PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong to be a Female who love basketball??

kobebabe
01-17-2014, 01:31 PM
I have to start by saying YES I am a real girl on PSD and YES I LOVE basketball.
I have had guys here on PSD who calls me fake and who say there are no real females on PSD. I have to say I am a bit disappointed by that. It made me start wondering if I am weird for loving the sport. I have to admit I don't come across many females talking about BB. However, I am always encouraged by female celebrities who attend games since it makes me feel it is ok to like the sport.
So is it wrong to be a female who love bb? Would you be ok if your wife/girlfriend was a bb fanatic? Be honest

JasonJohnHorn
01-17-2014, 01:33 PM
It's all good in my book!

MrfadeawayJB
01-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Well Mzgrizz (my fellow grizz fan) is active here on psd. I really enjoy her posts in the grizz forum.

But back to your question, No I don't think its weird for females to like basketball. However there is usually a stereotype of what kind of girls have sports knowledge. As for me, I wouldn't mind a girlfriend who has some fundamental knowledge about sports in general, but I do think if she knew as much as me or more, it might be a turnoff for me personally

D-Leethal
01-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Chicks who dig hoops are sexy as hell in my book. Similar to accents, the ability to talk hoops can turn a 6 into an 8 and a 7 to a 9.

Ebbs
01-17-2014, 01:40 PM
I feel like if you're a girl you're currently single and you're on PSD striving to get attention from men? I don't think all women who like sports are fishing for attention from men; to be clear this thread just screams that to me.

BrandoCommando
01-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Nothing wrong with it at all.

MonroeFAN
01-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Plz post pics for us to judge.

(kidding)

No, I don't think there's anything wrong with a girl who loves hoops. Seems like a lot of girls on the west coast enjoy it. Around me, most of the women like hockey and baseball, and it's very unattractive to me. My girl will watch basketball with me, but she's not actually a fan.

D-Leethal
01-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Plz post pics for us to judge.

(kidding)

No, I don't think there's anything wrong with a girl who loves hoops. Seems like a lot of girls on the west coast enjoy it. Around me, most of the women like hockey and baseball, and it's very unattractive to me. My girl will watch basketball with me, but she's not actually a fan.

It is weird. I know chicks in LA who are HUGE Laker fans. I know chicks in AZ that bleed Wildcat basketball. Out here all the chicks just pretend to be Yankee fans.

ghettosean
01-17-2014, 01:43 PM
I have to start by saying YES I am a real girl on PSD and YES I LOVE basketball.
I have had guys here on PSD who calls me fake and who say there are no real females on PSD. I have to say I am a bit disappointed by that. It made me start wondering if I am weird for loving the sport. I have to admit I don't come across many females talking about BB. However, I am always encouraged by female celebrities who attend games since it makes me feel it is ok to like the sport.
So is it wrong to be a female who love bb? Would you be ok if your wife/girlfriend was a bb fanatic? Be honest

Yes that would be extremely hot!

Raps18-19 Champ
01-17-2014, 01:50 PM
Yes.

DreamShaker
01-17-2014, 02:06 PM
I might have said something, and I was COMPLETELY joking. There have been, and still are, great female posters here on PSD. My wife loves basketball, and it's awesome. We watch every game together, and just went to see another game in person with friends yesterday. We play basketball trivia on long car rides and have a huge collection of NBA stuff we have all gotten together. You are awesome for liking basketball, and are an even better catch for a dude who shares your passion. Chin up, you are cool. Sorry if my joke came off as offensive, it wasn't meant to be.

Chronz
01-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Totally depends on how pretty you are. NBA standards arent as high as NFL but you cant be no ugly hockey chik.

conway429
01-17-2014, 02:15 PM
obviously it's cool, why would that not be okay?? stop looking for attention.

omdigga
01-17-2014, 02:21 PM
if by "basketball" you mean cooking and cleaning.. then yes, it is ok.

2-ONE-5
01-17-2014, 02:32 PM
weird question. why would anyone have a problem with girls liking any sport? its just not common to find many female hardcore fans who are willing or able to have an in depth discussion about it

kobebabe
01-17-2014, 02:34 PM
I feel like if you're a girl you're currently single and you're on PSD striving to get attention from men? I don't think all women who like sports are fishing for attention from men; to be clear this thread just screams that to me.

