PDA

View Full Version : Do the Pacers have the least amount of major injuries among all contenders in the NBA

sunsfan88
01-21-2014, 04:24 AM
SAS lost Splitter and Parker for significant time.

OKC lost Westbrook for significant time.

GSW lost Igoudala for significant time.

Houston lost Patrick Beverely among others for significant time.

Miami has Wade dealing with injuries and rest and he has missed a lot of games this season because of that.

BKY lost Lopez and Deron Williams for significant time. I know they aren't contenders now but they were seen as a borderline contender prior to the season.

NYK lost Chandler for significant time...same as BKY in terms of being contenders.

Memphis lost Marc Gasol for significant time.

LAC lost CP3 for significant time.

Chicago lost Rose for significant time.

*I'm not including Portland only cause they weren't a team that was seen as contenders before the season began.

The only player that's part of the rotation for Indiana and has missed time has been Danny Granger. But he really hasn't been that major for the Pacers for more than a year now. He doesn't even start on the Pacers and while he plays 22 mins a game, he averages 9 pts on awful shooting for the season.

Crazy how while it seems like almost every team in the league is dealing with major injuries, the league best Pacers haven't gotten the injury bug.

kobe4thewinbang
01-21-2014, 04:44 AM
Don't jinx it! They need every player if they are going to beat Miami. Injuries are lame, regardless. Hopefully Granger can help, or gets healthy enough to be traded.

jerellh528
01-21-2014, 05:15 AM
Granger was a huge piece before he got injured, he's a legitimate all star caliber player when healthy. Who knows how good they could be or what they would have done last year with him completely healthy. Even if he came off the bench, which is a small weak point for Indy would've done wonders.

Shlumpledink
01-21-2014, 06:43 AM
Pacers deserve it after having Granger be injury prone for several years. Just because they have been good without him, doesn't mean they're better without him.

nickdymez
01-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Don't jinx it! They need every player if they are going to beat Miami. Injuries are lame, regardless. Hopefully Granger can help, or gets healthy enough to be traded.

No they dont. They need the NBA to keep things fair. The Pacers should have won last year. Dumb coaching and terrible officiating cost them. But George wasnt ready last year. I see them beating The Heat this year. They are just to deep. Pacers should win it all this year.

Delrayhc
01-21-2014, 02:52 PM

No they dont. They need the NBA to keep things fair. The Pacers should have won last year. Dumb coaching and terrible officiating cost them. But George wasnt ready last year. I see them beating The Heat this year. They are just to deep. Pacers should win it all this year.

Yes they do need every player just like Miami needs every player to beat Indy. Also your correct that Indy could beat Miami and I wouldn't be surprised. As far as officiating being blamed that's whining, that's The Young and The Restless shiz .... go grab a Kleenex.

PacersForLife
01-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Granger was clearly the best player when he went down. I know that his injury actually helped us get to where we are, but it was still a pretty major injury.

blahblahyoutoo
01-21-2014, 03:26 PM
lol @ mentioning beverly as a significant piece but not granger.

Pacerlive
01-21-2014, 03:26 PM
George Hill missed 3 games but yeah they have been pretty injury free for most of the year. So what?

nickdymez
01-21-2014, 03:51 PM
Yes they do need every player just like Miami needs every player to beat Indy. Also your correct that Indy could beat Miami and I wouldn't be surprised. As far as officiating being blamed that's whining, that's The Young and The Restless shiz .... go grab a Kleenex.

I used to say the same thing when my Lakers were beating teams and benefiting from questionable calls. Once the Heat go back to being nothing, you will be saying the same thing I am while watching games with no bias.

archdevil84
01-21-2014, 03:53 PM
i hope miami can beat indiana this year but my hope fades with each game the heat give up more then 110 points once again

Slug3
01-21-2014, 04:28 PM
I used to say the same thing when my Lakers were beating teams and benefiting from questionable calls. Once the Heat go back to being nothing, you will be saying the same thing I am while watching games with no bias.

You mean how Hibberr bangs people with his body but get away with it cause his hands are up? You are a pure example of being a hater. You will dig as deep as you can to hate on something. Miami wasn't even getting the benefit ofbtje calls last year.

Delrayhc
01-21-2014, 04:45 PM

I used to say the same thing when my Lakers were beating teams and benefiting from questionable calls. Once the Heat go back to being nothing, you will be saying the same thing I am while watching games with no bias.to

Really because I've been watching the nba 20 plus years and I have never blamed losses or wins by any team on any officiating bias. Sure great players get the benefit of the doubt more so than the other players but I don't believe in officials favoring one team over another not even the Lakers when they're on top.

OldStyleCubbies
01-21-2014, 06:35 PM
Lets hope it stays that way.

sunsfan88
01-21-2014, 06:46 PM
lol @ mentioning beverly as a significant piece but not granger.

Beverley is the Rockets 4th best and 4th most important player.

Granger isn't even top 5-6 for Indiana. Not a knock on Granger, the Pacers are just that stacked.

archdevil84
01-21-2014, 07:08 PM
dwyane wade sits out another game. he hasnt played in the last 4 games or so

Tony_Starks
01-21-2014, 07:22 PM
I'm sorry but in what bizarro world alternate universe were Houston, Brooklyn, New York, and Memphis ever considered contenders?

