PDA

View Full Version : Right now, Nets are Red Hot

TheMightyHumph
01-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Only 1 loss in January.

Defeated Mavs tonight while not playing their best, except for Mirza, who was really a joy to watch.

They play good defense against a very good offensive team, and Mirza took them over the top.

Movin' On Up.

Chill_Will_24
01-25-2014, 12:20 AM
People will talk of Joe Johnson and Kidd but the unheralded heroes imo are Livingston, Garnett, and Kirilenko.

Garnett is playing as well as last year again. Him moving back to C along with AK coming back has been the catalyst for the Nets great defense this month.

Then you throw in Livingston who is a long and athletic defender and Anderson who is a tough defender along with Pierce and Johnson. That is a very well rounded starting lineup.

They have Deron Williams, Kirilenko, Blatche, and Terry and Teletovic who is finally introducing himself to America after lighting up the Euro league. That is insane depth

Also of note is how well they have played since Brook went down. His style of play was horrible for this team. Soon as he went down the ball movement improved and so did the team.

jmoney85
01-25-2014, 01:25 AM
people went from "the nets are going to contend for the nba title" to "I told everybody this team wouldn't be good" to "the nets are red hot I knew this team would come through"

TheMightyHumph
01-25-2014, 01:47 AM
people went from "the nets are going to contend for the nba title" to "I told everybody this team wouldn't be good" to "the nets are red hot I knew this team would come through"

Don't believe I said, at any time, that I knew this team would come through.

KniCks4LiFe
01-25-2014, 01:59 AM
But y'all wanted to fire Kidd.

uh..uh..uh..uh..yehhhhhhhh

DoMeFavors
01-25-2014, 02:09 AM
They are legit, nobody wants to face this team in playoffs believe me.

TheMightyHumph
01-25-2014, 02:26 AM
But y'all wanted to fire Kidd.

uh..uh..uh..uh..yehhhhhhhh

In which post did I state that?

TheMightyHumph
01-25-2014, 02:28 AM

Oops....look who has decided to return at this particular juncture.

Were you hiding in Newfoundland?

Sadds The Gr8
01-25-2014, 02:32 AM

lol this guy all of a sudden comes outta the woodwork when Brooklyn doesn't suck dick anymore

KniCks4LiFe
01-25-2014, 02:34 AM

holy faq dis fool is back from hibernation?

Chill_Will_24
01-25-2014, 04:03 AM
I got banned from the Nets SBNation blog so many times and was flamed so often for blaspheming against the holy man that did no wrong Brook Lopez.

I told everyone how overrated he was and how little he fit our team.

We were forced to start scrubs like Humphries and Evans cuz the big idiot is too soft to grab rebounds.

We had a slow, predictable, sluggish offense tailored for him which in turn made some players worse (Wallace, Mirza ) because Lopez is a terrible passer with no basketball iq.

As soon as he left, the ball movement increased, the offense became more efficient and the defense improved.

It's a shame cuz he was very good as a rookie and sophomore when he was used mainly as a role player and 3rd option. As his USG% and role increased so did my dislike for him

It's not just him going down that has helped the team though. Garnett back to C and AK back has helped. Our defense has been tough this month

c.c.
01-25-2014, 05:49 AM
What's red hot about them?

Drummond#1
01-25-2014, 07:41 AM
So that's where all that money went.

Drummond#1
01-25-2014, 07:42 AM
I've always been against boating about teams who are $60mil in the luxury.

DoMeFavors
01-25-2014, 01:00 PM
lol this guy all of a sudden comes outta the woodwork when Brooklyn doesn't suck dick anymore

im pretty sure I was here when Nets were putting up 20 wins a yr, its called I am busy with a new era in my life. I dont have the time to post 33 thousand posts.

Jamiecballer
01-25-2014, 01:06 PM

there's no woodwork where he's from, just padded walls.

koreancabbage
01-25-2014, 01:49 PM
I got banned from the Nets SBNation blog so many times and was flamed so often for blaspheming against the holy man that did no wrong Brook Lopez.

I told everyone how overrated he was and how little he fit our team.

We were forced to start scrubs like Humphries and Evans cuz the big idiot is too soft to grab rebounds.

We had a slow, predictable, sluggish offense tailored for him which in turn made some players worse (Wallace, Mirza ) because Lopez is a terrible passer with no basketball iq.

As soon as he left, the ball movement increased, the offense became more efficient and the defense improved.