Your comments are dead wrong and extremely judgmental. First, I am engaged and about to get married to someone who love the game as much as I do. So I am definitely not single. Secondly, I am very far from someone who like to seek attention. That has never been me and never will be. You can't judge someone based on a single post

THE MTL
01-17-2014, 02:35 PM
If I found a female who liked the knicks as much as I did and she looked half way decent and can cook, I would marry her. And I'm not kidding.

DreamShaker
01-17-2014, 02:38 PM
weird question. why would anyone have a problem with girls liking any sport? its just not common to find many female hardcore fans who are willing or able to have an in depth discussion about it

Some macho dudes will totally dismiss a female's opinion if he views the topic to be a "manly" topic. As I stated, I love it, but some guys are just animals. True story.

Jenceman
01-17-2014, 02:38 PM

That's pretty judgmental off of one post.

kobebabe
01-17-2014, 02:40 PM
obviously it's cool, why would that not be okay?? stop looking for attention.

As I said to another poster, I am far from being an attention seeker. Just wanted to hear from my fellow PSD fans since I have been told over and over that I can't be female since there are no real females here.

DreamShaker
01-17-2014, 02:40 PM
If I found a female who liked the knicks as much as I did and she looked half way decent and can cook, I would marry her. And I'm not kidding.

I love my wife for totally different reasons, but it is a huge bonus to eat her delicious cooking as we watch Rockets games together.

kobebabe
01-17-2014, 02:42 PM
That's pretty judgmental off of one post.

This!

still1ballin
01-17-2014, 02:45 PM
we need pics

Max.This
01-17-2014, 02:46 PM
My girlfriend is not a basketball fan, but a huge kobe fan. Went to a knicks , lakers game and i almost took her head off. It doesnt even make sense, hes not even cute.

NYCkid12
01-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Your comments are dead wrong and extremely judgmental. First, I am engaged and about to get married to someone who love the game as much as I do. So I am definitely not single. Secondly, I am very far from someone who like to seek attention. That has never been me and never will be. You can't judge someone based on a single post

I cant believe this is actually a thread.....

You said your engaged so I am assuming your an adult; this sounds like something a 13 yr old would be asking ... Whether it is the case or not it sounds like your begging for attention here.

You really are asking if it is okay for a woman to love basketball ? Like I can't believe the ignorance of this question. People can like/dislike, love/hate, whatever the hell they want, and if people don't agree with it then who gives a ****.

Grow up

Lakers + Giants
01-17-2014, 02:56 PM
I would get eargams listening to a chick talk about the lakers.

What's not to like?!

Pistol_Pete
01-17-2014, 03:00 PM
Why would somebody dislike it if their wife or girlfriend or friend who's a girl like basketball? Why would it be wrong? It's not.

It's just that men are predominantly the ones who view most professional sports, basketball included, so most guys automatically make the assumption that a female doesn't like sports, or, at the very least, doesn't like male dominated sports.

N3TS
01-17-2014, 03:01 PM
I think I speak for most basketball fans when I say I would be ecstatic if my gf or wife was as crazy about basketball as most of us on PSD are. Female basketball fans are all good, I don't get what the big deal is? If this is even a real issue?

kobebabe
01-17-2014, 03:03 PM

You said your engaged so I am assuming your an adult; this sounds like something a 13 yr old would be asking ... Whether it is the case or not it sounds like your begging for attention here.

You really are asking if it is okay for a woman to love basketball ? Like I can't believe the ignorance of this question. People can like/dislike, love/hate, whatever the hell they want, and if people don't agree with it then who gives a ****.

Grow up

Not gonna get into an argument with you. You have the right to believe what you want to believe and you have the right to say whatever you wonna say. Same case with me. I have the right to post whatever I want to post. End of story. Nice day

NYCkid12
01-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Not gonna get into an argument with you. You have the right to believe what you want to believe and you have the right to say whatever you wonna say. Same case with me. I have the right to post whatever I want to post. End of story. Nice day

I just can't believe your really asking if it is okay for a girl to love basketball ....... How is this even a question in your mind

macc
01-17-2014, 03:28 PM
Why.is.this.a.thread.

