PDA

View Full Version : Cavs to be major players at the trade deadline, in an effort to keep Irving happy

KniCks4LiFe
01-30-2014, 03:18 PM
Chad Ford (1:05 PM)

Virtually every GM in the league believes that Grant will be gone this summer if things don't get turned around this season. He doesn't have much time. The thinking is that there's no way Dan Gilbert is going to let him make another lottery pick if that's the direction the Cavs end up heading. Grant's goal (via his owner) is to get this team competitive and into the playoffs. The Deng move was supposed to help. But so far ... nothing. Chemistry is a major issue there and some of that is on Mike Brown. But more of it is on the collection of players in Cleveland at the moment. Something has to happen quick. Kyrie Irving has been telling people privately he wants out. Cleveland can't afford to lose him and LeBron. They know the urgency. I expect them to be major players at the deadline.

I mean what could they do? Make a run at Gasol? I mean Gilbert really hasn't... I mean what can they realistically do?

NYKnickFanatic
01-30-2014, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luNsU3lHtPQ

D-Leethal
01-30-2014, 03:23 PM
Kyrie has his eyes on more than winning - there was an article a couple years back saying how he is one of the future "pitch men" for the NBA, the guy who has a knack for shining in commercials and all that. He has his eyes on global stardom not just winning. Can't knock the hustle. Build your brand home boy.

Ezio
01-30-2014, 03:27 PM
Don't blame Irving at all. How many picks after him have the Cavs whiffed on?

JEDean89
01-30-2014, 03:31 PM
^^^ basically every single one. taking dion waiters over guys like drummond and barnes was a disgrace, taking thompson at 4, bennet #1, they failed big time. i still think he stays because of the money incentive but i wouldn't be shocked if he left.

Arch Stanton
01-30-2014, 03:31 PM
They will probably need to look for best offer for Kyrie. Unfortunately, they won't get fair value. I expect a panic trade from Gilbert/Grant as they try to keep Kyrie happy. Then it ultimately blowing up in their faces.

Arch Stanton
01-30-2014, 03:32 PM
^^^ basically every single one. taking dion waiters over guys like drummond and barnes was a disgrace, taking thompson at 4, bennet #1, they failed big time. i still think he stays because of the money incentive but i wouldn't be shocked if he left.

Waiters has outplayed Barnes thus far.

KniCks4LiFe
01-30-2014, 03:32 PM
Don't blame Irving at all. How many picks after him have the Cavs whiffed on?

countless. Oh god they still have Anthony Bennett.

jsthornton7
01-30-2014, 03:34 PM
I mean what could they do? Make a run at Gasol? I mean Gilbert really hasn't... I mean what can they realistically do?

That ship has sailed... Varejao would have to be included (salary match) and Lakers would want at least a 1st round pick to get back to the negotiating table.

WITZ
01-30-2014, 03:34 PM
Well find out soon enough if this is true. If he truly wants out he shouldn't sign the extension after his rookie contract is up take the Qualifying offer for 1 year and he can bounce. Than again this is espn so i wouldn't be surprised if its bull.

colinskik
01-30-2014, 03:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luNsU3lHtPQ

That's just so unfair. Whoever forced that kid to say that should be ashamed.

KniCks4LiFe
They will probably need to look for best offer for Kyrie. Unfortunately, they won't get fair value. I expect a panic trade from Gilbert/Grant as they try to keep Kyrie happy. Then it ultimately blowing up in their faces.

The logical thing to do is package Tristan Thompson and Verajao, and go get Gasol or Monroe. You got one year to flip it around that's it.

NYKnickFanatic

When? The first half of this season?

KniCks4LiFe
01-30-2014, 03:39 PM
That ship has sailed... Varejao would have to be included (salary match) and Lakers would want at least a 1st round pick to get back to the negotiating table.

I think they'd trade that pick. It's not like they are hitting on draft picks.

1st rd. pick, Waiters, Verajao and Thompson, I mean the Lakers would get young assets, they can waive Verajao.

Stunner
01-30-2014, 03:39 PM

Yea no it's about almost even now because Iggy is messing with Barnes development

Stunner
01-30-2014, 03:40 PM

1st rd. pick, Waiters, Verajao and Thompson, I mean the Lakers would get young assets, they can waive Verajao.

All of that for Gasol ? lol

jsthornton7
01-30-2014, 03:44 PM

Exactly right. It makes no sense for CLE to use their draft picks, they are obviously incapable of making the right decision when given a high pick.

If CLE offered us what you proposed, LA would jump at it. I could never imagine any CLE fan wanting to do that trade.

