PDA

View Full Version : When will the Nets realize..[Richard Sherman voice]: Deron Williams is a mediocre PG

KniCks4LiFe
01-31-2014, 11:48 PM
I'm mean am I right or nah?

This dude just stands around chucks a 3, mopes. Marquis Teague looked better than him. Shaun Livingston took his job. IDK how homie gets away w/ it. As an NBA fan it's insulting to watch that. We'd bake this kat if he were on the Knicks playing like that.

koreancabbage
01-31-2014, 11:52 PM
he's a system PG. we all know that. Kidd doesn't have a system.

thus, reason why Deron Williams sucks.

KniCks4LiFe
01-31-2014, 11:57 PM

Nah.. that team was hot w/ him off the floor. He back and he initiates a 3 gm. losing streak. TOR, OKC and they losing to Indy tomorrow.

It's more than just system. And Kidd was running a system w/ ball movement, high screens and drives while D-Will was down. This kat get away w/ too much crap play at PG.

SPURSFAN1
01-31-2014, 11:58 PM

Eastern teams suck in general. Not really his fault teams can't even set decent picks. Only teams that set decent picks are miami pacers and atlanta. Coincidence? i think not.

koreancabbage
02-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Nah.. that team was hot w/ him off the floor. He back and he initiates a 3 gm. losing streak. TOR, OKC and they losing to Indy tomorrow.

It's more than just system. And Kidd was running a system w/ ball movement, high screens and drives while D-Will was down. This kat get away w/ too much crap play at PG.

he didn't initiate a losing streak. all three teams are better than the Nets.

KniCks4LiFe
Eastern teams suck in general. Not really his fault teams can't even set decent picks. Only teams that set decent picks are miami pacers and atlanta. Coincidence? i think not.

how wasn't that a problem for Joe during the streak? or how about Livingston? why y'all make so much excuses for Deron Williams?

He mediocre. This is what happens when you put sorry *** mediocre PG to play on a court.

koreancabbage

add Toronto to that list. not being a homer - they are good this year. after the Gay trade of course.

KniCks4LiFe
02-01-2014, 12:03 AM
he didn't initiate a losing streak. all three teams are better than the Nets.

So you telling me his 2 TOs vs TOR wasn't a reason they loss that game? his sorry *** play tonight meant nothing? look how Joe Johnson has disappeared eversince D-Will came back. Com'on now.

koreancabbage
02-01-2014, 12:04 AM
So you telling me his 2 TOs vs TOR wasn't a reason they loss that game? his sorry *** play tonight meant nothing? look how Joe Johnson has disappeared eversince D-Will came back. Com'on now.

Joe Johnson disappears all the time. him having 7 all star appearances is a joke.

shep33
02-01-2014, 12:06 AM
He was pretty solid in the 2nd half of the year last season. I don't know if he's done, but injuries are killing his career. Things probably won't get better from here with that big frame of his.

KniCks4LiFe
02-01-2014, 12:07 AM
Joe Johnson disappears all the time. him having 7 all star appearances is a joke.

get over the Lowry snub homie. LOLS

We talking team chemistry and a PG who's been mediocre in a NY setting. And how he goes unscathed here in NYC. Melo gets trashed on a daily basis when the Knicks lose. Deron Williams gets nothing. No fan hate. No media blasting, nothing. This is a max player in NYC said to be a franchise player, playing like a mediocre 2nd string PG.

Deron Williams had 1 assist tonight. Uno. Teague comes in and outplays him.

netsgiantsyanks
02-01-2014, 12:07 AM
injuries are the reason why he's playing so "mediocre."

SPURSFAN1
02-01-2014, 12:08 AM
how wasn't that a problem for Joe during the streak? or how about Livingston? why y'all make so much excuses for Deron Williams?

He mediocre. This is what happens when you put sorry *** mediocre PG to play on a court.

