PDA

View Full Version : Should DMC and AD be on the All-Star team over Dirk?

JasonJohnHorn
01-31-2014, 02:44 PM
Dirk is having an AMAZING shooting season and has taken the Mavs, who frankly were epxected to be lottery bound, into playoff position.

DMC is posted 22/11 and leading all C's in steals, but his team is well under .500

Anthony Davis is posting 20/10 and leading the league in blocks, but his team is also under .500

Let's here both sides to this one. I love all these guys and wish the All-Star team would make room for 15 players instead of 12, but hey.... what can you do.

OKC
01-31-2014, 02:54 PM
Anthony Davis is not only an all-star, he is a also a top 10 player in this league right now.

ManRam
01-31-2014, 02:58 PM
The West is real tough. You could argue all 3 have been top-10 players this year. Hopefully AD makes it to replace Kobe. Cousins over Dirk? He's probably a tad more deserving but the bad team thing dooms him. But Dirk has been playing at an all-star level, I'm not mad he's there. It's splitting hairs IMO. Wish some of them could spill over and replace some of those East guards or something.

Jamiecballer
01-31-2014, 03:06 PM
The people picking the teams probably figure Dirk is in his last go-around and Anthony Davis will have tons of appearances down the line.

Cousins i don't think has as compelling a case.

ricky recon
01-31-2014, 03:10 PM
Like you said, Dirk has been amazing. He has the best TS% of the bunch, and is tied in WS with Davis. He's on the more relevant team, and quite frankly coaches respect him for what he is: One of the top 2 or 3 half-court offensive players in the league. His 38-17 game against Houston probably sealed the deal on Wednesday.

True Sports Fan
01-31-2014, 03:11 PM
Cousins should be an all star, but small market/poor record contribute.

tredigs
01-31-2014, 03:14 PM
Tie goes to the legend, but I would've liked to see AD on the All Star Team. 0 issues with Dirk there, though. He earned it.

Surprised Duncan's name is not in the OP. Quietly crushing it as well.