PDA

View Full Version : Suns looking to trade for Pau Gasol

Pages : [1] 2

Stunner
02-02-2014, 07:54 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10392533/phoenix-suns-explore-deal-los-angeles-lakers-pau-Gasol prob Meka , one of the Morris twins and a 1st.

king4day
02-02-2014, 08:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10392533/phoenix-suns-explore-deal-los-angeles-lakers-pau-Gasol prob Meka , one of the Morris twins and a 1st.

Unlikely anything more than emeka. If LA wants more than that they can enjoy their lux tax issues

Stunner
02-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Unlikely anything more than emeka. If LA wants more than that they can enjoy their lux tax issues

I'm sure they will get one of those 3 1st round picks

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2014, 08:13 PM

LOL, no way they are getting that haul. I think this story is BS. But if it is legit i think it will be meka and indys first

P&GRealist
02-02-2014, 08:22 PM

The Lakers have 2 goals:

1) get a draft pick or two for compensating Gasol's loss so they can rebuild

2) get under the luxury tax threshold by the deadline so that they don't become a repeater tax team heading into next season.

With a straight up Gasol-Okafor swap, the Lakers will be less than $3M away from getting under the luxury tax threshold.

I see the Lakers trying to get rid of maybe someone like Steve Blake (who is said to return by this Tuesday) in addition to Gasol. Blake has an expiring $4M contract.

I think if the Suns add one of the Morris brothers, the deal could work as long as Blake/Gasol are within 125% of salaries of either Morris brother + Okafor. (or is it 75%, not sure)

With Bledsoe out right now, Blake would be an awesome backup for Dragic, and going into the playoffs, that team could use a veteran guy like Blake. If Blake doesn't pan out, doesn't matter as he is an expiring contract anyways.

Gasol: $19,285,850 (expiring)
Blake: $4,000,000 (expiring)

Total 23,285,850

Markief Morris $2,091,840 (with 2 yrs left)
Okafor $14,487,500 (expiring)
Slava Kratsov $1,500,000 (expiring)

Total $18,019,340

18,019,340/23,285,850 = 77%

So essentially:

Lakers get Kratsov, Markief Morris, Okafor and a 2014 1st rd pick

Suns get Gasol and Blake

Stunner
02-02-2014, 08:23 PM
LOL, no way they are getting that haul. I think this story is BS. But if it is legit i think it will be meka and indys first

Doubt it's BS because earlier this week their was a report of the Cats and Suns being buyers this deadline to improve their playoff chance . Gasol on the Suns would be a very good move and if the Lakers get a 1st this year with an expiring it's good for them too .

lol, please
02-02-2014, 08:25 PM
The Suns would be dangerous with Gasol.

TrueFan420
02-02-2014, 08:25 PM

Yea I mean including indy's pick won't hurt too much and getting Pau could be very beneficial to your playoff push while not hurting your long term flexibility. But I don't see you giving up anymore than that and honestly the lakers should take that an be happy.

Stunner
02-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Lakers have a better chance getting the less talented Morris brother but yea another player will have to be added from Phx side regardless . That trade suggested above makes a lot of sense .

P&GRealist
02-02-2014, 08:26 PM
And for you Suns fans, going forward, there is no way you can pay both Morris brothers and keep them along with paying Dragic and with Bledsoe being a restricted free agent, and with Gerald Green balling and finding his game and maturity after so many years in the league.

It's better to have a veteran and proven championship guy like Pau with a Morris brother rather than both Morris brothers and hoping those 2 can grow together to one day compete for a title. You go for the win now, not 3-4 yrs down the line.

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2014, 08:27 PM
The Lakers have 2 goals:

2) get under the luxury tax threshold by the deadline so that they don't become a repeater tax team heading into next season.

With a straight up Gasol-Okafor swap, the Lakers will be less than $3M away from getting under the luxury tax threshold.

I see the Lakers trying to get rid of maybe someone like Steve Blake (who is said to return by this Tuesday) in addition to Gasol. Blake has an expiring $4M contract.

I think if the Suns add one of the Morris brothers, the deal could work as long as Blake/Gasol are within 125% of salaries of either Morris brother + Okafor. (or is it 75%, not sure)

With Bledsoe out right now, Blake would be an awesome backup for Dragic, and going into the playoffs, that team could use a veteran guy like Blake. If Blake doesn't pan out, doesn't matter as he is an expiring contract anyways.

Total 23,285,850

Total $18,019,340

So essentially:

Suns get Gasol and Blake

No chance of us throwing in Markeiff Morris in this deal

TrueFan420
02-02-2014, 08:28 PM
The Lakers have 2 goals:

Total 23,285,850

Total $18,019,340

So essentially:

Suns get Gasol and Blake
I don't see the suns moving one of the brothers.

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2014, 08:29 PM
And for you Suns fans, going forward, there is no way you can pay both Morris brothers and keep them along with paying Dragic and with Bledsoe being a restricted free agent, and with Gerald Green balling and finding his game and maturity after so many years in the league.

It's better to have a veteran and proven championship guy like Pau with a Morris brother rather than both Morris brothers and hoping those 2 can grow together to one day compete for a title. You go for the win now, not 3-4 yrs down the line.

Pau will be a rental for this year, thats it. We arnt giving up Markeiff in this deal. It just wont happen.

Stunner
02-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Lol at the wonder twins being stuck together to prevent them for being better this year

P&GRealist
02-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Pau will be a rental for this year, thats it. We arnt giving up Markeiff in this deal. It just wont happen.

Of course it will. Why do you think Pau will leave PHX? If their medical staff revive his career, and the Suns get to the 2nd rd this yr, why wouldn't Gasol stay with a team that wanted him?

Hornaceck will make sure Pau get's his touches. You tend to forget that Horny played with the 2nd greatest PF ever in Karl Malone, so he understand's the value of someone like Pau. And Pau wouldn't even have to do as much in carrying the load. Just do what he does as a scoring threat in the post when the game slows down in the playoffs. And then get his 8+ rebounds a game (btw he's average 10 this season).

Going forward, you guys WILL NOT be able to keep both Morris brothers, with Dragic, and Bledsoe being a restricted FA this summer, with Gerald Green, and you also have to pay your rookies when their rookie contracts expire.

Don't just think for the now, think for the now AND going forward financially in this new tough CBA that everyone has to deal with.

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Lakers have a better chance getting the less talented Morris brother but yea another player will have to be added from Phx side regardless . That trade suggested above makes a lot of sense .

Nah, the trade works with just meka and Gasol. We have another cap space.

P&GRealist
02-02-2014, 08:37 PM

I would be okay with a Gasol for Okafor and 2 first rounders then.

TrueFan420
02-02-2014, 08:37 PM

Maybe for LA it does but not the suns. An expiring and a first is more than enough for a half season rental of gasol.

TrueFan420
02-02-2014, 08:38 PM

You're delusional if you think LA is gonna get that.

TrueFan420
02-02-2014, 08:39 PM

Yea but that's not enough to get la to do it. Meka and the Indy first for gasol would realistic and should leave both parties happy.

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2014, 08:43 PM

not happening

P&GRealist
02-02-2014, 08:43 PM
You're delusional if you think LA is gonna get that.

Suns get: Gasol, Blake

Lakers get: 2014 1st rounder, Kratsov, PJ Tucker, Okafor + cash to make the salaries work.

We gotta get under the luxury tax dammit lol

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Suns get: Gasol, Blake

Lakers get: 2014 1st rounder, Kratsov, PJ Tucker, Okafor + cash to make the salaries work.

We gotta get under the luxury tax dammit lol

no, y are we giving up PJ Tucker? Lakers are doing this for financial reasons. Suns are not giving up a starter

Bishnoff
02-02-2014, 08:46 PM
I don't see the suns moving one of the brothers.

This. We'd trade them both together if we did.

lakerfan85
02-02-2014, 08:47 PM
I wouldn't trade Pau to the Suns... **** the Suns..

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2014, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't trade Pau to the Suns... **** the Suns..

We gave u Nash:cheers:

P&GRealist
02-02-2014, 08:49 PM
no, y are we giving up PJ Tucker? Lakers are doing this for financial reasons. Suns are not giving up a starter

The Suns are the ones coming to the Lakers for this trade.

If you're going to be stingy about every little thing, then you guys can all just **** off.

YOU GET NOTHING!

GOOD DAY SIR!

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2014, 08:51 PM

If you're going to be stingy about every little thing, then you guys can all just **** off.

YOU GET NOTHING!

GOOD DAY SIR!

Fine you guys can keep Gasol, Suns dont need to make this trade. Its just a luxury.

Bishnoff
02-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Gasol is still capable of putting up good numbers, but he wouldn't be the best fit for the Suns. Our system dictates that we need to play a stretch 4 who can hit the 3 (predominantly for spacing reasons), and Plumlee and Len are holding their own at the 5. Gasol would definitely be an upgrade at the 5, but I'd rather we pursue an upgrade at PF or SF who suits our system.

Even a straight up Okafor for Gasol trade doesn't really impress me. Call me biased but the Suns are in a position of power with Okafor's contract and a plethora of picks over the next 2 drafts.

lakerfan85
02-02-2014, 08:53 PM

LOL!! That's why I said **** the Suns

king4day

We've got them both locked up for another year cheap. But long term you are right. Both are very important to this bench. Can't see either being dealt.

lakerfan85

LOL!! That's why I said **** the Suns

PraiseJesus
02-02-2014, 08:54 PM
As an objective Laker fan, I see the goal of the Lakers to get a 1st round pick out of Gasol.

Gasol would be a great player for the Suns to add. He is perennially underrated, a 2 time champion, and one of the most consistent PF in the league, those types are pretty hard to find nowadays.

My guess is that this deal is hinging on what 1st round pick the Lakers get in return.

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2014, 08:55 PM
LOL!! That's why I said **** the Sunsl

yeah i figured, lol

P&GRealist
02-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Fine you guys can keep Gasol, Suns dont need to make this trade. Its just a luxury.

Right now, you guys are the middle of the pack West playoff team, 1 round and out and don't come close to sniffing home court advantage. With Pau, you become a top 4 seed with home court advantage in the first round.

P&GRealist
02-02-2014, 08:57 PM
We've got them both locked up for another year cheap. But long term you are right. Both are very important to this bench. Can't see either being dealt.

What do you think of a Suns 2014 1st rder + Kratsov + OKafor + PJ Tucker for Pau and Steve Blake?

lajoie
02-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Right now, you guys are the middle of the pack West playoff team, 1 round and out and don't come close to sniffing home court advantage. With Pau, you become a top 4 seed with home court advantage in the first round.

Didn't realize Pau all of a sudden became Tim Duncan in his prime.

Bishnoff
02-02-2014, 08:59 PM

How exactly? Where do you suggest we play Pau and how do you suggest he improves the Suns specifically?

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2014, 09:01 PM

Great. The Lakers are a lousy team with Pau and are a lousier team without Pau. Im assuming your FO wants a top 3 pick, if so it would make the most sense to trade him even if its just a pure salary dump.

Stunner
02-02-2014, 09:02 PM
I mean Pau would be the Suns best front court player , it's not far fetched .

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Didn't realize Pau all of a sudden became Tim Duncan in his prime.

lol, so true

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2014, 09:03 PM

Pau hardly fits our system though, i find it hard to believe he is going to make us a top 4 seed.

