PDA

View Full Version : Doug Collins:"there isn't a guy in this years draft that will be a franchise changer"

mdm692
01-10-2014, 09:10 PM
Obviously I'm paraphrasing but for those of you watching the pregame show on ESPN(forgot the name :p) you guys heard Doug Collins claim that not a single guy in this years class is a franchise changer. Somewhat of a bold claim in my opinion considering how much hype this drafts class has gotten. Just wanted to spark a topic of conversation between the fans of teams that could possibly end with a lottery pick.

Chronz
01-10-2014, 09:21 PM
It seems like we are entering an era devoid of upper echelon talent, but one rich with overall talent, if that makes sense. If thats the case then the impact a single player can have on a franchise is getting minuscule, so in that sense I agree with Collins.

That said, I hope Im wrong, I hope more we get more once a generation type talent (yes I know its a cliche that makes no sense)

ManRam
01-10-2014, 09:28 PM
You never know about this stuff...but the list of true franchise changers is so thin these days, and always has been, that it's not that bold of an opinion. Right now it's LeBron, Durant and Paul. That's it.

The perception (that's all it is, because only time will tell) of this draft definitely has shifted. It feels more like a VERY deep draft with a lot of equal talent, and talent at all positions, at the top. But that top-end talent doesn't quite look like once-in-a-generation talent any more. Wiggins has gone from the crowned prince to just a mere top-5 prospect. Jabari's stock remains high, but he's drawing more comps to Paul Pierce/Melo than a true "franchise changer"...no disrespect to either. But it doesn't seem like there's that next-level talent any more...and maybe 6 months ago it did.

It's whatever. He may be right, he may be wrong. But it will be a close call either way.

JEDean89
01-10-2014, 09:40 PM
this is such ********, embiid, wiggins, parker and exum all have chances of being franchise changing players. Randle, Gordon, and Smart are all terrific prospects. it's just really hard to guage these guys at 18 years old. exum and wiggins in particular are gonna be studs on the wing, both have terrific 2 way potential.

people said the same thing about last draft but are Antentokoumpo and MCW not franchise altering talents? there haven't been many drafts completely void of a franchise altering player. people just be hating.

Duncan = Donkey
01-10-2014, 09:41 PM
I hate when people say stuff like this. The truth is he doesn't know **** and no one does. No one knows what is going to happen. **** you Doug

jerellh528
01-10-2014, 09:49 PM
Depends what he means by franchise changer. A guy like Lebron or durant, maybe not. But there's guys in this draft who can easily change a franchise ala George, melo, harden etc.

JdKing7
01-10-2014, 09:52 PM
Even if it's believed that there are no true franchice altering talents available, there is always one or two surprise talents that alter the state of the franchise that they were drafted by.

sammyvine
01-10-2014, 09:57 PM
You never know about this stuff...but the list of true franchise changers is so thin these days, and always has been, that it's not that bold of an opinion. Right now it's LeBron, Durant and Paul. That's it.

The perception (that's all it is, because only time will tell) of this draft definitely has shifted. It feels more like a VERY deep draft with a lot of equal talent, and talent at all positions, at the top. But that top-end talent doesn't quite look like once-in-a-generation talent any more. Wiggins has gone from the crowned prince to just a mere top-5 prospect. Jabari's stock remains high, but he's drawing more comps to Paul Pierce/Melo than a true "franchise changer"...no disrespect to either. But it doesn't seem like there's that next-level talent any more...and maybe 6 months ago it did.

It's whatever. He may be right, he may be wrong. But it will be a close call either way.

How the hell is Chris Paul a franchise changer? He hasn't won a ring or even been to the finals before....Duncan and Lebron are franchise changers....
Chris Paul hasn't done anything more than Carmelo Anthony and most fans call him overrated and a loser. Paul is just another star in the league...but in order to be a franchise changer i think you need to be a winner or knocking on the door....Chris Paul isn't that lmao.

sammyvine
01-10-2014, 10:00 PM
Depends what he means by franchise changer. A guy like Lebron or durant, maybe not. But there's guys in this draft who can easily change a franchise ala George, melo, harden etc.

this is true

very few can have the talent that lebron and duncan have

Chronz
01-10-2014, 10:17 PM
How the hell is Chris Paul a franchise changer? He hasn't won a ring or even been to the finals before....Duncan and Lebron are franchise changers....
Chris Paul hasn't done anything more than Carmelo Anthony and most fans call him overrated and a loser. Paul is just another star in the league...but in order to be a franchise changer i think you need to be a winner or knocking on the door....Chris Paul isn't that lmao.

