PDA

View Full Version : Game 43: Golden State Warriors (26-16) Vs. Indiana Pacers (32-7)

MackShock
01-19-2014, 06:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/philladelfigga/NBA/Warriors.gif Vs. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/philladelfigga/NBA/Pacers.gif

Monday, January 20th, 2013
7:30PM Pacific Time

Oracle Arena
The BAY, Californ-I-A
415 510 408 650 925 707

http://sfjcf.smugmug.com/Staff/Warriors/W30/278049831_WFSoR-S-1.jpg

PROJECTED LINEUPS

The Dubs

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3975.png&w=150&h=120http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/6475.png&w=150&h=120http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/2386.png&w=150&h=120http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/2772.png&w=150&h=120http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/2747.png&w=150&h=120

Indiana Pacers

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3438.png&w=150&h=120http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/4251.png&w=150&h=120http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/2760.png&w=150&h=120http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/2177.png&w=150&h=120http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3436.png&w=150&h=120

THE RUNDOWN

MUST. WIN. GAME.
Warriors Home Record: 12-5
Pacers Road Record: 11-6

Thread goal: 300 posts

MackShock
01-19-2014, 06:41 PM
dont know why the pacers pics arent showing..oh well.

SugeKnight
01-20-2014, 01:44 AM
Must win game

bigmac8675
01-20-2014, 02:36 AM
We got this?

COOLbeans
01-20-2014, 12:20 PM
Victory for dubs

Leandres_sf
01-20-2014, 12:46 PM
#DubsUp
#JustKeepWinning
#FullSquad
#Mack-ulyCulkin
#****RichardSherman

MackShock
01-20-2014, 12:52 PM
#LeanOnMe

Chromehounds
01-20-2014, 01:44 PM
Tough game tonight, preparing for the worst but the W's in me is expecting a Win.

lol, please
01-20-2014, 02:24 PM
Must win game. Please replace my 9ers nightmares with pleasant memories. :love:

Go Dubs!

#FULLSQUAD

GSP
01-20-2014, 03:00 PM
I wud say it is not really a must win game ... we've got to curtail the minutes of Curry so that he is fresh come playoffs .... we must also get rid of cheerleaders on the bench. We may also want that Barnes gets the much needed confidence .... maybe put him in the starting lineup or bring him off the bench sooner .... the real team shows up once Ezeli comes back .... O'neal can hold the fort till then while we get a real backup center for Bogut when he is sitting on the bench!!

Goose17
01-20-2014, 03:38 PM
I want this win.

PLEASE make it happen Dubs!

Chromehounds
01-20-2014, 03:40 PM
I wud say it is not really a must win game ... we've got to curtail the minutes of Curry so that he is fresh come playoffs .... we must also get rid of cheerleaders on the bench. We may also want that Barnes gets the much needed confidence .... maybe put him in the starting lineup or bring him off the bench sooner .... the real team shows up once Ezeli comes back .... O'neal can hold the fort till then while we get a real backup center for Bogut when he is sitting on the bench!!

True Barnes has been under-performed, apparently there is a difference between starter minutes vs. bench minutes. Whatever the problem is hopefully they'll figure it out soon. To your point rather than bringing Barnes in as a starter, I would prefer to have Green coming in early for tonight game. With Green playing styles maybe he'll get that thug D. West ejected early. One less big body for D. Lee to deal with. And I agree the W's are in dire need of big ugly guys.

eDush
01-20-2014, 06:41 PM
True Barnes has been under-performed, apparently there is a difference between starter minutes vs. bench minutes. Whatever the problem is hopefully they'll figure it out soon. To your point rather than bringing Barnes in as a starter, I would prefer to have Green coming in early for tonight game. With Green playing styles maybe he'll get that thug D. West ejected early. One less big body for D. Lee to deal with. And I agree the W's are in dire need of big ugly guys.

Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out why, the reason is there is no one running the 2nd unit offense which I been saying since day one. He like most players who can't create needs a field general to run the unit. Just observe Barnes in the 2nd unit objectively and you will see.

