8. Monta Ellis - 17.37
9. Wes Mathews - 17.34
10. Gordon Hayward - 17.20

c.c.
01-30-2014, 05:31 AM
Some of these PG's today would of been SG back in the day

jerellh528
01-30-2014, 05:32 AM
Yikes, there's not a single player on that list that I would welcome to my team with open arms to be the starting 2 and be content with it. Besides maybe dragic and harden.

mrblisterdundee
01-30-2014, 06:08 AM
Yikes, there's not a single player on that list that I would welcome to my team with open arms to be the starting 2 and be content with it. Besides maybe dragic and harden.

The Blazers have welcomed Wes Mathews with open arms. He's a great third option who can play defense and drill lots of threes.

Duncan = Donkey
01-30-2014, 06:24 AM
Soon Wade and Kobe will be gone as well.

mrblisterdundee
01-30-2014, 06:27 AM
I would definitely welcome a guy like Lance Stephenson onto my team this summer.
PER isn't everything. Stephenson isn't on that list, and he's probably going to be one of the most sought-after players this summer and he leads the league in triple doubles.
Most the decent shooting guards right now are or should be third options, including:
Wes Matthews, after LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard;
Manu Ginobili, after Tony Parker and Tim Duncan; and
Jamal Crawford, after Chris Paul and Blake Griffin.
Dwyane Wade, James Harden and Goran Dragic seem like legitimate second options.

HeatBeat
01-30-2014, 07:53 AM
Soon Wade and Kobe will be gone as well.

lol, Wade will be around for a while yet

blahblahyoutoo
01-30-2014, 11:27 AM
I would definitely welcome a guy like Lance Stephenson onto my team this summer.
PER isn't everything. Stephenson isn't on that list, and he's probably going to be one of the most sought-after players this summer – and he leads the league in triple doubles.

i feel he won't be as successful once he leaves the pacers.

b@llhog24
01-30-2014, 07:25 PM
It's been like that for years. Everybody just too busy *****ing about the death of the Cs to notice.

b@llhog24
01-30-2014, 07:27 PM

The Blazers have welcomed Wes Mathews with open arms. He's a great third option who can play defense and drill lots of threes.

Wes isn't good on D. Just cause he tries doesn't mean his *** isn't getting light up. But yes I'd rather have him on my team.

abe_froman
01-30-2014, 07:32 PM
It's been like that for years. Everybody just too busy *****ing about the death of the Cs to notice.
this is very true!

all positions go through peaks and valley's in terms of talent and its a valley right now,and during the past few years

3RDASYSTEM
01-30-2014, 09:22 PM
Is this the weakest this position has been in the last 30 years

Look at the top 10 in Per

1. Goran Dragic - 21.86
2. Dwayne Wade - 21.40
3. James Harden - 21.12
4. Manu Ginobili - 19.35
5. J.J Redick - 18.38
6. DeMar DeRozan - 17.99
7. Arron Afflalo - 17.61
8. Monta Ellis - 17.37
9. Wes Mathews - 17.34
10. Gordon Hayward - 17.20

PER or no PER the nba rode a backupguard turned starter for a decade as the best shooting guard and now you have the same with HARDEN, a backup 6thman of the year turned starter, bean Bryant was runner up 6thman before the rings

HARDEN/WADE/ELLIS were/are worth the deals they signed, even MANU but he is on last legs

the rest show flashes and are solid players...nothing more nothing less

the backupguard turned starter passed the the torch to the new backupguard turned starter

to me WADE is more PG/creator than SG because he is really like 6'3 1/2

Bishnoff
01-30-2014, 10:51 PM
i feel he won't be as successful once he leaves the pacers.

I agree.

Ill21
01-30-2014, 11:35 PM
Tim Hardaway Jr is the best SG in the NBA....tonight :)

holditdown
01-30-2014, 11:47 PM
It's because volume shooting is down across the league. Typically the guys who jack up a ton of shots were shooting guards. I think people realize jacking up shots doesn't win titles so we aren't seeing shooting guards putting up a lot of shots in the current NBA.

Iverson, Carter, Stackhouse, McGrady, etc.

Those types of players don't exist anymore.

DreamShaker
01-31-2014, 12:59 AM
It's because volume shooting is down across the league. Typically the guys who jack up a ton of shots were shooting guards. I think people realize jacking up shots doesn't win titles so we aren't seeing shooting guards putting up a lot of shots in the current NBA.

Iverson, Carter, Stackhouse, McGrady, etc.

Those types of players don't exist anymore.

Kobe? He's got 5 rings and has been known to take a shot or two.

Duncan = Donkey
01-31-2014, 01:27 AM
Tim Hardaway Jr is the best SG in the NBA....tonight :)

Isnt he just a spot up shooter

holditdown
01-31-2014, 12:14 PM
Kobe? He's got 5 rings and has been known to take a shot or two.

More or less the exception along with guys like Jordan. Taking nothing away from Kobe, but having the best player in the league on your team can result in rings.

I still think it's because volume shooting is down.

KingPosey
01-31-2014, 12:34 PM
This is a cyclical thing. 80s into the mid 90s we had tons of great big men, then from there 2 guards dominated the league, followed by the 3 spot while we had hardly any great PG talent, now PG is way deep and we have no real true star bigs and the 2 guard is becoming obselete.

A lot of talent that could be playing the two spot is being split off into the PG/SF position now because of athleticism and size and strength IMO.

DreamShaker
01-31-2014, 04:08 PM
Holditdown-

I agree with you to an extent. Most of the high volume guys just play different positions. Melo, Gay, Westbrook, Love, Aldridge, Kyrie, Wall, and Anthony Davis all put up some ugly shooting nights at a decently regular clip. The mid-range shot has been more of a weapon for big guys than wings. They want wings shooting 3's and drawing fouls if they aren't finishing and the rim or helping find great shots with penetration. The ISO game is what has died down. And thankfully so. It is ugly to watch most times. I loved T-Mac, and love Harden, but all the ISO stuff is horrid if they are not on. Just wasted sets. But it still happens way too much. Just mostly with other positions.