PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the #1 pick in the 2014 NBA draft

nyKnicks126
01-30-2014, 06:18 PM
I know that the NBA draft is 5 months away or so but I wanted to see what your opinions were about the topic. I know this also depends upon what team gets the #1 pick.. But as of now who would you pick as the #1 pick in the 2014 NBA draft?

xxplayerxx23
01-30-2014, 06:20 PM
Wiggins

nyKnicks126
01-30-2014, 06:23 PM
Wiggins has the potential definitely..

NYCkid12
01-30-2014, 06:36 PM
I'll be honest I've been disappointed with Wiggins so far. I'd say Jabari Parker.

I know Wiggins has monster potential but I haven't seen it consitently yet.

Like you said, it depends on the team but you could make a case for a few players ......Embid, Wiggins, Parker, or even Exum

ManRam
01-30-2014, 06:39 PM
I'll be honest I've been disappointed with Wiggins so far. I'd say Jabari Parker.

I know Wiggins has monster potential but I haven't seen it consitently yet.

But does that matter? He's an 18 year old. Who cares what he is NOW. What matters is what he'll be 3-4+ years from now.

I still think it should be Wiggins. I still think he has the most star potential. But I don't think you can go wrong with either him, Parker or Embiid.

Bishnoff
01-30-2014, 06:44 PM
It all depends on who nominates. I'd go with Jabari followed by Embiid IF they both nominate. If they don't, Wiggins and Exum are in the mix.

NYCkid12
01-30-2014, 06:45 PM
But does that matter? He's an 18 year old. Who cares what he is NOW. What matters is what he'll be 3-4+ years from now.

I still think it should be Wiggins. I still think he has the most star potential. But I don't think you can go wrong with either him, Parker or Embiid.

I understand your point, and as far as the Magic are concerned (I know your a fan too that's why I bring em up), I think Wiggins or Parker is this best fit.

I guess another concern I have with Wiggins is his lack of agressiveness at times on the offensive end. I don't know if it's just him trying to fit into Kansas system or what but I don't see that killer instinct at times.

Sly Guy
01-30-2014, 06:55 PM
I see parker going #1. I see wiggins sliding undeservedly in the draft, but he'll have the greater pro career.

NoahH
01-30-2014, 06:56 PM
Depends who has the #1 pick..

Bucks - Jabari Parker
Orlando - Wiggins
Philadelphia - Wiggins
Boston - Embiid / Randle
Utah - Randle
Cavs -don't have a shot at it, but if it was the Cavs id expect a major stretch... say Doug McDermott ?

NYCkid12
01-30-2014, 06:59 PM
I see parker going #1. I see wiggins sliding undeservedly in the draft, but he'll have the greater pro career.

How far do you see him dropping ? Because I can't see him slip past 5

Kaner
01-30-2014, 07:05 PM
I'd go Embiid, then Wiggins, then parker although I've only seen 2 games of each. I really like what I've seen of embiid so far he already looks very good both offensively and defensively. Hasn't Embiid only been playing basketball for like 2-3 years too?

abe_froman
01-30-2014, 07:14 PM
way,way,way too early to have any real idea...though i'd say embiid(and maybe parker) has probably overtaken wiggins for now.but again,way too early to know,that can definitely change

Rentzias
01-30-2014, 07:17 PM

Bucks - Jabari Parker
Orlando - Wiggins
Philadelphia - Wiggins
Boston - Embiid / Randle
Utah - Randle
Cavs -don't have a shot at it, but if it was the Cavs id expect a major stretch... say Doug McDermott ?

Nuggets - Wiggins

CELTICS4LYFE
01-30-2014, 07:29 PM
Parker or Embiid

JEDean89
01-30-2014, 08:26 PM
Wiggins and Embiid have the highest upside followed closely by Exum and Vonleh. All have the hyperprototypical physical tools at their positions, excellent size, elite athleticism long wingspans, the ability to shoot and score at the rim and to hit free throws. Those are my top 4 followed by Parker, Randle, Smart and Gordon.