Against the Pacers, we will need help from the 2nd unit to not only maintain the score but to turn the momentum around we are down from facing their starting unit. That spells big trouble with the current makeup on this team. Time for Crawford to do what he does best - score.

COOLbeans
01-20-2014, 07:02 PM
So you're assuming the Warriors starters are going to get beat in the beginning of the game?

Goose17
01-20-2014, 07:19 PM
Personally the only thing I will be assuming is we turn the ball over a thousand times and Stylez makes at least one post taking a dig at Fitz.

Chromehounds
01-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out why, the reason is there is no one running the 2nd unit offense which I been saying since day one. He like most players who can't create needs a field general to run the unit. Just observe Barnes in the 2nd unit objectively and you will see.

Against the Pacers, we will need help from the 2nd unit to not only maintain the score but to turn the momentum around we are down from facing their starting unit. That spells big trouble with the current makeup on this team. Time for Crawford to do what he does best - score.

I'll have to disagree with you on "he needs someone to create", base from last year and especially the playoffs. He was being active last year without the ball, that's why he got a few passes near the basket for dunks. That doesn't mean he needs someone to create for him. And he also showed that he can go ISO with the best out there. He can create his own shots shouldn't be a question there, sure, it helps if you have a good PG on the floor.

For some reason this year he seems to regress, trying to do too many things at once I guess. He needs to go back to the fundamentals/basics, how about just make one move to the basket shoot/pass his choice. Some said he tends to bail out his defenders by taking the fades, yeah, but if he makes those fades the next time an up fake will turn into a dunk!

I agree it would help greatly if the W's have a seasoned PG coming off the bench. But I think the lack of scoring/scorers off the bench is the issue. Barnes was put in a tough position, with him coming off the bench he was the only scoring option. The opposing teams would just double down on him. Now with Crawford in place hopefully things will be better and Barnes will improve his on court plays.

GSP
01-20-2014, 08:52 PM
He is low on confidence ... simple the ball is not going thru the hoop he is a young kid and when he gets the ball he is thinking too much .... so to get him going put him with the starting 5 ... make a couple of plays with bogut in the middle it will give him confidence that even if he misses we have a shot at getting the rebound. Give it a shot got to help a young player ....[
I'll have to disagree with you on "he needs someone to create", base from last year and especially the playoffs. He was being active last year without the ball, that's why he got a few passes near the basket for dunks. That doesn't mean he needs someone to create for him. And he also showed that he can go ISO with the best out there. He can create his own shots shouldn't be a question there, sure, it helps if you have a good PG on the floor.

For some reason this year he seems to regress, trying to do too many things at once I guess. He needs to go back to the fundamentals/basics, how about just make one move to the basket shoot/pass his choice. Some said he tends to bail out his defenders by taking the fades, yeah, but if he makes those fades the next time an up fake will turn into a dunk!

I agree it would help greatly if the W's have a seasoned PG coming off the bench. But I think the lack of scoring/scorers off the bench is the issue. Barnes was put in a tough position, with him coming off the bench he was the only scoring option. The opposing teams would just double down on him. Now with Crawford in place hopefully things will be better and Barnes will improve his on court plays.

eDush
01-21-2014, 12:04 AM
As expected we are down right now against their elite starting unit so like I said before, it is up to our 2nd unit to swing the momentum back to our advantage by not only stop giving up more ground but to chip away at their lead while our starting unit is recovering from that early beat down.

Looks like we are playing a road game but it's home, so lets play like it Warriors!!!

lol, please
01-21-2014, 12:14 AM
Speights!!!

eDush
01-21-2014, 12:18 AM
So much for the 2nd unit trying to chip away at the lead. As a reserve strategy, we should start the 2nd unit against their starting unit so that our starting unit can take advantage of their 2nd unit in taking back the lead from that aspect. I wonder has Jackson had consider that option yet :eyebrow:

COOLbeans
01-21-2014, 12:22 AM
Bad bad bad

eDush
01-21-2014, 12:27 AM
Iggy can't contain that boy George, no one can. The Thompson twins needs to start raining some threes to get us back into this game like NOW! :mad:

Leandres_sf
01-21-2014, 12:41 AM
The Warriors are going to need to be a hell of a lot better in every aspect of the game to even stand a chance in this one.