Deron isn't a scoring point guard. Joe Johnson is a scorer. Deron is a facilitator, but the team can't even set decent picks. How is he supposed to work? Do you see the clippers or spurs. Tons of great picks(ex. tim duncan). They are totally different players/positions. He can't facilitate when the players are to old to even give a fawk.

netsgiantsyanks
02-01-2014, 12:08 AM

We talking team chemistry and a PG who's been mediocre in a NY setting. And how he goes unscathed here in NYC. Melo gets trashed on a daily basis when the Knicks lose. Deron Williams gets nothing. No fan hate. No media blasting, nothing. This is a max player in NYC said to be a franchise player, playing like a mediocre 2nd string PG.

blame it on his jello ankles. whenever he gets into a groove he hurts himself again. we've all seen how he played when he was healthy.

KniCks4LiFe
02-01-2014, 12:14 AM
Deron isn't a scoring point guard.

what?

Joe Johnson is a scorer. Deron is a facilitator, but the team can't even set decent picks.

How is Livingston doing good w/ these screens and picks but Deron isn't? you realize KG is the C right?

How is he supposed to work? Do you see the clippers or spurs. Tons of great picks(ex. tim duncan).

He plays w/ Kevin Garnett, one of the best pick/screen setters in the NBA. Not even Tyson Chandler can save Deron at this point.

They are totally different players/positions. He can't facilitate when the players are to old to even give a fawk.

He's been playing like a sorry *** mediocre PG.

30 mins [-21] 14 pts 1 ast 0 rebs
14 mins [+5] 7 pts 3 ast 2 rebs

Com'on now! :facepalm:

netsgiantsyanks
02-01-2014, 12:18 AM
what?

How is Livingston doing good w/ these screens and picks but Deron isn't? you realize KG is the C right?

He plays w/ Kevin Garnett, one of the best pick/screen setters in the NBA. Not even Tyson Chandler can save Deron at this point.

deron was NOT a scoring PG in utah. just because you can score doesn't mean you're a scorer.

Tony_Starks
02-01-2014, 12:18 AM
D Williams has game, he just refuses to stay in shape. He had potential to be the best PG in the game if he had the right work ethic....

netsgiantsyanks
02-01-2014, 12:19 AM
you're completely ignoring the fact that he just came off another ankle injury.

SPURSFAN1
02-01-2014, 12:22 AM
what?

19 and 10 with .45%FG for 6 years in utah. Dude could pass but not shoot good. If he had decent picks you would see him score and pass way better than this sh..t. He pass the ball and everyone tries to iso. lol

KniCks4LiFe
02-01-2014, 12:23 AM
you're completely ignoring the fact that he just came off another ankle injury.

how long does that excuse last?

D Williams has game, he just refuses to stay in shape. He had potential to be the best PG in the game if he had the right work ethic....

I'm more on THIS!

netsgiantsyanks
02-01-2014, 12:26 AM
how long does that excuse last?

I'm more on THIS!

as long as he keeps getting injured.

:eyebrow:

KniCks4LiFe
02-01-2014, 12:31 AM
as long as he keeps getting injured.

:eyebrow:

wouldn't that make him a bust? :eyebrow:

netsgiantsyanks
02-01-2014, 12:40 AM
wouldn't that make him a bust? :eyebrow:

injury prone=/=bust

besides the fact he's been overweight and he should have gotten surgery instead of playing in the olympics, you can't control injuries.

koreancabbage
02-01-2014, 12:41 AM
injury prone=/=bust

besides the fact he's been overweight and he should have gotten surgery instead of playing in the olympics, you can't control injuries.

when you're not staying in shape, thats just asking to get injured.

dtmagnet
02-01-2014, 12:46 AM

Deron Williams had 1 assist tonight. Uno. Teague comes in and outplays him.

Well I think he gets blasted less because no one cares about the Nets whereas there are a LOT of Knicks fans.

sunsfan88
02-01-2014, 12:53 AM
I bet he misses Jerry Sloan right about now.

KniCks4LiFe
02-01-2014, 12:54 AM
Well I think he gets blasted less because no one cares about the Nets whereas there are a LOT of Knicks fans.

I know. But even the small Nets coverage in NY, like no one blasts him. Only guy I hear blast him is on WFAN middays.

