PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Raptors likely to deal Lowry

Pages : [1] 2

spreadeagle
01-27-2014, 02:25 PM
As a Raps fan hope this isnt true, hes been great. Guess it all depends on the deal though, Masai is really good at making deals and I guess the thinking is to sell high on Lowry. Wonder if he gets dealt where he ends up

ESPN's Marc Stein reports that the "sense" around the NBA is that the Raptors are more likely to trade Kyle Lowry than to keep him through the deadline this season.
No team has yet made an offer rich enough to pry away Lowry, who is in the midst of one of the best stretches in his career. The Raptors' trajectory toward the playoffs may also encourage the Raptors to keep him, but that's fraught with risk since Toronto will have nothing to show for it if he leaves as a free agent this summer. K-Low's name will be a fixture on the trade-rumor circuit over the next few weeks, so get used to these speculative reports.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1269

jonswanson
01-27-2014, 02:27 PM
Ship him to the Knicks for Beno Udrih :) ... In my dreams

Stunner
01-27-2014, 02:29 PM
Lol Lowry has done this before

Contract year : ball out
Signs a new contract : doesn't live up
Gets traded : doesn't start balling out again till his contract year

KniCks4LiFe
01-27-2014, 02:52 PM
here we go again.

RipCity32
01-27-2014, 02:54 PM
He probably won't resign with Toronto anyways. Plus Massai knows he's not going to win a championship right now so might as well get more assets.

spreadeagle
01-27-2014, 02:56 PM
He probably won't resign with Toronto anyways. Plus Massai knows he's not going to win a championship right now so might as well get more assets.

He has great chemistry with this group for a guy who has bounced around and been called a bad locker room guy, but im sure he will get a few huge offers from struggling teams in Free agency

KniCks4LiFe
01-27-2014, 02:58 PM
So it must mean that Lowry doesn't want to stay in Toronto. He's a perfect fit for them.

What Vasquez's numbers off the bench?

spreadeagle
01-27-2014, 02:59 PM
So it must mean that Lowry doesn't want to stay in Toronto. He's a perfect fit for them.

hes been pretty crap

KniCks4LiFe
01-27-2014, 03:02 PM
and they just pulled DeRozan tonight from the Nets game. They are trying to tank. Massiah is in for Wiggins.

spreadeagle
01-27-2014, 03:04 PM
and they just pulled DeRozan tonight from the Nets game. They are trying to tank. Massiah is in for Wiggins.

lol ****ing Turkoglu took out Derozan the other night, that ******* keeps ****ing us yrs after being traded

KniCks4LiFe
01-27-2014, 03:05 PM
lol ****ing Turkoglu took out Derozan the other night, that ******* keeps ****ing us yrs after being traded

Oh :laugh2:

Sadds The Gr8
01-27-2014, 03:05 PM
yea it's tough because he's playing well but if he's giving no indication to stay then you might as well get something for him. usually guys that want to stay give some kind of indication, public or private. I've seen reports of interest in the Raps wanting to keep him, but I haven't seen reports of Lowry actually wanting to stay.

BHF
01-27-2014, 03:09 PM
He has great chemistry with this group for a guy who has bounced around and been called a bad locker room guy, but im sure he will get a few huge offers from struggling teams in Free agency

none of these things are true

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 03:10 PM

sort of my feeling as well. disappointing.

and vasquez give me no confidence.

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 03:10 PM

lololol

waveycrockett
01-27-2014, 03:11 PM
Knicks need to step up. The price for him may have gone back down to just a 1st RD'er

spreadeagle
01-27-2014, 03:15 PM

I can link you a bunch of articles that would agree with me, and if he leaves Raps whats that his 4th team?

spreadeagle
01-27-2014, 03:15 PM
Knicks need to step up. The price for him may have gone back down to just a 1st RD'er

gone down? hes played MUCH better since last trade talks with Knicks

smith&wesson
01-27-2014, 03:20 PM
teams arent going to give the raps what were asking for a half season rental

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-27-2014, 03:21 PM
I dunno why anyone would give up much for him when they could just sign him at years end

KniCks4LiFe
01-27-2014, 03:24 PM

Doubt it. We offered Shump and Metta and Ray and Dolan pulled it. But I doubt Massiah was gonna make that deal. I heard Brooklyn and Chicago was closer to landing him. I think Chicago it makes so much sense. They'd relieve cap space.

spreadeagle
01-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Lowry Amir Fields for Lin and Asik..I know Lowry was on Rockets before n it didnt work but with Parsons Harden n Howard he would really boast them to contending status, and Raps would have a great 1, 2 punch at center With Val n Asik and a good PG in Lin for a cpl yrs

KniCks4LiFe
01-27-2014, 03:28 PM
Lowry Amir Fields for Lin and Asik..I know Lowry was on Rockets before n it didnt work but with Parsons Harden n Howard he would really boast them to contending status, and Raps would have a great 1, 2 punch at center With Val n Asik and a good PG in Lin for a cpl yrs

You don't want to land Lin + Asik, they'd make you a playoff team. Toronto doesn't want that.

TrueFan420
01-27-2014, 03:28 PM
yea it's tough because he's playing well but if he's giving no indication to stay then you might as well get something for him. usually guys that want to stay give some kind of indication, public or private. I've seen reports of interest in the Raps wanting to keep him, but I haven't seen reports of Lowry actually wanting to stay.
It's prob cause he will chase the richest contract he can get and I doubt the raps are interested in giving him the type of money he wants.

BHF
01-27-2014, 03:32 PM
lololol

You seem to laugh at my posts quite a bit for a guy that prob doesn't know how to hold basketball proprietary, Lowry was never a bad locker room guy he just didn't want to come of the bench for Calderon after he was promised the starting spot.

BHF
01-27-2014, 03:36 PM
You don't want to land Lin + Asik, they'd make you a playoff team. Toronto doesn't want that.

Toronto is already a playoff mainly because of Lowry.

Stunner
01-27-2014, 03:38 PM
Knicks can offer one out of the 3 1st round picks they will get from bulls once they smarten up and trade Melo lol

spreadeagle
01-27-2014, 03:40 PM
You seem to laugh at my posts quite a bit for a guy that prob doesn't know how to hold basketball proprietary, Lowry was never a bad locker room guy he just didn't want to come of the bench for Calderon after he was promised the starting spot.

he had problems in Hou for sure and the Grizz as well I think and like you mentioned a bit with the Raps

BHF
01-27-2014, 03:46 PM
he had problems in Hou for sure and the Grizz as well I think and like you mentioned a bit with the Raps

Yeah the Hou thing was the only thing really never heard anything about the Grizzlies. What i mean with a bad locker room guy was more in terms of a team mate and he was and still is a good team mate.

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 03:47 PM

and you must have missed the part where he did in fact bounce around, getting traded from Memphis to Houston, and from Houston and Toronto, with stories of having issues with coaches at each stop.

don't get me wrong, i love Lowry. but if i'm standing here holding an apple and someone comes along and says "nice apple!" i'm not going to be like "nuh'uh! it's an orange stupid!".

and what the heck is "basketball proprietary" because i asked my friends Webster, Collins and Wordsworth and none of them had ever heard of it.

tr3ymill3r
01-27-2014, 03:55 PM
They are going to be seeking a first since Houston screwed them over and landed Harden because of it.

Goose17
01-27-2014, 04:15 PM
My suggestions

Idea 1:

Miami send; Mario Chalmers, James Jones and 2017 first round pick.
Toronto send; Kyle Lowry.

Why for Raps? They get a future first for an expiring contract, will the big 3 still be in Miami? What sort of state will the team be in come 2017? They also get a promising young player in Chalmers who is likely to stick around.

Why for Heat? They get Lowry, an upgrade over Mario. Durrrr.

Idea 2;

Atlanta send; Shelvin Mack, Gustavo Ayon, Elton Brand and 2015 first round draft pick from Brooklyn.
Toronto send; Kyle Lowry and Tyler Hansbrough.

Why for Raps? They get a first round pick for an expiring contract, a pick that could be high depending on how Brooklyn end up. They get three expiring contracts in Gustavo, Brand and the high potential Shelvin Mack.

Why for Hawks? They get a solid point guard who might stick around if they're contending this year and for the forseeable future, which they might in the East with a line up of Kyle Lowry - Kyle Korver - DeMarre Carroll - Paul Millsap - Al Horford.

Idea 3:

Golden State send; Speights, Nedovic and 2019 first round pick.

Why for Raps? The pick is a long way away, granted. But it's still a first round pick for an expiring contract. There's no incentive for Lowry to stick around, you get a point guard with decent potential in Nedovic and a competent PF in Speights to make the money work plus a future first.

