PDA

View Full Version : Lebroning

Kevj77
01-14-2014, 01:26 AM
Move this if it doesn't belong in the NBA forum. This isn't about Lebron everyone flops, but he obviously is so much stronger than anyone he plays against and is the biggest star in the NBA so I guess that's how it got the name.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201401/new-internet-trend-lebroning-mocks-heat-stars-exaggerated-flops

Slug3
01-14-2014, 02:10 AM
Oh geez.

Leftcoast_yg
01-14-2014, 02:12 AM
Hahaa they can add chris-hard-ffining to it

Zefflin
01-14-2014, 02:34 AM
That's why no one takes Leflop seriously.

Shlumpledink
01-14-2014, 03:17 AM
It is kind of sad this is a part of someones legacy

jaydubb
01-14-2014, 03:51 AM
I'd respect him a lot more if he didn't do this.. The guy ****in dominates everyone... EVERYONE because he's bigger and faster and stronger then everyone else and its not even close but then he "gets knocked on his azz" by Derek Fisher and DJ Augustine.. Hmm..

Niro
01-14-2014, 03:58 AM
seems like some of you never played any sport. it doesnt matter how strong or fast you are if you are moving in one direction or if you are in air a little contact is enough to throw you off balance and make you fall....

Kevj77
01-14-2014, 04:05 AM
seems like some of you never played any sport. it doesnt matter how strong or fast you are if you are moving in one direction or if you are in air a little contact is enough to throw you off balance and make you fall....Come on it is a parody because he is one of the strongest athletes to ever play in the NBA of obvious flops.

It is funny.

nastynice
01-14-2014, 04:06 AM
lol. did he flop in cleveland too? I don't get why he even does that, he's such an athletic freak he can just jump right over the player instead

jaydubb
01-14-2014, 04:57 AM
seems like some of you never played any sport. it doesnt matter how strong or fast you are if you are moving in one direction or if you are in air a little contact is enough to throw you off balance and make you fall....

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: I really hope your kidding...

FreakaNashur
01-14-2014, 06:28 AM
lol. did he flop in cleveland too? I don't get why he even does that, he's such an athletic freak he can just jump right over the player insteadwhat does jumping have to do with flopping?

jp611
01-14-2014, 07:36 AM
This is awesome :laugh2:

NYJ - NYY
01-14-2014, 10:00 AM

C'mon mannnnnnnn

beasted86
01-14-2014, 11:19 AM
You take LeBron, a guy who was getting to the FT line over 10 times a night and now he has to exaggerate some content just to get to the FT line 7 times a night. It's really that simple. The refs don't call the same fouls that LeBron, Wade, and Bosh are used to getting their entire career. Refs purposely call their games differently and allow teams to be more physical against them than most others, because if they didn't, the HEAT would be shooting around 35-40 FTs a game.

For reference, the Cavs in 2010 shot 27.1 free throws a game. The Miami HEAT in 2011 shot 27.9 free throws a game... and haven't even got to that number since then. A lot of people will want to say I'm lying, making stuff up, stop crying, or simply war cry "LeFLOP!!!!", but the facts are right there in your face whether you want to deny it or not.

conway429
01-14-2014, 11:28 AM
^ Lebron used to shoot 10 FTs a game when he took 23 shots per game. now he goes 7.3 times for 16 shots per game. he goes to the line less because he shoots less
the stats are right in your face whether you want to deny it or not.

PacersForLife
01-14-2014, 11:58 AM
I find it hilarious if you think the Heat don't get enough calls...

72 Wins
01-14-2014, 12:09 PM
^ Lebron used to shoot 10 FTs a game when he took 23 shots per game. now he goes 7.3 times for 16 shots per game. he goes to the line less because he shoots less

BOOM. Heat apologetics need to just enjoy "LEBRONING" like everyone else.

beasted86
01-14-2014, 12:11 PM

What is that supposed to say again? Please tell me, because I honestly don't know.