DallasTrilla23
02-01-2014, 01:06 AM
I bet he misses Jerry Sloan right about now.

He's been missing Sloan ever since he got traded to the nets. D-Will never got back to playing like he did in Utah. He didn't have help his first couple of yeainanity the nets and now that he's got help he's not healthy.

I was very disappointed when dallas didn't get d-will but now I'm feeling like we dodged a bullet

Cal827
02-01-2014, 01:16 AM

But, Joe's an All-Star Tho :D

To the main point, it's amazing on how much the guy has fallen off from what he used to be.

bootsy
02-01-2014, 01:42 AM
injuries are the reason why he's playing so "mediocre."

Exactly. Deron has been battling injuries pretty much since around the 12 Olympics.

JerseyPalahniuk
02-01-2014, 02:13 PM
If a back-from-injury Dwill is "mediocre", than what's healthy Raymond?

KniCks4LiFe
02-01-2014, 02:23 PM

Trash.

D-Leethal
02-01-2014, 03:42 PM
The difference between he and a guy like Melo is that Melo is as fierce a competitor as there is in this league and takes losing personally. Whether he's on the first year of a max contract or in a contract year, Melo plays inspired ball. DWill seems to accept losing and doesn't even seem like he loves to play basketball. He doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder and seems perfectly content letting every new star PG come in and leapfrog him year after year.

D-Leethal
02-01-2014, 03:43 PM

You won't find one Knicks fan who thinks Felton is anything higher than a top 25 PG at this point. Most concede he is the worst starter in the NBA, although I still think he's better than Chalmers and Jameer Nelson.

TheMightyHumph
02-01-2014, 06:12 PM
I'm mean am I right or nah?

This dude just stands around chucks a 3, mopes. Marquis Teague looked better than him. Shaun Livingston took his job. IDK how homie gets away w/ it. As an NBA fan it's insulting to watch that. We'd bake this kat if he were on the Knicks playing like that.

Word is that Deron's playing this way just to insult you.

TheMightyHumph
02-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Exactly. Deron has been battling injuries pretty much since around the 12 Olympics.

Deron was injured when Nets traded for him, and he is battling injuries ever since, although he doesn't mind playing in the offseason.

BoSox47
02-01-2014, 06:42 PM
I used to love derons game in utah, thought he was a great combo of shooting and scoring pg. But hes always been out of shape. Kind of like paul pierce build until he went to the nets ans ankle injuries got him fat. But hes fallen off hard since 10-11 season.

Only shooting .425 since joining the nets. ouch.

KniCks4LiFe
02-06-2014, 02:20 PM
*push!*

Cause tonight I know he gonna screw up and get cooked. :laugh2:

Woodrow
02-06-2014, 03:27 PM
I was pissed when the Jazz traded him. Now, not so much. The Nets essentially traded Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter, Marvin Williams (Jazz traded Devin Harris for him straight up) and Trey Burke to get D-Will. Might not look all that great right now, but in two more years it may go down as one of the biggest steals of all time.

RiceOnTheRun
02-06-2014, 04:13 PM
You won't find one Knicks fan who thinks Felton is anything higher than a top 25 PG at this point. Most concede he is the worst starter in the NBA, although I still think he's better than Chalmers and Jameer Nelson.

hnnnnggggggg..... no.

Chalmers at least has a fiery disposition and is younger/vastly more athletic/can play defense. He also has shown that he can step up when he needs to.

Felton is shooting 29% from three. At least Nelson is making a more passable 37% this season. He's also arguably playing with a worse team than the Knicks.

chitownredbulls
02-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Agree d-will sucks....

KniCks4LiFe
02-06-2014, 10:45 PM
What I told y'all about this fool. Casper. And he's affecting Joe Johnson since he's returned.

KniCks4LiFe
02-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Might as well nickname this dude Casper the friendly PG.

Never have I've seen a superstar PG disappear, top 5 before, this kat wouldn't crack top 10. Not top 1 on his team.