That you compare him to Melo means you wont see eye to eye with us on this one. You dont need to win a ring or accomplish another sort of arbitrary TEAM benchmark when you define franchise changing talent by the impact they have on the team and its players. CP3 led teams have overachieved significantly beyond their talent. Melo is overrated because you have people thinking hes been his teams best player from day 1, the strength of their argument consisting of BUCKETZ .

Hawkeye15
01-10-2014, 10:47 PM
It seems like we are entering an era devoid of upper echelon talent, but one rich with overall talent, if that makes sense. If thats the case then the impact a single player can have on a franchise is getting minuscule, so in that sense I agree with Collins.

That said, I hope Im wrong, I hope more we get more once a generation type talent (yes I know its a cliche that makes no sense)

do you think any of it may have to do with our NCAA not developing the special talent like it used to? Meaning, are players now coming into teams that are either dysfunctional, or designating them for a role?

Hawkeye15
01-10-2014, 10:52 PM
this draft is overrated only because they are comparing it to 03', 84', and 96' classes. In that respect, from what I have seen, this class is not as good. But I do believe Parker is a franchise changer, and both Wiggins and Randle have star potential. Emblid, Smart, and Exum all look to be very high talents as well.

Better than the last few drafts. Maybe compare to the 08' draft would be more realistic expectations...

Chronz
01-10-2014, 10:53 PM
No clue Hawk, I dont even know its true just feels like it to me. And I dont know what to blame it on, the other view would be that its harder to stand out in a sea of players who aren't that much worse than you.

Kyben36
I tend to agree, not any Chris Pauls or Lebron James in this draft, but i see lots of really good players,

mdm692
That you compare him to Melo means you wont see eye to eye with us on this one. You dont need to win a ring or accomplish another sort of arbitrary TEAM benchmark when you define franchise changing talent by the impact they have on the team and its players. CP3 led teams have overachieved significantly beyond their talent. Melo is overrated because you have people thinking hes been his teams best player from day 1, the strength of their argument consisting of BUCKETZ .
I'll elaborate a bit on this by dropping 2 names Stockton and Nash. I SHOULDN'T need to say anything else so we'll just leave it at that.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-10-2014, 10:54 PM
He is just saying that to stand out of the crowd.

RipCity32
01-10-2014, 10:54 PM

So in that sense neither are guys like Durant or Barkley

Hawkeye15
01-10-2014, 10:55 PM
No clue Hawk, I dont even know its true just feels like it to me. And I dont know what to blame it on, the other view would be that its harder to stand out in a sea of players who aren't that much worse than you.

outside of young phenoms, it just seems that stars are not coming out of college anymore ready to dominate. I think the youth movement amongst NBA management has really hindered development.

Stunner
01-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Only draft you could potentially compare this to is the 08 class , almost identical when it comes it freshmen players .

RLundi
01-11-2014, 12:20 AM

:laugh2:

Arch Stanton
01-11-2014, 12:54 AM
There are five to seven players in the 2014 Draft class that if eligible in 2013 would have easily been the No. 1 pick. Last season every lottery pick had some glaring weakness. If it wasn’t lack of skill or lack of size it was a chronic injury history. This draft will feature ELITE (truly elite) athletes that are all bigger than their position and extremely skilled to boot.

John Walls Era
01-11-2014, 01:14 AM
Doug Collins saw into the future?

If Doug Collins was 100% accurate, he would still be in the NBA.

beasted86
01-11-2014, 01:33 AM
Who knows, he might be right.

Depends on how you define franchise changer. To me a franchise changer is a guy who can fill the arena seats almost by himself.... forget win/lose 1st/2nd option talk.

albertajaysfan
01-11-2014, 02:35 AM

You are aware he stepped down from his job with Philly right?

As for the point of this thread. I think he is right that we aren't going to get franchise altering talent such as Lebron, Durant or Paul.

In regards to not having a one in generation talent. Well of course we aren't going to see that, we already have that player playing in the NBA and his name is Lebron. Jordan was that talent before him. We will probably need to wait another 10 years or so for that player to come along.