COOLbeans
01-21-2014, 12:44 AM
Embaressing and I'm getting pissed with this team :facepalm:

COOLbeans
01-21-2014, 12:45 AM
When's the last time we've played a good team well for consecutive games?

lol, please
01-21-2014, 01:00 AM
Comon warriors let's make some stops

COOLbeans
01-21-2014, 01:03 AM

COOLbeans
01-21-2014, 01:04 AM
Our offense isn't elite. And our defense is sketchy

COOLbeans
01-21-2014, 01:05 AM
Stylez is right :facepalm:

lol, please
01-21-2014, 01:07 AM
Dubs on a run!!!

lol, please
01-21-2014, 01:11 AM
Mark Jackson firing them up!

lol, please
01-21-2014, 01:11 AM
And 1 Lee!!

lol, please
01-21-2014, 01:14 AM
Currys wet!!

MackShock
01-21-2014, 01:14 AM
lego.

lol, please
01-21-2014, 01:17 AM
Lee!!! :faint:

lol, please
01-21-2014, 01:24 AM
Nice awareness by green.

SugeKnight
01-21-2014, 01:26 AM
Why are the Pacers getting all the calls?

lol, please
01-21-2014, 01:26 AM
Wow. Can't even get a call in our own house.

COOLbeans
01-21-2014, 01:29 AM
C'mon mother****erss

COOLbeans
01-21-2014, 01:29 AM
Mahinmi "somehow" beasting

COOLbeans
01-21-2014, 01:30 AM
Warriors always competing against the refs and themselves

nastynice
01-21-2014, 01:30 AM
Not finishing at the rim and not grabbing defensive boards is just killing us right now

COOLbeans
01-21-2014, 01:31 AM
Wow a call against Indiana

COOLbeans
01-21-2014, 01:31 AM
Defense mother****ers defense

COOLbeans
01-21-2014, 01:32 AM
Draymond Green defense

nastynice
What calls? Seems pretty legit to me. Not to mention boguts moving screens scaring the **** outta me again. He needs to take it down a notch

COOLbeans
Lets score here

COOLbeans

nastynice
01-21-2014, 01:37 AM
Yea boyy

lol, please
01-21-2014, 01:37 AM
Finally Barnes makes a shot. Dude has been struggling Brandon belt style.

nastynice
01-21-2014, 01:47 AM
Damn, pacers keep fighting off all our pushes. We need one more here

ESaady
01-21-2014, 01:48 AM
Pacers are so raw.

lol, please
01-21-2014, 01:50 AM
Klays wet!!

lol, please
01-21-2014, 01:51 AM
Comon lee how do you miss those.

lol, please
01-21-2014, 01:54 AM
Bogut and lee injured. Injury milking time.

COOLbeans
01-21-2014, 01:58 AM
We are what our record says we are. We are a middle of the road playoff team. The Cippers and Houston both beat good teams tonight.

lol, please
01-21-2014, 02:05 AM
It's over.

COOLbeans
01-21-2014, 02:05 AM
Hero ball or good contested shot by Curry?

COOLbeans
01-21-2014, 02:07 AM
Goodnight mother****ers

COOLbeans
01-21-2014, 02:08 AM
Vocabulary asdfjkl.

likemystylez
01-21-2014, 02:46 AM
We are what our record says we are. We are a middle of the road playoff team. The Cippers and Houston both beat good teams tonight.