PraiseJesus
02-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Pau hardly fits our system though, i find it hard to believe he is going to make us a top 4 seed.

Pau is very underrated by PSD type fans

Just as Dwight was overrated

Bishnoff
02-02-2014, 09:04 PM

So would Al Jefferson, but that doesn't mean he'd be good for the team.

king4day
02-02-2014, 09:07 PM

What do you think of a Suns 2014 1st rder + Kratsov + OKafor + PJ Tucker for Pau and Steve Blake? I'd pass too. Tucker isn't a throw in. He's our best defender. Too many guards for Blake to make sense anyway.

I understand why LA wants the first but I believe McDonough is only going to pull the trigger is if the only thing going to LA is Emeka.

WARRIORS@GR
02-02-2014, 09:08 PM
The Suns would be dumb if they gave up picks or useful assets for Pau Gasol.He does not make them more than a 2nd round exit,AT BEST.Lol at the guy saying they will get HCA with Pau.They have a nice young team,lots of picks,and enough cap space.They are fine.

Bishnoff
02-02-2014, 09:09 PM
This: http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=2200

instead of this: http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=101112

would kill our spacing and make it so much harder for Dragic (and Bledsoe when he returns) to attack the basket (which is our primary offense).

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2014, 09:12 PM

would kill our spacing and make it so much harder for Dragic (and Bledsoe when he returns) to attack the basket (which is our primary offense).

Gasol would have to start C, with Frye as PF.

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2014, 09:12 PM
But then we lose out rim protector.....

P&GRealist
02-02-2014, 09:13 PM
I'd pass too. Tucker isn't a throw in. He's our best defender. Too many guards for Blake to make sense anyway.

I understand why LA wants the first but I believe McDonough is only going to pull the trigger is if the only thing going to LA is Emeka.

Article says Suns would be willing to throw in more than 1 of their draft picks. Let's see.

king4day
02-02-2014, 09:13 PM

Not to mention chemistry. This trade is six years too late. We should have dealt amare or Marion for him when we supposedly had the chance

king4day
02-02-2014, 09:15 PM
I'd pass too. Tucker isn't a throw in. He's our best defender. Too many guards for Blake to make sense anyway.

Article says Suns would be willing to throw in more than 1 of their draft picks. Let's see.

It's more specific to talent who can help long term

NBA_Starter
02-02-2014, 09:16 PM
He would be a nice fit for sure, I thought he would end up on the Thunder somehow.

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2014, 09:17 PM

No chance 2 first round picks are involved.

lajoie
02-02-2014, 09:22 PM
No one's giving up more than one 1st rounder for a guy who could bolt in 4 months.

TDE
02-02-2014, 09:23 PM

YOU GET NOTHING!

GOOD DAY SIR!

lol true

P&GRealist
02-02-2014, 09:23 PM
No one's giving up more than one 1st rounder for a guy who could bolt in 4 months.

But the Suns will :)

P&GRealist
02-02-2014, 09:24 PM
No chance 2 first round picks are involved.

Keep telling yourself that. :)

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2014, 09:25 PM

Not McDonough.

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2014, 09:26 PM

OK, ill bookmark this thread and come back to it when 2 first round picks are not traded for Gasol:)

Bishnoff
02-02-2014, 09:26 PM

For a self proclaimed "Realist" you come across as quite the optimist.

TrueFan420
02-02-2014, 09:37 PM

Honestly I could see him including indy's pick to get it done. Gasol gives you an important dimension to your offense for the playoffs and experience. It's a late pick and one can be bought for cash that late. But nothing more than that.

P&GRealist
02-02-2014, 09:37 PM
For a self proclaimed "Realist" you come across as quite the optimist.

Thanks!

Shortys4711
02-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Suns are not giving up anything outside of okafor and maybe just maybe Indys pick. Either way they are not splitting up the twins or dealing tucker. I don't want gasol anyway. He's not a good fit for us.

P&GRealist
02-02-2014, 09:40 PM
If you guys want Pau Gasol:

Please call 1-800-Save-Gasol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCNUZnFcycQ

PraiseJesus
02-02-2014, 11:20 PM
First thing on the agenda for Adam Silver:

Rig the draft for the Lakers

The CP3 scam was just plain dirty

THE MTL
02-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Lmao at these year proposals Laker fans are posting. This ain't Memphis; the Suns actually rape Lakers in trades. #stevenash

PraiseJesus
02-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Lmao at these year proposals Laker fans are posting. This ain't Memphis; the Suns actually rape Lakers in trades. #stevenash

You kids will never accept that Jerry West knew more than you when he traded for Marc Gasol

That "throw in" was more valuable to people who actually know basketball

#BasketballGmsKnowMoreThanYou

rocky4104
02-02-2014, 11:30 PM
imo, Lakers need this trade more than the Suns. However great Pau is, he does not make the Suns better, not with their current style of play. with that said, i think that if LA is aking for too much, McDonough will back out of the talks, he reportedly said that what he wants for the team, long term, is a young star

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-02-2014, 11:32 PM
Bass and Green for Okafor and a pick. Thoughts?

Pierre The Poet
02-02-2014, 11:48 PM

Lakers: 16 Championships...Suns: 0 Championships

We rape you in basketball

MagicBucsSox
02-03-2014, 12:08 AM
The Suns would be dangerous with Gasol.
Lmao it's still a round 1elimination

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 12:09 AM
John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo987 1h
The Suns would not give up a first round pick for Gasol only Okafor because it adds 8 mill in payroll and subtracts 13 off LAs books.

Hope Gambo is right

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 12:43 AM
First of all, Okafor's contract is insured so LAL has the incentive of saving major $$ in this deal.

Most likely this deal will be Frye and Okafor for Gasol. Frye is a decent stretch 4 that can help them if they find a true C in the draft like Embiid.

So if you think the Suns are gonna give up any good young player or good drafts, kiss those dreams good bye baby. At best you may get the Pacers 1st round pick and even that is if Jeanie Buss f**ks and blows Robert Sarver real good while Phil Jackson watches.

Secondly, the Morris twins are trash when separated. Markieff isn't too horrible but Marcus is hot garbage when playing without his brother. Both of them are playing well this season because of the fact that their together. And they will both likely take paycuts to remain together with the Suns because they know PHX is the team that united them in the NBA and probably one of the few teams who understand the importance of keepin them together.

If I was a betting man, I would bet that Suns do not make a trade for Gasol. Rumors are just rumors.

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 12:49 AM
First of all, Okafor's contract is insured so LAL has the incentive of saving major $$ in this deal.

Most likely this deal will be Frye and Okafor for Gasol. Frye is a decent stretch 4 that can help them if they find a true C in the draft like Embiid.

So if you think the Suns are gonna give up any good young player or good drafts, kiss those dreams good bye baby. At best you may get the Pacers 1st round pick and even that is if Jeanie Buss f**ks and blows Robert Sarver real good while Phil Jackson watches.

Secondly, the Morris twins are trash when separated. Markieff isn't too horrible but Marcus is hot garbage when playing without his brother. Both of them are playing well this season because of the fact that their together. And they will both likely take paycuts to remain together with the Suns because they know PHX is the team that united them in the NBA and probably one of the few teams who understand the importance of keepin them together.

If I was a betting man, I would bet that Suns do not make a trade for Gasol. Rumors are just rumors.

No way Frye will be included. Who will start at PF us? Markeiff

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 12:56 AM

No they won't, chances are the Suns rape the Lakers like they did in the Nash trade.

Leftcoast_yg
02-03-2014, 12:56 AM
lakers: 16 championships...suns: 0 championships

we rape you in basketball

lol!!!

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 12:59 AM

Uh Gasol? His defense or lack there of would have to be off setted by Plumlee' rim protection (or at least we ought to hope it would)

Bishnoff
02-03-2014, 01:01 AM
Lakers: 16 Championships...Suns: 0 Championships

We rape you in basketball

THE MTL isn't a Suns fan; he's a neutral fan in this topic...

Bishnoff
02-03-2014, 01:02 AM
Uh Gasol? His defense or lack there of would have to be off setted by Plumlee' rim protection (or at least we ought to hope it would)

Gasol would screw up our spacing playing PF. Dragic and Bledsoe's (when healthy) PPG would each drop by 5 at least.

Stunner
02-03-2014, 01:04 AM
Bulls would do Booz for Meka and a 2nd. he wouldn't clog up the paint , just shooting from the elbow and grab boards .

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 01:05 AM

Gasol would screw up our spacing playing PF. Dragic and Bledsoe's (when healthy) PPG would each drop by 5 at least.
I agree I'm not a fan of trading for Gasol either. But if they do, it will be Okafor and MAYBE the Pacers pick for him.

I think spacing won't be too bad cause Pau can still jump shots can't he? Just not 3s...

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 01:05 AM

So we now have no stretch 4 and now the paint is clogged up, which limits Dragic and Bledsoe driving. Changes our whole offense. I see Dragic's and Bleds production dropping if thats the caGasol does comes to Phoenix he has to play C IMO and then our defense takes a massive hit.

ellington19
02-03-2014, 01:06 AM

Um, Gasol...

Bishnoff
02-03-2014, 01:09 AM
Bulls would do Booz for Meka and a 2nd

Again, not a player who fits our system. There's very few stretch 4's who can make the current Suns team and system better than Frye does. There are many better PFs, but that doesn't mean they'll fit our system and make us a better team.

Suns aren't in a position where they have to make a trade for the sake of it, and we've finally got a GM in McDonough who is thinking about the future (and not just the present like all our GMs for the last decade).

Duncan = Donkey
i agree i'm not a fan of trading for gasol either. But if they do, it will be okafor and maybe the pacers pick for him.

I think spacing won't be too bad cause pau can still jump shots can't he? Just not 3s...

3-9ft - 37.5%
10-15ft - 41.7%
16-23ft - 37%

Bishnoff
So we now have no stretch 4 and now the paint is clogged up, which limits Dragic and Bledsoe driving. Changes our whole offense. I see Dragic's and Bleds production dropping if thats the caGasol does comes to Phoenix he has to play C IMO and then our defense takes a massive hit.

Bingo. I can always rely on my fellow Aussie to see the bigger picture.

rocky4104
02-03-2014, 01:11 AM

YOU GET NOTHING!

GOOD DAY SIR!

trust me sir, if it was up to us PSD Suns fans (well, most of us anyway) we'll say "okay, let's call it off". basing on my fellow Suns fans' opinion in our own forum, the most we'll want is Okafor + 1 pick, many of us are expecting (hoping) for a Pau-for-Okafor trade

Bishnoff
02-03-2014, 01:11 AM
I agree I'm not a fan of trading for Gasol either. But if they do, it will be Okafor and MAYBE the Pacers pick for him.

I think spacing won't be too bad cause Pau can still jump shots can't he? Just not 3s...

See my previous post above for Gasol's shot chart compared to Frye's.

rocky4104
02-03-2014, 01:15 AM
Bingo. I can always rely on my fellow Aussie to see the bigger picture.

hey, i'm thinking that too! and i'm a 'neighbor'. two hours flight :) **living in Sacramento now though...

Stunner
Again, not a player who fits our system. There's very few stretch 4's who can make the current Suns team and system better than Frye does. There are many better PFs, but that doesn't mean they'll fit our system and make us a better team.

