PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals Predictions?

RocketLoc80
01-18-2014, 03:18 AM
Ok so after mid season who does everybody have in the Finals and who wins it all?

sunsfan88
01-18-2014, 03:35 AM
Miami vs OKC rematch. Miami wins it in 6.

Indiana loses to Miami in 7 in the ECFs.

Nick O
01-18-2014, 03:43 AM
Kevin Love Seperates from the T-wolves and forms his own team of nothing but short white men who will pass him the ball and let him rebound. he dominates the league scoring 100+ a game and wins the title in 4 games. thats a possibility.. ... but itl probably be miami in 6 or 7 against whichever great team comes out of the west. OKC. maybe san antonio again.. would love to see a houston or g state in the mix

Riodagoat
01-18-2014, 04:24 AM
If Westbrook comes back healthy, I see a MIA OKC rematch with MIA winning in 6. Otherwise, MIA SAS again.
I see OKC and SAS on top of the West with a huge gap between them and the other playoff teams. A lot of these supposedly new and upcoming team in the West are very inexperienced playoffs-wise.
In the East, it obviously will only be between MIA and IND. I see MIA winning in 6, maybe 7.

kobe4thewinbang
01-18-2014, 04:48 AM
I hope it will be San Antonio & Miami again, with the Spurs not choking this time around. I would prefer to see Indiana knock off Miami, though. I hope there is a surprise winner in the earlier rounds, Dallas or Golden State or Clippers actually getting somewhere. I'm not a Miami hater. I just want to see somebody else win.

astonmartin10
01-18-2014, 06:49 AM
Raptors baby!! Lol nah but I heard on the radio they have 25% chance of making the finals I think according to one of Hollinger's advanced stats test.

I see Miami and Blazers. Come on Blazers

Asik's better
01-18-2014, 07:27 AM
It will between thunder, spurs, heat and pacers

pebloemer
01-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Spurs over Miami

RocketLoc80
01-18-2014, 10:11 AM
It will between thunder, spurs, heat and pacers

Whos the better team out of those 4

SouthSideRookie
01-18-2014, 11:47 AM
0-2 vs Houston
0-2 vs OKC
0-2 vs Portland
1-1 vs LAC
0-1 vs Indiana

in several of their losses in these games they were down really big, 20+ points big.

Anyone want to guess who's record this is vs these teams.

The playoffs is about match ups. Houston seems to have Portland's(with Asik) and GS number or matches up really well atm vs those two, however OKC and the Clips is another story.

Not unless Westbrook suffers another season ending injury I see OKC going to the Finals and with a legitimate shot of beating Miami.

kdspurman
01-18-2014, 01:07 PM
0-2 vs Houston
0-2 vs OKC
0-2 vs Portland
1-1 vs LAC
0-1 vs Indiana

in several of their losses in these games they were down really big, 20+ points big.

Anyone want to guess who's record this is vs these teams.

The playoffs is about match ups. Houston seems to have Portland's(with Asik) and GS number or matches up really well atm vs those two, however OKC and the Clips is another story.

Not unless Westbrook suffers another season ending injury I see OKC going to the Finals and with a legitimate shot of beating Miami.

I know what team that is, and I can tell you that whole 'beating the league's Elite' stuff is overrated. This also doesn't factor in injuries and nights they played b2b's, or 4 games in 5 nights, etc...

Miami struggled with the same thing and once the playoffs came, they turned things up another level. Portland has been a matchup problem for the Spurs the past few years, but having said that, playoffs are a different animal.

KnicksorBust
01-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Heat over Warriors. (Or Rockets if they trade Asik).

kobe4thewinbang
01-18-2014, 01:51 PM
Heat over Warriors. (Or Rockets if they trade Asik).I think Golden State would win if those two teams met in the Finals. How would Miami stop Curry? LeBron can't do much against him nailing 50 footers and GS has Iggy to pester LeBron, and Thompson to drain as much as Curry.

KniCks4LiFe
01-18-2014, 01:57 PM
Pacers vs Thunder

Pacers in 6

I think the Heat could make the NBA finals, ofcourse they are the defending champs but I don't see them being better than the Pacers this season. This can all change, and I think it all comes down to will the Heat trade Chalmers and Rio for a PG, like a Ramon Sessions or Jarret Jack or maybe even someone we're not thinking about that can play a bit of D, keep the D honest and take pressure off LeBron.

Tony_Starks
01-18-2014, 02:00 PM
Indy vs OKC. OKC in 7.....

KniCks4LiFe
01-18-2014, 02:02 PM
I think Golden State would win if those two teams met in the Finals. How would Miami stop Curry? LeBron can't do much against him nailing 50 footers and GS has Iggy to pester LeBron, and Thompson to drain as much as Curry.

How would Golden State stop Durant and Westbrook?

RocketLoc80
01-18-2014, 02:04 PM

How does OKC win a game 7 in Indy?

jacquewho?
01-18-2014, 02:10 PM
From the East it will be Miami/Indiana

From the west, IMO i think it will be OKC/Golden State/LAC

I'm bias so I'm gonna say Indiana/OKC.

But then again making predictions this early is stupid.

PhillyFaninLA
01-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Assuming all teams enter the playoffs healthy then its Heat vs Thunder or Heat vs Spurs....Heat is 6 or 7.

PhillyFaninLA
01-18-2014, 02:42 PM
From the East it will be Miami/Indiana

From the west, IMO i think it will be OKC/Golden State/LAC

I'm bias so I'm gonna say Indiana/OKC.

But then again making predictions this early is stupid.

Clippers over the Spurs....interesting

FlashBolt
01-18-2014, 02:48 PM
Lol @ Warriors.

