PDA

View Full Version : Why arent we hearing more Carmelo trade talk?

TheBatchelor213
01-23-2014, 04:57 AM
I don't get it. The team is a train wreck and even if they somehow go on a run (which I doubt) it won't be a signifigant run to where he will want to stay. The guy is not going to stick around. Don't they need to get something of value for him? If he walks for nothing won't that be a PR disaster? I'm just surprised we haven't heard more talk. What's the consensus around here?

bagwell368
01-23-2014, 05:12 AM
Probably that most GM's realize he's trash and want nothing to do with him. It's hard to deal a guy when the phone gets hung up when his name is mentioned.

shep33
01-23-2014, 05:18 AM
At this point, I don't see what other teams would want to give up for him. He's an expiring, so the risk of leaving at the end of the season will always be there. So that takes away like 90% of the teams in the NBA. He can possibly sign out right with the Bulls or Lakers (kind of hope not) this offseason, so trading with them doesn't make much sense.

I say just keep him, roll the dice that he re-signs this summer, because they're not going to get much of anything back anyways.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2014, 05:27 AM
lol Dolan's not gonna trade his boy, look how much money he makes

Denver-boy
01-23-2014, 05:30 AM
maybe Knicks are asking for too much that most teams will wait. or Knicks are in-denial he will leave. either way the Knicks GM knows he in the hot seat. if he wants to keep his job, he will have to deal melo

Clippers wont deal Blake. they'll rather wait it out for him FA. I don't see that trade happening at all sorry.

But,
If I'm the GM of the Knicks. I trade Melo and Iman to Houston for Lin, Parsons and Asik. Parson is young talented SF to replace melo and Lin was always a fit for Knicks. get Asik, hopefully Dump Amare.

Lin-Felton-udrih
Hardaway Jr- JR smith
Parsons-MWP
Bargarni-Kmart - G.Smith
Asik-Chandler

amare ? -knicks now have two good centers. what to do with amare.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oblq4xm <- Trade works.

most likely rockets 1st rounder to finish it.

best deal I see them having on the table, now you guys know how it feels to be nugget fan lol cut ur losses and make the best of things. Lin is something for knick fans to be excited for, and Parsons a pretty darn good player, and forget JR and Iman, let the Hardway Jr era start.

Rockets get a boost, make a big 3.

Beverly -Brooks - Canaan
Harden- Iman Shumpart
Carmelo - Casspi - brewer
T.Jones - Donatas
Howard - Aldrich

to get Melo than have Iman be your man off the bench. that's a nice trade for them.

Duncan = Donkey
01-23-2014, 06:16 AM
Knicks probably want too much in return.
Alot of teams want nothing to do with him.
Knicks dont want to trade him.

Who Knows?

Asik's better
01-23-2014, 08:07 AM
maybe Knicks are asking for too much that most teams will wait. or Knicks are in-denial he will leave. either way the Knicks GM knows he in the hot seat. if he wants to keep his job, he will have to deal melo

Clippers wont deal Blake. they'll rather wait it out for him FA. I don't see that trade happening at all sorry.

But,
If I'm the GM of the Knicks. I trade Melo and Iman to Houston for Lin, Parsons and Asik. Parson is young talented SF to replace melo and Lin was always a fit for Knicks. get Asik, hopefully Dump Amare.

Lin-Felton-udrih
Hardaway Jr- JR smith
Parsons-MWP
Bargarni-Kmart - G.Smith
Asik-Chandler

best deal I see them having on the table, now you guys know how it feels to be nugget fan lol cut ur losses and make the best of things. Lin is something for knick fans to be excited for, and Parsons a pretty darn good player, and forget JR and Iman, let the Hardway Jr era start.

Beverly -Brooks - Canaan
Harden- Iman Shumpart
T.Jones - Donatas
Howard - Aldrich

to get Melo than have Iman be your man off the bench. that's a nice trade for them.
No

mudvayne387
01-23-2014, 08:21 AM
IMO There are only a few teams who would even consider Melo at this point ...

