PDA

View Full Version : Ranking your teams players

DreamShaker
01-20-2014, 04:53 PM
By one of the following:

Past their primes- A player who is not as good as it once was.

In their primes- Still in, or close to, their prime.

Upside- Still young and likely growing.

Eternal bench-warmer- A player who has never really been any good.

You can do all 12-15 players on the team or just a few. Judge each player as an individual.

Goose17
01-20-2014, 05:12 PM
I added another, "Most Consistent"

In their primes - I'm going to put one name here, David Lee. You could argue his last season with the Knicks was his "peak" but I feel he's just as good on offense and in comparison is slightly better defensively (I'm not saying he's a good defender, not by any stretch, just slightly better than he was in previous years). In terms of overall/being well rounded, he's definitely in his prime.

Upside - 1. Stephen Curry, 2. It's a tie, Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes, 3. Draymond Green, 4. Festus Ezeli, 5. Marshon Brooks, 6. Jordan Crawford, 7. Kent Bazemore, 8. Nemanja Nedovic, Ognjen Kuzmic.

Eternal bench-warmer - 1. Ognjen Kuzmic 2. Kent Bazemore

Most Consistent - 1. David Lee, you know what you're getting from him every single night, 2. Stephen Curry, 3. Andrew Bogut, 4. Andre Iguodala.

bholly
01-20-2014, 05:30 PM
Past their prime - JRich

In their prime - Thad, Hawes (although both are young and should still develop some)

Upside - MCW, ET, Moultrie, Wroten

Eternal Benchwarmer - Allen, Anderson, Brown, Dedmon, Thompson, Williams (all are young and should grow somewhat, but probably not into much. Moultrie and Wroten could end up here too).

Matter.
01-20-2014, 05:37 PM
Past their prime - Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, Kobe?

Prime- N/a

Upside - X, Marshall, Kelly

Eternal Benchwarmer - Sacre..
6th man - Nick young

VinceCarter
01-21-2014, 04:07 PM
Past Prime - Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Andrei Kirilenko, Alan Anderson, Reggie Evans, Jason Terry.

In Prime - Deron Williams, Shaun Livingston, Andray Blatche, Mirza Telectovic

Upside - Brook Lopez (still think he has room to grow before he hits his prime), Mason Plumlee, Marquis Teague (he's only 20 and his brother was a late bloomer...).

mightybosstone
01-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Past their primes: Francisco Garcia, Ronnie Brewer, Aaron Brooks

In their primes: Dwight Howard, James Harden, Chandler Parsons, Patrick Beverley, Omri Casspi, Omer Asik

Upside: Terrence Jones, Jeremy Lin, Greg Smith, Donatas Motiejunas, Isaiah Canaan

Dwight was the hardest decision of this group. I definitely think he's past his peak, but I still think he's in his prime. Brooks was tough, but he's not the player he was before he went to China. Beverley and Lin could have gone either way, but I think this is probably about as good as Beverley's going to get, while Lin has shown glimpses of brilliance that he may not have yet reached.

PacersForLife
01-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Past their primes: David West, Luis Scola, Rasual Butler, Danny Granger (due to injury)
In their prime: Roy Hibbert, George Hill, Ian Mahinmi, CJ Watson
Upside: Paul George, Lance Stephenson

Not sure how much better Lance and Paul can get, but they're both only 23.

OlivaThor
01-21-2014, 05:45 PM
Ranking my teams players? Crap and Drummond

Minimal
01-21-2014, 06:45 PM
Past their primes- Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Rashard Lewis, Udonis Haslem

In their primes- LeBron, Bosh

Upside- Michael Beasley, Norris Cole, Mario Chalmers

Eternal bench-warmer- James Jones

DreamShaker
01-21-2014, 11:28 PM
Past their primes- Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Rashard Lewis, Udonis Haslem

In their primes- LeBron, Bosh

Upside- Michael Beasley, Norris Cole, Mario Chalmers

Eternal bench-warmer- James Jones

Where would you say Wade falls?

DreamShaker
01-21-2014, 11:33 PM
Ranking my teams players? Crap and Drummond

Lol!!!

Past their primes: Francisco Garcia, Ronnie Brewer, Aaron Brooks

In their primes: Dwight Howard, James Harden, Chandler Parsons, Patrick Beverley, Omri Casspi, Omer Asik

Upside: Terrence Jones, Jeremy Lin, Greg Smith, Donatas Motiejunas, Isaiah Canaan

Dwight was the hardest decision of this group. I definitely think he's past his peak, but I still think he's in his prime. Brooks was tough, but he's not the player he was before he went to China. Beverley and Lin could have gone either way, but I think this is probably about as good as Beverley's going to get, while Lin Ihas shown glimpses of brilliance that he may not have yet reached.

I totally agree. Although I think Greg Smith is just flat out mediocre.

Htownballa1622
01-21-2014, 11:35 PM
He didn't want to say it but I'll say it.

Wade is past his prime with the ability to turn back the clock on some nights.

DreamShaker
01-21-2014, 11:50 PM
He didn't want to say it but I'll say it.

Wade is past his prime with the ability to turn back the clock on some nights.

Wade is just so beat up. I'm interested to see what happens with the Heat the next few years. I think Lebron stays, but no way they can keep playing the guessing game with Wade.

