PDA

View Full Version : Who are your reserves for the all star teams ?

Stunner
01-23-2014, 08:30 PM
The Starters

West

Curry
Kobe
KD
Blake
Love

East

Kyrie
Wade
PG
Melo
Bron

For the West I pick :

Howard
Lillard
Harden
CP3 ( if healthy )
Parker
Anthony Davis
DMC

East :

Bosh
Hibbert
Noah
Wall
Derozan
Drummond
Affalo

*Silver&Black*
01-23-2014, 08:40 PM
East :

Bosh
Hibbert
Noah
Wall
Derozan
Drummond
Affalo

Continuing PSD hate for the Hawks (happens every year), the 3rd best team in the East. Millsap and/or Teague will get in.

Stunner
01-23-2014, 08:42 PM
Continuing PSD hate for the Hawks, the 3rd best team in the East.

Milsap over AA then ?

John Walls Era
01-23-2014, 08:45 PM
I don't think Affalo should make it. Maybe throw a Hawk in there. Maybe Teague or Al Horford (they can then give his spot to someone since he's hurt).

*Silver&Black*
01-23-2014, 08:47 PM
Milsap over AA then ?

Millsap over Derozan, Drummond, and Affalo. Leaving out the 3rd best team in the East for name recognition (Kyrie and Kobe starting even shows the average NBA fan's knowledge of the league is). Teague should be in before those 3 too.

Also LA is the best Blazer, he will be in.

John Walls Era
01-23-2014, 08:50 PM
Millsap over Derozan, Drummond, and Affalo. Leaving out the 3rd best team in the East for name recognition (Kyrie and Kobe starting even shows the average NBA fan's knowledge of the league is). Teague should be in before those 3 too.

Derozan is playing better than Millsap. Record doesn't mean as much as raw stats, as shown from recent history...

Stunner
01-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Honestly more big men will get voted in the reserve spot for the East so Drummond has a chance. Aldridge is so overrated to me , Davis and DMV are having a better year than him including Kevin love who surprisingly got voted in ; all players who are on teams not in the playoffs .

*Silver&Black*
01-23-2014, 08:55 PM
Derozan is playing better than Millsap. Record doesn't mean as much as raw stats, as shown from recent history...

Ok, reward Cavs, Raptors, Pistons, Magic over Hawks. Obviously looking cool while losing is better than consistently in the top 3-4 of the East and making the playoffs, longer than any team (even the Heat). I mean, people vote for injured guys on horrible teams (Kobe) to be a starter. Fans shouldn't have a vote, I agree with Barkley.

John Walls Era
01-23-2014, 08:59 PM
Ok, reward Cavs, Raptors, Pistons, Magic over Hawks. Obviously looking cool while losing is better than consistently in the top 3-4 of the East and making the playoffs, longer than any team (even the Heat). I mean, people vote for injured guys on horrible teams (Kobe) to be a starter. Fans shouldn't have a vote, I agree with Barkley.

Horford can make it. IDC either way. I don't really watch the AS game, maybe highlights.

*Silver&Black*
01-23-2014, 09:04 PM
Horford can make it. IDC either way. I don't really watch the AS game, maybe highlights.

When was the last time an injured guy (before he was announced an all-star) made the team by coach's decision? Usually a guy gets injured after he was named. I don't think Horford will unless a 2nd Hawk like Millsap gets in as well.

SPURSFAN1
01-23-2014, 09:16 PM
Funny millsap and jefferson are going to be allstars in the east. hahahaha. 8th/9th seed best in the west.

Bishnoff
01-23-2014, 11:08 PM
I would love for Dragic to get in but there's just too many quality guards ahead of him right now in the West.