Bruno
01-18-2014, 03:06 PM
OKC/Indy if westbrook comes back 100%

Warriors/Indy if Warriors are healthy and OKC is not. OKC over Warriors if both sides are equally healthy.

the streak of no team going to four straight NBA finals since the 80's continues, LBJ and Miami loses game seven in Indy.

BHKLL25
01-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Miami and either SA or OKC. The Thunder look good without Westbrook. They'll be even better with him.

RLundi
01-18-2014, 03:12 PM
Indiana Pacers vs. Los Angeles Clippers.

You heard it here first.

Bruno
01-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Indiana Pacers vs. Los Angeles Clippers.

You heard it here first.

at the start of the season I entertained the possibility of Paul getting MVP and the Clippers making a serious run to the finals. now that half the season is in the books I think the Clippers a still a piece away. I think for that to happen, the West would have to be as injury depleted as it was last season for the Clippers to get in.

Chris Paul is brilliant, but he can't play a full season and is too prone to breaking down; and I still don't think he has enough around him. he and his brilliance more so than any player gives credence to my 6'6 or bigger theory. i just don't think he's literally big enough to put a team on his back and drag them to the finals- which I think this Clipper team would require.

PhillyFaninLA
01-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Lol @ Warriors.

In detail explain why that is funny. Its not a ridiculous notion.

RLundi
01-18-2014, 04:58 PM
at the start of the season I entertained the possibility of Paul getting MVP and the Clippers making a serious run to the finals. now that half the season is in the books I think the Clippers a still a piece away. I think for that to happen, the West would have to be as injury depleted as it was last season for the Clippers to get in.

Chris Paul is brilliant, but he can't play a full season and is too prone to breaking down; and I still don't think he has enough around him. he and his brilliance more so than any player gives credence to my 6'6 or bigger theory. i just don't think he's literally big enough to put a team on his back and drag them to the finals- which I think this Clipper team would require.

I think entirely the opposite. The Clippers have had more talent than they've ever had. Jordan and Blake have improved upon past seasons under Doc now, they have plenty of legitimate outside shooting threats and their bench is very solid. Not to mention, they have a championship-level coach. I think they have all the tools. My only concern would be chemistry, as this is only their first year together, but they are solid at every position. If Blake can continue playing at a high level even when CP3 returns, they are as good as anyone in the west.

DreamShaker
01-18-2014, 10:16 PM
I would like to see OKC make a trade. If they can get another good big man, I think they can win can win it all. Heat makes it for the east.

Ebbs
01-18-2014, 10:26 PM
Pre season I had Rockets over Heat. I'm not going to deviate from that

nyKnicks126
01-18-2014, 10:32 PM
Too early for this thread. Wait until the TDL. We never know what kind of moves will happen then.

albertajaysfan
01-18-2014, 10:43 PM
Pacers vs Thunder

Pacers in 6

I think the Heat could make the NBA finals, ofcourse they are the defending champs but I don't see them being better than the Pacers this season. This can all change, and I think it all comes down to will the Heat trade Chalmers and Rio for a PG, like a Ramon Sessions or Jarret Jack or maybe even someone we're not thinking about that can play a bit of D, keep the D honest and take pressure off LeBron.

Have you watched him play?

But I agree with Pacers vs. Thunder. If both teams are healthy.

lol, please
01-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Dubs sweep the Pacers in 4.

SouthSideRookie
01-18-2014, 11:43 PM
I know what team that is, and I can tell you that whole 'beating the league's Elite' stuff is overrated. This also doesn't factor in injuries and nights they played b2b's, or 4 games in 5 nights, etc...

Miami struggled with the same thing and once the playoffs came, they turned things up another level. Portland has been a matchup problem for the Spurs the past few years, but having said that, playoffs are a different animal.

Miami has been to three consecutive Finals, they have a target on them every single night. I've been saying since the Spurs meltdown a few seasons ago vs OKC that they are done. They run out of gas vs the elite in the playoffs as the series goes deeper, specifically in the second half of games. Last season they were fortunate that Westbrook went down.

I think Golden State would win if those two teams met in the Finals. How would Miami stop Curry? LeBron can't do much against him nailing 50 footers and GS has Iggy to pester LeBron, and Thompson to drain as much as Curry.

San Antonio did in the playoffs after game 1, the Heat are a pretty decent defensive team also.

How would Golden State stop Durant and Westbrook?

OKC takes it to another level in the playoffs

Too early for this thread. Wait until the TDL. We never know what kind of moves will happen then.

It's going to be an interesting deadline.

Duncan = Donkey
01-18-2014, 11:48 PM
Miami over Thunder in 6

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-18-2014, 11:52 PM
I hope it will be San Antonio & Miami again, with the Spurs not choking this time around. I would prefer to see Indiana knock off Miami, though. I hope there is a surprise winner in the earlier rounds, Dallas or Golden State or Clippers actually getting somewhere. I'm not a Miami hater. I just want to see somebody else win.

I don't understand this.. Are you a lakers fan or celtics fan

NBA_Starter
01-18-2014, 11:56 PM
Heat vs Thunder

Heat in 6

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-18-2014, 11:57 PM
I'm only scared of 1 team. The spurs.

Cal827
01-19-2014, 01:24 AM
Spurs over Raptors.

And before question whether or not I've smoked some crack of late, go look at Hollinger's Playoff Odds:

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

It has the Raptors with better odds than the HEAT to get to the finals, so **** you Heat Fans :dance: :dance:

Cal827
01-19-2014, 01:25 AM
All jokes aside though:

I think Heat vs Clippers in the Finals.

