PDA

View Full Version : LeBron is jealous of KD

Longhornfan1234
01-15-2014, 11:49 AM
"I get jealous sometimes when I look over at KD and he's like 16-for-32 (from the field) and then 14-for-34. ..

"I'm not much of a forced-shot guy.

"But there are games where I have it going, and then at the end of the game, I'm like, damn, I shot just 12-for-16? Why don't I get up at least six or seven more? I definitely notice it."

"First of all, you have to have an unbelievable mindset to get up 30 shots," James said. "I always think about it, though. If I get up high-20s, 30 shots a game, what could I do today, with the way I'm playing?"

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/10294674/lebron-james-miami-heat-jealous-kevin-durant-shot-attempts

D-Leethal
01-15-2014, 12:00 PM
Sounded more like he just wanted to toot his own horn and remind everyone how he can play whistleball and drop 30 on 12 FGA.

BIG worm
01-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Those comments sound like some passive aggressive ******** to me. Tell em how you really feel Lebron!

kdspurman
01-15-2014, 12:17 PM
Sounded more like he just wanted to toot his own horn and remind everyone how he can play whistleball and drop 30 on 12 FGA.

Thanks kind of how I took it as well, but who knows. Maybe he really does want to shoot more

Jamiecballer
01-15-2014, 12:19 PM
that was not a genuine comment.... at all. very misleading thread title that will only serve to rile up the mob.

ModernDaySavage
01-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Yeah LeBron is jealous of KD. He really wishes he could lower his game down to his level, but he'll never manage such an accomplishment.

Longhornfan1234
01-15-2014, 12:31 PM
Yeah LeBron is jealous of KD. He really wishes he could lower his game down to his level, but he'll never manage such an accomplishment.

29.8/ 8/5/ 62 TS% >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 26/ 6/ 6/ 67 TS%.

LeBron is mad.

farren.louis
01-15-2014, 12:31 PM
I think what Le'bron is saying is I'm not a scorer like KD and I wish i was . I'm not taking anything from Lebron {though I dont like him] he's great but thats what I interpreted from those comments

xxplayerxx23
01-15-2014, 12:33 PM

Lol kd is not as far off of Lebron as many think. He's a monster.

72 Wins
01-15-2014, 12:44 PM
Lebron and plenty of other players in the league are completely stats driven. It completely irritates me when I see one of these "stats guys" actually pretend to shoot a buzzer beater before time expires. It's like all of a sudden, their reaction time lost a step. lol

beasted86
01-15-2014, 12:47 PM
It does bring up a good discussion topic... what would LeBron average as a scorer with lesser help now that he has improved his all around game and efficiency?

32 PPG every year on 56% eFG sounds right.

nastynice
01-15-2014, 12:56 PM

lol, thats how it sounded to me too

nickdymez
01-15-2014, 01:31 PM
This is why I love Lebron

Chronz
01-15-2014, 01:44 PM
This makes no sense, hes jealous but he would never go back to those days where he had to carry it all.

And Bron's efficiency has actually suffered, hes been FAR too turnover prone, completely negates the gains in TS%. But maybe its a result of overpassing and he would have an easier time lowering that turnover rate if he just shot more.

Jamiecballer
01-15-2014, 01:48 PM
It does bring up a good discussion topic... what would LeBron average as a scorer with lesser help now that he has improved his all around game and efficiency?

32 PPG every year on 56% eFG sounds right.

he could score almost 40 a night if he really wanted to IMO.

nickdymez
01-15-2014, 01:56 PM

I think he could probably average 55 if he wanted to. And 20 boards and 15 assists. Thats if he wanted to..

Baller1
01-15-2014, 03:16 PM
Lebron is one of my favorite players, but this is some of the most condescending **** I've ever seen.

The only reason KD is putting up that many shots is because Westbrook is down; he has to for the team to have a chance. He was not throwing up that many with a healthy Westbrook.

BIG worm
01-15-2014, 03:16 PM
I think he could probably average 55 if he wanted to. And 20 boards and 15 assists. Thats if he wanted to..
Dont forget the 15 steals and 17 blocks a game he could avg....if he wanted to.

ThuglifeJ
01-15-2014, 03:20 PM
This is why I struggle to like current NBA players.. theyre so immature and stats driven.

What ever happened to pride and winning as the main goals. Beating your rivals..

FlashBolt
01-15-2014, 03:22 PM
LeBron would put up 40+ easily.. He needs to stop passing some games.

mightybosstone
01-15-2014, 03:32 PM
You could look at the comments two ways.

1. He's admittedly a little jealous that Durant takes that many shots, and he probably wishes from time to time that he could take more shots and get into the annual scoring champion discussion.

2. He's trying to remind the media and fans that, while Durant takes far more shots, he's still nowhere as efficient offensively as he, himself, is.

Personally, I think it's a little bit of both. And I get why people are taking this the way they are, but I look at it differently. The guy's just being honest. At our jobs and in our lives, we always look at the things and the advantages other people have. It would be easy for Lebron to just give the same typical professional athlete answer to everything, but I thought this was a genuine human response from someone who is still a human being at the end of the day.

JasonJohnHorn
01-15-2014, 03:33 PM
I read that... and I thought about it for a minute..... and yeah.... no sense made there. "I'm so jealous.... he's shooting .490 from the floor this season. That is AMAZING!! And me? I'm only shooting a shade under .600 from the floor." Like, WTF?!?!?!!?

I think he may be jealous that KD gets to take more shots. He might miss having to run every play they way he did in Cleveland. But he's not jealous of the FG%. Doesn't make sense.

BIG worm
01-15-2014, 03:36 PM
LeBron would put up 40+ easily.. He needs to stop passing some games.
Doubt it. 40+ is a bit much. If he could of, he would of done it in Cleveland.

mania03
01-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Lebron and plenty of other players in the league are completely stats driven. It completely irritates me when I see one of these "stats guys" actually pretend to shoot a buzzer beater before time expires. It's like all of a sudden, their reaction time lost a step. lol

LOLL ya i've seen that a lot tooo

mania03
01-15-2014, 03:39 PM

and 0 turnovers

ThuglifeJ
01-15-2014, 03:40 PM
Not sure why he didn't say 'I get jealous when I see Durant gets 30 shots sometimes 34'. Why he has to put the fgm in there I will never know. Doesn't surprise me though lebron has always been an idiot

mightybosstone
01-15-2014, 03:47 PM
Not sure why he didn't say 'I get jealous when I see Durant gets 30 shots sometimes 34'. Why he has to put the fgm in there I will never know. Doesn't surprise me though lebron has always been an idiot

He's done quite well for himself considering how stupid you seem to think he is. He must be the Forrest Gump of our generation.

Kaner
01-15-2014, 03:49 PM

yeah pretty much this, probably one of if not the first interview of Lebron where my opinion of him went down instead of up. Wouldn't be surprised if the real jealousy is in the mvp talk.