Corey
01-11-2014, 02:39 AM
I think there's a handful of perennial all stars in this draft, but not necessarily 'franchise players'

Corey
01-11-2014, 02:41 AM

He chose to be out of the NBA. A lot of teams would love to have him on the bench or in the office.

Phenomenonsense
01-11-2014, 03:09 AM
He chose to be out of the NBA. A lot of teams would love to have him on the bench or in the office.

The pistons for example! Don't know why anyone would take JWE seriously though.

DreamShaker
01-11-2014, 03:09 AM
There might not be any no brainer guys. But the season is young. Embiid and Wiggins seem to be the guys with the most upside. The Parker-Paul Pierce comp seems accurate. Not sure about the others.

Corey
01-11-2014, 03:16 AM
There might not be any no brainer guys. But the season is young. Embiid and Wiggins seem to be the guys with the most upside. The Parker-Paul Pierce comp seems accurate. Not sure about the others.

Yeah I agree.

I think Parker is the most NBA-ready, but Embiid, Wiggins and Exum have the most long-term potential in my eyes.

If I was picking #1, and I didn't have a center that I was heavily invested in, Embiid would be my pick. He's got the most potential to be top-5 at his position at some point I believe.

shep33
01-11-2014, 03:23 AM
I think there are potentially 2-3 superstars in this draft. Not stars, but superstars.

Embiid and Wiggins have unreal potential. Embiid in particular is a guy who if he continues to develop, can be the best center in the NBA eventually. But he needs like 2-3 years still since he hasn't been playing organized ball for that long.

Wiggins is a freak athletically, and he's a monster in the open court.

Parker can average 20 right now for like 6 teams out east

Smart to me is like Russy 2.0. Big, all-around game, freaky-athletic combo-guard.

Randle is so unique. I think of him a lot like Blake, but in all truth Blake wasn't this good in his freshman year. Not saying he'll be as good as Blake, but his potential is up there too.

Then there is Exum who played lights out at the Hoops Summit. Dude just finished high school in November. Crazy good player.

Noah Vonleh and Aaron Gordon are other kids with great potential.

And then there are guys like Rodney Hood, Gary Harris, James Young, Glen Robinson III, etc. who would probably be considered top 5 picks in last year's draft who aren't even top 10 prospects in all likelihood

This draft is insane. We won't get the same outcome as the 2003 draft with Bosh, Wade, Bron, Melo etc. but in my opinion, this draft is potentially deeper. Someone like Exum who can be like the 8th pick, might be a superstar in a few years. Levine could also be a potential all-star and he isn't slated to be in the top 10.

This is a great draft.

sammyvine
01-11-2014, 06:40 AM
So in that sense neither are guys like Durant or Barkley

Durant and Barkley have been to finals....Durant has been knocking on the door and you can say that when OKC are healthy they are a contender. Durant's playoff resume is better than most players bar the ones that have won rings.

Has CP3 been to the finals? Are the Clippers a legit contender? In the last two years they have lost 4-0 to Spurs and 4-1 to Memphis in the 2nd and 1st round. A CP3 team has never been to a conference finals. We will see this year but if the Clippers go out early i bet everybody will run and say ''The clippers team are horrible bar CP3'' lol

sammyvine
01-11-2014, 06:43 AM

Who ever says Melo is the best player in the game? All I hear is that he is bull stopper and your not winning a ring with him as your number 1 option.

CP3 is a good player i just don't think he is in the class of Lebron, Kobe, Duncan and those all time greats.

IKnowHoops
01-11-2014, 08:57 AM
Yeah I disagree with Collins statement. The 3 top guys are all so young so you really don't know how good they can be yet. Kobe averaged like what 6 points a game off the bench as a Rook. I think they all may be a little overhyped, everyone is always looking for the next Lebron and thats just flat out not ever going to happen again, but still Wiggins and Parker could end up being top 10 players in the league at some point in there career. Setting the Bar at Lebron though...you gonna be waiting forever to draft that. That kind of player just doesn't exist.

3RDASYSTEM
01-11-2014, 09:52 AM
Obviously I'm paraphrasing but for those of you watching the pregame show on ESPN(forgot the name :p) you guys heard Doug Collins claim that not a single guy in this years class is a franchise changer. Somewhat of a bold claim in my opinion considering how much hype this drafts class has gotten. Just wanted to spark a topic of conversation between the fans of teams that could possibly end with a lottery pick.