Chronz
01-19-2014, 01:34 AM
Have you watched him play?

Should have bolded both guys.

Chronz
01-19-2014, 01:39 AM
Spurs over Raptors.

And before question whether or not I've smoked some crack of late, go look at Hollinger's Playoff Odds:

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

It has the Raptors with better odds than the HEAT to get to the finals, so **** you Heat Fans :dance: :dance:

But its based on regular season play, those standards dont apply to defending champions, they tend to coast with the knowledge that they are battle tested, especially 2-time defending champs.

albertajaysfan
01-19-2014, 01:42 AM
Should have bolded both guys.

Those two are not on the same level. Jack has some offensive skills. Sessions makes zero sense to me on the Heat.

But its based on regular season play, those standards dont apply to defending champions, they tend to coast with the knowledge that they are battle tested, especially 2-time defending champs.

Pretty sure he was kidding around.

IversonIsKrazy
01-19-2014, 01:45 AM
Honestly West is wide-open. OKC can repeat their WCF as 2012 when Russy was healthy. Can Blazers play this well in playoffs? Can Dubs make the next step? Clippers, are they finally legit? Spurs have not beaten any strong teams so far this season, but they're the Spurs coming off that run of last year. It's way too tough to call imo.

jerellh528
01-19-2014, 01:46 AM
Indy vs Okc. Indy in 6

Drummond#1
01-19-2014, 01:49 AM
Indy over Spurs in 6 (most likely)

Miami over Thunder in 7 (series that is best for fans)

GSW or LA Clippers over Miami in 7 (most profitable series)

Thunder over Chicago in 4 (Wildcard! Thibs finds a way)

DillyDill
01-19-2014, 02:22 AM
I really wanna see LBJ vs KD part 2

Chronz
01-19-2014, 02:27 AM
Those two are not on the same level. Jack has some offensive skills. Sessions makes zero sense to me on the Heat.

Have you seen Jack play? Honestly dont see much difference in skill/talent level between the 2.

kobe4thewinbang
01-19-2014, 02:30 AM
I don't understand this.. Are you a lakers fan or celtics fanI'm a fan of the NBA.

Cal827
01-19-2014, 02:31 AM

Lol, if you got off that high horse and looked a little closer, you probably would have seen that I was just joking Chronz :D

I'm not sure who I would pick between the Clippers and the Heat though. Both teams literally have strengths at the others weaknesses lol

kobe4thewinbang
01-19-2014, 05:57 AM
I'm not sure who I would pick between the Clippers and the Heat though. Both teams literally have strengths at the others weaknesses lolWell, if the Clippers go down 30 like they did against Dallas, Miami will lob the floor with them. It would be a fun, exciting Finals matchup, though. The Clippers are quite deep as a team. Lots of shooters that can get hot, Crawford, Reddick, and of course CP3. Jordan is the weak link at this point.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-19-2014, 06:03 AM
I'm a fan of the NBA.

Lol is that right

kobe4thewinbang
01-19-2014, 08:11 AM
Lol is that rightYes. I don't know why people make such a big deal out of it. It may be blasphemy, but I don't care.

PhillyFaninLA
01-19-2014, 09:00 AM
I would like to see OKC make a trade. If they can get another good big man, I think they can win can win it all. Heat makes it for the east.

Just curious what would give the Sixers for Hawes and Turner....I saw something about a conversation but not anything really likely

Heediot
01-19-2014, 09:23 AM
Clippers over Pacers.

kdspurman
01-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Miami has been to three consecutive Finals, they have a target on them every single night. I've been saying since the Spurs meltdown a few seasons ago vs OKC that they are done. They run out of gas vs the elite in the playoffs as the series goes deeper, specifically in the second half of games. Last season they were fortunate that Westbrook went down.

Unfortunately, it literally had nothing to do with running out of gas. If you thought they lost in game 6 due to running out of gas, I'm not really sure what else to say lol.

And no one knows what would have happened had Westbrook been healthy. It's fun to speculate I guess, but no one knows what the outcome would have been. Miami probably would have had it easier in the finals if OKC did make it.

ManRam
01-19-2014, 01:11 PM
Pacers v Clippers was my pre-season pick.

I'm sticking with Indy, I'll throw OKC in there instead. I think OKC wins it all.

Miami's flaws almost got the best of them last year, but I think they're too big to overcome this time, especially if Wade and Bosh don't play like stars once again in the playoffs.

mightybosstone
01-19-2014, 02:16 PM
The Thunder have been better than expected this season thanks to the development of some of their young guys, and I think they are probably the team to beat in the West once Westbrook comes back. But I could feasibly see the Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Clippers or Blazers if they get hot at the right time. In the East, I'll still take Miami over the Pacers in a tight one, and I don't think there's a third team in the conference even worth considering.

I actually think the Thunder may be a better team right now than the Heat, but I'm not sure I take them in a 7-game series over Miami.

dodgersuck
01-19-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm praying for an Indiana vs. Golden State matchup.

KnicksorBust
01-19-2014, 05:53 PM
Pacers v Clippers was my pre-season pick.

I'm sticking with Indy, I'll throw OKC in there instead. I think OKC wins it all.

Miami's flaws almost got the best of them last year, but I think they're too big to overcome this time, especially if Wade and Bosh don't play like stars once again in the playoffs.

What changed your mind to OKC????

fnoel
01-19-2014, 06:17 PM
Lakers over Bucks

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Yes. I don't know why people make such a big deal out of it. It may be blasphemy, but I don't care.

Because it's hard to fathom someone supporting rondo and Kobe.

Yes you can be an nba fan, but my glancing at your profile and sig.. I get a sense of no loyalty to a team and bandwagoning.