Why for Dubs? Well durrrr.

Ebbs
01-27-2014, 04:22 PM
No to all of those.

Raptors aren't looking for a ten year rebuild. 2014 first or younger players signed on longer deals. Lowry has played great ball his value has highly risen.

Goose17
01-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Raptors aren't looking for a ten year rebuild. 2014 first or younger players signed on longer deals. Lowry has played great ball his value has highly risen.

LOL his value has risen? Sure he's been balling but he's still on an expiring contract, good luck getting a 2014 lotto pick for a guy who could walk away from whatever team trades for him.

If there was a team option you might get more, but an expiring guard who has a history of attitude problems (has everyone forgotten the Houston drama?)... it doesn't matter how well he's playing, people only trade a lotto pick in the current "stacked" draft if they're certain the player is sticking around.

And how would a 2017 or 2015 pick be a ten year rebuild? That's three years and ONE year respectively. Did you struggle with math at school?

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 04:29 PM
roll the dice then and hold onto him. guys playing better than any other PG in the east.

Ill21
01-27-2014, 04:32 PM
Knicks ****ed this up big time. They could have had him for a lot less than what the Raptors are asking for now

Goose17
01-27-2014, 04:36 PM
roll the dice then and hold onto him. guys playing better than any other PG in the east.

Really? John Wall might have something to say about that. Kyrie isn't far off the mark either.

Lowry; 16 PPG, 7.5 APG, 4.2 RPG, 1.6 SPG, (.42 FG%, .39 3PT%)
Wall; 20 PPG, 8.5 APG, 4.3 RPG, 1.9 SPG, (.42 FG%, .32 3PT%)
Irving; 21.5 PPG, 6.2 APG, 3 RPG, 1.2 SPG, (.42 FG%, .36 3PT%)

I disagree with hanging onto him, Lowry has no incentive to stay in Toronto, move him now and get something in return instead of losing him to FA and getting nothing.

Ebbs
01-27-2014, 04:37 PM
LOL his value has risen? Sure he's been balling but he's still on an expiring contract, good luck getting a 2014 lotto pick for a guy who could walk away from whatever team trades for him.

If there was a team option you might get more, but an expiring guard who has a history of attitude problems (has everyone forgotten the Houston drama?)... it doesn't matter how well he's playing, people only trade a lotto pick in the current "stacked" draft if they're certain the player is sticking around.

And how would a 2017 or 2015 pick be a ten year rebuild? That's three years and ONE year respectively. Did you struggle with math at school?

You are lost.

Goose17
01-27-2014, 04:39 PM
You are lost.

You are wrong.

lajoie
01-27-2014, 04:41 PM
Really? John Wall might have something to say about that. Kyrie isn't far off the mark either.

I disagree with hanging onto him, Lowry has no incentive to stay in Toronto, move him now and get something in return instead of losing him to FA and getting nothing.

Whose he going to sign with that's going to give him more money than the Raptors? There aren't that many teams that are in desperate need of PGs.

I think the issue is whether the Raptors think he's worth what he's going to ask for in free agency.

Rockice_8
01-27-2014, 04:42 PM
# 2 makes no sense at all. ATL has Teague who is playing solid ball and the Hawks don't have Brooklyn's 2015 pick, they have swap rights so that makes no sense for either team really.

#3 just flat out sucks outside of the pick which is way too far away.

#1 has some upside only if Wade retires and LBJ leaves. If LBJ stays then it'll be a late pick since he'll can single handedly carry the team himself.

If those were my choices right now I'd wait and see If I can get a better deal then the MIA one. If not maybe pull the trigger last min. I think they can probably do a little better though.

Goose17
01-27-2014, 04:42 PM
Whose he going to sign with that's going to give him more money than the Raptors? There aren't that many teams that are in desperate need of PGs.

I think the issue is whether the Raptors think he's worth what he's going to ask for in free agency.

You really think the Raptors pay him?

And do you think Lowry takes a little less to contend or takes a little more to be a first round exit for the next four years?

Ebbs
01-27-2014, 04:48 PM
You are wrong.

You are beyond the help of man and god.

lajoie
01-27-2014, 04:54 PM
You really think the Raptors pay him?

And do you think Lowry takes a little less to contend or takes a little more to be a first round exit for the next four years?

I repeat my question, which contender needs a PG and is going to pay him the probably $10 million a year he's going to want?

spreadeagle
01-27-2014, 04:56 PM
My suggestions

Idea 1:

Miami send; Mario Chalmers, James Jones and 2017 first round pick.

Why for Raps? They get a future first for an expiring contract, will the big 3 still be in Miami? What sort of state will the team be in come 2017? They also get a promising young player in Chalmers who is likely to stick around.

Why for Heat? They get Lowry, an upgrade over Mario. Durrrr.

Idea 2;

Atlanta send; Shelvin Mack, Gustavo Ayon, Elton Brand and 2015 first round draft pick from Brooklyn.
Toronto send; Kyle Lowry and Tyler Hansbrough.

Why for Raps? They get a first round pick for an expiring contract, a pick that could be high depending on how Brooklyn end up. They get three expiring contracts in Gustavo, Brand and the high potential Shelvin Mack.

Why for Hawks? They get a solid point guard who might stick around if they're contending this year and for the forseeable future, which they might in the East with a line up of Kyle Lowry - Kyle Korver - DeMarre Carroll - Paul Millsap - Al Horford.

Idea 3:

Golden State send; Speights, Nedovic and 2019 first round pick.

Why for Raps? The pick is a long way away, granted. But it's still a first round pick for an expiring contract. There's no incentive for Lowry to stick around, you get a point guard with decent potential in Nedovic and a competent PF in Speights to make the money work plus a future first.

Why for Dubs? Well durrrr.

I like it

xxplayerxx23
01-27-2014, 04:58 PM
Shump Felton and 2018 first for Lowry

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 04:59 PM

Wall? really? that's interesting. i guess no penalty for inefficient scoring in your marking system. big one in mine.

showtym24
01-27-2014, 05:14 PM
Think he'll be a laker in july.

Goose17
01-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Wall? really? that's interesting. i guess no penalty for inefficient scoring in your marking system. big one in mine.

Wall is far from an inefficient scorer, his TS% is .522

Has Lowry been a more efficient scorer? Sure. Does that make him the better player? No.

Lowry has the better TS%, Wall has the better STL%, AST%, TRB% AND PER.

On top of that, Lowry doesn't even create the majority of his shots himself, 52% of his jump shots are assisted on.

Walls win% is 57.1% compared to Lowrys 53.7%

And there's the on/off numbers, Walls Net Points per 100 Possessions is +15.3. Lowrys Net Points per 100 Possessions is +1.4

Should I go on? They're both playing very well. But Wall is the better player. The only thing Lowry really does significantly better is shoot the 3. But Wall is notorious for having a weak jumper.

tredigs
01-27-2014, 05:18 PM
Is the common belief that he will be leaving Toronto at the end of the season and they just want to get something for him?

tredigs
01-27-2014, 05:18 PM
Lowry for Barnes and Speights. Do it.

TO Rapz
01-27-2014, 05:23 PM
Lowry for Harrison Barnes? I'd be interested.

spreadeagle
01-27-2014, 05:28 PM
Is the common belief that he will be leaving Toronto at the end of the season and they just want to get something for him?

first im hearing of it, thought they would try n resign him

Goose17
01-27-2014, 05:33 PM

I would want us to get more, no reason to think Lowry would sign an extension with us to be a sixth man when he could sign with about twenty other teams that would make him a starter (and probably give him more money).

On top of that Barnes is still very young and has huge upside, even if he has been struggling.

If we're giving up Barnes I would want more back.

Barnes, Speights and Nedovic for Lowry and Ross. Even then I would be hesitant.

BHF
01-27-2014, 05:35 PM
and you must have missed the part where he did in fact bounce around, getting traded from Memphis to Houston, and from Houston and Toronto, with stories of having issues with coaches at each stop.

don't get me wrong, i love Lowry. but if i'm standing here holding an apple and someone comes along and says "nice apple!" i'm not going to be like "nuh'uh! it's an orange stupid!".

and what the heck is "basketball proprietary" because i asked my friends Webster, Collins and Wordsworth and none of them had ever heard of it.

Three teams is nothing in the nba its avg or below avg when you look how many teams players change in their career.

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 05:37 PM
Wall is far from an inefficient scorer, his TS% is .522

Has Lowry been a more efficient scorer? Sure. Does that make him the better player? No.