WITZ
01-30-2014, 03:44 PM

:laugh2: People call the cavs organization dumb now imagine if they did that trade for a rental of Gasol and he leaves in the offseason now the cavs are out 3 young players. If the lakers get any offer like that for gasol they deserve a round of applause.

Stunner
01-30-2014, 03:45 PM
Three trades maybe possible

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kmzfzno and a future 1st leaving Cle

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mw3eeym and a 1st from this year leaving Cle

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lvqv6cd Phx sending a 1st this year to Cle

Arch Stanton
01-30-2014, 03:46 PM

Dion Waiters PER in 2012-13 | 13.77
Harrison Barnes PER in 2012-13 | 11.08

Dion Waiters in 2013-14 | 12.25
Harrison Barnes in 13-14 | 9.98

Now Barnes might be a better fit, but to say they whiffed on not taking Barnes is laughable.

NYKnickFanatic
01-30-2014, 03:47 PM
That's just so unfair. Whoever forced that kid to say that should be ashamed.

Haha, I know. Like what else is Kyrie supposed to say.

KniCks4LiFe
01-30-2014, 03:49 PM
All of that for Gasol ? lol

Yep.

Exactly right. It makes no sense for CLE to use their draft picks, they are obviously incapable of making the right decision when given a high pick.

If CLE offered us what you proposed, LA would jump at it. I could never imagine any CLE fan wanting to do that trade.

:laugh2: People call the cavs organization dumb now imagine if they did that trade for a rental of Gasol and he leaves in the offseason now the cavs are out 3 young players. If the lakers get any offer like that for gasol they deserve a round of applause.

The whole point is. They are $63M in already. They can't improve w/o trading assets and people forget they still have to resign Deng. If they don't trade assets to acquire a talent like Gasol or Monroe, something. They are going to lose Irving. The key here is build a team that would keep Irving from leaving. Gasol is a championship experienced veteran. He and Irving would help CLE become a better team.

jsthornton7
01-30-2014, 03:49 PM
Two trades maybe possible

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kmzfzno and a future 1st leaving Cle

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mw3eeym and a 1st from this year leaving Cle

Lakers wouldn't want Bennett.

Earl Clark would be more valuable since he is non-guaranteed in 2015. LA would do Varejao + Clark + 1st. Or if it's really important to Kyrie to get rid of Waiters, then Waiters instead of Clark.

jsthornton7
01-30-2014, 03:51 PM
Yep.

The whole point is. They are $62M they can't improve w/o trading assets. If they don't trade assets to acquire a talent like Gasol or Monroe, something. They are going to lose Irving. The key here is build a team that would keep Irving from leaving. Gasol is a championship experienced veteran. He and Irving would help CLE become a better team.

I agree with you. Irving + Deng + Gasol would be a great team for CLE. Gasol is very loyal and if CLE has success he could definitely stay. The problem is Deng and Gasol will be free agents and I don't think Deng stays there. No way in hell.

KniCks4LiFe
01-30-2014, 03:51 PM
Two trades maybe possible

The Lakers would never take Anthony Bennet.

KniCks4LiFe
01-30-2014, 03:54 PM
I agree with you. Irving + Deng + Gasol would be a great team for CLE. Gasol is very loyal and if CLE has success he could definitely stay. The problem is Deng and Gasol will be free agents and I don't think Deng stays there. No way in hell.

Then they resign Gasol. I don't many places Gasol can go to w/o taking a big pay cut. Which he might do. But I mean, he played in Memphis, he'd play in Cleveland.

Stunner
Lakers wouldn't want Bennett.

Earl Clark would be more valuable since he is non-guaranteed in 2015. LA would do Varejao + Clark + 1st. Or if it's really important to Kyrie to get rid of Waiters, then Waiters instead of Clark.

I just updates my post and I wouldn't say that because Bennett would intrest Mike D . A stretch 4 with athletic ability . He's still a good prospect , Cavs just picked him for no reason and he doesn't fit

dalton749
kyries not that good... hes not winning them anything anytime soon

jsthornton7
01-30-2014, 03:56 PM
I posted this is another thread:

It's funny to see people completely write off Pau. Here are some stats from 3 players (inc. Gasol) in Jan. 2014:

PLAYER A: 20.6 ppg 12.1 rpg 4.1 apg 1.6 bpg .509 FG%

PLAYER B: 18.6 ppg 11.3 rpg 1.5 apg 1.7 bpg .546 FG%

PLAYER C: 22.1 ppg 12.1 rpg 2.5 apg 1.6 bpg .470 FG%

Which stat line do you prefer? Highlight below to find the answer.