Oh well.

HoopDreams03
01-19-2014, 08:36 PM
Because it's hard to fathom someone supporting rondo and Kobe.

Yes you can be an nba fan, but my glancing at your profile and sig.. I get a sense of no loyalty to a team and bandwagoning.

Oh well.

Why you so worried about it?

HoopDreams03
01-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Kings vs. Raptors

Kings in 6

Cousins finals MVP

kobe4thewinbang
01-19-2014, 09:48 PM
Kobe wanted Rondo a few years ago. I just generally enjoy the NBA. Lakers will always be my favorite, but the league is changing and there is too much good throughout it to only focus on one team.

WaDe03
01-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Heat over Thunder in 5 again.

Tony_Starks
01-20-2014, 12:50 PM
How does OKC win a game 7 in Indy?

KD drops 40. Russel drops 30.

Jarvo
01-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Spurs vs Miami - Spurs win in 6, Do you know how hard it is to live in Miami and be reminded almost everyday that your team choked ! I want vengeance! I want blood! I want waaaarrrrrr!!!!

Lol but to be serious I want The Spurs to face Miami again it was the best Finals in years and I want payback, Everytime I see Ray Allen it gives me flashbacks :(

SINCESTARBURY25
01-20-2014, 03:01 PM
Lakers Celtics

JWO35
01-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Raptors vs Suns

D-Leethal
01-20-2014, 03:49 PM
OKC vs Indy

Goose17
01-20-2014, 03:52 PM
Still far too early.

BrandoCommando
01-20-2014, 04:42 PM
Heat vs Warriors... Heat in 7.

Goose17
01-20-2014, 04:45 PM
Spurs vs Miami - Spurs win in 6, Do you know how hard it is to live in Miami and be reminded almost everyday that your team choked ! I want vengeance! I want blood! I want waaaarrrrrr!!!!

Lol but to be serious I want The Spurs to face Miami again it was the best Finals in years and I want payback, Everytime I see Ray Allen it gives me flashbacks :(

If the Warriors don't make it I want it to be San Antonio, second pick would be OKC just to see if Lebron can destroy Durant again.

Jarvo
01-20-2014, 05:09 PM
If the Warriors don't make it I want it to be San Antonio, second pick would be OKC just to see if Lebron can destroy Durant again.

:cheers: I grew so much respect for The Dubs after last year and likewise if The Spurs don't make it I would love to see Curry, Iggy and a 100% Lee and Bogut to play Miami.

WES KOAST
01-20-2014, 05:12 PM
indy v gs!!! lets get it done steph!!!

Goose17
01-20-2014, 05:19 PM
:cheers: I grew so much respect for The Dubs after last year and likewise if The Spurs don't make it I would love to see Curry, Iggy and a 100% Lee and Bogut to play Miami.

I really like the Spurs, Tim Duncan and Tony Parker are two of my all time favourite players. If we had to lose I'm glad it was to them, I mean I was disappointed obviously, but I would have been more disappointed if we had lost to one of the other teams. There's no shame in losing to the best team in the league.

FYI before people bite my head off when I say the best team, I mean in terms of team work in general and getting the best out of everyone, not the overall talent level or individual talent level.

Jarvo
01-20-2014, 07:21 PM
I really like the Spurs, Tim Duncan and Tony Parker are two of my all time favourite players. If we had to lose I'm glad it was to them, I mean I was disappointed obviously, but I would have been more disappointed if we had lost to one of the other teams. There's no shame in losing to the best team in the league.

FYI before people bite my head off when I say the best team, I mean in terms of team work in general and getting the best out of everyone, not the overall talent level or individual talent level.

Spurs vs GS was the best 2nd round series to me last year had me on the edge of my seat to me with them adding Crawford I'm even more scared and can see them flying under the radar and coming out swinging in the playoffs. I can't wait!

todu82
01-21-2014, 01:34 AM
Indiana over LA Clippers in 7.

lakerfan85
01-21-2014, 02:13 AM
I picked the Pacers and Warriors as my preseason picks...

rex.reyesiii
01-21-2014, 05:50 AM
Which team comes out from the West is hard to call but...

HEAT in 5 over the Blazers.

SouthSideRookie
01-22-2014, 11:56 PM
Unfortunately, it literally had nothing to do with running out of gas. If you thought they lost in game 6 due to running out of gas, I'm not really sure what else to say lol.

And no one knows what would have happened had Westbrook been healthy. It's fun to speculate I guess, but no one knows what the outcome would have been. Miami probably would have had it easier in the finals if OKC did make it.

Make that 0-3 vs OKC. Thunder were on a b2b, and coming off a though stretch where they beat Houston, GS(on the road) and Portland. Durant has taken his game to another level. and yeah, without RW.

SPURSFAN1
01-23-2014, 12:00 AM
Make that 0-3 vs OKC. Thunder were on a b2b, and coming off a though stretch where they beat Houston, GS(on the road) and Portland. Durant has taken his game to another level. and yeah, without RW.

And the spurs were playing without 2 starters. Tiago and Danny. Kawhi get's injured in the first quarter and doesn't play the rest of the way. Clear offensive foul by durant and they call it a double foul. Durant shoots 2 3's in a row afterwards. Then they missed the 24 second violation on the thunder because marco never had control of the ball. They also didn't call the double foul on manu. The thunder were lucky to go out with a win.

Pierre The Poet
01-23-2014, 01:58 AM
Pacers vs. Thunder

P&GRealist
01-23-2014, 02:00 AM
Pacers vs. Thunder

This is what I'm thinking too.