Lowry has the better TS%, Wall has the better STL%, AST%, TRB% AND PER.

On top of that, Lowry doesn't even create the majority of his shots himself, 52% of his jump shots are assisted on.

Walls win% is 57.1% compared to Lowrys 53.7%

And there's the on/off numbers, Walls Net Points per 100 Possessions is +15.3. Lowrys Net Points per 100 Possessions is +1.4

Should I go on? They're both playing very well. But Wall is the better player. The only thing Lowry really does significantly better is shoot the 3. But Wall is notorious for having a weak jumper.

Wall is a perfectly valid choice if you prefer flash, and volume and all that good stuff.

Lowry has crammed far more productive value into his touches, his raw numbers aren't far off despite 5 less shots per game and a usage rate of almost 33% less.

his defense is just as good and he leads the league in charges drawn by a country mile. that's not an exaggeration. in addition to his steals he turns over the opposition almost a whopping 2 times a game on charges. that adds a ton of value.

so while Wall is dominating his teams offense and leading what should have been a pretty good team in this conference to an underwhelming record, Lowry is leading his team to overachieve to the point where they had to abandon the firesale they had planned.

here is a look at the Win Share leaderboard

Durant 11.5
James 8.8
Love 8.1
George 7.6
Paul 6.9
Curry 6.9
Blake 6.8
Lowry 6.6
where is Wall?
oh there he is
Wall 4.4

ps. what the f is a win% and on/off stats for a half season are **** and you know it.

BHF
01-27-2014, 05:42 PM
I would want us to get more, no reason to think Lowry would sign an extension with us to be a sixth man when he could sign with about twenty other teams that would make him a starter (and probably give him more money).

On top of that Barnes is still very young and has huge upside, even if he has been struggling.

If we're giving up Barnes I would want more back.

Barnes, Speights and Nedovic for Lowry and Fields. Even then I would be hesitant.

Fixed.

Goose17
01-27-2014, 05:45 PM
I will accept Lowry is just as good a defender, in fact, I would argue he's slightly better due to experience. But Wall is still the better player, he's just more efficient in general, even if his shooting isn't great. Plus when you you take his ceiling into account?

so while Wall is dominating his teams offense and leading what should have been a pretty good team in this conference to an underwhelming record, Lowry is leading his team to overachieve to the point where they had to abandon the firesale they had planned.

But Lowry is playing for a better team that is better coached and better managed. Beal doesn't compare to DeRozan who is BALLING this season. Gortat is the only guy worth mentioning.

Goose17
01-27-2014, 05:46 PM
Fixed.

LOL. I think I'll pass. An expiring player who will likely leave us and a scrub for a guy who manhandled his counterpart in the playoff series against San Antonio? #Lopsided.

IndyRealist
01-27-2014, 05:48 PM
George Hill and a 2016 future first for Lowry and Amir.

Goose17
01-27-2014, 05:49 PM
George Hill and a 2016 future first for Lowry and Amir.

Fair^

ManRam
01-27-2014, 05:50 PM

I don't think that. Obviously we're all outsiders and know nothing...but I feel like it's just being Masai being safe. He sees a 27 year old PG having a career year and about to hit the market. He's going to command a lot in FA and it just might not be worth Toronto's time. Again, just my uneducated guess.

I think that's a fair deal for both trades...but I'm surprised to see a GS fan OK with it. Barnes' stock shouldn't be as high as I feel most GS fans probably hoped it would be at this time. He looked nice in the playoffs, but the year and a half in the regular seasons...not so much. Lowry would be a huge help IMO.

BHF
01-27-2014, 05:51 PM
LOL. I think I'll pass. An expiring player who will likely leave us and a scrub for a guy who manhandled his counterpart in the playoff series against San Antonio? #Lopsided.

Pretty sure raps pass on this deal as well Barnes, Speights and Nedovic for Lowry and Ross. :)

Goose17
01-27-2014, 05:55 PM
Lowry would be a huge help IMO.

He would be a massive help... for a few months, then he would leave in free agency and we would have lost Barnes AND Lowry.

Not to mention his crappy attitude might ruin the chemistry.

BHF
01-27-2014, 06:05 PM
He would be a massive help... for a few months, then he would leave in free agency and we would have lost Barnes AND Lowry.

Not to mention his crappy attitude might ruin the chemistry.

Its possible he leaves and you end up with nothing its a risk i agree, but the second part i don't agree with he doesn't have a bad attitude.

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 06:07 PM
I will accept Lowry is just as good a defender, in fact, I would argue he's slightly better due to experience. But Wall is still the better player, he's just more efficient in general, even if his shooting isn't great. Plus when you you take his ceiling into account?
personally a players "ceiling" has no value to me. i think the players who go should go on the merits of their performance that season and that season only. Wall will get his eventually.

having said that we both know he will go this year anyways LOL

But Lowry is playing for a better team that is better coached and better managed. Beal doesn't compare to DeRozan who is BALLING this season. Gortat is the only guy worth mentioning.
is the team better or just getting better results because of the performance of the players that make it up, one of which is Lowry?

washington has plenty of talented players.

John Walls Era
01-27-2014, 06:11 PM
Hes going to want $50 Million 5 year deal. So no surprise they will trade him.

ghettosean
01-27-2014, 06:13 PM

I'd be interested in that trade if it's on the table....

Barnes is a waste there with Iggy taking all the minutes and if they are really serious in winning it all they will seriously consider taking Lowry who if not SHOULD be an all star this year (he sure is playing like one).

aman_13
01-27-2014, 06:29 PM

No he isn't. I don't get how you believe he is more efficient than Lowry after reading Jamie's post.

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 06:38 PM
I'd be interested in that trade if it's on the table....

Barnes is a waste there with Iggy taking all the minutes and if they are really serious in winning it all they will seriously consider taking Lowry who if not SHOULD be an all star this year (he sure is playing like one).

i'd rather they kept looking. let's face it nobody is going to give us equal value because he can walk so draft picks are the best value we can hope for.

aman_13
01-27-2014, 06:48 PM
I think GS would be crazy to give up Barnes considering his upside and the fact that Lowry could possibly walk at the end of the yr.

ghettosean
01-27-2014, 06:55 PM
i'd rather they kept looking. let's face it nobody is going to give us equal value because he can walk so draft picks are the best value we can hope for.

True... Hey we almost got Tim Hardaway Jr with a pick from the NYK. Someone will bite at some point... NYK wants to keep Carmelo at all costs and show him they are serious to win it all and win now. Same with GS and Curry they probably want to show him that they want to win now (pretty sure the owner does also).

You are right though most likely that deal doesn't go through unless they are in a win now mentality.

TrueFan420
01-27-2014, 07:20 PM
I think GS would be crazy to give up Barnes considering his upside and the fact that Lowry could possibly walk at the end of the yr.

I could understand dealing him but I too think it's too soon as well as don't like the fact that Lowry is expiring. And by no means am I as high on Barnes as many warrior fans have been. We really just need a back up pg that can run an offense and it would make his life much easier.

tredigs
01-27-2014, 07:22 PM
I don't think that. Obviously we're all outsiders and know nothing...but I feel like it's just being Masai being safe. He sees a 27 year old PG having a career year and about to hit the market. He's going to command a lot in FA and it just might not be worth Toronto's time. Again, just my uneducated guess.

I think that's a fair deal for both trades...but I'm surprised to see a GS fan OK with it. Barnes' stock shouldn't be as high as I feel most GS fans probably hoped it would be at this time. He looked nice in the playoffs, but the year and a half in the regular seasons...not so much. Lowry would be a huge help IMO.

As to the 1st paragraph, makes enough sense.

As for Barnes + Speights for Lowry (Speights more so as a contract filler to make it work), the only reason I would not be keen on the trade is that there's no telling if he'd sign an extension and if that extension would prove too costly for the W's to hold on to (in comparison to Barnes who is on a cheap rookie contract for 3 years). But as a fit for the team as it's currently constructed and the 'win-now' mentality they have, I'd love Lowry.

I'm still a fan of Barnes upside, but he isn't there yet, while the bulk of the team is. But, still, guys like Goose are probably right that there's a better deal to be had around him considering Lowry's contract.

LanceUpperCut
01-27-2014, 07:58 PM

That's how I see it.

GiantsSwaGG
01-27-2014, 07:59 PM
He's slightly better than Felton so no thank you

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 08:07 PM

sure he is. i can't tell you how many times i've seen Felton at or near the top in win shares (also known as the W.G. Felton award), that's how commonplace it is. :cool:

bucketss
01-27-2014, 08:11 PM

well, we already have 21 wins so i think we're out of the tanking game unless we want to have a somewhat late pick. id rather just make the playoffs than draft ennis.

