PDA

View Full Version : Lakers should move Nash....

TheBatchelor213
01-27-2014, 10:56 PM
Yeah he's hurt and apparently he tweaked his back again, but I'm guessing he comes back next week, let him show he's healthy enough to get up and down the court and then move him, even if its for nothing, let the guy go to a contender (if he wants) that could some pg help and leadership.....

Mavs backing up Calderon?
Blazers backing up D Lil?

Chrisclover
01-27-2014, 10:59 PM
Nobody will want a washed up PG who may retire in 2015 with a 9mil each year contract.
Maybe they can swap the garbage contracts?but are there any contenders with garbage contracts.seems no

P&GRealist
01-27-2014, 11:09 PM
Nobody wants him. Lakers will probably stretch waive him in the summer.

uprightciti
01-27-2014, 11:14 PM
honestly i would say 3 team trade him to the heat its his only shot at getting a championship before he retires

Duncan = Donkey
01-27-2014, 11:15 PM
I love Nash, but no one is trading for him.

Ebbs
01-27-2014, 11:16 PM
Who wants Nash? His contract is awful and he himself says he's on the verge of retirement due to back pain.

NYKnickFanatic
01-27-2014, 11:21 PM
Nash needs to go back to PHX, so he can get healthy again.

JNA17
01-27-2014, 11:24 PM
It's not the question if the Lakers should move him, it's the question of who the hell would want him?

Duncan = Donkey
01-27-2014, 11:25 PM

As long as comes a Free Agent on a vet min 1 year deal, after being bought out by the Lakers. Then yes i would welcome him with open arms.

NYKnickFanatic
01-27-2014, 11:36 PM
It's not the question if the Lakers should move him, it's the question of who the hell would want him?

Probably the Knicks...Shump, Hardaway Jr. and a couple of 1st round picks.

Lol

kobebabe
01-28-2014, 12:22 AM
Who the Hell would want Nash??

SPURSFAN1
01-28-2014, 12:25 AM
Dude is overpriced and can't play anymore. Who wants him?

KniCks4LiFe
01-28-2014, 12:26 AM

Lol

:laugh2:

kobe4thewinbang
01-28-2014, 01:11 AM
Saddest story. I was hoping Nash would be a good thing for the Lakers. He always had problems, but it's like black and white compared to his time in Phoenix.

Rndy
01-28-2014, 01:14 AM
Maybe the Lakers can sneak him into PHX locker room and get him into the fountain of youth.

Duncan = Donkey
01-28-2014, 01:25 AM
Saddest story. I was hoping Nash would be a good thing for the Lakers. He always had problems, but it's like black and white compared to his time in Phoenix.

Yeah it was never this bad in PHX, he would miss the odd game due to his back. But that only happened 3-4 times a year. Nash has to be missing Aaron Neslon.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-28-2014, 01:55 AM
Phoenix smuggled us a Trojan horse to infiltrate us and destroy us from within.

Nobody wants him. He will be stretch waived and be on the cap for the next three years at around $3 million each year.

Hawkeye15
01-28-2014, 01:57 AM
his trade value is horrible. If they move him, they would be beyond lucky to even get salary relief.

HeatBeat
01-28-2014, 03:10 AM
Man, PHX hosed the Lakers in this trade.

JNA17
01-28-2014, 03:13 AM

Lol

Knowing Jim Buss, he would still decline that deal and want Melo to sweeten the deal. I mean it's Steve freaking Nash am I right?

... *sign*

JNA17
01-28-2014, 03:19 AM
Yeah it was never this bad in PHX, he would miss the odd game due to his back. But that only happened 3-4 times a year. Nash has to be missing Aaron Neslon.

I have a serious question about the Suns medical staff.

What the **** do they do to the Suns players? Are they giving them HGH? A basketball filled with stolen basketball talent by the Monstars? instant healing potions? Estus Flasks? (cookie for reference) Superman's durability drink? Pepto Bismol? Infinite supply of Vicodin?