Suns aren't in a position where they have to make a trade for the sake of it, and we've finally got a GM in McDonough who is thinking about the future (and not just the present like all our GMs for the last decade).

He might not be able to shoot 3's but Boozer game is shooting and he doesn't clog the lane which I see most of y'all problem is with Gasol and you would still keep Miles at the Center spot. Go look at the tape with Rose , DJ and Nate all guards who attack the paint . Boozer doesn't have any effects on that .

Bishnoff
Bulls would do Booz for Meka and a 2nd. he wouldn't clog up the paint , just shooting from the elbow and grab boards .

The beauty of having Frye is that he draws his defender out to the top of the 3 point line. That allows Dragic and Bledsoe to easily slip beneath that defender, making the defender helpless to guard against drives. If Frye camped behind the 3 in the corner he'd be less effective because his defender could rotate easier to protect the rim. It's not just Frye's range that suits our system, it's where he sits on offense and shoots his highest 3 point percentage from.

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 01:16 AM
3-9ft - 37.5%
10-15ft - 41.7%
16-23ft - 37%

Yea but those numbers are based off him playing in a terrible offense on a terrible team with terrible players around him. Defenses focus and collapse on him. They won't be able to do with on the Suns. Dragic and Bledsoe can actually create for Pau. Who creates for Pau in LA? Marshall? Lolz.

I don't think its fair to use Gasol's stats this year playing on a dysfunctional team to judge him as a player and to judge what he would give us.

Not advocating trading for him but I hate the idea that we must have shooters all over the court in order to effective. So if Paul Allen got really high celebrating his super bowl win and called offered LMA for Frye and Okafor, are we gonna say no because LMA can't chuck 3s? Exactly.

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 01:20 AM
Yea but those numbers are based off him playing in a terrible offense on a terrible team with terrible players around him. Defenses focus and collapse on him. They won't be able to do with on the Suns. Dragic and Bledsoe can actually create for Pau. Who creates for Pau in LA? Marshall? Lolz.

I don't think its fair to use Gasol's stats this year playing on a dysfunctional team to judge him as a player and to judge what he would give us.

Not advocating trading for him but I hate the idea that we must have shooters all over the court in order to effective. So if Paul Allen got really high celebrating his super bowl win and called offered LMA for Frye and Okafor, are we gonna say no because LMA can't chuck 3s? Exactly.

Comparing Aldridge to Gasol is stuipd though. One is 33 years old and past his best, the other is a 28 year old all star who some consider the best PF in the league.

Bishnoff
02-03-2014, 01:21 AM
He might not be able to shoot 3's but Boozer game is shooting and he doesn't clog the lane which I see most of y'all problem is with Gasol and you would still keep Miles at the Center spot. Go look at the tape with Rose , DJ and Nate all guards who attack the paint . Boozer doesn't have any effects on that .

Boozer's shot chart:

http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=2430

Boozer's shots come from close to the basket and closer to the baseline/corners than the top of the key. This means that his defender will be beneath our ball handling guards, and closer to the rim. Makes it much easier for the defender to rotate and protect the rim.

Stunner
02-03-2014, 01:22 AM

That's what I think most are trying to get at , if you can balance having a Pau / Boozer type with Frye you will still be alright or even better seeing Meka gave you zero . Guys should try and get Ryan Anderson

Stunner
02-03-2014, 01:25 AM
Boozer's shot chart:

http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=2430

Boozer's shots come from close to the basket and closer to the baseline/corners than the top of the key. This means that his defender will be beneath our ball handling guards, and closer to the rim. Makes it much easier for the defender to rotate and protect the rim.

Again though you have two killer guards defenses have to respect so the game planning will change . Things offensively for you won't change drastically as y'all make it out to be if that it makes the whole team better . Rose hasn't had any trouble playing with boozer and he attacks the basket prob more than your guards .

shep33
02-03-2014, 01:26 AM
This past month Pau averaged 21 and 12. He's still very capable on offense.

I think at the very most Phoenix gives up 1 first.

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 01:27 AM
Comparing Aldridge to Gasol is stuipd though. One is 33 years old and past his best, the other is a 28 year old all star who some consider the best PF in the league.
Not comparing them to each other buts stupid to say that the Suns will only accept 3pt chuckers at PF.

Instead of trying to solidify being the biggest jump shooting team, we should be trying to find a player who can do a little of both (scoring inside and outside). Haven't had a player who can score inside in the paint in over 4 years and its shown.

Is Gasol that player? Eh Idk. I'll trust McD and our training staff though if they give the heads up. If it was up to me I wouldn't trade for Gasol though. But my reasoning to not trade for Pau Gasol isn't because he isn't a 3pt chucker.

JWorthy42
02-03-2014, 01:28 AM
This past month Pau averaged 21 and 12. He's still very capable on offense.

The past month Pau played like a Top 5 PF in this league.

Griffin
Aldridge
Love
Dirk
Pau

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 01:33 AM
The past month Pau played like a Top 5 PF in this league.

Griffin
Aldridge
Love
Dirk
Pau
You shouldn't even dream about Pau being better than Anthony Davis, its very, very bad for your health.

Stunner
02-03-2014, 01:37 AM
You shouldn't even dream about Pau being better than Anthony Davis, its very, very bad for your health.

Prob because he's a center this year , that's were most of his mins are and what he plays when Anderson is healthy

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 01:37 AM
Not comparing them to each other buts stupid to say that the Suns will only accept 3pt chuckers at PF.

Instead of trying to solidify being the biggest jump shooting team, we should be trying to find a player who can do a little of both (scoring inside and outside). Haven't had a player who can score inside in the paint in over 4 years and its shown.

Is Gasol that player? Eh Idk. I'll trust McD and our training staff though if they give the heads up. If it was up to me I wouldn't trade for Gasol though. But my reasoning to not trade for Pau Gasol isn't because he isn't a 3pt chucker.

I think its pretty clear though that having a big who can shoot 3's is part of our system. I dont think we have had a lineup all year without having 4 3pt shooters floor at all times. (bar Ish Smith lol).

I see what your saying thoigh about our lack of inside scoring. Gasol could solve that but I also think Gasol brings us alot of problems on defense as I worry about how he will affect Goran and EB

jerellh528
02-03-2014, 01:41 AM
Gasol deserves to go to a contender, not the suns to be stuck in phoenix for the rest of the year. I'd rather keep him and watch him play out his contact in LA, unless the suns give up a 1st, not indy's 1st though.

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 01:44 AM
I think its pretty clear though that having a big who can shoot 3's is part of our system. I dont think we have had a lineup all year without having 4 3pt shooters floor at all times. (bar Ish Smith lol).

I see what your saying thoigh about our lack of inside scoring. Gasol could solve that but I also think Gasol brings us alot of problems on defense as I worry about how he will affect Goran and EB
That's because we have had no other choice cause we don't have players who can score inside. It would change with Pau.

Agreed about defense and that's what I'm most worried about in terms of acquiring Gasol.

Bishnoff
02-03-2014, 01:45 AM
Again though you have two killer guards defenses have to respect so the game planning will change . Things offensively for you won't change drastically as y'all make it out to be if that it makes the whole team better . Rose hasn't had any trouble playing with boozer and he attacks the basket prob more than your guards .

Nope, even Rose's MVP season he took less shots close to the basket than Dragic this season:

Rose 2010-11: http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=201565&Season=2010-11&display-mode=distribution

Dragic 2013-14: http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=201609&display-mode=distribution

It's beside the point anyway. The Bulls are 29th in pace this season and predominantly run a half court offense. The Suns are 6th in pace and run a transition offense. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 01:45 AM
Gasol deserves to go to a contender, not the suns to be stuck in phoenix for the rest of the year. I'd rather keep him and watch him play out his contact in LA, unless the suns give up a 1st, not indy's 1st though.

We dont want him. He can stay where he is.

jerellh528
02-03-2014, 01:47 AM
We dont want him. He can stay where he is.

I hope he stays, but it seems no matter what YOU want, the suns organization does want him.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-03-2014, 01:49 AM

Agreed. If the Suns just want to give up Indy's pick, trade him to OKC for their pick. At least he would have a chance at winning.

But I understand why the Suns wouldn't give up a first for Pau. He won't help then win anything and he won't stay after these four months. What's the point?

Bishnoff
02-03-2014, 01:50 AM
I'd love to draw a diagram but one of the big reasons why Dragic and Bledsoe have been so successful this season is that we've had Frye sitting at the top of the 3 hitting shots if his defender doesn't respect him, and Plumlee running high PnRs. That means that both of the opposing front court defenders are regularly drawn out of the key and above the FT line. This gives Dragic and Bledsoe the maximum time and space to attack the rim, which is why they're averaging career highs in PPG and FTA (because that defender who is late to rotate is forced to contest when out of position).

JWorthy42
02-03-2014, 01:53 AM

Davis is a center...or at least thats the position he plays on the usual.

Stunner
02-03-2014, 01:54 AM
Nope, even Rose's MVP season he took less shots close to the basket than Dragic this season:

Rose 2010-11: http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=201565&Season=2010-11&display-mode=distribution

Dragic 2013-14: http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=201609&display-mode=distribution

It's beside the point anyway. The Bulls are 29th in pace this season and predominantly run a half court offense. The Suns are 6th in pace and run a transition offense. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Rose taking less shots at the paint was due to Rose falling in love with his new found jumpshot prior to that Rose attacked the basket more even with paint cloggers . I still stand by my stance of Boozer not being a paint clogger .curreny style of play won't last long in the playoffs especially if that 3 PT stops falling from the PF spot . But the suns are being buyers this deadline so let's see what they do .

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 01:55 AM
I hope he stays, but it seems no matter what YOU want, the suns organization does want him.

Yeah if it only means giving up Meka, Sure we will take him from the train wreck that he is now.

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 01:57 AM
Agreed. If the Suns just want to give up Indy's pick, trade him to OKC for their pick. At least he would have a chance at winning.

But I understand why the Suns wouldn't give up a first for Pau. He won't help then win anything and he won't stay after these four months. What's the point?

yeah, sums it up perfectly.

JWorthy42
02-03-2014, 01:58 AM
Why are Suns fans always so angry and irritated? lol

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 01:59 AM

Debating means we are angry? :confused:

Stunner
02-03-2014, 02:00 AM
If the Suns could get any kind of productive player by just ridding Meka they should do it . No rule says you have to start whoever you trade for especially seeing the player you traded did nothing . Can still keep your beloved 3pt shooter the PF spot but when he sits it would be nice to have a change of pace especially if frye goes on a cold streak .

JPHX
Pau for Emeka straight up. Anything more would be stupid on the Suns part. McDonough isn't an idiot, he knows this. Okafor's contract is 80% insured. LA saves big bucks. If they want more than cap relief, lets say a pick, then we should walk. We don't need Gasol anyway.

jerellh528
LOL at suns fans complaining that acquiring pau would drop bledsoe's and dragic's ppg...gasol would instantly be the suns most skilled player if he went there, he would definitely make them more dynamic and versatile.

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 02:01 AM
If the Suns could get any kind of productive player by just ridding Meka they should do it . No rule says you have to start whoever you trade for especially seeing the player you traded did nothing . Can still keep your beloved 3pt shooter the PF spot but when he sits it would be nice to have a change of pace especially if frye goes on a cold streak .

