PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about your NBA owners?

Chill_Will_24
01-25-2014, 02:46 PM
Marc Cuban had some criticisms for Mikhail Prokhorov whom Cuban seems to always have a problem with.

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2014/01/dalessandro_mark_cuban_sends_another_valentine_to_ brooklyn_net_owner_mikhail_prokhorov.html

In a nutshell he thinks Prokhorov should be more hands on and criticizes him for his lack of involvement.

How do you feel about your owners? I personally think it depends. Some meddling owners like are knowledgeable like Cuban but others like Dolan, Jordan and Sterling are the definition of ineptitude and stupidity.
Do you like an owner that is hands on like Cuban or do you prefer an owner that just signs the checks and let's his GMs work?

waveycrockett
01-25-2014, 02:49 PM
I feel like Cuban and Prokorhov are two of the best owners in the NBA. Obviously there are others like Mickey Arison who are great also. They both have completely different management styles. They are both confident, arrogant and successful businessmen but at the end of the day I would rather have Proky as an owner since he is willing to let the basketball people handle the basketball decisions and has a much bigger check book.

HYFR
01-25-2014, 02:52 PM
The best owner is the one who lets his basketball people do their job.

abe_froman
01-25-2014, 02:56 PM
not a fan,reinsdorf is bit too much of a miser for my taste....but seeing mirco-managers like dolan,i realize it could be worse.
so i guess i wouldnt call him a bad owner,just a below average one.

waveycrockett
01-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Jerry Buss was hands down the best owner in the NBA until his passing. Probably the best of all time. But now the Lakers have gone from one of the best to one of the worst. Jim Buss thinks he is Mark Cuban but in reality he is a dope. I dont understand these new owners who think they have a responsibility to micromanage like they are running a fantasy team.

JLynn943
01-25-2014, 03:15 PM
Incredibly grateful. The Kings don't exist anymore without Vivek.

KnicksorBust
01-25-2014, 03:24 PM
In theory Dolan is a good owner because winning is important and he opens his check book. In reality he is terrible.

JNA17
01-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Jerry Buss was the best owner anybody could ask for in the Lakers organization.

His son Jimmy on the other hand...yeah **** that guy.

abe_froman
01-25-2014, 03:39 PM
In theory Dolan is a good owner because winning is important and he opens his check book. In reality he is terrible.

there's a balancing act to it.the points you make are good,but he gets too involved and ends up wrecking what he wants to accomplish(he really reminds me of george stienbrenner during the 80's ,before the ban)

TrueFan420
01-25-2014, 04:10 PM
I love the warriors new owner lets his guys run the team and is committed to having a winning product.

kdspurman
01-25-2014, 04:20 PM
I'm pretty happy with Peter Holt

Deception
01-25-2014, 04:25 PM
Tom Gores is still to be determined, he purchased the team two years ago, kept Dumars to see what he could do with an owner who was willing to spend (Davidson passed away and his wife took ownership and refused to make any trades or sign extra salary). I think depending on what happens with Dumars after this summer when his contract expires will tell a lot about how this team is going to be run.

Goose17
01-25-2014, 04:26 PM
Very happy with our owners and front office in general.

Hawkeye15
01-25-2014, 04:27 PM
You only want your owner hands on if he is a basketball guy. Glen Taylor has been fine, but way too loyal to "his" guys imo. Even the Saunders hire smells of this.

championships
01-25-2014, 04:31 PM
Jimbo Buss is Awful.

mzgrizz
01-25-2014, 11:30 PM
I got really frustrated with Pera.....more for letting Lionel Hollins go than anything. Can't argue too much with the way the Grizz have been since we got Marc back. And even though Heisley made too many basketball decisions he should have left to Ops, he did seem to have his heart in it and for our city.too. He came to more games after he sold the team than some years before , and I will always be grateful to him for bringing the NBA to Memphis.

DreamShaker
01-25-2014, 11:37 PM
A big fan of Les Alexander. He is always on board with making the team a contender. He has really stayed out of the press and has seemingly trusted basketball people to run the team.

ManningToTyree
01-25-2014, 11:48 PM
Jim Dolan is satan

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-26-2014, 12:00 AM
Jim Buss

Positives: Draft Bynum when no one else saw the talent, trade for CP3 (Denied), trade for Nash, Trade for Howard.

Negatives: Trade for Nash. I know I listed it as a positive but it has turned out to be awful. I cant lie, I was so excited when we got him. But he has been a complete bust. Hindsight is 20/20. Hire Mike Brown, pass on Phil to hire D'antoni, let Dwight walk without trading him for assets, giving Kobe far much more money than he deserves.

Obviously he wants to win and will spend the money to do so. That is a plus. But he needs to give up the reigns to someone else. Hire Phil to take his old spot or go get Laker Legend Jerry West and put him in that role. Right now I give him a C-