PDA

View Full Version : 4 More Days of David J. Stern as NBA Commissioner

P&GRealist
01-27-2014, 11:49 PM
Will you miss the Veto King?

xabial
01-28-2014, 12:05 AM
Hell yeah. I'm going to miss him trolling the fans on draft night. "Thank you for that enthusiastic Brooklyn welcome". I fell of my seat laughing.

Dade County
01-28-2014, 12:10 AM
The puppet master will still be pulling strings behind the curtain.

bholly
01-28-2014, 12:14 AM
I wish he earned enough to buy a team. Dude did a better job than most owners when the league was acting owner of the Hornets. And then we'd get to keep him around, and he could be the one piling up the fines.

desertlakeshow
01-28-2014, 12:31 AM
I am glad to see him go.

For basketball reasons.

DreamShaker
01-28-2014, 12:32 AM
It will be weird without him. And Adam Silver looks creepy. Kind of like Slugsworth from Willy Wonka.

John Walls Era
01-28-2014, 12:53 AM
Without being too racist im assuming stern chose another jew to replace him right? No disrespect to jews, im just saying thats how they do.

Maybe they just needed someone with a law background. The chances that he would be jewish would be high. Now this is no disrespect either, I'm just giving the facts here.

49ersLALSFGiant
01-28-2014, 12:58 AM
Without being too racist im assuming stern chose another jew to replace him right? No disrespect to jews, im just saying thats how they do.

Maybe they just needed someone with a law background. The chances that he would be jewish would be high. Now this is no disrespect either, I'm just giving the facts here.

Ya Adam silver's a Jew

bmd1101
01-28-2014, 12:58 AM
The puppet master will still be pulling strings behind the curtain.

Exactly, it won't be any different, it will be a puppet regime.

Chrisclover
01-28-2014, 12:59 AM
Stern is a maestro of business. He has dedicated himself to promote the NBA to a global level, which is hard to accomplish. Among the major America pro sports, the NBA is probably the most wide spread one all over the globe.

todu82
01-28-2014, 01:10 AM
Stern is a maestro of business. He has dedicated himself to promote the NBA to a global level, which is hard to accomplish. Among the major America pro sports, the NBA is probably the most wide spread one all over the globe.

I agree, the NHL is good in Europe but doesn't have Asia like the NBA does. As to Stern the guy has his critics but overall he did a decent job, he'll be missed.

douglas
01-28-2014, 01:35 AM
Adam Silver looks like Moby.

Duncan = Donkey
01-28-2014, 01:38 AM
Boooo!!!! Boo David, Boo David Stern

Chrisclover
01-28-2014, 03:48 AM
Will you miss the Veto King?
Again, he did not veto the trade,the owners of the 28 teams did. Stern was just the spokesman. I think this should be a common sense after all this happened ages ago.
I am not sure if you were saying it on purpose and just making fun of him

JNA17
01-28-2014, 03:51 AM
All I can say is THANK THE MAKER!

...then again, Adam Silver might not fair much better than that spawn of Satan. XD

HeatBeat
01-28-2014, 03:59 AM
So David Stern and Adam Silver are both Jews? hmmm. That's not right IMO, i wonder if he would et the job if he wasn't jewish. Stern playing a dangerous game.

DreamShaker
01-28-2014, 04:06 AM
I don't understand why it would matter if he's a Jew. That being said, was there really any other candidates? I figured it was automatic with him being the deputy commish.

Duncan = Donkey
01-28-2014, 04:12 AM
So David Stern and Adam Silver are both Jews? hmmm. That's not right IMO, i wonder if he would et the job if he wasn't jewish. Stern playing a dangerous game.

:laugh2:

BHF
01-28-2014, 04:14 AM
Ya Adam silver's a Jew

almost everyone who isn't a player in the nba is LOL including stern and almost every commentator and owner.

KniCks4LiFe
01-28-2014, 05:14 AM
http://i.minus.com/iGL5X3S6po3HD.gif

sunsfan88
01-28-2014, 06:40 AM
Wait so they only hire Jews as commissioner of the NBA now? Are we sure that it isn't just a coincidence?

I remember when Miami beat Dallas in the Finals in 04, people were saying that Stern gifted Wade a bunch of FTs in the series because he didn't want Dirk, the German, to win :laugh:

kdspurman
01-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Good riddance.

bholly
01-28-2014, 10:19 AM
Again, he did not veto the trade,the owners of the 28 teams did. Stern was just the spokesman. I think this should be a common sense after all this happened ages ago.
I am not sure if you were saying it on purpose and just making fun of him

What? How do you figure this? The other owners (of which there were 29, btw) didn't have any power through which to veto. The team was owned and run by the league, and the league decided not to do the trade - the same thing any owner can do regarding their team's trades. We don't know who exactly made the decision, but Stern gets credit because he was the Commissioner.
There were owners who didn't like the deal, and some wrote to Stern suggesting he not approve it, but they didn't have any actual power, let alone a veto. Stern (and the league) could've done whatever they want with the team, like any other owner.

