PDA

View Full Version : LeBron's Night...meh

tr3ymill3r
01-16-2014, 11:11 AM
I already know this will ultimately turn into a bash LeBron thread, but I hope for at least a few pages it doesn't get into that.

With that being said, how he is going to say just wait and watch Wednesday night and still shoot 8-18 with 25 points, 8 boards and 7 assists with 4 turnovers. I was expecting a huge night. If he is going to say just wait til Wednesday night against a lowly Wizards team he needed to have a ridiculous night. 40 points isn't too much to ask of him. I am more interested in the fact that they lost, while he was proclaiming to have an amazing game.

LeBron is a beast, and without an argument the best player in the league. Why say you're going to go off on the Wizards? It's as if the Globetrotters said we are guaranteeing a win against the Generals tomorrow night.

This is not an attempt to troll, but rather point out the fact that he called out a sub-par team and didn't show up. Just because he finally got his rings, doesn't mean he is off limits when it comes to this type of stuff.

Don't run your mouth and put on that type of display. I was excited to watch a Heat vs Wizards game solely based on the fact that I expected to see something special, and I was let down and I bet I wasn't the only one who was deceived.

Now haters are going to hate and I probably put way to much food out for the trolls.

Tony_Starks
01-16-2014, 11:21 AM
That's not hating. If KD, Melo, or anybody else basically threatened to go off on a garbage team and not only didnt but lost the game we'd call them on it too.

The difference is they don't talk about it, they just drop 40 like its nothing....

mightybosstone
01-16-2014, 11:21 AM
C'mon dude. This is a non-story. First off, I didn't even know he said this, but even if I had, I could hardly fault the guy for his production, which was still damn solid. The Heat were blown out in the first quarter and nothing was going right. You're going to have games like that. He can't do everything for the Heat, and when you give up an 18-0 run in the first quarter on the road, it's pretty hard to stay motivated after something like that.

The Heat played a **** game all around last night. The guy called his shot and missed. What more do you want from him? To defend every position on the court at the same time and make every shot on every possession? He can't.

Plus, people are taking these early regular season games way too seriously. The Heat are pretty much guaranteed a top 2 seed in the East at this point and they're coming off of back-to-back titles. It would be hard for any team to stay motivated at that point. During the regular season, the important thing is just trying to secure the highest seed possible and staying as healthy as possible. Everything else is irrelevant.

FlashBolt
01-16-2014, 11:31 AM
A team like Heat first priority isn't securing the first seed.. They know they won't get it. It's why Wade is benched for plenty of games and also why many of them aren't frightened. They've been through three game losing streaks. They know if Wade, Oden, James, Allen, Bosh, and their supporting cast will be ready to beat any and every team when they are healthy. Regular season does mean something but at this point, they understand that health is their best advantage.

Tony_Starks
01-16-2014, 11:35 AM
As usual Lebron defenders are missing the point. He made a public proclamation about what he was about to do to the Wizards and didnt back it up. Not only that but they took exception to it and blew them out. It's that's simple....

UPRock
01-16-2014, 11:57 AM
He didn't say which Wednesday :eyebrow: lol

bholly
01-16-2014, 12:07 PM
I can't believe 25 points on 18 shots, 8 boards, and 7 assists could ever - under any circumstances - be considered so bad as to be threadworthy. LBJ is just unreal, and the fan reaction to him is beyond crazy.

AllOut305
01-16-2014, 12:10 PM
lol you are a loser. I knew some ignorant people would try and make a thread about this. The guy has been to 5 finals in 11 years... He is hitting his prime. The team had an off night. We are lacking motivation. Lebron can drop 40 whenever he wants. He has nothing to prove to anyone especially a scrub on a forum. Good day. This is a non-story. Trolls? Your passive aggressive negativity is trolling. Waste your time on something else bra

ghettosean
01-16-2014, 12:21 PM
As usual Lebron defenders are missing the point. He made a public proclamation about what he was about to do to the Wizards and didnt back it up. Not only that but they took exception to it and blew them out. It's that's simple....

Pretty much this... I will say that Lebron had a solid game but there is no excuse losing to Washington I understand they are one of the best teams in the east but the east is absolutely horrid. If he was going to talk trash before the game and pretty much say watch what I do on Wednesday (to Washington) and HE LOSES well it just speaks for itself... He got his *** handed to him.

donovanmcnabb
01-16-2014, 12:27 PM
Nene > Bron

Chronz
01-16-2014, 12:36 PM
Remember when Arenas vowed to torch LA or Portland or some random team. What did Bron say anyways?