Tony_Starks
01-15-2014, 03:55 PM

.....while playing 48 minutes and defending all 5 positions

mightybosstone
01-15-2014, 04:04 PM

Yeah, but it will all pale in comparison to when Kobe comes back, scores 50 a night, vaults the Lakers to the No. 1 seed and wins his sixth title, right? ;)

nickdymez
01-15-2014, 04:09 PM
Yeah, but it will all pale in comparison to when Kobe comes back, scores 50 a night, vaults the Lakers to the No. 1 seed and wins his sixth title, right? ;)

They always wanna bring up Kobe when no one else does...

Tony_Starks
01-15-2014, 04:13 PM

Thread has absolutely nothing to do with Kobe buddy. At least try to limit your hate to topics that actually concern him. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

mightybosstone
01-15-2014, 04:15 PM

Thread has absolutely nothing to do with Kobe buddy. At least try to limit your hate to topics that actually concern him. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

If Kobephiles are going to take shots at Lebron fans, Lebron fans are going to take shots at Kobephiles. You guys have been in the NBA forum a while. You ought to know how this **** works by now.

mjm07
01-15-2014, 04:22 PM

Don't forget while only averaging 33mpg.

P.s.
If he wanted to.

nickdymez
01-15-2014, 04:26 PM
If Kobephiles are going to take shots at Lebron fans, Lebron fans are going to take shots at Kobephiles. You guys have been in the NBA forum a while. You ought to know how this **** works by now.

Oh, so we're gangs now.. smh I didnt take a shot at Lebron in the name of Kobe. Enough bro.

Longhornfan1234
01-15-2014, 04:31 PM
I read that... and I thought about it for a minute..... and yeah.... no sense made there. "I'm so jealous.... he's shooting .490 from the floor this season. That is AMAZING!! And me? I'm only shooting a shade under .600 from the floor." Like, WTF?!?!?!!?

I think he may be jealous that KD gets to take more shots. He might miss having to run every play they way he did in Cleveland. But he's not jealous of the FG%. Doesn't make sense.

Lol at you using "FG%".

KD's numbers this year are better. 29/8/5/62 TS% > 26/6/6 67 TS%.

5ass
01-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Oh, so we're gangs now.. smh I didnt take a shot at Lebron in the name of Kobe. Enough bro.

You've already created this image of being a Kobe worshipper and Lebron hater. Dont be surprised when they mention Kobe. They're trolling a troll.

mightybosstone
01-15-2014, 04:41 PM

Calm down, Sally. It was a joke. Occasionally we can have moments of brevity in the forums without tearing out each other's throats.

mike_noodles
01-15-2014, 04:42 PM

This.

Although it made me wonder about his pending free agency.

Iron24th
01-15-2014, 04:43 PM
Lol LBJ trolling KD

smith&wesson
01-15-2014, 04:51 PM

easily

nickdymez
01-15-2014, 05:02 PM
You've already created this image of being a Kobe worshipper and Lebron hater. Dont be surprised when they mention Kobe. They're trolling a troll.

Oh i did that? You clown

nickdymez
01-15-2014, 05:05 PM
Calm down, Sally. It was a joke. Occasionally we can have moments of brevity in the forums without tearing out each other's throats.

Calm down my ***. Its people like you who perpetuate this whole "Kobe v. Lebron" **** on this forum. I dont mention Kobe unless someone else does. So you calm down, Jill....

TheIlladelph16
01-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Another quote by Lebron that people are going to read into far too deeply and turn it into a bash fest...?

Color me shocked :rolleyes:

jerellh528
01-15-2014, 05:17 PM
Sounds like he's bitter from kd is outplaying him this year thus far. You don't hear kd saying he's jealous that he's not on the best shooting team of all time and he can just coast to efficient scoring because everyone else on the team can shoulder the load with other all stars and hall of famers. Also kd is averaging less shots per game than Lebron at the same age. This also kinda shows how much Lebron cares about preserving his stats.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-15-2014, 05:21 PM
Lol at you using "FG%".

6.6 rebounds rounds to 6?
6.5 assists rounds off to 6?

Maybe you should repost once you pass 6th grade math.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-15-2014, 05:24 PM

So are you a Knicks fan or lakers fan?

jerellh528
01-15-2014, 05:27 PM
You could look at the comments two ways.

1. He's admittedly a little jealous that Durant takes that many shots, and he probably wishes from time to time that he could take more shots and get into the annual scoring champion discussion.

2. He's trying to remind the media and fans that, while Durant takes far more shots, he's still nowhere as efficient offensively as he, himself, is.

Personally, I think it's a little bit of both. And I get why people are taking this the way they are, but I look at it differently. The guy's just being honest. At our jobs and in our lives, we always look at the things and the advantages other people have. It would be easy for Lebron to just give the same typical professional athlete answer to everything, but I thought this was a genuine human response from someone who is still a human being at the end of the day.

Far less shots? If anything KD takes less shots in his offense as opposed to Lebron who takes 3 less on a super stacked team.

Tony_Starks
01-15-2014, 05:31 PM
So are you a Knicks fan or lakers fan?

Everyone knows I'm a Laker fan, though I fail to see what that has to do with Lebron and KD.....

Kinkotheclown
01-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Maybe Lebron is still nursing nagging injuries or he is simply coasting. I'm sure he's got a reason. Maybe he's himself a bit for the playoffs? Maybe he will turn it on sooner. Either way, I am quite certain that he will erupt soon enough and destroy the league.

FlashBolt
01-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Everyone knows I'm a Laker fan, though I fail to see what that has to do with Lebron and KD.....

9999.98% of Lakers fans will find any way to ridicule James because they have the phobia of James surpassing their hero; Kobe Bryant.

5ass
01-15-2014, 05:43 PM
Oh i did that? You clown

Yes you did. clown.

TheIlladelph16
01-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Far less shots? If anything KD takes less shots in his offense as opposed to Lebron who takes 3 less on a super stacked team.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this logic, and I just can't. How does this make any sense?

Tony_Starks
01-15-2014, 05:48 PM
9999.98% of Lakers fans will find any way to ridicule James because they have the phobia of James surpassing their hero; Kobe Bryant.

A) not true and a huge generalization

B) Kobe fans ( which are different from Laker fans btw) could care less and are not threatened at all until he gets more than 5 rings

C) How is it ridicule if your commenting on something Lebron himself said? If anything it makes his fans look foolish by coming to his defense with the cliche "he could score ( x ridiculous amount of points) if he REALLY wanted to" garbage.

jerellh528
01-15-2014, 05:58 PM
I'm trying to wrap my head around this logic, and I just can't. How does this make any sense?