I think the majority of Suns fans would do a straight swap. Giving up more than is just not worth it though.
I can see us giving up Indy's pick though, dont agree with it but can see it happening.

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 02:02 AM
LOL at suns fans complaining that acquiring pau would drop bledsoe's and dragic's ppg...gasol would instantly be the suns most skilled player if he went there, he would definitely make them more dynamic and versatile.

Gasol would not be our best player if thats what you mean by skilled.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-03-2014, 02:03 AM

I don't think it's that. Fans just want what's best for their team. You have to put yourself in their shoes. Sometimes teams are not good trading partners. Lakers are not looking to just save money by trading Pau. If they were they would have saved way more by trading him for Bynum. And the Suns don't want to give up too much for a rental. I don't think anything happens. Usually things don't happen when it gets to the media before it is completed.

jerellh528
02-03-2014, 02:05 AM
Gasol would not be our best player if thats what you mean by skilled.

what's in a name...? Gasol can still be a top player, dumbtoni doesn't know how to utilize his skill set to the max.

P&GRealist
02-03-2014, 02:07 AM
Pau for Emeka straight up. Anything more would be stupid on the Suns part. McDonough isn't an idiot, he knows this. Okafor's contract is 80% insured. LA saves big bucks. If they want more than cap relief, lets say a pick, then we should walk. We don't need Gasol anyway.

The Suns are offering a pick. The question is whether they'd be willing to offer more than just 1 1st round pick.

The Lakers are not going to do a straight up without any added picks. Or else, we would have taken the Bynum deal with Cleveland in a heart beat as all the Lakers would have to pay in that would be $6M.

Don't be dumb.

jerellh528
02-03-2014, 02:09 AM
also gasol's game is very much affected by his mentality. Ever since the cp3 veto his play hasn't been the same and he's also been in every trade rumor under the sun since then. If he was was traded and knew that team that traded for him actually wanted him, I could see him resigning there and being very productive.

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 02:13 AM
The Suns are offering a pick. The question is whether they'd be willing to offer more than just 1 1st round pick.

The Lakers are not going to do a straight up without any added picks. Or else, we would have taken the Bynum deal with Cleveland in a heart beat as all the Lakers would have to pay in that would be $6M.

Don't be dumb.

What? how do you know they are offering a pick?

JPHX
02-03-2014, 02:14 AM

Don't be dumb.

It's not dumb...When the hell were we offering a pick?? Our local beat writer already reported that its highly unlikely we offer a pick in this deal. What's dumb is offering anything more than cap relief for a 4 month rental player we don't really need.

JWorthy42
02-03-2014, 02:18 AM

Its not that, its the way you debate. "Defensive" comes to mind.

JWorthy42
02-03-2014, 02:21 AM
I'll be honest, I wouldn't give up 2 1st Round picks for Pau...especially since its like a 90% chance that he leaves in the summer.

P&GRealist
02-03-2014, 02:22 AM

Because Marc Stein said in his article.

P&GRealist
02-03-2014, 02:22 AM

Yup.

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 02:24 AM

Well, if Mark Stein said so...........:rolleyes:

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 02:24 AM

Exactly. At least there's one Laker fan that has sense in this thread. Where's Lakers24?

No, not willing to accept that we are gonna give up the farm for 33 year old soon to be FA Pau Gasol makes us angry.

Um are you still drunk from the super bowl or are you purposely trying to be moronic? Only way Gasol would be most skilled on the Suns if he comes and kills Dragic and Bledsoe in their sleep.

Don't be dumb.

No they aren't. Read your Laker fan counterpart's post above.

I feel bad for you. Your gonna end up getting your hopes all up and then its gonna get destroyed when all you get (if we even decide to trade for Pau) is Okafor's corpse which will be used for nothing than cap relief. Hopefully those hopes will be less than the hopes you had for the Dwight-Kobe-Nash-Gasol team last year :D

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 02:26 AM

:laugh2:

PraiseJesus
02-03-2014, 02:49 AM
One thing is for certain here

The Suns fans have built up some serious disdain for the Lakers over the years

The thing people have to remember here is that Robert Sarvier (or however you spell his name) is notoriously cheap.

If he is ever on the fence about a decision he is going to lean on the side of saving some $

IM looking at the suns team and see a lot of players that need to get paid at some point

P&GRealist
02-03-2014, 03:00 AM

The thing people have to remember here is that Robert Sarvier (or however you spell his name) is notoriously cheap.

If he is ever on the fence about a decision he is going to lean on the side of saving some $

IM looking at the suns team and see a lot of players that need to get paid at some point

It's funny because they won 2 playoff series (06 and 07) against 1 for the Lakers (2010), and we're the ones that got stuck with old Moosepiss Nash and D'antoni, Mr. Moosepiss stole a league mvp away from Kobe in 05-06, and yet they are the ones that seem so hateful and filled with disdain.

P&GRealist
02-03-2014, 03:01 AM
Well, if Mark Stein said so...........:rolleyes:

Kind of a lame come back when your previous post was "WHEN THE HELL DID YOU HEAR ABOUT A DRAFT PICK BLAH BLAH BLAH ?!!?!?!!!?!? OMG!!!!!! "

TrueFan420
02-03-2014, 03:01 AM

First off I'm not a suns fan but as a fan in general... It's hard not to be defensive when a certain lakers fan comes in and starts saying non sense like gasol is instantly the best player on your team, he takes you from barely making the playoffs to top 4, not only asking for cap relief but young players and a pick or starter and a pick or two picks; just outlandish offers in general. Like you've said they just don't match up well and unless the lakers give in and accept what is most likely the best offer the receive (cap relief and a late 1st) then Pau stays and keeps you out of the official bottom dwellers status that might land you a top 3 pick.

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 03:11 AM

I think you should read this article

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/20140123phoenix-suns-owner-robert-sarver-on-road-to-redemption.html

Sarver has changed. If the Suns are considered a good team and/or a team with a good future, its mainly because of Sarver.

bleedprple&gold
02-03-2014, 03:12 AM
I feel bad for you. Your gonna end up getting your hopes all up and then its gonna get destroyed when all you get (if we even decide to trade for Pau) is Okafor's corpse which will be used for nothing than cap relief. Hopefully those hopes will be less than the hopes you had for the Dwight-Kobe-Nash-Gasol team last year :D

Lakers won't do that deal otherwise they would have pulled the trigger for Bynum. Knowing that why would Phoenix approach the Lakers with only offering Okafor? That would just be a waste of everybody's time.

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 03:12 AM
Kind of a lame come back when your previous post was "WHEN THE HELL DID YOU HEAR ABOUT A DRAFT PICK BLAH BLAH BLAH ?!!?!?!!!?!? OMG!!!!!! "

John Gambo just said that the Suns won't trade a first for Gasol. Gambo knows way more about the Suns trades and signings than any other source out there.

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 03:14 AM

:confused:

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 03:15 AM
Lakers won't do that deal otherwise they would have pulled the trigger for Bynum. Knowing that why would Phoenix approach the Lakers with only offering Okafor? That would just be a waste of everybody's time.

Cause we hosed you once with Nash, may as well try it again.

PraiseJesus
02-03-2014, 03:18 AM
First off I'm not a suns fan but as a fan in general... It's hard not to be defensive when a certain lakers fan comes in and starts saying non sense like gasol is instantly the best player on your team, he takes you from barely making the playoffs to top 4, not only asking for cap relief but young players and a pick or starter and a pick or two picks; just outlandish offers in general. Like you've said they just don't match up well and unless the lakers give in and accept what is most likely the best offer the receive (cap relief and a late 1st) then Pau stays and keeps you out of the official bottom dwellers status that might land you a top 3 pick.

Did you see the Lakers before they got Gasol? They were an easy 1 and done squad in the playoffs.

After he came to town the Lakers won 2 in a row and went to the finals 3 years in a row.

I dont know why, but ESPN and other sports outlets have tremendous power to shape the opinions of NBA fans in any way they want.

Pau is perenially underrated and Dwight Howard/Melo/Monta Ellis are consistently overrated.

I feel like I was one of the only people telling PSD that Steph Curry would be the 2nd best PG in the league and a hall of famer 2 years ago. Most of the people on PSD laughed at me because DRose, Westbrook, and freaking Dwill were so freakin unstoppable (laughs).

Gasol is an incrediblely valuable player because he has very very high basketball IQ, championship experience, a do whats best for the team mentallity, and of course he can postup, rebound, and especially pass as good as any PF in the league when he is used correctly.

Mike Brown was ordered to feature Bynum over Pau when he was in town and Dantoni has no clue how to correctly use him as the ceterpiece of an offense.

On a young up and coming team like the Suns Pau would be a tremendous addition and could be the difference between a first round exit and a run to the west conference finals or more.

Just as he was with the Lakers when he arrived

bleedprple&gold
02-03-2014, 03:26 AM
John Gambo just said that the Suns won't trade a first for Gasol. Gambo knows way more about the Suns trades and signings than any other source out there.

If that's true no point in talking about this any further because a deal is not happening. 4 picks not enough for the Suns?

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 03:28 AM
If that's true no point in talking about this any further because a deal is not happening. 4 picks not enough for the Suns?

Its 3 picks, we wont get Minnys pick this year with the way they are going

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 03:34 AM

They wanna use those picks to get a player that's actually in his prime like Love. Suns may be targeting Love in the off season if he tells Minny that he wants out.

Love would be tailor made for the Suns offense and would push them into a contending team with Bledsoe's development as well.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-03-2014, 03:34 AM
Suns have 4 first rounders this year, what the hell :laugh2:

PraiseJesus
02-03-2014, 03:36 AM
They wanna use those picks to get a player that's actually in his prime like Love. Suns may be targeting Love in the off season if he tells Minny that he wants out.

Love would be tailor made for the Suns offense and would push them into a contending team with Bledsoe's development as well.

Well why not target Lebron then if the Suns are such a great destination??

Truth is KLove to Lakers seems all but a certainty and Lebron is staying in Miami

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 03:49 AM
Well why not target Lebron then if the Suns are such a great destination??

Truth is KLove to Lakers seems all but a certainty and Lebron is staying in Miami
Did you just compare LeBron to Love?

Wow. Ok in that case I'm gonna compare Kobe to Joe Johnson.

And what's wrong with PHX as a destination? They have two very good players who have the potential to be star caliber players and then cap space to sign another max contract. Plus very good role players and a good bench as well.

What makes you think Love is a big market whore? I think he's just trying to win somewhere and PHX is much better destination for that than LAL currently. Like Magic said, the Lakers are one of the most dysfunctional franchises in sports and will likely remain that way for a while under Jim Buss.

jerellh528
02-03-2014, 03:51 AM

Sorry bro, love wants to be a laker, not a pheonix sun lol.

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 03:51 AM
Can any PHX fans tell me some good Suns reporters to follow besides John Gambo?

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 03:53 AM

And what's wrong with PHX as a destination? They have two very good players who have the potential to be star caliber players and then cap space to sign another max contract. Plus very good role players and a good bench as well.

What makes you think Love is a big market whore? I think he's just trying to win somewhere and PHX is much better destination for that than LAL currently. Like Magic said, the Lakers are one of the most dysfunctional franchises in sports and will likely remain that way for a while under Jim Buss.

While a lot of what you said is true, Love is a huge Lakers fan and it is his dream to play for them. I know the Lakers are down now, but by the time Love is a free agent, which he will be no matter what in 2015, the Lakers could look a lot more appealing.