LongIslandIcedZ
01-16-2014, 12:37 PM
Its funny the guy is so good that a 25, 8 and 7 is an off night.

But he did make a public proclamation that he was going to go out and kill it, and he looked mediocre, especially for Lebron.

If someone like Kevin Love or Melo said something like this, they would have gotten killed for it, and rightfully so. Lebron's ridiculous play the last 5-6 years has given him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to things like this.

b@llhog24
01-16-2014, 12:56 PM
Who cares? The guy can't see into the future?

tr3ymill3r
01-16-2014, 12:58 PM
Once again this was in no shape, form or fashion an attempt to troll or bash LeBron. Defenders and apologist, check LeBron's seasons stats, this was basically an average game for him this year. I was just expecting something more than average when he publicly said he was going to have a big night. It's thread worthy based on the fact that he ran his mouth and didn't back it up, when there was no need to run his mouth. If any poster in here was a GM and there was a redraft and held the #1 overall pick and did not take LeBron James, they would be fired by the second pick. I'm not trying to debate that he is the best right now, but why run your mouth? Plus, who cares if you do beat up on the lowly Wizards?

blahblahyoutoo
01-16-2014, 01:22 PM
Its funny the guy is so good that a 25, 8 and 7 is an off night.

But he did make a public proclamation that he was going to go out and kill it, and he looked mediocre, especially for Lebron.

If someone like Kevin Love or Melo said something like this, they would have gotten killed for it, and rightfully so. Lebron's ridiculous play the last 5-6 years has given him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to things like this.

no, if melo had that stat line for one game, it's an amazing, efficient night for him.

CTCUBBIES
01-16-2014, 01:29 PM
No one is saying he had a bad game. He had a really good game. But he also made a big deal about wishing he could shoot more and how he would go off last night and he didn't. He played his same "team" ball as always even though his team was getting their ***** kicked and Wade was really off. If there was any night for him to put up 30 shots it was last night and he didn't even try to do it.

nastynice
01-16-2014, 01:33 PM
lol you are a loser. I knew some ignorant people would try and make a thread about this. The guy has been to 5 finals in 11 years... He is hitting his prime. The team had an off night. We are lacking motivation. Lebron can drop 40 whenever he wants. He has nothing to prove to anyone especially a scrub on a forum. Good day. This is a non-story. Trolls? Your passive aggressive negativity is trolling. Waste your time on something else bra

This is what I was gonna say right here. Its just a matter if he wants to or not. Last night he didn't.

CTCUBBIES
01-16-2014, 01:39 PM
This is what I was gonna say right here. Its just a matter if he wants to or not. Last night he didn't.

So does he just wake up and say "I feel like scoring 40 tonight?" Does the game dictate it? Seems like last night would have been a perfect night for it since Wade was off and his team was getting crushed.

nastynice
01-16-2014, 01:45 PM
Well, think about it. We all know he can score 40 a night if he wants to. Well, really he could probably avg a triple double, I'd guess 50/20/20. But that's only if he wants to. But this thread is about the 40 points, so lets get back to that. He can score 40 on any team on any night if he wants to. Last night he didn't. So logic tells us, he didn't want to. Its the only reasonable explanation

LongIslandIcedZ
01-16-2014, 03:20 PM
no, if melo had that stat line for one game, it's an amazing, efficient night for him.

I'm surprised you didnt understand what I meant, I tried to make it easy to comprehend, my bad.

If Melo or Kevin Love went out and said check out my stat line tonight, and had a sub par game(by their standards), than they would get crucified. On Sportscenter and on the internet. Lebron has gotten the benefit of the doubt because of his past success.

My apologies if I confused you.

tredigs
01-16-2014, 03:44 PM
I can't believe 25 points on 18 shots, 8 boards, and 7 assists could ever - under any circumstances - be considered so bad as to be threadworthy. LBJ is just unreal, and the fan reaction to him is beyond crazy.

25/8/7 + 4 TOs on 8-18 is solid, but Lebron 100% brought this on himself (he's been doing that quite a bit lately. See: Comments on KD). An ESPN Insider writer brought up the notion that he might be coasting in this article, http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10291123/nba-lebron-james-taking-easy&ex_cid=sportscenter.

