PDA

View Full Version : Bulls, Nets, Pelicans potentially finalizing 3 way deal

KniCks4LiFe
01-18-2014, 05:39 PM
@WojYahooNBA
Chicago is finalizing deal to send Marquis Teague to the Brooklyn Nets for forward Toko Shengelia, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

@WojYahooNBA 18m
Brooklyn is sending Tyshawn Taylor to New Orleans for a future pick and cash, sources tell Yahoo.

@WojYahooNBA 16m
Clarification: Nets are sending Taylor to New Orleans with cash.

Interesting small move.

RLundi
01-18-2014, 05:42 PM
Brooklyn finally trying to get some draft picks, seeing as they've traded away their first rounders for the next 12 years.

KniCks4LiFe
01-18-2014, 05:44 PM
I can't believe they getting a pick for Tyshawn Taylor's [let me stop]

KniCks4LiFe
01-18-2014, 05:46 PM
I mean this can't be all. You're after a pick for a reason w/ this move. Right?

mets100%
01-18-2014, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE]Separate deal on Tyshawn Taylor & cash to New Orleans from Brooklyn likely nets Nets heavily protected 2nd rounder but saves luxury tax $.
[QUOTE]

Sam Amick.

KniCks4LiFe
01-18-2014, 06:02 PM
Bulls fans are celebrating this trade. LOLS

astonmartin10
01-18-2014, 06:19 PM
Yawn. Small trade. Hopefully the market picks up and we see crazy trades.

KniCks4LiFe
01-18-2014, 06:23 PM
Yawn. Small trade. Hopefully the market picks up and we see crazy trades.

well what's interesting is this move opened up a roster spot for the Nets. So this can't be their final move.

Bynum?

or Deron trade looming?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-18-2014, 06:58 PM
Williams is always injured and Teague has some potential so can't really hurt.

5ass
01-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Bulls trying so hard to save money. They better spend the money when the time comes.

ManRam
01-18-2014, 07:26 PM
Just shuffling around various pieces of trash. Taylor and Teague are two of the absolute worst players in the league.

JeffG20
01-18-2014, 07:37 PM
Just shuffling around various pieces of trash. Taylor and Teague are two of the absolute worst players in the league.

I'm delighted to hear that as Pelican fan. Anderson, Smith, and rumored to have Jrue shut down for the year P'cans might get their pick back from philly

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Shuffling of scrubs I see

NBA_Starter
01-18-2014, 08:51 PM
At least the small moves are starting to go down.

ohreally
01-18-2014, 08:53 PM
Sorry to see Toko go. I still think he has potential to be a disruptive impact guy off the bench. Hopefully, he gets some time with the Bulls.

Chronz
01-18-2014, 08:55 PM
lol a heavily protected 2nd rounder? How often does that happen?

effen5
01-18-2014, 09:10 PM
I'm so glad we got of Teague. He ****IN BLOWS!

sunsfan88
01-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Atlanta should have traded for Teague instead. Maybe big brother could have showed him how to improve his game.

kobe4thewinbang
01-19-2014, 12:40 AM
I got excited when I saw this on NBA.com, but who cares about some d-league scrubs swapping teams?

:shrug:

bleedprple&gold
01-19-2014, 12:45 AM
Wow this move is totally going to shift the nba landscape. The league will never be the same as we know it!

GiantsSwaGG
01-19-2014, 01:31 AM
Who, who and who?

KnicksorBust
01-19-2014, 05:56 PM
lol a heavily protected 2nd rounder? How often does that happen?

Love that gm.

DoMeFavors
01-19-2014, 05:58 PM
hell of a trade! teague has soo much potential

jmoney85
01-19-2014, 10:09 PM

wait..... what? lol

Muttman73
01-19-2014, 11:52 PM

He sucks, accept that

NBA_Starter
01-19-2014, 11:59 PM
I still don't really understand it for Brooklyn.

Ezio
01-20-2014, 12:11 AM
Bulls fans are celebrating this trade. LOLS

Why wouldn't we? Teague lost his job to Mike James. MJ got released and then DJ got picked up. Teague sucked so hard he was sent to the DLeague 2x because Thibs would not let him see the floor. He was getting paid too much to be a bench guy. Oh and he has a 0.2PER.

Rndy
01-20-2014, 12:18 AM

:laugh: Oh this guy his team could pick up an ice cream cone and it would be a good move with potential.