COOLbeans
01-17-2014, 03:28 PM
How could they not like basketball?

bleedprple&gold
01-17-2014, 03:33 PM
I wish my gf liked basketball then she wouldn't complain and keep asking "is it over yet?" when I'm watching Laker games (although can't blame her this season)

Ebbs
01-17-2014, 03:43 PM
lol

NYKnickFanatic
01-17-2014, 03:53 PM
Is it okay for a guy to like cooking/cleaning?

PhillyFaninLA
01-17-2014, 03:55 PM

Like what you like and don't worry about what others think. Find like minded people and enjoy.

shep33
01-17-2014, 03:57 PM
Awesome :cheers:

Slug3
01-17-2014, 04:00 PM
Anything to do with anything on the internet should not be taken too serious. People love to troll anyone because they can. Just love and enjoy what you want. Of you want to talk about it here then do so. Just know that there will be people who don't believe you or care what you have to say. Just look past that. Some of us enjoy talking bball.

Ebbs
01-17-2014, 04:08 PM
Is it okay for a guy to like cooking/cleaning?

:laugh:

NYKnickFanatic
01-17-2014, 04:09 PM

Shut them up. Write down username, take pic with username, post.

The end.

ManRam
01-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Why in the hell would it be wrong?

Just gotta do you.

Ebbs
01-17-2014, 04:42 PM
My girlfriend likes football hates basketball. It's a decent compromise.

ChiTownPacerFan
01-17-2014, 04:43 PM
It's not attention seeking, it's approval seeking. If you're old enough to be engaged, then you knew exactly what reaction you were going to get (especially on a sports forum, ffs!). If you went to a forum about cars, and said "is it wrong to be a girl and like loves cars", or a video game forum and said "is it wrong to be a girl who loves video games", you'd get the same reactions.

It's just like when a really good looking girl posts a picture of herself and asks if she's ugly.

Look, we all need a little positive reinforcement know and then, just try to be a little more subtle when you go fishing.

OKC
01-17-2014, 05:02 PM
its ok unless youre Doris Burke

championships
01-17-2014, 05:09 PM
My manhood is fully secure so I am not threatened by Woman who love sports. I like it a lot actually. It is a lot of fun to go to bars or games, take shots, and just enjoy your time.

Would you guys prefer that nagging chic who gives you crap for watching sports cause it takes attention away from them?

John Walls Era
01-17-2014, 05:22 PM
No its not wrong, but its wrong to make a big deal about it. Who gives a **** if you're a female, you don't have to tell us either.

Wade#Heat
01-17-2014, 06:04 PM

Grow up

Truth. Anyone can like basketball.. It's almost as if these Internet "girls" get a rise out of constant reiteration of calling themselves a girl and the positive response it evokes from some guys on here (no offense)

sunsfan88
01-17-2014, 06:17 PM
Not weird at all. I know plenty of girls who are big basketball fans. Some very hot ones too.

Maybe they don't over analyze and don't look at PER and Win Shares and PER 36 of players etc but they still watch and have a very good basic understanding of basketball.

b@llhog24
01-17-2014, 09:13 PM
To echo what everybody else is saying in here. It's obviously okay and preferred that my girl likes basketball (although it would slightly bug me if she liked it more than me seeing as how obsessive I can be sometimes). It's just not the "norm" so people feel threatened by it.

Kyben36
01-17-2014, 09:19 PM
totatly, you should hate yourself. LOL. i dont understand if this is serious, i would love a chick who i could talk Basketball with.

cvburg
01-17-2014, 09:25 PM
Would trade my girl in a sec....I have had to turn off UNC games to let teen mom record lol

5ass
01-17-2014, 09:36 PM
Yes its wrong. I think you should consider suicide.

NYKnickFanatic
01-17-2014, 09:49 PM
No its not wrong, but its wrong to make a big deal about it. Who gives a **** if you're a female, you don't have to tell us either.

Lmao

jaydubb
01-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Some of you guys are being immature.. Its a legit question, I don't think the OP was referring directly to herself (although she was obviously including herself) in this discussion but was more of a question about all women in general liking basketball and if it was considered acceptable. There is a wide variety of answers here, I think most have very strong opinions whether it is no, or yes because they think its "sexy" for some reason..