And Lebron's exact response was, "You'll see the numbers I put up Wednesday. Just watch."
Mind you he didn't say, "the effort", he said "the numbers". Which is a whole other issue.

QUE a good but far from great performance on a personal level and an absolute beatdown handed to them from Washington from the get go.

I've been hard on LBJ lately (mostly because I've been high on KD lately and to get that through peoples heads, you have to argue with LBJ homers), but there's no reason why this shouldn't be called out. Hate to bring him up, but do you think there's any world where Jordan makes a comment like this and scores less than 45 while absolutely crushing his teammates publicly on the floor if they went down 34 to the Wizards in that game?

I watched the whole game, there was absolutely no time where LBJ showed urgency or stepped into his teammates grill when they went down 20 in the 1st quarter. Not exactly what you'd expect from someone who made the comments he did before the game after being called out.

tredigs
01-16-2014, 03:58 PM
Also should mention that after the 1st quarter Lebron had 4/2/1 + 3 TO's. Washington up 43-18... 43-18. The rest of his production came after that.

FlashBolt
01-16-2014, 04:00 PM
LeBron needs to step it up. He's been playing bad lately. Giving him the luxury of teammates has really deterred him from having that green button.

jerellh528
01-16-2014, 04:05 PM
Lebron's production was a bit off and it's not hard to pull off those kind of assist and rebounding numbers when you're one of the biggest, strongest, members of your team minus like bosh and playing on the best shooting team in nba history oughta get you a few more assists than normal as well, especially after playing 41 mins. The real issue was his saying he was gunna go off and 25 points on 8-18 isn't exactly going off for a guy who is the best player in the league. Lebron just needs to keep his mouth shut, focus on winning rings instead of Mvps because obviously he really really cares about his own and lately his comments have put him in a negative light.

ThuglifeJ
01-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Lol. Remember when Lebron said they'd beat the 72-10 record.

Seriously Lebron brings this on himself. He needs to just shut up or grow up. He's such an idiot.

Him and Kaeppernick would make a good pair

ManRam
01-16-2014, 04:29 PM
He isn't playing his best ball...and that's most obvious on the defensive end.

But I think questioning him for only posting 8-18 with 25 points, 8 boards and 7 assists with 4 turnovers types of games is just a testament to the level he is on. Instead of being clearly the best player in the league like he has been for 5+ years now, he looks like the second best. But this regular season stuff clearly doesn't mean a ton to them, and who cares? Their health is what's going to determine their odds at winning it all, and in the end, that's all that matters. Everyone preaches about how individual accolades are meaningless, well, I think this team is showing that it has individuals that aren't too concerned about that.

You guys say he's been playing "bad" lately, well, his last 4 games he's averaging 31-5-6 on 59.4% shooting. I mean, again...the criticism here is just a testament to his greatness.

But, LeBron isn't the only problem here, nor is he the biggest. The team defense is playing noticeably worse. The three point shot - the biggest weapon the bench has to offer...and some times the only weapon - has been much worse as a team.

Sure, he should step up. He had a bad game after saying that...but bad games happen. So be it. Let's see how he plays here on out...rather than just one game.

smith&wesson
01-16-2014, 04:41 PM
That's not hating. If KD, Melo, or anybody else basically threatened to go off on a garbage team and not only didnt but lost the game we'd call them on it too.

The difference is they don't talk about it, they just drop 40 like its nothing....

+1

nickdymez
01-16-2014, 04:53 PM
This would have been the perfect time to "Want to" if you ask me...

ModernDaySavage
01-16-2014, 04:59 PM
This would have been the perfect time to "Want to" if you ask me...

Yes for sure, it was a very crucial point in the season.

nickdymez
01-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Yes for sure, it was a very crucial point in the season.

Quick question! You being serious or trollin?

mightybosstone
01-16-2014, 05:04 PM
Once again this was in no shape, form or fashion an attempt to troll or bash LeBron. Defenders and apologist, check LeBron's seasons stats, this was basically an average game for him this year. I was just expecting something more than average when he publicly said he was going to have a big night. It's thread worthy based on the fact that he ran his mouth and didn't back it up, when there was no need to run his mouth. If any poster in here was a GM and there was a redraft and held the #1 overall pick and did not take LeBron James, they would be fired by the second pick. I'm not trying to debate that he is the best right now, but why run your mouth? Plus, who cares if you do beat up on the lowly Wizards?