DreamShaker
01-23-2014, 11:24 PM
West:

Harden
Howard
CP3
LA
Parker
Dirk
Lillard
Boogie (injury replacement)

East:

Wall
Lowery
Hortford
Bosh
Hibbert
Noah
DD

Hulk6
01-23-2014, 11:29 PM
MCW over derozan and afflalo

Hulk6
01-23-2014, 11:30 PM
I dont have to say Boogie cause if he doesnt it will be the greatest all star snub in the history of all star snubs

IndyRealist
01-23-2014, 11:43 PM

Probably won't make it in on coaches votes, since he's a lock for the rookie game.

John Walls Era
01-23-2014, 11:49 PM
isnt derozan leading all sgs outside harden in ppg? raw stats like that = as birth

Nick O
01-24-2014, 12:08 AM
EAST:
Bosh
Hibbert
Derozen
Milsapp
Wall
Jefferson
AA

TheMightyHumph
01-24-2014, 12:23 AM
I think the All-Star reserves should be made up of actual reserves, as in bench players.

John Walls Era
01-24-2014, 12:32 AM
I agree with TNT guys. Their lists aren't bad. http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/01/23/east-reserves-hard-to-spread-around/?ls=nbahpsplit1

raptors3589
01-24-2014, 12:49 AM
East:

C. Bosh
R. Hibbert
J. Wall
D. DeRozan
L. Stephenson
J. Noah
P. Millsap

West:

L. Aldridge
D. Lillard
D. Howard
J. Harden
T. Parker
A. Davis
C. Paul (if not injured- if so, replaced by DMC)

VinceCarter
01-24-2014, 12:51 AM
Joe Johnson if he keeps this up should be thought about.

Tony_Starks
01-24-2014, 12:58 AM
East

Bosh
Hibbert
Drummond
Afflalo
Wall
Stephenson
Derozan

West

LA
Lillard
PArker
Harden
Dirk
DMC
Howard

Pierre The Poet
01-24-2014, 01:20 AM
I think the All-Star reserves should be made up of actual reserves, as in bench players.

That would be kinda cool lol

AllDay28
01-24-2014, 01:28 AM
Honestly more big men will get voted in the reserve spot for the East so Drummond has a chance. Aldridge is so overrated to me , Davis and DMV are having a better year than him including Kevin love who surprisingly got voted in ; all players who are on teams not in the playoffs .

You don't see blazer games if you think Aldridge is sooo overrated

AllDay28
01-24-2014, 01:32 AM
East:

C. Bosh
R. Hibbert
J. Wall
D. DeRozan
L. Stephenson
J. Noah
P. Millsap

West:

L. Aldridge
D. Lillard
D. Howard
J. Harden
T. Parker
A. Davis
C. Paul (if not injured- if so, replaced by DMC)

I agree 100% with this

RipCity32
01-24-2014, 01:42 AM
As much as I would love to see Drummond get in he probably don't deserve it yet. He's starting to struggle a bit but I blame it on this crap roster Dumars has constructed. It's so bad defensively and offensively combined with the fact that Jennings and Smith won't let the kid touch the ball. It's almost like him and Monroe both are just stuck sitting around watching these clowns.

firebryan!!
01-24-2014, 01:46 AM
isnt derozan leading all sgs outside harden in ppg? raw stats like that = as birthyup

lol, please
01-24-2014, 02:13 AM
No reason why DLee should get snubbed from starter, he better make reserves.

Nick O
01-24-2014, 02:58 AM
why people voting in Noah just curious?. i know hes lucky with lopez and chandler being hurt but damn. the east cant be that desperate

numba1CHANGsta
01-24-2014, 03:10 AM
too many injuries to predict

CityofChaos
01-24-2014, 03:22 AM
No player on a losing team should make it unless they're averging 40 points a game or 20 rebounds....but then again the east is so bad so I guess it wouldnt matter lol

Phenomenonsense
01-24-2014, 03:26 AM
It would be a nice gift in this ****** offseason if Drummond were to make the team, but it would be undeserved.