Easy. The brunt of the entire offensive load in Okc rests on durants shoulders, in more time played per game he shoots only 3 less shots than Lebron who is supposed to be "coasting" and on the best shorting team in nba history in less time. It's not that hard to understand. Kd should easily be taking more shots that Lebron because of the teams they are on and how they are built. Yet kd only takes 3 more in slightly more mpg.

jerellh528
01-15-2014, 06:03 PM

This is a fallacy made up by Lebron fans to somehow push their guy into passing someone. Since they know he will never pass Jordan, they put their sights on the next option, Kobe. And now they shove that agenda down everyone's throats when it's really the Lebron fans who are insecure and bring Kobe up every thread. Laker fans don't care about Lebron, from behind the play of Kobe we experienced the epitome of fan enjoyment, 5 rings and countless unbelievable games. We're not really about where kobe ends up in comparison to Lebron. We as laker fans are above that. Sure there's banter here and there, but at the end of the day, we don't give a **** about anything but rings.

Longhornfan1234
01-15-2014, 06:07 PM
6.6 rebounds rounds to 6?
6.5 assists rounds off to 6?

Maybe you should repost once you pass 6th grade math.

Good Good...you're lame.

29.8/ 8.1/ 5/ 62 TS% > 26. 6.6/ 6.5/ 67 TS%.

KD's numbers are still better.

ModernDaySavage
01-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Longhorn it's pretty obvious you hate LeBron, so I won't waste much time. Of course KD has a higher TS%, he's shooting 3 more FT's a game and making 88.4% of them, +13% over LBJ. LeBron's FG% is +10%, higher 3pt FG% somehow, and taking 3 less shots a game. I'll take 6.6 Reb and 6.5 Ast over 8 and 5 as well.

It's pretty clear LeBron has a better team, causing him to take it easy a lot of the time it seems. If he lost his 2nd best player I'm sure he would pick it up. He cares about one thing, being healthy for playoffs and going for another ring.

Also this doesn't in any way mean I don't like Durant or think he's bad, IMO he's 2nd in the league easily, but just not on LeBron's level. Argue all you want, but these stats are so close anyways it's pointless. Looking at stats only with no other context is a lost cause. Also all of these stats posted and arguing, I haven't seen one mention of defense, which to me is what seperates them.

Tony_Starks
01-15-2014, 06:14 PM
This is a fallacy made up by Lebron fans to somehow push their guy into passing someone. Since they know he will never pass Jordan, they put their sights on the next option, Kobe. And now they shove that agenda down everyone's throats when it's really the Lebron fans who are insecure and bring Kobe up every thread. Laker fans don't care about Lebron, from behind the play of Kobe we experienced the epitome of fan enjoyment, 5 rings and countless unbelievable games. We're not really about where kobe ends up in comparison to Lebron. We as laker fans are above that. Sure there's banter here and there, but at the end of the day, we don't give a **** about anything but rings.

Couldn't have said it better. The mere fact that people still feel the need to take shots and bring up his name in completely unrelated threads reeks of insecurity.

b@llhog24
01-15-2014, 06:14 PM
Meh.

Jamiecballer
01-15-2014, 06:17 PM
Doubt it. 40+ is a bit much. If he could of, he would of done it in Cleveland.

if he wanted to. that's the key.

tredigs
01-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Funny thing is that Lebron has never averaged the 2nd most attempts on his team, which is where KD was at with Westbrook. It's blatant that he's jealous KD currently has better stats than him and wants it to be known that he thinks he could score 35 a night. Not a very good passive-aggressive job by LBJ. Comes off as a whiner.

mightybosstone
01-15-2014, 06:19 PM

What the hell are you talking about? Durant takes 3 more shots per game, yes. Hence, 19 FGA is a significant increase from 16 FGA per game. I don't understand what point you're trying to make.

SteBO
01-15-2014, 06:21 PM
Not sure where LBJ was going with this comment to be honest....what's stopping him from doing what KDs doing w/o Westbrook? Has Wade not missed games this year?

Strange comment to me....

tredigs
01-15-2014, 06:27 PM
KD has to shoot, period. He scored 37 points on 28 attempts yesterday. The rest of the starters scored 30 on 33 attempts, and the bench 20 points on 19 attempts. Lost by 3. Same story in the playoffs last year. As proven by him deferring more shot attempts to Westbrook when he plays, it's not a situation he likes to be in. But they have no choice.

dalton749
01-15-2014, 06:59 PM
dont know how people can be so critical of a player for caring about their own stats, but be so quick to judge them based on those stats

Redrum187
01-15-2014, 07:20 PM
Lol at you using "FG%".

If you're going to round up/down (as you did with KD's 4.9 assists), then it would be 26/7/7. Numbers don't lie, people do. Not to mention, I personally, associate turnovers in the offensive category.

farren.louis
01-15-2014, 07:23 PM
Lebron isn't a scorer he's a slaher he couldnt take 30 shots and be effective unless every shot was at the rim. Lebron doesnt have a go-to move thats why wade compliments him because when the Heat really need a bucket they go to the scorer dwade. Bosh is there for bron when defender come to help at the rim, lebron is good but his stats would go down if he took more shots he's not a scorer nor shooter.

Gritz
01-15-2014, 07:26 PM
He can do what Durant does if he goes back to CLE

Tony_Starks
01-15-2014, 07:31 PM
I'm really not sure what Lebron was trying to say here. KD is putting up 3 more shots under special circumstances, it's not like he's Iverson or something.

Plus as someone else mentioned with D Wade constantly in and out Bron has plenty of opportunities to go off....

Raps18-19 Champ
01-15-2014, 07:41 PM
Can anyone blame the guy?

He's passing up on quite a few records (which he will no doubt be ragged on when he retires) because he is shooting less shots. If he took more shots, he'd be passing Kareem's record probably.

farren.louis
01-15-2014, 07:41 PM
its almost like superstars these days are scared of each other. The league is almost the G word now. I blame the NBA for this .

Raps18-19 Champ
01-15-2014, 07:42 PM
its almost like superstars these days are scared of each other. The league is almost the G word now. I blame the NBA for this .

What is this G-word you speak of.

farren.louis
01-15-2014, 07:44 PM
What is this G-word you speak of.
Gayeee.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Gayeee.

Reported for homophobic comment.

farren.louis
01-15-2014, 08:02 PM
Reported for homophobic comment.

Ok. Go tell

FraziersKnicks
01-15-2014, 08:07 PM

They're mad because it's already happened

Tony_Starks
01-15-2014, 08:19 PM
Gayeee.

Lol. You know you can't say that bro...... but still quite funny

TrueFan420
01-15-2014, 08:59 PM
Lebron comes off sounding like a prick with that comment

nastynice
01-15-2014, 09:22 PM

:laugh2:

nastynice
01-15-2014, 09:23 PM
if he wanted to. That's the key.