I'll admit that the guy shouldn't have made any public proclamations about a regular season game in January in the first place. It probably wasn't the smartest idea. But athletes do it all the time, and when NFL players make proclamations that they're going to win a game, no one gives them **** for it when they lose. I don't really see a difference here. He called his shot and missed, and it's embarrassing for him. But the whole team should be embarrassed by the way they've played lately.

I think the focus shouldn't be on Lebron calling his shot, but rather how badly the Heat have played the last three games. You're totally burying the lead to focus on some little side story rather than what should be the focal point of this team right now.

tr3ymill3r
01-16-2014, 05:15 PM
I don't see what he could have gained by doing this anyways. Why say you're going to go off in a game that's in January against the freaking Wizards. Everyone knows he's the best, but he acts as if he still needs to prove it through his words rather than his actions.

tredigs
01-16-2014, 05:17 PM
He isn't playing his best ball...and that's most obvious on the defensive end.

But I think questioning him for only posting 8-18 with 25 points, 8 boards and 7 assists with 4 turnovers types of games is just a testament to the level he is on. Instead of being clearly the best player in the league like he has been for 5+ years now, he looks like the second best. But this regular season stuff clearly doesn't mean a ton to them, and who cares? Their health is what's going to determine their odds at winning it all, and in the end, that's all that matters. Everyone preaches about how individual accolades are meaningless, well, I think this team is showing that it has individuals that aren't too concerned about that.

You guys say he's been playing "bad" lately, well, his last 4 games he's averaging 31-5-6 on 59.4% shooting. I mean, again...the criticism here is just a testament to his greatness.

But, LeBron isn't the only problem here, nor is he the biggest. The team defense is playing noticeably worse. The three point shot - the biggest weapon the bench has to offer...and some times the only weapon - has been much worse as a team.

Sure, he should step up. He had a bad game after saying that...but bad games happen. So be it. Let's see how he plays here on out...rather than just one game.

You're ignoring the entire context of this thread and his own quote. It's a non story if he doesn't open his mouth. And his #'s were worse than the net result given his 1st Q performance and the fact that the game was essentially over by the 2nd Q.

And as the leader of his defense, much of that falls on him as well. Dudes averaging the same bpg as Curry at this point. If that's not a sign of slowing down or a lack of commitment I'm not sure what is.

SMH!
01-16-2014, 05:18 PM

this right here, the ignorance of some people smh

Tony_Starks
01-16-2014, 05:35 PM
I don't see what he could have gained by doing this anyways. Why say you're going to go off in a game that's in January against the freaking Wizards. Everyone knows he's the best, but he acts as if he still needs to prove it through his words rather than his actions.

It goes hand and hand with his whole jealous of KD, maybe I should shoot more kick. I don't see why he continues to feel the need to validate that he can score when most knowledgable fans know he's not a scorer but rather a playmaker that scores.

I've never seen a great player so insecure and concerned about other players attributes. Man just do you. You didn't see Magic talking about wanting to shoot like Larry or score like MJ, he just did his thing and won chips....

Teeboy1487
01-16-2014, 05:42 PM
Lebron has never been a light outs "go off" type of scorer. He makes his money with efficiency, slashing, assists, rebounds, and defense. He's more of an all around player than purely a dominant scorer compared to his all star peers. I don't expect him to routinely get 40-50 on a hot night. Maybe in his younger days when he had a different mindset. He would now stop shooting and pass. That's just the way he is. Lebron's mouth is the worst thing about him sometimes but he has earned the respect by winning. He can say what he want. He did not have a good shooting night and turned the ball over in this game. Average by his standards. This is a non story. I didn't even know he said anything until now.

tredigs
01-16-2014, 06:23 PM
And when you think about it more, didn't Lebron just put himself in a complete lose/lose here? Imagine if he DID come out and have a huge performance after saying, "you just wait and see how I'm coasting. Look at the #'s I'm going to put up Wednesday". It would just validate what people were saying about him, no?

Turns out we may just be seeing the best he has to offer at this point (still ridiculous), but maybe that was the better case scenario for him.