Chi StateOfMind
01-20-2014, 12:27 AM
Bulls can save all the money they want but will they use it on actual talent to help us win. Or get mediocre players and over spend

ManRam
01-20-2014, 12:48 AM
wait..... what? lol

what's confusing about that?

todu82
01-20-2014, 01:21 AM
Brooklyn would win this deal as Teague is by the best player in this potential deal.

Rndy
01-20-2014, 03:10 AM
Brooklyn would win this deal as Teague is by the best player in this potential deal.

The 2nd round pick is probably the best player, Cant be much worse anyway. Teague doesn't have a killer instinct he plays scared he doesn't feel comfortable with the ball in his hand but isn't enough of a scoring threat to be off the ball. He makes these fantastic moves to the basket only to have zero finish his 27% fg at the rim is pathetic.

There is some talent in there he was very raw but not showing any signs under a pretty good coach who has done a good job with young players doesn't help his cause. Hopefully Jason Kidd can really help him pretty good coach to have if you're a young pg I assume. They need to work on his finishing and his instincts if they can develop him should be a nice rotational player.

eDush
01-20-2014, 09:38 AM
Teague would be their best player in that deal to secure the playoffs.

waveycrockett
01-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Teague destroyed the Nets last year so I def see some talent. I just think it would have been better to make this trade in the offseason since Kidd wont have much time to work with him midseason. Seems like Kidd has helped out Livingston alot hopefully he can do the same with Teague. I think the best player potentially in this deal is Toko Shengalia I think he can be a solid scorer Marco Bellinelli type off the bench if he is given a chance to develop

Rockice_8
01-21-2014, 10:43 AM
well what's interesting is this move opened up a roster spot for the Nets. So this can't be their final move.

Bynum?

or Deron trade looming?

Why would they trade Deron? They are one of the hottest teams in the league right now playing excellent basketball. Injuries and chemistry took a toll early but this team is starting to figure it out.

Neither of those things are going to happen.

KnickaBocka.44
01-21-2014, 11:30 AM
Why would they trade Deron? They are one of the hottest teams in the league right now playing excellent basketball. Injuries and chemistry took a toll early but this team is starting to figure it out.

Maybe because they have been hot without him in the line-up. He isn't producing at a level that warrants his contract either, so it would make some sense.

KniCks4LiFe
01-21-2014, 11:38 AM

I'm glad you asked. Simply put. They are better w/o him and he still has value.

The min. Deron goes into the starting line up, Livingston doesn't just play D on his own guy, he's gonna have to switch on Deron's too. And offensively Deron is not the same guy that his contract warrants him being and if you noticed, Joe Johnson has been on a tear w/o him. There is a potential window on Deron Williams, outside that window is potential career threatening injury, potential team cancer, potential coach killer, potential sub par offense, definite defensive liabality.

If there is a deal, ala Lin/Asik + etc. for Deron, they'd be wise to take it.

Chill_Will_24
01-21-2014, 09:15 PM
Makes no sense and I wish you would stop suggesting it. Why sell low on a player? His value couldn't be any lower.

The honeymoon with Livingston has been nice and all but at some point down the road his lack of a jumpshot will prove a problem. Deron for all his faults is still a great pg and they are better off waiting his injuries to heal than trading him for marginal players. This is coming from an Asik fan too.

The only trade for Asik I would push the Nets to make is Terry + Teletovic which would benefit both teams

jmoney85
01-22-2014, 02:49 AM
Makes no sense and I wish you would stop suggesting it. Why sell low on a player? His value couldn't be any lower.

The honeymoon with Livingston has been nice and all but at some point down the road his lack of a jumpshot will prove a problem. Deron for all his faults is still a great pg and they are better off waiting his injuries to heal than trading him for marginal players. This is coming from an Asik fan too.

The only trade for Asik I would push the Nets to make is Terry + Teletovic which would benefit both teams

he has 27k posts and I think 15k of them are related to lin/asik for dwill lol... he needs to give it a rest... I dont want that sorry deal

jmoney85
01-22-2014, 02:51 AM
what's confusing about that?

everything.... how can you call tyshawn taylor the worst player in the nba?