TrueFan420
01-27-2014, 08:16 PM

Hahaha I might have quit smoking but I'll come out of retirement for whatever you got cause you must be high as hell to think that.

bucketss
01-27-2014, 08:17 PM
Fair^

great trade i guess. lol,

ghettosean
01-27-2014, 08:29 PM

You high? Or are HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH UP! smoking dem chron chron!!!

It's Monday you ain't got **** to do so **** it -~

BHF
01-27-2014, 08:32 PM

Melo slightly better than Ross :) Melo 62 pts Ross 51 pts slightly better but not by much.

deaner
01-27-2014, 08:39 PM
I dunno why anyone would give up much for him when they could just sign him at years end

it's called bird rights. that's the right to sign him without cap space.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-27-2014, 08:39 PM
If we trade him, we better go on a major losing streak to compensate for the wins we shouldn't have accrued. Hopefully after this Thursday so we can add more wins when they announce the ASG reserve so Demar can at least participate.

NBA_Starter
01-27-2014, 08:44 PM
They may as well just keep him.

deaner
01-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Think he'll be a laker in july.

I'm pretty sure Lowry would chose somewhere where he actually touches the ball.

BHF
01-27-2014, 08:49 PM
oppps wrong thread lol

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 08:57 PM
Hey Giants#1Fan when was the last time Felton had

12pts
1reb
2ast
1stl

and drew a charge

in the first 6 mins of a game.

ghettosean
01-27-2014, 09:03 PM

12pts
1reb
2ast
1stl

and drew a charge

If you screw up this weed deal I got going on with him Jamie so help me I'll never forgive you for this!!! He's got the izzle my shizzle!

xxplayerxx23
01-27-2014, 09:05 PM
sure he is. i can't tell you how many times i've seen Felton at or near the top in win shares (also known as the W.G. Felton award), that's how commonplace it is. :cool:

We do not claim him. Felton is the worst defensive pg I've seen in a while . He is god awful, Lowry is a beast when motivated and that's what he is. A big second half and playoffs could get him a huge contract he knows that

bucketss
01-27-2014, 09:15 PM
some the things being said about lowry is just disrespectful! lol, someone said he didn't live up to his contract? hes been considered underpaid for awhile.

GiantsSwaGG
01-27-2014, 09:20 PM

Hahaha I might have quit smoking but I'll come out of retirement for whatever you got cause you must be high as hell to think that.

Melo slightly better than Ross :) Melo 62 pts Ross 51 pts slightly better but not by much.

12pts
1reb
2ast
1stl

and drew a charge

In hot dog eatting contest who's better?

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 09:22 PM
In hot dog eatting who's better?

oh. well. in that case you are selling Felton short :)

TrueFan420
01-27-2014, 09:23 PM
In hot dog eatting who's better?

I'd still take Lowry

GiantsSwaGG
01-27-2014, 09:25 PM

oh. well. in that case you are selling Felton short :)

Lowery is slightly better, knowing Felton he's fumble the hot dog...

GiantsSwaGG
01-27-2014, 09:26 PM
If you screw up this weed deal I got going on with him Jamie so help me I'll never forgive you for this!!! He's got the izzle my shizzle!

Holla at my connect to set up the deal...

JR Smith

Code word at the door "Pipe"

BHF
01-27-2014, 09:34 PM
Should have known he is just a troll.

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 09:36 PM
**** he's playing so well we won't be able to trade him, if that makes sense

20 points, 5 assists, 3 steals, 2 rebounds and (at least) 1 charge drawn @ the half

John Walls Era
01-27-2014, 09:36 PM
Felton is pretty bad, but if Melo does leave they would be completely ****ed with just Lowry.

Vasquez isn't that bad...

ghettosean
01-27-2014, 09:40 PM

Holla at my connect to set up the deal...

JR Smith

Code word at the door "Pipe"

You my boy now for life son :D

I heard one hit of that JR **** can make you untie someones shoes with them fully knowing while watching you saying niiga wtf you doing with my shoes fool!

NYJ - NYY
01-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Some corny (but funny) stuff goin on in this jammy

mike_noodles
01-27-2014, 09:49 PM
I repeat my question, which contender needs a PG and is going to pay him the probably $10 million a year he's going to want?

It doesn't have to be a contender. What if he's only about the dollars?1 A bad team could outbid everyone to get him. For example, Utah could give him $13m per if they wanted to.

IversonIsKrazy
01-27-2014, 09:53 PM
A little late for tanking now, no?

John Walls Era
01-27-2014, 09:54 PM
It doesn't have to be a contender. What if he's only about the dollars?1 A bad team could outbid everyone to get him. For example, Utah could give him $13m per if they wanted to.

Utah would be ******** to do that. A team thats on the verge of making the playoffs should sign him, not Jazz with a top 3 pick.

GiantsSwaGG
01-27-2014, 10:00 PM
Should have known he is just a troll.

Taking a page from ya book brah

GiantsSwaGG
01-27-2014, 10:01 PM
You my boy now for life son :D

I heard one hit of that JR **** can make you untie someones shoes with them fully knowing while watching you saying niiga wtf you doing with my shoes fool!

You already know my ninja :)

ghettosean
01-27-2014, 11:05 PM
31 points 7 assists 5 Reb 5 Steals

over 50% from the field and from 3 tonight anyone likey :)

Dude is a stud right now!

If we get low balled just keep him.

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 11:08 PM
31 points 7 assists 5 Reb 5 Steals

over 50% from the field and from 3 tonight anyone likey :)

Dude is a stud right now!

If we get low balled just keep him.

Player with this much talent, you gotta gamble and keep him. He seems like he's finally found a home.

John Walls Era
01-27-2014, 11:09 PM
Now its 12.5 Million per year

bucketss
01-27-2014, 11:09 PM
hes too good.

John Walls Era
01-27-2014, 11:14 PM
Raptors better decide soon. IDK if they asked him to renew his contract, but they should do it before he wants 15M.

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 11:20 PM
i thought with the report coming out today that they would still deal him that maybe that meant he had indicated he wasn't interested in staying.

but then i watched the post game interview... doesn't he seem like he's happy to be a part of this team? it's a ****ing mystery.

spreadeagle
01-27-2014, 11:22 PM
i thought with the report coming out today that they would still deal him that maybe that meant he had indicated he wasn't interested in staying.

but then i watched the post game interview... doesn't he seem like he's happy to be a part of this team? it's a ****ing mystery.

I think he knows hes gunna get big money but doesnt know if the Raps will pay it, I bet he'd love to stay but doubt he will take less to stay here, hes coming off a relatively small deal, this is his payday

johnnybukbuk
01-27-2014, 11:32 PM
would hate to see Lowry go, but he has raised his stock as of late

Glenfidish
01-27-2014, 11:37 PM
5 years 60 million is the max i go!

That's 12 million per year! he will be 33 years of age and a veteran at that point. Im more concerned retaining ross and val as they are much younger and have huge upside.. I sure hope he doesnt pass up the opportunity to play with a young rising team. This is the best roll as a starter he will get on any team.

LAKobeBryant
01-27-2014, 11:41 PM
i don't buy this, raptors GM masai ujiri was hugging lowry at the tunnel after the epic game

Duncan = Donkey
01-27-2014, 11:42 PM

That's 12 million per year! he will be 33 years of age and a veteran at that point. Im more concerned retaining ross and val as they are much younger and have huge upside.. I sure hope he doesnt pass up the opportunity to play with a young rising team. This is the best roll as a starter he will get on any team.

For Lowry? No way he gets or deserves that. Overpay.

mike_noodles
01-27-2014, 11:44 PM
Utah would be ******** to do that. A team thats on the verge of making the playoffs should sign him, not Jazz with a top 3 pick.

The point.

Your head.

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 11:44 PM

if that's all it takes do it. we've paid much more to much worse.

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 11:45 PM

what would you pay for the guy who is 8th in win shares? now if he isn't able to repeat a season like this then it's a bad deal but he's sure been worth that much this year.

Duncan = Donkey
01-27-2014, 11:48 PM
what would you pay for the guy who is 8th in win shares? now if he isn't able to repeat a season like this then it's a bad deal but he's sure been worth that much this year.

I wouldn't pay 12 mill a year for Kyle Lowry. MAX i would go is 8. After he gets his money though, you can bat his play will drop again.

Glenfidish
01-27-2014, 11:50 PM

deserves that i might agree! But gets that, i can pretty much guarantee the way he is playing plus an eastern conference appearance he hits the jackpot!