TheMightyHumph
01-24-2014, 03:43 AM
why people voting in Noah just curious?. i know hes lucky with lopez and chandler being hurt but damn. the east cant be that desperate

Absolutely one of the best bigmen in the NBA.

sunsfan88
01-24-2014, 04:54 AM
If CP3 ain't playing, Dragic better get it. No other guard in the West has had a better season than him (other than Parker, Harden, Curry and Lillard who should all be all stars as well)

AllDay28
01-24-2014, 05:00 AM
Idk if dragic will get in... It'll be close though , but good chance he will be snubbed

sunsfan88
01-24-2014, 08:58 AM
Curry/Lillard/Parker
Harden/Dragic
Durant/Davis
Griffin/Aldridge/Dirk
Love/Howard

Jamiecballer
01-24-2014, 09:01 AM

you know nothing Jon Snow.

Noah is very good.

Bartlee23
01-24-2014, 09:41 AM

Have you ever seen him play? By that response it sounds like you haven't. He is having a great year, was arguably a DPOY candidate last year and even thought there have been injuries he still deserves a spot.

NYKnickFanatic
01-24-2014, 10:09 AM
I dont have to say Boogie cause if he doesnt it will be the greatest all star snub in the history of all star snubs

Curry last year?

Stunner
01-24-2014, 10:30 AM
LaMarcus Aldridge has taken 887 shots (leads the league) to score 1,018 points. That's 1.147 points per field goal attempt. In comparison, Luol Deng has taken 444 shots for 561 points, 1.264 points per field goal attempt. Rudy Gay. I could go on, but you get the point.

Aldridge isn't efficient, at all. He doesn't help his team offensively outside of drawing attention away from others, but he's on the BEST offense in the league so his inefficiency is unacceptable. His defense is mediocre at best. He's finally rebounding at a great rate though and he's making plays for others alright i guess.

LMA to me is the most overrated player in the league. Bringing up this thread and not really doing so without understanding the context of LMA's production is stupid.

LMA is a damn good player, but i wouldn't take him over a number of guys. If you sad that Aldridge had a case for a top-5 player, then nobody would every berate you to the attune of a Livingston = Jordan comparison. Because LMA had a case to be a top-5 PF before the year started, and he still does. The point of this overall though, is that he's not nearly as good as you currently think he is and there are a number of guys that could fill in for his overall production (factoring in efficiency, usage, defense, rebounding, etc) on that ridiculous Blazers team in which LMA currently ranks FIFTH in true shooting percentage and Offensive Rating.

My man Shammy with the LA facts

AllDay28
01-24-2014, 02:32 PM
^^^.

LMA is very efficient ... Portland is under 500 without him. You contradict yourself in those facts you list

Hulk6
01-24-2014, 03:20 PM
Curry last year?

Dont know what curry had this time last year but DMC right now is avg 24 and 12.. Disrespectful to not pick him

Shammyguy3
01-24-2014, 03:44 PM
^^^.

LMA is very efficient ... Portland is under 500 without him. You contradict yourself in those facts you list

Do you understand what efficiency means? Because he's not very efficient. He's not. A 52.2ts% is not even average for his position. Yes, his 29.7usg% must be factored in, but there are a lot of players in this league who maintain at least an average efficiency on high usage rates.

EDIT: that post which Sunnerko quoted me on, that was a mistype when i said "top-5 player"... that obviously should've been top-5 PF, as I correctly typed in the following sentence.

dwoyo
01-24-2014, 03:47 PM
I totally agree. But it's also unfortunate that Al Horford their best player is out for the year. I do think Jeff Teague though is establishing himself, and should get recognition over either Afflalo or Drummond (who, don't get me wrong, or also just as worthy)

Continuing PSD hate for the Hawks (happens every year), the 3rd best team in the East. Millsap and/or Teague will get in.

2-ONE-5
01-24-2014, 03:51 PM

3rd best in the east means nothing when theyre only 3 games over .500

phantasyyy
01-24-2014, 03:58 PM
I dont think AA should make it in, his teams 11-32, someone has to put up the numbers on that team..

Stunner
01-24-2014, 04:12 PM
I dont think AA should make it in, his teams 11-32, someone has to put up the numbers on that team..

