PDA

View Full Version : Forget get Durant vs LBJ debate, Something is Wrong With this Heat Team

P&GRealist
01-30-2014, 02:21 AM
I don't know if LeBron is getting tired out, the supporting cast isn't living up to expectations, if the Wade in and out of lineup is becoming too big of a distraction.

What is wrong with the Heat?

I know it's tough trying to get to the finals for a 4th straight time, but still, it just seems that their defense is getting worse and worse as the season progresses.

Just can't exactly put my finger on it.

Chrisclover
01-30-2014, 02:27 AM
They admitted they have complacency the other day. I dont remember who said it but it was either LBJ ,or Wade, or Bosh

Max.This
01-30-2014, 02:33 AM
teams are just getting better. When the big 3 formed, they just had a lot more talent than everyone else. Teams have basically surrounded their stars with better players and evened the playing field

sixer04fan
01-30-2014, 02:37 AM
Didn't we say this stuff last year, and then they won 27 straight? Teams go through lulls. They get every team's best shot every game. And it's just tough for a team like them to find motivation every night during the regular season.

I'm not sure anything's wrong, as in major unsolvable problems. Winning it all will be harder than last year, but I'm still not betting against them. They're fine.

P&GRealist
01-30-2014, 02:39 AM
Didn't we say this stuff last year, and then they won 27 straight? Teams go through lulls. They get every team's best shot every game. And it's just tough for a team like them to find motivation every night during the regular season.

I'm not sure anything's wrong, as in major unsolvable problems. Winning it all will be harder than last year, but I'm still not betting against them. They're fine.

The Wade situation seems a little iffy if you ask me. Also, I don't know why Spoelstra is underutilizing Oden?

tredigs
01-30-2014, 02:40 AM
Complacency (they only have one team to worry about in their conference and can coast to the 2 seed in 3rd gear), fatigue (3 finals in a row) and age (old *** squad, they're simply not on the way up).

diu9leilomo
01-30-2014, 02:44 AM
nothing is wrong, just wait till playoff

sixer04fan
01-30-2014, 02:45 AM
The Wade situation seems a little iffy if you ask me. Also, I don't know why Spoelstra is underutilizing Oden?

I can't comment on the Wade "situation" with certainty, but I think Spo is mainly just concerned with pacing him and his knees for now. Wade probably wishes he could play more in the short term, but that's it.

As for underutilizing Oden - not at all man. The main thing, the only thing, is making sure Oden is healthiest and playing his best ball in the playoffs. That's why he's there. They're just slowly building him up to that point. This is a guy who's had worse knee problems than Bynum since he came into the league.

lamzoka
01-30-2014, 03:13 AM
What the hell is this coasting thing everybody is talking about man? We hear this excuse on SC every time the heat lose. They're good, but they're no longer the best team in the league.

Supreme LA
01-30-2014, 03:13 AM
If Lebron gets all the praise when his team wins then he deserves all the criticism when his team loses.

Sadds The Gr8
01-30-2014, 03:35 AM
If Lebron gets all the praise when his team wins then he deserves all the criticism when his team loses.

lol

sixer04fan
01-30-2014, 03:40 AM

Looking past the cliche statement and flawed logic here... What does this even mean in regards to the thread topic? So you're saying Lebron is what's wrong with the Heat?

jerellh528
01-30-2014, 03:57 AM
They're "coasting", coasting their way to a matchup nightmare playing at Indiana with home court.

beliges
01-30-2014, 04:11 AM
The Heat are fine. The have as much talent as any other team in the league. Its just that other teams have finally caught up and other players are have closed the gap with Lebron. Miami is a major contender obviously. Its just difficult to make it 4 straight seasons to the Finals.

shep33
01-30-2014, 04:31 AM
Coasting. They play in the east and have nothing to worry about until the ECF against Indy. This team can flip a switch and turn it up defensively like very few teams can.

They're not playing championship basketball, but they literally don't have to until Game 1 against Indy. Now if they were in the west, they would be in some big trouble. Can't coast out there, and the playoffs are a grind from round 1 if your opposition is healthy.