Duncan = Donkey
02-06-2014, 10:59 PM
3rd string Pg for the Suns, just crazy how much he has dropped off.

KniCks4LiFe
02-06-2014, 11:24 PM
this thread is going to be epic.

KniCks4LiFe
02-08-2014, 01:38 PM
So can we merge this w/ the other Casper thread? Since you now mediocre player still looks like crap out there. I can rip this dude all day.

MonroeFAN
02-08-2014, 02:40 PM

What is the connection here? One is on a fair contract for his production and is not looked at as being a great player. The other is on a max contract and was once considered a top 3 PG.

Williams is being under-rated in this topic though. He's still shooting 46% and has decent assist averages. You can tell he's not fully healthy.

KniCks4LiFe
02-08-2014, 03:04 PM
What is the connection here? One is on a fair contract for his production and is not looked at as being a great player. The other is on a max contract and was once considered a top 3 PG.

Williams is being under-rated in this topic though. He's still shooting 46% and has decent assist averages. You can tell he's not fully healthy.

You can't be serious LOLS

I hate Ray Ray w/ a passion of a thousand buried trades. He's $3.6 M for the next 3 yrs. [decent pay for a back up] but Deron LOLS. Casper the PG makes $18 M, $19 M, $20 M, $22 M over the next 4 yrs. and likely isn't worth that price and will be around closer to what Beno Udrith and DJ Augustin are as basketball players.

Nate Robinson got hurt for Denver, before that he was 10/2/1 off the bench. He's averages 2.7 mins of possession per game. That's 1/2 less than Casper. And his output is 0.29 pts. per touch. And if limited to 1/2 court it's 0.33, which = 10.4 PPG as a bench player. Casper 13.4 PPG, 0.17 pts. per touch, 1/2 court 0.21 pts. per touch, why is this important in Casper's case. B/c the Nyets aren't paying him $18M and + for the next 4 yrs. to be a lesser offensive player than Nate Robinson and equivalent to DJ Augustin.

You know damn well the Nyets didn't pay $18M for JJ Barea 2.0 here. Why does he get away w/ it? is it b/c he's lightskin? why does Casper the PG get away w/ this ish?

Put more ish into perspective, George Hill of the Indiana Pacers, who is the weak link in a championship potential roster, he's 0.16 pts. per touch, 0.20 in the 1/2 court and he's making $8 M, Deron is nowhere near $10 M more valuable than this guy, yet he's making $18M and his peak is $22 M, yet you want to come here and say Deron is underrated?

Tony_Starks
02-08-2014, 07:58 PM
It boggles my mind that dude never just knuckled down and really slimmed down. He went from big guard to just plain fat.

Says a lot about his dedication. I remember Kobe changing his diet and dropping like 15 pounds one summer and he wasn't even out of shape, just wanted to get quicker....

KniCks4LiFe
02-09-2014, 11:03 PM
9 pts. 6 asts, 4 rebs, 3 tos vs the Pelicans

Whaddup Casper! still not on the court I see. Still mediocre to near bum level of play. Even Feltdown outperformed you tonight. And he still sucks.

jmoney85
02-09-2014, 11:18 PM
you really sweat his nutsack

KniCks4LiFe
02-09-2014, 11:21 PM
don't get banned now.

TheMightyHumph
02-09-2014, 11:47 PM

Whaddup Casper! still not on the court I see. Still mediocre to near bum level of play. Even Feltdown outperformed you tonight. And he still sucks.

We got the 'W'.

We'll hope he plays better next game, if we need him to.

Did you see Mason go Plum-Loco?

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2014, 12:03 AM
We got the 'W'.

We'll hope he plays better next game, if we need him to.

I saw.

Just stick w/ Livingston. LOLS

I love that guy. He reminds me of David Lee. Infact all the numbers I have checked on this kid is very similar to what David Lee was as a rookie. Only he plays more D, and has a high % of efficiency due to most of his baskets being in the paint and on alley-oops. This kid has a lot of Blake in him. That's not an over statement, freakish athleticism, easily should be getting 2nd unit time if he can stay out of foul trouble and play the defensive sets right, which he is starting to do.