He was on that team last year and didn't do what he did this year , if not that's more of a reason for him to be an all star because defenses have to focus on him first .

ManRam
01-24-2014, 04:22 PM
I get that the Hawks based on record "deserve" someone there...but it sure as hell shouldn't be Teague. Horford would have made it if he were healthy. Millsap should be the only other option. I'm fine with him making it, but not Teague. He's not nearly good enough.

My picks. Thrown together real quick off the top of my head so pardon me if there's an obvious omission.

East
Automatic: Hibbert, Wall, Bosh

I see 7 guys fighting for the last 4 spots
DeRozan
Lowry
Afflalo
Stephenson
Drummond
Noah
Millsap

The guards are tough. All have strong cases. DeRozan is the most fun, and is carrying a huge scoring load. Lowry is the next best PG in the East after the guys in already, and by a good margin. Lance fills the stat sheet, but at the same time probably still isn't quite the player the other three are. He's got the team success going for him, and he too is fun. We want fun in the AS Game? No? If push comes to shove gimme the fun guys. Afflalo has probably been a tad better than DeRozan and Stephenson, but his team will hold him back.

Lowry and Afflalo are my two choices. The former because he's the best of the 4, and the latter because I'm exercising my infrequently used right to be a homer. Also, he's been better than DeDe and Lance, regardless of team success. He's a better player, and I do think that matters most.

Gimme Millsap and Noah as the two bigs. Drummond's time will come.

West

Less controversial, for some reason. Less cruddy players?

LMA - duh
Howard - still a duh, even though he's not DH of old
Paul -- if he can play he has to be there. should get the ceremonial nod regardless
Lillard - not quite duh, but still obviously deserving
Cousins - should be another very obvious pick...he's been arguably the best center in the league, his team shouldn't negate that potential fact
Davis - missed time, and putting him over dirk might be sacrilege, but whatever
Tony Parker
Harden replaces Kobe

No disrespect to Dirk, and a lesser extent Duncan, Ibaka or Conley...and Lee

ManRam
01-24-2014, 04:23 PM
He was on that team last year and didn't do what he did this year , if not that's more of a reason for him to be an all star because defenses have to focus on him first .

Yeah. He's playing MUCH better this year. It's not empty stats, because he didn't do that last year. He's made significant improvements to his game. He's the only strong offensive option we have...he gets a lot of attention from opposing defenses.

2-ONE-5
01-24-2014, 04:45 PM
East: MCW, Wall, Al Jeff, Noah, PG, Drummond, AA

West: Harden, LMA, Lillard, Howard, CP3, Dirk, Dragic

North Yorker
01-24-2014, 04:50 PM
East: MCW, Wall, Al Jeff, Noah, PG, Drummond, AA

West: Harden, LMA, Lillard, Howard, CP3, Dirk, Dragic

PG, as in a point guard?

Goose17
01-24-2014, 05:02 PM
For the West I pick :

Lamarcus Aldridge
Damian Lillard
CP3 (if healthy) if not, Harden.
Tony Parker
Anthony Davis
David Lee
Nicolas Batum

Injury replacements; Wes Mathews and Demarcus Cousins.

East :

Joakim Noah
John Wall
DeMar DeRozan
Andre Drummond
Paul Millsap
Roy Hibbert
Kyle Lowry

2-ONE-5
01-24-2014, 05:15 PM
PG, as in a point guard?

hah no for Geroge i dont know how i missed he was starting. in that case replace him in there with Milsap

2-ONE-5
01-24-2014, 05:17 PM
For the West I pick :

Lamarcus Aldridge
Damian Lillard
CP3 (if healthy) if not, Harden.
Tony Parker
Anthony Davis
David Lee
Nicolas Batum

Injury replacements; Wes Mathews and Demarcus Cousins.

East :

Joakim Noah
John Wall
DeMar DeRozan
Andre Drummond
Paul Millsap
Roy Hibbert
Kyle Lowry

3 blazers and 0 rockets? Lee over Dirk?, Davis over Howard?

