PDA

View Full Version : Hoopsworld.com closes. Favorite alternatives?

ChiSportsDaily
01-15-2014, 06:13 PM
So www.hoopsworld.com just up and closed its doors. It was my favorite go-to site for everything you need to know about a team's cap situation, transactions, future draft picks owed and due, etc....

It's now redirecting to hoopshype.com, which is ok, but far inferior and annoyingly wants you to answer survey questions to access it.

My question is, what site does everyone use as their go-to basketball GM'ing site?

Sad day for me...

mightybosstone
01-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Hoopshype is my go-to and has been for a while. The surveys are annoying, but I just click through them really quickly. Also, having the media twitter feed on the site is an awesome resource. I'll also use rotoword and hoopsrumors on occasion. And basketball reference occasionally has some of the things you may be looking for. Storyteller is also a great source for contract and salary info.

championships
01-15-2014, 06:51 PM
Been going to hoopshype for a long time. I have Ad blocker plus so I'm not bothered with surveys or pop ups on that site.

GunFactor187
01-15-2014, 09:05 PM
The Site Whom Shall Not Be Named, lol.

jerellh528
01-15-2014, 09:57 PM
obvious choice is hoopshype. That's my go to.

bholly
01-15-2014, 10:30 PM
shamsports.com for salaries, and lists of exceptions, holds, trade kickers, etc.
storytellerscontracts.com for if i want salaries for all teams on one page.
google search for "future nba draft picks detailed" and hit the first link for draft pick debts. prosportstransactions.com (link (http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/76ers.htm)) also works okay for draft pick debts.

ChiSportsDaily
01-16-2014, 02:48 PM
shamsports.com for salaries, and lists of exceptions, holds, trade kickers, etc.
storytellerscontracts.com for if i want salaries for all teams on one page.
google search for "future nba draft picks detailed" and hit the first link for draft pick debts. prosportstransactions.com (link (http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/76ers.htm)) also works okay for draft pick debts.

Thanks for the info. shamsports.com looks decent for contracts (though not up-to-date) and prosportstransactions.com/******.com do a good job with draft pick debts. hoopsworld.com was just the best of both worlds, though.

leprechaun5
01-16-2014, 03:22 PM
Shamsports has the most exact number for contracts ,even espn writers cite them .

MrfadeawayJB
01-16-2014, 05:09 PM
yeah its pretty much strictly hoopshype and PSD for me.

twitter is also a very good source for up to date rumors and information

mike_noodles
01-16-2014, 05:25 PM
So www.hoopsworld.com just up and closed its doors. It was my favorite go-to site for everything you need to know about a team's cap situation, transactions, future draft picks owed and due, etc....

It's now redirecting to hoopshype.com, which is ok, but far inferior and annoyingly wants you to answer survey questions to access it.

My question is, what site does everyone use as their go-to basketball GM'ing site?

Sad day for me...

Hoopsworld I used to like, but when the ads started being forced on you, I stopped visiting. The whole USA Today thing that was being shoved down your throat didn't help the situation either.

sixer04fan
01-16-2014, 06:44 PM
I use www.spotrac.com/nba for contracts. Very easy, simple, straight forward.

Never used shamsports though, so I couldn't tell you if it's any worse or better.

mikekhelxD
01-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Its already been mentioned, spotrac and shamsports.

Huntey
01-17-2014, 05:31 AM
Some of the guys who wrote for hoopsworld have a new website: http://www.basketballinsiders.com

sunsfan88
01-17-2014, 07:55 AM
Why not try real General Manager? I have only heard good things. That and PSD are the best imo.

Vinny642
01-17-2014, 10:46 AM
Rotoworld for trades and such, and hoophype for other crap

xabial
01-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Hoopshype is awesome. The smallest news they mention there is considered significant thread-worthy news material here with no complaints. I know, I've tried.

ManRam
01-17-2014, 12:06 PM
I never go to hoopsworld. Hoopshype is the site I got to if I need any of that stuff anyways.

ChiSportsDaily
01-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Some of the guys who wrote for hoopsworld have a new website: http://www.basketballinsiders.com

Thank God! Same info, different site.

Don't get the hoopshype love. All it gives is contracts and it takes forever to update along with the annoying surveys. basketballinsiders was updated within an hour of the Teague/Taylor/Shengelia trade being announced and offers contracts, exceptions status, depth chart, personnel, detailed draft pick debts, transactions, waived players, free agents, unsigned draft picks, and cap holds among others.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Yeah back in the day I use to use hoopshype for salaries then eventually found Shamsports but they weren't always up to date. Then found hoopsworld then never looked back. Then I seen they closed site down like Wednesday? Then I seen basketballinsiders hyped up a ton on twitter. I think that's pretty much hoopsworld any way from all the writers there.