Glenfidish
01-27-2014, 11:52 PM
if that's all it takes do it. we've paid much more to much worse.

I agree jaime!

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 11:54 PM
I wouldn't pay 12 mill a year for Kyle Lowry. MAX i would go is 8. After he gets his money though, you can bat his play will drop again.

hmm. that answer was a little evasive. i asked what you would pay for the guy who is 8th in win shares.

there is risk regarding injury with him though but i don't think motivation is an issue. he's a warrior.

Duncan = Donkey
01-27-2014, 11:58 PM
hmm. that answer was a little evasive. i asked what you would pay for the guy who is 8th in win shares.

there is risk regarding injury with him though but i don't think motivation is an issue. he's a warrior.

I said I wouldn't pay more than 8mill for Lowry.

Im not going to put out a salary number for a guy ranked based on some stat, thats ridiculous.

Jamiecballer
01-28-2014, 12:03 AM

Im not going to put out a salary number for a guy ranked based on some stat, thats ridiculous.

well then you obviously think he can't sustain it. that was my point.

Glenfidish
01-28-2014, 12:04 AM

Forget lowry when it comes to stats! the guy plays old school bad boy basketball and does it at a position of importance. He is a team player who has bought into our system and gets everyone involved. If i can get away with paying him max 12 per and locked in, that's a bonus for me. The cap will go up, and we have more then enough room to retain val, dd and ross when needed.

Anyways difference of opinion is fine with me.. Listen if i could lock him up to 8 per im all over that.

beasted86
01-28-2014, 12:04 AM

Exactly!

Unfortunately, some stupid GM will Tim Thomas this guy this summer.

FriedTofuz
01-28-2014, 12:09 AM
Raptors should try giving him a contract extention, Give him some money. 4 years 48 million. yeah 12 mil a year? Here's why. The raptors can then re-adjust how much money lowry is paid for this year. So instead of being paid just 6 mil, the raptors can re-adjust the years so he can get perhaps 14 mil for this year, and around 10 mil for the future years.

KniCks4LiFe
01-28-2014, 12:10 AM
if he's going it's soon

Duncan = Donkey
01-28-2014, 12:10 AM
Forget lowry when it comes to stats! the guy plays old school bad boy basketball and does it at a position of importance. He is a team player who has bought into our system and gets everyone involved. If i can get away with paying him max 12 per and locked in, that's a bonus for me. The cap will go up, and we have more then enough room to retain val, dd and ross when needed.

Anyways difference of opinion is fine with me.. Listen if i could lock him up to 8 per im all over that.

I didn't bring up stats, the other guy did.

If your happy to lock up for 5 years 60mill, thats your call. Just too much money and too many years IMO.

KniCks4LiFe
01-28-2014, 12:11 AM
Raptors should try giving him a contract extention, Give him some money. 4 years 48 million. yeah 12 mil a year? Here's why. The raptors can then re-adjust how much money lowry is paid for this year. So instead of being paid just 6 mil, the raptors can re-adjust the years so he can get perhaps 14 mil for this year, and around 10 mil for the future years.

He's a max player. And I agree..they should keep him, he makes more sense for them. But I think they want the Canadian sensation Wiggins.

FriedTofuz
01-28-2014, 12:21 AM
I didn't bring up stats, the other guy did.

If your happy to lock up for 5 years 60mill, thats your call. Just too much money and too many years IMO.

it is but someone will give it to him regardless.

Tmath
01-28-2014, 12:44 AM
Photo of Lowry and Masai after tonights game: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfCQ_nJCMAARKDu.jpg:large

Still think he is getting traded?

Cal827
01-28-2014, 12:57 AM
^

Oh God, it's the Hug of Death lol

Damn, that's a nice watch tho

Cracka2HI!
01-28-2014, 12:58 AM
I think Lowry for Monroe would be a great deal for both teams. I wouldn't trade Lowry if I were the Raptors. After watching the Raps play my Clipps the other night, I like the mix they have but I also think Detroit should trade Monroe and Toronto is the team that could use him most. What if Toronto offered Ross and Patterson?

DubbyDubbs
01-28-2014, 12:59 AM
Photo of Lowry and Masai after tonights game: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfCQ_nJCMAARKDu.jpg:large

Still think he is getting traded?

I hope not. Id give him 12 mil/yr easily. If he plays close to as good as hes been playing, 12 mil is a steal.

albertajaysfan
01-28-2014, 01:00 AM
He's a max player. And I agree..they should keep him, he makes more sense for them. But I think they want the Canadian sensation Wiggins.

Max player? Whoa there settle down.

The difference between 8 and 12 is significant. I bet you he falls somewhere in the middle. You have to look at other comparable contracts. 8mil would be a steal.

Have you watched much Raptors ball this year out of curiosity?

beasted86
01-28-2014, 01:08 AM
Max player? Whoa there settle down.

The difference between 8 and 12 is significant. I bet you he falls somewhere in the middle. You have to look at other comparable contracts. 8mil would be a steal.

Have you watched much Raptors ball this year out of curiosity?

$12M says he deserves more money than Steph Curry, and should make as much as Tony Parker.

beasted86
01-28-2014, 01:14 AM
I hope not. Id give him 12 mil/yr easily. If he plays close to as good as hes been playing, 12 mil is a steal.

A PG who puts up 16/8/4 is a steal at $12M?

No wonder some franchises continue to lose and can't even reach the Finals and their fans can't figure out why.

North Yorker
01-28-2014, 01:15 AM
$12M says he deserves more money than Steph Curry, and should make as much as Tony Parker.

Masai signed Lawson to a 4/48 deal, wouldnt shock me if Lowry got $11-12M per.

No wonder some franchises continue to lose and can't even reach the Finals and their fans can't figure out why.
16/8/4 with elite defense at the PG position.

bucketss
01-28-2014, 01:19 AM

maybe we should just cheat like you guys?

KniCks4LiFe
01-28-2014, 01:26 AM

yes for people that don't have the best player in basketball in their backcourt, you know normal teams that aren't handed 3 premium players. That's a steal.

beasted86
01-28-2014, 01:29 AM
Masai signed Lawson to a 4/48 deal, wouldnt shock me if Lowry got $11-12M per.

16/8/4 with elite defense at the PG position.

Elite defense? try again.

There realistically isn't much of anything to prove Lowry is a good defender, but there is a lot to prove he is a bad defender. But don't worry... all those stats are wrong.

maybe we should just cheat like you guys?

If having an elite GM that never cripples his team by trading away all their draft picks or signing stupid *** contracts is cheating, then I hope the Miami CHEAT live long and prosper.

Max.This
01-28-2014, 01:33 AM

If a player isn't a threat to go off for 30, 40, 50 he shouldnt be sniffing curry/ parker type money. Hes like a smaller version of iguodala and we all know he's overpaid. I'd say 10 mil a year is fair. For all we know its another situation of high level play during contract year

beasted86
01-28-2014, 01:33 AM
yes for people that don't have the best player in basketball in their backcourt, you know normal teams that aren't handed 3 premium players. That's a steal.

Says the Knicks fan who has a $100M dollar man on the bench.
Not trying to bait, but really, can you guys not see this?

If $12M is a steal, then what is supposedly his FAIR contract????! $15M?

Max.This
01-28-2014, 01:36 AM
Says the Knicks fan who has a $100M dollar man on the bench.
Not trying to bait, but really, can you guys not see this?

If $12M is a steal, then what is supposedly his FAIR contract????! $15M?

stat should be paid 8 mil a year and thats being generous considering his knees

DubbyDubbs
01-28-2014, 01:40 AM
Anyone comparing him to Curry when debating "steal or not" is ridiculous... Curry is hands down the biggest steal of a contract right now in the NBA so the point is moot. Making more or less than Curry means nothing since Curry should be making much much more than he does.

Sorry beasted86 that we all dont just go out and get the top 3 players at their positions and as fans dont realize why we dont win championships but locking up someone like Lowry for 4/48 the way hes playing would not be an overpayment IMO.

bucketss
01-28-2014, 01:53 AM

There realistically isn't much of anything to prove Lowry is a good defender, but there is a lot to prove he is a bad defender. But don't worry... all those stats are wrong.