Clippers
Lakers
Bulls
Rockets

The Clippers won't part with Blake, The Lakers literally have nothing to give up for him, The Bulls seem to be in a wait and see mode, The Rockets may be the only logical place for him to go and I don't see him signing an extension there.

So, you let him walk (which is not as terrible as it seems).

Wait for Stoudemire's contract to expire, Trade Chandler and Filler to a contender for a 1st rounder, then try and re-load with a bunch of cap space after next season.

Ill21
01-23-2014, 09:30 AM
Probably that most GM's realize he's trash and want nothing to do with him. It's hard to deal a guy when the phone gets hung up when his name is mentioned.

Im not the biggest Melo fan and am really not to crazy about his style of play. But to say he is trash is absolutely moronic.

Denver-boy
01-23-2014, 09:47 AM
No

says Asik's fan boy. lol

Rockice_8
01-23-2014, 09:53 AM
Am I the only one that thinks he might stay? I can't see him leaving 30M on the table. He's always been about the money and he'll make the most of it in NY with the contract and media.

This team has been downright embarrassed on it's home floor for 3 straight games and yet it's still packed.

If they do get the sense he's gonna leave you have to trade him and it's in his best interest to tell the Knicks that since that 30M follows him in a trade but not in a FA move in the summer. I think it's because he wants to stay honestly, which is why we aren't hearing rumblings.

c.c.
01-23-2014, 10:07 AM

But,

Lin-Felton-udrih
Hardaway Jr- JR smith
Parsons-MWP
Bargarni-Kmart - G.Smith
Asik-Chandler

Beverly -Brooks - Canaan
Harden- Iman Shumpart
T.Jones - Donatas
Howard - Aldrich

Parsons? Lol Noway! 25 years old, on a rookie contract, doesn't need 25 shots a game to be effective like Melo, etc.

flea
01-23-2014, 10:14 AM

But,

Lin-Felton-udrih
Hardaway Jr- JR smith
Parsons-MWP
Bargarni-Kmart - G.Smith
Asik-Chandler

Beverly -Brooks - Canaan
Harden- Iman Shumpart
T.Jones - Donatas
Howard - Aldrich

Can't think of a much better way to turn a fringe contender into 6-8 seed purgatory. If mediocrity were the goal of basketball, you'd be a great GM.

tr3ymill3r
01-23-2014, 10:15 AM
If the Rockets and Knicks get together to make a deal, the Knicks will be screwed for the next 20 years. Morey will somehow trade TMac again along with draft picks that will ultimately land you another Jordan Hill. I'm a Rockets fan, but you have to be a little off to want to call up Morey at this point and try to make a deal that will benefit your team. Morey is a crazy assassin playing 2K in real life, and has no problem offering absolutely nothing for your superstars and making you think that it's a good deal.

Ill21
01-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Parsons? Lol Noway! 25 years old, on a rookie contract, doesn't need 25 shots a game to be effective like Melo, etc.

Melo has only taken 25 or more shots 5 times this season

c.c.
01-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Melo has only taken 25 or more shots 5 times this season

That's means he was only effective 5 games

Ill21
01-23-2014, 10:30 AM

Thats cute

3RDASYSTEM
01-23-2014, 10:33 AM
Its quite clear that teams are not going to pull a NUGGS 2.0 and give up the farm for him when he has stated publicly he will test the free agent waters, then teams will line up for him which in return would make the team stronger and not stripped not like KNICKS/DOLAN got raped out of that NUGGS deal, depth wise that is, nobody was MELO's talent comparable that NYC gave up its just they gave up way way too much, they should have let NETS grab him and then get him now in free agency upcoming

Ill21
01-23-2014, 10:34 AM

Thats why Melo is 7th in PER this season with a 23.5 rating

ManRam
01-23-2014, 10:35 AM

He's an expiring contract...and he's far from trash. He's been vastly overrated, but he's not trash. We don't need to jump to the other side of the ratedness spectrum all of a sudden. He'd be a valuable assets to a few teams, for sure.