:laugh::laugh:

amos1er
01-15-2014, 09:29 PM
He should be. KD is the better offensive player and much more entertaining to watch. The gap is narrowing between the two and I could comfortably say that if KD had Wade and Bosh in 2010-2014 he would have won two titles at least as well. Though I will not fool myself by saying that he is better than Lebron. Lebron is still the better all around player and defender. Both don't have the greatest killer instinct in my opinion. If KD continues to improve his passing and defense and becomes a bit more mentally stronger, it won't be long before he surpasses Lebron for best player in the NBA. Also figuring in a slight decline for Lebron as well. I would not argue peaks just yet. Lebron has just had the benefit of having far superior teams the past few years.

Jamiecballer
01-15-2014, 09:38 PM
:laugh::laugh:

what's so funny. it's totally true. it's in Lebron's basketball DNA to always make the right basketball play. if he wanted to go Kobe or Iverson for a season he'd lead the league in scoring with ease.

Chrisclover
01-15-2014, 09:54 PM
Go to Bobcats and you can have 50 shots every night. Nonsense by LBJ. This is price of having a championship squad, which means you inevitably need to sacrifice your shot selections. BTW, he draws so much fouls so the lesser shots dont bother him as much as others

tredigs
01-15-2014, 09:57 PM
what's so funny. it's totally true. it's in Lebron's basketball DNA to always make the right basketball play. if he wanted to go Kobe or Iverson for a season he'd lead the league in scoring with ease.

Only it's not. Lebron's been top 5 in Field Goal Attempts/Game 7 different seasons, including a season where he averaged the most attempts, and multiple where he was top 3. 6 different times he's averaged more shots a game than KD is this season. Yet only 1 scoring title.

If Lebron wants a chance at shooting more than KD again, all he has to do is go back to sacrificing championships to do so. We used to see it every season.

Longhornfan1234
01-15-2014, 11:11 PM
If you're going to round up/down (as you did with KD's 4.9 assists), then it would be 26/7/7. Numbers don't lie, people do. Not to mention, I personally, associate turnovers in the offensive category. [/COLOR]

ok... 30/8/5/ 62 TS% > 26/7/7/ 67 TS%. Go sit down clown. KD's numbers are superior.

nickdymez
01-16-2014, 12:15 AM

Exactly.. Only time i really bring Kobe up nowadays is when someone just blatantly wants to troll or if I see another fan base (usually heat fans) teaming up just to bash him with ridiculous statements. All i care about is the Lakers

*Silver&Black*
01-16-2014, 12:19 AM

With the NBA on your side, anything is possible kids.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-16-2014, 01:25 AM
Good Good...you're lame.

29.8/ 8.1/ 5/ 62 TS% > 26. 6.6/ 6.5/ 67 TS%.

KD's numbers are still better.

...clearly you didnt pass the 6th grade yet.

what part of my post had anything to do with whose numbers were better? it was actually more to do with your inability to round correctly.

carry on though.

Max.This
01-16-2014, 01:34 AM
at the end of the day people who nuthug lebron will continue to nuthug and it doesnt matter what circumstance it is, just like there are people that will always see him wrong no matter what circumstance. Neither side is going to give so why even bother trying to convince one another. Waste of time

naps
01-16-2014, 04:20 AM

And you only post when it's about LeBron and sometimes about Kobe.

Oh look who is quoting you...

Raps18-19 Champ
01-16-2014, 12:04 PM
Exactly.. Only time i really bring Kobe up nowadays is when someone just blatantly wants to troll or if I see another fan base (usually heat fans) teaming up just to bash him with ridiculous statements. All i care about is the Lakers

False man. You are the ultimate Lebron troll.

Jamiecballer
01-16-2014, 01:02 PM
Only it's not. Lebron's been top 5 in Field Goal Attempts/Game 7 different seasons, including a season where he averaged the most attempts, and multiple where he was top 3. 6 different times he's averaged more shots a game than KD is this season. Yet only 1 scoring title.

If Lebron wants a chance at shooting more than KD again, all he has to do is go back to sacrificing championships to do so. We used to see it every season.

you're missing the point if you think it has anything to do with what he's done in the past. if he decided tomorrow that he wanted to lead the league in scoring next year, he'd take more 3's, attack the basket with intent to score more, take more shots.

thanks for proving my point though, that he has already lead the league in scoring once. when he was a much less polished and effective shooter.

nastynice
01-16-2014, 01:40 PM

oh my bad, I completely read it differently. I thought you were continuing with the joke I had quoted in the post before I quoted yours. even though you didn't mean it, ur post had me rolling, lol

tredigs
01-16-2014, 02:59 PM
you're missing the point if you think it has anything to do with what he's done in the past. if he decided tomorrow that he wanted to lead the league in scoring next year, he'd take more 3's, attack the basket with intent to score more, take more shots.

thanks for proving my point though, that he has already lead the league in scoring once. when he was a much less polished and effective shooter.

You do realize that much of this "polish" is simply the result of having more space to shoot in Miami? Not only because that is the league wide consensus on how to guard him (have you ever seen KD openly given 3 feet of space at the 3pt line like we see for LBJ countless times each night?), but because they have to respect Bosh/Wade and whichever 2 elite 3pt shooters are around him at the time.

His jumper is better, but it's negligible. It has more to do with the fact that he only takes smarter/easier shots now, a luxury he wasn't afforded in Cleveland. If Wade and Bosh went down and he had to take 5 more attempts a game under more pressure like he used to, I bet we'd see his 2010 Cleveland production all over again. Don't you think if his jumper was "SO" much more polished at this point that it would at least somewhat translate to his FT shooting? Yet, same % now as it was his rookie year.

Longhornfan1234
01-16-2014, 03:15 PM
...clearly you didnt pass the 6th grade yet.

what part of my post had anything to do with whose numbers were better? it was actually more to do with your inability to round correctly.

carry on though.

You're mad. KD > LeBron.

RubberBand Man
01-16-2014, 03:41 PM
His comments made no sense at all, it sounded like a back handed compliment, and a way to give his self more credit in the process. He should be jealous of the respect and credit Durant gets since everything Lebron does is going to have an asterisks by it the whole well he has 2 other superstars on his team comments will follow him know matter what he does.

Jamiecballer
01-16-2014, 04:52 PM
You do realize that much of this "polish" is simply the result of having more space to shoot in Miami? Not only because that is the league wide consensus on how to guard him (have you ever seen KD openly given 3 feet of space at the 3pt line like we see for LBJ countless times each night?), but because they have to respect Bosh/Wade and whichever 2 elite 3pt shooters are around him at the time.

that's your opinion. i get it, i can even respect it. i just don't agree with it. every aspect of his offensive game is stronger. and the reasons for teams giving him space is because there is absolutely no stopping him if you crowd him. it's pick your poison, take your chances on him having a tough night shooting.