It's Indy, MIA, Spurs, Portland, OKC, Clippers> the field.

Hawkeye15
01-21-2014, 07:41 PM
Granger was a huge piece before he got injured, he's a legitimate all star caliber player when healthy. Who knows how good they could be or what they would have done last year with him completely healthy. Even if he came off the bench, which is a small weak point for Indy would've done wonders.

he WAS an all star caliber player, arguably. He hasn't been a factor in years.

It's no secret that health plays a huge part in getting deep in the playoffs. If Indy can sustain relative health, they will be tough to take down. Wade seems to break down by the playoffs, and Indy might have their window right now.

Hawkeye15
01-21-2014, 07:42 PM
I'm sorry but in what bizarro world alternate universe were Houston, Brooklyn, New York, and Memphis ever considered contenders?

pretty much, though I can't see Portland hanging with the big boys come playoff time.

kobe4thewinbang
01-22-2014, 05:29 AM
Yes they do need every player just like Miami needs every player to beat Indy. Also your correct that Indy could beat Miami and I wouldn't be surprised. As far as officiating being blamed that's whining, that's The Young and The Restless shiz .... go grab a Kleenex.Yeah, and besides, Vogel is *still* their coach and may very well screw up again. The great Popovich even did... :mad:

TrueFan420
01-22-2014, 05:59 AM
SAS lost Splitter and Parker for significant time.

OKC lost Westbrook for significant time.

GSW lost Igoudala for significant time.

Houston lost Patrick Beverely for significant time.

Miami has Wade dealing with injuries and rest and he has missed a lot of games this season because of that.

BKY lost Lopez and Deron Williams for significant time. I know they aren't contenders now but they were seen as a borderline contender prior to the season.

NYK lost Chandler for significant time...same as BKY in terms of being contenders.

Memphis lost Marc Gasol for significant time.

LAC lost CP3 for significant time.

*I'm not including Portland only cause they weren't a team that was seen as contenders before the season began.

The only player that's part of the rotation for Indiana and has missed time has been Danny Granger. But he really hasn't been that major for the Pacers for more than a year now. He doesn't even start on the Pacers and while he plays 22 mins a game, he averages 9 pts on awful shooting for the season.

Crazy how while it seems like almost every team in the league is dealing with major injuries, the league best Pacers haven't gotten the injury bug.
Hahahah what? When did he become a significant piece. Now if one of harden, parsons or Dwight missed significant time than ok but Patrick 'freaking' Beverely.

TrueFan420
01-22-2014, 06:01 AM
pretty much, though I can't see Portland hanging with the big boys come playoff time.

Idk how the warriors are not on that list too.

Asik's better
01-22-2014, 08:19 AM
Hahahah what? When did he become a significant piece. Now if one of harden, parsons or Dwight missed significant time than ok but Patrick 'freaking' Beverely.
The rockets have lost harden and parsons for a good amount of time. Bevs is important because he perimeter defense which the rockets need. Add that to Lin missing a lot of games and asik being injured most of the season and that's a lot of important pieces missing games this season.

Asik's better
01-22-2014, 08:21 AM

I wouldn't even have clippers or Portland in that list. It's down to 4 teams baring any trades

Tony_Starks
01-22-2014, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't even have clippers or Portland in that list. It's down to 4 teams baring any trades

Ehh... as long as Doc is coaching I've got to put them in the mix.

ManRam
01-22-2014, 12:09 PM

That was the one series in the last 3 years where just about everyone was actually sympathizing with the Heat in terms of officiating. Let's not be too careless when using your blanket excuses.

To answer this question: yes. If all teams are healthy, I'm not so unconvinced, however, that they still don't have the best record in the NBA.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
01-22-2014, 03:06 PM
Sooooo, if the Knicks and Nets are on this list, based on projections coming into the season(the reason for Portland not being included), how are the Bulls with the Rose injury, not included? Maybe it's just me, but I had them as a lock to be a top 3 team in the east with Rose coming into the season.

IndyRealist
01-22-2014, 04:08 PM
Winning a championship requires a certain amount of luck, and Indy has had that so far. *knock on wood*

sunsfan88
01-23-2014, 06:14 AM

Beverely is as significant to Houston as Igoudala or Thompson is to GSW. If you don't think Igoudala or Thompson are significant pieces of the Warriors, then you have a case.

sunsfan88
01-23-2014, 06:15 AM
Sooooo, if the Knicks and Nets are on this list, based on projections coming into the season(the reason for Portland not being included), how are the Bulls with the Rose injury, not included? Maybe it's just me, but I had them as a lock to be a top 3 team in the east with Rose coming into the season.
No you are right, I just forgot about them. They are now added to the OP.

TrueFan420
01-23-2014, 03:33 PM
Beverely is as significant to Houston as Igoudala or Thompson is to GSW. If you don't think Igoudala or Thompson are significant pieces of the Warriors, then you have a case.

Hahahah beverely isn't anywhere close to iggy's value to the warriors or thompsons.

sunsfan88
01-26-2014, 09:57 PM
Hahahah beverely isn't anywhere close to iggy's value to the warriors or thompsons.

He is, ask any Rockets fan. I have watched a fair number of Rockets games and that's where I got that from.

Asik's better
01-26-2014, 10:39 PM

Again bevs defence is important to the rockets. Outside of parsons, bevs is the only one who provides perimeter defence.