It's a shame cuz he was very good as a rookie and sophomore when he was used mainly as a role player and 3rd option. As his USG% and role increased so did my dislike for him

It's not just him going down that has helped the team though. Garnett back to C and AK back has helped. Our defense has been tough this month

they'll need him come playoff basketball. Half court sets is where Lopez thrives.

Chill_Will_24
01-25-2014, 02:07 PM
Yea except we saw last year what Lopez could do in the playoffs. Great individual stats but sucks when it counts.

Soft *** big man got man handled all over the place and beat to every rebound by Noah. .

Lopez is the Melo of big men. Can put up nice stats but is not really an impact player. Plays HAVE to be called for him. Very high USG%. Combine that with the fact that he cannot pass worth of **** and you have a recipe for a bad player made to look better by the system he plays in. Once the ball gets in his hands, you are NOT getting it back. It's stand and watch ball. It's the reason the Knicks suck and It's why the Nets sucked. They just did it from different positions. Knicks with Melo and Nets with Brook except Melo is actually an accurate passer when he tries. Brook bounces it off his own foot when he tries.

There is no place for a slow lumbering big man like Brook unless you surround him with great athletic defenders or unless he has amazing iq and passing ability like Gasol.

EDIT: Ironically enough Bulls have the perfect roster for Lopez to succeed. Athletic defenders with a great defensive system and a tough coach.

Oh how I dream of a Noah-Lopez swap. If only the Bulls were stupid enough to do it :(

TheMightyHumph
01-25-2014, 03:10 PM
they'll need him come playoff basketball. Half court sets is where Lopez thrives.

Not this years playoffs

TheMightyHumph
01-25-2014, 03:13 PM
What's red hot about them?

Wins as opposed to losses against good teams

waveycrockett
01-25-2014, 03:17 PM
Yea except we saw last year what Lopez could do in the playoffs. Great individual stats but sucks when it counts.

Soft *** big man got man handled all over the place and beat to every rebound by Noah. .

Lopez is the Melo of big men. Can put up nice stats but is not really an impact player. Plays HAVE to be called for him. Very high USG%. Combine that with the fact that he cannot pass worth of **** and you have a recipe for a bad player made to look better by the system he plays in. Once the ball gets in his hands, you are NOT getting it back. It's stand and watch ball. It's the reason the Knicks suck and It's why the Nets sucked. They just did it from different positions. Knicks with Melo and Nets with Brook except Melo is actually an accurate passer when he tries. Brook bounces it off his own foot when he tries.

There is no place for a slow lumbering big man like Brook unless you surround him with great athletic defenders or unless he has amazing iq and passing ability like Gasol.

EDIT: Ironically enough Bulls have the perfect roster for Lopez to succeed. Athletic defenders with a great defensive system and a tough coach.

Oh how I dream of a Noah-Lopez swap. If only the Bulls were stupid enough to do it :(

Your theory will be put to the test this year. I dont buy your argument at all but we will see come playoff time.

c.c.
01-25-2014, 03:22 PM
Wins as opposed to losses against good teams

So that means my Rockets are flaming hot then!

waveycrockett
01-25-2014, 03:23 PM

Nets are 10-1 this month. That qualifies as hot.

JNA17
01-25-2014, 03:24 PM
I knew that team wouldn't stay bad forever. Not with the team they have. Even without Brook.

DoMeFavors, just stop talking. You're making other Nets fans look bad.

John Walls Era
01-25-2014, 04:12 PM
they beat the Mavs!

Championship.

TheMightyHumph
01-25-2014, 04:19 PM
they beat the Mavs!

Championship.

They beat the Thunder in OKC.

Pretty cool.

TheMightyHumph
01-25-2014, 04:26 PM

There is a rumor some Rockets are flaming.

John Walls Era
01-25-2014, 05:07 PM
I said JKidd would become a good coach. It was unfortunate Lawrence Frank sabotaged him earlier.

John Walls Era
01-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Raptors looking to cool them off.... again

John Walls Era
01-27-2014, 10:59 PM
Choke

deaner
01-28-2014, 12:08 AM
What rhymes with hot?

raptor shut them down without Demar.

selassi3
01-28-2014, 01:50 AM
What rhymes with hot?

raptor shut them down without Demar.

:hi5::up::laugh::surrender::laugh2::cheer::rimshot ::ouch::jumpy::win::facepalm::lift:

Patrick Patterson :layup:

Bostonjorge
01-28-2014, 02:07 AM
Let's hope they stay in that 7th spot come playoff time.

bucketss
01-28-2014, 02:09 AM
eat pipe nets.

