PDA

View Full Version : Does Dwight Howard move like Red Foxx ?

Sssmush
01-31-2014, 11:41 PM
The only reason I am jerk enough to mention this is because I realize the amount of discontent this *** clown managed to create in LA by saying after he left that he "wanted Phil" all along.

So here goes: I can't help but noticing that Dwight Howard now moves/runs like Red Fox in Sanford and Son, all rickety and bow-legged.

Utter ripoff that Davis, Cousins or Duncan not going to all star game for the West.

RLundi
02-01-2014, 02:52 AM
Sour grapes sure are sour.

stawka
02-01-2014, 03:00 AM
Great thread

Sssmush
02-01-2014, 04:04 AM
yeah... I was just noticing that there is so much unrest in the Laker forum and the Laker fanbase... all this stuff about Phil blah blah blah. And I was thinking about it, what a freakin' joke that this guy Dwight Howard as he leaves had to stir up all this stupid controversy by lying and pretending that he WOULD'VE stayed in LA if only they had hired Phil Jackson. As if he still wouldn't have had a dozen excuses to leave and wasn't already set and ready to go to Houston. It's just laughable, and now offseason bandwagoners like Magic use that as an argument against Dantoni and Jim Buss.

But yeah I was just notcing... I mean Dwight gets this look out there when he's playing now like "what am I even doing out here" or something. Look I said before the season the Rockets had ZERO chance of making the Finals this year, despite all the pundits picking them as title favorites or contenders, and from where I sit I think their odds have actually even gone down somewhat. Anyways, I always thought he was a talented player and a good competitor, most of the time, and I don't mean to be negative but I just can't help but snark a bit right now. Tracing back to all the drama leaving Orlando, it's just unreal that he came to LA with even more drama after two years, and then he immediately leaves LA after one season and manages to badmouth Kobe, Dantoni, Jim Buss, Kupchak and the entire team on the way out the door. And, uh, he's just like *meh*. I mean would anybody even consider trading Kyrie, Lillard, Davis, Melo, Johnson, Love, Griffin, Cousins, Aldridge for this guy? I mean seriously would OKC even consider sending Ibaka and Lamb for him? It's just irks me that after all this three years of prima drama it is all just so meh-diocre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nfgZX92cKg

Sssmush
02-01-2014, 04:13 AM
But yeah... I'm a jerk. I shouldn't have posted this. Dwight is probably just still recovering from whatever injuries he had two years ago and will probably be much better next year.

I don't know why I'm so negative. This is a crap thread everybody is right.

I'm really enjoying this Laker season there is a lot of fresh talent and enthusiasm--I guess what really pisses me off is all the weirdo Laker fans obsessing on Jim Buss, even though everybody knows in their thick skulls that this is just a rebuilding/tank year at this point. And Magic is out there on the goddam tonight show telling Jay Leno he's so disappointed the Lakers aren't out there winning championships right now, and wah why didn't they hire Phil. It's just unbearably idiotic at this point.

c.c.
02-01-2014, 04:21 AM
This thread should be closed

Drummond#1
02-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Could have been a top ten GOAT big. Now he's just a punch line.

Sssmush
02-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Could have been a top ten GOAT big. Now he's just a punch line.

Yeah... The dude totally should've stayed in Orlando. His clumsy desperation to get out of Orlando seems ridiculous now. And he would've made 10-20 million more dollars with no state tax and better marketing image.

Sssmush
02-01-2014, 03:04 PM
I mean check that, he couldve made MORE. He couldve signed the max max extension before the new CBA for way more.

James Harden must feel like Burt Wonderstone stuck doing the same show every night in Vegas

P&GRealist
02-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Phil in his interview with Rick Fox came out and said that since the 2009 Finals, Dwight's entire game, both offensively and defensively. He said that he's made no improvements in his post game over the last 4 1/2 yrs and that his defense isn't what it used to be.

Mr_Jones
02-01-2014, 03:44 PM
He's still a stellar defensive player but I don't think that would be enough for me to have him on the team. In most cases, you don't even need a big who can post to be effective. That's all Dwight wants to do and he's not good at it.

I'd rather a big who knows his limits.

eDush
02-01-2014, 03:47 PM
yeah... I was just noticing that there is so much unrest in the Laker forum and the Laker fanbase... all this stuff about Phil blah blah blah. And I was thinking about it, what a freakin' joke that this guy Dwight Howard as he leaves had to stir up all this stupid controversy by lying and pretending that he WOULD'VE stayed in LA if only they had hired Phil Jackson. As if he still wouldn't have had a dozen excuses to leave and wasn't already set and ready to go to Houston. It's just laughable, and now offseason bandwagoners like Magic use that as an argument against Dantoni and Jim Buss.