You said the exact word.... 'hype'

as soon as I watched WIGGINS and others I said are you kidding me, there is no way in the world he is comparable to TMAC at any stage, TMAC was said being a more athletic MAGIC coming out of HS with a better shot and proved it even when he was rotting on RAPS pine early

there isn't a franchise changer, I been said that since ncaa bball season started, good players here and there but no AI's or SHAQ's or AMARE's or BRON's in this draft

3RDASYSTEM
01-11-2014, 10:04 AM

So when NUGGS drafted MELO and made the playoffs they were supposed to at the no 3 overall pick? you mean to tell me they had won 50 games prior to drafting MELO?

don't fool yourself he is on par with CP3 just go look at the resume, its not like the CLIPPS made back to back FINALS or WCF with CP3, CP3 came to LA with a stud already in BG and still hasn't reached WCF appearance, at least NASH/AMARE did, soon as MELO hit NUGGS they went to playoffs and he should have at worst been co rookie of year with BRON just for getting his squad to playoffs while BRON didn't

MELO is a franchise changer, finding a player capable of scoring from anywhere on the court is rare in nba history, or any sport for that matter

HOWARD is also because the ROCKETS went from 8th seed 1st round exit to now contending aspirations

even old man DUNCAN is franchise and even POP is reported to call it quits once the franchise hangs up the laces

once a true franchise player pretty much always just a older one to build the new young next franchise around with

todu82
01-11-2014, 12:28 PM
I disagree with Collins here, think this is a pretty good draft. Though no one will know until we see these guys actually play in the NBA.

warfelg
01-11-2014, 12:30 PM
Based off of how he killed the Sixers in 3 straight seasons (He wanted to give Kwame Brown a 5 year $35 mil deal) I would say this guy is a 100% idiot.

Sly Guy
01-11-2014, 12:46 PM
durant was not as much a lock in his draft as he's turned out to be as a pro....I mean, he did go 2nd overall. there are a lot of good players/prospects in this draft, but you never really know who they are or what they're capable of until they get to the NBA.

3RDASYSTEM
01-11-2014, 12:59 PM
durant was not as much a lock in his draft as he's turned out to be as a pro....I mean, he did go 2nd overall. there are a lot of good players/prospects in this draft, but you never really know who they are or what they're capable of until they get to the NBA.

This is what makes psd a joke when a comment like DURANT was not as much a lock in his draft

are you joking or serious? I mean they were both 7ft tall basically so how could you not take the more deadly footer, the footer who could easily do more on the court, ODEN was all defense but DURANT could get you 10boards and 35ppg, to me the BLAZERS would have been better off taking KD, I couldn't believe they didn't draft him no 1 overall, and I don't get how a top 2 player coming out isn't a lock

he avg like 26ppg and 12rpg in college doing the same exact thing he does now, with a little improvement with his dribble(and crossover)

Vinylman
01-11-2014, 02:10 PM

ummm... you think the bolded is true for the clippers? seriously? If anything they have underachieved in the playoffs...

RipCity32
01-11-2014, 02:15 PM
This is what makes psd a joke when a comment like DURANT was not as much a lock in his draft

are you joking or serious? I mean they were both 7ft tall basically so how could you not take the more deadly footer, the footer who could easily do more on the court, ODEN was all defense but DURANT could get you 10boards and 35ppg, to me the BLAZERS would have been better off taking KD, I couldn't believe they didn't draft him no 1 overall, and I don't get how a top 2 player coming out isn't a lock

he avg like 26ppg and 12rpg in college doing the same exact thing he does now, with a little improvement with his dribble(and crossover)

Knowing what we know now Durant should have been the #1 pick but I wonder how good Oden could have been.

Guppyfighter
01-11-2014, 05:23 PM
ummm... you think the bolded is true for the clippers? seriously? If anything they have underachieved in the playoffs...

Really? Do you really truly believe this?

Vinylman
01-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Really? Do you really truly believe this?