Chronz
01-30-2014, 05:10 AM
Coasting is the buzz word, but their core players have all gotten older and the declining production has finally caught up with them. Not even sure if Wade is still an All-Star caliber player with how sporadic he is. Bosh is doing whats asked of him and is prolly having his best season in Miami, its just tough to offset the loss of the superstar that used to exist in Wade.

Goose17
01-30-2014, 05:52 AM
They're just coasting. All they care about is HCA for the first couple of rounds, there's nobody in this league they can't beat in a seven game series.

Goose17
01-30-2014, 05:53 AM
Coasting is the buzz word, but their core players have all gotten older

People have been saying that about San Antonio for years.

jerellh528
01-30-2014, 06:18 AM
They're just coasting. All they care about is HCA for the first couple of rounds, there's nobody in this league they can't beat in a seven game series.

How do you know what they care about? They don't even need hca for the first couple of rounds, they need it for the Ecf against Indiana. I think you might not even know what you're talking about.

kobe4thewinbang
01-30-2014, 08:46 AM
They're just coasting. All they care about is HCA for the first couple of rounds, there's nobody in this league they can't beat in a seven game series.Indiana with home court? I doubt it.

Dade County
01-30-2014, 08:51 AM
I don't know if LeBron is getting tired out, the supporting cast isn't living up to expectations, if the Wade in and out of lineup is becoming too big of a distraction.

I know it's tough trying to get to the finals for a 4th straight time, but still, it just seems that their defense is getting worse and worse as the season progresses.

Entertainment... Script.... NBA Building up other teams and stars... People losing lots of money gambling (the setup)... HEAT win another championship!

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-30-2014, 09:00 AM

I know this was a troll comment. But no it started off with lebron getting criticism when his team lost before he got praise for his team winning. Or did we forget 2010? Did we forget a chicago d league baseball team having a "lebron ceremony" because no rings were given?

I know you're a troll, but I hope the posters on here with logic don't suffer from short term memory loss.

After the ridiculous blame and **** lebron went through in 2010, every single praise he gets from here on out is warranted.

Thanks for whining.

archdevil84
01-30-2014, 09:11 AM
it kind of annoys me that theyre playing no defense at all the last few games

SteBO
01-30-2014, 09:13 AM
It's a combination of everything that's already been said in here.

Age: Miami is one of the oldest teams in the league if not the oldest. Battier is retiring after his year, Ray Allen isn't getting open as cleanly a he used to, and most importantly Wade just can't play 70+ games in the regular season anymore. Sad to say, because he's my favorite NBA player since I started watching the NBA, but his best years are behind him and Spo just has to preserve him so he can play his best ball when it matters the most.

Coasting: This is the worst I've ever seen the eastern conference. How is Miami suppose to be super prepared for a team like OKC when you're playing the likes of Boston, Philly, Charlotte, and Orlando every week. There's a thread in this forum whose title is "Indiana Pacers...welcome to the Wild Wild West". Same thing applies. And even then, Miami's lost to plenty of those teams already. After last night, this is only their 3rd loss against the best teams in the league.

Lastly, other teams are on the up take. I'm personally not as sold on Indiana as most people are, but I can't deny they're a matchup issue for us, hence why Greg Oden is here. Another big would be nice, but we'll have to wait and see on that one. We all already know how good the west is, so there isn't need to harp on that.

In the end, Miami will be fine I think. But like everyone else, they have their flaws. We aren't at All-Star break yet, so they have plenty of time to work through stuff. Miami's got a chance to do something great (make 4 straight Finals and possibly 3-peat), but there's a reason why such a feat is so special.

Drummond#1
01-30-2014, 09:36 AM
They're not playing championship ball. I wouldn't be surprised if they got upset in the second round honestly. Wade is old and beat. The bench is dysfunctional and also getting older. And papa stern is no longer there to cup the balls. Poor poor bronbron. Durant is taking over the league.