John Walls Era
01-24-2014, 05:23 PM
What are Lowry's stats? 16 and 6? He has been making an impact since the gay trade but those are not allstar numbers. I want to see Derozan make it though. He is pretty flashy and that environment allows him to show some nasty dunks. Also he works very hard, hes made consistent progress every season.

bootsy
01-24-2014, 05:32 PM

I'd love to see this too. Afflalo and Derozan add zero and zero excitement to this game for me.

Goose17
01-24-2014, 05:33 PM
3 blazers and 0 rockets? Lee over Dirk?, Davis over Howard?

Davis over Howard? Yes. Howard has been there before, I want Davis to have a turn. And you could definitely make an argument for him having a better season (as an individual talent). As for 0 rockets? I would have went with Parsons but I feel Batum is being unappreciated for what he's doing out in Portland, LMA and Lillard are getting all the credit, he deserves to be acknowledged in some way. Plus I mentioned Harden as a back up if CP3 is out.

Lee is one of the most consistent offensive players in the league. Plus I'm a Warriors fan, I'm allowed at least one homer vote.

What are Lowry's stats? 16 and 6? He has been making an impact since the gay trade but those are not allstar numbers. I want to see Derozan make it though. He is pretty flashy and that environment allows him to show some nasty dunks. Also he works very hard, hes made consistent progress every season.

DeRozan has been fun to watch and should definitely be there considering how awful the East is. But Lowry runs that team, I mean he literally runs it on the court, DeRozan wouldn't have those numbers without him, again, he's being out shined and people aren't giving him the respect and credit that he's due.

2-ONE-5
01-24-2014, 05:35 PM
16/7/4 Lowry is fully deserving he has done a little bit of everything and has several games just short of a triple double

2-ONE-5
01-24-2014, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE=Goose17;27862268]Davis over Howard? Yes. Howard has been there before, I want Davis to have a turn. And you could definitely make an argument for him having a better season (as an individual talent). As for 0 rockets? I would have went with Parsons but I feel Batum is being unappreciated for what he's doing out in Portland, LMA and Lillard are getting all the credit, he deserves to be acknowledged in some way. Plus I mentioned Harden as a back up if CP3 is out.

Lee is one of the most consistent offensive players in the league. Plus I'm a Warriors fan, I'm allowed at least one homer vote.

Batum is great and prob underrated but doesnt make him an AS nor does Portland deserve 3 in the game. AS for Davis when he leads his team to a halfway decent record then he can get some consideration.

ManRam
01-24-2014, 05:40 PM
What are Lowry's stats? 16 and 6? He has been making an impact since the gay trade but those are not allstar numbers.

Basic per game stats? Well, even if that's all that's worth looking at, you're probably wrong.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2014&year_max=2014&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=pts_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=16&c2stat=ast_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=7&c3stat=trb_per_g&c3comp=gt&c3val=4&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws

Lowry is an AS caliber PG. And a better player than DeRozan.

Goose17
01-24-2014, 05:42 PM
Batum is great and prob underrated but doesnt make him an AS nor does Portland deserve 3 in the game.

Then what team does? Indiana? They're the only team in the league with a better record.

AS for Davis when he leads his team to a halfway decent record then he can get some consideration.

I don't think your teams record should reflect in the all star game, the MVP award? Sure. All Star? Nah. The All Star game is about individuals, not teams. Davis should be in it for the same reason Love should. Incredible display of individual talent.

Stunner
01-24-2014, 05:47 PM
Derozan has been doing his thing all year long Lowry was on the verg of being traded at one point .

2-ONE-5
01-24-2014, 05:52 PM
Then what team does? Indiana? They're the only team in the league with a better record.

no one currently has 3 deserving.

I don't think your teams record should reflect in the all star game, the MVP award? Sure. All Star? Nah. The All Star game is about individuals, not teams. Davis should be in it for the same reason Love should. Incredible display of individual talent.

yea but the Pels are in the bottom of the league record wise and when it comes to picking reserves in a non tank season team record always plays a part.