Player A is Pau Gasol

Player B is Dwight Howard

Player C is DeMarcus Cousins

TrueFan420
01-30-2014, 03:56 PM
They should go after Monroe hard. He's young and a good post player to pair with their star.

Stunner
01-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Cavs wouldn't throw all of their young pieces at a player over 30 along with a 1st who is a soon to be free agent . Not only that they would do better to spilt their young pieces into separate deals to get players . Bennett has talent but I think people are writing him off too soon on a team stocked at his position , a head coach known for not developing young players and it's the Cavs lol .

Stunner
01-30-2014, 03:59 PM
They should go after Monroe hard. He's young and a good post player to pair with their star.

Pistons said they're keeping him , they have a better chance of getting Josh Smith.

jsthornton7
01-30-2014, 04:00 PM
I just updates my post and I wouldn't say that because Bennett would intrest Mike D . A stretch 4 with athletic ability . He's still a good prospect , Cavs just picked him for no reason and he doesn't fit

Cavs don't really use reason with any of their picks. Heck, they couldn't even trade the pick before they selected Bennett.

TrueFan420
01-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Pistons said they're keeping him , they have a better chance of getting Josh Smith.

Well they're fools than cause their either gonna have to pay Monroe and risk being capped out and losing Drummond or he's gonna walk as a FA cause nobody wants smith

KniCks4LiFe
01-30-2014, 04:03 PM
Cavs wouldn't throw all of their young pieces at a player over 30 along with a 1st who is a soon to be free agent . Not only that they would do better to spilt their young pieces into separate deals to get players . Bennett has talent but I think people are writing him off too soon on a team stocked at his position , a head coach known for not developing young players and it's the Cavs lol .

Ok you don't get it.

They have to. If you lose Irving, none of that matters. Irving >>>>>> all of that.

jsthornton7
01-30-2014, 04:03 PM
Detroit should trade Monroe ASAP.

Stunner
01-30-2014, 04:06 PM
Cavs don't really use reason with any of their picks. Heck, they couldn't even trade the pick before they selected Bennett.

I agree , they doomed Bennett picking him on a team that was already loaded at that position . They should have just selected Victor , Noel and let him heal and improve his body or just traded it for a vet or down a few spots and a future pick of a team wanted to . I'm sure their were buyers , Cavs just wanted to rape someone and it backfired

KniCks4LiFe
01-30-2014, 04:06 PM

they ain't keeping Monroe. Then they'd lose Drummond. I mean they have him locked till 2017 but Monroe has a qualifying offer and someone is paying him.

Stunner
01-30-2014, 04:07 PM
Ok you don't get it.

They have to. If you lose Irving, none of that matters. Irving >>>>>> all of that.

I actually I do it get it the point is a player that's over 30 isn't the answer especially what you're giving up . He's not worth it .

KniCks4LiFe
01-30-2014, 04:09 PM
I actually I do it get it the point is a player that's over 30 isn't the answer especially what you're giving up . He's not worth it .

Then you're losing Irving after next season, is that better?

Stunner
01-30-2014, 04:10 PM
they ain't keeping Monroe. Then they'd lose Drummond. I mean they have him locked till 2017 but Monroe has a qualifying offer and someone is paying him.

Not from the latest rumors , if they won't keep Monroe then they would try and trade him right seeing hes a restricted FA . They said they aren't trading him and look to keep him and might even look to trade Smith .

Stunner
01-30-2014, 04:14 PM
Then you're losing Irving after next season, is that better?

You're acting as if Pau Gasol is the end all be all for them to get better and to keeping Kyrie ... It's not . Gasol will not be the answer . Pau already plays with one dumb owner you think he wants to play for another ? You do that trade and it leaves you with Gasol leaving , Kyrie still mad and no other good traded pieces . Congrats you're worst than before . At least try and get a you get player to grow and that is locked up a few years .

KniCks4LiFe
01-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Not from the latest rumors , if they won't keep Monroe then they would try and trade him right seeing hes a restricted FA . They said they aren't trading him and look to keep him and might even look to trade Smith .

who's looking to add $14M to their payroll w/ Josh Smith who's been an average SF in DET.

Stunner
01-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Plus not to mention you can still trade Kyrie next year if all else fails , get whatever you can for him . Better than losing him for nothing .

Goose17
01-30-2014, 04:18 PM
lol, can't wait to see Cav fans burning Irving jerseys and hating on him for the next five years or so.

BklynKnicks3
01-30-2014, 04:18 PM
He told my boy he gone lol he worked at kyries camp lmao I told people this

KniCks4LiFe
01-30-2014, 04:19 PM
Plus not to mention you can still trade Kyrie next year if all else fails , get whatever you can for him . Better than losing him for nothing .

it won't be much, he has a qualifying final year stipulation. Teams know that.