DoMeFavors
01-28-2014, 03:09 AM
one win and everyone goes crazy, people only feel that against the threats. Nets taking the division I bet my life on it.

JNA17
01-28-2014, 03:11 AM
Nets taking the division I bet my life on it.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/483/928/fb0.jpg

BALLER R
01-28-2014, 07:59 AM
one win and everyone goes crazy, people only feel that against the threats. Nets taking the division I bet my life on it.

Both net loses this year has come against the Raptors. You aren't a threat to us as much as we are the threat to you.

DoMeFavors
01-28-2014, 02:25 PM
Both net loses this year has come against the Raptors. You aren't a threat to us as much as we are the threat to you.

Nets were up 3 with 15 seconds, you pulled a miracle out. Dont get cocky

John Walls Era
01-28-2014, 02:33 PM

What does that convert to in dollars?

The_905
01-28-2014, 03:24 PM
Nets were up 3 with 15 seconds, you pulled a miracle out. Dont get cocky

The Raps beat your Nets on their home court without their best scorer and you are telling Raptors fans not to get cocky? Please.

Give credit where credit is do, son.

KniCks4LiFe
01-28-2014, 03:29 PM
What does that convert to in dollars?

:laugh:

KniCks4LiFe
01-28-2014, 03:42 PM
BTW I didn't want to say I told y'all so. But didn't I say how D-Will stalls Joe Johnson? Y'all notice Joe ain't scoring anymore since D-Will's return? 25 pts. against my team, but then 13, 5, 6, 12?

Y'all notice how Shaun Livingston is worn out playing D on his man and Deron's eversince he returned? Not to mention 2 costly turnovers in the clutch when your team needed you to protect the ball. But y'all wanted to blame Kidd. :cool:

nastynice
01-28-2014, 03:45 PM
good to hear they turned it around. I remember when they beat the dubs a while back, I was thinking that bk actually played a really good game, it wasn't a fluke, they looked really good. I couldn't figure out why they were struggling so bad at the time, but looks like they got things going

eibbor
01-28-2014, 03:51 PM
I haven't watched many of their games. Any opinions on what has happened for the recent surge?

KniCks4LiFe
01-28-2014, 04:02 PM
good to hear they turned it around. I remember when they beat the dubs a while back, I was thinking that bk actually played a really good game, it wasn't a fluke, they looked really good. I couldn't figure out why they were struggling so bad at the time, but looks like they got things going

that's cuz Livingston, Joe, KG, Paul, they stepped on both sides of the ball, AK47 and Blatche and Mirza showed what they can do. The sad thing is this happened w/ Deron out.

JNA17
01-28-2014, 04:21 PM
that's cuz Livingston, Joe, KG, Paul, they stepped on both sides of the ball, AK47 and Blatche and Mirza showed what they can do. The sad thing is this happened w/ Deron out.

And Brook Lopez.

TheMightyHumph
01-28-2014, 04:39 PM
I haven't watched many of their games. Any opinions on what has happened for the recent surge?

Garnett better at Center than PF. Pierce better PF than Garnett. Joe Johnson hot shooting streak. Shaun Livingston playing decently. Alan Anderson's defense, and shooting (when his shot is on). AK47's hustle on both end of the court. Mirza occasionally torching the basket. And, of course, Blatcheness.

dtmagnet
01-28-2014, 05:01 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/483/928/fb0.jpg

Classic, omae wa mo shindeiru!

SteBO
01-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Probably the one team as a Heat fan I'd rather avoid in Round 1, but I doubt it gets to that point. They've found themselves on both ends of the court it looks like, but some of their core player are still old....

JNA17
01-28-2014, 08:32 PM
Classic, omae wa mo shindeiru!

Finally someone gets the reference! :D

koreancabbage
01-28-2014, 08:59 PM

a couple of wins by this overrated team and every nets fan goes crazy. even brought you back to this site. Where were you when they were losing.

John Walls Era
01-29-2014, 03:04 AM
Probably the one team as a Heat fan I'd rather avoid in Round 1, but I doubt it gets to that point. They've found themselves on both ends of the court it looks like, but some of their core player are still old....

let me get this straight. heat fans are scared of an old grizzled team? real confidence there.

selassi3
01-29-2014, 04:12 AM
The Raps beat your Nets on their home court without their best scorer and you are telling Raptors fans not to get cocky? Please.

Give credit where credit is do, son.

^^This, my dude said it right.

John Walls Era
02-02-2014, 01:25 AM
Red hot

TheMightyHumph
02-02-2014, 03:30 AM
They played a very good game vs. Pacers tonight.