TrueFan420
02-03-2014, 03:56 AM
Did you see the Lakers before they got Gasol? They were an easy 1 and done squad in the playoffs.

After he came to town the Lakers won 2 in a row and went to the finals 3 years in a row.

I dont know why, but ESPN and other sports outlets have tremendous power to shape the opinions of NBA fans in any way they want.

Pau is perenially underrated and Dwight Howard/Melo/Monta Ellis are consistently overrated.

I feel like I was one of the only people telling PSD that Steph Curry would be the 2nd best PG in the league and a hall of famer 2 years ago. Most of the people on PSD laughed at me because DRose, Westbrook, and freaking Dwill were so freakin unstoppable (laughs).

Gasol is an incrediblely valuable player because he has very very high basketball IQ, championship experience, a do whats best for the team mentallity, and of course he can postup, rebound, and especially pass as good as any PF in the league when he is used correctly.

Mike Brown was ordered to feature Bynum over Pau when he was in town and Dantoni has no clue how to correctly use him as the ceterpiece of an offense.

On a young up and coming team like the Suns Pau would be a tremendous addition and could be the difference between a first round exit and a run to the west conference finals or more.

Just as he was with the Lakers when he arrived

Gasol should have received the finals MVP one of the two years as well. But that was a while ago. And while he's playing well at the moment his form and heart/head being in the game have been in question the last two years. For reasons we all understand but still goes through fazes. It's not the media I've watched him play some uninspired games for stretches of the season. The last couple years. Let's not forget that there is no guarantee that he stays there. The lakers are not gonna get a better offer than an expiring that is mostly paid for by insurance and a late first rounder for someone that will potentially leave whatever team trades for him. Then there's how he fits their style. They play with a stretch 4 and a defender at the 5 to protect the rim. Gasol can't play the 4 anymore and needs to be at 5. If he plays at the 5 their defense goes to hell. They'd need to adjust how they play of they deal for him and there's no way to tell how that effects their team chemistry. Lakers are not gonna get some massive haul for gasol and are foolish if they think they will. Much more goes into a deal than just how good a player is or isn't. An expiring and a late pick is most likely the best offer they get and they'd be foolish not to take it. With him they can't drop low enough to get a top 3 pick and there's not a chance in hell he returns there after how often they try to move him, scapegoat him and so on. And your tripping if you think gasol to the suns makes them a WCF team or more.

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 03:57 AM

Paul Coro and Gambo are the best

PraiseJesus
02-03-2014, 03:57 AM

Im not comparing Klove to Lebron.

Im just saying, if we are making off the wall wishes and assumptions why not go for LeBron?

Kevin Love is from Los Angeles and from all accounts wants to be a Laker. If KLove was from Phoenix I would give your idea some creedance.

Yes the Lakers are in disarray currently but history has shown that they will eventually right the ship

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 03:58 AM
Its a good thing that you know all this and aren't making it up out of your *****.

Paul Coro. Those two are the best ones in regards to news about the Suns.

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 03:59 AM
Paul Coro and Gambo are the best

Thanks man

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 04:00 AM
Im not comparing Klove to Lebron.

Im just saying, if we are making off the wall wishes and assumptions why not go for LeBron?

Kevin Love is from Los Angeles and from all accounts wants to be a Laker. If KLove was from Phoenix I would give your idea some creedance.

Yes the Lakers are in disarray currently but history has shown that they will eventually right the ship

What accounts? It really doesn't matter where he's from. He's gonna stay with the team that gives him the best chance to win regardless of whether its the T-Wolves, Suns, Lakers or the Bobcats.

James Harden is from PHX and even said that he would want to play for the Suns but that doesn't mean he ended up in PHX.

Oh and my last post wasn't me saying that Love will want to sign with PHX, I'm saying that's what the Suns FO is thinking. I'm not even a big fan of Love. I'm not quite on the Love bandwagon like a majority of the Suns and Lakers fans cause I'm still quite skeptical about his defense and inside game.

TrueFan420
02-03-2014, 04:01 AM
While a lot of what you said is true, Love is a huge Lakers fan and it is his dream to play for them. I know the Lakers are down now, but by the time Love is a free agent, which he will be no matter what in 2015, the Lakers could look a lot more appealing.

That's not exactly true... He tells sota he wants out few teams trade for him unless he re-ups. If they don't wanna lose him for nothing they deal him where he wants to go (he signs extension) or they lose him for nothing. Now if he does wanna go to la then he just plays out his deal and signs there but it's not a done deal like some on here have stated. Even of he plays out his deal nothing is a lock until he signs on the line.

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 04:04 AM
That's not exactly true... He tells sota he wants out few teams trade for him unless he re-ups. If they don't wanna lose him for nothing they deal him where he wants to go (he signs extension) or they lose him for nothing. Now if he does wanna go to la then he just plays out his deal and signs there but it's not a done deal like some on here have stated. Even of he plays out his deal nothing is a lock until he signs on the line.

He stands to make more money by being a free agent. Even if he is miraculously traded to the Lakers he will become a free agent.

PraiseJesus
02-03-2014, 04:08 AM
Gasol should have received the finals MVP one of the two years as well. But that was a while ago. And while he's playing well at the moment his form and heart/head being in the game have been in question the last two years. For reasons we all understand but still goes through fazes. It's not the media I've watched him play some uninspired games for stretches of the season. The last couple years. Let's not forget that there is no guarantee that he stays there. The lakers are not gonna get a better offer than an expiring that is mostly paid for by insurance and a late first rounder for someone that will potentially leave whatever team trades for him. Then there's how he fits their style. They play with a stretch 4 and a defender at the 5 to protect the rim. Gasol can't play the 4 anymore and needs to be at 5. If he plays at the 5 their defense goes to hell. They'd need to adjust how they play of they deal for him and there's no way to tell how that effects their team chemistry. Lakers are not gonna get some massive haul for gasol and are foolish if they think they will. Much more goes into a deal than just how good a player is or isn't. An expiring and a late pick is most likely the best offer they get and they'd be foolish not to take it. With him they can't drop low enough to get a top 3 pick and there's not a chance in hell he returns there after how often they try to move him, scapegoat him and so on. And your tripping if you think gasol to the suns makes them a WCF team or more.

I was only suggesting Pau for expiring and a 1st rounder...

As I said in the OG post, Paus role in the Lakers offense was reduced to feature Bynum when Mike Brown was the coach. Thats why his #s were reduced. Dantoni is just a fast talking hillbilly who would expect him to understand Paus abilities.

You are doing exactly most ESPN and Nike puppets are ordered to do and that is undervalue one of the most skilled big men in the game.

We can agree to disagree here.

But lets agree to revisit this after Pau finally gets his chance to showcase his skills like he did in Memphis, the 2010-2012 Lakers, and Spains Olympic team

TrueFan420
02-03-2014, 04:14 AM
He stands to make more money by being a free agent. Even if he is miraculously traded to the Lakers he will become a free agent.
Um I'm pretty sure he stands make more money by signing an extension from the team that owns his rights than by signing as a free agent.

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 04:18 AM
Um I'm pretty sure he stands make more money by signing an extension from the team that owns his rights than by signing as a free agent.

He would hit free agency and then re-sign with the team that owns his bird rights, but nonetheless he would hit free agency before re-signing.

TrueFan420
02-03-2014, 04:19 AM
I was only suggesting Pau for expiring and a 1st rounder...

As I said in the OG post, Paus role in the Lakers offense was reduced to feature Bynum when Mike Brown was the coach. Thats why his #s were reduced. Dantoni is just a fast talking hillbilly who would expect him to understand Paus abilities.

You are doing exactly most ESPN and Nike puppets are ordered to do and that is undervalue one of the most skilled big men in the game.

We can agree to disagree here.

But lets agree to revisit this after Pau finally gets his chance to showcase his skills like he did in Memphis, the 2010-2012 Lakers, and Spains Olympic team
Hard to keep track of who suggested what but fair enough. I don't care about his numbers that's not what I'm judging him solely on that. I've watched him play many games the last couple years where he looks completely uninspired at times. Teams are aware of that and you can blame it on his coaches or them trying to trade him but he played like it and I don't need espn or nike to tell me anything. I know what I see with my own eyes. I'm not saying he isn't a very talented player and won't help them but he doesn't take the suns to the WCF or finals like you suggest.

TrueFan420
02-03-2014, 04:24 AM
He would hit free agency and then re-sign with the team that owns his bird rights, but nonetheless he would hit free agency before re-signing.

Saying he will hit free agency is making implications that would be completely avoid by him forcing a trade and signing an extension to play with the team. Yes he might technically hit free agency but it won't be to test the market it will last all of the one second that it takes to make it official as he would have already signed an extension.

rocky4104
02-03-2014, 04:25 AM

So Suns fans say no way we give up picks for Gasol and LA fans comeback and insist picks should be included - - and only Suns fans are angry and irritated?

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 04:29 AM
Saying he will hit free agency is making implications that would be completely avoid by him forcing a trade and signing an extension to play with the team. Yes he might technically hit free agency but it won't be to test the market it will last all of the one second that it takes to make it official as he would have already signed an extension.

Let's play out the scenario. Let's say MIN does a sign and trade with Love in the 2015 offseason. Love would then decide the team he would go to or else he would not sign the contract. There is absolutely nothing any team could do to prevent Love from deciding to test the free agent market.

PraiseJesus
02-03-2014, 04:34 AM
Hard to keep track of who suggested what but fair enough. I don't care about his numbers that's not what I'm judging him solely on that. I've watched him play many games the last couple years where he looks completely uninspired at times. Teams are aware of that and you can blame it on his coaches or them trying to trade him but he played like it and I don't need espn or nike to tell me anything. I know what I see with my own eyes. I'm not saying he isn't a very talented player and won't help them but he doesn't take the suns to the WCF or finals like you suggest.

In reality

Pau has been discredited, minimized, and criticized over his time with the Lakers FAR more than he ever deserved. Hes been the odd man out at every turn for one reason or another.

Hes been CONSTANTLY the subject of trade rumors and was even traded one time for CP3!!!

Im hard pressed to think of another player in the NBA that would handle that as well as he as.

Seriously man, take a look at it objectively

Pau is the opitamy of class in the NBA and you are , like most other Nike/ESPN puppets, underrating Pau.

Agree to disagree my friend cause thats how I see it

TrueFan420
02-03-2014, 04:35 AM
Let's play out the scenario. Let's say MIN does a sign and trade with Love in the 2015 offseason. Love would then decide the team he would go to or else he would not sign the contract. There is absolutely nothing any team could do to prevent Love from deciding to test the free agent market.

Yea but no team trades the farm for a one year or half year rental. They don't deal for him unless he signs. He won't sign unless its a team he wants to go to and their not being gutted so badly that he doesn't think he can win with them. If he's traded somewhere he will be signing with them. If he wants to test the market he stays with sota till the end of his contract.

TrueFan420
02-03-2014, 04:40 AM
In reality

Pau has been discredited, minimized, and criticized over his time with the Lakers FAR more than he ever deserved. Hes been the odd man out at every turn for one reason or another.

Hes been CONSTANTLY the subject of trade rumors and was even traded one time for CP3!!!

Im hard pressed to think of another player in the NBA that would handle that as well as he as.