Since Embiid and Wiggins have near equal upside as they both can be elite two way forces the player that stands out over the next 2 months and at the combine will earn the #1, the other will be #2. If Wiggins starts consistently dropping 20 ppg he will probably go #1. Might depend on who drafts him though.

I love Parker too and he will likely average 18+ ppg his rookie year and get ROY but the guy doesn't have the two way potential that some of these other guys do and at the end of the day defense is just as important. Randle has had a huge knock on his stock because of his defensive potential.

Kyben36
01-30-2014, 08:40 PM
Parker has too much to go anything other than number 1, honestly, passing on him could be the 2nd bigest mistake since passing on Durrant

DreamShaker
01-30-2014, 09:19 PM

Bucks - Jabari Parker
Orlando - Wiggins
Philadelphia - Wiggins
Boston - Embiid / Randle
Utah - Randle

Lol at the Cavs. Them and their drafting of total stretches. They could have such a ridiculous team right now if they weren't totally clueless.

NBA_Starter
01-30-2014, 11:15 PM
I think Embiid will be regardless of what Parker does.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-30-2014, 11:21 PM
As of right now? Probably Embiid because how much centers are valued and that there's no consensus number one. Although, I wouldn't be surprised to see if Wiggins has a strong couple of months here to take back that one spot.

kobebabe
01-30-2014, 11:37 PM
I would Take Parker right now but I think Wiggin will end up with a better NBA career. Embiid looks good but for some reasons he reminds me a lot about Thabeet who looked great in college but sucks in NBA.

Ill21
01-30-2014, 11:38 PM
Parker or Embiid

kobebabe
01-30-2014, 11:39 PM
As of right now? Probably Embiid because how much centers are valued and that there's no consensus number one. Although, I wouldn't be surprised to see if Wiggins has a strong couple of months here to take back that one spot.

Unfortunately not currently. It's a small ball league

Ill21
01-30-2014, 11:39 PM

I was just thinking this too.

If Wiggins has a huge month of march i can see his stock rising

dhopisthename
01-30-2014, 11:40 PM

Bucks - Jabari Parker
Orlando - Wiggins
Philadelphia - Wiggins
Boston - Embiid / Randle
Utah - Randle

according to chad ford if parker came out and the jazz had the #1 it would be lock the jazz would take him

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-30-2014, 11:49 PM
according to chad ford if parker came out and the jazz had the #1 it would be lock the jazz would take him

Why does he say that? Just because he is Mormon? That would be silly

jerellh528
01-31-2014, 12:19 AM
Embiid due to the rarity of a guy his size being dominant defensively and having a lot of potential offensively as well. Alls I know is if I had the first pick as GM I'd have grey hairs from possibly making one of the biggest mistakes in nba history if either one of wiggins, Parker, Embiid, exum turn out great and having to choose between them. My order would probably be Wiggins, Embiid, exum, Parker, lavine, smart, randle, hood.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-31-2014, 12:29 AM
I bet GM'S are hoping for the third pick. I am sure they wouldn't mind whoever falls in their lap and they wont be judged if that guy doesn't work out. But if you miss like Portland did twice with Bowie and Oden, you will have to wear that forever.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-31-2014, 12:31 AM
Embiid due to the rarity of a guy his size being dominant defensively and having a lot of potential offensively as well. Alls I know is if I had the first pick as GM I'd have grey hairs from possibly making one of the biggest mistakes in nba history if either one of wiggins, Parker, Embiid, exum turn out great and having to choose between them. My order would probably be Wiggins, Embiid, exum, Parker, lavine, smart, randle, hood.

Not saying this will happen, but what if Embiid is the next Bowie or Oden and someone misses out on the next Jordan or Durant? It could happen again

flea
01-31-2014, 12:37 AM
It looks like any of Parker/Wiggins/Embiid will be a good choice, no matter which one, at this point. I imagine that won't change very much before June. All 3 are good enough to where any lottery team could basically just take their favorite, regardless of need.

jsthornton7
01-31-2014, 04:13 AM
I think Wiggins is going to be a star. It would be nice to see him drive to the lane more and not shy away from contact though.