PDA

View Full Version : What Does it Take For Mike D to get Fired?

Tony_Starks
02-01-2014, 06:25 PM
This is mainly for the non Laker fans, because we need a objective opinion.

What more does he have to do? The team is giving up like 110 every night. We are last in the league defensively. Every team he coaches ends up last in the league defensively. ( see the Knicks and the Suns ) He randomly benches players for no reason ( see the Knicks and the Suns).

Magic Johnson is publicly complaining for crying out loud, enough is enough!

ThunderousDemon
02-01-2014, 06:38 PM
lol why fire him?

It's not like a new coach could turn things around with this sorry bunch of scrubs.

Besides you can't fire him now, we're on a roll.

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Jenceman
02-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Well they aren't the true worst defensive team in the league, They play at a top 3 pace so that means more possessions for the other team. They're like 26th in defensive efficiency.

Although I'm not arguing for D'antoni, believe me :laugh2:

They just aren't actually last

bucketss
02-01-2014, 06:42 PM
i don't think you guys want to hire a new coach that somehow "inspires" this team and ruins a perfectly good tank job.

lol, please
02-01-2014, 06:42 PM
For something to actually be his fault.

abe_froman
02-01-2014, 06:43 PM
he's the perfect coach for what they're trying to do right now,why fire him?

DreamShaker
02-01-2014, 06:44 PM
One thing: for Kobe to want him gone.

jsthornton7
02-01-2014, 06:45 PM
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

^ This is EPIC!

Vinylman
02-01-2014, 06:51 PM
time...

no point right now to pay two coaches to be ******

Lakers + Giants
02-01-2014, 06:58 PM
Why fire him this season, we want to continue to lose. Fire him when the season is over.

Tony_Starks
02-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Well they aren't the true worst defensive team in the league, They play at a top 3 pace so that means more possessions for the other team. They're like 26th in defensive efficiency.

Although I'm not arguing for D'antoni, believe me :laugh2:

They just aren't actually last

True. But at some point don't you have to bring in a legit coach? To show incoming FA's and rookies this is a respectable franchise?

Tony_Starks
02-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Why fire him this season, we want to continue to lose. Fire him when the season is over.

My worry is that Jim will give him a pass because of injuries, and allow him to coach again....

nyKnicks126
02-01-2014, 07:07 PM
D'Antoni is.. was... and will be a terrible coach. What it takes to get him fired? Nothing.. It's really hard too. Phoenix fans told our forum about how bad D'Antoni was in Phoenix.. Despite warning us we didn't want to believe it.. We learned the hard way that D'Antoni is just a terrible coach..

king4day
02-01-2014, 07:14 PM
D'Antoni is.. was... and will be a terrible coach. What it takes to get him fired? Nothing.. It's really hard too. Phoenix fans told our forum about how bad D'Antoni was in Phoenix.. Despite warning us we didn't want to believe it.. We learned the hard way that D'Antoni is just a terrible coach..

This only began once NY got Melo. Before that, he had good pieces in place and was succeeding with a good support system for Amar'e (who was a semi MVP candidate at the time).

If teams want D'Antoni, they need to have a team prepared for him, or a plan in place to get him what he needs to succeed.

NY gave up too many assets (to acquire Melo) that would make his system 'go'.
LAL already had a mess on their hands and Nash can't make miracles happen.

So a terrible coach, he is not. He's a 'particular' one. Some coaches can be brought in and make things work with the talent available. He's a specialty coach and without the parts, will look like he doesn't belong.

nyKnicks126
02-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Nash was basically like the coach of Phoenix in his prime.. He had the best record, coty award, and still can't win a title without caring about defense...

blahblahyoutoo
02-01-2014, 07:28 PM
what do you expect him to do with that lineup?
can anyone name more than 5 active players on the squad other than gasol?

Tony_Starks
02-01-2014, 07:29 PM
The best all star team he coached never made the Finals. All star team! Prime Nash, Stoudamire, Marion, JJ.... Not to mention the complementary players like Bell, Thomas, Barbosa....

He deserves props for re-defining the game but his style of play will never win a chip..

Shlumpledink
02-01-2014, 07:37 PM
You guys have to understand that he has a contract, you can fire him from his duties, but you cannot fire him from collecting a salary. To fire him, would mean you would have to pay for him and whoever the new coach is. The lakers do not want to do that, and it is also completely unnecessary, seeing as how they aren't expected to win with any coach.

Red Auerbach and John Wooden could rise from the dead, form voltron with Phil Jackson and Greg Popovich, and still be under 500 with this team. So get it out of your head that the coaching is the main problem for this team.
Deal with the losses like a man, and move on with your lives.

jsthornton7
02-01-2014, 07:43 PM
We embrace the losses. #TankNation.

Mr_Jones
02-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Buss was going to give him a fair shot. Sure, the injuries aren't directly his fault but still, since the team is losing and is hilarious to watch this year, he will be fired after this season. If not, then wow, Jimbo. Tittays

NBA_Starter
02-01-2014, 11:14 PM
If he starts winning they will probably have enough of him...

ManRam
02-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Any person with a straight head on their shoulders would realize he has nothing to work with this year...

No one is turning that **** into gold. If he didn't get fired last year, it's hard to justify firing him now.

Rndy
02-01-2014, 11:34 PM
It will take their owner realizing how his ego got in the way once again his dad should have left the Basketball decision making to his daughter and Phil. Feel bad for Kobe playing his last few years with an Owner who would rather try and screw over Phil than actually win anything.

They need a full rebuild no stars are going over there until there is young potential worth going to. I'd fire Mike in the offseason and go after a teacher like Gundy or Skiles. Skiles isn't a long term solution but he's great at developing defense with younger players when it's time to win I'd get rid of him. Gundy is a teacher and a long term coach in my opinion would be a great hire to rebuild with.

Chrisclover
02-01-2014, 11:39 PM
we're on a roll.

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...
Together we tank !
Fire Pringles when the 82th game is over or after the exit interview is over

ManRam
02-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Chris, we're beefing

DreamShaker
02-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Buss was going to give him a fair shot. Sure, the injuries aren't directly his fault but still, since the team is losing and is hilarious to watch this year, he will be fired after this season. If not, then wow, Jimbo. Tittays

I was waiting for you to say something perverted. Just weird seeing you give reasonable answers.

DreamShaker
02-01-2014, 11:47 PM
Chris, we're beefing

I look forward to the diss track.

Tony_Starks
02-02-2014, 01:18 AM
It will take their owner realizing how his ego got in the way once again his dad should have left the Basketball decision making to his daughter and Phil. Feel bad for Kobe playing his last few years with an Owner who would rather try and screw over Phil than actually win anything.

They need a full rebuild no stars are going over there until there is young potential worth going to. I'd fire Mike in the offseason and go after a teacher like Gundy or Skiles. Skiles isn't a long term solution but he's great at developing defense with younger players when it's time to win I'd get rid of him. Gundy is a teacher and a long term coach in my opinion would be a great hire to rebuild with.

Man you are exactly right. Have to fire Coach to make a statement and start fresh but I doubt it will happen.

I would love Van Gundy or a Jerry Sloan.