Drummond#1
01-30-2014, 09:40 AM
I wonder where Lebron goes next? Will he team up with two younger stars? Klay Steph? Will he look to other super friends like Melo in New York? He sure as hell won't deal with having to build a team and make players better.

Drummond#1
01-30-2014, 09:41 AM
it kind of annoys me that theyre playing no defense at all the last few games

Yeah... Because they are old and slow. And have lost a step.

Drummond#1
01-30-2014, 09:43 AM
I know this was a troll comment. But no it started off with lebron getting criticism when his team lost before he got praise for his team winning. Or did we forget 2010? Did we forget a chicago d league baseball team having a "lebron ceremony" because no rings were given?

I know you're a troll, but I hope the posters on here with logic don't suffer from short term memory loss.

After the ridiculous blame and **** lebron went through in 2010, every single praise he gets from here on out is warranted.

Thanks for whining.

It's going to be ****ing amazing when your screen name disappears this summer. Can PSD please build one of those smiley faced emoticons for bandwagons? Please?

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-30-2014, 10:16 AM
It's going to be ****ing amazing when your screen name disappears this summer. Can PSD please build one of those smiley faced emoticons for bandwagons? Please?

You sound really butthurt. Was this because lebron by himself beat the pistons while he was playing with the cavs?

It's hilarious to me how someone who has been wrong about everything continues to blindly assume things. :laugh2:

omdigga
01-30-2014, 10:33 AM
They turned the ball over so much last night.. never saw them play so inefficient before.. also they didnt hit any three pointers..
but i wouldnt worry about Miami... they will be alright when it comes to the playoffs.

ManRam
01-30-2014, 10:49 AM
On one hand they've shown they can absolutely "flip the switch"...

But, they still have the same flaws and I think the other teams are catching up. If they aren't hitting their threes, mainly the supporting cast, they're easily beatable. That was the big difference last night (along with TOs), and it happens. Their bench can be really good, but they mainly excel at the three point shot. There's not much defense there. They obviously have some size issues, as always.

It's never been a perfect team. I mean, they've had 2 of their 5 starters at (well) below league-average for the entirety of their run now. They haven't had a strong rim protector ever. And so on.

This year their problem is defense. Offensively they're as good as ever. Defensively they've regressed to middle of the pack. It's the same personnel, so I don't think all hope is lost. You can tell the effort isn't always there. It might sound trivial, but look at LeBron's blocks. WAY down. LeBron's been great offensively...he's not at fault there. Maybe defensively, if anything.

It hasn't ever been a cakewalk for them, and nothing's changed. I think they can flip the switch and give anyone a run for their money, but even like last year, I'll EASILY take the field over them to win it all. Though, besides MAYBE Indy, they're still my slight favorites.

D-Leethal
01-30-2014, 11:02 AM
Wade looks like he can't even jump over a shoelace anymore. He seems to be destined for the TMac route - superstar until 29, retired by 33.

justinnum1
01-30-2014, 11:05 AM
Just waiting for the playoffs. Can't wait till we get that 3peat. Haters and the little girls on this site will really be crying then.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-30-2014, 11:12 AM
On one hand they've shown they can absolutely "flip the switch"...

But, they still have the same flaws and I think the other teams are catching up. If they aren't hitting their threes, mainly the supporting cast, they're easily beatable. That was the big difference last night (along with TOs), and it happens. Their bench can be really good, but they mainly excel at the three point shot. There's not much defense there. They obviously have some size issues, as always.

It's never been a perfect team. I mean, they've had 2 of their 5 starters at (well) below league-average for the entirety of their run now. They haven't had a strong rim protector ever. And so on.

This year their problem is defense. Offensively they're as good as ever. Defensively they've regressed to middle of the pack. It's the same personnel, so I don't think all hope is lost. You can tell the effort isn't always there. It might sound trivial, but look at LeBron's blocks. WAY down. LeBron's been great offensively...he's not at fault there. Maybe defensively, if anything.

It hasn't ever been a cakewalk for them, and nothing's changed. I think they can flip the switch and give anyone a run for their money, but even like last year, I'll EASILY take the field over them to win it all. Though, besides MAYBE Indy, they're still my slight favorites.

