PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else happy to see Dirk balling again?

kobe4thewinbang
01-12-2014, 11:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V1Q2t3aQS4

I think it's a shame he only has 1 championship ring, though he was phenomenal that year. Dallas probably won't come close to that level before his time is up, but I'm glad to see him playing well again. He also hit that nice game-winner last year.

king4day
01-12-2014, 11:33 PM
Considering the talent in the league during Dirks NBA run, I actually think it's phenomenal he only has 1 ring. Everything fell into place that season.
I haven't followed him this season but it's cool to see Dallas back on the map a little.

kobe4thewinbang
01-12-2014, 11:35 PM
Considering the talent in the league during Dirks NBA run, I actually think it's phenomenal he only has 1 ring. Everything fell into place that season.
I haven't followed him this season but it's cool to see Dallas back on the map a little.Yeah, he practically closed out one of the games by himself against Miami that year, made himself impossible to guard draining shots. I think Dirk said he doesn't expect a playoff run by Dallas this year, but maybe next year with Ellis playing so well.

MrfadeawayJB
01-13-2014, 01:58 AM
I used to hate dirks game. Id always say get in the paint, he's weak, etc...but then I realized he is a sf playing pf who just happens to be 7 ft tall. Now I enjoy his game and was thrilled he win a championship. Everytime I watch him I'm in awe

Chrisclover
01-13-2014, 02:28 AM
His fadeaway is amazing

Cal827
01-13-2014, 03:15 AM
I'm sure LTBabyy does the LT on an hourly basis due to this.

DreamShaker
01-13-2014, 05:46 AM
Love Dirk. Glad he is back to an All-Star level. Plenty of all-time greats only have one ring. Oscar, Moses, Dr. J (if you don't count ABA), Jerry West, KG, Drexler. And plenty have none. The fact Dirk was able to do it without another star in their prime is huge. Not many guys can lay claim to that.

Redrum187
01-13-2014, 05:58 AM
I think it's important to realize Dirk and the Mavericks are still the only NBA team to beat the Heat in a 4-game series.

I figured Dirk would be Dirk again this season once he got healthy.

Drummond#1
01-13-2014, 06:23 AM
Maybe Dallas can try to bring back Tyson and Barrea via trade? Love and Barrea keep butting heads I'm sure he could be had for a second rounder. Knicks are back in rebuild mode and could use some cap relief and would most likely give Chandler away. But yeah, it's good to see Dirk shining.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lqqpkge

Ebbs
01-13-2014, 12:02 PM
I haven't followed him this season but it's cool to see Dallas back on the map a little.

Not sure what you mean>? Are you saying the league was weak in his prime?

Maybe Dallas can try to bring back Tyson and Barrea via trade? Love and Barrea keep butting heads I'm sure he could be had for a second rounder. Knicks are back in rebuild mode and could use some cap relief and would most likely give Chandler away. But yeah, it's good to see Dirk shining.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lqqpkge
I would love that.

king4day
01-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Not sure what you mean>? Are you saying the league was weak in his prime?

I would love that.

I'm saying I'm surprised he was able to snag a ring while Kobe, LeBron and Duncan ran the show. The same way MJ and Hakeem kept so many Hall of Famers from winning a ring in the 90's.
Dirk and the Mavs snuck a title in at the perfect time. Lakers were not the same anymore and Miami was in year 1 of the big 3.

smith&wesson
01-13-2014, 03:09 PM
Feel bad for dirk. I think the mavs have done a poor job trying to re construct a championship caliber team around him.
At this point in his career they should just trade him to a contender. I think Houston would be a nice fit for him.

LTBaByyy
01-13-2014, 03:50 PM
Feel bad for dirk. I think the mavs have done a poor job trying to re construct a championship caliber team around him.
At this point in his career they should just trade him to a contender. I think Houston would be a nice fit for him.

You do know we have 30 mil cap space this offseason plus Monta, Dirk (obviously ages well), Jose on the team.

This year is about getting back in the playoffs and competing, even Dirk said that

Next season, based on the offseason moves is when we can get back to contending.

All we need a good center (Monroe, Asik, Gortat, Okafor, Chandler) and we will be good.

Our only flaw is defense, which is because we play Dalembert and Blair a lot at Center

Plus we are only like 2 games back of 4th and 5th seed with 9 new players.

Wait until the end of the season

LTBaByyy
01-13-2014, 03:55 PM
I think our offseason wish list is:

A) Luol Deng + Gortat

B) Granger + Okafor + Nick Young (6th man)

C) Evan Turner + Greg Monroe

Goose17
01-13-2014, 04:39 PM

A) Luol Deng + Gortat

Option A would be great to see for you guys. Lance Stephenson is worth keeping an eye on as well.

--23--
01-14-2014, 02:53 AM

A) Luol Deng + Gortat

I like the 1st option for the Mavs. It would be even better if it was Deng + Asik, but i doubt Houston will make a trade with a division rival.

gatkins11
01-14-2014, 09:45 PM

Crazy thing is he might have two or three if everything had worked out in 2006 and 2007.

Option A would be great to see for you guys. Lance Stephenson is worth keeping an eye on as well.

Yes, please.

I like the 1st option for the Mavs. It would be even better if it was Deng + Asik, but i doubt Houston will make a trade with a division rival.

Morey would probably rather eat his own poop than help Dallas.

NBA_Starter
01-14-2014, 09:56 PM
I guess I am happy for him even though he beat the Heat the other season.