PDA

View Full Version : If your team had a top 7 pick in this years draft, would you trade it for Kyrie?

TDE
02-02-2014, 05:45 PM
We all have a pretty good idea as to which teams will end up with a top 7 pick in this years draft. do you see any of those teams trying to offer that pick for Kyrie?

Whats the lowest numbered pick you'd be willing to give up for him? Do you think the Cavs would trade Kyrie for a top 7 lottery pick?

Bishnoff
02-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Of course. I'd definitely trade 3rd overall pick for him, and maybe even #1 or #2 (depending on who elects).

I doubt the Cavs would trade Kyrie for just a pick in this year's draft, even #1 (unless Kyrie demands a trade).

True Sports Fan
02-02-2014, 05:54 PM
As the kings, probably so if I know he'll resign.

Kryie
McLemore
Gay
Landry
Cousins

Sixth man: Isaiah Thomas

TDE
02-02-2014, 06:28 PM
I would say no if I had a top 3 pick. But would trade for him for a 4-6 pick.

JEDean89
02-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Kyrie for Embiid, Wiggins or Parker sounds a little crazy.

RipCity32
02-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Hes a bit overrated but yes.

DreamShaker
02-02-2014, 07:03 PM
3-7 depending on need.

ACanadian
02-02-2014, 07:36 PM
No, Kyrie's ceiling is not the large compared to Embiied, Parker, or Wiggins. I would trade a 4-7 pick if one of those three were not available.

Stunner
02-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Nope , injury prone , no defense , hasn't really improved this year , a bit of a ball hog and hasn't shown to be much of a playmaker . So far he just looks like a good volume guard .

hotdalton18
02-02-2014, 07:55 PM
You'd have to give me a top 3 pick plus more

For kyrie

Duncan = Donkey
02-02-2014, 08:47 PM
No we have Dragic and Bledsoe

lol, please
02-02-2014, 08:49 PM
pick > kyrie

NBA_Starter
02-02-2014, 09:17 PM
I love the guy but no way in hades!

Avenged
02-03-2014, 01:09 AM
Never.

tbone2171
02-03-2014, 01:28 AM
Is this years draft really that good?

John Walls Era
02-03-2014, 02:53 AM
Nope , injury prone , no defense , hasn't really improved this year , a bit of a ball hog and hadn't shown to be much of a playmaker . So far he just looks like a good volume guard .

I'll probably say the same thing as this.

Maybe anything outside the top 5.

effen5
02-03-2014, 03:25 AM
I would trade Derrick Rose for a top5 pick straight up.

sunsfan88
02-03-2014, 10:57 AM
No Dragic and Bledsoe are better and more team oriented players.

2-ONE-5
02-03-2014, 11:37 AM
no way. there are so many good point guards in the league now and Irving is pretty overrated now

kpjets
02-03-2014, 11:59 AM
hell no

Kaner
02-03-2014, 12:41 PM
definatly not top 3 but for the 4th pick and under it'd be tough not to.

Stunner
02-03-2014, 01:27 PM
I would trade Derrick Rose for a top5 pick straight up.

No

KniCks4LiFe
02-03-2014, 01:56 PM
Yes.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-03-2014, 04:06 PM
If it's picks 4-7 and I need a PG, I'd consider it.

Jenceman
02-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Is this years draft really that good?

Well it's supposed to be. I'd trad elike the number 6 or 7 for him.

naps
02-03-2014, 05:21 PM
No way! Kyrie is overrated!

D-Block21-Chito
02-03-2014, 05:46 PM
I would trade any pick for Kyrie. Kid is 21.....

JasonJohnHorn
02-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Depends on the team. If I was Detroit, yes... but most other teams I'd say no.

JasonJohnHorn
02-04-2014, 12:42 PM
No way! Kyrie is overrated!

I'm inclined to agree. Injury prone, and frankly not the kind of point guard I like.

Stinkyoutsider
02-04-2014, 01:18 PM
If Kyrie is ok with not getting a max extension, then I keep him. I'd trade him if he's looking for a max deal from the team because I would rather live with seeing if a top pick in this draft can carry the club then pay Kyrie max money for a player who could be a very good player on a team competing for titles.

If he understands that he's going to a piece to the puzzle and take less money, I'm keeping him and trying to hit on picks in the next 2 drafts. I think Cavs supporters will look for the club to be a playoff team by then.

