PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum update - "wants more money" - via Marc Stein

KniCks4LiFe
01-29-2014, 03:58 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/24nno1h.png

Sly Guy
01-29-2014, 04:06 PM
lol, more money for what?

I will laugh at the team that breaks down and gives him this money he seeks.

TrueFan420
01-29-2014, 04:08 PM
Seriously if any team is dumb enough to give him more than min they should lose their job.

kobe4thewinbang
01-29-2014, 04:12 PM
So, he already has millions, not counting the millions Cavaliers gave him, that he should give back to them for breach of contract, and now wants more money? The dude's a con artist with broken knees.

http://kepeusa.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/bynum-shirt-off.jpg

RipCity32
01-29-2014, 04:22 PM
Dudes a joke

AIMelo=KillaDUO
01-29-2014, 04:28 PM
He wants more then the min. to do what? I don't even think this dude would get hired @ Little Cesars for minimum wage.

KniCks4LiFe
01-29-2014, 04:33 PM
He wants more then the min. to do what? I don't even think this dude would get hired @ Little Cesars for minimum wage.

you gotta admit it is funny tho :laugh2:

JNA17
01-29-2014, 04:35 PM
More money to do what exactly?

Bynum doesn't even like to play basketball anymore, he is a complete shell of his former self with broken knees still, and is a cancer in the locker room.

What uses does he have left that would command more than a vet min?

JNA17
01-29-2014, 04:36 PM
you gotta admit it is funny tho :laugh2:

It's more sad than funny really.

To think that there is a good chance that a team would be moronic enough to give in to Bynum's demands for what little he provides both on and off the court is sickening.

KniCks4LiFe
01-29-2014, 04:45 PM
It's more sad than funny really.

To think that there is a good chance that a team would be moronic enough to give in to Bynum's demands for what little he provides both on and off the court is sickening.

with all that happened in LAL then Philly wit da pop n shot b-ball outting, the bowling now this guy saids

team: "yo Drew, we'll give you a chance w/ a minimum"

AB: "nah I want more $$$" :cool:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-29-2014, 04:57 PM
**** this guy

ManRam
01-29-2014, 05:03 PM
If the dude doesn't love basketball, what else would you expect? All of us normal people who don't like what we do are obviously going to look for the most money to do it.

Whatever. These guys can do whatever they want. He is only 26...and even giving the peculiar circumstances surrounding him, we've never expected a 26 year old NOT to want the most money he can get.

I don't like the guy...I never had. I said I'd cry if we traded Dwight for him, and that was even when Lakers fans were touting him as the league's best. But I don't get why we have to get mad at him for wanting more than the minimum especially, again, if he doesn't have his heart in basketball. And not having your heart in basketball is 100% fine. That said, if he does get a contract and doesn't do his job, then yeah...**** him!

KniCks4LiFe
01-29-2014, 05:08 PM
If the dude doesn't love basketball, what else would you expect? All of us normal people who don't like what we do are obviously going to look for the most money to do it.

Whatever. These guys can do whatever they want. He is only 26...and even giving the peculiar circumstances surrounding him, we've never expected a 26 year old NOT to want the most money he can get.

I don't like the guy...I never had. I said I'd cry if we traded Dwight for him, and that was even when Lakers fans were touting him as the league's best. But I don't get why we have to get mad at him for wanting more than the minimum especially, again, if he doesn't have his heart in basketball. And not having your heart in basketball is 100% fine. That said, if he does get a contract and doesn't do his job, then yeah...**** him!

What makes this tragically hilarious is he already had a big money deal, got away wit it. And still wants the same circumstance. Like he somewhere saying

"minimum? do y'all know who I am? I'm Andrew Bynum, I brought Kobe his 5th title. I did that! pay me"

LOLS

ManRam
01-29-2014, 05:22 PM
What makes this tragically hilarious is he already had a big money deal, got away wit it. And still wants the same circumstance. Like he somewhere saying

"minimum? do y'all know who I am? I'm Andrew Bynum, I brought Kobe his 5th title. I did that! pay me"

LOLS

I don't think he wants "the same circumstances". He's not dumb enough to think that a team right now can give him a deal worth between 6 or up to 24 million bucks.

But what says that a 26 year old, regardless of how problematic he is, can't hold out for more than the minimum? He'd still be rostered if Cleveland wasn't dumb enough to give him that huge contract (granted much of it was guaranteed). He doesn't owe it to the other teams to take less than he feels he's worth to prove anything. It's his prerogative. If a team is foolish enough to give him more money, it's on them. If he wants to wait out until he gets it, and it never comes, so be it.

It's not like he was a minimum player this year. Was he Andrew Bynum of old? Hell no, but he's worth, on an open market, more than the minimum. And if that's what he wants, I don't care.

Teeboy1487
01-29-2014, 05:36 PM
This guy does not belong in the nba and hopes this is his ticket out of it.

lamzoka
01-29-2014, 09:18 PM
Eddy Curry > Bynum

JNA17
01-29-2014, 09:47 PM

I'm not mad at him for wanting the most Bynum can get, I'm mad that potentially there will be a team stupid enough to do it.

COOLbeans
01-29-2014, 09:51 PM
Well he is a multiple time champion. And we're talking about money here

Chrisclover
01-30-2014, 02:33 AM
Hey guys, dont be mean. He wants more money to play bowling, which is his hobby. Everybody has the freedom to pursue his interest, especially the ungrown kid. Maybe he will go to North Korea to perform his bowling diplomacy and win a Nobel Prize. :hi5:

bholly
01-30-2014, 03:00 AM
It wouldn't surprise me at all if he gets more. He played okay for the Cavs, and had a few real nice games. Someone will want him for the playoffs. Obviously he isn't getting a big long term deal or anything, but there are enough teams with enough exceptions and enough room for him that there has to be a fair chance that at some point someone stumps up more than the min for him for the rest of the year. No-one's going to push themselves into the luxury tax or anything, but it's easy to believe some team will be willing to drop more than the min to have him in case they need some extra size in the playoffs.
The stuff about "he's a joke" and "his career is definitely over" and "he should just go bowling" and "he hates the game" are all a perfectly nice narrative, but a team who has money and needs playoff size isn't going to not pay him because PSD-type fans think he's earned enough in his career or whatever dumb thing.

Goose17
01-30-2014, 05:54 AM
This guy does not belong in the nba and hopes this is his ticket out of it.

Agreed^

Man is a joke. End his career now before it gets ugly.

Drummond#1
01-30-2014, 10:06 AM
If he wants more money maybe he should spend less on fast food?

Drummond#1
01-30-2014, 10:08 AM
The NBA should sanction his rings... If the ncaa can take **** away from Mayo and Bush for ******** the NBA should reprimand players for being complete pieces of **** and ripping off teams.

Cracka2HI!
01-30-2014, 07:22 PM
I'd still take him the Clipps...for the minimum of course!

bomber0104
01-30-2014, 09:53 PM
I would do the same if my heart wasn't in it..

The guy is already making a tonne of money sitting at home doing nothing. Why would he go back to the grind for chump change (for him)?

Only thing you can argue is that he would be playing for a future contract but the dude is already getting payed for this year and next year i think so he can take his sweet *** time

bholly
01-30-2014, 10:00 PM
^He only had $6m guaranteed this year and nothing guaranteed next year. He would've already been paid this year's salary, so now he's not getting paid anything, and he definitely isn't getting paid next year. That's the whole reason Chicago acquired him.

NBA_Starter
01-30-2014, 11:08 PM
I would say this guy has lost it but I am not sure he ever had it to be honest.