PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Bynum to sign with Pacers today

spreadeagle
02-01-2014, 10:09 AM
UPDATE 8:53 a.m.: Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports reports that “barring an unforeseen snag,” Indiana will sign Andrew Bynum today.”

8:00 a.m.: Conventional wisdom has been the only reason the Indiana Pacers were in the discussion to sign Andrew Bynum was to keep him away from the Heat. However, since Greg Oden has played fairly well in limited minutes for Miami, talk of signing Bynum to bring him to South Beach kind of cooled and interest in Bynum overall seemed lukewarm.

Now it appears the Pacers are close to inking a deal with Bynum.

At least that’s the report from the Indy Star, something confirmed by Brian Windhorst of ESPN. Bynum and his agent met with the Pacers Friday night, according to the Indy Star.

Bynum’s agent David Lee told The Indianapolis Star that he and Bynum were in town. According to Lee, Bynum and the Pacers have not reached a contractual agreement.

“(Bynum) has not signed as yet,” Lee said on Friday night. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/01/report-pacers-close-to-deal-with-andrew-bynum/

NYKNYGNYY
02-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Maybe he'll play like he's capable of on a legit contender... Behind hibbert tho

koreancabbage
02-01-2014, 10:44 AM
if they weren't the favorites before, they are now.

it would be considered choking if they didn't get to the Finals, let alone win it all.

More-Than-Most
02-01-2014, 11:05 AM
They were all around better and deeper than the heat before this... This makes them the clear as day favorites now. The heat have James though... That will always be the XFactor

LJEATON26
02-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Still have to go through okc thoughito win it all and a natch up against Bynum and Hibbert actually make Kendricks perkins useful. That is unless Bynum destroys Indy from the inside. Which is completely possible.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-01-2014, 11:11 AM
They just don't want him playing for other teams.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Still have to go through okc thoughito win it all and a natch up against Bynum and Hibbert actually make Kendricks perkins useful. That is unless Bynum destroys Indy from the inside. Which is completely possible.

Perkins has not been useful in like 5 years.

kingkenny01
02-01-2014, 11:13 AM
im interested to know if this was more of making sure he didn't go to the heat then actually wanting him to contribute

LJEATON26
02-01-2014, 11:20 AM

Perkins one use is post defense against true nba centers. I think in two games d12 is shooting 35% against him. Either way though if I'm a pacers fan then I'm praying that Bynum doesn't take hibbert bowling.

Teeboy1487
02-01-2014, 11:22 AM
Now when Hibbert gets in foul trouble, they can throw in Bynum :speechless:

kobebabe
02-01-2014, 11:23 AM
This guy has already said he doesn't like to play basketball. Why bring him to a team that has such good chemistry to destroy it? Or may be being with a contender will actually make him want to play??? I don't get it but hopefully he proves me wrong coz I much rather see Indy win it than those beach boys. Glad they trying to at least keep him away from them :D

Raps08-09 Champ
02-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Perkins one use is post defense against true nba centers. I think in two games d12 is shooting 35% against him. Either way though if I'm a pacers fan then I'm praying that Bynum doesn't take hibbert bowling.

Only thing he's defended the past few years was the locker room against Noah.

RipCity32
02-01-2014, 11:26 AM

it would be considered choking if they didn't get to the Finals, let alone win it all.

He ain't that good

amak316
02-01-2014, 11:26 AM
In before Bynum sleeps with Larry Birds wife

2-ONE-5
02-01-2014, 11:30 AM

yea i think thats what this mostly is. doubt he even plays much

lamzoka
02-01-2014, 11:38 AM

This.
Very smart move, hopefully he can help, if not worst come to worst send him home for the rest of the season and keep him away from the heat. Kudos to the Pacers management. VERY SMART MOVE

ghettosean
02-01-2014, 11:40 AM

He ain't that good

This broken knees Bynum has publicly said when playing on the Cavs that his knees are still in pain and he's frustrated he can't do certain things he could a few years ago. This doesn't change much when the heat and pacers meet... Honestly he was contemplating retirement only a few monhhs ago... How soon we forget:

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=9942913&src=desktop

IndyRealist
02-01-2014, 11:46 AM
It's done.
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/pacers-sign-andrew-bynum

lamzoka
02-01-2014, 11:47 AM
This broken knees Bynum has publicly said when playing on the Cavs that his knees are still in pain and he's frustrated he can't do certain things he could a few years ago. This doesn't change much when the heat and pacers meet... Honestly he was contemplating retirement only a few monhhs ago... How soon we forget:

This is not about Bynum leading the pacers to a championship and winning the finals MVP. this is simply about keeping him away from the heat. If this doesnt work out pay him and send him home for the rest of the season.

LTBaByyy
02-01-2014, 11:50 AM
He won't play much. Just did it so the Heat wouldn't get him.

