PDA

View Full Version : Rio 2016... Who do you got?

Drummond#1
01-17-2014, 06:34 AM
What are your early predictions for the 2016 Men's US Basketball Team? There are 12 slots. Here are mine:

PG: John Wall/Steph Curry/CP3
SG: Paul George/James Harden
SF: Durant/Lebron
PF: Kevin Love/Anthony Davis/Blake
C: DMC/Dwight

I think at least three players will miss the Olympics due to injury or not getting to start. Probably Steph, 31 year old LBJ and Dwight.

Three alternates: Derozan, Klay Thompson and Drummond

Coach: Frank Vogel
Assts: Dwayne Casey, Jeff Hornacek and Mark Jackson

sunsfan88
01-17-2014, 06:49 AM
I'm sorry but I have to say this...what do you think European players who are taught to flop before learning how to dribble a ball will say about Harden's flopping? :p

No but seriously, gonna be weird not seeing Kobe in it.

And Melo's definitely getting in. Unless he voluntarily doesn't wanna go.

Lillard over Curry and Wall for me but I can see others seeing it differently.

Drummond#1
01-17-2014, 07:00 AM
Yeah... Mamba will most likely be retired by then. Not sure about Melo... He will still have the name recognition though. I agree that Lilliard definitely has the best skill set. He reminds me a lot of a young Billups.

Chrisclover
01-17-2014, 09:54 AM
Klay Tompson is a Canadian if i am not mistaken

LanceUpperCut
01-17-2014, 10:19 AM

Your mistaken

ManningToTyree
01-17-2014, 10:32 AM
Melo was a huge part of the last squad ( lead them in scoring I believe). I'd be suprised if he isn't on the roster

chi-townlove1
01-17-2014, 10:38 AM
Rose will be on if thibs is still coaching

koreancabbage
01-17-2014, 10:40 AM
What are your early predictions for the 2016 Men's US Basketball Team? There are 12 slots. Here are mine:

PG: John Wall/Steph Curry/CP3
SG: Paul George/James Harden
SF: Durant/Lebron
PF: Kevin Love/Anthony Davis/Blake
C: DMC/Dwight

I think at least three players will miss the Olympics due to injury or not getting to start. Probably Steph, 31 year old LBJ and Dwight.

Three alternates: Derozan, Klay Thompson and Drummond

Coach: Frank Vogel
Assts: Dwayne Casey, Jeff Hornacek and Mark Jackson

Drummond won't sniff Olympics until he he has offensively moves on offence and can shoot a free throw.

I got maybe dmc, dwight, Hibbert, horford, and Noah as the candidates for the center position. All of whom are better and have seen plenty of playoff action (cept dmc)

Jetsguy
01-17-2014, 11:00 AM
Kyrie Irving?

I would say LBJ/Melo/KD/CP3/D12 barring injury are locks

2-ONE-5
01-17-2014, 11:11 AM
dont see Wall on this team. By 2016 I would imagine Lillard and MCW will be there.

shep33
01-17-2014, 11:22 AM

You're thinking of Tristan Thompson

Tony_Starks
01-17-2014, 12:19 PM
I don't see Wall making it and CP3 will probably be trying to save his body from the wear and tear. I'd put Kyrie and Lillard in there.

Melo instead of Harden. And possibly Lamarcus Aldridge over one of the PF's....

WARRIORS@GR
01-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Drummond won't sniff Olympics until he he has offensively moves on offence and can shoot a free throw.

I got maybe dmc, dwight, Hibbert, horford, and Noah as the candidates for the center position. All of whom are better and have seen plenty of playoff action (cept dmc)Horford and Noah are not from the US.They are already playing in other national teams.

ManningToTyree
01-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Rose will be on if thibs is still coaching given his injuries you can't really pencil him in until he proves he can play like he did before and stay healthy.

Legendary33
01-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Horford and Noah are not from the US.They are already playing in other national teams.

Hibbert also isn't eligible to play for USA unless they can get around the paper work which they are trying very hard to do

Kaner
01-17-2014, 02:55 PM
Assuming no one skips because of health scare

pg: CP3/ Kyrie/ Curry
sg: George/ Harden/ Durant
sf: Durant/ Lebron/ Melo
pf: Lebron/ Love/ Blake Griffin
C: Davis/ Dwight/ DMC

DreamShaker
01-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Not sure that Wall makes it. I would rather have CP3, Curry, Kyrie, Lillard, Westbrook, and possibly Lawson or MCW over him.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-17-2014, 03:25 PM

I got maybe dmc, dwight, Hibbert, horford, and Noah as the candidates for the center position. All of whom are better and have seen plenty of playoff action (cept dmc)

Noah plays for France, Horford for DR and Hibbert for Jamaica.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-17-2014, 03:26 PM
C-Davis, Love, Blake
F-Lebron, George
F-Durant, Harden
G-Curry, Westbrook
G-Paul, Wall, Irving

sunsfan88
01-17-2014, 04:32 PM

No that's his step brother Tristian who plays for the Cavs.

pebloemer
01-17-2014, 04:50 PM
Assuming no one skips because of health scare

pg: CP3/ Kyrie/ Curry
sg: George/ Harden/ Durant
sf: Durant/ Lebron/ Melo
pf: Lebron/ Love/ Blake Griffin
C: Davis/ Dwight/ DMC

As of right now this seems sensible. Although I'm sure injuries and breakouts will change the script.

tredigs
01-17-2014, 04:57 PM
Starters:

PG: Curry
SG: P. George
SF: Durant
PF: Lebron
C: A. Davis

koreancabbage
01-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Noah plays for France, Horford for DR and Hibbert for Jamaica.

my bad. well then. I apologize.

i don't see any other better options. Dwight, DMC and whole bunch of power forwards then. Al Jefferson, Brook Lopez? Chris Bosh?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-17-2014, 06:34 PM
my bad. well then. I apologize.

i don't see any other better options. Dwight, DMC and whole bunch of power forwards then. Al Jefferson, Brook Lopez? Chris Bosh?