Seriously man, take a look at it objectively

Pau is the opitamy of class in the NBA and you are , like most other Nike/ESPN puppets, underrating Pau.

Agree to disagree my friend cause thats how I see it

Yea you insinuating that I'm a puppet or like the espn/nike puppets cause I disagree with you is absurd. In fact I actually agree with you on just about everything. I value Pau exactly where he should be valued. A very skilled player that is at the tail end of his career. He puts up good numbers but isn't the player he once was and while he would help them he isn't taking the suns to the WCF or finals.

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 04:47 AM
Yea but no team trades the farm for a one year or half year rental. They don't deal for him unless he signs. He won't sign unless its a team he wants to go to and their not being gutted so badly that he doesn't think he can win with them. If he's traded somewhere he will be signing with them. If he wants to test the market he stays with sota till the end of his contract.

If Love gets traded before his contract expires he doesn't have a choice where he goes.

If PHX were to trade Okafor + 4 1st round draft picks (hypothetically, just for argument's sake), why WOULDN'T they risk it?... Even though there is a chance he may not re-sign.

TrueFan420
02-03-2014, 04:54 AM
If Love gets traded before his contract expires he doesn't have a choice where he goes.

If PHX were to trade Okafor + 4 1st round draft picks (hypothetically, just for argument's sake), why WOULDN'T they risk it?... Even though there is a chance he may not re-sign.
Why wouldn't they cause if they do and he walks at the end of the year they're setting themselves back massively. If love gets trade before his contract ends he will have say where he goes because no team wants to give up a boat lead with zero insurance he stays. Look at the whole melo situation he had a short list of teams and they sent him to where he wanted. Look at Dwight getting traded somewhere he didn't want to be he left teams won't give sota much without insurance. Now if they lower their asking price that changes a lot of things. But doubt it. He either says where he wants to go and he gets help going to one of those teams and extends or he walks.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-03-2014, 04:55 AM
So Suns fans say no way we give up picks for Gasol and LA fans comeback and insist picks should be included - - and only Suns fans are angry and irritated?

lol no way we are giving up a 20/10 player for a guy who hasnt even played this season.

there has to be a pick involved.

Gasol in the right system is scary, too bad we have Mike D over here

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 04:59 AM
Why wouldn't they cause if they do and he walks at the end of the year they're setting themselves back massively. If love gets trade before his contract ends he will have say where he goes because no team wants to give up a boat lead with zero insurance he stays. Look at the whole melo situation he had a short list of teams and they sent him to where he wanted. Look at Dwight getting traded somewhere he didn't want to be he left teams won't give sota much without insurance. Now if they lower their asking price that changes a lot of things. But doubt it. He either says where he wants to go and he gets help going to one of those teams and extends or he walks.

He will not extend his contract. That's what you aren't getting. He will go to free agency and then re-sign.

TrueFan420
02-03-2014, 05:00 AM
lol no way we are giving up a 20/10 player for a guy who hasnt even played this season.

I think most are fine giving up a first just not two or one and a twin or pj tucker. Yes gasol still has something left to offer but he is essentially a half year rental your offers set gonna be limited. La would be foolish not to take an expiring and Indiana's first for him. Not moving him keeps you out of top three pick range as well.

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 05:01 AM

A dream scenario would be to just get our pick back.

Pau for Okafor and the 2015 pick we owe from the Nash Raping.

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 05:02 AM
I think most are fine giving up a first just not two or one and a twin or pj tucker. Yes gasol still has something left to offer but he is essentially a half year rental your offers set gonna be limited. La would be foolish not to take an expiring and Indiana's first for him. Not moving him keeps you out of top three pick range as well.

Anyone saying the Lakers will get a Morris twin is kidding themselves. Lakers will get Okafor + one 1st round pick MAX.

TrueFan420
02-03-2014, 05:07 AM
He will not extend his contract. That's what you aren't getting. He will go to free agency and then re-sign.
If they want to get value for him they will trade him to a team that he wants. If he gets them to trade him to the team he wants he will extend his deal there other wise no team will give up much for him on the chance that he could walk. Think of melo to NYK.

TrueFan420
02-03-2014, 05:08 AM
A dream scenario would be to just get our pick back.

Pau for Okafor and the 2015 pick we owe from the Nash Raping.

They won't give that pick up tho. Most likely Indy or their pick will be sent back.

PraiseJesus
02-03-2014, 05:11 AM
They won't give that pick up tho. Most likely Indy or their pick will be sent back.

Na. That Indy pick is pretty awful.

Im sure the lakers want one of thier top 2 picks at least

TrueFan420
02-03-2014, 05:14 AM
Na. That Indy pick is pretty awful.

Im sure the lakers want one of thier top 2 picks at least

Wanting and getting are two very different things.

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 05:23 AM

Your sig shows that you want Pau gone and your post says you want a king's ransom for him....

You realize that only reason LAL is trading Pau is to save money right? It's not like their trying to trade him so they can cash in on some big assets. Pau is a 4 month rental. Ask Billy King if trading for rentals worked out so well with a Gerald Wallace. Or ask the Bucks if it was worth trading Tobias Harris for 4 month rental of JJ Reddick.

Isn't it kinda funny how the Lakers are the team now that's looking to save money while the Suns are the spenders? :laugh:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-03-2014, 05:37 AM
Your sig shows that you want Pau gone and your post says you want a king's ransom for him....

You realize that only reason LAL is trading Pau is to save money right? It's not like their trying to trade him so they can cash in on some big assets. Pau is a 4 month rental. Ask Billy King if trading for rentals worked out so well with a Gerald Wallace. Or ask the Bucks if it was worth trading Tobias Harris for 4 month rental of JJ Reddick.

Isn't it kinda funny how the Lakers are the team now that's looking to save money while the Suns are the spenders? :laugh:

um nooo, then he would of gone already

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-03-2014, 05:41 AM

That's the thing, the Lakers aren't looking to save money. If they were Pau would have been traded for Bynum who would have saved them way more money. We don't know what is being offered but, what we do know is that if the Suns think that the chance for the Lakers to save some pennies will be enough to part with Gasol, no deal will be done. That fact has already been established.

P&GRealist
02-03-2014, 06:36 AM

We'll see how much of spenders you guys are when u need to keep Dragic...and resign restricted FA Bledsoe, and re-sign both Morris bros in 2 yrs...and re-sign Gerald green, and resign all ur rookies for more lucrative offers once their rookie deals are up. LOL, that will be a funny sight to see you guys trying to keep even half those guys under the new strict CBA and still trying to be relevant in the big boy Western Conference.

Duncan = Donkey
02-03-2014, 06:46 AM
We'll see how much of spenders you guys are when u need to keep Dragic...and resign restricted FA Bledsoe, and re-sign both Morris bros in 2 yrs...and re-sign Gerald green, and resign all ur rookies for more lucrative offers once their rookie deals are up. LOL, that will be a funny sight to see you guys trying to keep even half those guys under the new strict CBA and still trying to be relevant in the big boy Western Conference.

We dont have to re-sign all of them:laugh2:. Alot of things will happen in a 2 year period,FA signings, trades and the draft. Who knows who will be on this roster in 2 years.

rocky4104
02-03-2014, 06:58 AM

Oh no argument from me sir! Of course you want the best deal possible for your team, and so are we. My comment was for the poster who singled out Suns fans as the only 'angry ones', after all the back and forth from both sides.

kobe4thewinbang
02-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Hey, Gasol doesn't play defense so he's perfect for Phoenix.

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 10:28 AM
um nooo, then he would of gone already

That's the thing, the Lakers aren't looking to save money. If they were Pau would have been traded for Bynum who would have saved them way more money. We don't know what is being offered but, what we do know is that if the Suns think that the chance for the Lakers to save some pennies will be enough to part with Gasol, no deal will be done. That fact has already been established.

That's why I don't think a deal will be completed. Unless maybe LAL changes their mind now (compared to before with CLE) and decided on trading Pau instead of paying him all that money.

Or maybe they will do it but just for the Pacers 30th pick in the draft (which I'm fine with giving up, not anything more though).

I wanna know what the Suns plan with Gasol would be if they acquire him. Resign him in the summer for the fat contract he's gonna demand or just use him til then and let him walk? With Bledsoe's payday coming up, paying Pau will be impossible. Especially with other contracts coming up as well in the future.

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 10:35 AM

Lol "resign Gerald Green and the Morris bros" you do realize that their all gonna pay cuts to remain in PHX right? Hornacek revived their sorry careers and developed them into good players. Marcus Morris was a bench warmer before coming to PHX who nobody wanted and Gerald green was a cast off from like 7 different teams again nobody wanted. Kieff was pretty bad too and many Suns fans wanted him gone before the season.

Why would they leave PHX? Green isn't looking for a paycheck, he's already played for many teams and earned plenty. He knows if he leaves PHX, he's gonna probably suck for another coach again. The Morris twins wanna remain together forever so knowing that their gonna take paycuts cause otherwise they will be threats to be traded due to have big contracts.

The only current players that are gonna cash in big $$$ is Dragic & Bledsoe. And Suns have PLENTY, lemme repeat PLENTY of cap space going forward to pay them both PLUS give out another max contract.

2-ONE-5
02-03-2014, 11:22 AM
whens the last time a player said they didnt want to play for their hometown team?

2-ONE-5
02-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Lol "resign Gerald Green and the Morris bros" you do realize that their all gonna pay cuts to remain in PHX right? Hornacek revived their sorry careers and developed them into good players. Marcus Morris was a bench warmer before coming to PHX who nobody wanted and Gerald green was a cast off from like 7 different teams again nobody wanted. Kieff was pretty bad too and many Suns fans wanted him gone before the season.

Why would they leave PHX? Green isn't looking for a paycheck, he's already played for many teams and earned plenty. He knows if he leaves PHX, he's gonna probably suck for another coach again. The Morris twins wanna remain together forever so knowing that their gonna take paycuts cause otherwise they will be threats to be traded due to have big contracts.

The only current players that are gonna cash in big $$$ is Dragic & Bledsoe. And Suns have PLENTY, lemme repeat PLENTY of cap space going forward to pay them both PLUS give out another max contract.

no, no they will not. they will not turn down better offers when it comes down to it and if you honestly beleive this current core is a championship core you need to take the blinders off. these are the type of player a team uses to improve the roster and try to become a championship team

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 11:47 AM
no, no they will not. they will not turn down better offers when it comes down to it and if you honestly beleive this current core is a championship core you need to take the blinders off. these are the type of player a team uses to improve the roster and try to become a championship team

Who the hell said this is a championship "core"?

And btw are you ready for that sexy sig I have for you? Still remember our bet right about the Suns making playoffs? :D

I was thinking about you when we swept the Pacers.

2-ONE-5
02-03-2014, 12:01 PM
not making the playoffs im not the least bit convinced. Why else would you keep this core together without championship aspirations?

tippa irie
02-03-2014, 12:43 PM
This is the Nba not Nfl. Draft picks are not that valuable when trying to win rings. When the Lakers, Celtics, Heat built their dynasties it is without first or high first round picks. When your team is a playoff contender championship teams use their draft picks to put them over the top. Gasol is still a 20 and10 player. Suns would be lucky to acquire him and for what a couple picks? Holding draft picks is what will hold the suns up from ever winning a ring. Look how the best franchises do it!

king4day
02-03-2014, 12:49 PM
Bass and Green for Okafor and a pick. Thoughts?
Suns fans discussed ideas like this one. While not a bad deal, I think we’re looking to aim higher in terms of our future long term SF.