The issue is that I'm sure the Knicks will ask for the moon for him, as they probably should.

The other issue is that I don't think anything has come out thus far that's anything but pure speculation. I'm sure if there ever becomes a harder or more solid rumor we'll get more chatter.

xxplayerxx23
01-23-2014, 10:36 AM
Lol some of the people in here are so stupid. If melo was on Houston they'd win it all. You can't double him Dwight and harden. That's what melo needs teammates that actually get defensive attention. Melo won't be traded. He wants let him go to LA. He can sign with the clippers he can't sign with the bulls right now unless boozer is amnestied. Call his bluff. He leaves you have your 015 pick with everyone expiring that year. 3 max money a top prospect. He stays you get the man help. Don't trade for stupid players that won't fit

flea
01-23-2014, 10:39 AM
Lol some of the people in here are so stupid. If melo was on Houston they'd win it all. You can't double him Dwight and harden. That's what melo needs teammates that actually get defensive attention. Melo won't be traded. He wants let him go to LA. He can sign with the clippers he can't sign with the bulls right now unless boozer is amnestied. Call his bluff. He leaves you have your 015 pick with everyone expiring that year. 3 max money a top prospect. He stays you get the man help. Don't trade for stupid players that won't fit

There's nothing in the world wrong with Houston's offense as composed. Defense is another story, and it's not like Carmelo will do anything about that.

IndyRealist
01-23-2014, 11:38 AM
Thats why Melo is 7th in PER this season with a 23.5 rating
You are no longer allowed to quote stats. PER, really?

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-23-2014, 11:40 AM
the melo trade talks will come.

xxplayerxx23
01-23-2014, 11:44 AM
You are no longer allowed to quote stats. PER, really?

Lol go look at his stats and come back to me. He is far from trash

blahblahyoutoo
01-23-2014, 11:47 AM
Am I the only one that thinks he might stay? I can't see him leaving 30M on the table. He's always been about the money and he'll make the most of it in NY with the contract and media.

i used to think this but he looks pretty miserable right now.

blahblahyoutoo
01-23-2014, 11:56 AM
Im not the biggest Melo fan and am really not to crazy about his style of play. But to say he is trash is absolutely moronic.

melo is not trash; he is a good scorer. unfortunately, he's fallen in love with taking jumpers and when he's off, the knicks can't win.
can't really blame him though. he doesn't have athleticism to play above the rim like some of the other guys so he prefers the outside game. he's worked on it and it shows. he's a solid threat from 3pt land

blahblahyoutoo
01-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Lol some of the people in here are so stupid. If melo was on Houston they'd win it all. You can't double him Dwight and harden. That's what melo needs teammates that actually get defensive attention.

I thought that too, that HOU would instantly become contenders but melo seems to destroy chemistry with his ball stopping tendencies.
if there's anything any GM has learned in the past decade, you can't just throw talent together and automatically expect success (Nets, LA, even 1st year LBJ in MIA).

Denver-boy
01-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Can't think of a much better way to turn a fringe contender into 6-8 seed purgatory. If mediocrity were the goal of basketball, you'd be a great GM.

let me break it down for you. YOU BASICALLY turning down this offer over IMAN SHUPERT...?!?!? lmfao. Melo is good as gone after this season, this move atleast give you Parsons, Lin, a Omer, and 1st round draft pick to build off instead of JUST IMAN SHUPERT?!?! lmfao youd be dumb to turn that offer down.

mediocrity is where you already are, and will be stuck again for next years to come if dont wake up

xxplayerxx23
01-23-2014, 12:53 PM
I thought that too, that HOU would instantly become contenders but melo seems to destroy chemistry with his ball stopping tendencies.
if there's anything any GM has learned in the past decade, you can't just throw talent together and automatically expect success (Nets, LA, even 1st year LBJ in MIA).