Duncan = Donkey
01-22-2014, 12:11 AM
Past their primes- Okafor?, Barbosa

In their primes- Dragic, Frye, Morris Twins, Green, Tucker

Upside- Bledsoe, Plumlee, Len, Goodwin

Eternal bench-warmer- Ish Smith, Kravtsov, Christmas

DallasTrilla23
01-22-2014, 12:12 AM
Past their primes: Marion, Dirk, Calderon, Vince Carter, Devin Harris, Dalambert
In their primes: Ellis, Blair, Brendan Wright
Upside: Crowder, Larkin, Mekel
Eternal Benchwarmers: Bernard James, Wayne Ellington, Ledo

aLau10
01-22-2014, 01:04 AM
Past their primes - John Salmons

In their primes - Kyle Lowry, Amir Johnson

Upside - DeMar DeRozan, Landry Fields, Tyler Hansbrough, Patrick Patterson, Terrence Ross, Jonas Valanciunas, Greivas Vasquez

Eternal bench-warmer - Steve Novak, Austin Daye, Churck Hayes

PacersForLife
01-22-2014, 03:01 AM

Upside - DeMar DeRozan, Landry Fields, Tyler Hansbrough, Patrick Patterson, Terrence Ross, Jonas Valanciunas, Greivas Vasquez

Tyler Hansbrough has upside? :p

Hawkeye15
01-22-2014, 03:11 AM
Love is awesome, Pek is a very good starting center, Martin can shoot but couldnt guard himself, and everyone else sucks.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2014, 03:11 AM
Tyler Hansbrough has upside? :p

if upside is associated with the potential for a man's eyeballs to explode out of his face, yes.

Sactown
01-22-2014, 05:08 AM
Love is awesome, Pek is a very good starting center, Martin can shoot but couldnt guard himself, and everyone else sucks.

Don't know how Martin not being able to guard himself is an insult... Not many players can guard him.. should of said he couldn't guard Rubio.. that would be an insult, even I can lock that dude down

Htownballa1622
01-22-2014, 09:19 AM
Wade is just so beat up. I'm interested to see what happens with the Heat the next few years. I think Lebron stays, but no way they can keep playing the guessing game with Wade.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. He's not in his prime but when healthy, dude is top flight player. He just has to rest so much to be fresh for the playoffs that it's unfair to say he's in his prime imo.

Yankeefan213
01-22-2014, 10:01 AM
Past Prime- Amar'e, K-Mart, Metta

In Prime- Melo, Chandler

Upside- Hardaway Jr, Shumpert, Murry, Tyler

Eternal Bench Warmer-Bargnani(Should be)

NoahH
01-22-2014, 03:41 PM
Past their primes- Bogut, Jermaine O'Neal, Andre Iguodala

In their primes- Curry, David Lee, Jordan Crawford

Upside- Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, Draymond Green, MarShon Brooks

Eternal bench-warmer- Marresse Speights, Kent Bazemore

DreamShaker
01-22-2014, 05:17 PM

Imagine if Jermaine was in his prime on this team...scary!

I Rock Shaqs
01-22-2014, 05:42 PM

Wrong.

bholly
01-22-2014, 05:51 PM

Wow, really? I'd have said he's right in his prime. I'm not so sure about last year, but I'd have said this year and his last year in Philly have probably seen the best ball of his career.

mrblisterdundee
01-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Past their primes- Mo Williams

In their primes- LaMarcus Aldridge, Wesley Matthews

Upside- Damian Lillard, Nicolas Batum, Robin Lopez, Thomas Robinson, C.J. McCollum

Eternal bench-warmer- Meyers Leonard, Joel Freeland, Will Barton, Dorrell Wright, etc.

Stunner
01-22-2014, 06:09 PM
Past their Prime : Kirk , Boozer , Naz

Prime : Noah

Upside : Rose , Butler , Mirtoic , Snell

Enteral Bench Warmer : Eric Murphy , Toko ( though I think he can be a nice role player like Noch )

Minimal
01-22-2014, 06:15 PM
Where would you say Wade falls?
I don't even know. Kind of had to stick him to past their primes, but just can't yet. The guy plays great when healthy, but he is plagued by injuries, he had been playing pretty well this season, even if he missed a lot of games, and Heat are kind of struggling without him. He had some great stretch of games last season during "the winning streak", he is still a superstar to me and I believe he is still capable to lead a team alone, the way he did before LeBron and Bosh.

Sactown
01-22-2014, 06:25 PM
Past their prime: Marcus Thornton, Travis Outlaw

Prime: Rudy Gay, Aaron Gray, Jason Thompson, Carl Landry,

Upside: DMC, BMac, IT, DWill, Jimmer, Ray Mac, Quincy Acey,

Bench player: Travis Outlaw, Aaron Gray,

WaDe03
01-22-2014, 08:18 PM
I don't even know. Kind of had to stick him to past their primes, but just can't yet. The guy plays great when healthy, but he is plagued by injuries, he had been playing pretty well this season, even if he missed a lot of games, and Heat are kind of struggling without him. He had some great stretch of games last season during "the winning streak", he is still a superstar to me and I believe he is still capable to lead a team alone, the way he did before LeBron and Bosh.

I agree, these injuries are frustrating! I believe he's getting better every day though.