PDA

View Full Version : Just Give OKC The Championship

RocketLoc80
01-31-2014, 04:59 AM
Nobody is beating them in a seven game series

shep33
01-31-2014, 05:02 AM
I dunno about that. When they get Westbrook back, I think they'll be the favorites, but Indiana matches up very well with them, and lets not just throw the Heat out of the conversation after one game.

The west is no joke either. The road to the Finals out west is going to be grueling. The Thunder can realistically play teams like Memphis, the Clips then the Spurs in rounds 1, 2, and the WCF before playing Miami/Indy.

That's an insanely difficult road to the Finals, where anything can happen. Plus if Westbrook has a knee issue going forward, I honestly don't see them winning the western conference let alone an NBA title without him.

jerellh528
01-31-2014, 05:09 AM
Don't forget about Indiana.

tredigs
01-31-2014, 05:09 AM
I know you're semi trolling, but to answer this seriously - they play in the West... there are scenarios (even if they are 100%) that they lose in the 1st round.

Their overall title chances are probably at around 35-40%.

seikou8
01-31-2014, 05:12 AM
great argument let me try knicks are not losing to any more bad teams it does work :rolleyes:

amos1er
01-31-2014, 05:12 AM
I'd rather watch the games thank you.

5ass
01-31-2014, 05:22 AM
I'd rather watch the games thank you.

no no lets just stop all the games. OP why dont you send Stern a letter?

Duncan = Donkey
01-31-2014, 06:07 AM
Where i have heard this before:rolleyes:

bholly
01-31-2014, 08:33 AM
So that makes OKC the second team this month to get "why even bother with the rest of the season" status. I wonder who's next?

OP - have you ever seen the playoffs before? It's not nearly as predictable as you think. Plenty of great great teams have lost in the playoffs. Nobody is ever a sure thing.

Eagles710
01-31-2014, 08:45 AM
First of all the heat aren't even playing yet
The Pacers are as REAL as they come
were not even at the ASG yet
Whats your deal ? lol

Burkey3472
01-31-2014, 08:47 AM
Who is to say Westbrook comes back healthy? The guy has had 3 knee surgeries in the last calender year. Without a healthy Westbrook they aren't coming out of the West.

t_money25
01-31-2014, 08:53 AM
PSD should screen posters before they're allowed to create threads....

NYKnickFanatic
01-31-2014, 09:11 AM
I think Knicks have a chance.

They are back!

Of course you would bring the Knicks into this, cornball.

FYL_McVeezy
01-31-2014, 10:15 AM

LOL...

There always has to be someone on PSD to make an outlandish statement such as this with more than 1/2 of the season to go....

Just let the season play out for ****s sake :facepalm:

FYL_McVeezy
01-31-2014, 10:15 AM

They are back!

Lame....

Ill21
01-31-2014, 10:30 AM

They are back!

Great contribution!

Chrisclover
01-31-2014, 10:47 AM
Tbh, i really doubt whether KD can keep this level of performance until Westbrook comes back healthily. Injury is always looming behind the backs of players,waiting to catch players off guard . Probably not many people anticipated Westbrook would get hurt this badly by the bumping of a random Rockets player. Before that, he was the invulnerable iron man who had never missed a single game , pre season games included .Then he had to undergo the process of rehab, though came back but before long he fell down again and has not returned yet.
KD is a leader, which is proven by his on court and off court performance. It also gains him some strength to challenge the dominance of LBJ. You can see the KD vs LBJ threads pop up every so often.
If Westbrook comes back sound and quickly enough, their chance of winning a championship is also debatable. If not, it will increase the chance of KD getting hurt and end up leading them to a second round trip just like last year

EL_MACHETE
01-31-2014, 11:19 AM

Ight I'm s die hard Okc fan but Dude STFU!

The season isn't even done yet. Anything can happen.

But like always Go OKC! :)

Big Zo
01-31-2014, 11:23 AM
Memphis tho...

kobebabe
01-31-2014, 11:32 AM
We've heard that before. It's not the first time your darling OKC has made us all believe they are the team to beat only to get bounced. You have to realize to get the championship it's a combination of factors; not just playing well in the regular season. Health, matchups, travelling and Luck all play a huge role. Health might be a problem with them if Russell is not 100% and Match-ups in the west are not easy by any stretch. Indy/Miami are not easy teams to play either. So chill

Cal827
01-31-2014, 11:48 AM
Raptors can take them easily. Hell, we were the first to beat them on their Home Court when they were Healthy :D

Dade County
01-31-2014, 11:58 AM

:laugh2: ... and you've been conned.

I really hope congress or someone with high authority exposes this one day, I am tired of innocent sports fans being deceived and manipulated.

ManRam
01-31-2014, 12:06 PM
Yup. The best team at the end of January ALWAYS wins it all!

3RDASYSTEM
01-31-2014, 02:17 PM
Or the headline could read

'just give OKC a first round matchup with GRIZZ and watch all the same dummies who claim he is the mvp now saying what happen to his PER/WS/efficiency

it reminds me of watching BARRY SANDERS/IVERSON and they could go ham in regular season but come playoff time they were getting 9 in the box and JORDAN/WILT rules thrown at them, it's how I saw it playing out last year until playoffs arrived, and it proved me right

same with BRON in 07', he went ham especially against DETROIT to reach FINALS then we all saw what SPURS did to him in FINALS

that's how I look at KD now based on seeing it happen in the past to some of my favorite(and best) players all time in every sport

MonroeFAN
01-31-2014, 02:21 PM
If the playoffs started tomorrow, I would have an easier time believing all of this. KD won't keep it up for ever, and without KD going off like he has they're no better than the team that lost to Miami. (some, most, would argue they're not as good).

MonroeFAN
01-31-2014, 02:22 PM

They are back!

Why is this allowed to go on here?

lol, please
01-31-2014, 03:06 PM

If by OKC you mean the Warriors, then I agree. Just give them the championship, no one is beating them in 7 games.

Nick O
01-31-2014, 03:13 PM
what a stupid thread.

EL_MACHETE
01-31-2014, 03:31 PM
This is something I hate about PSD, Theirs always gonna be some mook creating a new account just to get other fan bases to bash their teams..

To: RocketLoc80
Get off Okc's dick, We don't need your support *****

EL_MACHETE
01-31-2014, 03:34 PM
what a stupid thread.

This ^

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-31-2014, 05:43 PM
If it's just Durant still come playoff time, I'd have to think a team like San Antonio, Golden State, or Houston would knock them out in either the second or third round. It'd basically be LeBron in Cleveland all over again.