If having an elite GM that never cripples his team by trading away all their draft picks or signing stupid *** contracts is cheating, then I hope the Miami CHEAT live long and prosper.

elite, please, signing three guys that preplanned their destination

mdm692
01-28-2014, 01:53 AM
I don't even think he's better than Dragic why the **** would he be deserving of a max?

bucketss
01-28-2014, 02:03 AM
I don't even think he's better than Dragic why the **** would he be deserving of a max?

lol hes better than dragic

mdm692
01-28-2014, 02:12 AM
On par at best.

beasted86
01-28-2014, 02:25 AM
Anyone comparing him to Curry when debating "steal or not" is ridiculous... Curry is hands down the biggest steal of a contract right now in the NBA so the point is moot. Making more or less than Curry means nothing since Curry should be making much much more than he does.

Sorry beasted86 that we all dont just go out and get the top 3 players at their positions and as fans dont realize why we dont win championships but locking up someone like Lowry for 4/48 the way hes playing would not be an overpayment IMO.
Last I checked the HEAT won a championship before signing the "top 3 players at their positions" and have consistently been in the playoffs with the largest drought 2 seasons since Riley took over. Doesn't always have to do with the big score. It's also about a bunch of the small scores, like making sure you don't overpay just an above average PG $12M+ when he's 28 in a contract year and having a career season.

Duncan = Donkey
01-28-2014, 02:29 AM

No he isn't

ACanadian
01-28-2014, 02:38 AM
:laugh:

HeatBeat
01-28-2014, 02:38 AM
If they Give the max, in 2 years time. A thread will be strarted on the most ovrerpayed players in the NBA. There will be a post in that thread that says Kyle Lowry.

bucketss
01-28-2014, 02:41 AM
No he isn't

not even close.

xxplayerxx23
01-28-2014, 02:43 AM
Dragic and Lowry are even. Give Lowry a slight edge cuz his D is better

Duncan = Donkey
01-28-2014, 02:44 AM
not even close.

Now i'm confused

BHF
01-28-2014, 03:05 AM
heat fan that crated his account in 2010 and you guys are arguing basketball with him LOL now watch him come back and say he was a heat fan since 1925 but he just created the psd account 2010 :)

beasted86
01-28-2014, 03:14 AM
heat fan that crated his account in 2010 and you guys are arguing basketball with him LOL now watch him come back and say he was a heat fan since 1925 but he just created the psd account 2010 :)

Or, he could continue to watch your team lose and not particularly care when you think he became a fan. Whether I became a fan in 1988 or 2010 doesn't change that my team is winning, and your team is losing. :)

Sleep well.

ACanadian
01-28-2014, 03:37 AM
Now i'm confused

I'm*

ghettosean
01-28-2014, 08:32 AM

This!

Jamiecballer
01-28-2014, 09:17 AM

i'm not into comparables when it comes to salary. is he playing near MVP level this season. yes. can he continue it? if he stays healthy, IMO, yes. what's that worth? a lot. if you sign him to a $12M deal does that cripple your chances of building a contender around him? no. a deal like the one Carmelo is going to get cripples your team.

Jamiecballer
01-28-2014, 09:22 AM

out of curiousity, how many point guards do you think are out there that can put up those numbers and do so at a high level of efficiency?

and let's not forget he also turns the ball over well less than the average PG and is amongst the league leaders in steals.

of course the people who look at raw numbers only and don't look at advanced stats don't think he's been incredible this year. they would be wrong.

mike_noodles
01-28-2014, 09:38 AM

You are aware that drawing charges is a skill right? And that he leads the league by a wide margin? They might not be as sexy as blocked shots or have a fancy place in sortable stats like steals, but they are forced turnovers nonetheless. But hey, why should that count as defense right?

2-ONE-5
01-28-2014, 12:04 PM

already out of the running

North Yorker
01-28-2014, 12:21 PM

Let's hear some of these stats then.

He leads the league in charges taken, has an excellent STL%, and holds opposing PG's to a lower PER than Bradley, CP, Bledsoe, and Rubio do.

2-ONE-5
01-28-2014, 12:24 PM
Or, he could continue to watch your team lose and not particularly care when you think he became a fan. Whether I became a fan in 1988 or 2010 doesn't change that my team is winning, and your team is losing. :)

Sleep well.

spoken like a true bandwagon fan

JasonJohnHorn
01-28-2014, 12:27 PM
I think building with European players in TO is the most practical idea. American players tend to not want to play in TO for some reason and TO has to overpay them to get them to stay.

Taxes in Canada are much higher than some American states as well, so if a guy signs a 8 mill contract with TO and an MLE deal with a contender, he'll actually make more money with the contender than TO depending on which state the team is in.

JasonJohnHorn
01-28-2014, 12:29 PM
JV + Lowry for Drummond or Monroe. Get it done! And Detroit will likely throw in Jennings just to get rid of him ;-)

DubbyDubbs
01-28-2014, 12:33 PM
Last I checked the HEAT won a championship before signing the "top 3 players at their positions" and have consistently been in the playoffs with the largest drought 2 seasons since Riley took over. Doesn't always have to do with the big score. It's also about a bunch of the small scores, like making sure you don't overpay just an above average PG $12M+ when he's 28 in a contract year and having a career season.

Funny, again you bring up a point which is like comparing apples to oranges... just like comparing contracts to steph currys. The Heat that year had the luxury of having the best SG in the game (arguably) still on his rookie contract at the time. This allowed the team to employ the highest paid player that year in Shaq (again another player who is best at his position) for 20mil. Then you have a "below average pg" in Jason Williams on the team for almost 8mil/yr which I would consider over payment for a much lesser PG then Lowry. You also had the luxury of having Alonzo Mourning on a team friendly contract and Gary Payton.

Toronto has none of these luxuries. And although the 2 are not comparable, Jason Williams in 06 and Lowry now can be taken as the only 2 comparables. 8 mil then, is different than 8 mil now (I would argue 8 mil is the new 12 mil for the sake of our discussion).

mike_noodles
01-28-2014, 12:55 PM
JV + Lowry for Drummond or Monroe. Get it done! And Detroit will likely throw in Jennings just to get rid of him ;-)

Drummond is stupider than a bag of rocks. Not sure I would take him any more. Loads of talent sure, but missing alot upstairs. To the point where his coach had to pull him 11 seconds in.

Jamiecballer
01-28-2014, 01:19 PM

even without Jennings that deal is absolutely not appealing from this side of the fence.

KniCks4LiFe
01-28-2014, 01:20 PM
Drummond is stupider than a bag of rocks. Not sure I would take him any more. Loads of talent sure, but missing alot upstairs. To the point where his coach had to pull him 11 seconds in.

You wouldn't get Drummond for Lowry in a video game. Drummond has more value.

BHF
01-28-2014, 01:23 PM
spoken like a true bandwagon fan

I was gonna say that but didn't wanna respond to him lol +1

ghettosean
01-28-2014, 01:37 PM

Throw in Monroe and your 2014 & 1st round pick and well talk.... Well throw in fields to help match up the salaries :D

ghettosean
01-28-2014, 03:49 PM
even the above deal I'd be hesitant about cause in a year or so JV will be a stud!

(This is T-Ross's 2nd year also and everyone was completely over critical of him too until now after getting his 51Pt 9Reb game)

Too many people judging talent negatively too quickly.

JOSKOMANG4
01-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Pacers/Raptors

- Pacers acquire PG Lowry, F's Novak & Hansborough

- Raptors acquire future 1st rd pick & F D.Granger.

Pacers look to strengthen their lineup by acquiring more bench help. Lowry is a great compliment to Hill at the PG position. Hansborough would be great depth in the frontcourt for West, Hibbert, and Mahinmi. Novak is a 3-point specialist who can also provide a spark on the bench. Pacers willing to make deal because Lowry is an expiring contract; that money can go into resigning Stevenson.

Raptors acquire a star-caliber player with a giant expiring contract. They also get themselves out of the deal with Hansborough & Novak. With more cap space and another draft pick, Raptors help themselves out.

Jamiecballer
01-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Pacers/Raptors

- Pacers acquire PG Lowry, F's Novak & Hansborough

- Raptors acquire future 1st rd pick & F D.Granger.

Pacers look to strengthen their lineup by acquiring more bench help. Lowry is a great compliment to Hill at the PG position. Hansborough would be great depth in the frontcourt for West, Hibbert, and Mahinmi. Novak is a 3-point specialist who can also provide a spark on the bench. Pacers willing to make deal because Lowry is an expiring contract; that money can go into resigning Stevenson.

Raptors acquire a star-caliber player with a giant expiring contract. They also get themselves out of the deal with Hansborough & Novak. With more cap space and another draft pick, Raptors help themselves out.

A really low pick and an expiring contract would be like a kick in the testicles to this market.

Cal827
01-28-2014, 09:44 PM
lol, I'm surprised that this works.