Thunder in 6, winning game 6 in OKC.

hidalgo
01-23-2014, 04:31 AM
Pacers vs Thunder. Pacers win in 7

the Pacers are coming for the Heat, & they'll finally take them out(in 6 maybe 7)

but i'd like to see the Spurs win 1 more as a throwback to as far as 1999, & 2002-03. also if the Heat 3 peat that would be fine by me too. i just think indiana is gonna take them behind the old wood shed & give them some serious payback. this is the best pacers team since the 1998 pacers who i think was the best pacers team ever. slight nod to the 1998 team probably even if this pacers team wins it all

kdspurman
01-23-2014, 10:46 AM

Aside from tie breakers, playoff positioning, etc... Losses early-mid season don't mean squat once the playoffs start. People putting too much stock into it, it seems. As long as they are playing their best ball and healthy heading into the playoffs is all that matters.

SouthSideRookie
01-23-2014, 04:53 PM
Aside from tie breakers, playoff positioning, etc... Losses early-mid season don't mean squat once the playoffs start. People putting too much stock into it, it seems. As long as they are playing their best ball and healthy heading into the playoffs is all that matters.

OKC beat the Spurs the last time these two met in the playoffs. They don't have Harden anymore but KD is better and believe it or not, so is OKC.

Im not expecting you to admit it, I mean all you do is make excuses and blame the officiating, you did it when they won 4 straight two years ago and you've been doing it this season so far.

SouthSideRookie
01-23-2014, 04:55 PM
And the spurs were playing without 2 starters. Tiago and Danny. Kawhi get's injured in the first quarter and doesn't play the rest of the way. Clear offensive foul by durant and they call it a double foul. Durant shoots 2 3's in a row afterwards. Then they missed the 24 second violation on the thunder because marco never had control of the ball. They also didn't call the double foul on manu. The thunder were lucky to go out with a win.

LOL they were without Westbrook, how much more of an advantage do you want.

Red_Pill
01-23-2014, 04:58 PM
Pacers vs. OKC

And as an OKC fan, I'm rooting for the Pacers to get through the Heat. Basketball is all about matchups, and the Heat are a bad matchup for us. The Pacers on the other hand, we can deal with them.

SPURSFAN1
01-23-2014, 05:00 PM
LOL they were without Westbrook, how much more of an advantage do you want.

1 game off from having the number 1 record in the west. Rockets blow this year again. Anything else?

JordansBulls
01-23-2014, 05:02 PM

This is what I am thinking as well unless the Rockets can turn it around.

SouthSideRookie
01-23-2014, 05:06 PM
Pacers vs. OKC

And as an OKC fan, I'm rooting for the Pacers to get through the Heat. Basketball is all about matchups, and the Heat are a bad matchup for us. The Pacers on the other hand, we can deal with them.

This is what I think also.

1 game off from having the number 1 record in the west. Rockets blow this year again. Anything else?

Spurs run has been over, SA fans are just in denial. I can't really blame them, I mean that's all they have. Houston is back to being relevant and owning the state, just how it should be.

ramsizzle
01-23-2014, 05:08 PM

Spurs run has been over, SA fans are just in denial. I can't really blame them, I mean that's all they have. Houston is back to being relevant and owning the state, just how it should be.

This is seriously one of the dumbest posts i have ever read on psd.

jerellh528
01-23-2014, 05:11 PM

As a lakers fan, I hate the spurs. Still, even I know the spurs are most definitely still a contender and a far better team than Houston. And it will probably stay that way until Duncan and pop retire.

SouthSideRookie
01-23-2014, 05:13 PM

As a lakers fan, I hate the spurs. Still, even I know the spurs are most definitely still a contender and a far better team than Houston. And it will probably stay that way until Duncan and pop retire.

I'll be bumping this when the time comes, just don't disappear like they rest do.

SPURSFAN1
01-23-2014, 05:19 PM
I'll be bumping this when the time comes, just don't disappear like they rest do.

Panties in a bunch? I'll bump this when the rockets get bounced in the first round.

SouthSideRookie
01-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Panties in a bunch? I'll bump this when the rockets get bounced in the first round.

Rockets aren't ready to win a title, I realize that. My point is the Thunder are the best team in the conference. Houston is a piece away, I can admit that. Whether Houston gets bounced in the first round or not, the Spurs aren't winning a title.

kdspurman
01-23-2014, 05:26 PM
OKC beat the Spurs the last time these two met in the playoffs. They don't have Harden anymore but KD is better and believe it or not, so is OKC.

Im not expecting you to admit it, I mean all you do is make excuses and blame the officiating, you did it when they won 4 straight two years ago and you've been doing it this season so far.

Nope, I only blamed them after game 6. You're free to have your own opinions man, regardless of how they sound lol

houstonfan
01-23-2014, 05:27 PM
Phoenix vs Charlotte

kdspurman
01-23-2014, 05:28 PM

It's really quite amazing...

Goose17
01-23-2014, 05:32 PM
the Spurs aren't winning a title.

They have a better chance than Houston.

People have been saying every year for the last five years "Spurs run is coming to an end, they're too old" blah blah blah.

Every year they blow your tiny little mind.

ramsizzle
01-23-2014, 05:59 PM

yeah we really disappeared when the spurs were in the finals last year taking Miami to 7 games. and they're within a game of the best record in the west. what a bunch of bums ha?

RocketLoc80
01-23-2014, 06:34 PM
This is what I am thinking as well unless the Rockets can turn it around.

So you think Miami chokes this year huh

numba1CHANGsta
01-23-2014, 06:54 PM
The NBA needs a Pacers-Thunder Finals, seriously it would be very entertaining

TrueFan420
01-23-2014, 07:08 PM
They have a better chance than Houston.

