PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Raptors

Romo2Bryant
02-02-2014, 02:35 AM
I know they been inconsistent, but do guys give them any chance at beating the Heat or Pacers?

I think they would match-up better against the Pacers.

K. Lowry - G. Hill
T. Ross - L. Stephenson
D. DeRozan - P. George
A. Johnson - D. West
J. Valanciunas - R. Hibbert

Look I'm not saying they would beat the Pacers or Heat, but who knows maybe they'll play with a chip, because everyone keeps on saying Heat vs. Pacers is a lock for the ECF. The Raptors would need add another scorer off the bench. The Washington Wizards is another interesting team.

John Walls Era
02-02-2014, 02:38 AM
They better hope they get some crap team like the Wizards, Nets or Bobcats. Heat and Pacers will murk them, but imo if they meet them in the 2nd round, it would be a good learning experience.

Romo2Bryant
02-02-2014, 02:50 AM
They better hope they get some crap team like the Wizards, Nets or Bobcats. Heat and Pacers will murk them, but imo if they meet them in the 2nd round, it would be a good learning experience.

Agree. This would be the most likely outcome. Well at least the western conference playoffs is going to be exciting.

PacersForLife
02-02-2014, 02:53 AM
I think they could make a series interesting if they were matched up with either team. I could see them being kinda like the Pacers were that first year they played Chicago and challenged them.

Cal827
02-02-2014, 03:22 AM
Yeah, two teams with lots of playoff experience.

We would get thrashed lol... If we got either of the two to 6 games, it would be nice.... Although, I would say that we might have a better shot against Indiana. The teams don't like each other, and we have Psycho T on our side this year :D

I'm actually hoping that we end up with Brooklyn or Washington, cause for some reason, we struggle against pretty much everyone else if we got them in the first round

BHF
02-02-2014, 04:09 AM
Who knows maybe they will add an all star caliber player at the deadline that would make it interesting.

bholly
02-02-2014, 04:11 AM
It's not as unlikely as people probably think - their post-Gay record would make them a 53 win team if they did it for a season, and a 30-17 team right now if they'd done it all season so far - but Indy and Miami are still in another league. I would absolutely expect them to compete and win a game or two, but it's really hard to see them stepping it up to a high enough level to beat those teams in a series without having injury luck or whatever.

dalton749
02-02-2014, 06:47 AM
i could actually see us taking indy to game 7
we match up really well with them

Drummond#1
02-02-2014, 07:25 AM
I think Val needs one more year of development and they need a couple more role players of the bench. But next year they should be contending.

KnicksorBust
02-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Sadly the Raptors are looking more like the new-look Atlanta Hawks then the new-look Oklahoma City Thunder. There is a reason why we still hear reports that Lowry is on the block.

LanceUpperCut
02-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Sadly the Raptors are looking more like the new-look Atlanta Hawks then the new-look Oklahoma City Thunder. There is a reason why we still hear reports that Lowry is on the block.

Why is that cause we don't have Durant? I only see them beating MIA barring injury to LBJ or some major melt down, as for Indy well in the last 6 games the Raps and Indy have three win each so it's not impossible

Raps08-09 Champ
02-02-2014, 11:49 AM

I agree. The core right now will not be more than a 1st/2nd round. We'd need a lot of internal growth to take the next step since it will be difficult to grow getting external players with salary situation and such. That depends a lot on Jonas to grow into a all star.

KnicksorBust
02-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Why is that cause we don't have Durant? I only see them beating MIA barring injury to LBJ or some major melt down, as for Indy well in the last 6 games the Raps and Indy have three win each so it's not impossible

Forget about having a "Durant" only 2 teams have that. I'm not sure you have a top 30 player. I like your individual pieces. Lowry-Ross-Jonas and even Amir I like a lot. Maybe the Denver Nuggets is the more appropriate comparison. I think you can be competitive the whole season but there is definitely a ceiling on this team and I don't even know if it's as high as the Nuggets of the previous years.

KnicksorBust
02-02-2014, 12:28 PM
I agree. The core right now will not be more than a 1st/2nd round. We'd need a lot of internal growth to take the next step since it will be difficult to grow getting external players with salary situation and such. That depends a lot on Jonas to grow into a all star.

So what do you think they should do?

Sly Guy
02-02-2014, 12:46 PM
nah, we won't come close to indy/miami in the playoffs. All other things aside, this would be our team's first playoffs experience, and we all know it's a completely different game come april. We might see the second round by virtue of a weak eastern conference, but we are not ready to challenge for the conference crown.

LanceUpperCut
02-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Forget about having a "Durant" only 2 teams have that. I'm not sure you have a top 30 player. I like your individual pieces. Lowry-Ross-Jonas and even Amir I like a lot. Maybe the Denver Nuggets is the more appropriate comparison. I think you can be competitive the whole season but there is definitely a ceiling on this team and I don't even know if it's as high as the Nuggets of the previous years.

You leave out are 25 year old all-star? I honestly can't see how anyone can tell what are ceiling is right now. Most of are payroll is tied up in guys who barley play at all and will be gone next year. MU hasn't even been able to draft a player yet.

Rego247
02-02-2014, 01:29 PM
No, assuming we even make it past the first round.

We might steal a game, possibly. But it's more than likely we get our *** handed to us.

Sadds The Gr8
02-02-2014, 01:31 PM
no. I think maybe we can get a game or possibly 2 vs Indy because we've always played them tough, but we wouldn't beat them. Miami would beat us easily...they own us

jsumadchat
02-02-2014, 01:47 PM
we might make it a series against indy. it would take a miracle to outlast em though. we would make it a little entertaining against mia, but it would take 10 miracles to beat them in a series lol

ghettosean
02-02-2014, 02:01 PM
We are not beating any of the top 2 teams in the east barring some sort of miracle or major injury to the other team its just not happening. The only thing i can say is they will all play there hearts out these starring 5 are giving everything on the court every game this year

gwrighter
02-02-2014, 02:17 PM
Raps have a better chance of beating the Pacers than the Heat but it's still a very very small chance. Considering we don't have home court advantage it would be next to impossible to beat either team in a 7 game series. We would need to beat both of those teams in 6 because there is no way we're winning a game 7 away. That is very unlikely so I doubt we have any chance really. If we can steal a game or 2 & lose by no less than 5 every game I'd be happy & even kind of impressed with that considering our youth.

Hulk6
02-02-2014, 02:22 PM
Its cause of Drake

selassi3
02-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Before you guys determine the faith of our team in the playoffs lets just take it a day at a time and keep that post season talk until they actually clinch a spot maybe then it becomes more plausible to hypothetically predict match ups. Irrelevant thread, because half of you don't even take in Raptor games unless your a Canadian and have access to TSN, SP or if you care to watch NBA League Pass. Hypothetically "WHAT IF" Lebron tears an MCL? Or Indy loses Hibbert? See what I mean "WHAT IF" can go on for days.

With that being said if they are in the playoffs anything goes at that point. If your a ball fan you probably lived to see many crazy post season upsets.

Knicks 8th Seed in the NBA Finals vs Spurs in 99
Golden State upset over Mavs 06-07

just to name a few

Raps08-09 Champ
02-02-2014, 07:32 PM
So what do you think they should do?

I wanted them to trade Lowry and get a high pick but too late to tank now. I say try to resign Lowry then trade him next season to maintain an asset.