How have the clippers OVERACHIEVED with CP3

koreancabbage
01-11-2014, 08:31 PM
this is such ********, embiid, wiggins, parker and exum all have chances of being franchise changing players. Randle, Gordon, and Smart are all terrific prospects. it's just really hard to guage these guys at 18 years old. exum and wiggins in particular are gonna be studs on the wing, both have terrific 2 way potential.

people said the same thing about last draft but are Antentokoumpo and MCW not franchise altering talents? there haven't been many drafts completely void of a franchise altering player. people just be hating.

they are not. hasn't changed Philly's tanking ways nor are they any good.

Guppyfighter
01-11-2014, 08:51 PM
How have the clippers OVERACHIEVED with CP3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seiuoz9-Drc

Clippers were the heavy underdogs for this series if you recall. And also had one of the best com back in NBA history.

Chris Paul has always balled out in the playoffs.

Vinylman
01-11-2014, 09:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seiuoz9-Drc

Clippers were the heavy underdogs for this series if you recall. And also had one of the best com back in NBA history.

Chris Paul has always balled out in the playoffs.

i don't accept your premise... the bolded is clearly revisionist history

a 5 seed beat a 4 big deal

btw... they were swept in the next round

Again... Where have the clippers OVERACHIEVED with CP3

here is a link if you need to look the word up

http://www.merriam-webster.com/

NBA_Starter
01-11-2014, 10:02 PM
I'm sure he thought MCW would be nothing special last year!

P&GRealist
01-11-2014, 10:27 PM
The same buffoon that wasted the very early part of MJ's prime before he was fired and replaced by the GOAT coach.

STRIKERC
01-12-2014, 09:22 AM
they are not. hasn't changed Philly's tanking ways nor are they any good.

MCW was shelved for some mysterious injury just to keep the tank rolling. He makes that team better already when he's on the court. They had to slow him down somehow.

Goose17
01-12-2014, 09:28 AM
I don't see any of these guys being a Lebron or a Jordan.

But I can see a few of them being like Melo, Harden, Paul Pierce etc

I don't think the draft is as deep as people epxect.

Heediot
01-12-2014, 11:04 AM
People are mentioning Paul and kd. Yet those guys were not considered franchise changers coming into the league. It's too early to have a good gauge. There are raw guys with sky high potentialand there are safe picks that are more along in their development. (Parker). Durant was basically Parker, NBA ready but not a clear cut franchise changer. Even a Guy like drummond who has franchise changing potential struggled in NCAA. IMO one cannot have an accurate gauge at under 20.

Guppyfighter
01-12-2014, 01:45 PM

They were +300 in the start of the series. Which means you need to bet just 100 dollars to win 300.

Kaner
01-13-2014, 01:51 AM

I've always been a bit curious about what exactly a 'once a generation talent' is, I mean obviously physical freaks like Lebron, Shaq, and Wilt qualify but what about Durant, Hakeem, Larry Bird, and Jordan? I mean if were talking the physical talent variety then it'd almost be weird if their were 2 players as physically dominant as Shaq and Lebron in their prime in the nba at the same time.

ackar
01-13-2014, 03:07 PM
I think it has only been three in the modern era starting with MJ >>> Shaq >>> Lebron
those are defeintly generational players. Other all great superstars but nothing like those three. The next tier would start with Duncan & Kobe. then to me it is a toss up after that.

Shammyguy3
01-13-2014, 03:33 PM
How can you separate Duncan/Kobe from Shaq/Lebron? That's crazy. They're all in the same tier.

Daze9900
01-13-2014, 04:11 PM
I think a lot of people have different ideas of what Collin's means by "franchise changing" players. To me players that change the direction of a franchise are franchise players. Whether they change the direction of a team (from being a losing team to a playoff team) or elevating their existing level of play (playoff team to championship contender). I saw someone post here that only Lebron and Kd were franchise players and a lot of people were bashing CP3 and Melo because they haven't won any championships. News flash they are franchise players. Drose is still a franchise player (look at what happened without him). Clippers were laughing stocks of the NBA before CP3 arrived. Melo did change the direction of the Knicks. (they went from almost 20 straight years of losing to 54 wins). In this draft there are potential all-star players and potential franchise superstars. I think that Wiggins obviously is not the next LeBron or KD nor is Parker but damn there are a lot of stud cornerstones in the draft. And Wiggins we still don't know he's kind of letting the game come to him but in the NBA where you can't touch no one he might be in the league leaders in FT attempts from day one.

Chronz
01-13-2014, 04:33 PM

He just answered it. Injured Clips took out a superior team.