At least Mahinmi brings passion and energy. Bynum won't.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-01-2014, 11:52 AM

Lebron has one of the best teams ever assembled, it's about time someone leveled the playing field.

GunFactor187
02-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Larry Legend will whip his *** in shape.

t_money25
02-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Celebrate the signing with a team bowling event!

D-Leethal
02-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Great move for them. Indy is already well acclimated to playing with slower, lumbering, post Cs so it should be a seamless fit to swap Bynum for Mahimni. I love this move for Indy.

KniCks4LiFe
02-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Now when Hibbert gets in foul trouble, they can throw in Bynum :speechless:

that's what is scary about this.

Not for nothing. The Pacers are the type of team that can make this move.

Look what Bird and Vogel did w/ Lance.

Bynum is not going to be a cancer there. That's literally new basketball town. And you have Hibbert, Hekneeme and West, who are all three capable of kicking his ***. I know West and Hibbert wit their UFC training sure can. So I'm waiting for him to f up, b/c I want to see what they can do to him.:cool:

[at practices]

Vogel: set a screen!

Drew: I ain't screening for no one, suckah

West: [triangle choke hold] watchu say? you setting dat screen?
Drew: screw you I'm leaving
West: nah I'm just gonna do this everyday till you apologize and set dat screen

Super.
02-01-2014, 12:18 PM

Perkins is allowing the least amount of points at the rim than any other qualified defender so far this season.

Still overpaid, but he is somewhat useful.

JasonJohnHorn
02-01-2014, 12:18 PM
For some reason I see this as a strategic signing on Indy's part. They don't want or need him, but they do NOT want MIA or OKC to get him.

Makes sense.

Now they just need to put together a decent package for Lowry and they'll have this season wrapped up barring injury.

JasonJohnHorn
02-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Celebrate the signing with a team bowling event!

lol

When Bynum says a girl is 'out of his league', he means that she bowls on Tuesday nights, not Thursday.

NYSpirit1
02-01-2014, 12:24 PM
This is friggin hilarious. People are acting like Bynum is going to be some sort of prodigy.

He's going to be a cancer. He provided nothing on he Cavs and got the entire Sixers team to hate him.

If anything, this makes the Pacers worse signing an injury prone complaining player who doesn't try.

c.c.
02-01-2014, 12:27 PM
If they win a championship this year, people gonna say Bynum contribute to it. And if they lose people gonna say he's the reason for they failure.

PurpleLynch
02-01-2014, 12:28 PM
He's a douchebag,but I think Indy will handle him well.

Slug3
02-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Bynum is a cancer. Granted he has some talent, but he has the ability to ruin that team chemistry before he helps that team.

KniCks4LiFe
02-01-2014, 12:30 PM
This is friggin hilarious. People are acting like Bynum is going to be some sort of prodigy.

He's going to be a cancer. He provided nothing on he Cavs and got the entire Sixers team to hate him.

If anything, this makes the Pacers worse signing an injury prone complaining player who doesn't try.

he had a coach that he didn't respect in CLE, and there was no policing of players. [and tbh there still is none in Cleveland, I mean did you watch Cavs vs Knicks?] IDK about you but if your Bynum the only thing that gets through to you is an enforcer and Indy has 3 of those.

They have also set theirselves up to make a run at Kyle Lowry if they so choose to.

I will tell you as bad as Bynum was, as much of a cancer as he was, Lance Stephenson was 10x worse and Indy fixed him. It's an attempt to get to the NBA finals, if they fail they have an excuse and they can replace what they don't have next season.

ghettosean
02-01-2014, 12:43 PM

This is not about Bynum leading the pacers to a championship and winning the finals MVP. this is simply about keeping him away from the heat. If this doesnt work out pay him and send him home for the rest of the season.

I fully agree

LJEATON26
02-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Don't you guys think that if Miami really wanted Bynum that they would have pulled out all the stops and found a way like they did with the big 3?

ghettosean
02-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Don't you guys think that if Miami really wanted Bynum that they would have pulled out all the stops and found a way like they did with the big 3?

You mean how they pulled out all the stops before they were in the luxury tax... lol... maybe!

nickdymez
02-01-2014, 01:02 PM
yea i think thats what this mostly is. doubt he even plays much

lol.. That sounds silly. Bynum is a top 3 center in this league, off the court problems or not. He's playing with a contender now. I think he wants another ring. I've seen Bynum dialed in and KILLING.

ghettosean
02-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Greg Oden vs Bynum will be interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwDJLMA6FbI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Slug3
02-01-2014, 01:20 PM
You mean how they pulled out all the stops before they were in the luxury tax... lol... maybe!

If Miami wanted Bynum they would have gotten him. It was clear they didn't.