His usage went from 33.5% to 31.5%. Or even if you want to stick to your own guidelines and compare his career high FGA in 06 to career low in 2014, the usage rate is still only 33.6% vs. 29.5%

NYKnickFanatic
01-14-2014, 12:12 PM
You take LeBron, a guy who was getting to the FT line over 10 times a night and now he has to exaggerate some content just to get to the FT line 7 times a night. It's really that simple. The refs don't call the same fouls that LeBron, Wade, and Bosh are used to getting their entire career. Refs purposely call their games differently and allow teams to be more physical against them than most others, because if they didn't, the HEAT would be shooting around 35-40 FTs a game.

For reference, the Cavs in 2010 shot 27.1 free throws a game. The Miami HEAT in 2011 shot 27.9 free throws a game... and haven't even got to that number since then. A lot of people will want to say I'm lying, making stuff up, stop crying, or simply war cry "LeFLOP!!!!", but the facts are right there in your face whether you want to deny it or not.

Illuminati.

beasted86
01-14-2014, 12:18 PM
Illuminati.

I hope you enjoy your "accidental" assassination for outing this.

NYKnickFanatic
01-14-2014, 12:29 PM
I hope you enjoy your "accidental" assassination for outing this.

:love:

smiddy012
01-14-2014, 12:33 PM
It is kind of sad this is a part of someones legacy

x2

conway429
01-14-2014, 12:55 PM
What is that supposed to say again? Please tell me, because I honestly don't know.

His usage went from 33.5% to 31.5%. Or even if you want to stick to your own guidelines and compare his career high FGA in 06 to career low in 2014, the usage rate is still only 33.6% vs. 29.5%

No, you're right. The Heat don't get any calls. The NBA is conspiring against the Heat because they want them to lose. That's the only possible explanation.

This isn't even what this thread is about anyways. Did you watch the video? Somehow you decided to try to turn this into a poor LeBron pity thread.

He flops excessively and it's embarrassing for a player of his caliber who will leave an everlasting mark on the NBA. It's ok to just admit that...

beasted86
01-14-2014, 01:03 PM
No, you're right. The Heat don't get any calls. The NBA is conspiring against the Heat because they want them to lose. That's the only possible explanation.

I don't know about all of that.

What I do know is I see a guy yawn too hard and wind from it blows over a frail Kevin Martin and he gets a foul call. The same exact pressure of contact is given to another player and because it simply doesn't move them it isn't a foul. The premise of this thread is no player should ever sell contact, but if no contact was ever sold then half of the same fouls other players get wouldn't be consistently called. It almost becomes a competitive advantage to be a small frail body player at that point.

farren.louis
01-14-2014, 01:15 PM
It'll make Lebron think twice about flopping now. I think its hilarious and well deserved . My generation doesnt take Lebron serious he's good but half of us still think lebron is a chump and a bit soft.IMO Some will call it "Hating" but he's 6'8 270 falling to the ground like BIOTCH

conway429
01-14-2014, 01:22 PM
I don't know about all of that.

What I do know is I see a guy yawn too hard and wind from it blows over a frail Kevin Martin and he gets a foul call. The same exact pressure of contact is given to another player and because it simply doesn't move them it isn't a foul. The premise of this thread is no player should ever sell contact, but if no contact was ever sold then half of the same fouls other players get wouldn't be consistently called. It almost becomes a competitive advantage to be a small frail body player at that point.

I guess I agree with your premise, just not your application to Lebron... Lebron gets called for an extremely low number of fouls (1.4 per game I think?), so I just generally laugh anytime a Heat fan claims that calls aren't going their way.

FlashBolt
01-14-2014, 01:43 PM
Heat average the 11th most free throws per game.. They don't get all that many calls. If you think they do, you're clearly a hater.