Either way, we'll chalk it up as yet another stupid comment from Lebron and move on.

b@llhog24
01-16-2014, 11:37 PM
I honestly still don't see the issue.

tredigs
01-16-2014, 11:42 PM
I honestly still don't see the issue.

It's just Lebron kind of embarrassing himself with dumb public comments for the 2nd time this week. Not a big deal, but there's no reason to give him a free pass on it either. As usual, he brought it on himself.

stawka
01-16-2014, 11:52 PM
I always thought tredigs was a LeBron fan. It seems in every thread he's bashing LeBron to make himself feel better about KD

tredigs
01-17-2014, 12:00 AM
I always thought tredigs was a LeBron fan. It seems in every thread he's bashing LeBron to make himself feel better about KD

I do like Lebron, but he can be a whiny and/or dumb ***** at times and his homer-fans are worse. If KD said this, or a similar statement about Lebron that he said about KD earlier this week, he'd deserve to be called out all the same.

Call it as I see it, even if I like the player.

Also, "to make me feel better about KD"? I don't even know wtf that means. Don't be a little troll.

3RDASYSTEM
01-17-2014, 12:57 AM
Lets look at it this way, BRON in his first 11 seasons is on par in my book as a DREAM,DROB,DREXLER,ZEKE,JORDAN,BIRD,DRJ,WILT,ALCIN DOR,IVERSON,KIDD,SHAQ,both MALONES,MAGIC category level of a player

So with that said his career is super-duper HOF status

stawka
01-17-2014, 01:17 AM
When do you ever talk good about LeBron man? The last few months all you've done is hang **** on him lol. I'm not trolling, I'm just confused because I thought you liked him, and now you're all over KD's dick, even if it means putting LeBron down

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-17-2014, 01:21 AM
When do you ever talk good about LeBron man? The last few months all you've done is hang **** on him lol. I'm not trolling, I'm just confused because I thought you liked him, and now you're all over KD's dick, even if it means putting LeBron down

Lol it's happened since last year really.. For some reason tre is more critical of lbj than durant. And it has nothing to do with this. It goes way back to last year.

nastynice
01-17-2014, 01:33 AM
Lebron has never been a light outs "go off" type of scorer. He makes his money with efficiency, slashing, assists, rebounds, and defense. He's more of an all around player than purely a dominant scorer compared to his all star peers.

Very true, good point.

b@llhog24
01-17-2014, 01:56 AM
It's just Lebron kind of embarrassing himself with dumb public comments for the 2nd time this week. Not a big deal, but there's no reason to give him a free pass on it either. As usual, he brought it on himself.

Guess this is where we have a difference of opinion. It's kinda lame to say you'll have a big game and not come up but 1) Bron ALWAYS says stupid things. 2) It's just the regular season, if this was the playoffs or something then I could see where all the animosity is coming from 3) A personal motto of mines "**** happens" I'm sure you've mouthed off that you were gonna have a good game at one point and time and laid an egg.

I don't think he should've said it, but I also don't see what's the big deal about it or how people are trying to use this to paint him as an inferior player.

jerellh528
01-17-2014, 02:24 AM

Dude, I used to hate treydigs because he would always hug on Lebron. But now I can see he's not a blind Lebron homer like a lot of ppl on here who still think kd isn't on his level yet.

EAGLES3658
01-17-2014, 03:56 AM
A lot of people are overlooking one thing. It was an absurd prediction to begin with. The Wizards are clearly better than the Heat.

jericho
01-17-2014, 07:12 AM
I really don't get this people are coming here to bash Lebron and others are coming in to defend him. But to remain in topic about the convo Lebron did make the claim that he was gonna go off on the wizards and he didn't. Yeah we know the numbers that he got are his regular numbers still better then a lot of other players. We were just expecting something more from him like idk maybe 40-50 points with 20 Rebs and 15 assists. I'm just throwing numbers there the point is that after his claim he only put his normal numbers that he usually gets they are still good numbers can't complain about them anyways.

The other part like some other posters have said just imagine if KD or Melo had made those comments and posted their regular numbers as well. Most of the posters over here would be destroying them.

It's just simple if somebody makes a claim like that back it up. It doesn't matter who it is. Jordan did it back in the days but he back it up and destroyed those teams.

I'm not defending or bashing Lebron i just want everybody else to see why people are reacting the way they did regarding this.