85BearsDefense
02-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Everyone sleeping on Bynum, he will be a difference maker, ill remember this thread after he drops. 15 on Miami in the ECF

detzfish
02-01-2014, 01:29 PM
It's a big question mark but when he is healthy or motivated or whatever you think the problem with Bynum is gets fixed he would be the best center on the team in my opinion. I think it's a great move for them.

IndyRealist
02-01-2014, 01:31 PM
If they win a championship this year, people gonna say Bynum contribute to it. And if they lose people gonna say he's the reason for they failure.

He's low risk. It's not like Mahimni is injured, we've just needed a 5th big all season since trading Miles Plumlee and letting Tyler Hansbrough walk. Without knowing the contract size, it's unlikely it pushed them into the luxury tax, or at least very far into it. So if he acts out, is out of shape, or doesn't perform, he wears a suit. If he's even remotely serviceable he's probably an upgrade, and gives our anemic bench offense a focal point.

LJEATON26
02-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Espn is reporting $1 mil for the rest of the season

Captain Moroni
02-01-2014, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE=ghettosean;27904692]Greg Oden vs Bynum will be interesting...

Yes the crippled unit at the hospital will be filled with interesting anecdotes and stories of how they stayed healthy for day's at a time.

Captain Moroni
02-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Good block move by Indy though.

gotoHcarolina52
02-01-2014, 01:44 PM
Very good addition for Indiana. If he's a cancer, they cut him. If he contributes, it would make things doubly difficult for the Heat inside. Don't see much risk with this move.

From Miami's perspective, at this point they need to add a 3-and-d type player more than an extra big with shoddy knees. Plus, it would've surprised me to see them bring Bynum into the fold with how much they've been doing to coddle Oden and assure him that there's no pressure for him to expedite his return.

gotoHcarolina52
02-01-2014, 01:45 PM

Bring The Heat
02-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Going to be a great series, bring it on Pacers... we ain't scared

Bring The Heat
02-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Very good addition for Indiana. If he's a cancer, they cut him. If he contributes, it would make things doubly difficult for the Heat inside. Don't see much risk with this move.

From Miami's perspective, at this point they need to add a 3-and-d type player more than an extra big with shoddy knees. Plus, it would've surprised me to see them bring Bynum into the fold with how much they've been doing to coddle Oden and assure him that there's no pressure for him to expedite his return.

Not going after Bynum, I'm assuming Miami really believes in Oden and what he can potentially bring come play-off time... In his limited minutes he has looked good so let's see if his knees hold up.

LJEATON26
02-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Miami could have offered their mle of $3 million. So I don't think Indy did it to block them.

bleedprple&gold
02-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Great move by Indy. The primary purpose was to keep him away from Miami. If he provides anything on the court that's just a bonus. Also if he becomes a cancer they will just send him home and he still serves his primary purpose of not playing for the Heat and they still have a great team. Low risk high reward move.

PacersForLife
02-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Candace Buckner ‏@CandaceDBuckner
"I don't know who came up with that, but that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard." Bird on signing Bynum to keep him from MIA

gotoHcarolina52
02-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Not going after Bynum, I'm assuming Miami really believes in Oden and what he can potentially bring come play-off time... In his limited minutes he has looked good so let's see if his knees hold up.

Exactly. And with Bosh and Bird logging heavy minutes at center, you only need one legit 7-footer to round out the team. If Oden is healthy and contributes, adding Bynum would've meant having another body stuck on the bench. Wouldn't have been a good fit.

Iron24th
02-01-2014, 02:21 PM
The upcoming pacers-heat series has just became more interesting.

Sly Guy
02-01-2014, 02:33 PM
of course bynum went to indy....you really think he's choose to go to miami where he might be actually required to play?

IndyRealist
02-01-2014, 02:33 PM

The full quote:
Signing done to keep Bynum from Miami:

"I've heard that but we don't do that. We don't have the money to throw around to bring guys in and let them sit on the bench just because somebody else wants them. I don't know who came up with that, but that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard."

bringbackfredex
02-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Don't understand how this guy keeps getting work, and it's not like he's even the same basketball player that he used to be. A locker room cancer with bad knees who completely screwed the last 2 teams that he was on.

I find it funny that he's getting so much love on here. This is a bit too much hype for a 8.4 ppg and 5.3 rpg player who's soft and doesn't even care about the game of basketball.

bleedprple&gold
02-01-2014, 02:46 PM

The full quote:
Signing done to keep Bynum from Miami:

"I've heard that but we don't do that. We don't have the money to throw around to bring guys in and let them sit on the bench just because somebody else wants them. I don't know who came up with that, but that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard."

Of course they won't publicly admit it. And just because the main purpose was to keep him from Miami doesn't mean he has to sit on the bench and never play.

