PDA

View Full Version : Is Dragic ready to reach the next level?

PurpleLynch
01-23-2014, 06:11 PM
After the beautiful game against the Pacers,do you think that Dragic,now 27 years old,is ready to become a top 10 pg in the league(not counting Rose,for obvious reasons)?Where do you rank him in a top 10 pg in the league right now(if you think that he can be considered in this category)?
What's the ceiling for him?What do you think are his weaknesses and his strenghts?

KnicksorBust
01-23-2014, 06:43 PM
The irony of this post is he technically is their SG when Bledsoe is healthy.

Bishnoff
01-23-2014, 07:16 PM
Correct. Dragic is a SG. He's always been better suited to playing SG in my opinion but came into the league as a PG and has predominantly played that position throughout his career.

Not only is he better offensively as a SG, but he also plays much better defense on opposing 2's (and covering the passing lane, which is where he gets his steals and fast-breaks baskets).

Bishnoff
01-23-2014, 07:24 PM
After the beautiful game against the Pacers,do you think that Dragic,now 27 years old,is ready to become a top 10 pg in the league(not counting Rose,for obvious reasons)?Where do you rank him in a top 10 pg in the league right now(if you think that he can be considered in this category)?
What's the ceiling for him?What do you think are his weaknesses and his strenghts?

If you want to talk about his weaknesses as a PG, they are:

* Sometimes struggles to run the offense, especially in the half-court set;
* Has great difficulty staying in front of fast opposing PGs;
* Poor FT% for a guard (especially one so good at drawing contact).

PurpleLynch
01-23-2014, 07:36 PM
The irony of this post is he technically is their SG when Bledsoe is healthy.

You are right,he's a SG,but he played the pg role for the majority of his time in the Nba.Now that Bledsoe is down,he's a full-time pg.And that brings me to the next question:does he handle the sg role better than the pg role? I'm just eager to know more about him since I know little.

PurpleLynch
01-23-2014, 07:38 PM
If you want to talk about his weaknesses as a PG, they are:

* Sometimes struggles to run the offense, especially in the half-court set;
* Has great difficulty staying in front of fast opposing PGs;
* Poor FT% for a guard (especially one so good at drawing contact).

Ok,thank you,that's what I want to know. But as I said before,does he handle better the sg role? Could he be in the top 10 sgs in the league?

Duncan = Donkey
01-23-2014, 10:29 PM
Ok,thank you,that's what I want to know. But as I said before,does he handle better the sg role? Could he be in the top 10 sgs in the league?

He is easily a top 10 SG, where he sits in the top 10 is the question.

kobe4thewinbang
01-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Phoenix should keep him going forward.