Pulling crap deals out of my ***

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m9vz9zy

RipCity32
01-28-2014, 10:23 PM

Val Sucks

NBA_Starter
01-28-2014, 11:05 PM
Monroe getting traded wouldn't surprise me but I don't know if there is matching parts between these two teams.

RipCity32
01-28-2014, 11:36 PM
Monroe getting traded wouldn't surprise me but I don't know if there is matching parts between these two teams.

I would do Monroe+Stuckey for Lowry+Val. If Lowry will commit to Detroit though. Monroe is a lot better than Val but Val is on a rookie contract and still has some potential. We could even take back a bad contract too or add a 1st rounder or something seeing as Lowry is playing so good.

BHF
01-28-2014, 11:48 PM
I would do Monroe+Stuckey for Lowry+Val. If Lowry will commit to Detroit though. Monroe is a lot better than Val but Val is on a rookie contract and still has some potential. We could even take back a bad contract too or add a 1st rounder or something seeing as Lowry is playing so good.

Give us your first and you have a deal.

bucketss
01-29-2014, 12:19 AM

better be unprotected, and still after that.. idk

ghettosean
01-29-2014, 12:24 AM

I wouldn't do it

RipCity32
01-29-2014, 01:20 AM

He'll no, I want Lowry but not for Monroe, Stuck and a unprotected pick. Have fun with Shumpert, Felton and a 2055 pick.

bucketss
01-29-2014, 01:31 AM
He'll no, I want Lowry but not for Monroe, Stuck and a unprotected pick. Have fun with Shumpert, Felton and a 2055 pick.

nah we'll just keep lowry.

RipCity32
01-29-2014, 01:45 AM

I would if I were you but either he don't want to be there or your GM wants to rebuild still.

Max.This
01-29-2014, 01:48 AM

Its a tough spot. Raps want more, but many teams are hesitant because they fear he could leave them dry at the end of the season. Raps will probably deal him, because dealing lowry would make them an instant lottery team. With Lowry they are a playoff team in the East. Its a tough spot, but its an easy decision to deal Lowry. I dont get why Raps fans want to keep lowry if it means they are definitely not going to get wiggins. Even if no wiggins, they could be in play for a franchise pg in Exum.

BHF
01-29-2014, 02:00 AM
Why would Lowry leave a perfectly good situation where he is a starter on a playoff team? He is going to get paid and we will have the all star game in 2016. Its not like he is playing for the Pistons and cant wait to get out of town.

ACanadian
01-29-2014, 02:11 AM
Chris Bosh all over again. Toronto fans never learn.

RipCity32
01-29-2014, 02:14 AM
Why would Lowry leave a perfectly good situation where he is a starter on a playoff team? He is going to get paid and we will have the all star game in 2016. Its not like he is playing for the Pistons and cant wait to get out of town.

Low blow, Raptor fans always show a lot of class even though they support a franchise that's never accomplished anything. I'm sure your GM knows that the East sucks this year and he has no shot at a title. The conference will probably get better next year and with Lowrys past injury record he may not commit. Cause when he goes down so does your team. Plus its very hard to convince another big time player to come to another country and play for you guys. The All Star game LMFAO, Also dont forget about Drake night lol.

dalton749
01-29-2014, 07:20 AM
this is the best situation for him
finally guaranteed the starting spot, for a playoff team

FlakeyFool
01-29-2014, 09:31 AM
Val is on a rookie contract and still has some potential.

Unlike the pistons roster

RipCity32
01-29-2014, 09:44 AM

He wouldn't even start for us. He would probably just be the kid that handing Drummond and Monroe Gatorade.

ghettosean
01-29-2014, 10:35 AM

He wouldn't even start for us. He would probably just be the kid that handing Drummond and Monroe Gatorade.

Weren't you the guy making fun of us for picking Terrence Ross... saying he was a bust or along those lines ;)

RipCity32
01-29-2014, 10:51 AM
Weren't you the guy making fun of us for picking Terrence Ross... saying he was a bust or along those lines ;)

No that was you guys. I always thought that Raptor fans are so obsessed with Drummond because they were upset they picked Ross over him. I've always liked Ross even in college. Piston fans were talking about him before the draft but then Drummond dropped to us. Ross looks good, I don't think he will be a star like Some homer fans think but he has the potential to be a Afflalo type player.

astonmartin10
01-29-2014, 12:03 PM
Tross is the second coming of Tmac minus the injuries lol

rapsjaysfan88
01-29-2014, 12:12 PM
raps need 2 just lock up lowry. they have 4 young potential all stars in their starting 5. keep it rolling and grow 2gether.

KniCks4LiFe
01-29-2014, 12:49 PM

knock on wood kid. :pity:

Sly Guy
01-29-2014, 01:27 PM

dude, one 51 point game does not a hall of famer make. I seem to remember people making the same claims about brandon jennings, and well, I don't think they're making those claims anymore.

smith&wesson
01-29-2014, 02:01 PM
how did this turn in to that pistons vs raptors thread lol... both upcoming teams with good young talent. whats there to debate about ?

RipCity32
01-29-2014, 02:07 PM
how did this turn in to that pistons vs raptors thread lol... both upcoming teams with good young talent. whats there to debate about ?

For some reason your fan base is still obsessed with Drummond and always bring him up. Its funny because you can talk about Drummond more in Raptor forums on the internet then you can Piston forums.

ghettosean
01-29-2014, 02:59 PM

dude, one 51 point game does not a hall of famer make. I seem to remember people making the same claims about brandon jennings, and well, I don't think they're making those claims anymore.

T-Mac in the hall of fame???

Dude only got out of the 1st round when he wasn't playing in Houston and barley played for the spurs. I don't know if that's enough with his stats alone to get him in.

Ross is young and unknown but he seems to have his head in his shoulders since he didn't jack up shots in the last game against the nets because he felt entitled.

For now lets say he shows promise.

Jazzgear
01-29-2014, 03:37 PM

Not worth it for the Knicks. They are not winning a 'chip this year with or w/o him, and they can't keep giving up 1sts.

BHF
01-29-2014, 03:48 PM
Low blow, Raptor fans always show a lot of class even though they support a franchise that's never accomplished anything. I'm sure your GM knows that the East sucks this year and he has no shot at a title. The conference will probably get better next year and with Lowrys past injury record he may not commit. Cause when he goes down so does your team. Plus its very hard to convince another big time player to come to another country and play for you guys. The All Star game LMFAO, Also dont forget about Drake night lol.

You are taking jabs at the raps and our fans and when someone gets back at you than you call them classless how smart of you. Its very simple you guys suck compare to us and no one good wants to join that team. You really think a smart GM like Uriji would be outsmarted by a GM like Dumars and give you Lowry+Val for Monroe and Stucky? Why do you want Val and Lowry if Val is gonna be a handing Gatorade to Drummond and Lowry who is for sure gonna walk next season. If Lowry doesn't want to stay with us there is ZERO chance he is staying with your team.

Sly Guy
01-29-2014, 03:48 PM
T-Mac in the hall of fame???

Dude only got out of the 1st round when he wasn't playing in Houston and barley played for the spurs. I don't know if that's enough with his stats alone to get him in.

Ross is young and unknown but he seems to have his head in his shoulders since he didn't jack up shots in the last game against the nets because he felt entitled.

For now lets say he shows promise.

promise I can agree with. And the point I was trying to make, was that TMac, minus injuries, is a likely hall of famer, and putting ross into that kind of discussion this early is more than just premature, it's pretty ridiculous.

RipCity32
01-29-2014, 04:20 PM
You are taking jabs at the raps and our fans and when someone gets back at you than you call them classless how smart of you. Its very simple you guys suck compare to us and no one good wants to join that team. You really think a smart GM like Uriji would be outsmarted by a GM like Dumars and give you Lowry+Val for Monroe and Stucky? Why do you want Val and Lowry if Val is gonna be a handing Gatorade to Drummond and Lowry who is for sure gonna walk next season. If Lowry doesn't want to stay with us there is ZERO chance he is staying with your team.

I said I would want Lowry if he would commit but he won't so obviously I don't make the trade. Val is a dime a dozen big that can barely shoot 50% and avg 10ppg doin it. He's also a mediocre rebounder and I'm suppose to believe this kid is better then Drummond because of your guys stupid rants. Also when did Toronto become some big time team that you guys have a right to talk about other peoples teams? Detroit probably has a better chance of signing FAs then you do. You guys have some good posters but the majority of your fan base on PSD are a bunch of trolls.

FriedTofuz
01-29-2014, 10:26 PM
lowry is ******** on gms.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-29-2014, 10:27 PM
Trade him, get picks, tank like crazy.

koreancabbage
01-29-2014, 10:30 PM
funny thing is if NY got Lowry, they would probably be first right now.