You could to make the argument about how the league is the organization of teams and the commissioner is the owners' representative and all that, but that's always the case, and it doesn't change the fact that the league wields power over them as always. The owners didn't have any more power in this situation than they have over fines or suspensions or any other decisions they've delegated to the league office.

ghettosean
01-28-2014, 10:43 AM

Ya Adam silver's a Jew

Adam Silver is Jewpacabra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG0-dA1svrQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

FYL_McVeezy
01-28-2014, 11:11 AM
Great businessman....horrible for the purity of the game of Basketball.....

I don't see much changing with Silver coming in either...maybe worse

blahblahyoutoo
01-28-2014, 11:29 AM
I agree, the NHL is good in Europe but doesn't have Asia like the NBA does. As to Stern the guy has his critics but overall he did a decent job, he'll be missed.

yup, i don't understand the hate for stern.
the NBA apparently was dying in the 80s? and he grew the business to what it is today.
he cleaned up the image of all the thug players (or tried his best) to make it more marketable to non-inner city ghettos in the US and across the world.

granted, Yao is probably the biggest reason why bball is so popular in asia now, so stern got lucky there.

tr3ymill3r
01-28-2014, 11:34 AM
This will just give Stern more time to freeze envelopes and rig the lottery even more and rescind trades for basketball reasons. However, he has helped to grow the game, and hasn't had it fall apart like baseball and Bud Selig.

Slug3
01-28-2014, 11:44 AM
This is actually kind of scary. We know what we for with Stern, we didn't really like it but we knew. But now we no longer know what's really going to happen. I highly doubt it will be any better.

KniCks4LiFe
01-28-2014, 01:01 PM
This is actually kind of scary. We know what we for with Stern, we didn't really like it but we knew. But now we no longer know what's really going to happen. I highly doubt it will be any better.

Silva has no investment in the disney marketing of NBA basketball, he's one of the people that put that salary cap to reduce the chances of another Miami or LAC super power team being constructed. The league is about to be leveled out. Silva also has talked about doing away w/ the divisions in the NBA, citing it was first created to promote rivalries, and how it's not working so they might change it. Whatever we get w/ Silva will be 10x better than what Stern has reduced this league to. We might see the glory 80's back w/ Silva as the commissioner.

People are quick to give David Stern the credit for popularizing a sport, in an era that brought Michael Jordan, Hakeem the dream, Sir Charles and Stockton.

Hangin n Wangin
01-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Get this douche outta here...

KniCks4LiFe
01-28-2014, 01:12 PM
For every Heat, Bulls, Celtics and Lakers fanbase that Stern built and let happen. He's a huge reason the Pacers, Knicks, 76ers, Nets, Magic, Sonics, Kings, Bucks... he's a tremendous reason why these teams aren't popping to FA or worldwide fans like it should. Those 90's Knicks, the Kidd led Nets of the 2000's, The Sonics wit GP and Kemp, The A.I. led Sixers [tho King was more the cancer there] The league has no real rivalries. And it's sicken to a sport that was built on this. So David Stern go sit on a shotter! [you know what I mean] b/c you can just disappear from now on.

NYKnickFanatic
01-28-2014, 01:15 PM

I didn't know Jew was a race.

JNA17
01-28-2014, 01:47 PM
I didn't know Jew was a race.

We might as well be. :(

Slug3
01-28-2014, 02:17 PM
Silva has no investment in the disney marketing of NBA basketball, he's one of the people that put that salary cap to reduce the chances of another Miami or LAC super power team being constructed. The league is about to be leveled out. Silva also has talked about doing away w/ the divisions in the NBA, citing it was first created to promote rivalries, and how it's not working so they might change it. Whatever we get w/ Silva will be 10x better than what Stern has reduced this league to. We might see the glory 80's back w/ Silva as the commissioner.

People are quick to give David Stern the credit for popularizing a sport, in an era that brought Michael Jordan, Hakeem the dream, Sir Charles and Stockton.

I don't ever see the players agreeing to a hard cap so it won't happen.

KniCks4LiFe
01-28-2014, 03:14 PM
I don't ever see the players agreeing to a hard cap so it won't happen.

I just noticed I called him Silva instead of Silver. What a weird last name for a Jew. Anyway he's meeting w/ LeBron in the offseason to discuss on ways to improve the NBA. With Lebron and a few other players.

douglas
01-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Goodbye to David Stern's turkey neck. Gobble gobble!