The goal of the trade is for cap relief for LA. Frye would defeat the purpose. We’d have to spin him elsewhere if that were the case.

THE MTL isn't a Suns fan; he's a neutral fan in this topic...
Beat me to it

It would make more financial sense for the Suns to hope Chicago amnesties him this summer and simply claim him.

This is a bit of an oxymoron. The Suns won’t win a title but are presently a playoff contender. Staying on LA would mean he’s not on a contender.

If this is the article you are referring to, it doesn’t mention anywhere that we’re willing to give up a first rounder in this potential deal. Was it somewhere else? Serious question because if so, I’d like to ask the Suns beat writers about it on twitter since it wasn’t mentioned yet.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10392533/phoenix-suns-explore-deal-los-angeles-lakers-pau-gasol

This is a bit of a misconception. He spends but he spends poorly (Warrick, Childress). His issue was back when we traded Kurt Thomas’ last year of his contract AND 2 first rounders to Seattle. He’s changed since then and is trusting the front office to make the right moves. He’s said that if it means winning, he’s willing to spend.

bleedprple&gold
02-03-2014, 12:58 PM
This is the Nba not Nfl. Draft picks are not that valuable when trying to win rings. When the Lakers, Celtics, Heat built their dynasties it is without first or high first round picks. When your team is a playoff contender championship teams use their draft picks to put them over the top. Gasol is still a 20 and10 player. Suns would be lucky to acquire him and for what a couple picks? Holding draft picks is what will hold the suns up from ever winning a ring. Look how the best franchises do it!

Those teams didn't use draft picks to help build their championship contenders?? What about these players?:

Lakers - Magic Johnson, James Worthy, Kobe Bryant
Celtics - Larry Bird
Heat - Dwayne Wade

And some of the contenders this year:

Thunder - Durant, Westbrook
Pacers - George, Hibbert
Blazers - Aldridge, Lillard
Spurs - Duncan, Parker

These are just a few examples. There's many more. Draft picks are VERY valuable for building championship teams.

tippa irie
02-03-2014, 01:05 PM

Saving money? You are so far from how Lakers operate. They just got a multi billion dollar contract. They have NEVER been afraid of the luxury tax!! The lakers can pay the luxury tax ten times over and still profit on merchandise. He'll they just over paid to keep Kobe two more years knowing money comes back ten fold!! Um we are not the suns, money is never a concern and the Buss family has never been cheap. I'm with laker fans who say **{k the suns don't give them pau let them stay a ring less franchise!!!

Heediot
02-03-2014, 01:15 PM
Way too much for an aging declining expiring contract player.

Okafor and a 2nd rounder IMO because you are saving the Lakers money from luxury taxes.

tippa irie
02-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Those teams didn't use draft picks to help build their championship contenders?? What about these players?:

Celtics - Larry Bird
Heat - Dwayne Wade

Pacers - George, Hibbert
Spurs - Duncan, Parker

These are just a few examples. There's many more. Draft picks are VERY valuable for building championship teams.
Thunder, pacers, blazers have won nothing! Lakers traded diva for Kobe and made trades to acquire worthy and Johnson picks. Lakers did not draft Kareem, macadoo, Wilkes, Thompson the important role players who ultimately led to the dynasty!! What about Shaquille, fox, Horry, shaw, rice ritchmond, Gasol, odom, artest. My list will be a lot longer than yours!! Yea you can hit on a draft pick gain a super star but after that building through the draft does not work!! Name one team with multiple first round picks in the same year that hit and went on to win?
Wade would never of won if it weren't for trading draft picks to get Shaquille, Lebrun, and bosh!!! I never mentioned spurs they are the only exception.

king4day
02-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Howard wanted to be a Net. Apparently said he wouldn’t re-sign with Houston, yet ended up there. I’m sure if LA had a great year last season he might have stayed but players want to go where there will be success. Love isn’t from LA so outside of college and maybe it being his favorite team, there’s really no reason to believe it’s a forgone conclusion he’ll end up there.

If all of these players are worth big extensions, then it only means we have a massive amount of trade chips that other teams will really want. Fortunately Green and the Morris twins are both signed cheap through next season. So we have time to worry about that when we get there.

Hey, Gasol doesn't play defense so he's perfect for Phoenix.
You must think D’Antoni still coaches this team. The Suns are a very good defensive team this season and it’s a big reason we’ve knocked off many top teams this year.

Saving money? You are so far from how Lakers operate. They just got a multi billion dollar contract. They have NEVER been afraid of the luxury tax!! The lakers can pay the luxury tax ten times over and still profit on merchandise. He'll they just over paid to keep Kobe two more years knowing money comes back ten fold!! Um we are not the suns, money is never a concern and the Buss family has never been cheap. I'm with laker fans who say **{k the suns don't give them pau let them stay a ring less franchise!!!
Pau isn’t the difference between winning a ring. Our GM NOT offering assets that some LAL fans want from us is what will lead us back to elite status down the road. Not bad trades.

Also, and I could be wrong, but isn’t there a repeater tax in the NBA for teams who are over the tax multiple years in a row? I know it’s like that in baseball. That would be a big reason to get under the cap. Especially while they aren’t trying to compete.

Stunner
02-03-2014, 02:17 PM
While your position may make sense, there is a piece that you are missing.

A 1st round draft pick is a guaranteed contract. The Suns basically have 11 players under contract for next season assuming they pick up Frye and Bledsoe. That 11 does not including PJ Tucker and Barbosa, both of whom I would think that the Suns may want to bring back.

SO there is not room for 4 additional guaranteed contracts. Moving at least one or likely two picks is necessary.

The average age of the roster of guys who actually play is 25. Does a team like that need 3-4 twenty year old players? Seems that a vet or two is what is needed more than additional mid to late draft picks.

The Thought that Gasol would not fit into the Suns style is insane. He would instantly be the best big man on the Suns, and would not destroy chemistry. That's not who he is or how he plays. He spaces the floor as a big man, passes VERY well and is a conformist.

Lets not get carried away and think that these draft picks are all Super Stars in waiting. there will not be 30 all start coming from this draft. There will be many busts, many role players and a few stars that will most likely be drafted well before any of these potential picks come up.

Lets also not act like the Suns can't trade a pick because they are the most valuable things in the world. The Suns GOT the Wizards pick in this draft by trading Gortat for Okafor. If Gortat is worth that draft pick, Gasol certainly is as well.

Everyone has a home team slant to how they view all of this but lets think about the logic here.

Does anyone really think LA is desperate to save a few bucks and is willing to dump Gasol purely to save money? Heck no! If the sales pitch to the Lakers is cash.... this will NEVER happen.

The Cavs already played this game with the Lakers. No asset, no trade.

There is no way the Pacers pick gets it done. That pick is of little to no value. An early second round pick is worth more than they pick because its basically the same caliber of player but being a couple picks later it is no longer a guaranteed contract and give LA flexibility in the free agent market this summer.

If this happens it will not include any players other than Gasol and Okafor at all.... and will have to include one of the mid 1st round 2014 picks or the Lakers pick in 2015. I would MUCH rather it be a 2014 pick but we will see.

Saw this in the Lakers forum , nice post.

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 02:56 PM
That's why I don't think a deal will be completed. Unless maybe LAL changes their mind now (compared to before with CLE) and decided on trading Pau instead of paying him all that money.

Or maybe they will do it but just for the Pacers 30th pick in the draft (which I'm fine with giving up, not anything more though).

I wanna know what the Suns plan with Gasol would be if they acquire him. Resign him in the summer for the fat contract he's gonna demand or just use him til then and let him walk? With Bledsoe's payday coming up, paying Pau will be impossible. Especially with other contracts coming up as well in the future.

I would guess Pau's value on the open market would be $8-10M a year.

futureman
02-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Kobe and Nash will never allow the trade. The Lakers can't tank as long as they are on the team.

hovyboo
02-03-2014, 03:32 PM
I would guess Pau's value on the open market would be $8-10M a year.

Knicks need to swoop in here:

Chandler Shump and Udrih for Okafor and Len and IND 1st

Or

Chandler Shump and Udrih for Dragic And Okafor and PHX 2nd

bleedprple&gold
02-03-2014, 04:20 PM

Celtics - Larry Bird
Heat - Dwayne Wade

Pacers - George, Hibbert
Spurs - Duncan, Parker

Thunder, pacers, blazers have won nothing! Lakers traded diva for Kobe and made trades to acquire worthy and Johnson picks. Lakers did not draft Kareem, macadoo, Wilkes, Thompson the important role players who ultimately led to the dynasty!! What about Shaquille, fox, Horry, shaw, rice ritchmond, Gasol, odom, artest. My list will be a lot longer than yours!! Yea you can hit on a draft pick gain a super star but after that building through the draft does not work!! Name one team with multiple first round picks in the same year that hit and went on to win?
Wade would never of won if it weren't for trading draft picks to get Shaquille, Lebrun, and bosh!!! I never mentioned spurs they are the only exception.

You cant discount picks acquired through trade. That still counts as building through the draft. Then you go on to say no team has ever hit on multiple picks in draft. Well even if they did apparently you wouldn't count it because those picks wold have to be acquired through trade. And I was talking about over multiple years anyway. OKC came close with Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden. It's usually a combination of draft and free agency to build a championship team so the draft is a very important piece of the puzzle and often the easiest way to get a superstar (especially for small markets teams).

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Howard wanted to be a Net. Apparently said he wouldn’t re-sign with Houston, yet ended up there. I’m sure if LA had a great year last season he might have stayed but players want to go where there will be success. Love isn’t from LA so outside of college and maybe it being his favorite team, there’s really no reason to believe it’s a forgone conclusion he’ll end up there.

Kevin Love was born in Los Angeles. His father played for the Lakers and he was raised a Laker fan. He comes back to LA every chance he gets. The conclusion that Love is going to end up with the Lakers derives from the constant reports stating that GMs say its a 100% certainty that Love will end up with the Lakers.

You must think D’Antoni still coaches this team. The Suns are a very good defensive team this season and it’s a big reason we’ve knocked off many top teams this year.

Pau isn’t the difference between winning a ring. Our GM NOT offering assets that some LAL fans want from us is what will lead us back to elite status down the road. Not bad trades.

A great reason to acquire Pau. Pau is not a defensive player, but he is not as bad as LA's awful defense makes him look. Surround Pau with a good defensive core and he will become a top player on your team. Not to mention, the Suns medical staff could probably extend his career.

Regardless of what the Lakers would get back in the trade, it would be nice to see Pau go to a good up and coming team like PHX. Pau is the ultimate team player and you guys should be very happy to have a player like that.

Also, and I could be wrong, but isn’t there a repeater tax in the NBA for teams who are over the tax multiple years in a row? I know it’s like that in baseball. That would be a big reason to get under the cap. Especially while they aren’t trying to compete.

LA has other ways to avoid the repeater tax, Such as Kaman's $3M expiring and Steve Blake's $4M expiring. But, we also have Kobe (huge marketable asset) and a huge TV deal for the next 20 years to keep us afloat financially.

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 04:22 PM
whens the last time a player said they didnt want to play for their hometown team?