His jumper is better, but it's negligible. It has more to do with the fact that he only takes smarter/easier shots now, a luxury he wasn't afforded in Cleveland. If Wade and Bosh went down and he had to take 5 more attempts a game under more pressure like he used to, I bet we'd see his 2010 Cleveland production all over again. Don't you think if his jumper was "SO" much more polished at this point that it would at least somewhat translate to his FT shooting? Yet, same % now as it was his rookie year.
i don't think his FT% has much to do with his ability to hit jump shots. flat footed free throws and shooting a jumper off your own dribble are quite different. most guys do get better as FT's as their careers go on, and shooting in general, but not all.

Tony_Starks
01-16-2014, 05:07 PM
Btw here's KD's response today on Lebrons comments via hoopshype

"I'm pretty sure-Im 100% sure- that Lebron can do whatever he wants."

Sounds like he saw past the trolling.....

nickdymez
01-16-2014, 05:26 PM
False man. You are the ultimate Lebron troll.

Shut up. Report that you ****in lunatic

nickdymez
01-16-2014, 05:26 PM
And you only post when it's about LeBron and sometimes about Kobe.

Oh look who is quoting you...

You feel like looking dumb real quick?

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-16-2014, 05:50 PM
You're mad. KD > LeBron.

So.. How's your team doing?

aman_13
01-16-2014, 06:13 PM
Lol this sounds like a subtle shot at Durant.

jerellh528
01-16-2014, 06:25 PM
Btw here's KD's response today on Lebrons comments via hoopshype

"I'm pretty sure-Im 100% sure- that Lebron can do whatever he wants."

Sounds like he saw past the trolling.....

Perfect response by KD

Raps18-19 Champ
01-16-2014, 07:02 PM

Huh? I am confused.

You have admitted in the past you are extremely critical of Lebron to the point where it is unfair (you have even been banned for stuff such as this). I don't think calling you for what you have admitted before is lunacy.

blams
01-16-2014, 09:28 PM
Durant is significantly worse than LeBron...I think this is LBJ making that clear.

5ass
01-17-2014, 02:18 AM

lol. what exactly is wrong with you? i know its hard, but try to keep it brief.

nickdymez
01-17-2014, 02:28 AM
lol. what exactly is wrong with you? i know its hard, but try to keep it brief.

Mind your ****in business. This guy stalks me on here, looked me up on twitter, sent me multiple inbox messages wanting to "hang out". Get the **** outta here trying to play the hero

jerellh528
01-17-2014, 02:29 AM
Durant is significantly worse than LeBron...I think this is LBJ making that clear.

This season he's certainly not making that clear lol.

TheIlladelph16
01-17-2014, 01:04 PM
He should be. KD is the better offensive player and much more entertaining to watch. The gap is narrowing between the two and I could comfortably say that if KD had Wade and Bosh in 2010-2014 he would have won two titles at least as well. Though I will not fool myself by saying that he is better than Lebron. Lebron is still the better all around player and defender. Both don't have the greatest killer instinct in my opinion. If KD continues to improve his passing and defense and becomes a bit more mentally stronger, it won't be long before he surpasses Lebron for best player in the NBA. Also figuring in a slight decline for Lebron as well. I would not argue peaks just yet. Lebron has just had the benefit of having far superior teams the past few years.

When did Amoser1 become the rational one with regards to Lebron? haha

Agreed on almost everything here. I don't think KD is any more entertaining then Lebron, but that's personal preference I guess. I also think your discounting the Thunder teams' talent with Harden, nor do I think the Heat were far superior to them in anyway.

Points on Lebron vs. DK were pretty much spot on though.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Mind your ****in business. This guy stalks me on here, looked me up on twitter, sent me multiple inbox messages wanting to "hang out". Get the **** outta here trying to play the hero

Stop making up rumours about me man.

Kaner
01-17-2014, 06:19 PM
Here's a good article from cbs sports that I think explains Lebrons real motives for his comment.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/24410776/lebrons-comments-about-durant-are-really-about-angling-for-another-mvp

holditdown
01-17-2014, 11:52 PM
This is BS from LeBron. Kevin Durant is far from a ballhog. He's the best scorer in the league and doesn't even take 20 shots a game.

championships
01-18-2014, 01:01 AM
Lebron had all the shots he wanted in Cleveland and that resulted in 0 rings. Not sure what there is to be jealous about

More-Than-Most
01-18-2014, 01:55 AM
Some things I find interesting... The notion that If Durant had Wade and Bosh he would have 2 titles is false... I bet Lebron wishes when he came into the league he had the team that thunder have come to be and the talent they have had around durant for a while now. Durant would never be able to carry any team like Lebron does.

Other Note... If I was James I would also be very jealous of Durant. James is clearly the all around better player by quite a bit... That being said it must be nice to have no titles and still have every single person in the media and league kiss your ***. Has there ever been a bad thing said about durant? James could go down as the best ever and he has been hated from day one because of said Hype. Durant has been loved. So yes if I was James I would be beyond jealous.

Durant might be the only person ever that could beat babies and people would honestly say well maybe they deserved it.

Sactown
01-18-2014, 05:19 AM
When did Amoser1 become the rational one with regards to Lebron? haha

Agreed on almost everything here. I don't think KD is any more entertaining then Lebron, but that's personal preference I guess. I also think your discounting the Thunder teams' talent with Harden, nor do I think the Heat were far superior to them in anyway.

Points on Lebron vs. DK were pretty much spot on though.

The point about LeBron having a superior cast isn't exactly true, Westbrook has been equally as good as Wade has been since LeBron joining and I doubt Bosh is better than the combination of Harden and Ibaka .. even with Harden gone the gap isn't very large if any gap is there at all.

Though the prediction isn't irrational at all

Sactown
01-18-2014, 05:24 AM
Some things I find interesting... The notion that If Durant had Wade and Bosh he would have 2 titles is false... I bet Lebron wishes when he came into the league he had the team that thunder have come to be and the talent they have had around durant for a while now. Durant would never be able to carry any team like Lebron does.

Other Note... If I was James I would also be very jealous of Durant. James is clearly the all around better player by quite a bit... That being said it must be nice to have no titles and still have every single person in the media and league kiss your ***. Has there ever been a bad thing said about durant? James could go down as the best ever and he has been hated from day one because of said Hype. Durant has been loved. So yes if I was James I would be beyond jealous.

Durant might be the only person ever that could beat babies and people would honestly say well maybe they deserved it.

Durant is still early in his career so the criticism isn't deserved yet. He hasn't lost games where his team was clearly superior ( maybe Dallas? Dallas did win it all) even though he was always the best player on the court. (Minus the heat series) time will only tell and if he doesn't get a ring in the next few years we might see the irrational criticism

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-18-2014, 06:17 AM
Lmao I wish we had a DPOY candidate on our squad.