Thats a good trade. Melo isn't old he has plenty elite years left. Howard and harden with melo would contend for years to come

xxplayerxx23
01-23-2014, 12:56 PM
let me break it down for you. YOU BASICALLY turning down this offer over IMAN SHUPERT...?!?!? lmfao. Melo is good as gone after this season, this move atleast give you Parsons, Lin, a Omer, and 1st round draft pick to build off instead of JUST IMAN SHUPERT?!?! lmfao youd be dumb to turn that offer down.

mediocrity is where you already are, and will be stuck again for next years to come if dont wake up

I wouldn't do it. Why would I want to rebuild with Lin and asik? Id rather trade him for some picks. Like I said he leaves we have out pick next year and a clear roster after next year. You tank get a top pick and rebuild through FA he stays you go into 015 with room for another max and some more room.

THE MTL
01-23-2014, 01:12 PM
Because he isn't leaving. That's why.

Tony_Starks
01-23-2014, 01:24 PM
Dolan is going to milk Melo for all he's worth and dare him to leave that money on the table. The Knicks were the most profitable team again last year (my Lakers were 2nd btw).

This season is a wrap anyway. Woody will be the fall guy, probably showcase and ship out JR, and try to get some semblance of a pg...

jericho
01-23-2014, 01:32 PM

Mmmmmm You do know that he was talking about the rockets with Melo rite???

Besides if that were to happen i would preffer the team to suck and build thru the draft not be an ok team stuck in the middle.

xxplayerxx23
01-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Dolan is going to milk Melo for all he's worth and dare him to leave that money on the table. The Knicks were the most profitable team again last year (my Lakers were 2nd btw).

This season is a wrap anyway. Woody will be the fall guy, probably showcase and ship out JR, and try to get some semblance of a pg...

Woody is a god awful coach that lost the team. Knicks need a pg bad

D-Block21-Chito
01-23-2014, 01:55 PM
Melo is leaving just like Dwight left money on the table...

benny01
01-23-2014, 01:58 PM
I think teams view his contract in much the same way that the bulls viewed Deng's contract(Melo is obviously the better player). While Deng can score he is pretty much a defensive player or at least that is what he does at a star level. Melo is the most polished scorer in the NBA but is a terrible/lazy defender and off the ball.
Due to the new CBA, GM's need production to equal pay. Being a one way player is far less valuable than it used to be. A superstar contract needs superstar production. At 16 mill Melo is a perfect player, but at 22 mill he's a problem. You need the other 6 mill to make up for his major deficiancies, just like the Bulls couldn't pay Deng as a 2nd option because they need the scoring that he lacks. Offense just costs a little more than defense thats all.
If he was making 16mill he would be gone and you would get awesome assets in return.

TheMightyHumph
01-23-2014, 02:43 PM
says Asik's fan boy. lol

Parsons is more valuable than 'Melo.

TheNumber37
01-23-2014, 02:50 PM
Melo has always been in the wrong situation.

He doesn't need to be in a place where the team is built around his strengths. That would require the perfect players, coach, and season free of injuries.

He needs to play in place where his strength (scoring) puts another team over the top.

That could be the Bulls... If Rose is healthy and they keep Noah, Butler and Flip Boozer into something.

Even without Rose, the Bulls are playing better than the Knicks. Add Melo to the Mix and they are the 3rd best team. Add a healthy rose?

Tony_Starks
01-23-2014, 03:05 PM
Melo is leaving just like Dwight left money on the table...

Different situations. Melo actually likes being there and unlike Dwight can handle the bright lights and extra media scrutiny. And he seems to genuinely like his teammates.

If he leaves I think the biggest factor will be the way their losing. If they were at least trying it'd be different but they've basically turned into a laughing stock again.....

NYKnickFanatic
01-23-2014, 03:13 PM

Dude, they went to the Finals in their first year with Bron...

flea
01-23-2014, 03:17 PM

I meant it would send the Rockets to 6-8 seed purgatory. Who cares about the Knicks? They're going to bottom out for the next 5 years.