IndyRealist
02-01-2014, 02:48 PM
Of course they won't publicly admit it. And just because the main purpose was to keep him from Miami doesn't mean he has to sit on the bench and never play.

"Of course the government would never admit there are alien spacecraft at Area 51!" See how ridiculous it sounds? Larry is generally a straight talker and doesn't mince words.

bleedprple&gold
02-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Don't understand how this guy keeps getting work, and it's not like he's even the same basketball player that he used to be. A locker room cancer with bad knees who completely screwed the last 2 teams that he was on.

I find it funny that he's getting so much love on here. This is a bit too much hype for a 8.4 ppg and 5.3 rpg player who's soft and doesn't even care about the game of basketball.

The luxuries of being a 7 footer with some semblance of talent.

bleedprple&gold
02-01-2014, 02:52 PM

"Of course the government would never admit there are alien spacecraft at Area 51!" See how ridiculous it sounds? Larry is generally a straight talker and doesn't mince words.

I don't think it sounds ridiculous at all. It makes a lot of sense. They already have two 7 footers, great team chemistry and the best record in the league. What other reason do they need Bynum for? Why jeopardize what they have by getting a known locker room cancer?

PacersForLife
02-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Larry definitely means what he says, he tells it like it is. He wouldn't say that as a cover up or something. He genuinely feels like Bynum will help this team.

IndyRealist
02-01-2014, 03:04 PM
I don't think it sounds ridiculous at all. It makes a lot of sense. They already have two 7 footers, great team chemistry and the best record in the league. What other reason do they need Bynum for? Why jeopardize what they have by getting a known locker room cancer?

Have you watched Mahimni play?

Yes they have two 7fters, but they only have 4 big men. What happens if there's an injury? They got him for a price that keeps them under the luxury tax. He's 10x better than any scrub they could have called up from the D-League. And he has incentive to perform WELL this year if he hopes to get any sort of contract next year from any team.

And Mahimni isn't 7'. He's closer to 6'10", almost a head shorter than Hibbert. If Mahimni is 7', then Roy Hibbert is Yao Ming in disguise.

JLynn943
02-01-2014, 03:06 PM
of course bynum went to indy....you really think he's choose to go to miami where he might be actually required to play?

Yeah, pretty much. This is the perfect situation for him - barely has to play, good shot at a championship, and if he looks good off the bench, maybe he tricks another team into signing him for a longer deal.

2-ONE-5
02-01-2014, 03:15 PM
lol.. That sounds silly. Bynum is a top 3 center in this league, off the court problems or not. He's playing with a contender now. I think he wants another ring. I've seen Bynum dialed in and KILLING.

lol what? how is he a top 3 center when he hasnt really played in 2 years now? he is never going to be healthy or motivated enough to be a top 3 C again. he is going to play 0-10 min a night but i do expect him to behave in Indy. But by no means did he go unsigned for nearly a month if he was a top center still dont ya think?

Sssmush
02-01-2014, 03:19 PM
LoL somebody could sprain their ankle and Bynum winds up playing 40 minutes a night and leading Indy to the title with 20-10-3

nickdymez
02-01-2014, 03:21 PM
lol what? how is he a top 3 center when he hasnt really played in 2 years now? he is never going to be healthy or motivated enough to be a top 3 C again. he is going to play 0-10 min a night but i do expect him to behave in Indy. But by no means did he go unsigned for nearly a month if he was a top center still dont ya think?

Your predicting the future and acting like your some kind of an insider. When Bynum is motivated, he's a top 3 center in the league. I don't know whether or not he will be motivated, I cant predict the future and im not an insider. He was unsigned because of off the court issues obviously. And again, you dont know the true story, your're speculating like the rest of us.

bleedprple&gold
02-01-2014, 03:24 PM

Have you watched Mahimni play?

Yes they have two 7fters, but they only have 4 big men. What happens if there's an injury? They got him for a price that keeps them under the luxury tax. He's 10x better than any scrub they could have called up from the D-League. And he has incentive to perform WELL this year if he hopes to get any sort of contract next year from any team.

And Mahimni isn't 7'. He's closer to 6'10", almost a head shorter than Hibbert. If Mahimni is 7', then Roy Hibbert is Yao Ming in disguise.

Nope havent seen Mahinmi play much. I know that Bynum is better than him but I still dont buy the whole we didnt do it to keep him from Miami. Bynum could disrupt their team chemistry so why take the risk when they have such a good thing going?

Denver-boy
02-01-2014, 03:33 PM
I wonder whats going through Bynum's crazy head:

PG3 girl Playmate Jessica Burciaga?
Frank Vogel wife?
Dionna Granger?
George hill girl?

Ima try get at that....

I give him less than a month he's released again lol

P&GRealist
02-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Bynum will help the Pacers against Miami in the ECF, and possibly OKC in the Finals.