Here's one of Kidd's designed ice-out defensive sets w/ Anderson and Plumlee that led to that ridiculous dunk feed from Jet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiAGNdx6Bzg

That's something Kidd created to kill PnR options. He usually sets AK47 high on that elbow, this time in this set it's Jet, w/ Plumlee trapping both Gordon and Davis. Only team I've seen adjust to this was OKC and Indy.

mrblisterdundee
02-10-2014, 02:11 AM
It's too bad he's suffered injuries and such, but he was legitimately touted as a lesser version of Chris Paul when he first came to Brooklyn. I will eternally loathe him, though, for causing Jerry Sloan to leave coaching.

Sandman
02-10-2014, 02:15 AM
Not sure if its the system as much as it is the injuries but yeah that'll be a crappy realization when it happens

TheMightyHumph
02-10-2014, 02:26 AM
It's too bad he's suffered injuries and such, but he was legitimately touted as a lesser version of Chris Paul when he first came to Brooklyn. I will eternally loathe him, though, for causing Jerry Sloan to leave coaching.

How do you feel about Mark Jackson?

TheMightyHumph
02-10-2014, 02:27 AM
Not sure if its the system as much as it is the injuries but yeah that'll be a crappy realization when it happens

We Net fans only really are hoping that he plays likes he cares about winning.

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2014, 02:53 AM
We Net fans only really are hoping that he plays likes he cares about winning.

That in itself is the most sad part for you guys. I'd rather have someone giving their all and realizing they are just ok instead of playing like they just don't give a ****.

TheMightyHumph
02-10-2014, 03:00 AM
That in itself is the most sad part for you guys. I'd rather have someone giving their all and realizing they are just ok instead of playing like they just don't give a ****.

Hey, Deron is ours, and nobody is taking him in a deal that will benefit the Nets.

He still has game, which is obvious. Now if Kidd, Garnett and Pierce are willing to demand his best effort from him, and Kidd is willing embarrass him if he doesn't give that effort, I believe that is the way to go.

And I like him coming off the bench.

sunsfan88
02-10-2014, 03:53 AM
He still ain't better than his brother :D

TheMightyHumph
02-10-2014, 06:43 AM
He still ain't better than his brother :D

Better than Miles rookie season.

Rockice_8
02-10-2014, 10:14 AM

He played 25 min only and they were crushing NO. He only took 6 shots and hit 50% of them. He's got so much talent around him and they're playing well. Just cause he's not getting 18/10 doesn't mean he's not playing well, stop stat watching.

Go post something about your Knicks.

KniCks4LiFe
02-10-2014, 12:23 PM
He played 25 min only and they were crushing NO. He only took 6 shots and hit 50% of them. He's got so much talent around him and they're playing well. Just cause he's not getting 18/10 doesn't mean he's not playing well, stop stat watching.

Go post something about your Knicks.

He's playing like ****. He's affecting their best shooter in Joe Johnson eversince he's returned. It makes sense since he dribbles the ball an avg. 5.2 mpg this season. *correction 5.7*

Deron Williams, it's even becoming an insult to call him mediocre. 18M dollars for 6 shots and not sniffing 18/10's, that's called rooting for a loser. Lower expectations for a "superstar PG". Billy King would prolly sell you a broken down yugo and tell you it's a new age aston martin.

I do. Plenty.

sunsfan88
02-10-2014, 07:03 PM
Better than Miles rookie season.

True but Miles was stuck on one of the best teams in the league and got a total of 55 mins of playin time.

Chill_Will_24
02-10-2014, 08:04 PM
Nets need to trade him for the first deal that makes sense; and no Lin + Asik ain't it. Its not that its a bad deal. Its that both those guys are poison pill contracts and the Nets don't want any of that.

He lacks passion and leadership skills. When they are in a bad spot he never takes it upon himself to bring the Nets home. When he ****s up he had 1001 excuses and gets defensive and testy with the press instead of accepting responsibility.

Word on NetsDaily is that KG and Pierce don't like him much.