Lakers should have bought your staff along with Nash in that deal. :pity:

Iron24th
01-28-2014, 04:53 AM
He should retire, but he seems to be very stubborn.

PurpleLynch
01-28-2014, 08:26 AM
I have a serious question about the Suns medical staff.

What the **** do they do to the Suns players? Are they giving them HGH? A basketball filled with stolen basketball talent by the Monstars? instant healing potions? Estus Flasks? (cookie for reference) Superman's durability drink? Pepto Bismol? Infinite supply of Vicodin?

Lakers should have bought your staff along with Nash in that deal. :pity:

Nope. It's the ****in' Lazarus Pit that Suns medical staff is hiding!Also,Estus Flasks for the in game fast recovery.

naps
01-28-2014, 09:04 AM
I say go back to where you belong Nash. If he was still in Phoenix, he wouldn't be injured and he would still be putting up incredible numbers.

NYKnickFanatic
01-28-2014, 10:44 AM
:laugh2:
You laugh cause you know it's true lol.

LanceUpperCut
01-28-2014, 11:39 AM
Raps would give you Landry Fields and Pyscho T for Nash and Hill.

Goose17
01-28-2014, 11:47 AM
Phoenix smuggled us a Trojan horse to infiltrate us and destroy us from within.

LMAO^ awesome.

Only way you move him is by paying someone to take him or take on a big contract, or both. Are the Lakers tanking yet? They should be. They should package Nash with anyone they have of value for picks.

I.E

Nash, Kaman and Xavier Henry for Perkins, Thabeet and 2014 first round pick (originally from Dallas)

OKC upgrade their 5 position by ditching Perkins for Kaman who has a PER more than DOUBLE Perks. They get some more bench scoring/depth from Xavier and if they can somehow keep Nash healthy he would be a nice role player for them. All they're really giving up is that first round pick, which likely won't be very high anyway, Dallas are going to be a playoff team.

Lakers get a pick for two expiring contracts and one of the greatest point guards that ever lived... up until he left Phoenix.

WHY NOT??!?!!!!?!?!?

:laugh:

Slug3
01-28-2014, 11:50 AM

I have to ask and hopefully some suns fans can answer this. Who have the suns magically gotten healthy that their staff gets all this praise?

Goose17
01-28-2014, 12:10 PM
I have to ask and hopefully some suns fans can answer this. Who have the suns magically gotten healthy that their staff gets all this praise?

Helping a broken 36 year old Shaq return to his All Star form. The revival of Grant Hills career after being told he should retire after several ankle injuries. Helping Nash maintain his high caliber of play while pushing 40. Getting another season out of Michael Redd after he missed 185 games. They got 50 games out of him, almost the total amount of games he played in the three previous seasons. There's been a few other role players and veterans that have been more robust when playing with phoenix.

JoeDirt05
01-28-2014, 12:12 PM
Yeah he's hurt and apparently he tweaked his back again, but I'm guessing he comes back next week, let him show he's healthy enough to get up and down the court and then move him, even if its for nothing, let the guy go to a contender (if he wants) that could some pg help and leadership.....

Mavs backing up Calderon?
Blazers backing up D Lil?

We have mo Williams and Cj no thanks

ManRam
01-28-2014, 12:22 PM
He's signed for $9.7M next year. No one is taking that on...not even either NY team.

The only way it makes sense is if a team sends an even worse contract back to LA...and I think it's safe to say that LA isn't looking to add crappy long-term salaries at this point...so it would have to be a similar deal in length. That trade proposal by Goose is the only thing that possibly could work. Similarly crappy contracts, and miscellaneous other pieces. Even still...it seems too lateral of a trade for either team to ever do it.

NYKnickFanatic
01-28-2014, 12:37 PM
Helping a broken 36 year old Shaq return to his All Star form. The revival of Grant Hills career after being told he should retire after several ankle injuries. Helping Nash maintain his high caliber of play while pushing 40. Getting another season out of Michael Redd after he missed 185 games. They got 50 games out of him, almost the total amount of games he played in the three previous seasons. There's been a few other role players and veterans that have been more robust when playing with phoenix.