The whole "durant plays with scrubs" is false and over exaggerated.

b@llhog24
01-18-2014, 07:03 AM
Durant is still early in his career so the criticism isn't deserved yet. He hasn't lost games where his team was clearly superior ( maybe Dallas? Dallas did win it all) even though he was always the best player on the court. (Minus the heat series) time will only tell and if he doesn't get a ring in the next few years we might see the irrational criticism

Nah I think he's saying KD doesn't get the irrational criticism Bron got when he was in Cleveland. Although an easy counter to that would be that Bron is the superior player so thus he's expected to do more. I do personally find it a bit irritating myself but he hasn't really done anything wrong yet.

holditdown
01-18-2014, 10:34 AM

LeBron left Cleveland to go play with another superstar and star. He will always be known as soft.

Drummond#1
01-18-2014, 11:51 AM
Yeah... Well he should be jealous.

Drummond#1
01-18-2014, 11:55 AM
LeBron left Cleveland to go play with another superstar and star. He will always be known as soft.

This. A slightly more accomplished Moses Malone caliber player. In ten years the GOAT talk will cease to exist.

RocketLoc80
01-18-2014, 12:07 PM
This. A slightly more accomplished Moses Malone caliber player. In ten years the GOAT talk will cease to exist.

So you think Durant will be remembered in 10 years more than Lebron and he will be higher up the all-time list huh

Drummond#1
01-18-2014, 12:10 PM

And how many All-Stars/Former All-Stars is KD currently playing with? A lot less than four.

RocketLoc80
01-18-2014, 12:15 PM
And how many All-Stars/Former All-Stars is KD currently playing with? A lot less than four.

Dud just admit you Hate Lebron and he`s overrated ok got damn we get it already troll

Jamiecballer
01-18-2014, 12:21 PM

By a relatively small segment of the population, this is true. These are the people who think it's not manly to go looking for a better situation.

Most people got over that initial reaction when they saw how hard they worked to get to the top of the mountain.

Maybe they needed to be reminded that regardless of team talent its never easy to win a championship.

holditdown
01-18-2014, 12:29 PM
By a relatively small segment of the population, this is true. These are the people who think it's not manly to go looking for a better situation.

Most people got over that initial reaction when they saw how hard they worked to get to the top of the mountain.

Maybe they needed to be reminded that regardless of team talent its never easy to win a championship.

Agree with the bold.

He's still soft.

RocketLoc80
01-18-2014, 12:41 PM
Agree with the bold.

He's still soft.

Lol at this but you just a troll talking crap over the PC. He`ll probably kick your *****

holditdown
01-18-2014, 12:48 PM
Lol at this but you just a troll talking crap over the PC. He`ll probably kick your *****

What's he gonna do? Beat me up? Is this middle school? I'm entitled to my own opinion.

RocketLoc80
01-18-2014, 12:58 PM
What's he gonna do? Beat me up? Is this middle school? I'm entitled to my own opinion.

your an a**hole with an opinion so what doesn`t mean it`s true like you and your fellow trolls want them to be

tredigs
01-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Nah I think he's saying KD doesn't get the irrational criticism Bron got when he was in Cleveland. Although an easy counter to that would be that Bron is the superior player so thus he's expected to do more. I do personally find it a bit irritating myself but he hasn't really done anything wrong yet.

It's more so because KD did not have the ESPN hype train tooting his horn since he was 16, airing a slew of his high school games on National TV, etc. KD also doesn't stick his foot in his mouth publicly, doesn't have "Chosen One" tattoed on his back, and hasn't lost series he should have won. Last year would've been the year it began, but nobody will put that on him after Westbrook goes down in game 2 and he + his cast played the way that they did (elite and horrible, respectively).

He's already exceeded all previous expectations anyone had of him coming into the league and has reached peak Bron status from a production standpoint this season, so I think it's gravy for a lot of casual fans, especially given his attitude.

People also don't ignore that Lebron has spent his career in the East and thus we expect a higher amount of playoff success, but this will be a year where KD will hear it if they don't make/win the finals or he doesn't absolutely crush it in a WCF loss.

EL_MACHETE
01-18-2014, 01:27 PM
This is BS from LeBron. Kevin Durant is far from a ballhog. He's the best scorer in the league and doesn't even take 20 shots a game.

Lebron had all the shots he wanted in Cleveland and that resulted in 0 rings. Not sure what there is to be jealous about

Enough Said!

LeBron you had your chance and you failed. You desperately wanted to win a Championship and you took that ***** way out by having to form a SuperTeam. You ain't the Best if you need to join other star in order to win..

KD35 for MVP

RocketLoc80
01-18-2014, 01:35 PM
It's more so because KD did not have the ESPN hype train tooting his horn since he was 16, airing a slew of his high school games on National TV, etc. KD also doesn't stick his foot in his mouth publicly, doesn't have "Chosen One" tattoed on his back, and hasn't lost series he should have won. Last year would've been the year it began, but nobody will put that on him after Westbrook goes down in game 2 and he + his cast played the way that they did (elite and horrible, respectively).

He's already exceeded all previous expectations anyone had of him coming into the league and has reached peak Bron status from a production standpoint this season, so I think it's gravy for a lot of casual fans, especially given his attitude.

People also don't ignore that Lebron has spent his career in the East and thus we expect a higher amount of playoff success, but this will be a year where KD will hear it if they don't make/win the finals or he doesn't absolutely crush it in a WCF loss.

So you saying no matter what Lebron does from here on out? He won`t go down as a legend or HOF?

RocketLoc80
01-18-2014, 01:36 PM
Enough Said!

LeBron you had your chance and you failed. You desperately wanted to win a Championship and you took that ***** way out by having to form a SuperTeam. You ain't the Best if you need to join other star in order to win..

KD35 for MVP

So you think Durant will be a top 10 player of all time more so than Lebron in 10 years?

tredigs
01-18-2014, 01:37 PM
So you saying no matter what Lebron does from here on out? He won`t go down as a legend or HOF?

The hell are you talking about? He's already both.

RocketLoc80
01-18-2014, 01:39 PM
The hell are you talking about? He's already both.

But you think and everybody does that Durant will be more legendary and closer to Jordan than Lebron is

tredigs
01-18-2014, 01:40 PM
But you think and everybody does that Durant will be more legendary and closer to Jordan than Lebron is

Put down the keyboard and take a walk outside kid. I have no idea wtf you're crying about.

RocketLoc80
01-18-2014, 01:42 PM
Put down the keyboard and take a walk outside kid. I have no idea wtf you're crying about.

They way you and everybody esle is talking it`s a forgone conclusion Lebron won`t win nomore championships at all

therealwd27
01-18-2014, 01:44 PM

I don't think I've ever seen a dumber comment on PSD, and thats saying ALOT!

RocketLoc80
01-18-2014, 02:05 PM

Co-****ing sign

Chronz
01-18-2014, 02:31 PM
They way you and everybody esle is talking it`s a forgone conclusion Lebron won`t win nomore championships at all

Wat?