The warriors need to take some pride in protecting their home court.... I mean two home losses in a row is not acceptable. They dont come out with enough desire and allow teams to get off to great shooting starts every night.

eDush
01-21-2014, 03:22 AM
A song befitting our idiotic play in the first quarter that ultimately cost us this game. Lets not have any more of that... G'night all.

http://youtu.be/Cn-A4jNGbok

bigmac8675
01-21-2014, 04:26 AM
Holy hell....

likemystylez
01-21-2014, 11:22 AM

I thought if we had our full squad we could compete with anybody?

and LOL at the detroit pistons being a good team- they arent the same team since they lost billups, rasheed, hamilton and prince.

ThatFeelsGood
01-21-2014, 12:12 PM
Stylez, we have to accept the Warriors are not elite. They are outmatched by many teams. Time to BLOW IT UP and get some real stars. Not enough talent on the Warriors to make the finals, we need better shooters better rebounders for sure. We need a REAL LEGIT center. Mediocre talents like lee or bogut won't get it done. Funny how people think the warriors have a 1 percent chance even to win it. No true super stars like Durant. Warriors need to get some worldly talent. Don't know why they waiting so long. Us fans have tortured long enough. Fact is the Warriors are not better than their record. they are they record and it shows. Just a medium good team, not a special team. Need stars like tony parker, derek rose, Marc gasol. Need real good players. Iggy average wuut 9 onts?

COOLbeans
01-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Iggys struggled

Leandres_sf
01-21-2014, 01:25 PM
I know the Pacers are a damn good team, but the Warriors should have been in this game at home. Even when they cut the lead to 4, it was such a large hole to climb out of.

eDush
01-21-2014, 02:04 PM
I know the Pacers are a damn good team, but the Warriors should have been in this game at home. Even when they cut the lead to 4, it was such a large hole to climb out of.

The only reason we got the lead down to 4 is because the Pacers let up in the 2nd half after taking such a commanding lead in the first half. Why waste energy and risk injury when the game is at hand, so they decided to pace themselves in the 2nd half for the win. Heat does it too. These teams have loftier goals like winning the Championship and in order to do that, they need all their players fresh and healthy, risking injury is not worth the risk which can happen by trying to clobber a team which they can on any given night. I do understand our Coach using our effort to make the game close as motivation to our players but he no fool to what really transpired. They are contenders, we are pretenders.

lol, please
01-21-2014, 02:54 PM
Stylez, we have to accept the Warriors are not elite.

The warriors are elite.

Chromehounds
01-21-2014, 03:08 PM

The freaking slow starts are killing the Dubs, we show they can hang with the best but at this point they do not know how to consistently play at such level. Frustrating as hell!

Chromehounds
01-21-2014, 03:10 PM
The only reason we got the lead down to 4 is because the Pacers let up in the 2nd half after taking such a commanding lead in the first half. Why waste energy and risk injury when the game is at hand, so they decided to pace themselves in the 2nd half for the win. Heat does it too. These teams have loftier goals like winning the Championship and in order to do that, they need all their players fresh and healthy, risking injury is not worth the risk which can happen by trying to clobber a team which they can on any given night. I do understand our Coach using our effort to make the game close as motivation to our players but he no fool to what really transpired. They are contenders, we are pretenders.

I don't buy the notion that they let the W's back in, the W's fought back, nothing was given to the W's last night. Funny how good defense tend to stop the other team from making shots.

ThatFeelsGood
01-21-2014, 03:21 PM
The warriors are elite.

Now THAT is funny :D:clap:

Goose17
01-21-2014, 03:40 PM
We did a great job in the second half, great D and we played our way on offense. First half was exhausting to watch.

What has happened to Barnes? He was so good one on one during the playoffs, he just doesn't seem comfortable taking it to the rim at all this year, he's constantly fading away or pulling up for jump shots.

Bogut is a beast, we need him, was glad to see him come back into the game. Crawford is looking like he's either needing more time to adjust or is as streaky as I feared he might be.

At the end of the day people need to calm the **** down. Do we need to play harder from the tip off instead of trying to make comebacks? Yes. Do we need more effort defensively? Sometimes (okay, a lot of the time), does the bench struggle? Yes. Is all of this fixable? Yes.