Stunner
01-30-2014, 04:20 PM
who's looking to add $14M to their payroll w/ Josh Smith who's been an average SF in DET.

Boston would trade for him if it meant them keeping Rondo . Two players who expressed playing together . This is the NBA anyone can get dealt if Joe a Johnson did . And part of Smith playing bad is because he's not a SF to begin with he's a PF . His bad play is more of a reason for DeT to try and pony him off .

Stunner
01-30-2014, 04:21 PM
it won't be much, he has a qualifying final year stipulation. Teams know that.

Well duh it's still better than nothing , at least you would be covered instead of trading your young pieces for an old player who ends up leaving .

Stunner
01-30-2014, 04:24 PM
If Pau Gasol was at the age of 27 then yea that could get him to stay but a player over 30 who is looking for another ship soon ? Not so much seeing that I don't feel Kyrie and Deng who is another big question mark is not the answer for him at this stage of Pau's career.

KniCks4LiFe
01-30-2014, 04:26 PM
Well duh it's still better than nothing , at least you would be covered instead of trading your young pieces for an old player who ends up leaving .

but then if that's your stance. You trade for Gasol LOLS.

It atleast gives you a chance to put someone that Kyrie could think of playing off in the Eastern Conference. :laugh2:

KniCks4LiFe
01-30-2014, 04:28 PM
If Pau Gasol was at the age of 27 then yea that could get him to stay but a player over 30 who is looking for another ship soon ? Not so much seeing that I don't feel Kyrie and Deng who is another big question mark is not the answer for him at this stage of Pau's career.

when did Gasol turn into Kobe or KG? he has a title, he wants to play his style first. Does he want a ship yeah ofcourse but it's not like he's gonna reject a team solely on that.

Heediot
01-30-2014, 04:30 PM
Wow so many people overrating an old Gasol. He is averaging 17 pts on 47% shooting. Is a liability on defense, and only regressing. The only thing nice about him a big chunk of cap comes off at the end of the year.

Giving up more than Varejao and filler would be dumb.

NoahH
01-30-2014, 04:31 PM
Yeah but the dude is a cancer to the team.

Marbury and Steve Francis outplayed alot of people but no one REALLY wanted those guys when it came down to it.

Heediot
01-30-2014, 04:33 PM
Ok you don't get it.

You are a moron if you think an aging washed up Gasol keeps Irving in Cleveland.

KniCks4LiFe
01-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Wow so many people overrating an old Gasol. He is averaging 17 pts on 47% shooting. Is a liability on defense, and only regressing. The only thing nice about him a big chunk of cap comes off at the end of the year.

Giving up more than Varejao and filler would be dumb.

That has nothing to do w/ D'antoni not using him in the post?

You are a moron if you think an aging washed up Gasol keeps Irving in Cleveland.

Oh so doing nothing keeps him there. :rolleyes:

Arch Stanton
01-30-2014, 04:37 PM

Marbury and Steve Francis outplayed alot of people but no one REALLY wanted those guys when it came down to it.

How is Waiters a cancer? Do you have any evidence to back up this claim?

Heediot
01-30-2014, 04:43 PM
That has nothing to do w/ D'antoni not using him in the post?

Oh so doing nothing keeps him there. :rolleyes:

Nobody is saying don't try and improve the team to keep Kyrie. Your suggestion in this thread is whack. You are over-valuing Gasol who is going to turn 34 this year.

KniCks4LiFe
01-30-2014, 05:06 PM
Nobody is saying don't try and improve the team to keep Kyrie. Your suggestion in this thread is whack. You are over-valuing Gasol who is going to turn 34 this year.

I'm waiting for a suggestion. Find me the premium player to pair up w/ Irving that you can get in this market.

WITZ
01-30-2014, 05:08 PM

Spoken like somebody who doesn't know jack about the cavs. He along with Deng, Andy,& TT seem to be the only players on the team who give it 100% every night and actually care. Bet you probably believed he punched Kyrie in the face causing the black eye :laugh2:

Kaner
01-30-2014, 05:29 PM
I'm waiting for a suggestion. Find me the premium player to pair up w/ Irving that you can get in this market.

It's very possible that nothing the Cavs do at this point will keep Irving but the Monroe or Gordon trades would be very good starts if possible. However trading for Gasol is an absolutely terrible idea that does nothing but hurt the post Irving rebuilding process that the trade all but guarantees.

Stunner
01-30-2014, 05:35 PM
How good would a

Irving
Gordon
Deng
Frye
Gasol

6th Jack team be in the East ?

