PDA

View Full Version : The Heat no longer interested in Bynum - via Marc J. Spears

KniCks4LiFe
01-13-2014, 12:44 PM
The Heat are not expected to pursue free-agent center Andrew Bynum because they already have Greg Oden and have 15 roster spots filled, a league source said.

Code for LeBron said hell no or I go.

NYKnickFanatic
01-13-2014, 12:50 PM
Well how much could they offer anyway? Bynum has said he isn't looking for the minimum.

Guppyfighter
01-13-2014, 12:50 PM
Doubt it.

Did anyone except Cav fans watch Bynum this year? Bynum sucked dick this year.

Goose17
01-13-2014, 12:52 PM
Who would want him? I was just listening to Bruce Bowen talking about this, nobody needs a distraction like that on their team. Him and J.R should just team up and dominate the D-league for a while (Maybe invite Stephen Jackson), nobody wants them.

RipCity32
01-13-2014, 12:55 PM
I'm surprised NOs hasn't been interested yet. They said they were looking for a Center to pair with Davis. Dudes probably just to much of a problem to deal with.

ManRam
01-13-2014, 12:56 PM
Said all along I doubted he'd go to Miami. I'm not too stunned.

Though, a healthy Bynum (basically a unicorn at this point) would certainly help. Gotta hope Oden can do something...or anything...now.

Chronz
01-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Clips are out too. Leaves Houston

KniCks4LiFe
01-13-2014, 01:07 PM

Brooklyn and NY are major dark horses here.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-13-2014, 01:33 PM
I hope there is some sort of collusion amongst teams to just keep this moron out of the league. Although I'm sure once FA hits, he'll get 10+ annually from someone.

NYKnickFanatic
01-13-2014, 02:01 PM

Both are in need of a C, but they are two of the hottest teams to start the new year. If they keep it up, I don't see either of them signing him. Why would they want to risk the chemistry they have?

Stunner
01-13-2014, 02:09 PM
Boston

sixer04fan
01-13-2014, 02:11 PM
He's clearly coming back to Philly. His time here was such a positive experience, the fans love him, and he parted with the team on such good terms.

Chronz
01-13-2014, 02:22 PM

Major Darkhorses sounds like an oxymoron to me. Houston was a clear 3rd in his preferred places to sign. If hes worth the $, Houston will sign him. If they pass on him then its up to the rest of the litter.

PacersForLife
01-13-2014, 02:26 PM
I'm thinking Houston or Brooklyn.

Stunner
01-13-2014, 02:40 PM
Brooklyn already came out and said they won't sign Bynum and wouldn't use the disabled exception on him . Plus it makes no sense to pay two injuried riddled C 'a when they could trade for Asik . My guess it's either the Mavs ,Boston or nobody at all . Nobody wants to hand him more than the min after what he just pulled .

hotdalton18
01-13-2014, 02:44 PM
Well how much could they offer anyway? Bynum has said he isn't looking for the minimum.

We have over 3 million

hotdalton18
01-13-2014, 02:44 PM
The Heat are not expected to pursue free-agent center Andrew Bynum because they already have Greg Oden and have 15 roster spots filled, a league source said.

No

They just have faith in Oden

KniCks4LiFe
01-13-2014, 02:47 PM
No

They just have faith in Oden

sure they do :rolleyes:

GiantsSwaGG
01-13-2014, 02:58 PM
I can see him signing with a bowling team if Houston doesn't want him!

PacersForLife
01-13-2014, 03:09 PM
Would Boston really risk bringing a guy like Bynum in with a rookie coach and a bunch of young players, though?

GunFactor187
01-13-2014, 03:22 PM
Pacers?

PacersForLife
01-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Pacers?

Rumor is that they were only ever interested to keep him away from Miami and if Miami truly isn't interested anymore then I'm guessing neither are the Pacers.

NYKnickFanatic
01-13-2014, 04:01 PM
We have over 3 million

Ok thanks.

naps
01-13-2014, 04:49 PM
Someone please help me understand why would Houston and Bynum have mutual interest? I mean I probably understand why Houston would want him as a cheap back up for Dwight in case they trade Asik, which they will by the deadline, but how in the world would Bynum be interested in such a roster where he would barely see the floor?

Slug3
01-13-2014, 04:57 PM

They could offer him the mini mle at like 3.2 million. But he's such a cancer I'm sure that's why they don't want him.

RipCity32
01-13-2014, 04:57 PM
Nobody want this clown

IKnowHoops
01-13-2014, 04:58 PM
We shall see what happens. I still think the Heat could use him as bad as they get beat up on the boards every night. May just be word play, but thats just me thinking with absolutely nothing to go by making that assumption other than the guy is 7'1 and the heat can't rebound.

tr3ymill3r
01-13-2014, 05:09 PM
I keep hearing that it's because of having Oden on the team. Wouldn't it make more sense to cut Anthony and sign Bynum and let Oden and Bynum rotate at C and take every other game off. It sounds ridiculous, but it would allow the Heat to have a 7 footer on the floor, and still allow them to have time to rest as well.