NoahH
01-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Sadly there isn't more of these videos on YouTube yet! Everyone start LeBroning

Matter.
01-14-2014, 01:56 PM
I showed my friend who doesn't watch basketball, a video of lebron flopping, called him a big *** cry baby because of the frame that Bron has

ghettosean
01-14-2014, 02:00 PM
Peter Griffin Lebroning... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gz02QZSNPY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ghettosean
01-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Just to quickly add that it's kind of sad that one of the greatest of all time is going to be known as a flopper... If you look at the top 20 players of all time now a days you won't associate them with flopping. We are the age of video's and camera phones and this will always be attached to his legacy sad to say and just another piece of the list of reasons why he should never be compared to MJ.

D-Leethal
01-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Lmfaoooo. Well done youngins across the land, well done.

D-Leethal
01-14-2014, 02:30 PM
To his credit, it seemed like last year LeBron got shamed into cutting back big time on the flopping. Havent watched enough this year to know for sure. Harden is more appropriate here and now.

Ezio
01-14-2014, 02:40 PM
This is gonna catch on quickly but die faster than planking.

blahblahyoutoo
01-14-2014, 02:44 PM
Heat average the 11th most free throws per game.. They don't get all that many calls. If you think they do, you're clearly a hater.

which is low for the amount of drives they make to the hoop instead of settling for jumpers.

blahblahyoutoo
01-14-2014, 02:45 PM
To his credit, it seemed like last year LeBron got shamed into cutting back big time on the flopping. Havent watched enough this year to know for sure. Harden is more appropriate here and now.

hardening? has a better ring to it.

Theyhateme459
01-14-2014, 02:50 PM
I don;t understand...

1) Most of these are old videos and not curent

2) These are the same clips from years that has been around... It's not like these are a every game, every week, or even every month thing.... I'm not sure how something which has happened so little times in his career is now part of his Legacy because you go pull all clips from past years.

ghettosean
01-14-2014, 03:03 PM
I don;t understand...

1) Most of these are old videos and not curent

2) These are the same clips from years that has been around... It's not like these are a every game, every week, or even every month thing.... I'm not sure how something which has happened so little times in his career is now part of his Legacy because you go pull all clips from past years.

Maybe you should pull clips from MJ, Karl Malone, Wilt, Magic, Duncan or any of the other top 20 greatest of all time so you can get the small sample size from them have fun finding your needle in the haystack :)

(if there is even a needle in the haystack)

***edit
Just to add though regarding the top 20 now that I'm thinking of it Shaq flopped a couple of times when he was long past his prime but --> never in his prime or before would he act like a child holding his face or flop to the ground (thought I'd add that in to be fair to all those people Lebroning out there).

NYKnickFanatic
01-14-2014, 03:09 PM

Yeah, LeBroning doesn't sound good at all.

Ezio
01-14-2014, 03:43 PM

Hardening sounds like a pokemon thing though.

flea
01-14-2014, 03:47 PM
Flopping/star calls are a big part of why the NBA is an inferior form of basketball. I don't blame Lebron, I blame the system that made him.

FlashBolt
01-14-2014, 04:50 PM
So this is a word to define a flopper? Who cares if he flops. If everyone is doing it for an advantage and it's not being called for, guess who will flop? Players who want to win. I hate flopping but go blame the league for allowing it to happen. Don't blame a player who can make something out of the league's inconsistency.

JoeBlessU
01-14-2014, 04:59 PM
So this is a word to define a flopper? Who cares if he flops. If everyone is doing it for an advantage and it's not being called for, guess who will flop? Players who want to win. I hate flopping but go blame the league for allowing it to happen. Don't blame a player who can make something out of the league's inconsistency.

Hmmm...Just a few days ago lebron ripped AK47 for flopping. Seems a bit ironic...

"I thought Kirilenko flopped a few times," said James, who fouled out for just the sixth time in his career. "To be honest, I thought he flopped and he got the call. I thought the last one that fouled me out (against Shaun Livingston) could have been a foul for sure. But Kirienko definitely flopped on me a couple times and got the call."

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/409908-lebron-james-rips-andrei-kirilenko-for-flopping

Raps18-19 Champ
01-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Lol.

TheMightyHumph
01-14-2014, 05:11 PM

No one is blaming Lebron.

We are just laughing at his act.