They'll probably go with 3 big men (only 2 will be important part of rotation though). They'll have SF's play the PF spot for the Olympics probably.

Riodagoat
01-17-2014, 07:23 PM
Why would Vogel be coaching that team?

Fnom11
01-18-2014, 12:05 AM
Vogel should not EVER coach for the USA.

Drummond#1
01-18-2014, 04:28 AM
Why would Vogel be coaching that team?

Because he is one one the best coaches in the NBA and will most likely have at least one championship by then.

He's had a much bigger challenge than Erik "the rat" Spoelstra.

Riodagoat
01-18-2014, 04:34 AM
Because he is one one the best coaches in the NBA and will most likely have at least one championship by then.

He's had a much bigger challenge to Erik "the rat" Spoelstra.

They both suck. You would be dumb to pick any of those two to coach for the Olympics. Either Pop or Doc. Hell, I'd take Doug Collins over Spoelstra and Vogel any day.

kobe4thewinbang
01-18-2014, 04:46 AM
LOL, way too early for this s--t. Melo played great last time around. I'd like to see Curry.

TylerSL
01-18-2014, 01:12 PM
A little early but my guess is it will be something like

PG. Steph/Westbrook/CP3
SG. Harden/George
SF.KD/Melo
PF.Lebron/Love/Blake
C. Davis/Cousins

J_M_B
01-18-2014, 02:12 PM
Little early for this but

Curry/Paul
George/Westbrook/Harden
Durant/Melo
LeBron/Love
Davis/Dwight/Cousins

Giving Melo a spot even though we shouldn't be surprised if someone from the class of '14 makes this roster

Really early though

PurpleLynch
01-18-2014, 02:12 PM
I'd like to see Curry/Lillard/Wall(I don't think CP3 will be in it in 2016)
Harden/George/Thompson;
KD/Melo/Leonard;
James(dunno if he wants to play at the Olympics)/Love/Blake;Cousins/Howard/Davis(Hibbert when he'll be ok to go with the USA team)

Too much early anyway,we have one great draft coming and 2 years will be a long time for a player,so plenty of things can happen.

mdm692
01-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Taking into consideration talent alone I'll say

Rose/CP3/Steph
PG/Westbrook
Durant/Harden
Lebron/Blake
Dwight/Love/Davis

Taking into consideration injuries and all other possible factors I'll say

Kyrie/Westbrook/Wall
PG/Stephenson
Durant/Harden
Lebron/Blake
Davis/Love/Jordan

I don't want to jynx them but I can see CP3, Curry, Rose and Dwight coming down with injuries that can cause them to miss out or just as a precautionary tactic like Amare a few years ago.

Pierre The Poet
01-22-2014, 04:15 AM
I don't want someone like John Wall that can't even make the playoffs

TrueFan420
01-22-2014, 04:28 AM
Curry definitely starts over wall... Dude the 3 PT line is even closer in euro ball... Curry will be deadly.

Sadds The Gr8
01-22-2014, 04:33 AM
Canada's gonna wax that ***

TrueFan420
01-22-2014, 04:42 AM
Canada's gonna wax that ***

Why did you *** the word car?

RipCity32
01-22-2014, 08:43 PM

He's sniffing it :laugh2:

Vincent Ellis: Source: Drummond will be named to USA Basketball pool of players to compete for WC (2014) and Olympic (2016) spots. #Pistons Twitter @Vincent_Ellis56

GunFactor187
01-22-2014, 08:49 PM
A little off the topic here but I love the fact that guys like Noah and Horford are playing for other countries. Brings a little bit more parity into the competition. Granted seeing the US dominate is fun but I'd definitely like to see a highly competitive game. I really hope Hibbert will play for Jamaica.

koreancabbage
01-22-2014, 09:22 PM
He's sniffing it :laugh2:

Vincent Ellis: Source: Drummond will be named to USA Basketball pool of players to compete for WC (2014) and Olympic (2016) spots. #Pistons Twitter @Vincent_Ellis56

lol and I forgot Anthony Davis as well. lots of talented young bigs, Drummond included. Based on basketball skill - i would still not take Drummond over Love, Howard, Cousins, or Anthony Davis or even Blake Griffin. But i guess for 2016, 2 years from now, Drummond could be that defacto player for USA, though i doubt it bc he'll only be 22/23?

koreancabbage
01-22-2014, 09:23 PM
A little off the topic here but I love the fact that guys like Noah and Horford are playing for other countries. Brings a little bit more parity into the competition. Granted seeing the US dominate is fun but I'd definitely like to see a highly competitive game. I really hope Hibbert will play for Jamaica.

SPAIN :drool:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-22-2014, 10:09 PM
PG: Curry/Kyrie/Lillard
SG: Harden/Westbrook? Beal?
SF: Durant/George
PF: Love/Blake/LMA
C: Davis/Dwight

Just a rough guess without putting too much thought into it. I'm pretty sure LeBron said he's done playing on the international level, and Kobe said the other day he's done with the Olympics. And IIRC, I'm pretty sure Coach K said he's coming back as well.