TheBatchelor213
01-23-2014, 03:40 PM
Ridh The more I think about it the stronger I feel that the Knicks should move him. The consensus around here is his value might be the lowest its been.

Why not make a deal with Brooklyn?

Knicks send Carmelo, JR Smith and Udridh for Deron Williams, Teletovic, Plumlee and Reggie Evans.

I think it makes complete sense for both sides. The Knicks rid themselves of Smith who they seemingly have been trying to move and get his contract off the books, they get rid of Beno who wants a trade and they get a few chips back in return. Teletovic is young and has showed he can ball andhis contract is on the cheap as is Plumlees, they can buyout Evans and they get Deron who they can let playout the season and either build around or choose to move next season. The real wild card is Derons health but its a risk you have to take when compared to just letting Melo walk.

For the Nets they have been playing their best ball with Williams out of the lineup or not starting so moving him isn't as big as a deal as it sounds and it gives them a huge chip in Melo in return if they really are "all in". You can let Livingston run the point or you can consider moving Johnson to the point. If it doesn't work out.....and Carmelo walks so be it....they are in all in mode, and if anything a run might convince Melo to resign.

Compared to what might be out there....this makes sense to me.

Any feedback?

bbNJn5
01-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Who says no first?

NY: Rubio, Bud, Brewer, Shved, Cunningam, Dieng
Minn: Melo*, Felton

*Melo pulls a move similar to Dwight and relinquishes his ability to opt out (unlikely I know, but humor me)

Minnesota pulls the plug on the Rubio experiment, gets Felton, frees up more minutes for JJ off the bench while putting Melo around shooters (K-mart & K-love) muscle (Pek) and facilitators (Felton). Not a perfect team but is it good enough to get Minnesota to the playoffs this year and next to pacify Love?

Knicks should be happy to get anything, but supposedly they loved Rubio in the draft and they get some decent young guys in Bud and Dieng.

BklynKnicks3
01-23-2014, 04:03 PM

This team has been downright embarrassed on it's home floor for 3 straight games and yet it's still packed.

If they do get the sense he's gonna leave you have to trade him and it's in his best interest to tell the Knicks that since that 30M follows him in a trade but not in a FA move in the summer. I think it's because he wants to stay honestly, which is why we aren't hearing rumblings.

Not only I she going to stay im almost sure o fjust like dwill and cp3 did. He is putting the knicks on notice to get him help like Kobe told him to. Also a chance he doesn't opt out just plays out next year 2015 picks his teammates by then they will know how much of a paycut to take to form a big 3. I he signs Kobe max now he will only be able to get 1 star

Jamiecballer
01-23-2014, 04:05 PM

this is a bit harsh but +1 to the general gist of it.

KnicksorBust
01-23-2014, 04:07 PM
Ignoring the whole $$ issue which I addressdd in a previous thread... I would much rather watch him walk and retool in 2015 than trade him now for guys on longer deals worth 50-75% his value.

Kashmir13579
01-23-2014, 04:35 PM
Parsons is more valuable than 'Melo.

I love Parson's game and despise 'Melo. That said, you are full of ****, as usual.

flea
01-23-2014, 04:36 PM
He's also right, judging by their contracts. Parsons is one of the most valuable players in the league (unfortunately for the Rockets, though, not for long).

Kashmir13579
01-23-2014, 04:36 PM
Who says no first?

*Melo pulls a move similar to Dwight and relinquishes his ability to opt out (unlikely I know, but humor me)

Minnesota pulls the plug on the Rubio experiment, gets Felton, frees up more minutes for JJ off the bench while putting Melo around shooters (K-mart & K-love) muscle (Pek) and facilitators (Felton). Not a perfect team but is it good enough to get Minnesota to the playoffs this year and next to pacify Love?

Knicks should be happy to get anything, but supposedly they loved Rubio in the draft and they get some decent young guys in Bud and Dieng.
The only way any deal makes sense for the Knicks is if its loaded with picks.