AddiX
01-30-2014, 05:36 PM
I'd feel pretty bad for the cavs if they lost irving too, especially since there other draft picks havnt panned out.

And I rarely feel bad for teams or there fans, but yeah, that would really suck.

D-Leethal
01-30-2014, 05:37 PM
Cavs need to strike gold and build a powerhouse to keep Irving (not gonna happen) Greg Monroe/Marc Gasol ain't gonna cut it if you ask me. He's leaving no matter what the same way Love is - they want a piece of the stardom pie that they are never gonna get in the boondocks up North. LeBron is probably his only hope and I don't think anyone believes thats gonna happen anymore.

KniCks4LiFe
01-30-2014, 05:53 PM
It's very possible that nothing the Cavs do at this point will keep Irving but the Monroe or Gordon trades would be very good starts if possible. However trading for Gasol is an absolutely terrible idea that does nothing but hurt the post Irving rebuilding process that the trade all but guarantees.

releasing potentially $20M does nothing? and if he stays Kyrie and him could build something w/ Deng. I mean... [shrugs]

How about attempt to get him and Jordan Hill, if Gasol chooses to leave then use that money to get Bledsoe?

D-Leethal
01-30-2014, 05:56 PM
releasing potentially $20M does nothing? and if he stays Kyrie and him could build something w/ Deng. I mean... [shrugs]

LeBron couldn't even get anyone to play with him in Cleveland. LeBron freakin' James. Kyrie knows this - nobody is going there to play with him and Greg Monroe.

KingstonHawke
01-30-2014, 06:12 PM
I think Kyrie is as good as gone. That team isn't beyond repair, but I don't see Kyrie as the willing to wait type. And there's no quick fix. The drafting has been horrible, the Deng deal wasn't the smartest, and Cleveland sucks as far as a place to live. Might as well start taking trade offers for Kyrie.

shep33
01-30-2014, 06:20 PM
Cavs are in a tough spot, hopefully he doesn't leave cause losing LBJ + Kyrie would be a disaster.

If he's giving the inclination that he's leaving, maybe you deal him?

koreancabbage
01-30-2014, 06:23 PM
Cavs are in a tough spot, hopefully he doesn't leave cause losing LBJ + Kyrie would be a disaster.

If he's giving the inclination that he's leaving, maybe you deal him?

he's gonna leave when he can. I mean this management suckssssssss. they screwed up the last few drafts when they could have had impact players all around. no wonder Lebron left.

Ezio
01-30-2014, 06:52 PM
Him and Love could go somewhere together.

b@llhog24
01-30-2014, 07:12 PM

Dion Waiters PER in 2012-13 | 13.77
Harrison Barnes PER in 2012-13 | 11.08

Dion Waiters in 2013-14 | 12.25
Harrison Barnes in 13-14 | 9.98

Now Barnes might be a better fit, but to say they whiffed on not taking Barnes is laughable.

Waiters PERs higher cause he chucks so much.

NYSpirit1
01-30-2014, 07:21 PM
Irving is a special situation.

In 2015, he would be a restricted free agent, where obviously the Cavs would match any offer and Irving would be stuck there another 3-5 years.

However, there hasn't been a situation ever during restricted free agency where a former no. 1 overall pick was on a team this bad and with management this inept when free agency came about.

Take a look at all the past examples before they left their teams. CP3, D12, Bron, Wade, Bosh, Melo, Amare, Deron Williams - all of them played on playoff teams or better BEFORE their qualifying offer came up. So it wasn't really a problem for them to resign for more years, it made sense.

In this unique and one-of-a-kind situation, we sit here with Kyrie unhappy on a horrible team. In 2015, he could opt IN and take the qualifying offer of $9.6 million instead of a max contract extension from the Cavs and head towards 2016 free agency.

That would only pit him 2 more years in a Cavs uniform after this one and lead to an unbelievable 2016 class with Durant.

In every other case, the superstar took the max money as quick as he could and signed the deal. But $9.6 million for a year ain't bad and if he wasn't the no. 1 overall pick it would be nowhere near that high. So the question is, will Kyrie forfeit the extra say, $5-6 million on a max deal in the 2015-2016 season to become a free agent that summer?

I think there's a HIGH possibility, because it's not that monumental of a difference in money. If he was say the 8th-9th pick, that $9.6 million may be more like $5 million.

TheIlladelph16
01-30-2014, 07:22 PM
LeBron couldn't even get anyone to play with him in Cleveland. LeBron freakin' James. Kyrie knows this - nobody is going there to play with him and Greg Monroe.

