Zach Randolph: 26 points (11/20), 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal
Al Jefferson: 40 points (18/32), 18 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals
Randy Foye: 10 points (4/13), 16 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 steals
Rudy Gay: 35 points (10/16), 12 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal
Dirk Nowitzki: 34 points (11/19), 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steal
Kevin Durant: 26 points (10/12), 7 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 steal
Serge Ibaka: 25 points (12/12), 9 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal, 1 assist
Andrew Bogut: 16 points (8/11), 17 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 blocks, 2 steals

Note: Do not be misled by Al Jefferson's numbers. He is on a horrible team and hasn't helped them improve at all, even though they have already matched last seasons win total and are within striking distance of a .500 record and a playoff position. If Chris Bosh was on the Bobcats, he would have scored 56 points and grabbed no fewer than 25 rebounds while handing out 10 assists and getting 5 steals and 5 blocks. The only reason he doesn't do these things in Miami is because he plays a specific role where Spo asks him NOT to rebound the ball and also recommends that he turn the ball over as often as he gets an assist.

black1605
02-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Jefferson, easily.

Dude's a beast.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Lol is someone mad no one agreed with him in the other thread?

JasonJohnHorn
02-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Lol is someone mad no one agreed with him in the other thread?

Last time I checked the pole, 19 people voted that Bosh was better, and 21 people voted that he wasn't clearly better, with some thinking he was equal, and others thinking there were better players. I am not in a minority. So you are simply wrong and misstating facts in saying that nobody agreed with me. That said, the 'appeal to the majority' is a flawed argument. I'm simply pointing out here that productivity shouldn't be ignored.

I was arguing against people who were projecting imaginary numbers for Bosh, stating that Jefferson hasn't made the Bobcats better (despite they have already equaled last season's win total) and ignoring the fact that Jefferson is a better rebounder and passer who also gets more steal and blocks with better ratios for fouls and turnovers. They also relied on stats that are influenced greatly by TEAM play and who is on the court with you, in which case Bosh has a distinct advantage given that he has three HOFers on the court with him in Wade, LBJ and Allen, not to mention the supporting cast, and insist that Bosh is a stellar defender, despite the fact that he frequently gets dominated in his one-on-one match-ups and the players he guards frequently score above their season averages and shooting a higher percentage than their season averages.

If people won't recognize these facts, how can I reason with them?

I think Jefferson's game last night, coupled with his performances this season, demonstrates that he deserves All-star consideration. I stand by that, and MANY people, despite your inability to add, agree with me.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Last time I checked the pole, 19 people voted that Bosh was better, and 21 people voted that he wasn't clearly better, with some thinking he was equal, and others thinking there were better players. I am not in a minority. So you are simply wrong and misstating facts in saying that nobody agreed with me. That said, the 'appeal to the majority' is a flawed argument. I'm simply pointing out here that productivity shouldn't be ignored.

I was arguing against people who were projecting imaginary numbers for Bosh, stating that Jefferson hasn't made the Bobcats better (despite they have already equaled last season's win total) and ignoring the fact that Jefferson is a better rebounder and passer who also gets more steal and blocks with better ratios for fouls and turnovers. They also relied on stats that are influenced greatly by TEAM play and who is on the court with you, in which case Bosh has a distinct advantage given that he has three HOFers on the court with him in Wade, LBJ and Allen, not to mention the supporting cast, and insist that Bosh is a stellar defender, despite the fact that he frequently gets dominated in his one-on-one match-ups and the players he guards frequently score above their season averages and shooting a higher percentage than their season averages.

If people won't recognize these facts, how can I reason with them?

I think Jefferson's game last night, coupled with his performances this season, demonstrates that he deserves All-star consideration. I stand by that, and MANY people, despite your inability to add, agree with me.

Who said he shouldn't get considered? He was considered. He just didn't make the cut.