2-ONE-5
01-24-2014, 05:53 PM
Derozan has been doing his thing all year long Lowry was on the verg of being traded at one point .

Lowry holds more value thats all.

John Walls Era
01-24-2014, 06:35 PM
Basic per game stats? Well, even if that's all that's worth looking at, you're probably wrong.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2014&year_max=2014&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=pts_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=16&c2stat=ast_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=7&c3stat=trb_per_g&c3comp=gt&c3val=4&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws

Lowry is an AS caliber PG. And a better player than DeRozan.

Im right again like usual. 16-7 are not AS numbers no matter how you twist it. Derozan is easily the best player they have but you have a history of overrating ok players and underrating true stars...

JusDBasics
01-24-2014, 06:36 PM
EAST

Wall
DeRozan
Lowry
Millsap
Jefferson
Bosh
Hibbert

WEST
Harden
Paul
Parker
Howard
Aldridge
Anthony Davis
Dirk

John Walls Era
01-24-2014, 06:40 PM
Only idiots think Lowry "holds more value". I guess the gms of his olds teams never got the message. Idc if he makes it but not over derozan.

aman_13
01-24-2014, 06:58 PM
The numbers don't lie, Lowry is the most important Raptor. If he's not playing well, the team doesn't play well.

ManRam
01-24-2014, 06:59 PM
Im right again like usual. 16-7 are not AS numbers no matter how you twist it. Derozan is easily the best player they have but you have a history of overrating ok players and underrating true stars...

:laugh:

Great retort. I just showed you how only 3 other PGs, all of whom are all-stars, are going 16-7-4. :laugh: You made a claim, it was false, and don't respond with any sustenance.

And you just called DeMar DeRozan a true star.

You've reached NickyDymez status with me. Adios.

Articulate to me how DeRozan is a "star" and "easily" the best player they have. Please.

ManRam
01-24-2014, 07:01 PM

Because he's an expiring and has a ton of value, and because they weren't sure whether they wanted to compete or not. He wasn't almost traded because he's bad. Hell, they know he's about to make bank this summer. Once they moved Gay and realized they could make the playoffs without him, you haven't heard a peep.

FlakeyFool
01-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Lol did someone actually claim derozan as the raps best player? Take lowry off the raps and they go in the toliet

John Walls Era
01-24-2014, 07:21 PM
Lol did someone actually claim derozan as the raps best player? Take lowry off the raps and they go in the toliet

The blizzard yesterday mustve froze ur brain. Lowry will be gone next year and the Raps will still make the playoffs

John Walls Era
01-24-2014, 07:24 PM
:laugh:

Great retort. I just showed you how only 3 other PGs, all of whom are all-stars, are going 16-7-4. :laugh: You made a claim, it was false, and don't respond with any sustenance.

And you just called DeMar DeRozan a true star.

You've reached NickyDymez status with me. Adios.

Articulate to me how DeRozan is a "star" and "easily" the best player they have. Please.

When he makes the as game, he will be called a star. Idk what a nickdymez is but i rather be that than a Dwight apologist like you. I havent been wrong in awhile so why dont YOU waste your time and articulate to ME. Youve been wrong in both forums so u should be proving to me.

Chronz
01-24-2014, 07:31 PM

Whats being traded have to do with anything? They kept him and hes been their most productive/influential player.

John Walls Era
01-24-2014, 07:38 PM
Whats being traded have to do with anything? They kept him and hes been their most productive/influential player.

Does your butt hurt? You pull the most crap out of your *** on any sports forum. Im glad they got rid of u at the other forum.

tmacsc2
01-24-2014, 07:41 PM
How is Aldridge not on EVERYONES list? Lmao come on PSD!