This made me lol, but its a really good point. If Lebron James can't get good enough people to go play in Cleveland after 7 years, then I don't see any way Cleveland is luring one there via FA. Sucks for Cavs fans, but I can't really blame him if he leaves.

3RDASYSTEM
01-30-2014, 07:22 PM
Kyrie has his eyes on more than winning - there was an article a couple years back saying how he is one of the future "pitch men" for the NBA, the guy who has a knack for shining in commercials and all that. He has his eyes on global stardom not just winning. Can't knock the hustle. Build your brand home boy.

BRON was the same way but he backed it up with his play then a FINALS trip and 2 league mvp's while basically doing the same thing as IRVING, IRVING can play but you are your brand(game), so depending on what level it is will he receive this global stardom, rings and mvp's are the only way( and deep deep playoff runs), not all star game appearances so wherever he goes he better make sure they can superhype him up like a LA/NYC market does

IRVING better worry about staying on the court healthy, that's where the brand starts and ends

John Walls Era
01-30-2014, 07:24 PM
Irving definitely has to leave. He just can't win as the number 1 option.

lajoie
01-30-2014, 07:30 PM
I'd feel pretty bad for the cavs if they lost irving too, especially since there other draft picks havnt panned out.

And I rarely feel bad for teams or there fans, but yeah, that would really suck.

Why would you feel bad? The NBA has been gift wrapping picks for them to rebuild post Lebron and they've managed to royally **** it up beyond anyone's imagination

prodigy
01-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Irving has no right to be talking crap and saying he wants out. He has played poorly this season. While a lot of guys have improved he has taken a step back. All his shooting numbers are way down and he is by far the worse defensive pg in the NBA. That's just the truth. I like him and he's still young. But kyrie needs to chill.

3RDASYSTEM
01-30-2014, 07:32 PM
This made me lol, but its a really good point. If Lebron James can't get good enough people to go play in Cleveland after 7 years, then I don't see any way Cleveland is luring one there via FA. Sucks for Cavs fans, but I can't really blame him if he leaves.

nobody wanted to play with JORDAN until he started winning rings in CHI and nobody wanted to play with him in WASHINGTON, same situation with BRON now in MIA with RILEY/ARISON, so maybe its on the owners since REINSDORF was cheap nitpicker and that GM KRAUSE ran off JORDAN basically and PHIL, same with GILBERT how he reacted to BRON leaving

players don't cut the check no matter how much juice you think that player has, it's all on the owner/accountant

it's a use and abuse and throw you out type of league, once your youth is over at that 33yrs of age sports time then they move along and get fresh talent

its the reason why they(mediahype) are gearing up KD-BRON debates because its KD for the taking with BRON approaching 30 plus in age and KD is still like 25 or so, a 5yr gap in any sport is huge, 3yrs is a huge gap

BRON ran the entire offense in CLE so why would he want anybody to disrupt at that stage in his career? he wanted that triple double almost every night and basically flirted with it year in and out with 27 7 7 with CLE

Now that is how you brand yourself with that type of game/impact, IRVING doesn't qualify to be in that category

jsthornton7
01-30-2014, 07:33 PM
nobody wanted to play with JORDAN until he started winning rings in CHI and nobody wanted to play with him in WASHINGTON, same situation with BRON now in MIA with RILEY/ARISON, so maybe its on the owners since REINSDORF was cheap nitpicker and that GM KRAUSE ran off JORDAN basically and PHIL, same with GILBERT how he reacted to BRON leaving

players don't cut the check no matter how much juice you think that player has, it's all on the owner/accountant

it's a use and abuse and throw you out type of league, once your youth is over at that 33yrs of age sports time then they move along and get fresh talent

its the reason why they(mediahype) are gearing up KD-BRON debates because its KD for the taking with BRON approaching 30 plus in age and KD is still like 25 or so, a 5yr gap in any sport is huge, 3yrs is a huge gap

BRON ran the entire offense in CLE so why would he want anybody to disrupt at that stage in his career? he wanted that triple double almost every night and basically flirted with it year in and out with 27 7 7 with CLE

Now that is how you brand yourself with that type of game/impact, IRVING doesn't qualify to be in that category

Not the Lakers. We milk our superstar for everything they've got until their late 30's. Overpaying in the process and compromising our future.

Chronz
01-30-2014, 07:41 PM
Cleveland is such a badly run market, that they couldn't even entice homegrown products to leave markets like Milwaukee. Nobody is coming unless they overpay massively.

IndyRealist
01-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Trade Bennett, thompson, and a top 5 protected 1st for Monroe. Or, trade Deng and a 1st for Josh Smith. Or, trade Waiters, Bennett and Thompson for Evan Turner, Thaddeus Young and Spencer Hawes.