KingPosey
01-13-2014, 05:12 PM

Unless somehow they move him, the rockets would want DH, Asik AND Bynum...?

beasted86
01-13-2014, 05:19 PM

Still have tax payer mid-level

beasted86
01-13-2014, 05:24 PM
I suggested a while ago he go to Atlanta with Horford injured.

xxplayerxx23
01-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Unless somehow they move him, the rockets would want DH, Asik AND Bynum...?

Good depth and I think asik will be traded IMO

NBA_Starter
01-13-2014, 06:00 PM
I have a feeling they will regret this.

Asik's better
01-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Call me not in the know but is there any articles linking Houston to Bynum or is this psd thing?

THE MTL
01-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Good. Hes just trying to be a leech on a good team.

unleashthebeast
01-13-2014, 09:24 PM
I keep hearing that it's because of having Oden on the team. Wouldn't it make more sense to cut Anthony and sign Bynum and let Oden and Bynum rotate at C and take every other game off. It sounds ridiculous, but it would allow the Heat to have a 7 footer on the floor, and still allow them to have time to rest as well.

Indeed it would, but Anthony is on the books for next year as well at like 3.7 million so we can't just cut him. If we find someone to take his contract on, by enticing them with a first rounder or something, then I think there's still a chance we go for Bynum

Cracka2HI!
01-13-2014, 09:30 PM
I'd still like to see him on the Clippers. I've heard here the team isn't interested anymore but I haven't read it from a reputable source. I would also wonder if at this point it's Bynum who isn't interested because the Clipps can only offer the minimum. If his price comes down it still wouldn't surprise me to see it happen. I wonder what DJ would think of it, but honestly Bynum in the shape he's in now is no threat to DJ's job. My only worry would be DJ feeling pressure and losing confidence knowing there is a warm body on the bench that can be big, get rebounds and make free throws. They currently don't have anyone like that and DJ has been beaten out by guys like Reggie Evans, K-Mart and Odom in the last 3 years. Maybe he is better off with absolutely no threat to his minutes.

MrfadeawayJB
01-13-2014, 09:49 PM
It's starting to look like Bynum won't be picked up anytime soon.

I still think Bynum goes to the heat and they cut roger mason jr. I think they are acting like they don't want him for the time being

DitchDat
01-14-2014, 07:53 AM
He's asking for too much money. Bynum is a pest.

bholly
01-14-2014, 10:32 AM

Um, what? And 'no longer interested'? The story before Bynum was even bought out was that Miami weren't going to be interested. The idea that they were was just fans (on here and probably elsewhere too) assuming. This is nothing that we weren't told weeks ago.

NBA_Starter
01-14-2014, 10:58 PM
He's asking for too much money. Bynum is a pest.

Is he really?

Trueblue2
01-15-2014, 07:19 AM
He should go to golden state to back up Bogut. Its not like he doesnt have his own injury concerns.

DitchDat
01-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Is he really?

Are you asking A) is he really asking too much? or B) is he really a pest?

Because A) for a player who has produced as little as he has, no matter how great and tantalizing his potential is, he is now making demands? And let me guess: he wants money and go to a contender, is that right? This has always puzzled me. Like somehow these cut or waived players are not without a team without reason.

B) He could be the 1A or 1B center in the league. But all he has shown is that his heart is not into basketball. You can't help injuries, and I feel sorry for the injury cards that he has been dealt, but I don't buy for a second that Bynum is an agreeable locker room guy. IMHO, he falls in the "dumb athlete" category. Talented as ***** but his head isn't on right.

Just my two cents.

Tony_Starks
01-15-2014, 06:42 PM
MIA doesn't need him. It would just be for spot minutes against Indy in the ECF anyway. By that time Oden should be capable enough....

TylerSL
01-15-2014, 09:01 PM

Miami was probably never serious about Bynum in the first place. I said it from the start that the Heat were not getting him. He would just be another project guy like Beasley/Oden and we would have to make a cut to even get him on the roster. He was not going to be worth it. Bynum wouldn't even fit in with this Heat team. The media and alot of fans just see that Bynum is a big name who happens to be a 7 footer and automatically assume the Heat should get him. No thanks....

He'll probably end up in New York or Brooklyn, and never play.

TylerSL
01-15-2014, 09:09 PM
It's starting to look like Bynum won't be picked up anytime soon.

I still think Bynum goes to the heat and they cut roger mason jr. I think they are acting like they don't want him for the time being

As a fan, I seriously dont want him. I personally believe that everybody on the roster (except Tony Douglas) has earned their spot on this team and shouldn't be cut just so Bynum can come here just because he is a big name. He would not fit the system, and I would count the days until his release after he took his first 3.

Pierre The Poet
01-22-2014, 04:18 AM
Doubt it.

Did anyone except Cav fans watch Bynum this year? Bynum sucked dick this year.

He's better than Oden

PowerHouse
01-22-2014, 04:31 AM
Why would they sign Bynum anyway? They already have an injury plagued 7 footer wasting a valueble roster spot, they cant afford to waste two.