NBA is about entertainment, no?

ghettosean
01-14-2014, 06:13 PM

Dude it's just a thing that kids are doing because he's known as a flopper so is CP3 and other players... I agree that flopping is part of the game of basketball these days but it sure as hell shouldn't be it's a cowardly way to get a couple of free throws.

NYJ - NYY
01-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Just to quickly add that it's kind of sad that one of the greatest of all time is going to be known as a flopper... If you look at the top 20 players of all time now a days you won't associate them with flopping. We are the age of video's and camera phones and this will always be attached to his legacy sad to say and just another piece of the list of reasons why he should never be compared to MJ.

While I agree about the top twenty... It was a different league back then and records and perceptions change with the league.... Lebron is one of the worst flippers I've ever seen but he is still the best in the game and he maybe goat when all is said and done... From a knick fan

LA_Raiders
01-14-2014, 08:55 PM
Lol, LeFlop

Chronz
01-14-2014, 09:06 PM

Dude it's just a thing that kids are doing because he's known as a flopper so is CP3 and other players... I agree that flopping is part of the game of basketball these days but it sure as hell shouldn't be it's a cowardly way to get a couple of free throws.
Why wouldn't you do whatever it takes to win ?

FlashBolt
01-14-2014, 10:43 PM

No one is blaming Lebron.

We are just laughing at his act.

NBA is about entertainment, no?

No one? People seem to think players are at fault but the big picture leads to the NBA not finding a solution. Players should be suspended for a game without pay or fined 1/82 of their salary. We'll see who flops then.. $5000? They won't even feel a pinch.

beasted86
01-14-2014, 11:01 PM
No one? People seem to think players are at fault but the big picture leads to the NBA not finding a solution. Players should be suspended for a game without pay or fined 1/82 of their salary. We'll see who flops then.. $5000? They won't even feel a pinch.

If you think flopping warrants essentially a 1 game suspension (at least financially), then your whole value system is loco. Either that or you left out the part about all of the other fines increasing as well.

If guys are docked 1 game for flopping they should get like 1 game for a flagrant 1 foul, 2 games for a flagrant 2 foul, 10-20 games for a DUI or other drug conviction... 20 games for an assault/domestic related charge, 1/2 season to lifetime for other felony conviction, 1 full season to lifetime for PED. Right?

Because I would look at the NBA as a joke of a league if they went on to strictly enforce penalties against flopping and left way those above more critical and detrimental actions that shouldn't be given as an example to kids.

cmellofan15
01-14-2014, 11:41 PM
This thread is hilarious, im not sure whether to troll or laugh. The recurring response to all of your posts should be somewhere along the lines of "u mad bro?".

Let the man win, if he can get a competitive edge then why not take it? Especially when he's one of MANY who do it. and there's no way you can say he does it the most, most of these clips are pretty old anyways.

TheMightyHumph
01-14-2014, 11:54 PM
While I agree about the top twenty... It was a different league back then and records and perceptions change with the league.... Lebron is one of the worst flippers I've ever seen but he is still the best in the game and he maybe goat when all is said and done... From a knick fan

But you have to admit, some of Lebron's flops are REALLY funny to watch when they replay them.

He may have a future career on the stage.

Also, the GREATEST flopper of all time was Ron Lee. His flopping actually got an inferior Suns team into the Finals, and almost won them an NBA Title.

He was so good that he couldn't get a charge call the next season or the rest of his career, even if it was legitimate.

Nick O
01-15-2014, 12:16 AM
i prefer the video at the bottom of jerry west shooting

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-15-2014, 12:40 AM
Lol

Vinny642
01-15-2014, 01:39 AM
Funniest **** ever...

amos1er
01-15-2014, 04:56 AM
First there was Tebowing, then there was Faith Hilling, now there is Lebroning. LMAO I'm loving this.

amos1er
01-15-2014, 05:22 AM
Why wouldn't you do whatever it takes to win ?

