PDA

View Full Version : KD to DC?

j-bay
02-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Yeah I know there are people here who laugh at this. And I know that OKC will likely give him a big deal for him to stay. However if he does leave, I think he could return home. He mentioned that he loved going to Wizards games and going to MCI and riding on the Metro and that his heart will remain here. He mentioned that he has a lot of friends here. The Wizards will also have Wall and Beal, and if they continue to improve like they have, that might be a good place to go if he does leave OKC.

KniCks4LiFe
02-02-2014, 05:21 PM
shouldn't this be in the trade proposal forum?

Htownballa1622
02-02-2014, 05:27 PM
We could literally make this place about Lakers, Knicks, Rockets, Heat, Spurs.

The only tie is he's from the area.

He's going to make his decision on legacy, winning, and personnel rather than based off of where he's from unless he's a guy like Melo that thinks about only going home.

LAKobeBryant
02-02-2014, 05:30 PM
It's raptors if he's leaving okc.

bholly
02-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Serious question: how many max-level FAs in NBA history have ever 'gone home'? I'm sure there must be some, but none immediately jump out at me.
Expand to soon-to-be-FAs who forced trades home, too.

sep11ie
02-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Melo and TMac come to mind.

bholly
02-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Melo was the one that came to my mind, too, but I really don't know enough about him to know if that's really 'home' or not. Last time I mentioned it being his home on here someone who seemed to know more than me pointed out that Baltimore is really more his home. With guys from the LA, CHI, NYC, etc it's also hard to distinguish between wanting to go home and wanting to go to the same big cities everyone else wants to go to.

TMac is a good one, though. I was relatively young, does someone who was around want to weigh in on the circumstances surrounding that? How much do you think it was because it was home, and how much of it was the situation - capspace, Hill, the TD thing, etc?

TDE
02-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Where ever he feels he can win he will play for.

NBA_Starter
02-02-2014, 09:18 PM
Everybody with money will chase him but I think he will retire with the Thunder.

Raps_93
02-03-2014, 03:13 AM

this.

jaydubb
02-03-2014, 03:17 AM
I think he'll go to Milwaukee

Chrisclover
02-03-2014, 03:28 AM
Everybody with money will chase him but I think he will retire with the Thunder.
KD is incredibly young so anybody who judges where his career ends is super speculative. Paul Pierce wanted to retire a Celtic and it seemed like Ainge wanted to do it too but what happened later was that Ainge sent him to the extravagant Nets to get picks. A GM bears enormous burden, which sometimes force him to do the surprising trades like sending away their marque players
So, i think it is pointless to discuss it right now.

raiderposting
02-03-2014, 04:55 AM
I think he will go to Kabul.

Asik's better
02-03-2014, 05:14 AM
I think the Townsville crocs are a chance

NYSpirit1
02-03-2014, 08:34 AM
Melo was the one that came to my mind, too, but I really don't know enough about him to know if that's really 'home' or not. Last time I mentioned it being his home on here someone who seemed to know more than me pointed out that Baltimore is really more his home. With guys from the LA, CHI, NYC, etc it's also hard to distinguish between wanting to go home and wanting to go to the same big cities everyone else wants to go to.

TMac is a good one, though. I was relatively young, does someone who was around want to weigh in on the circumstances surrounding that? How much do you think it was because it was home, and how much of it was the situation - capspace, Hill, the TD thing, etc?

Melo came home. He lived in NYC until he was 8. I would've considered that to be my real home too if in all my growing years since birth I lived there. He was in Baltimore from 9 to 17.

But anyway, I think it was both with T-Mac. The magic really had such a grand plan at the time to the point Timmy was so close to going there. Plus I think T-Mac wanted out of VC's shadow.

DCSportsIsPain
02-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Players used to go to the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, etc. because of the large markets and the large payrolls. It used to be you went to one of those teams if you wanted a ring before you retired. In case no one noticed, all of those teams are on the down escalator. If it's about money KD35 stays in OKC. They can give him a longer contract and a higher salary. If it's about anything else he goes to the team that looks like it can best compete for multiple championships. As of right now that team isn't the Wizards. Don't get me wrong. I love the Wizards. They've been my team since they were the Baltimore Bullets. The thought of a backcourt of John Wall, Bradley Beal and Kevin Durant is enough to make me hear the Fat Lady tuning up. I just don't see it as being a real option in KD's mind, not even after the demonstration Wall gave him as to why he should come to D.C. The Wiz would have to get serious about having more than a six man rotation for any marquee player to consider going there as a free agent. All things considered, unless he finds out Russell Westbrook is either a) not the same player or b) not staying in OKC I think that's where KD stays for the long haul.

cdnsportsfan
02-03-2014, 12:24 PM

His favourite team growing up, has said before that he wanted to play for the Raps: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kevin-durant-wanted-play-toronto-raptors-kid-222412883--nba.html

And hey, if Toronto keeps building a solid young supporting cast over the next few seasons it might be a great opportunity for KD, and the most realistic destination that can be proposed in this highly unrealistic thread! (honestly, if he ever leaves OKC I will be completely floored!)

LJEATON26
02-03-2014, 02:02 PM
No worries. At 12:01 on the morning he becomes a free agent, Sam presti will be on his door step with a max contract in hand and by 12:15 durant will be tweeting that he's resigned with the thunder.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-03-2014, 04:00 PM
No linkage=closing