EL_MACHETE
01-18-2014, 03:09 PM
So you think Durant will be a top 10 player of all time more so than Lebron in 10 years?

Yes, Without a doubt, but only time will tell

jerellh528
01-18-2014, 05:45 PM
For how great Lebron is, he's had on of the shortest reigns as top player dominance. Mj was like late 80s and most 90s. Kobe was late 90s-10. Lbj was 10-13. And ppl wanna call him goat lol.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-18-2014, 06:01 PM

Nice logic there, buddy.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-18-2014, 06:04 PM
For how great Lebron is, he's had on of the shortest reigns as top player dominance. Mj was like late 80s and most 90s. Kobe was late 90s-10. Lbj was 10-13. And ppl wanna call him goat lol.

Kobe was never the best player for more than a year or two. Good try there.

Lebron's been the best since 07 if you're trying to shove durant as the best player after not even half a season, lebron has had much better seasons in his Cleveland days. Thanks for trolling.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-18-2014, 06:37 PM

It's all about production my illogical friend.

Otherwise we could talk about the countless HOFers Kobe played with, etc.

Wade is hurt every other day, this team LACKS an inside presence, hence why every advanced stat defensively for the team is skewed, etc.

See this is what smart people do: they look at all the variables. Otherwise if we had people like you as scientists, I doubt we'd even realize that earth revolves around the sun, and in fact continue believing that all the planets revolve around earth.

Variables people. If you can't comprehend it, don't talk about the subject.

nastynice
01-18-2014, 06:56 PM
Here's a good article from cbs sports that I think explains Lebrons real motives for his comment.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/24410776/lebrons-comments-about-durant-are-really-about-angling-for-another-mvp

wow, I didn't realize how good KD was playing. Offensively his all around numbers are clearly better than lebron. But lebron's defense also has to be taken into account

nastynice
01-18-2014, 07:04 PM

na, c'mon, lebron has been dominant and in the top handful since well before 2010

5ass
01-18-2014, 07:15 PM

Lebron's been the best since 07 if you're trying to shove durant as the best player after not even half a season, lebron has had much better seasons in his Cleveland days. Thanks for trolling.
So insecure about kobe's legacy lol. Lebron and durant will push kobe outside the top 10 when its all said and done.

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-18-2014, 07:31 PM
So insecure about kobe's legacy lol. Lebron and durant will push kobe outside the top 10 when its all said and done.

Agreed.
He's just trying to promote durant without realizing Kobe is the odd man out here.

I lol'd at Kobe best player late 90s to 00s haha.

b@llhog24
01-18-2014, 08:21 PM

Which series in Cleveland should Bron have won that he didn't? But either way like I said it's irrational hatred.

b@llhog24
01-18-2014, 08:23 PM

:laugh:

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-18-2014, 08:29 PM
:laugh:

Lol and his avatar is of Albert Einstein. The only similarity is that they both are probably high school drop outs.

b@llhog24
01-18-2014, 08:38 PM
Lol and his avatar is of Albert Einstein. The only similarity is that they both are probably high school drop outs.

Yea I think he does that to make himself seem smarter.

jerellh528
01-18-2014, 08:43 PM

You're something else. Neither myself or Einstein were high school drop outs. Albert quit regular high school because he was smarter than his teachers and finished high school at a special school for the gifted. I don't even know why I'm replying to a LeBoner like you who is blind to anything besides the Lebron wiener in your booty hole. And as for the other guy, I'm not even going to bother replying, his username is ballhog24 and all his posts are nonsense

Chronz
01-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Seriously?

jerellh528
01-18-2014, 08:49 PM
Seriously?

What?

Chronz
01-18-2014, 08:56 PM
What?

Thats what Im saying.

Drummond#1
01-18-2014, 08:57 PM

Explain your position. I bring a new idea putting Lebrons "infallible" legacy into perspective and I'm a troll? Maybe you should learn some basketball history.

Similarities:

Both began playing straight out of high school.
Neither could win a championship on their own after failed trips to the finals.
Both left their original teams after MVP seasons to win a championship.
Moses: 3 MVPs in what most people consider the golden age of the NBA.
Lebron: 4 MVPs in one of the sports weakest superstar eras.
Moses is often listed as a top 10-12 GOAT talent.

Look at Moses stats from the late 70s-mid 80s. He was beyond beast. And he was doing this against Kareem, Wes Unseld, and Walton.

jerellh528
01-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Thats what Im saying.

lol. OKAY, my comment was pretty controversial I know, but look at it, it's the truth. As far as majority of the globe/ media/ fans go. LBJ was never regarded as top player until he went to miami. jordan/kobe have been widely regarded as cream of the crop for over a decades's span with 5 and 6 rings respectively. Now you have KD who is dominating games in a way LBJ himself is jealous of. Pretty soon people are going to be KD this, KD that and LBJ might be forgotten in the tradition of guys like the big O etc. His window of dominance just happened to be short, but of course that can all change if the heat win a ring this year. Then LBJ would be on top of the basketball world yet again. Just try to look at it with leBoner glasses off, it makes sense.

Chronz
01-18-2014, 09:13 PM
lol. OKAY, my comment was pretty controversial I know, but look at it, it's the truth. As far as majority of the globe/ media/ fans go. LBJ was never regarded as top player until he went to miami. jordan/kobe have been widely regarded as cream of the crop for over a decades's span with 5 and 6 rings respectively. Now you have KD who is dominating games in a way LBJ himself is jealous of. Pretty soon people are going to be KD this, KD that and LBJ might be forgotten in the tradition of guys like the big O etc. His window of dominance just happened to be short, but of course that can all change if the heat win a ring this year. Then LBJ would be on top of the basketball world yet again. Just try to look at it with leBoner glasses off, it makes sense.
Except that its not true because no one was dumb enough to claim Kobe as the best player in the league when he wasn't even the best player on his team during the span you claimed.

jerellh528
01-18-2014, 09:18 PM
Except that its not true because no one was dumb enough to claim Kobe as the best player in the league when he wasn't even the best player on his team during the span you claimed.

Except for everyone.... Obviously nobody, even kobe or jordan has literally been the best player in the league for over a decade. I'm talking mix of dominance, titles, and the perception of the masses. LBJ has only held that title of "the guy" since about 2010, seems like the winds are now shifting to KD. hence why I said his window was so short.

nastynice
01-18-2014, 09:18 PM

lol, no, Kobe's been a dominant player and in the top handful of players in the league for almost a decade

nastynice
01-18-2014, 09:20 PM
Explain your position. I bring a new idea putting Lebrons "infallible" legacy into perspective and I'm a troll? Maybe you should learn some basketball history.

Similarities:

Both began playing straight out of high school.
Neither could win a championship on their own after failed trips to the finals.
Both left their original teams after MVP seasons to win a championship.
Moses: 3 MVPs in what most people consider the golden age of the NBA.
Lebron: 4 MVPs in one of the sports weakest superstar eras.
Moses is often listed as a top 10-12 GOAT talent.

