PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo: oden considered retiring before joining heat

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-25-2014, 01:40 AM
"I've said a thousand times that I'm grateful that the Miami Heat gave me this shot," Oden said. "I'm just happy to be playing again."

Oden showed promise while playing in the preseason, but stayed on the inactive list when the season began. Miami was committed to not only getting him in better shape, but also bringing him along slowly without pressure. While Oden was frustrated in mid-December because he wasn't playing, but maintained his trust in the process.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/greg-oden-wasn-t-sure-he-d-ever-return-to-nba-202253279.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Really happy he's back and hopefully he'll be able to have a solid NBA career.

goingfor28
01-25-2014, 01:43 AM
he should have. or joined another team. instead he took the easy route and joined miami.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-25-2014, 01:45 AM
he should have. or joined another team. instead he took the easy route and joined miami.

Based on how much the heat would need him, especially early on in the season, it's understandable why he chose the heat.

Cal827
01-25-2014, 03:51 AM
I don't think that's a surprise to anybody that he was considering retirement, but I'm glad that an NBA team had a need for him, especially a team like Miami, who wouldn't have the need to force him back quickly, and would slowly put him back in the line-up.

Also, who gives a **** if he took the "easy route"?Lol, I'm sure a ton of us just wanted to see him back on any team after years and years of surgery/injuries. I would think the true Easy route would be the Andrew Bynum route. Join a **** team paying out a ton and riding the bench/ assistant coach's wife.

amak316
01-25-2014, 03:55 AM
I really hope his comeback works out for him as it seems like he's a good guy with bad luck.

That being said he hasn't by any means proved retirement wasn't the smarter choice he's logged very little time so far and hasn't proved he's capable yet.

FOXHOUND
01-25-2014, 03:57 AM
It won't be an easy route when he's thrown out there vs Indiana in the playoffs, which is the only reason Miami got him and the only potential series that he has any chance of playing serious minutes. That's going to be a HARD series and I think him choosing between Miami and SA, two teams sure to be in the thick of the postseason when play is the toughest, is far from the easy route.

The easy route would have been to go to somewhere like Cleveland where the expectations are crap and you can just float through a season collecting a paycheck.

FOXHOUND
01-25-2014, 03:59 AM
I don't think that's a surprise to anybody that he was considering retirement, but I'm glad that an NBA team had a need for him, especially a team like Miami, who wouldn't have the need to force him back quickly, and would slowly put him back in the line-up.

Also, who gives a **** if he took the "easy route"?Lol, I'm sure a ton of us just wanted to see him back on any team after years and years of surgery/injuries. I would think the true Easy route would be the Andrew Bynum route. Join a **** team paying out a ton and riding the bench/ assistant coach's wife.

Right, what he said lol.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-25-2014, 04:21 AM
Either way, I'm glad he's back in the nba. Forget the bias for a second, I hope he has a phenomenal career, wherever he chooses to play next year.

JeffG20
01-25-2014, 06:49 AM

Yea, lets not act like you wouldnt of done the same exact thing in his position. Besides, he's not exactly built to be getting big minutes on a bad team anyway.

Drummond#1
01-25-2014, 07:55 AM
Good on him keeping his head up and getting healthy. But he did join the heat. I can't applaud any player for doing that.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-25-2014, 01:33 PM
Good on him keeping his head up and getting healthy. But he did join the heat. I can't applaud any player for doing that.

Regardless of the team he chose, really wish him well

DillyDill
01-25-2014, 01:40 PM
I'm just super glad he's back regardless of team. We need more quality centers and I hope and pray he stays healthy for the rest of career :))

Matter.
01-25-2014, 01:41 PM
I'm glad he is back but ... **** the heat :D

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-25-2014, 01:42 PM
I'm just super glad he's back regardless of team. We need more quality centers and I hope and pray he stays healthy for the rest of career :))

Agreed.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-25-2014, 01:42 PM
I'm glad he is back but ... **** the heat :D

I'll let it slide cos of that sig

:drool:

DillyDill
01-25-2014, 01:47 PM
Agreed.

Thanks and if Big Drew can keep his head on strait then the center position would return to its prominence