I don't see a way out for the Nets. I believe they will finish 3rd but that means little. They are essentially last years Knicks. And next year they could be this years Knicks which is pathetic.

A lot of that falls on Deron. He is a quitter. Last night Davis pwned him and Deron fell looking like he half wanted to grab his ankle in pain which is his usual copout.

Both him and Brook Lopez are bad for this team from a basketball standpoint and I pray the Nets trade them

TheMightyHumph
02-11-2014, 01:45 AM
True but Miles was stuck on one of the best teams in the league and got a total of 55 mins of playin time.

How many MPG Hibbert play last season?

TheMightyHumph
02-11-2014, 01:49 AM
Nets need to trade him for the first deal that makes sense; and no Lin + Asik ain't it. Its not that its a bad deal. Its that both those guys are poison pill contracts and the Nets don't want any of that.

Aren't Deron, Lopez, JJ and Garnett poison pill contracts. And Terry's contract may not be poison, but it's stomach churning.

Chill_Will_24
02-11-2014, 01:55 AM
Deron for $20 million or Asik + Lin for $30 million. I think I'd rather keep Deron.

I would definitely consider trading him though for the right deal

TheMightyHumph
02-11-2014, 02:22 AM
Deron for $20 million or Asik + Lin for $30 million. I think I'd rather keep Deron.

chilly, you know that Asik & Lin only count as $15 mil towards the cap, then expire.

Deron's 20 mil is on the cap, so including luxury tax, Asik & Lin are still cheaper than Deron.

Then Deron's contract goes on for another two years.

Chill, chill.

sammyvine
02-11-2014, 06:56 AM
he's done imo, i can't see him getting any better with his injury problems

i think he will be another one of those players that ''didnt want it badly'', injuries or not. i was surprised to read that he only made 3x all star teams. Thought he made at least 5, especially with his talent.

Miltstar
02-11-2014, 07:55 AM
His ship has sailed. No chance he returns to his glory days... best you can hope for now is a Vince Carter type of role player

KniCks4LiFe
02-11-2014, 05:45 PM

the common sense you miss is, Deron's contract would rake in expirings w/ that deal. And in 2015, they could go after Kyrie or Cousins or M.Gasol or Chandler Parsons.

KniCks4LiFe
02-13-2014, 02:53 AM
*Push!*

13/7, still mediocre.

TheMightyHumph
02-13-2014, 03:19 AM
*Push!*

13/7, still mediocre.

Wins aren't mediocre. Or he should just keep chucking, like 'Melo?

KniCks4LiFe
02-13-2014, 03:24 AM
Wins aren't mediocre. Or he should just keep chucking, like 'Melo?

you wish you'd have Melo instead of him.

TheMightyHumph
02-13-2014, 03:34 AM
you wish you'd have Melo instead of him.

You are stating in front of all the posters on this forum that you know very little.

John Walls Era
02-13-2014, 03:41 AM

You know that 30 million is against the cap. Your team with the billionaire owner doesn't actually have to pay 30....

John Walls Era
02-13-2014, 03:42 AM
Deron Williams was the best PG for 1 year. Its a shame that he sucks now because his crossover use to be deadly. He put JOse Calderon on skates everytime they played.

TheMightyHumph
02-13-2014, 03:51 AM
You know that 30 million is against the cap. Your team with the billionaire owner doesn't actually have to pay 30....

Asik's and Lin's contracts, added together, equal $16.7 against the cap.

They will however collect $15 Mil each

KniCks4LiFe
02-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Asik's and Lin's contracts, added together, equal $16.7 against the cap.

They will however collect $15 Mil each

what's your point?

Chill_Will_24
02-13-2014, 01:39 PM
Deron Williams was the best PG for 1 year. Its a shame that he sucks now because his crossover use to be deadly. He put JOse Calderon on skates everytime they played.

He was never the best.

Pull up Deron Williams BEST stats in each category ast% reb% to% etc. and then compare to CP3's WORST marks and you will find them comparable.

KniCks4LiFe
02-13-2014, 01:41 PM
He was never the best.