But the obvious answer is, trade Irving, varejao and filler for Rondo and a 1st.

prodigy
01-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Cleveland is such a badly run market, that they couldn't even entice homegrown products to leave markets like Milwaukee. Nobody is coming unless they overpay massively.

U talking about redd? Lol ask lebron about that. Redd wanted to come to the cavs but wanted to speak to lebron first. Lebron wouldn't. Just like lebron didn't take to bosh when cavs had a sign and trade deal on the table for him.

WITZ
01-30-2014, 07:51 PM
If he really wants to get out as bad like the media is making it out than he will obviously take the Q.O. That said its a risk on his part being as some have labeled him injury prone one slip up and he will cost himself millions. If it comes to that hopefully the cavs are smart enough to pull the trigger on dealing him . Some people in here are talking about Irving like he is a superstar :laugh2:

AddiX
01-30-2014, 08:00 PM
Why would you feel bad? The NBA has been gift wrapping picks for them to rebuild post Lebron and they've managed to royally **** it up beyond anyone's imagination

Because Cleveland is a depressive place filled with dog ladies, i dont mean ladies who own dogs, I mean ladies that look like them and pee with one leg up.

For them to have to go through another superstar leaving, would devastate that poor dump.

Arch Stanton
01-30-2014, 08:13 PM

He does chuck, can't deny that. Even still Barnes is not very good and I would not say he's better than Waiters IMO. Like I said he's probably a better fit than Waiters though.

Arch Stanton
01-30-2014, 08:16 PM
It's hard to defend the Cavs at this point they've really made some poor decisions. I hope they get it together but I'm not optimistic they will any time soon.

kobe4thewinbang
01-30-2014, 08:25 PM
Hey, at least they've learned from not getting good players around LeBron.

Stunner
01-30-2014, 09:18 PM
The games currently played shows why nobody wants to play for the Cavs

WITZ
01-30-2014, 09:39 PM
The games currently played shows why nobody wants to play for the Cavs

Nobody wants to play for the cavs because the refs hate them... 16 freethrows for the knicks in 1 quarter :laugh:

WES KOAST
01-30-2014, 09:45 PM

haha apple is a brand. coca cola is a brand. air Jordan is a brand. nuff said

Dade County
01-30-2014, 10:06 PM
I hope no one is throwing hate kyrie's way, for wanting out (if this story is even true).

Star players don't seem to want to go to the Cav's as free agents.

Well I hope players like Irving & Love can play for franchise that will put the right pieces around them, to make runs and championships.

And if this is true, what happen to Lbj going back to Cleveland... lol just joking, his a con-artist anyway.

NBA_Starter
01-30-2014, 10:07 PM
You can't blame Kyrie.

ManRam
01-30-2014, 10:09 PM
Do we know how Kyrie and Mike Brown get along. Because how the **** does he still have a job?

Trueblue2
01-30-2014, 10:42 PM

Sadly thats actually a trade I see them doing

b@llhog24
01-30-2014, 11:01 PM

He does chuck, can't deny that. Even still Barnes is not very good and I would not say he's better than Waiters IMO. Like I said he's probably a better fit than Waiters though.

Nah they're probably around the same level in terms of production off the top of my head. But there's several reasons I'd take Barnes over Waiters: he's more likely to be able to defend his owv position, and he won't get into Kyrie's way. Kyrie is already a high usage star which is why a guy like Waiters who inefficiently uses up the other bulk of the possessions a less than ideal fit next to him. Any sets used by him are better off as cuts/motion/screen setting. All things I'd wager to bet that Barnes is better at than Waiters.

In any event I was more pissed they didn't take Drummound. Choosing between Barnes and Waiters is like choosing which favourite colored **** you wanna step in.

Stunner
01-30-2014, 11:14 PM
You can't blame Kyrie.

I can , can't stay healthy , a ball hog sometimes , no defense , doesn't make plays for other teammates like he should. The Cavs don't let Kyrie take blame for anything in fear of losing him like Lebron.

Arch Stanton
01-30-2014, 11:22 PM
Nah they're probably around the same level in terms of production off the top of my head. But there's several reasons I'd take Barnes over Waiters: he's more likely to be able to defend his owv position, and he won't get into Kyrie's way. Kyrie is already a high usage star which is why a guy like Waiters who inefficiently uses up the other bulk of the possessions a less than ideal fit next to him. Any sets used by him are better off as cuts/motion/screen setting. All things I'd wager to bet that Barnes is better at than Waiters.

In any event I was more pissed they didn't take Drummound. Choosing between Barnes and Waiters is like choosing which favourite colored **** you wanna step in.