ManRam
02-04-2014, 01:22 PM
probably not.

not because i don't think it's worth it (i'd trade picks 3-7 for him in a heartbeat on most teams)...but my team isn't contending any time soon, even with him. the odds he'll stick around and wait for the other young guys to get better is slim. also, he's gonna be wildly more expensive than any of those picks in the short term. it's just not worth it for a team in midst of a rebuild...and on the bottom end of that rebuild to boot.

pg is probably out biggest need going forward and he's a tremendous PG (save your stupid "traditional PG" talk). but it's too early to be making that move for us.

but give me the proven player over an unproven draft pick all day every day

ottograham14
02-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Cavs wouldn't do that at least this offseason even if he says he wants out. You don't trade the Franchise piece of your team where you still have 2 guaranteed years after this year of him on the team for the possibility of a draft pick hitting as those are still unsure prospects no matter how talented they were hyped up to be before the beginning of the season. I mean just look how Embiid has now become the #1 prospect where nobody was talking about him over Parker, Wiggins or Randle before the beginning of this year. Nobody knows yet how these KIDS will work out but the Cavs at least know what they have in KI. Now obviously he can improve greatly on defense, create more flow on offense through him and get back to his shooting percentages he was at in his previous two years without having to think he needs to go HERO ball all the time but you still know what you are getting with him and even if they are having a badly down year he is still their main selling point moving forward where Gilbert still knows this is a business at the end of the day.

If he doesn't sign the max extension that the Cavs are going to be offering him this offseason with it being the first year they can then I would pause for concern but they will still have 2 more years to show him a winning product where like a Lamarcus Aldridge who was requesting a trade from Portland, that is all these prima donna's are looking for.

I expect Waiters and Thompson to be on the move before KI as the Cavs will not get the value they want in return for someone of Kyrie's caliber and a top 3 pick will not even do it. Also interesting that Dan Gilbert has said he will have more influence leading up to the trade deadline this year as he doesn't want Grant making moves trying to save his job that will F up Clevelands future assets.

Waiters, Thompson, Deng, Jack, Varajeo, Zeller, Earl Clark, etc are all names that could be moved at any time for the Cavs but KI is the one player that will be off limits unless a team is offering young pieces and young draft selections and not just 1 draft pick in a class that is looking weaker and weaker as the CBB season progresses. I mean Dante Exum could be the best prospect in this draft class come June.

And unlike Philly who traded an AS Guard last year in Holiday...the Cavs are not trying to tank where just the #6 overall pick will do it. The Cavs are looking to build around KI and not completely blow up the team even though after what I have watched and heard the last couple weeks as a Cavs fan I actually would not be upset with but knowing the FO & Gilbert KI is with this team for the forseeable future.

Lake_Show2416
02-04-2014, 02:30 PM
easily would give up a top 7 pick, Kyrie baring any injuries should be a premier player for years to come

Cleveland has done a horrible job of surrounding him so far

ottograham14
02-04-2014, 03:21 PM
easily would give up a top 7 pick, Kyrie baring any injuries should be a premier player for years to come

Really bad drafting outside of Kyrie recently mixed in with the fact that big time FA's don't want to come to Cleveland. They wanted to follow the model of OKC with getting their big 3 through the draft and started that with Kyrie but then sh$t the bed trying to outsmart the NBA with a role player like Tristan Thompson, a combo guard that can only score SOMETIMES in Dion who has the ego of someone who thinks he is a top 10 player in the league and a "I Don't Know What to Call" Anthony Bennett. It sucks to look back in hindsight to see what they could have had but Chris Grant should be fired on his drafts alone after KI where it seems he wanted to take risk picks in the hope they panned out to make himself look like some genius.

nastynice
02-04-2014, 04:05 PM

coulda called that from a mile away. If they can't build anything decent around lebron, what the hell do you expect them to do with irving? They need a new GM, or at least some type of change in the FO.

ManRam
02-04-2014, 04:38 PM
coulda called that from a mile away. If they can't build anything decent around lebron, what the hell do you expect them to do with irving? They need a new GM, or at least some type of change in the FO.

theoretically it should have been easier around Kyrie. surrounding lebron and surrounding kyrie with talent haven't really involved similar circumstances.

just playing devil's advocate a bit...

the cavs won 35 games the year after they drafted lebron, and that netted them just the 10th overall pick. two years later they had the 25th overall pick, the year after they didn't have ANY draft pick, and obviously by that time the Cavs were contenders so no more draft picks.

however, they won just 21 games the year after signing kyrie, and this slow bounce back actually should have been a good thing. it's like the durant-westbrook-harden thing...where the thunder took a while to get good, so they landed two more very high picks. the cavs didn't get that with lebron, but they did with kyrie. they just blew it, but it should have been easier.

especially considering they also had the #4 overall pick that year. so, after Kyrie was drafted, they've had a 4th overall, a 4th overall, a 24th overall, a 1st overall and a 19th overall...and have arguably busted on all of them.

i don't think their failures to bring in anyone to surround lebron predicted their failures to hit in the draft when given opportunity after opportunity to draft a really good player. they probably blew a shot at bringing in some decent help, but they were mostly screwed by the fact that no one was bending over backwards to go play there alongside lebron. they didn't have these huge draft opportunities either.

they failed in the draft with kyrie, but they failed in FA and on the trade market with lebron. kinda unique failings.

but yeah, NOW, it does certainly look like there's no reason to expect any sort of competence from that ownership/front office.