So can I assume correctly that you are of the opinion that winning dishonorably is the same as winning honorably? Or do you have no distinction between the two? Is a win just a win no matter what as long as you get the W in the books? That said... Is it safe for me to assume that you give Park Si-Hun's victory over Roy Jones Jr. in the 1988 Olympics the same credence you would to any other win? He got the gold right... Does this "do whatever it takes to win" philosophy extend to cheating? Or do you draw boundaries? And if so, how and where do you draw them??? What are your feelings on keeping record breaking baseball players out of the hall of fame who were later found to be using PED's? Does this mean you are a Barry Bonds supporter? He did whatever it took to win. Additionally, there was no direct proof that he was using during time periods when he was hitting the home runs which later led to him breaking the all-time record. If you make an exception for one rule violation, shouldn't it then fair to make an exception for all rule violations? Shouldn't there be ethics in sports? Would you not agree that this sort of mentality takes the sport out of sports?

amos1er
01-15-2014, 09:33 PM

Very well said. Hopefully Lebron changes his flopping ways after this little parody. This is not something he should be proud of.

TheMightyHumph
01-16-2014, 01:00 AM

I'm sorry. Let me clarify.

Idiots are blaming Lebron.

Others are blaming the league, which is correct.

I just enjoy this massive entity flying hither and yon after a player 80 pounds lighter than massive knocks massive sprawling to the court after the lighter player has taken a swipe at the ball that massive is holding or dribbling.

NOW THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT. Kinda like professional wrestling.

*Silver&Black*
01-16-2014, 01:35 AM
They shouldn't just call this Lebroning though. CP3, Wade and Blake can't escape this awesome new fad.

nastynice
01-16-2014, 03:01 AM
what does jumping have to do with flopping?

rather than flopping, he can just as easily get right by a defender. He's flopping vs players who are so physically inferior to him, I don't understand why.

zn23
01-16-2014, 08:52 PM
lol this is actually really funny.

BoSox47
01-16-2014, 09:13 PM

lmao seems like youve never played the sport football. Even rugby tho most havent.

cmellofan15
01-16-2014, 09:21 PM
So can I assume correctly that you are of the opinion that winning dishonorably is the same as winning honorably? Or do you have no distinction between the two? Is a win just a win no matter what as long as you get the W in the books? That said... Is it safe for me to assume that you give Park Si-Hun's victory over Roy Jones Jr. in the 1988 Olympics the same credence you would to any other win? He got the gold right... Does this "do whatever it takes to win" philosophy extend to cheating? Or do you draw boundaries? And if so, how and where do you draw them??? What are your feelings on keeping record breaking baseball players out of the hall of fame who were later found to be using PED's? Does this mean you are a Barry Bonds supporter? He did whatever it took to win. Additionally, there was no direct proof that he was using during time periods when he was hitting the home runs which later led to him breaking the all-time record. If you make an exception for one rule violation, shouldn't it then fair to make an exception for all rule violations? Shouldn't there be ethics in sports? Would you not agree that this sort of mentality takes the sport out of sports?

Yeah dude whatever happened to having honor...if you flop or support it you must be an anarchist...real legends dont flop!

http://youtu.be/VHv9CYCGglQ

http://youtu.be/XvTYPrV4qxE

http://youtu.be/NKuKCst6wms

(Maybe he just got "Jalen Rosed" again in that last one)

jmartin80
01-16-2014, 09:28 PM
I think it is hilarious.

When people start walking around and crying and complaining about everything, I call it Wade-ing.

cmellofan15
01-16-2014, 10:00 PM
Remember when Kobe used flail his arms around and hit people? Was that ever cheating? Should A Rods suspension be lifted? Should Aaron Hernandez be freed?

JdKing7
01-16-2014, 10:20 PM

Come on now. People would almost agree with you if Lebron worked on his acting skills a little bit. Most of the time it is a blatantly obvious flop and exaggerated to the extreme.

natelpete
01-16-2014, 11:02 PM
That's hilarious, I've never seen anything quite like it. People filming themselves falling down like Lebron must be a new thing. These guys are real innovators. Can't wait to see some more threads on it.