But yeah I was just notcing... I mean Dwight gets this look out there when he's playing now like "what am I even doing out here" or something. Look I said before the season the Rockets had ZERO chance of making the Finals this year, despite all the pundits picking them as title favorites or contenders, and from where I sit I think their odds have actually even gone down somewhat. Anyways, I always thought he was a talented player and a good competitor, most of the time, and I don't mean to be negative but I just can't help but snark a bit right now. Tracing back to all the drama leaving Orlando, it's just unreal that he came to LA with even more drama after two years, and then he immediately leaves LA after one season and manages to badmouth Kobe, Dantoni, Jim Buss, Kupchak and the entire team on the way out the door. And, uh, he's just like *meh*. I mean would anybody even consider trading Kyrie, Lillard, Davis, Melo, Johnson, Love, Griffin, Cousins, Aldridge for this guy? I mean seriously would OKC even consider sending Ibaka and Lamb for him? It's just irks me that after all this three years of prima drama it is all just so meh-diocre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nfgZX92cKg

Lakers still wanted DH12 to resign cause he is that good otherwise they would have traded him for draft picks during the deadline or work with another team in a trade that would benefit the Lakers. Stubborn to a fault eh.

Chronz
02-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Phil in his interview with Rick Fox came out and said that since the 2009 Finals, Dwight's entire game, both offensively and defensively. He said that he's made no improvements in his post game over the last 4 1/2 yrs and that his defense isn't what it used to be.
Phil doesn't know what hes talking about, yes Dwight has declined, but when you make blanket statements like that, you gloss over the very real improvements Dwight was making before the injury struck

P&GRealist
02-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Phil doesn't know what hes talking about, yes Dwight has declined, but when you make blanket statements like that, you gloss over the very real improvements Dwight was making before the injury struck

What improvements was Dwight really making since the 2009 finals?

I would probably agree with the notion that he was better defensively each year until his injury in 2012, but offensively, he was getting worse and worse. His FT% was around 57%+ when he got to the finals, and then steadily declined over 3 yr span down to 49%!

goku
02-01-2014, 05:07 PM
another lakers fan complaining about howard yawn should be upset the lakers didn't trade him instead of hoping the LA would be the reason he stayed

DubbyDubbs
02-01-2014, 05:09 PM
What does the Foxx say?

Mr_Jones
02-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Lakers still wanted DH12 to resign cause he is that good otherwise they would have traded him for draft picks during the deadline or work with another team in a trade that would benefit the Lakers. Stubborn to a fault eh.

I think Lakers fans knew what kind of baggage was involved, but were set on the idea of having DWIGHT HOWARD, the dominant center. They figured he would get better as he got healthier, and that has happened, however not to the extent that everyone thought. He still has the same issues that he had in LA.

But after he left I feel that the vast majority of Lakers fans were somewhat happy (or at least not upset) that Dwight had left. I personally was OK with it, but still, the idea of having a name as big as Dwight's was the reason I wanted him. After I analyzed it from a pure basketball stance, I realized he wasn't a fit here and he was not someone that I'd want to be a franchise player on my team. I'm gay. I feel that he would be in a better position if he realized that he will not be a post-up big. That's just not who he is. He, and his team (whichever team that may be) would benefit from him acknowledging that.

Chronz
02-01-2014, 06:00 PM
What improvements was Dwight really making since the 2009 finals?

I would probably agree with the notion that he was better defensively each year until his injury in 2012, but offensively, he was getting worse and worse. His FT% was around 57%+ when he got to the finals, and then steadily declined over 3 yr span down to 49%!
49% was actually the injury year. Hes consistently been around 59-60% for like 6 years before that.

His post game (facing up and backing down) and passing out of the post was more effective, he wasn't as reliant on the PnR and was becoming something resembling a go-to-option. The offense wasn't necessarily at its best that way but it was a strong offense none the less. Certainly something he wasn't capable in his youth, check out what he did in the playoffs vs the Hawks in their first round loss. Dude was a beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mw1ttspuLY

Its not so much about the highlights but notice how Hubie gushes over the improvements Dwight has made in his game in one of the very first plays. If you look up the synergy statistics over the years, they back his assertions about Dwight's post game being more and more effective. That tends to happen alot with Hubie's analysis.

The back injury took more than just his quickness away, its changed the way he backs down as well, hes not as willing to take that upper body contact as much, doesn't throw his body around with the same dexterity, this would effect ANYONES post game, even Dream stopped looking so magical when he got slow.

mightybosstone
02-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Can a mod please close this nonsense? Do we really need a new Dwight hate thread every ****ing week in here? It's getting old really quickly.

goku
02-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Can a mod please close this nonsense? Do we really need a new Dwight hate thread every ****ing week in here? It's getting old really quickly.

+1

Mr_Jones
02-01-2014, 07:10 PM

LionsFan..LOL
02-01-2014, 09:44 PM

Done.