This why I appreciate you homie. You don't cookie cut.

TheMightyHumph
02-13-2014, 02:07 PM
what's your point?

It's got to do with the cap. You might not understand.

PleaseBeNice
02-13-2014, 02:16 PM
Dude is done

KniCks4LiFe
02-13-2014, 02:25 PM
It's got to do with the cap. You might not understand.

it rolls off after 2015 and puts you into position to sign a better player :laugh2:

eugene
02-13-2014, 02:39 PM
I hardly believe that Jason Kidd doesn't know how to use a PG or how the player of this position should play...

TheMightyHumph
02-13-2014, 02:40 PM
it rolls off after 2015 and puts you into position to sign a better player :laugh2:

My statement wasn't about years, it was about how much Lin & Asik would affect the cap as opposed to how much salary they would collect.

Look at the post I was responding to.

TheMightyHumph
02-13-2014, 02:42 PM
I hardly believe that Jason Kidd doesn't know how to use a PG or how the player of this position should play...

Only Kidd played like Kidd.

Not sure he can pass a lot of his knowledge down to another PG.

KniCks4LiFe
02-13-2014, 02:56 PM
My statement wasn't about years, it was about how much Lin & Asik would affect the cap as opposed to how much salary they would collect.

Look at the post I was responding to.

your point was it would affect the cap. It doesn't w/ this owner and you actually dodge a max deal you don't need.

TheMightyHumph
02-13-2014, 03:10 PM
your point was it would affect the cap. It doesn't w/ this owner and you actually dodge a max deal you don't need.

Again, look at the post I first responded to.

KniCks4LiFe
02-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Again, look at the post I first responded to.

what's the point you are trying to make about Deron vs Lin and Asik's combined contract.

KniCks4LiFe
02-13-2014, 11:32 PM
Most mediocre NBA PG

13 pts 5 dimes 6 TOs

http://i62.tinypic.com/8xka6q.png

TheMightyHumph
02-14-2014, 12:17 AM
what's the point you are trying to make about Deron vs Lin and Asik's combined contract.

Too complicated for you to understand

KniCks4LiFe
02-14-2014, 12:20 AM
Too complicated for you to understand

for me to understand what? what are you implying. You spoke how the contracts count against your cap. Trading a contract for theirs that = the same contract you replace. Their's expires after next season. The latter has 3 more yrs.

TheMightyHumph
02-14-2014, 12:58 AM
for me to understand what? what are you implying. You spoke how the contracts count against your cap. Trading a contract for theirs that = the same contract you replace. Their's expires after next season. The latter has 3 more yrs.

See. You don't understand.

KniCks4LiFe
02-14-2014, 01:16 AM
See. You don't understand.

Actually I do. You don't. You see $15M poison pill, while your PG is playing like crap and Joe Johnson clearly needs help, even KG needs help b/c when he's out you have nobody on the bigs playing D.

Lin and Asik make $15M each next season. But Only $8.5M each cost against the cap. Meaning it's not $30M against the cap, it's $16M while you're paying them $16M altogether off the cap. How is that worse than keeping Casper Williams' legs on for another 3 years?

Stunner
02-14-2014, 01:24 AM
Nets should jump at a Lin and Asik deal for Deron , KG would love it he's expressed how much he hates the 5 spot and then you can stop with this small ball crap and look like an actual team . Money isn't the problem for the nets because of their owner , but money is an is sure when you're max player isn't acting like a Max player .

KniCks4LiFe
02-14-2014, 01:34 AM
Nets should jump at a Lin and Asik deal for Deron , KG would love it he's expressed how much he hates the 5 spot and then you can stop with this small ball crap and look like an actual team . Money isn't the problem for the nets because of their owner , but money is an is sure when you're max player isn't acting like a Max player .

I'm telling you, no one holds Casper Williams responsible in NY. No one. They'll jump at Melo and a coach, but they never touch Casper Williams here in NYC. KG clearly needs help. Casper is clearly playing like he's the PG version of Andrew Bynum. If it doesn't work they clear some cap space for 15', either way, Joe Johnson has had knee tendinitis since late Jan. and the GM does nothing.