Jamiecballer
01-24-2014, 07:56 PM

is this an honest opinion? is this why you never come into the Raps forum? because Lowry has been hands down the best player on the Raptors. Derozan is a nice player but he's in a group of 7 or 8 2nd tier SG's and the drop off from the first tier is HUGE.

Chronz
01-24-2014, 08:01 PM
Does your butt hurt? You pull the most crap out of your *** on any sports forum. Im glad they got rid of u at the other forum.
Hey an insult without a tmac reference thats good for u. About the topic tho, I dont know where youre getting any of this but feel free to back them with evidence of any kind.

Chronz
01-24-2014, 08:06 PM
Do you understand what efficiency means? Because he's not very efficient. He's not. A 52.2ts% is not even average for his position. Yes, his 29.7usg% must be factored in, but there are a lot of players in this league who maintain at least an average efficiency on high usage rates.

EDIT: that post which Sunnerko quoted me on, that was a mistype when i said "top-5 player"... that obviously should've been top-5 PF, as I correctly typed in the following sentence.

His ortg is more important.

John Walls Era
01-24-2014, 09:11 PM
Hey an insult without a tmac reference thats good for u. About the topic tho, I dont know where youre getting any of this but feel free to back them with evidence of any kind.

God doesn't need to prove to people. People need to prove to God. Why would I bring evidence? You should be proving to me...

John Walls Era
01-24-2014, 09:11 PM
is this an honest opinion? is this why you never come into the Raps forum? because Lowry has been hands down the best player on the Raptors. Derozan is a nice player but he's in a group of 7 or 8 2nd tier SG's and the drop off from the first tier is HUGE.

Tiers are not a good indication as they play different positions. Eastern PGs are very weak this year. Lowry is a good player, but he started off the year poorly due to Rudy Gay. When you look at the raw stats: 16-7, its difficult to call him an allstar. Derozan definitely deserves it, he has worked his *** off since his rookie year.

John Walls Era
01-24-2014, 09:20 PM

You're obsessed with losing since all you do is talk about Tmac.

Chronz
01-24-2014, 09:26 PM
God doesn't need to prove to people. People need to prove to God. Why would I bring evidence? You should be proving to me...

Ok sure just as soon as I know what youre talking about .

2-ONE-5
01-24-2014, 10:54 PM

Only idiots think Lowry "holds more value". I guess the gms of his olds teams never got the message. Idc if he makes it but not over derozan.

triple double for Lowry tonight...

good game do DD too but if you watched and im sure u didnt you wold see jsut how good Lowry really is. idiot

Jamiecballer
01-24-2014, 11:08 PM
Tiers are not a good indication as they play different positions. Eastern PGs are very weak this year. Lowry is a good player, but he started off the year poorly due to Rudy Gay. When you look at the raw stats: 16-7, its difficult to call him an allstar. Derozan definitely deserves it, he has worked his *** off since his rookie year.

i get it now. sort of like a lifetime achievement sort of deal.

MagicBucsSox
01-24-2014, 11:29 PM
The Starters

West

Curry
Kobe
KD
Blake
Love

East

Kyrie
Wade
PG
Melo
Bron

For the West I pick :

Howard
Lillard
Harden
CP3 ( if healthy )
Parker
Anthony Davis
DMC

East :

Bosh
Hibbert
Noah
Wall
Derozan
Drummond
Affalo
I agree 100% but Stephenson I have a tough time accepting being after Affalo

Shammyguy3
01-25-2014, 12:03 AM
His ortg is more important.

Sure, but i was quoted from a different thread so not all of my points in the Bulls forum that i made were brought along with it. LMA is a top-5 PF, but he's becoming the most overrated player in the league from what I've seen around these forums

John Walls Era
01-25-2014, 12:31 AM

John Walls Era
01-25-2014, 12:34 AM
Ok sure just as soon as I know what youre talking about .

Which will probably be never since your intelligence is not up to my par.

marvILLous
01-25-2014, 02:28 AM

Lol talking like the hawks are the clear-cut third best team in the east. Raps are tied for 3rd w/ them right now.. Not to mention bulls and wizards are just a game back..