Goose17
02-01-2014, 03:41 PM
I wanted his career to be over.

But if he was going to play for a team it makes sense for it to be Indiana, they won't let him muck around, he'll be kept in check.

RaiderLakersA's
02-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Interesting move by the Pacers.

Wade n Fade
02-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Bring in the locker room demolition guy. Really glad that POS Bynum is not in Miami. Better for Indiana to implode from the inside out.

Avenged
02-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Bynum is not ruining the Pacers chances. This makes them even better if he gets it together this is damn right scary. Him even accepting coming to a team where he's going to be a backup should give you the indication that he's not just there to screw around (literally..)

P&GRealist
02-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Bring in the locker room demolition guy. Really glad that POS Bynum is not in Miami. Better for Indiana to implode from the inside out.

Hibbert, West, Scola, Ian, and Bynum on 1 leg vs Boshtrich, Drugman, Haslem, and Oden on 1 leg.

LOL good luck with that.

3RDASYSTEM
02-01-2014, 03:54 PM

Yeah a team who lost to the defending champs this past season are the favorites now, it would be considered choking had they got the version of BYNUM in his last laker season, other than that this PHI bowling version of BYNUM on the the CAVS latest edition(then cut) version of BYNUM isn't even as good as that former no 1 pick who is looking somewhat decent in ODEN, but BYNUM isn't on that level if that knee is not right, he is a big body indeed but unmotivated and playing injured basically because of his footer frame, which is hard to come by these days, and he was mobile at that pre injuries

now if he was healthy then he wouldn't have never gone to PHI in first place nor signing with INDY

THE MTL
02-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Just piggy backing a championship team.....so disgusting.

Vinylman
02-01-2014, 03:57 PM
typical nba forum thread...

Miami bandwagon fans post ignorant comments while all the others looking at the signing in a reasonable manner...

what a shock

Chronz
02-01-2014, 03:58 PM
I can see this working out big, well done Indy

PacersForLife
02-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Bynum will not cause this team to implode...

bringbackfredex
02-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Your predicting the future and acting like your some kind of an insider. When Bynum is motivated, he's a top 3 center in the league. I don't know whether or not he will be motivated, I cant predict the future and im not an insider. He was unsigned because of off the court issues obviously. And again, you dont know the true story, your're speculating like the rest of us.

A top 3 center? Please tell me that this is some kind of joke, I doubt you've seen him play this year because he is literally a shell of what he used to be. When your knees go so does your career, it has nothing to do with "motivation".

Davis
Cousins
Dwight
Jefferson
Noah
Hibbert
B. Lopez
Drummond
Vucevic
Horford
Pekovich
Favors
Hawes
D. Jordan

All better than Bynum, and that's all off the top of my head...

Bring The Heat
02-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Pacers have a strong chemistry together and are focused so I disagree with people saying Bynum will ruin this locker room... They will kick his *** out before that ever happens... Not going to hate on the signing. But I still believe in my team and what we are capable of when we play to our potential. We are 2x defending champs and still the team to beat. Should be fun series come play off time.

P&GRealist
02-01-2014, 04:33 PM
I would love to see the Pacers make a move at the deadline to send Granger and a pick to the Raptors for Lowry and a sharpshooter like Novak. Indy could use a deadly shooter off the bench.

bringbackfredex
02-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Yeah a team who lost to the defending champs this past season are the favorites now, it would be considered choking had they got the version of BYNUM in his last laker season, other than that this PHI bowling version of BYNUM on the the CAVS latest edition(then cut) version of BYNUM isn't even as good as that former no 1 pick who is looking somewhat decent in ODEN, but BYNUM isn't on that level if that knee is not right, he is a big body indeed but unmotivated and playing injured basically because of his footer frame, which is hard to come by these days, and he was mobile at that pre injuries

now if he was healthy then he wouldn't have never gone to PHI in first place nor signing with INDY

How so? He got traded there. The Lakers would have traded him even if he was healthy to get Dwight.

bringbackfredex
02-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Pacers have a strong chemistry together and are focused so I disagree with people saying Bynum will ruin this locker room... They will kick his *** out before that ever happens... Not going to hate on the signing. But I still believe in my team and what we are capable of when we play to our potential. We are 2x defending champs and still the team to beat. Should be fun series come play off time.

Well he's ruined his last 2 locker rooms so I think that these people have legitimate grounds to be concerned. How many guys have you seen get suspended for conduct detrimental to the team in the NBA over the last few years? Bet you can't name many, because no one is a much of a toxic waste as this guy.

PacersForLife
02-01-2014, 04:45 PM
I would love to see the Pacers make a move at the deadline to send Granger and a pick to the Raptors for Lowry and a sharpshooter like Novak. Indy could use a deadly shooter off the bench.