People have been saying every year for the last five years "Spurs run is coming to an end, they're too old" blah blah blah.

Every year they blow your tiny little mind.
So true... I'm willing to bet you could go back and bump a couple threads on here with people saying that exact same thing.

RocketLoc80
03-05-2014, 09:45 PM
Upping for updated predictions

NYJ - NYY
03-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Knicks ? :)

SPURSFAN1
03-05-2014, 11:03 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

SouthSideRookie
03-05-2014, 11:31 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Im gonna pile on when your team gets sent home, you've been warned.

SPURSFAN1
03-05-2014, 11:37 PM
Im gonna pile on when your team gets sent home, you've been warned.

rockets going to get pushed in early and hard. hahahahahaa

kobe4thewinbang
03-05-2014, 11:49 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:I think by next season, Dallas might even be just below Houston in terms of being relevant. I hope injuries don't doom the Spurs this season. I'm still pulling for them to atone for last year's heartbreaking loss.

SPURSFAN1
03-05-2014, 11:56 PM
I think by next season, Dallas might even be just below Houston in terms of being relevant. I hope injuries don't doom the Spurs this season. I'm still pulling for them to atone for last year's heartbreaking loss.

Yeah. The spurs have the tools to get back there again. A lot of people keep underestimating the heart of a champion. Those last two games we lost, one we were 98% chance of winning and the second we lost in the last 2 mins. People keep thinking we got blown out the entire series or something.

TylerSL
03-06-2014, 12:50 AM
It's early right now, especially considering that the West is completely wide open right now. The Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, Clippers, and Blazers are the standouts and could all win the Western Conference. However as things stand today I would say Blazers are too young and the Clippers defense isn't good enough to win the conference. Based on San Antonio's record against the other 4 teams mentioned (2-9) history does not look great for them. That leaves OKC and Houston. This may not be WCF but I do think 1 of these teams will win the conference. As things stand right now, I say OKC>Hou.

The East is all about Miami-Indiana and nobody else even matters. HCA would be a factor in this series (especially if Miami gets it), although I dont think its the deciding factor. I say Heat win either way in another tough and competitive series.

OKC-Heat NBA Finals. Lebron v. Durant II. I think the Heat would have HCA in this series and remember the finals format has changed back to 2-2-1-1-1. The series would be closer than 2012, but I still see Miami winning in 6 (possibly 7) and completing the 3 peat.

This is just how I see things as of March 5th. Obviously a lot of things can/will happen that is subject to change the entire picture. But as of right now, this is how I see things.

kobe4thewinbang
03-06-2014, 02:04 AM
Stephen A & Skip's current predictions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWYTWPeijJQ

I am still pulling for the Spurs. Those stats Skip mentioned are impressive, no doubt. Defense is what matters in the playoffs. If somebody legitimately contested that game-tying 3 by Ray Allen, maybe we're talking about the Spurs as defending champions.

But I think OKC may get their rematch this year. I also like the comment Stephen A made about Golden State. When they're on fire, they're nigh unstoppable especially when Iggy and Bogut are defending.

Hopefully injuries stay away and it's a great playoffs!

RocketLoc80
03-06-2014, 11:23 PM
Upping

rockets-fan
03-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Indiana v Miami

Miami in 6

OKC v Houston

OKC in 6

Miami in 7

kdspurman
03-07-2014, 11:33 AM
Spurs/Heat again.

moshy2
03-07-2014, 03:17 PM
The East is obviously coming down to Mia-Ind, where I think Mia takes it in 7.

The West, I honestly don't know. It's so deep that really any team can be upset in any round. I think in the end a middle seed like Hou or LAC will make it, as much as I hate to say it

mightybosstone
03-07-2014, 03:38 PM
I'm not going to talk too much about the East, because pretty much everyone considers Indiana and Miami to be a foregone conclusion and I tend to agree. The team that advances to the Finals will be the team that happens to play the best in that 7-game stretch.

In the West, however, I think it's all about matchups. I think the Clippers are playing the best basketball right now and are getting hot at the right time. But they do not want to face Golden State and they probably want to avoid the Spurs. Houston could do it, but not if they have to face the Clippers or Thunder. And the Thunder could do it, but they likely don't want to face the Clippers. The Spur, Blazers and Warriors are the same way.

Based on how teams are playing right now and the current standings, I think the standings by the end of the season will look like this:
1. San Antonio
2. OKC
3. LAC
4. Houston
5. Portland
6. Golden State
7. Phoenix
8. Memphis

If that's the case, I think the WCF will end up being the Clippers against the Spurs or Rockets. If it's Houston, I like the Clippers in the Finals, but if it's San Antonio, I like the Spurs in the Finals. That's really the best answer I can give at this point until we know how the West shakes out.

king4day
03-07-2014, 03:45 PM
I am going with Spurs/Pacers. Slight edge over the Heat.
My Wild Card finals team is LAC.

kobe4thewinbang
03-07-2014, 06:31 PM
My Wild Card finals team is LAC.I would enjoy that series, but the NBA wouldn't for viewership reasons. Though I think there are a lot of Indy fans which might make up for it. It still won't be Clippers/Heat though. Honestly, I'd rather see a good series than playground basketball with CP3 flopping all over the place.

Utd7
03-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Heat vs Spurs again. My sleeper team in the west is Golden State but they need the right matchup in the early round to have a chance at the Finals.

Dade County
03-07-2014, 07:38 PM
HEAT vs someone.

HEAT win in scripted fashion, then the credits roll... The End

KnicksorBust
03-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Heat over Warriors. (Or Rockets if they trade Asik).