I agree on not taking Drummond or how about Lillard... Even if they did there is a deeper issue with this franchise and it starts with their crappy owner and front office. Honestly, I don't see this team lasting and probably moving to Seattle in the next five years. I just hope Cleveland fans fire bomb Dan Gilbert's Casino.

Blink
01-30-2014, 11:23 PM
As a Pistons fan...if you want a trade for Monroe...being in the division and all...we can start talking Monroe/Smith.

If you want Smith by all means..ill take a solo cup full of Gilberts sperm for him.

If you want Monroe the talks stop if you dont take Smith.

Arch Stanton
01-30-2014, 11:27 PM

But to be fair Waiters has improved defensively this year. But he's still a below replacement level player so whatever. I'm done watching this crap. Can't blame Kyrie for wanting to leave.

Arch Stanton
01-30-2014, 11:29 PM
As a Pistons fan...if you want a trade for Monroe...being in the division and all...we can start talking Monroe/Smith.

If you want Smith by all means..ill take a solo cup full of Gilberts sperm for him.

If you want Monroe the talks stop if you dont take Smith.

Gilbert's sperm is potent. Are you sure you want to make that trade? I mean you might get a 3-headed baby...

Blink
01-30-2014, 11:31 PM
Gilbert's sperm is potent. Are you sure you want to make that trade? I mean you might get a 3-headed baby...

Ill drink that mother ****er!

TheNumber37
01-30-2014, 11:32 PM
Kyrie is such a big market player. He needs to play in LA.
I bet he leaves after his rookie deal, and I would too

WITZ
01-30-2014, 11:48 PM
I can , can't stay healthy , a ball hog sometimes , no defense , doesn't make plays for other teammates like he should. The Cavs don't let Kyrie take blame for anything in fear of losing him like Lebron.

Nice to see not all are blinded by the uncle drew hype :clap:

Ill drink that mother ****er!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

RipCity32
01-30-2014, 11:49 PM
LMFAO Blink

Arch Stanton
01-31-2014, 12:06 AM
Fire sale!

KniCks4LiFe
01-31-2014, 12:37 AM
Trade Bennett, thompson, and a top 5 protected 1st for Monroe. Or, trade Deng and a 1st for Josh Smith. Or, trade Waiters, Bennett and Thompson for Evan Turner, Thaddeus Young and Spencer Hawes.

But the obvious answer is, trade Irving, varejao and filler for Rondo and a 1st.

Rondo ain't playing for CLE.

You have a better chance at getting Deron Williams than Rondo.

kpjets
01-31-2014, 12:48 AM
who the **** is kyrie to be demanding trades. can't even take ur team into the playoffs in the bum as eastern conf. just because you could cross people over doesn't make you a great player. most bball fans piss me off, they fall for hype to easily. this guy don't give any effort if he don't have the ball and plays no D. if i was a gm i would never give this guy max money. he is a rudy gay type player. could put up good #s but not good for team game. Put a player like Goran Dragić on the cavs instead of kyrie, not a great player but a guy that plays hard every play they would be winning a lot more games. i don't want hear that he will play harder on a better team. effort is in the blood, something you pick at a young age, a habit, something you have from cradle to the grave.

LAOwnsAll15
01-31-2014, 03:04 AM
who the **** is kyrie to be demanding trades. can't even take ur team into the playoffs in the bum as eastern conf. just because you could cross people over doesn't make you a great player. most bball fans piss me off, they fall for hype to easily. this guy don't give any effort if he don't have the ball and plays no D. if i was a gm i would never give this guy max money. he is a rudy gay type player. could put up good #s but not good for team game. Put a player like Goran Dragić on the cavs instead of kyrie, not a great player but a guy that plays hard every play they would be winning a lot more games. i don't want hear that he will play harder on a better team. effort is in the blood, something you pick at a young age, a habit, something you have from cradle to the grave.

Shame is that in todays NBA the players have all the leverage it seems. Plus the talent is really thin, hes in demand whether you think he deserves it or not.

Goose17
01-31-2014, 05:58 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/q71/150282_678308792210552_440204516_n.jpg

Arch Stanton
01-31-2014, 06:09 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/q71/150282_678308792210552_440204516_n.jpg

Thanks for trolling!

futureman
01-31-2014, 06:12 PM
They are rebuilding from rebuilding. How pathetic.

IndyRealist
01-31-2014, 11:35 PM
Rondo ain't playing for CLE.

You have a better chance at getting Deron Williams than Rondo.

For a year and a half, Rondo doesn't get a choice. They get a 1st out of it and can flip Rajon next year if he won't sign an extension.