We've already got Copeland who is a better all around player than Novak imo. Plus I'll pass on Novak's contract.

P&GRealist
02-01-2014, 04:49 PM
We've already got Copeland who is a better all around player than Novak imo. Plus I'll pass on Novak's contract.

Do you think come playoff time, Granger will be a true contributor and be able to go up against LeBron/Wade in the ECF and Durant in the Finals?

numba1CHANGsta
02-01-2014, 04:49 PM
I think a Pacers vs Thunder Finals would be an awesome series, something new and different, I don't like seeing the same two teams meet in the Finals unless it's Lakers vs Celtics :)

numba1CHANGsta
02-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Just piggy backing a championship team.....so disgusting.

Ray Allen? Lewis? Battier? Anderson? Beasley? Oden?

D-Leethal
02-01-2014, 04:53 PM
I'd like to see Bynum try and destroy a David West led lockerroom. I'd pay top dollar to see that.

2-ONE-5
02-01-2014, 04:54 PM

now im predicting the future? he is still not 100% healthy and likely never will be. if he is capable of being a top 3 center when it took this long for someone to sign him? why wouldnt a team like Charlotte go get him and ensure a playoff spot, Phoenix with their miracle medical staff, etc, etc, etc? his attitude would get a pass if he still had that type of ability especially for a smaller market team with nothing to lose

2-ONE-5
02-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Well he's ruined his last 2 locker rooms so I think that these people have legitimate grounds to be concerned. How many guys have you seen get suspended for conduct detrimental to the team in the NBA over the last few years? Bet you can't name many, because no one is a much of a toxic waste as this guy.

he didnt ruin the Sixers locker room. from my understanding he was well liked by the players.

PacersForLife
02-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Do you think come playoff time, Granger will be a true contributor and be able to go up against LeBron/Wade in the ECF and Durant in the Finals?

I don't really think we need him to do all of that. He won't be starting or anything, so all he needs to do is play decent off the bench which I think he is capable of. I will admit that he hasn't looked all that great so far, but I don't think it's that big of a concern, especially if Bynum can contribute.

JWorthy42
02-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Since my Lakers are complete crap for now, I am rooting for Indian to win it all. Tough, gritty team with a lot of heart. They play defense with effort, and are just a great bunch.

Go Pacers.

sunsfan88
02-01-2014, 05:57 PM
I think he will fail with Indiana and then teams will finally grow the brain to not sign him.

Signing him isn't just about the money. Signing him ruins your team chemistry even after he leaves. Look at how good the teams that Bynum was previously on has been since he left in the Lakers, 76ers and now the Cavs. All have turned into among the worst teams in the league. Coincidence? I think not.

Larry Bird signing off on this should make Pacers fans feel a little more confident but still it's Bynum!

Goose17
02-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Shannon Brown signing with Spurs > This ******** signing with Indy.

Tony_Starks
02-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Said he'd probably end up in Indy to spite MIA a few weeks ago and both Pacer and Heat fans said "NO way!!!"

DillyDill
02-01-2014, 07:22 PM
I'm just glad Big Drew is back in the lg. He's waaaayyy to skilled and talented not to be

2-ONE-5
02-01-2014, 07:23 PM
do any of you honestly believe this dude is gonna be a real problem in Indy? they seem to be one of the toughest, closest, group of players in the league and are no nonsense. if he slips up anywhere he will be cut in a second and his career is likely over or D West catches him with an uppercut to shut him up

nastynice
02-01-2014, 07:26 PM
ok. that was random

2-ONE-5
02-01-2014, 07:33 PM
ok. that was random

kid apparently thinks i reported him or some ish. very childish post though im sure that one will get deleted too

believeinNYK
02-01-2014, 07:50 PM
I actually dont like this move for the pacers, bynums character or lack of and some of his antics could disrupt the chemistry of what the pacers have going already

nastynice
02-01-2014, 08:22 PM
kid apparently thinks i reported him or some ish. very childish post though im sure that one will get deleted too

oh, I thought he just passionately disagreed with your post. lol, I kept rereading it, I was trying to figure out how it could possibly offend someone

2-ONE-5
02-01-2014, 08:49 PM
yea me too. when i saw it was deleted i was curious what he wrote bcuz he wasnt being hostile before that. id like to know what he said

LAKobeBryant
02-01-2014, 08:56 PM
pretty interesting sign.....

P&GRealist
02-01-2014, 08:58 PM
2nd unit could definitely use Bynum's offense

2-ONE-5
02-01-2014, 10:18 PM
pretty interesting sign.....

my sig?

NBA_Starter
02-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Either the Heat blew it or know something we don't.

Drummond#1
02-02-2014, 02:29 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if this is a defensive move. I think there is a very small chance that Bynum fits in with the Pacers locker room culture. I think Larry signed him to prevent him from playing against the Pacers on the Heat or Clippers. I wouldn't be surprised if he never suits up.