And I keep this thread here, b/c every NBA fan is quick to jump down Melo's throat, but no one saids a damn thing about Deron "Casper" Williams.

TheMightyHumph
02-14-2014, 02:06 AM
I'm telling you, no one holds Casper Williams responsible in NY. No one. They'll jump at Melo and a coach, but they never touch Casper Williams here in NYC. KG clearly needs help. Casper is clearly playing like he's the PG version of Andrew Bynum. If it doesn't work they clear some cap space for 15', either way, Joe Johnson has had knee tendinitis since late Jan. and the GM does nothing.

And I keep this thread here, b/c every NBA fan is quick to jump down Melo's throat, but no one saids a damn thing about Deron "Casper" Williams.

'Casper' plays for Brooklyn, not New York.

KniCks4LiFe
02-14-2014, 02:19 AM
'Casper' plays for Brooklyn, not New York.

Jesus...

TheMightyHumph
02-14-2014, 02:51 AM
Jesus...

Nets are considering him in the 2nd round.

Supposedly he had a great season in the Vatican League, after jumping from the Israeli League.

RollingWave
02-14-2014, 05:18 AM
I'm one of the bigger Lin fans out there but there's no way trading him with Deron would solve the Net's problem(s)

Deron is regressing, a lot of PG regress after early career, you can even argue that Chris Paul's best days are already behind him, but your exaggerating the degree of which he's regressing.

The Nets issue more than anything else is simply stability and a system, the former won't get there with them making huge trades all the time, the later... well.. I don't know what's really happening with Kidd so I won't speculate.

KniCks4LiFe
02-14-2014, 12:10 PM
I'm one of the bigger Lin fans out there but there's no way trading him with Deron would solve the Net's problem(s)

Deron is regressing, a lot of PG regress after early career, you can even argue that Chris Paul's best days are already behind him, but your exaggerating the degree of which he's regressing.

The Nets issue more than anything else is simply stability and a system, the former won't get there with them making huge trades all the time, the later... well.. I don't know what's really happening with Kidd so I won't speculate.

Unbelievable so now Kidd is the problem? Coach of the month for the start of 2014 is the problem, beat teams like Miami, OKC, Golden State, nearly stoled one from Indy in Indy w/ his under performing star PG, and had his "star" PG cough the game up against TOR LOLS, Kidd is the problem? LOLS

The excuses for Casper continues!!!! It's the team, he lost Lopez, he's still hurt, he's gonna explode in the 2nd half, it's the coach!!!

Casper Williams is the problem! KG and PP have improved from sub players to actual contributors to the starting line up!

You have PP actually playing like a starter, Joe Johnson was playing like an allstar in January [coincidentally when Casper wasn't there] KG has actually made the Nets defense a top 3 defense in the league!!! Mirza stepped up, Blatche stepped up! Livingston outplayed him as a starting PG. At what point does Casper absorb the blame?

What is it that NBA fans love about this guy? how can one say that trading him wouldn't make the Nets better when they would actually add components from the deal that would contribute on both sides of the ball if the proposed Lin/Asik deal were still on the table. :laugh2:

The excuses :laugh2:

85BearsDefense
02-14-2014, 12:37 PM
The Nets team is in trouble. Boston is going to be a powerhouse again really soon. If I'm the Nets I go into the playoffs hope for Miami in the 1st give it everything I have, probably take the series to 6 games. Then fire sale in the offseason trade EVERYONE.

KniCks4LiFe
02-14-2014, 12:39 PM
The Nets team is in trouble. Boston is going to be a powerhouse again really soon. If I'm the Nets I go into the playoffs hope for Miami in the 1st give it everything I have, probably take the series to 6 games. Then fire sale in the offseason trade EVERYONE.

You sound like a competent GM. There aren't those in NYC basketball. :laugh2:

ghettosean
02-14-2014, 02:27 PM
Deron must wake up each night sweating screaming for Sloan to come back... lol