I don't know if I can take Knick fans seriously who say Lowry is a slight upgrade over Felton LOL.

RipCity32
01-29-2014, 10:30 PM
Lowry is a straight beast

FriedTofuz
01-29-2014, 10:34 PM
It's because some knick fans remember when felton averaged 18/8 for half a season and think because lowry doesnt have much history with consistent numbers at the end of the season, that he's just a slight upgrade.

Honestly, I do believe the knicks wouldve been a contender with A healthy chandler, melo, and lowry. Bargs an stat off the bench would be great. Def top 1-3 and a playoff contender IMO.

dtmagnet
01-29-2014, 10:34 PM
If Raptors trade Lowry I won't be watching them any more this year.

bucketss
01-29-2014, 10:47 PM
I said I would want Lowry if he would commit but he won't so obviously I don't make the trade. Val is a dime a dozen big that can barely shoot 50% and avg 10ppg doin it. He's also a mediocre rebounder and I'm suppose to believe this kid is better then Drummond because of your guys stupid rants. Also when did Toronto become some big time team that you guys have a right to talk about other peoples teams? Detroit probably has a better chance of signing FAs then you do. You guys have some good posters but the majority of your fan base on PSD are a bunch of trolls.

who wants to play in Detroit?

numba1CHANGsta
01-29-2014, 10:47 PM
Damn Lowry's stock is rising like crazy! TOR will trade him tho, no way they're a championship contender and Lowry's a FA anyways, they could probably get 2 first round picks for him but only problem is only championship contender teams will do that trade meaning low draft picks so I guess something is something

bucketss
01-29-2014, 10:53 PM
Damn Lowry's stock is rising like crazy! TOR will trade him tho, no way they're a championship contender and Lowry's a FA anyways, they could probably get 2 first round picks for him but only problem is only championship contender teams will do that trade meaning low draft picks so I guess something is something

id rather keep him than draft a future bench player with those late picks.

LanceUpperCut
01-29-2014, 11:01 PM

Of course their not a championship team, they are lead by two guys in their mid 20's and have two more starters who are balling in their sophomore years. Lowry would be pretty stupid to leave a great situation like this right now. Lots of cap space is tied into guys who barley play and are expiring this year or next, this team is on the rise and Lowry can lead it and get paid, so why leave it.

RipCity32
01-29-2014, 11:03 PM
who wants to play in Detroit?

Who wants to play in Tor?

LanceUpperCut
01-29-2014, 11:12 PM

Well I'll admit some are trolls you have got to be the biggest Jonas hater on psd. I could mention his name in a Florida Panthers thread and minutes later you would turn it into a Drummond vs. Jonas thread.

I like Drummond but I'm more than happy with Ross and Jonas and wouldn't trade either for Drummond, I'm sure many don't feel that way but I do, maybe I haven't seen enough of Drummond but when I do Jonas is usually raping his *** and I look at the way Detroit's defense is so ****** with so many supposedly good defenders and wonder what's wrong, and it makes me think the lack of brains on that roster is very weak.

RipCity32
01-29-2014, 11:54 PM
Well I'll admit some are trolls you have got to be the biggest Jonas hater on psd. I could mention his name in a Florida Panthers thread and minutes later you would turn it into a Drummond vs. Jonas thread.

I like Drummond but I'm more than happy with Ross and Jonas and wouldn't trade either for Drummond, I'm sure many don't feel that way but I do, maybe I haven't seen enough of Drummond but when I do Jonas is usually raping his *** and I look at the way Detroit's defense is so ****** with so many supposedly good defenders and wonder what's wrong, and it makes me think the lack of brains on that roster is very weak.

I've never started a Jonas vs Drummond argument. I jump in when Raptor fans talk nonsense about Val being better though. I could care less about your team but you guys can't make it through one gamethread or any thread without mentioning Drummond or the Piston, Its just weird.

bucketss
01-30-2014, 12:06 AM
val is better.

Duncan = Donkey
01-30-2014, 12:10 AM

Who is going to give 2 first round picks for Lowry? cant see any team doing that. League is loaded with good PG's, giving up 2 first picks for a top 15-10 PG is insane.

RipCity32
01-30-2014, 12:14 AM
val is better at nothing.

Agreed

bucketss
01-30-2014, 12:14 AM
Who is going to give 2 first round picks for Lowry? cant see any team doing that. League is loaded with good PG's, giving up 2 first picks for a top 15-10 PG is insane.

steve nash netted u guys two firsts so why not

Duncan = Donkey
01-30-2014, 12:18 AM
steve nash netted u guys two firsts so why not

True. Still think it isn't a good idea.

koreancabbage
01-30-2014, 12:27 AM
Who wants to play in Tor?

who wouldn't want to play in Toronto. big market, one of the best cities to live in the world, 4th largest city in North America - good music, film, and food scene

Considering that the only thing preventing Toronto from being a major player, year in and year out, in the free agency market is possibly a winning culture and good management.

koreancabbage
01-30-2014, 12:30 AM
Agreed

Val is so much more advanced offensively. Val schooled Drummond when they last went head to head. Drummond is talented, no doubt, but that doesn't translate into skill. Just hope he doesn't turn into Javale McGee or Andre Blatche for the Pistons sake.

deaner
01-30-2014, 12:38 AM
val is better.

That's a given. Not even worth talking about since the last head to head game.

RipCity32
01-30-2014, 12:49 AM
Val is so much more advanced offensively. Val schooled Drummond when they last went head to head. Drummond is talented, no doubt, but that doesn't translate into skill. Just hope he doesn't turn into Javale McGee or Andre Blatche for the Pistons sake.

Vals not more advanced offensively. He only averages like 10ppg lol.

bucketss
01-30-2014, 12:52 AM
Agreed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EhHmzDMSIg

get that garbage outta here.

ramz.n
01-30-2014, 12:53 AM
lowry was a beast tonight as well, he really wants to be an allstar!

Tmath
01-30-2014, 12:55 AM
Vals not more advanced offensively. He only averages like 10ppg lol.

Who cares... Pistons suck. LOL

RipCity32
01-30-2014, 12:58 AM
Who cares... Pistons suck. LOL

she made it

bucketss
01-30-2014, 01:00 AM
amir > josh
lowry> jennings
val > drummond

:)

Tmath
01-30-2014, 01:03 AM
she made it

Aren't you glad the Pistons have Jennings and Smith signed for the next few years? 2 great signings for u guys. :)

Tmath
01-30-2014, 01:03 AM
Terrence Ross > Andre Dumbmond

RipCity32
01-30-2014, 01:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EhHmzDMSIg

get that garbage outta here.

Still gets more buckets then your boy.

bucketss
01-30-2014, 01:05 AM
Aren't you glad the Pistons have Jennings and Smith signed for the next few years? 2 great signings for u guys. :)

even greater than their last two major free agent signings, charlie & gordon, they keep outdoing themselves with these off season signings :)

RipCity32
01-30-2014, 01:06 AM
Terrence Ross > Andre Dumbmond

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::l augh2:

Tmath
01-30-2014, 01:15 AM
Still gets more buckets then your boy.

He scores 2 more points while playing 4 more minutes than Jonas. JV also creates for himself, while Dumbmond is spoon fed all his points.

I'd rather have JV score 2 less points and have my team win.

Tmath
01-30-2014, 01:21 AM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::l augh2:

Ross has become a lockdown defender, recently shutting down P.George twice, J.Johnson, J.Wall and tonight A.Afflalo and is shooting lights out from 3. He is contributing to team wins. Can't say the same about Dumbmond.

RipCity32
01-30-2014, 01:21 AM
He scores 2 more points while playing 4 more minutes than Jonas. JV also creates for himself, while Dumbmond is spoon fed all his points.

I'd rather have JV score 2 less points and have my team win.

Drummond creates most of his own shots.

GodsSon
01-30-2014, 01:23 AM

Lowry has been the best PG in the East this year.

Yes people, ahead of both Wall AND Irving.

cssdmark
01-30-2014, 01:25 AM
Ok ok Felton, Shump and a protected 2054 1st round pick.

Tmath
01-30-2014, 01:25 AM
Drummond creates most of his own shots.

From the post? or off his brick brothers misses?

Duncan = Donkey
01-30-2014, 01:40 AM
Lowry has been the best PG in the East this year.

Yes people, ahead of both Wall AND Irving.

East is weak in PG play.

Tmath
01-30-2014, 01:44 AM
East is weak in PG play.

Still can't discredit how good Lowry has been.