Defense def has been an issue this season. However last night lebron was all over kd.

Kd made some phenomenal shots with lebron up in his grill. You can't fault lebron for that, better offense.

As for this season. Absolutely agree. It's been a roller coaster ride especially the 2nd Quarter unit. My goodness they are terrible defensively especially if they can't hit their shots.

It's still fixable tho so def not worried.

D-Leethal
01-30-2014, 11:19 AM
Defense def has been an issue this season. However last night lebron was all over kd.

Kd made some phenomenal shots with lebron up in his grill. You can't fault lebron for that, better offense.

As for this season. Absolutely agree. It's been a roller coaster ride especially the 2nd Quarter unit. My goodness they are terrible defensively especially if they can't hit their shots.

It's still fixable tho so def not worried.

Yea I mean that game KD had wouldn't be sustainable over a 7 game series. I understand how great KD is, but he was literally launching turnaround 30 footers and stepbacks with hand right in his face and hitting him - if thats the plan to beat Miami they will be in for a rude awakening. Westbrook is still the biggest matchup nightmare for Miami on the Thunder IMO.

justinnum1
01-30-2014, 11:27 AM
Yea I mean that game KD had wouldn't be sustainable over a 7 game series. I understand how great KD is, but he was literally launching turnaround 30 footers and stepbacks with hand right in his face and hitting him - if thats the plan to beat Miami they will be in for a rude awakening. Westbrook is still the biggest matchup nightmare for Miami on the Thunder IMO.

westbrick has notoriously struggled vs miami shooting less than 40% vs the heat. Plus, with westrbrick back, kd shoots less and handles the ball less which is good for miami. I hope miami meets okc in the finals, spurs are a tougher matchup.

kobebabe
01-30-2014, 11:36 AM
I am not a Heats fan by any means but they are fine. They are simply pacing themselves to save energy for the playoff run. If you work too hard during the regular season you will not have much left in the tank to take it to the end. Much like long distance runners pace themselves for that last push, so are the heat. Don't let them fool you

ManRam
01-30-2014, 12:08 PM
It's worth noting, the Heat went 8-5 last January, and after a loss to Indy to start of Feb, they went on that insane streak. There's no reason to be peaking right now. Obviously with how they're handling Wade and to a MUCH lesser extent Oden, they aren't worried about that now. I do think it's a mix between coasting and roster ability, and suggesting it's entirely one or the other is a bit misleading, but I'd imagine sometime soon they'll start stringing together some really solid stretches to get it going. For for a two-time defending champ, nothing in October, November, December, January or February matters, at all.

siix
01-30-2014, 12:10 PM
heat aren't winning **** this year. This team is done after this year.

Goose17
01-30-2014, 12:52 PM
How do you know what they care about? They don't even need hca for the first couple of rounds, they need it for the Ecf against Indiana. I think you might not even know what you're talking about.

They don't need it but they want it.

Everyone wants HCA, 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th it's irrelevant. Everyone wants it.

FYL_McVeezy
01-30-2014, 01:03 PM

Have you not learned by now that Miami trolls their way through the Reg. Season?

FYL_McVeezy
01-30-2014, 01:07 PM
Entertainment... Script.... NBA Building up other teams and stars... People losing lots of money gambling (the setup)... HEAT win another championship!

You would have thought people would have figured this out by now....

bucketss
01-30-2014, 01:24 PM

lebron is the most criticized player in nba history, i mean he just came off two straight rings and still being criticized because hes not playing better than durant at the half way point?

again, nice try.

beliges
01-30-2014, 01:29 PM
lebron is the most criticized player in nba history, i mean he just came off two straight rings and still being criticized because hes not playing better than durant at the half way point?

again, nice try.

Lebron is being criticized because Miami has been struggling this season and Lebron has not been the same Lebron as years past.

bucketss
01-30-2014, 01:36 PM
Lebron is being criticized because Miami has been struggling this season and Lebron has not been the same Lebron as years past.

lol funny thing is, hes still putting up epic numbers idk his numbers but i think something like 26 8 6 or something around there and shooting like 58% from the floor, but like i said hes lebron james the most criticized player in nba history.

ghettosean
01-30-2014, 03:23 PM

again, nice try.