Kashmir13579
01-23-2014, 04:39 PM
He's also right, judging by their contracts. Parsons is one of the most valuable players in the league (unfortunately for the Rockets, though, not for long).

Not even getting into which one is intrinsically a cancer, and which one plays solid all-around team basketball, there is no way Parson's commands more value in a trade than Carmelo. Regardless of contract.

flea
01-23-2014, 05:02 PM
Not even getting into which one is intrinsically a cancer, and which one plays solid all-around team basketball, there is no way Parson's commands more value in a trade than Carmelo. Regardless of contract.

If they were on the same contract I'd agree. But this season? I'll bet teams would give up 2 or 3 first rounders to get Parsons if they think he's the final piece. Nobody would do the same with Carmelo because he's not the final piece - you basically have to reconstruct your team around the guy for him to be effective.

JordansBulls
01-23-2014, 05:04 PM

What the F are you talking about? The Knicks aren't bad because of Melo. He is good, he can't turn trash to gold like Durant, Rose (2011), Lebron, Dwight (in Orlando), or CP3 in NOLA.

NYJ - NYY
01-23-2014, 05:06 PM

Haha you can't really be serious? Trash really?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-23-2014, 05:21 PM
What the F are you talking about? The Knicks aren't bad because of Melo. He is good, he can't turn trash to gold like Durant, Rose (2011), Lebron, Dwight (in Orlando), or CP3 in NOLA.

:laugh:

BklynKnicks3
01-23-2014, 05:39 PM
I wonder if u guys actually watch basketball parsons vs melo lmao

Goose17
01-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Trade him to Phoenix for a haul, like Denver did with N.Y

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oo3y996

+ Phoenix send two of their 2014 picks and a protected future first.

YAY!!!!

SMH... face it, nobody wants him. GMs are smarter than that, especially Phoenix :p

Asik's better
01-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Melo is better than parsons. However parsons importance to the rockets is to high that the rockets can't trade him for a guy who may walk seasons end.

IKnowHoops
01-23-2014, 06:19 PM
probably that most gm's realize he's trash and want nothing to do with him. It's hard to deal a guy when the phone gets hung up when his name is mentioned.

lol

IKnowHoops
01-23-2014, 06:25 PM
Who says no first?

If I am MN, I do that deal in a heartbeat. Compared to what the Twolves have, that would be a tremendous upgrade for them.

blahblahyoutoo
01-23-2014, 06:44 PM
I think teams view his contract in much the same way that the bulls viewed Deng's contract(Melo is obviously the better player). While Deng can score he is pretty much a defensive player or at least that is what he does at a star level. Melo is the most polished scorer in the NBA but is a terrible/lazy defender and off the ball.
Due to the new CBA, GM's need production to equal pay. Being a one way player is far less valuable than it used to be. A superstar contract needs superstar production. At 16 mill Melo is a perfect player, but at 22 mill he's a problem. You need the other 6 mill to make up for his major deficiancies, just like the Bulls couldn't pay Deng as a 2nd option because they need the scoring that he lacks. Offense just costs a little more than defense thats all.
If he was making 16mill he would be gone and you would get awesome assets in return.

srsly? not durant?

xxplayerxx23
01-23-2014, 07:07 PM
srsly? not durant?

Melo is prob number two behind durant in terms of pure scoring

Kashmir13579
01-23-2014, 08:01 PM
If they were on the same contract I'd agree. But this season? I'll bet teams would give up 2 or 3 first rounders to get Parsons if they think he's the final piece. Nobody would do the same with Carmelo because he's not the final piece - you basically have to reconstruct your team around the guy for him to be effective.

If they get 3 first rounders, it has more to do with the man holding the cards than it does Parsons. On the flip side of that, in the decade i've been watching the Knicks, i've never seen them get proper value back in any trade.