I do think the judgment comments need to stop as I doubt anyone here actually knows the op personally..

My opinion on the matter is it is definitely acceptable. I love women because they give a completely different input on things then men do.

Jenceman
01-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Truth. Anyone can like basketball.. It's almost as if these Internet "girls" get a rise out of constant reiteration of calling themselves a girl and the positive response it evokes from some guys on here (no offense)

But there hasn't been all positive responses, people right away are saying **** like attention whore, we need pics, etc.

Look at how immature all the guys are being. The problem isn't girls on the internet on sports forums, it's the idiocy of the dudes around them. Same thing goes with girls who like videogames. God forbid a girl plays online multiplayer anything, all they'll ever hear is "**** OR GTFO". I can see why OP made the thread.

Trueblue2
01-17-2014, 09:57 PM
It's perfectly fine. It's just that most of the time when I talk to a girl IRL who follows basketball and I bring up things like the MLE, Free Agency, and the luxury tax they have no ****ing clue what I'm talking about... To be fair this happens a lot with guys as well, but at least there's a select few that understand the game from multiple aspects that I can have an actual conversation with. It just catches people by surprise when a girl knows her ****.

kobebabe
01-17-2014, 11:42 PM
But there hasn't been all positive responses, people right away are saying **** like attention whore, we need pics, etc.

Look at how immature all the guys are being. The problem isn't girls on the internet on sports forums, it's the idiocy of the dudes around them. Same thing goes with girls who like videogames. God forbid a girl plays online multiplayer anything, all they'll ever hear is "**** OR GTFO". I can see why OP made the thread.

I couldn't have said it better!

kobebabe
01-17-2014, 11:44 PM
Some of you guys are being immature.. Its a legit question, I don't think the OP was referring directly to herself (although she was obviously including herself) in this discussion but was more of a question about all women in general liking basketball and if it was considered acceptable. There is a wide variety of answers here, I think most have very strong opinions whether it is no, or yes because they think its "sexy" for some reason..

I do think the judgment comments need to stop as I doubt anyone here actually knows the op personally..

My opinion on the matter is it is definitely acceptable. I love women because they give a completely different input on things then men do.

Hope all those negative minded people that jumped into judgmental conclusions read your post!

ChiTownPacerFan
01-18-2014, 12:14 AM

Except, no, it isn't a legit question. And, if it were a legit question, the NBA section of a sports forum wouldn't be the effing place to ask it. Clearly, we're all going to like the the idea of a chick that loves basketball. The reason for the negative responses was the silly nature of the question, not the fact that any dude here isn't cool with a girl being into basketball. Again, anyone with an IQ over 65 and any semblance of an understanding of the world would know that male basketball fans love the idea of a girl who likes the game. This thread was phenomenally silly from the jump.

Wide variety of answers!! What? The only people that have said it's not okay were CLEARLY joking.

This is so spurious. Again, the negative reaction has nothing to do with her liking basketball! It's about her basically starting a thread called, "I'm a girl and I like basketball, everyone tell me how awesome I am" (incidentally, it is really cool that you're a girl and you like basketball, I wish I could get my girlfriend to like any sports).

The video game analogy doesn't make sense either. People are jerks over the internet. That has nothing to do with guys disapproving of girls liking basketball. I can't believe people are actually debating the validity of this thread.

LJEATON26
01-18-2014, 01:35 AM
I wish i could get my wife to like sports. It would make my life a hell of a lot easier.

tredigs
01-18-2014, 02:23 AM
Pics or you don't exist.

tredigs
01-18-2014, 02:24 AM
But, seriously? No. Dumb question.

Blitzace137
01-18-2014, 02:26 AM
Would trade my girl in a sec....I have had to turn off UNC games to let teen mom record lol

Lmao this had me dying. I feel your pain.

EL_MACHETE
01-18-2014, 03:04 AM

I find it attracted that a girl who loves Basketball. I for one do not mind at all

By the way, What's sup Sweetheart :)

5ass
01-18-2014, 03:19 AM
Lmao

COOLbeans
01-18-2014, 03:42 AM
My girlfriend likes football hates basketball. It's a decent compromise.

Dumb