I think I'd throw Amare in there, as well.

JNA17
01-28-2014, 12:44 PM
LMAO^ awesome.

Only way you move him is by paying someone to take him or take on a big contract, or both. Are the Lakers tanking yet? They should be. They should package Nash with anyone they have of value for picks.

I.E

Nash, Kaman and Xavier Henry for Perkins, Thabeet and 2014 first round pick (originally from Dallas)

OKC upgrade their 5 position by ditching Perkins for Kaman who has a PER more than DOUBLE Perks. They get some more bench scoring/depth from Xavier and if they can somehow keep Nash healthy he would be a nice role player for them. All they're really giving up is that first round pick, which likely won't be very high anyway, Dallas are going to be a playoff team.

Lakers get a pick for two expiring contracts and one of the greatest point guards that ever lived... up until he left Phoenix.

WHY NOT??!?!!!!?!?!?

:laugh:

Where do I sign? 0_0

JNA17
01-28-2014, 12:46 PM
Nope. It's the ****in' Lazarus Pit that Suns medical staff is hiding!Also,Estus Flasks for the in game fast recovery.

Oh snap!

http://memecrunch.com/meme/13FIX/what-a-twist/image.png

Bruno
01-28-2014, 09:14 PM
were suck with him.

well played Phoenix, well played.

Jim Buss went all in with a horrible team strategy, convinced his dad on his death bed that it was the right thing to do and ran with it. we are now seeing the results.

in their defense, the Chris Paul trade sabotaged the Lakers. it ruined our chemistry and ripped the heart out of the team. in defense of david stern, he made the right move. BUT, he should have intervened wayyy before stepping in to block it once it had been completed. He should have been called as the deal was being constructed.

its okay, the Lakers are getting a top three pick this season. the randomness of the draft lottery will work itself out and give the Lakers a tip of the hat. from there LA can rebuild that piece or immediately flip it ALA Jeff Green/Ray Allen and try to make a final push...again.

If LA can sign one good free agent and flip this pick from a disgruntled all-star, next year might be half way interesting.

I like steve nash though. he's trying and thats all you can ask. the fact that he's still playing or trying is incredible considering his age.

Duncan = Donkey
01-28-2014, 09:36 PM
I think I'd throw Amare in there, as well.

And Jermaine O'Neil

WES KOAST
01-28-2014, 10:43 PM

Jermaine oneal too. wanna see nash finish out his career in okc or gs

WES KOAST
01-28-2014, 10:45 PM
were suck with him.

well played Phoenix, well played.

Jim Buss went all in with a horrible team strategy, convinced his dad on his death bed that it was the right thing to do and ran with it. we are now seeing the results.

in their defense, the Chris Paul trade sabotaged the Lakers. it ruined our chemistry and ripped the heart out of the team. in defense of david stern, he made the right move. BUT, he should have intervened wayyy before stepping in to block it once it had been completed. He should have been called as the deal was being constructed.

its okay, the Lakers are getting a top three pick this season. the randomness of the draft lottery will work itself out and give the Lakers a tip of the hat. from there LA can rebuild that piece or immediately flip it ALA Jeff Green/Ray Allen and try to make a final push...again.

If LA can sign one good free agent and flip this pick from a disgruntled all-star, next year might be half way interesting.

I like steve nash though. he's trying and thats all you can ask. the fact that he's still playing or trying is incredible considering his age.

haha chris paul. man cp3 and howard aint winners so don't make it sound like the lakers were gonna win a title with those guys

Chrisclover
01-29-2014, 12:49 AM
He is injury prone and sometimes too hasty thus getting himself hurt again. Then he realized that he should do the safest thing and not let his angst get the best of him. This is why he keep off court for nearly 3months. If it doesnt work this time, he will really put his season in jeopary and back to square one. The only thing he needs to do is get the health under his belt,which is a real brutal dog fight .
For his age, the window of basketball is very short. The odds have been against him the last few months but it is a new situation for him and is asking all new thing of his resolve. He may just accept a lesser role, namely a sixth man or even a role player.