KniCks4LiFe
01-22-2014, 05:00 AM
he has 27k posts and I think 15k of them are related to lin/asik for dwill lol... he needs to give it a rest... I dont want that sorry deal

No I don't. And the reason I brought the Lin/Asik deal is b/c that is the only one that has been offered for Deron Williams. If there was a Gerald Green + Dragic or Eric Gordon + something or even Russell Westbrook and Jeremy Lamb combo, I would tell them to take that deal too.

You keep making excuse for a PG who has been a bust in NYC. [more like average] IDK how you went from point A to Z on one opinion alone.

BTW I've made threads and posts on more than that. I also said how Kidd needed time, who's eating crap now? while the whole Brooklyn brigade was calling for his firing. I told y'all also that while that value starts rising, you better be entertaining offers for Pierce and KG, cuz this ain't gonna last all season.

Kidd was smart enough to move everyone up in the line up position. And the 3 main reasons that Brooklyn's D is good right now is b/c Livingston is the PG, JJ is the SF and KG is the C. So Billy King has done nothing. He should be kissing Jason Kidd's *** for telling him to get him Shaun Livingston, like he told him to get him Marcus Teague. [who Kidd according to insiders likes over Tyshawn Taylor]

Chill_Will_24
01-22-2014, 12:08 PM
I never made excuses for Deron. He has played bad. Just said not to sell low.

Also Livingston can't shoot. He isn't a threat offensively and in the playoffs when the game slows down that will be an issue.

Also so far so good Deron is playing well after his ankle treatments. It was his idea to come off the bench too so that's a pretty unselfish move for an all time ***** hole like him, no?

Chill_Will_24
01-22-2014, 12:16 PM
If he returns to last year post treatment form and improves his value I say hell yes trade him. Idk what team would want him. Same with Brook. Trade them both.

I think Deron is highly overrated and Brook Lopez even more so.

Lopez's latest foot surgery is not like the last ones. It's a repositioning surgery to prevent further injuries to the foot. He will recover and since his game is not predicated on athleticicm he is a great bet to return to form

I wonder if the Bulls would do a tank now win next year trade and swap Noah and Lopez

That would be amazing for the Nets win now strategy and when Lopez returns and they possibly sign Melo.. That's a dangerous team with a top 2014 pick

KniCks4LiFe
01-22-2014, 12:19 PM

Also Livingston can't shoot. He isn't a threat offensively and in the playoffs when the game slows down that will be an issue.

Also so far so good Deron is playing well after his ankle treatments. It was his idea to come off the bench too so that's a pretty unselfish move for an all time ***** hole like him, no?

I know you haven't. But if you don't sell that guy, he's going to get hurt, then you're stuck w/ 16-20 M you can't move. And the ideal trade is one that gives you a young talent package and cap relief should be your target. Both NY teams don't get that.

For now Deron is playing well w/ no pain, for what we know this is one crossover away from being shut down and needing surgery.

Deron is making 16 million right? sooner than later he's not going to like coming off that bench. It is his 1st non ***-hole move.

Chill_Will_24
01-22-2014, 12:54 PM

I know you haven't. But if you don't sell that guy, he's going to get hurt, then you're stuck w/ 16-20 M you can't move. And the ideal trade is one that gives you a young talent package and cap relief should be your target. Both NY teams don't get that.

For now Deron is playing well w/ no pain, for what we know this is one crossover away from being shut down and needing surgery.

Deron is making 16 million right? sooner than later he's not going to like coming off that bench. It is his 1st non ***-hole move.

Well let's be real this bench role will not last. He is better than Livingston. They just wanna ease him back in without messing with their chemistry.

As far as your trade, its just pointless in every sense. You and I are usually on the same page but not here. I love Asik. I wanted him bad before and still do. However the guy wants to start and has his own injury problems. Do you really wanna plug him in there at the expense of KG who is back to playing like last year, and possibly mess up out chemistry?

Since January 1st, the Nets have allowed opponents to score 107.2 points per 100 possessions with Garnett off the floor, and 87.9 points per 100 possessions with him on the floor.

KG is playing very well. At this point if I'm the Nets I look for a good defensive backup that can start when KG sits. Sanders and Varejao come to mind.

Also Asik is due to make 15mil next year. That poison pill contract he was given is about to bite HOU in the *** and Lin has a similar one. So yes Deron is paid $18 mil but I would rather have the better player paid that than 2 guys who will make a combined $30mil.