Blow up the roster? Trade Lee? We lost to the best defensive team in the league, we lost by eight points. The Pacers have beat the Clippers by 5 and again by 14, Miami by 6, San Antonio by 11 and Houston by 33.

If losing to the Pacers by 8 means we're not elite I guess the Clippers and San Antonio aren't elite either, I guess it means Miami are only a single basket more elite than we are? And I guess it means Houston should blow up their roster right now, they're clearly a bunch of scrubs.

Oh and FYI, Pacers shot 45.1% against us. They shot 53.5% against the San Antonio defense. 53.1% against Houston. 43.8% against the Clippers defense. 43.8% against the Miami defense.

Was it really as bad a game as we thought? Could have been a lot worse.

Chromehounds
01-21-2014, 04:48 PM
We did a great job in the second half, great D and we played our way on offense. First half was exhausting to watch.

What has happened to Barnes? He was so good one on one during the playoffs, he just doesn't seem comfortable taking it to the rim at all this year, he's constantly fading away or pulling up for jump shots.

Bogut is a beast, we need him, was glad to see him come back into the game. Crawford is looking like he's either needing more time to adjust or is as streaky as I feared he might be.

At the end of the day people need to calm the **** down. Do we need to play harder from the tip off instead of trying to make comebacks? Yes. Do we need more effort defensively? Sometimes (okay, a lot of the time), does the bench struggle? Yes. Is all of this fixable? Yes.

Blow up the roster? Trade Lee? We lost to the best defensive team in the league, we lost by eight points. The Pacers have beat the Clippers by 5 and again by 14, Miami by 6, San Antonio by 11 and Houston by 33.

If losing to the Pacers by 8 means we're not elite I guess the Clippers and San Antonio aren't elite either, I guess it means Miami are only a single basket more elite than we are? And I guess it means Houston should blow up their roster right now, they're clearly a bunch of scrubs.

Oh and FYI, Pacers shot 45.1% against us. They shot 53.5% against the San Antonio defense. 53.1% against Houston. 43.8% against the Clippers defense. 43.8% against the Miami defense.

The point is the W's could have won the game, not because they lost by 8.
Blow up the roster, trading Lee....just crazy talk.
And regarding your fixable comment, these problems have been lingering for half a season. And I prefer the fix to be this year not the next.
To be realistic expecting all your stated problems to be fixed and in elite form is unrealistic, I concede that. But how about just focus on giving the full effort from start to end, that's all, not too much to ask I hope.
Panicking...No. Frustrating...Yes. Whatever, it's fixable right?

Goose17
01-21-2014, 05:28 PM
Frustrating sure but people need to calm down. This isn't Brooklyn, we're not in "win now" mode. Do I want to win now? Yes. Do we need to? No. Barnes, Klay, Curry and Green are in their early-mid twenties. Dre is contracted for a few years as is Bogut.

This is the best team we've had in a decade or so and people want to blow it up because they're frustrated? Give me a break.

The effort is the big issue, I'm starting to think its a moral thing, it's not that they don't want to win or don't want it more than the other guys, I genuinely think some of them don't believe they can win these games. Early on they were buying into their own hype and it bit them in the ***. Now they're doubting themselves and second guessing.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much but thats how I see it.

Someone meeds to light a fire under Barnes as well.

1. Defensive Effort.
2. Bench (primarily Barnes) and their ball movement.

That's what needs to be fixed asap. None of it requires trsdes or blowing up the roster or firing coaching staff or merging with Manchester United or whatever crazy **** people are chatting.

On my phone. Sorry for any typos.

eDush
01-21-2014, 06:00 PM

I am not going to rehash what I believe to be Barnes regressive play this season as I already stated my feelings behind it. Also have stated why we came back in the 2nd half. Anyone who wants to blow up this starting unit are just trolling. We have a talented group of team oriented players led by Curry to make some serious noise in the playoffs. Speaking of which, I was one of the few who wanted to keep Curry instead of over reacting years ago when he suffered yet another in season ankle injury that frustrated most fans to the point where they created a thread to trade Curry for .50 off the dollar and bring up names they would trade him for that are no longer playing in this league or way past their prime where many loyal posters would universally agree and likely made suggestions to the FO on that front. They also wanted to keep Monta because of his ability to score regardless of his known flaws. Whew, where would we be now if the old regime was as receptive to fans demands as this group are. Scary is the word but I saw a leader with the heart of gold in Curry back then and knew we got someone special and to be patient. Look how far we have come since then. So you made a very good point, we all need to calm down! We are still a team in progress but we're getting close. I sense it will come together if we make the right moves and stay focus to our dreams.