I've become a huge mark for the Clippers lately but I gotta ride or die with this prediction.

mightybosstone
03-07-2014, 09:49 PM
God I hope not. I'd be bored out of my mind in that series. I'd much prefer Heat/Spurs or Pacers/Thunder to that matchup. Too much fundamental basketball and defense to be entertaining and not a single top 5 guy among either team.

I've become a huge mark for the Clippers lately but I gotta ride or die with this prediction.
The Warriors? C'mon bro. That's a pretty weak prediction at this point.

Hawkeye15
03-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Heat/Thunder

KnicksorBust
03-07-2014, 11:43 PM
God I hope not. I'd be bored out of my mind in that series. I'd much prefer Heat/Spurs or Pacers/Thunder to that matchup. Too much fundamental basketball and defense to be entertaining and not a single top 5 guy among either team.

The Warriors? C'mon bro. That's a pretty weak prediction at this point.

Great predictions tend to look weak to the untrainded eye...

How bout we make things interesting? If the Warriors are so bad, this bet should be a no brainer for you. If the Spurs make the Finals, I wear sigs of your choosing for a month. If the Warriors make the Finals you wear sigs of my choosing for a year?

mightybosstone
03-07-2014, 11:57 PM
Great predictions tend to look weak to the untrainded eye...

How bout we make things interesting? If the Warriors are so bad, this bet should be a no brainer for you. If the Spurs make the Finals, I wear sigs of your choosing for a month. If the Warriors make the Finals you wear sigs of my choosing for a year?

I'm not really much for sig bets, but I'd do it if only because I really think it's extremely unlikely the Warriors accomplish that. They'd have to win three straight series without HCA. There's just no way that happens without at least one significant injury to one of the top 3-4 teams in the West.

Bruno
03-08-2014, 01:56 AM
whoever gets HCA in the east vs. OKC. Miami has more momentum right now than Indy but the Lakers were dominant at the end of the 2011 regular season too (winning 17 of 18 at one point). they ran out of steam at the start of the post season trying to get to the finals four years in a row.

RocketLoc80
03-08-2014, 09:57 AM
whoever gets HCA in the east vs. OKC. Miami has more momentum right now than Indy but the Lakers were dominant at the end of the 2011 regular season too (winning 17 of 18 at one point). they ran out of steam at the start of the post season trying to get to the finals four years in a row.

So who you think wins it all this year?

DillyDill
03-08-2014, 10:18 AM
I'm really hoping for KD vs Bron Part 2

RocketLoc80
03-08-2014, 10:24 AM
I'm really hoping for KD vs Bron Part 2

I am not want Spurs or Clippers vs Heat . But who do you think wins if KD vs Bron happens. I just hate you all making this out to be a rivalry

DillyDill
03-08-2014, 10:42 AM
I am not want Spurs or Clippers vs Heat . But who do you think wins if KD vs Bron happens. I just hate you all making this out to be a rivalry

Yea me neither no other west conf team but OKC for me. I want this rivalry to be Larry/Magic of this era and a dogfight to the very end with KD capturing his first

RocketLoc80
03-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Yea me neither no other west conf team but OKC for me. I want this rivalry to be Larry/Magic of this era and a dogfight to the very end with KD capturing his first

so you think if kd wins his first lebron will be done winning. But I meant to say i rather see Spurs or Clippers in the finals than Thunder

benzni
03-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Clippers vs Pacers

ApoelUltras
03-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Oklahoma - Pacers

NoahH
03-08-2014, 12:51 PM
MIAMI vs. LAC... Miami in 6

teecoop29
03-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Houston and pacers

DillyDill
03-08-2014, 04:53 PM
so you think if kd wins his first lebron will be done winning. But I meant to say i rather see Spurs or Clippers in the finals than Thunder

No not at all. If Bron loses I think he'll come back next year and win. But for these two to truly be a rivalry KD has to win 1 atleast. If Bron 3peats than 4peats that's just domaintion.

mjm07
03-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Heat vs Clips

jerellh528
03-13-2014, 06:33 AM
Spurs super quietly are holding the NBA's best record. God that franchise is so damn consistent

Chrisclover
03-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Miami vs OKC rematch. Miami wins it in 6.

Indiana loses to Miami in 7 in the ECFs.
Pacers fans will be heartbroken if that happens for 3 consecutive years.
I see Heat will have a harder time than ever before when vs Pacers ,who adds that notoriously finicky but still functioning low-post beast Bynum ,and the young and explosive versatile guy Turner ,who was the leader of 76ers earlier this season.
If the official shows no partiality ,Heat is in real trouble.

Chrisclover
03-13-2014, 07:52 AM
Spurs super quietly are holding the NBA's best record. God that franchise is so damn consistent
But when they were against title contenders ,they were not doing well enough to justify their best record now,which probably is a indication of aging .

kdspurman
03-13-2014, 09:18 AM
But when they were against title contenders ,they were not doing well enough to justify their best record now,which probably is a indication of aging .

They weren't doing well but a big reason was due to injuries. Now they're healthy. What happened earlier in the season doesn't really really mean anything. It's about how you play in the playoffs and heading into the playoffs, and most of all being healthy. Right now, things are starting to come together at the best time.