Lebron probably has been the most criticized player in NBA history but he also make the most controversial move in NBA history also leaving him home team/town (close enough to Akron) and leaving to join the 2nd best player in the league at the time and the best power forward to get a few easy rings (though he didn't win in the 1st year). He also dumped his home team on national television as well.... I don't think such a move has been made in NBA history soooo...

It's understandable why he is overly criticized.

nickdymez
01-30-2014, 04:03 PM
Coasting or not, you still get up and play against the big boys. Every great team does it. You play OKC, a team that you could potentially meet in the finals, you dont "coast", you put them away.

ManRam
01-30-2014, 04:09 PM

While he hasn't been as good as the last two years in many regards, those two years he was at level that maybe 5 players ever have been at ever before. I think it's fine to hold him to those standards, but it's not like he hasn't been clearly the league's second best player. Huge expectations have always hurt him and lead to criticism, and this year it's in a whole new way. And it's not entirely invalid. Even though, for example, he's at 26-6-6 on 58% shooting, something no one else has ever done.

He's LeBron...he'll get credit when the good happens and the blame when the bad happens. That's like every star. I'm sure he holds himself plenty accountable for this season's slight regression. I just don't think this notion of him playing "poorly" really works. Compared to himself, sure...to some extent. Compared to everyone else not-named-KD, not at all. He needs to be better, as does everyone else. They know it. Last night was curious. But hey, turn the ball over 20 times and watch a team hit 60% of their 3s, and you're never gonna win. It's still just January. If they turn it around or win it all this stuff will never be mentioned again.

hotdalton18
01-30-2014, 04:13 PM
It's called coasting

We were the 2nd seed when we win the first time with the big 3

They don't care right now

holditdown
01-30-2014, 04:57 PM
Nothing is wrong with them. They'll have 13 losses starting February. Whoopeedoo.

Jamiecballer
01-30-2014, 05:55 PM
They are understandably bored. It happens.

PurpleLynch
01-30-2014, 06:33 PM

again, nice try.
While I agree with you,I have to say that Kobe is the most criticized player of all time :D

Chronz
01-30-2014, 07:15 PM
Wade looks like he can't even jump over a shoelace anymore. He seems to be destined for the TMac route - superstar until 29, retired by 33.

Tmac wasnt a superstar at 29

Chronz
01-30-2014, 07:20 PM
Lebron probably has been the most criticized player in NBA history but he also make the most controversial move in NBA history also leaving him home team/town (close enough to Akron) and leaving to join the 2nd best player in the league at the time and the best power forward to get a few easy rings (though he didn't win in the 1st year). He also dumped his home team on national television as well.... I don't think such a move has been made in NBA history soooo...

Its only controversial because people dont understand the history of the NBA or how to gauge a players contributions. If Wade was the 2nd best player in the league, why didn't he perform as such? Why did Larry Bird feel the need to state hes never seen a more dominant playoff run from an individual if it was such an "easy" ring?

Are we suppose to ignore injuries/decline because of name recognition? Anyone who still thinks Bron play with upper echelon talent needs a mental evaluation.

Chronz
01-30-2014, 07:21 PM
While I agree with you,I have to say that Kobe is the most criticized player of all time :D
Bron is the most undeservedly criticized star

P&GRealist
01-30-2014, 09:01 PM
Why is LeBron being criticized here? I'm talking about the Heat team in general. Stay on topic and stop being imbeciles people!

holditdown
01-30-2014, 11:37 PM
Why is LeBron being criticized here? I'm talking about the Heat team in general. Stay on topic and stop being imbeciles people!

I can't speak for those who have criticized him in this thread, but all I know is "The Decision" will never leave many minds. That's why.

IKnowHoops
01-31-2014, 07:45 AM

How does that compare to Kobe surprising a girl with sodomy and then ratting out Shaq?