Rome was not built in one day people, patience is a virtue.

COOLbeans
01-21-2014, 06:03 PM
Most people in this forum were always in favor of the Bogut for Monta trade. And I only remember trolls and fans of other teams hating on Steph Curry's potential. The media and ESPN like to say that GSW fans were against trading Monta but in my experience that's far from the truth.

Chromehounds
01-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Sure Rome wasn't built in a day, it took around 800 yrs. I have no such patience nor capability to wait for such time. :)
The window of opportunity rarely opens in Pro Sports, once it does it ends rather quickly. So taking advantage while you have the talents on hand is critical. So let see, Is Iggy going to get better? He's already showing signs of slowing down. The W's are lucky they'll get another year or so out of Bogut playing at high caliber. Can Klay improve more than he is now? Currently Curry is at the top of his game, could be a bit better with the turnovers. So if not now when? Next year? Year after that? And base on what? Are we to assume there will be a trade/pick that will make this team that much better...to win it all?

Stud
01-21-2014, 10:04 PM
This username is an Over Da Pence duplicate account.

eDush
01-22-2014, 03:14 AM
Sure Rome wasn't built in a day, it took around 800 yrs. I have no such patience nor capability to wait for such time. :)
The window of opportunity rarely opens in Pro Sports, once it does it ends rather quickly. So taking advantage while you have the talents on hand is critical. So let see, Is Iggy going to get better? He's already showing signs of slowing down. The W's are lucky they'll get another year or so out of Bogut playing at high caliber. Can Klay improve more than he is now? Currently Curry is at the top of his game, could be a bit better with the turnovers. So if not now when? Next year? Year after that? And base on what? Are we to assume there will be a trade/pick that will make this team that much better...to win it all?

Yes that would be too long lol but we can wait to be in the Pacers shoes next season by continuing to work on our weaknesses (which is our bench) as defensive lapses are more of the byproduct of disadvantage on player matchups where the need to make in game adjustments is critical as oppose to working through the onslaught. We all know that the Pacers is the best team in the league at this point but anything can happen from now until near the end of the season (like injuries) so it is important to not worn out our players by giving them the rest they need or game offs (for road games when necessary) that will go along way to keeping our players fresh and ready. We were the underdog coming into this game whether we are playing at home or not but the notion that we can beat any team on any given night is what give us that glimmer of hope otherwise the long season can grind on you especially when playing teams that are sometimes much better than us. Upsets do happens and this team can upset any elite team on any given night is the term I like to use when we play teams like the Pacers. Anyways, we can wait until next season but that doesn't mean we can't try to upset them this season.

eDush
01-22-2014, 03:47 AM
Most people in this forum were always in favor of the Bogut for Monta trade. And I only remember trolls and fans of other teams hating on Steph Curry's potential. The media and ESPN like to say that GSW fans were against trading Monta but in my experience that's far from the truth.

This was before the Bogut trade took place and even then, many which I can only assume were Monta lovers but not certain thought it was a big mistake. Not on this board but the one I was in back then. You always going to have haters on any player but most were on Curry's ability to remain healthy which was a concern than on his potential or lack there of. I wanted to keep him regardless because of his desire and what he can bring to this team that Monta cannot.

Sorry if I don't partake in the emotional rah rah on the Warriors being the team to beat in this league after a strings of wins or after a few loses in a short span that we are now doom and in need of major changes. We know how good we can be and also what needs to be done regardless of the winning streaks or a few bad loses.