Look at Moses stats from the late 70s-mid 80s. He was beyond beast. And he was doing this against Kareem, Wes Unseld, and Walton.

That's actually pretty fair post. Thing is, lebron still has a lot of basketball left, A LOT, trying to rank him in a historical sense at this point in time is just not fair.

FraziersKnicks
01-18-2014, 10:09 PM

This is sig worthy :laugh2: :laugh2:

Chronz
01-18-2014, 10:21 PM
Except for everyone.... Obviously nobody, even kobe or jordan has literally been the best player in the league for over a decade. I'm talking mix of dominance, titles, and the perception of the masses. LBJ has only held that title of "the guy" since about 2010, seems like the winds are now shifting to KD. hence why I said his window was so short.
You're not explaining how Kobe can be the best player in the L during a span in which he wasn't even the best player on the team.

If you cant explain that why would I trust your "window"?

b@llhog24
01-18-2014, 10:56 PM

You're something else. Neither myself or Einstein were high school drop outs. Albert quit regular high school because he was smarter than his teachers and finished high school at a special school for the gifted. I don't even know why I'm replying to a LeBoner like you who is blind to anything besides the Lebron wiener in your booty hole. And as for the other guy, I'm not even going to bother replying, his username is ballhog24 and all his posts are nonsense

Sure thing champ.

bucketss
01-18-2014, 11:07 PM
how come kobe fans don't use their same reasoning of kobe vs lebron, with durant vs lebron. back in 2009 when kobe was coming off a championship it was "let lebron win one before hes compared to kobe". but some of them have no problem puting durant up there with bron.

b@llhog24
01-18-2014, 11:58 PM
how come kobe fans don't use their same reasoning of kobe vs lebron, with durant vs lebron. back in 2009 when kobe was coming off a championship it was "let lebron win one before hes compared to kobe". but some of them have no problem puting durant up there with bron.

That my friend is what we call a double standard.

Chronz
01-19-2014, 12:27 AM

Maybe they've gotten smarter? Realized its a team game and that chips dont completely define you, they define the team. a

Then again, maybe not

therealwd27
01-19-2014, 12:37 AM

Sorry Drummond#1 I stand corrected I did not look at it like that, but trying to rank LBJ before he is even done is not fair

And also this is now by far the dumbest thing ive ever read, i actually feel a little dumber having read it

Drummond#1
01-19-2014, 01:33 AM
Sorry Drummond#1 I stand corrected I did not look at it like that, but trying to rank LBJ before he is even done is not fair

And also this is now by far the dumbest thing ive ever read, i actually feel a little dumber having read it

If LeBron maintains this level into his 30s then that will be scary and he will without a doubt pass all the players we're talking about. Then he will be in the Kareem, Oscar, MJ discussion IMO.

Chronz
01-19-2014, 02:10 AM
If LeBron maintains this level into his 30s then that will be scary and he will without a doubt pass all the players we're talking about. Then he will be in the Kareem, Oscar, MJ discussion IMO.

Why Oscar? He didn't really maintain his play well into his 30's

Drummond#1
01-19-2014, 02:18 AM
Why Oscar? He didn't really maintain his play well into his 30's

True. I still think he's up there due to his overall performance. Kareem has gone on record as calling him the GOAT.

Chronz
01-19-2014, 02:24 AM
True. I still think he's up there due to his overall performance. Kareem has gone on record as calling him the GOAT.

I think I remember Kareem saying that about Wilt as well, after a career of trashing him.

mngopher35
01-19-2014, 02:26 AM

Come on man.

Kobe was a bench player, second best on his own team let alone being best in the league, and then had a stretch where people questioned if he could ever win without shaq. He then won in 2009 and 2010. I just do not see how you have him as the dominant top player with all of those factors. He had maybe had a couple years as top dog but not nearly the span you listed.

nastynice
01-19-2014, 04:46 AM

That's a bold statement. Both players are going to have to put up a handful more of prime caliber years to even sniff kobe right now. You gotta let these guys play before comparing them to an all time great like kobe.

holditdown
01-19-2014, 01:57 PM
LeBron is so soft and entitled it's disgusting. First he left Cleveland cuz he was whining about supporting cast. He was the man there. Now he's whining because he's getting as many shots with other star players.

You can't have it both ways man.

LBJackpot
01-19-2014, 09:01 PM

You're either joking or this is the worst post of all time and thats not an exaggeration. Kobe wasnt even the best player on his own team in the 90s/early 2000's.

Also, gotta love how LeBron was easily outproducing Kobe since atleast 2009 but since LeBron didnt have rings people considered Kobe the best player. Now Durant is outproducing LeBron (for only half a season) and people want to put him as the best player when he has 0 rings and 0 MVPs. Interesting to say the least.

bucketss
01-19-2014, 11:08 PM
You're either joking or this is the worst post of all time and thats not an exaggeration. Kobe wasnt even the best player on his own team in the 90s/early 2000's.

Also, gotta love how LeBron was easily outproducing Kobe since atleast 2009 but since LeBron didnt have rings people considered Kobe the best player. Now Durant is outproducing LeBron (for only half a season) and people want to put him as the best player when he has 0 rings and 0 MVPs. Interesting to say the least.

i would say even as far back as 2008

NBA_Starter
01-19-2014, 11:59 PM
LBJ will give us something special soon!

LBJackpot
01-20-2014, 06:25 AM
i would say even as far back as 2008

I think so also but 2009 for me was when LeBron became a whole nother animal. I think his series against the Magic with 38 8 8 was easily one of the best losing efforts of all time.

Pierre The Poet
01-22-2014, 03:53 AM
People really think KD is as good as Bron? It's not close to me. Only problem I see with Lebron is that when he starts getting into his 30s and his athleticism fades...that's a HUGE part of his game...he doesn't have the skills that players like Kobe and KD have

Pierre The Poet
01-22-2014, 03:55 AM
You're not explaining how Kobe can be the best player in the L during a span in which he wasn't even the best player on the team.

If you cant explain that why would I trust your "window"?

I think he was the best player on the team. It was their motto then, Shaq even said it. "Kobe's the best player in the league. I'm the most dominant player in the league" Shaq put up the craziest numbers against the sorry East teams in the finals but Kobe put up the better numbers in the West playoffs against the real championship contenders like the Blazers, Kings, and Spurs.

Tony_Starks
01-22-2014, 10:59 AM
I think he was the best player on the team. It was their motto then, Shaq even said it. "Kobe's the best player in the league. I'm the most dominant player in the league" Shaq put up the craziest numbers against the sorry East teams in the finals but Kobe put up the better numbers in the West playoffs against the real championship contenders like the Blazers, Kings, and Spurs.

+ 1