PacersForLife
02-02-2014, 03:07 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if this is a defensive move. I think there is a very small chance that Bynum fits in with the Pacers locker room culture. I think Larry signed him to prevent him from playing against the Pacers on the Heat or Clippers. I wouldn't be surprised if he never suits up.

We actually have been lacking big man depth this year. We've been forced to play a Scola/West frontcourt at times and it hasn't worked out well. Bird's vision has always been that he wanted a bench as good as the starters so this is why I believe this is more than a move just to keep him away from another team. Plus the fact that Larry said doing something like that is the dumbest thing he's ever heard lol.

DitchDat
02-02-2014, 07:52 AM
Great move by Indiana Bird. Miami must hate this.

Drummond#1
02-02-2014, 09:44 AM

Holy ****. I just looked at your sig. Okay after seeing that from this angle and knowing it went in I can say this is without a doubt the dunk of the year. No disrespect to Manimal... The fact that he is the one getting posterize makes it that much more impressive. Wrong thread... But damn.

Drummond#1
02-02-2014, 09:48 AM
We actually have been lacking big man depth this year. We've been forced to play a Scola/West frontcourt at times and it hasn't worked out well. Bird's vision has always been that he wanted a bench as good as the starters so this is why I believe this is more than a move just to keep him away from another team. Plus the fact that Larry said doing something like that is the dumbest thing he's ever heard lol.

True. And Larry is a straight shooter... But he's still a GM. And though it may seem dumb it is definitely a benefit regardless. Subtraction by addition or just plain addition. Either way it's a good step. Whether Bynum shapes up and contributes to a championship or he doesn't and the Pacers pay him to sit at home instead of sitting on another contenders bench. It works either way.

kobe4thewinbang
02-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Bynum is what he is, but this is good strategy by Indiana. Addition by subtraction, unless there's a better term for it. By signing Bynum, Miami can't sign him if they were even considering it, and this is another big body to use against them.

kobe4thewinbang
02-02-2014, 11:26 AM
that's what is scary about this.

Not for nothing. The Pacers are the type of team that can make this move.

Look what Bird and Vogel did w/ Lance.

Bynum is not going to be a cancer there. That's literally new basketball town. And you have Hibbert, Hekneeme and West, who are all three capable of kicking his ***. I know West and Hibbert wit their UFC training sure can. So I'm waiting for him to f up, b/c I want to see what they can do to him.:cool:

[at practices]

Vogel: set a screen!

Drew: I ain't screening for no one, suckah

West: [triangle choke hold] watchu say? you setting dat screen?
Drew: screw you I'm leaving
West: nah I'm just gonna do this everyday till you apologize and set dat screenHaha...thank you for the hilarious imagery. Sweaty *** West with Bynum between his legs...ha. Hibbert does UFC? Man, that's like King Kong in the UFC.

kobe4thewinbang
02-02-2014, 11:27 AM
I think a Pacers vs Thunder Finals would be an awesome series, something new and different, I don't like seeing the same two teams meet in the Finals unless it's Lakers vs Celtics :)Could be interesting, I agree. Do they have anybody that can guard Durant? If Westbrook is back for this, he should have trouble charging at Hibbert and those big boys. I see Indy winning in 5 or 6.

kobe4thewinbang
02-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Going to be a great series, bring it on Pacers... we ain't scaredhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPOb3DlB7WA

Pierre The Poet
02-02-2014, 02:15 PM
If a player is good enough to pay 1 million dollars just because you're scared that he'll sign with the Heat and make them good enough to beat you then he's good enough to play...He'll do fine. He's been on two championship teams before, cancer free. He'll know this team is on a mission and he'll do fine.

Pierre The Poet
02-02-2014, 02:17 PM
Haha...thank you for the hilarious imagery. Sweaty *** West with Bynum between his legs...ha. Hibbert does UFC? Man, that's like King Kong in the UFC.

That's cute, but these are grown men. No one is gonna be fighting in practice.

LA_Raiders
02-02-2014, 09:13 PM
They just got bigger with one leg Bynum.

P&GRealist
02-02-2014, 09:21 PM
You are all idiots for using the word "cancer".

ryang
02-02-2014, 11:15 PM
And your to sensitive. For the record I didn't use the word and have had loved ones pass away from cancer.

Fnom11
02-03-2014, 12:00 AM
Like a few people have stated, if MIA didn't make a move at him then there's a very good reason. I don't see this signing worth it at all.

Fnom11
02-03-2014, 12:01 AM
You are all idiots for using the word "cancer".
Seriously?

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-03-2014, 01:08 AM
In what world does good defense and Bynum go together? Lol I hope he plays. He'll be chucking 3s and walking back on defense

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-03-2014, 01:10 AM
Like a few people have stated, if MIA didn't make a move at him then there's a very good reason. I don't see this signing worth it at all.