Chrisclover
03-13-2014, 09:24 AM
They weren't doing well but a big reason was due to injuries. Now they're healthy. What happened earlier in the season doesn't really really mean anything. It's about how you play in the playoffs and heading into the playoffs, and most of all being healthy. Right now, things are starting to come together at the best time.
I actually appreciate the Spurs a lot and hope they have a deep run in the playoffs.Parker is cool ,Duncan is a legend ,Manu is a versatile fighter,etc...and Coach Pop

Oldmantrash
03-13-2014, 11:15 AM
Nets-Rockets :)

hey ya never know

Chrisclover
03-15-2014, 05:18 AM
Nets-Rockets :)

hey ya never know
Then wager it on Vegas :)
hey ya never know

Chrisclover
03-15-2014, 07:44 AM
Do you remember that in 2011, Spurs got eliminated by Grizzlies in the 1st round ?What happened in the regular season actually is telling something.They were old and relied on 3pts,which put them in dilemma when the D got tougher in the playoffs.
But now they have a younger roster than before so the aging problem is partially addressed.Green ,Leonard and some other guys are revitalizing this team ,especially when GDP are having a rest.Pop really has some sort of magic to manage this .:clap: But in deed the aging problem is a underlying bomb.GDP is like vintage cars, which are decent but need to be protected from being over-used.If any of them gets twisted ankle or even worse ,get bone broken ,it is slower than young men to get fully recovered.
I would say they may end their journey in the WCF this year.

SPURSFAN1
03-15-2014, 01:46 PM
Do you remember that in 2011, Spurs got eliminated by Grizzlies in the 1st round ?What happened in the regular season actually is telling something.They were old and relied on 3pts,which put them in dilemma when the D got tougher in the playoffs.
But now they have a younger roster than before so the aging problem is partially addressed.Green ,Leonard and some other guys are revitalizing this team ,especially when GDP are having a rest.Pop really has some sort of magic to manage this .:clap: But in deed the aging problem is a underlying bomb.GDP is like vintage cars, which are decent but need to be protected from being over-used.If any of them gets twisted ankle or even worse ,get bone broken ,it is slower than young men to get fully recovered.
I would say they may end their journey in the WCF this year.

We lost because Manu broke his freaking arm on the last day of the regular season. He was our best player that year and I think we might have gotten 62 wins that year. Grizz win first game without Manu playing and. Then we win the rest of our home games but end up losing because Manu coudln''t shoot correctly. We didn't lose because defense was harder or because we were old. That's nonsense.

kdspurman
03-15-2014, 03:15 PM
We lost because Manu broke his freaking arm on the last day of the regular season. He was our best player that year and I think we might have gotten 62 wins that year. Grizz win first game without Manu playing and. Then we win the rest of our home games but end up losing because Manu coudln''t shoot correctly. We didn't lose because defense was harder or because we were old. That's nonsense.

That team was not strong defensively. I mean we had Duncan paired up with either Blair or McDyess, and even Bonner/Blair at times. That won't get it done against Z-Bo/Gasol. We also had Jefferson starting at the 3. That's why they couldn't win in Memphis, they couldn't get timely stops. Pop didn't play Splitter much that season which was frustrating. Honestly, if Manu is healthy there's a good chance we win that series, but it's tough to get far with a mediocre defense. We were ranked outside the top 10 defensively that year despite being 2nd offensively.

P&GRealist
03-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Rematch of last yrs finals. This time, Spurs in 6.

SPURSFAN1
03-15-2014, 03:19 PM
That team was not strong defensively. I mean we had Duncan paired up with either Blair or McDyess, and even Bonner/Blair at times. That won't get it done against Z-Bo/Gasol. We also had Jefferson starting at the 3. That's why they couldn't win in Memphis, they couldn't get timely stops. Pop didn't play Splitter much that season which was frustrating. Honestly, if Manu is healthy there's a good chance we win that series, but it's tough to get far with a mediocre defense. We were ranked outside the top 10 defensively that year despite being 2nd offensively.

I didn't say they were going to win it all. We still had a good team that year. No way we would lose to the grizz though.

lol, please
03-15-2014, 03:44 PM
Warriors over Pacers in the finals.

kdspurman
03-15-2014, 03:49 PM
I didn't say they were going to win it all. We still had a good team that year. No way we would lose to the grizz though.

Yea.. It would've been a battle. Memphis had a certain swagger about them going in and falling to 8 purposely to play the Spurs.

P&GRealist
03-15-2014, 03:53 PM
Warriors over Pacers in the finals.

Warriors are atleast 2 yrs away from being contenders like Spurs, OKC and Clippers. Right now, they are exciting pretenders.

Goose17
03-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Warriors are atleast 2 yrs away from being contenders like Spurs, OKC and Clippers. Right now, they are exciting pretenders.

Warriors are every bit as good as the Clippers.

RLundi
03-15-2014, 04:00 PM
Heat-Clippers.

Miami in 6.

Jasper6
03-15-2014, 04:35 PM
Heat-Rockets

Rockets in 7.

Jasper6
03-15-2014, 04:37 PM
I don't know how anyone believes that the Pacers will actually beat the Heat.

Cut the hate, eliminate the bias and the Heat are still going all the way.

Chrisclover
03-15-2014, 10:19 PM
I don't know how anyone believes that the Pacers will actually beat the Heat.

Cut the hate, eliminate the bias and the Heat are still going all the way.
If Turner and Bynum mesh with the Pacers well,they get the upper hand.Bosh will be flanked by 2 7fter Hibbert and Bynum.Maybe now the X factor is Oden ,who has not played quite a while recently

NBA_Starter
03-15-2014, 10:27 PM
The Heat look bad recently, I can't believe they passed up on Bynum.

kdspurman
03-15-2014, 10:38 PM
The Heat look bad recently, I can't believe they passed up on Bynum.

I think Spo should consider getting Lebron some rest. He's played a lot of ball the last 3 years. Sure you might lose a game here or there cause of it but you will get a rested Lebron for the final stretch and in the playoffs.