Chronz
01-13-2014, 04:34 PM

Based on what?

Chronz
01-13-2014, 04:36 PM
Who ever says Melo is the best player in the game?
Nobody, re-read the post and see the point Im making.

CP3 is a good player i just don't think he is in the class of Lebron, Kobe, Duncan and those all time greats.
Thats fine. Doesn't change what is said considering those players arent in the league. Unless your foolish enough to believe Duncan and Kobe are still in their primes.

Chronz
01-13-2014, 04:37 PM
You said the exact word.... 'hype'

as soon as I watched WIGGINS and others I said are you kidding me, there is no way in the world he is comparable to TMAC at any stage, TMAC was said being a more athletic MAGIC coming out of HS with a better shot and proved it even when he was rotting on RAPS pine early

there isn't a franchise changer, I been said that since ncaa bball season started, good players here and there but no AI's or SHAQ's or AMARE's or BRON's in this draft

Explain... Im intrigued by your Tmac analysis

Chronz
01-13-2014, 04:40 PM
So when NUGGS drafted MELO and made the playoffs they were supposed to at the no 3 overall pick? you mean to tell me they had won 50 games prior to drafting MELO?
This makes no sense. Thank you for proving my point. They didn't just add Melo, nor was he even his teams 3rd best player.

don't fool yourself he is on par with CP3 just go look at the resume, its not like the CLIPPS made back to back FINALS or WCF with CP3, CP3 came to LA with a stud already in BG and still hasn't reached WCF appearance, at least NASH/AMARE did, soon as MELO hit NUGGS they went to playoffs and he should have at worst been co rookie of year with BRON just for getting his squad to playoffs while BRON didn't
Do you really think Rookie Melo is better than CP3 in the Clippers? If Blake is a stud, why does he go ghost in the playoffs? Do we just ignore injuries?

MELO is a franchise changer, finding a player capable of scoring from anywhere on the court is rare in nba history, or any sport for that matter

Nah, finding a player like CP3 is far rarer.

MonroeFAN
01-13-2014, 05:59 PM
This is totally random, but this topic has had me looking through previous draft classes. 2008's 2nd round was incredible.

Nikola Pekovic, Mario Chalmers, DeAndre Jordan, Omer Asik, Luc Mbah a Moute, Chris Douglas Roberts, Goran Dragic.

2008 non-lotto first rounders;
Hibbert, Hickson, McGee (despite him being a ****) Ryan Anderson, Ibaka, Batum, George Hill,

Has there been a deeper draft?

fresh prince
01-13-2014, 06:05 PM
this draft is overrated only because they are comparing it to 03', 84', and 96' classes. In that respect, from what I have seen, this class is not as good. But I do believe Parker is a franchise changer, and both Wiggins and Randle have star potential. Emblid, Smart, and Exum all look to be very high talents as well.

Better than the last few drafts. Maybe compare to the 08' draft would be more realistic expectations...

Marcus Smart is the best player in this draft.

He's the most complete player in the nation and also the guy who is most ready to contribute at the NBA level next year.

Sactown
01-13-2014, 06:28 PM
do you think any of it may have to do with our NCAA not developing the special talent like it used to? Meaning, are players now coming into teams that are either dysfunctional, or designating them for a role?
Honestly I don't think MJ was ready to be a franchise player after only one season and I don't know if Tim Duncan would have the same impact either. Once you hit the Pro's your role changes and you have very few practices to work on offensive and defensive schemes let alone work on your game.

The one and done rule causes players to come out raw and they are never able to fully develop their talent. And players are forced to come out early because staying and developing their game only hurts them during draft time because GMs for the most part would rather draft the younger player with more "potential"

Lebron James is exception, not the rule

jakedajewler
01-13-2014, 06:42 PM
There is def a franchise changer in this draft, he has his head up his *** if he thinks otherwise

Sactown
01-13-2014, 06:46 PM
There is def a franchise changer in this draft, he has his head up his *** if he thinks otherwise
In the sense that everyone hyped this draft up to be before the season started citing their high school success as evidence? There is a serious chance that he is correct, I don't think he was stating that none of these players have a chance at being stars, just not super stars such as Durant Lebron or CP3

NBA_Starter
01-13-2014, 07:11 PM

I think we will get at least 2, that may not be as many as originally thought but definitely not what Collins thinks.