How often does a player end up playing for their hometown team? Melo is about the only star player that has done it in the past decade or so.

2-ONE-5
02-03-2014, 04:41 PM
agreed and someone told me before he grew up in like Balitmore or somewhere anyway. Of course a player wold like to play for hs hometown who wouldnt?

jerellh528
02-03-2014, 04:50 PM
How often does a player end up playing for their hometown team? Melo is about the only star player that has done it in the past decade or so.

Swaggy p just took a pay cut to come to la

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 04:56 PM
When the Suns traded Shaq to Cleveland, all they got in return was Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavalovic and a 2nd rd pick.

And Shaq was coming off an All Star season AND actually had one more year under contract.

Pau isn't coming off an All Star season and is a 4 month rental so why would Pau cost more to get than the Cavs gave up Shaq?

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 05:00 PM
When the Suns traded Shaq to Cleveland, all they got in return was Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavalovic and a 2nd rd pick.

And Shaq was coming off an All Star season AND actually had one more year under contract.

Pau isn't coming off an All Star season and is a 4 month rental so why would Pau cost more to get than the Cavs gave up Shaq?

Gortat was traded, along with Shannon Brown (waived), Malcolm Lee (waived), and Kendall Marshall (waived), to the Washington Wizards in exchange for Emeka Okafor and a 2014 protected first-round draft pick.

PraiseJesus
02-03-2014, 05:02 PM
I slept on this and ive changed my tune a bit

The Lakers have very little leverage in this situation.

The Suns know that we have to trade Pau and have no intentions on resigning him. That lowers his value quite a bit.

If a deal gets done here, its not going to be what us Lakers fans wanted

P&GRealist
02-03-2014, 05:02 PM

Good point, never thought of that. You win this debate.

mdm692
02-03-2014, 05:16 PM
I slept on this and ive changed my tune a bit

The Lakers have very little leverage in this situation.

The Suns know that we have to trade Pau and have no intentions on resigning him. That lowers his value quite a bit.

If a deal gets done here, its not going to be what us Lakers fans wanted
This.

numba1CHANGsta
02-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Gasol for 2 1st round picks

Bishnoff
02-03-2014, 05:32 PM
You cant discount picks acquired through trade. That still counts as building through the draft. Then you go on to say no team has ever hit on multiple picks in draft. Well even if they did apparently you wouldn't count it because those picks wold have to be acquired through trade. And I was talking about over multiple years anyway. OKC came close with Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden. It's usually a combination of draft and free agency to build a championship team so the draft is a very important piece of the puzzle and often the easiest way to get a superstar (especially for small markets teams).

This. I'm sick of people thinking that trading picks for established players isn't building through the draft. The great thing about having desirable picks is that you have a number of options: keep the picks and develop the players you select, trade the picks for established players, or a combination of the two. Which ever option a franchise chooses, it's still building through the draft and 90% of the championship teams over the last 30 years have used this model.

Bishnoff
02-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Gasol for 2 1st round picks

Pretty sure the numbers won't work lol.

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Pretty sure the numbers won't work lol.

C'mon, cut him some slack. It's such a well thought out post ;)

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 1m
Main reason Lakers + Suns haven't agreed on Gasol trade: Lakers want better draft pick than Suns' current position (17th overall).

2-ONE-5
02-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Swaggy p just took a pay cut to come to la

bcuz no one was offering him a contract

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Gortat was traded, along with Shannon Brown (waived), Malcolm Lee (waived), and Kendall Marshall (waived), to the Washington Wizards in exchange for Emeka Okafor and a 2014 protected first-round draft pick.

Gortat was traded before the season began and he's a 29 year old C that brings some much needed defensive toughness. Gortat is also very much still in his prime.

STAT32
02-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 1m
Main reason Lakers + Suns haven't agreed on Gasol trade: Lakers want better draft pick than Suns' current position (17th overall).

That's implying that Phoenix actually offered LAL our own 2014 pick? Yea, I don't buy that for a minute...

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Gortat was traded before the season began and he's a 29 year old C that brings some much needed defensive toughness. Gortat is also very much still in his prime.

Obviously, what matters to the Suns right now is competing in the playoffs. Your GM has done a fantastic job with the Suns and Pau is better than Gortat when looking at their games a whole -- Both this season and for the next couple years (barring major injury of course).

Pau is a player that relies upon technical skills and not athleticism. I can't see him falling off much from 33-35 and the championship experience and leadership he brings to the Suns will be invaluable, especially for your young bigs.

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Pau is better than Gortat when looking at their games a whole -- Both this season and for the next couple years (barring major injury of course).

Pau is a player that relies upon technical skills and not athleticism. I can't see him falling off much from 33-35 and the championship experience and leadership he brings to the Suns will be invaluable, especially for your young bigs.
If this were all true then why didn't the Wizards trade for Pau instead of trading for Gortat? Lakers would have likely taken Okafor's expiring and lotto protected 1st round pick in return for Pau right?

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 07:10 PM
If this were all true then why didn't the Wizards trade for Pau instead of trading for Gortat? Lakers would have likely taken Okafor's expiring and lotto protected 1st round pick in return for Pau right?

Lakers hadn't decided to go full out tank until Kobe got injured for a second time and all our PGs got injured. Believe it or not, our team tried to be competitive at the beginning of the season.

Triple_Ocho
02-03-2014, 07:19 PM
That's implying that Phoenix actually offered LAL our own 2014 pick? Yea, I don't buy that for a minute...

They don't have the LAL 2014 pick... Bresnahan was referring to the Suns 17th overall pick...

JWorthy42
02-03-2014, 07:25 PM
If the Lakers want more than Okafor and the Suns' pick, then we are just being dumb and greedy.

We're not gonna get anything better than that.

king4day
02-03-2014, 07:33 PM
They don't have the LAL 2014 pick... Bresnahan was referring to the Suns 17th overall pick...

That's what he was saying.

I find it difficult to believe we'd give up what is likely to be a pick in the late teens / early 20's for Gasol. That would be McDonough's first mistake and it would be a serious one imo.

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 4m
League source not w/ Lakers or Phoenix skeptical Suns trade 1st round pick for Gasol, esp. w/ no assurances he would return next year

JWorthy42
02-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 4m
League source not w/ Lakers or Phoenix skeptical Suns trade 1st round pick for Gasol, esp. w/ no assurances he would return next year

Something we all already know. These reporters man.

Stunner
02-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Doubt Gasol gets moved , Phx might as well start looking at other options .

ewmania
02-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Doubt it's BS because earlier this week their was a report of the Cats and Suns being buyers this deadline to improve their playoff chance . Gasol on the Suns would be a very good move and if the Lakers get a 1st this year with an expiring it's good for them too .

love your sig bro
roman reigns is the future of the WWE

Sssmush
02-03-2014, 08:29 PM
If the Lakers want more than Okafor and the Suns' pick, then we are just being dumb and greedy.

We're not gonna get anything better than that.

We should see if they're open to getting Steve Nash back as well. Sign Pau to a reasonable extension before the trade, package with Nash, take back Okafor and a pick, along with some kind of defender or future 2nd rounders + trade exception

jsthornton7
02-03-2014, 08:32 PM
We should see if they're open to getting Steve Nash back as well. Sign Pau to a reasonable extension before the trade, package with Nash, take back Okafor and a pick, along with some kind of defender or future 2nd rounders + trade exception

Nobody wants Nash... Suns fans don't even want give up a 1st for Pau and want to do Okafor for Pau straight up. People complain that Laker fans are delusional. What you wrote above is why.

Stunner
02-03-2014, 08:39 PM
love your sig bro
roman reigns is the future of the WWE

Lol thanks , he just needs to work on his mic skills some more and add more moves to list .

P&GRealist
02-04-2014, 12:18 AM
If it's Okafor and the 17th pick in the draft for Gasol, just do it already. Pull the trigger dammit!

Shortys4711
02-04-2014, 12:52 AM
If it's Okafor and the 17th pick in the draft for Gasol, just do it already. Pull the trigger dammit! No thanks, gasol is not going to make us win a chip. Not losing a draft pick for 4 months of gasol. What would be the point. Plain and simple.

lpdunks8
02-04-2014, 12:57 AM

...because Pau makes $12M more than Gortat.That trade would not have been allowed.

With respect to which player is better; it's easily Pau. He is 1 of 8 players in the league averaging a double double, and his 19.1 PER outpaces Gortat's 16.

Bishnoff
02-04-2014, 01:16 AM
...because Pau makes $12M more than Gortat.That trade would not have been allowed.

With respect to which player is better; it's easily Pau. He is 1 of 8 players in the league averaging a double double, and his 19.1 PER outpaces Gortat's 16.

sunsfan88 meant why didn't the Wizards trade Okafor for Gasol before the season, which is the exact same trade (albeit different teams) that's currently being discussed.

Trueblue2
02-04-2014, 01:26 AM
?

sunsfan88
02-04-2014, 01:40 AM
double post.

sunsfan88
02-04-2014, 01:42 AM
John Gambo said today that the Suns brass is looking to acquire Gasol from LAL so that they can push for a deep playoff run this year and then trade him (and picks) to Minny in the summer for Love in a sign and trade.

Suns FO is thinking that the Suns will look very enticing to Love if they make a good playoff run kinda like how the Warriors got Igoudala.

Bishnoff
John Gambo said today that the Suns thinking is to acquire Gasol from the Lakers and use him (plus picks) in a sign and trade this summer to get Love from Minnesota.

Interesting if true.

P&GRealist
No thanks, gasol is not going to make us win a chip. Not losing a draft pick for 4 months of gasol. What would be the point. Plain and simple.

OK, but the ball isn't in your court anymore. The offer is Okafor and the 17th pick. It's the Lakers time to respond. You stay mute.

P&GRealist
02-04-2014, 01:43 AM
John Gambo said today that the Suns brass is looking to acquire Gasol from LAL so that they can push for a deep playoff run this year and then trade him (and picks) to Minny in the summer for Love in a sign and trade.

Suns FO is thinking that Love will want to join the Suns if the Suns show promise and make a good post season run.

Only thing is Kevin Love wants to be a Laker. It's currently the worst kept secret in the league.
Sorry.

sunsfan88
02-04-2014, 01:47 AM
OK, but the ball isn't in your court anymore. The offer is Okafor and the 17th pick. It's the Lakers time to respond. You stay mute.

Lol John Gambo has already said that the Suns won't offer any 1st round picks for Gasol. What part of that do you not understand? Some Laker idiot said that LAL wants 17th pick or doesn't want it and that makes it true? LOL.

Gambo would know more about anything related to the Suns than anyone else in the media world. He was the first to report the Gortat trade (when we acquired him from Orlando), the Nash trade and the Okafor trade.

Bishnoff
02-04-2014, 01:49 AM

Suns FO is thinking that Love will want to join the Suns if the Suns show promise and make a good post season run.

The idea of pairing fellow Spaniards Rubio and Gasol (assuming they are friendly) might have some sway. Even still, if Minny lose Love they'd probably be wise to blow it up and build around Rubio.

sunsfan88
02-04-2014, 01:49 AM
Only thing is Kevin Love wants to be a Laker. It's currently the worst kept secret in the league.
Sorry.

Just like Dwight will resign with LAL right? I remember all your Lakers fans claiming and betting your belongings in the 2012 August that Dwight will for sure resign with the Lakers....you saw how that worked out right?