Using your argument, derozan and lowry are just as worthy as millsap.

Calm down

JusDBasics
01-25-2014, 12:50 PM
The argument for Derozan and Lowry is pointless because both of them should make it along with Wall as the backcourt reserves. Stephenson in my mind is not deserving over those three players just for being on the best team in the league. He's a role player that only does well cause of who he plays with.

John Walls Era
01-27-2014, 11:03 PM
Lowry probably deserves a spot, but not over Derozan.

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 11:07 PM
I would go with

Lowry
Afflalo

Toss up between Derozan and Wall. Neither is efficient enough for my liking.

John Walls Era
01-27-2014, 11:07 PM
I would go with

Lowry
Afflalo

Toss up between Derozan and Wall. Neither is efficient enough for my liking.

you're out of your mind if you think Wall won't make it. I'd bet dollars to donuts on that one. Hes been the best PG in the East. Scoring =/= PG skills, don't get it twisted fool.

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 11:09 PM
you're out of your mind if you think Wall won't make it. I'd bet dollars to donuts on that one.

oh i know he will make it.

he's not there yet IMO. really inefficient. If i had room for another PG it would be him though.

John Walls Era
01-27-2014, 11:10 PM
oh i know he will make it.

he's not there yet IMO. really inefficient. If i had room for another PG it would be him though.

What is efficiency for a PG... what do you mean? You mean shooting? Hes not a shooter. PG skills =/= scoring. Wall is a real PG, not a combo guard.

John Walls Era
01-27-2014, 11:12 PM
BTW Lowry's FG% is .6 higher than Wall's. Lets not make it seem like Lowry is a god shooter.

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 11:17 PM
FG% is for babies dude. But i'm glad you asked.

Lowry, based on his performance this year, would need 751 field goal attempts to score 1000 points.

Wall, based on his performance this year, would need 833 field goal attempts to score 1000 points.

see the difference?

John Walls Era
01-27-2014, 11:20 PM
FG% is for babies dude. But i'm glad you asked.

Lowry, based on his performance this year, would need 751 field goal attempts to score 1000 points.

Wall, based on his performance this year, would need 833 field goal attempts to score 1000 points.

see the difference?

How many 3s is that? Don't give me one stat. Thats terrible. Sorry but if FG% is baby than I don't even know what that is. So scoring is the ONLY thing you can show me (didn't even show me) for your reason that Lowry is better than Wall. Sorry but thats just wrong.

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 11:21 PM
How many 3s is that? Don't give me one stat. Thats terrible. Sorry but if FG% is baby than I don't even know what that is.

it's breaking it down for someone who seems to think the number of 3's is relevant.

Jamiecballer
01-27-2014, 11:31 PM
How many 3s is that? Don't give me one stat. Thats terrible. Sorry but if FG% is baby than I don't even know what that is. So scoring is the ONLY thing you can show me (didn't even show me) for your reason that Lowry is better than Wall. Sorry but thats just wrong.

ok. well for starters, that difference in efficiency is pretty huge. secondly, Lowry has been pretty damn stellar defensively, and if taking charges was counted as a steal (as it should be since you are turning the other team over), Lowry would probably lead the league in that as well. And finally, Lowry does it without dominating the ball, which allows his teammates to be more involved in the game and use their skills as well.

Look Wall is a special talent, and I'm sure he'll get in whether he deserves it over Lowry or not, but in my opinion his effectiveness doesn't warrant such substantial usage yet. Therefore the numbers, IMO, are sort of empty.

2-ONE-5
01-28-2014, 10:59 AM
^dont bother dude has been hating on Lowry while the dude is putting nearly a triple double every other night right now

bholly
01-29-2014, 12:59 AM
The Bulls uploaded a video to their youtube account congratulating Noah on being selected:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24423431/whoops-bulls-post-premature-noah-all-star-video

It isn't clear if they know he's been selected already, or just have a video ready in case and made a mistake, but there it is.