Miami offered him the minimum.
Like the greedy person he is (can't fault him), he chose more money.

Miami showed slight interest.

PacersForLife
02-03-2014, 01:15 AM
He'll be off the team if he tries to pull anything like chucking 3's.

Fnom11
02-03-2014, 01:15 AM
Miami offered him the minimum.
Like the greedy person he is (can't fault him), he chose more money.

Miami showed slight interest.

True but they had more to offer, somewhere between 2.5-3.5 if I'm not mistaken they still had their miniMLE. If he was serviceable I highly doubt they'd hold out on saving a few million. My guess is he's done.

Pacerlive
02-03-2014, 04:19 PM
In what world does good defense and Bynum go together? Lol I hope he plays. He'll be chucking 3s and walking back on defense
Synergy defensive stats.

Andrew Bynum 0.77 ppp opponent fg% 36.5

%Time
13.6% Isolation 0.67 ppp
28.4% post up 0.64 ppp
27.3% PnR roll man 0.58 ppp
27.3% Spot up 1.13 ppp

Rim protection via sportsvu fg% 37.6%

I guess your proving once more that you don't know what you are talking about. Well done.

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Synergy defensive stats.

%Time
13.6% Isolation 0.67 ppp
28.4% post up 0.64 ppp
27.3% Spot up 1.13 ppp

I guess your proving once more that you don't know what you are talking about. Well done.

You wanna stop gettin butthurt and rank other big men according to him?
Or are we gonna use only one defensive stat which is PPP?

blahblahyoutoo
02-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Synergy defensive stats.

%Time
13.6% Isolation 0.67 ppp
28.4% post up 0.64 ppp
27.3% Spot up 1.13 ppp

lol, all of a sudden pacer fans become bynum defenders.
just like houston fans when dwight/lin signed.

Pacerlive
02-03-2014, 06:35 PM
You wanna stop gettin butthurt and rank other big men according to him?
Or are we gonna use only one defensive stat which is PPP?
Ha.
I am just stating facts and one is that you don't know what you are talking about which is a problem on alot of your post.

Hibbert gives up 0.71 ppp in comparison
Noah 0.88 ppp
Bogut 0.83 ppp
Bosh 0.9 ppp
Howard 0.83 ppp

and in case you forgot Bynum gives up 0.77 ppp.

Rim protection Hibbert gives up 41% to his opponents, Bynum gives up 36.5%.

My suggestion next time is to add a little substance to your post rather than asking other people to eloborate why you're wrong. You may find out before you hit send and save all of us a lot of time. :D

Pacerlive
02-03-2014, 06:52 PM
I am confused.. Have Dwight and Lin been bad for the Rockets?

Sssmush
02-03-2014, 08:24 PM
remember, Bynum has two rings and has been through some playoff wars under the tutelage of Kobe.

So, if push comes to shove and the Pacers are down 2-1 or 3-2 in a tough series, Bynum will have the mental toughness to know what it takes to just go out there and play at maximum intensity every possession and win a game when it really counts.

He might've been bored and unmotivated playing in Cleveland, but when he starts to get his serious adrenaline pumping with the ECF or a title on the line... you might see something very, very different.

blahblahyoutoo
02-03-2014, 09:28 PM
I am confused.. Have Dwight and Lin been bad for the Rockets?

you misunderstand. people all of a sudden become staunch defenders of players that sign on their team, that have probably never done so before.

and for the record, I think bynum is a top 3 center when healthy and motivated.

LakerPride
02-03-2014, 09:32 PM
the signing of bynum by the pacers is to lure him away from miami... that is all there is in that move by the pacers

Pacerlive
02-03-2014, 11:49 PM
you misunderstand. people all of a sudden become staunch defenders of players that sign on their team, that have probably never done so before.

and for the record, I think bynum is a top 3 center when healthy and motivated.
Why would I care about Bynum on the Lakers, Sixers, cavs?

Unless I see him in blue and Gold then I could care less wasting my time supporting a player publicly on a forum. You think I should be a fan of every player in the nba?

My thoughts on Bynum is that he has done some really stupid things off the court and I doubt he ever regains his Laker championship form. That being said he is still pretty talented and if a poster who has spouted off ridiculous comments before spouts off ignorant opinions I will present them with some detailed facts to the contrary. If he is right then I will agree but I don't have a lot respect for dumb down one liners with no content especially if a poster does this a lot.

My thoughts on Bynum as a person haven't really haven't changed though since he was signed. He can be lazy and entitled both of which I don't like.

PacersForLife
02-04-2014, 12:03 AM

Wow I can't believe fans would defend a player that just signed with their team.... What is the world coming to.