Kashmir13579
01-23-2014, 08:14 PM

lmfao

Why do people say this? One of the biggest unfounded lies in sports. I mean, you watch the Knicks, no? The guy can gets rattled if his signature contested mid-range pull-up isn't dropping, and gets taken completely out games. Sometimes it happens for weeks at a time. He relies on his streaky jumpshot too much and is imo a poor finisher at the rim, so how could it be true? Dirk, Curry, Lebron, are all better, more consistent scorers, just to name a few, and they don't have the black hole stigma.

Rain City
01-23-2014, 08:25 PM
what about to Portland for batum and Thomas robinson? maybe throw in a pick?

kinda like the HOU scenario I guess. sure melo is a lot better than parsons and batum, but those guys play vital roles for their teams with their defense and versatility, and neither team have a problem scoring, which is what melo brings.

on the flip side, for a team that sees itself in the playoffs anyways, having a player who can take over games in half court has to be enticing. with melo, HOU or Portland is a matchup nightmare for anyone.

xxplayerxx23
01-23-2014, 09:37 PM

kinda like the HOU scenario I guess. sure melo is a lot better than parsons and batum, but those guys play vital roles for their teams with their defense and versatility, and neither team have a problem scoring, which is what melo brings.

on the flip side, for a team that sees itself in the playoffs anyways, having a player who can take over games in half court has to be enticing. with melo, HOU or Portland is a matchup nightmare for anyone.

Knicks wouldn't do that

Jamiecballer
01-23-2014, 09:49 PM

portland wouldn't do that.

benny01
01-23-2014, 11:04 PM
would agree we'd be splitting hairs, Melo can get his from any where against most anybody. I would say he's more polished not necessarily better. The argument still holds true though.

Duncan = Donkey
01-23-2014, 11:05 PM

What is pure scoring?

Jamiecballer
01-23-2014, 11:28 PM
What is pure scoring?
it's when you don't even look around for your teammates.

c.c.
01-23-2014, 11:36 PM
Melo for MGK, Cody Zeller, and Ben Gordon. Salaries match, the Bobcats could be giving up two young guys with potential for a rental but could also be getting an star player to put with Al Jefferson and Kemba Walker. Who knows, the Cats could make a good playoff run and get Melo to stay. Jordan probably can do so persuading, Melo is signed to the Team Jordan brand.

benny01
01-23-2014, 11:37 PM

thats fantastic

Duncan = Donkey
01-23-2014, 11:39 PM

I see:laugh2:

c.c.
01-23-2014, 11:41 PM
I think the Knicks was better before the Melo trade. I also think Melo was a better fit in Denver. He reached the WCF in Denver and the playoffs often. I'm i the only one who think this or feel this way?

Jamiecballer
01-23-2014, 11:42 PM
thats fantastic

when was the last time you heard someone use the term pure scorer where it wasn't a back-handed compliment.

for example. when have you ever heard it applied to someone with a well rounded game. or who wasn't considered selfish.

benny01
01-23-2014, 11:44 PM
lmfao

Why do people say this? One of the biggest unfounded lies in sports. I mean, you watch the Knicks, no? The guy can gets rattled if his signature contested mid-range pull-up isn't dropping, and gets taken completely out games. Sometimes it happens for weeks at a time. He relies on his streaky jumpshot too much and is imo a poor finisher at the rim, so how could it be true? Dirk, Curry, Lebron, are all better, more consistent scorers, just to name a few, and they don't have the black hole stigma.
Yes I do watch and I see exactly what your saying, I'm just saying he has the ability to score from anywhere, anytime. A lot of players don't have as many options available to them and do a better job, but Melo has all the talent. He lacks heart or energy or something I'm not a doctor.

LOOTERX9
01-24-2014, 04:10 AM
Melo's skill set is hard to fit on any team. Adding him can be great or can be a disaster. Last yr on knicks he fit in great but this yr its been a disaster. He is a slow ball dominant scorer than can kill team chemistry if not in a perfect setting. So his trade value is not high cause teams are afraid of adding him to a good team