PDA

View Full Version : What if Stat developed his post game in his prime?

GiantsSwaGG
01-11-2014, 10:20 PM
His post moves are real good and close to unguardable, How good would he have been if he had those post moves in his prime?

Cal827
01-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Horrifying

NetsPaint
01-11-2014, 10:33 PM

NetsPaint
01-11-2014, 10:33 PM
He hasn't shown it's near unguardable yet. He's been blocked and lost the ball too much since trying to implement that into his game. He's progressing. Tonight he's playing very good/great offensively.

Duncan = Donkey
01-11-2014, 11:07 PM
Man he was so frustrating, every off season he would talk up how improved his defense was.Off topic but whatever.

DillyDill
01-12-2014, 04:17 AM
He would had been more unstoppable especially with his explosive athleticism

JEDean89
01-12-2014, 04:43 AM
his post moves have certainly been impressive at this stage of his career, not many tigers change their stripes at this age but i honestly don't think it would have been any more impressive than his p+r finishing ability in Phoenix and NY his first few months. i mean the guy could take off from anywhere in the paint and dunk on anybody. i think his game in his prime best suited his athleticism, having a post game would have taken it away. amare just really was unfortunate to be coached by Dantoni, who never taught him defense. his injuries and abysmal defense have really been the story to the end of his career. it's also hard to say how good it is because teams haven't really scouted his post game, he had it last year for like a month before he got injured and has only had a few solid games this year.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-12-2014, 07:12 AM
phenomenal

ewing
01-12-2014, 02:57 PM
The Suns weren't going to play through the post so it wouldn't have mattered

THE MTL
01-12-2014, 03:18 PM
I dont think it would matter because the reason why Stat was so dominant was because of his lack of post game and ability to P&R finish, face up, and explosive athleticism.

xxplayerxx23
01-12-2014, 03:50 PM
He hasn't shown it's near unguardable yet. He's been blocked and lost the ball too much since trying to implement that into his game. He's progressing. Tonight he's playing very good/great offensively.

You clearly don't watch the Knicks. It may not be unhuardable but 80% of the nights he does what he wants in the paint

NetsPaint
01-12-2014, 05:43 PM
You clearly don't watch the Knicks. It may not be unhuardable but 80% of the nights he does what he wants in the paint
I watch every game, dude...The Knicks are my team (registered here because the New Jersey Nets was my third favorite because it was my home team).

I said he's progressing, and he did what he wanted LAST night. You clearly haven't been watching if you haven't seen him lose the ball a lot and getting blocked a lot. A few games of impressiveness doesn't mean he still doesn't have to prove himself. I'm rooting for him.

D-Leethal
01-12-2014, 05:56 PM
He has a ridiculous touch around the rim. Funny when you watch him get drafted, his NBA comparison was Ben Wallace, and he was hyped up as a defense-first guy with extremely raw offense.

IndyRealist
01-12-2014, 06:06 PM
He has a ridiculous touch around the rim. Funny when you watch him get drafted, his NBA comparison was Ben Wallace, and he was hyped up as a defense-first guy with extremely raw offense.

That may be the greatest thing I've ever read on PSD.

xxplayerxx23
01-12-2014, 06:11 PM
I watch every game, dude...The Knicks are my team (registered here because the New Jersey Nets was my third favorite because it was my home team).

I said he's progressing, and he did what he wanted LAST night. You clearly haven't been watching if you haven't seen him lose the ball a lot and getting blocked a lot. A few games of impressiveness doesn't mean he still doesn't have to prove himself. I'm rooting for him.

Bs I watch every game. Sure he's not perfect he dominate inside a majority of the time

NetsPaint
01-12-2014, 06:18 PM
Bs I watch every game. Sure he's not perfect he dominate inside a majority of the time
Maybe lately, but you disagree with me that he still has to prove himself to be near unguaradable? Amar'e is a very hard worker and has been consistent lately, but a lot of Knicks fans who regularly watch them has had the frustration of watching what Amar'e did offensively not long ago. I'm not being negative saying he'll go back to his old ways. He's been healthy and is finally getting in the groove. Let's wait to see if he can maintain his post-game.

MrfadeawayJB
01-12-2014, 06:24 PM
He was an already explosive scorer, he would have elevated himself to top 5 player if he had that same explosiveness with post moves

b@llhog24
01-12-2014, 06:25 PM

Then you need to watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4HAEiDtmbI) interview.

TheNumber37
01-12-2014, 06:38 PM
If only he passed to shooters out of the post... then he'd be unguardable, especially against other teams' second units where they tend not to stash rim protection.

OlivaThor
01-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Then you need to watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4HAEiDtmbI) interview.

Lol at his ultralong jacket

D-Leethal
01-12-2014, 08:05 PM

Ballhog posted the link - outrageous I know but true. Draft scouts doing what they do best - getting **** completely wrong.

Maybe lately, but you disagree with me that he still has to prove himself to be near unguaradable? Amar'e is a very hard worker and has been consistent lately, but a lot of Knicks fans who regularly watch them has had the frustration of watching what Amar'e did offensively not long ago. I'm not being negative saying he'll go back to his old ways. He's been healthy and is finally getting in the groove. Let's wait to see if he can maintain his post-game.

Amare is more of a "rhythm" player than I have ever seen. His first stint here started so ugly in 2010 - Knicks were 3-8, Amare looked awful, turnovers galore, awkward face up moves, travels/dribbling off your foot out of bounds galore, getting blocked etc...than he finally hit his groove and found a connection with Felton and instantly went on a tear that broke Knicks record for consecutive 30 point games and sparked Knicks to a 13-1 stretch.

Each of the past two seasons he returned from injury he was so so so bad to start, and than went on stretches he was scoring 15ppg on 20 mins on like 70% shooting for 1-2 months. I've really never seen a player go from so bad to so good so often. Hopefully he stays healthy so we don't need to deal with another 2-3 weeks of "Amare shaking the rust off after returning from injury" because last year, we had to deal with it in the freakin' playoffs.