PDA

View Full Version : Point Guards getting taken down like candy...

ghettosean
01-10-2014, 02:37 PM
I know there are other injuries in the league but does anyone wonder why PG's especially are getting taken down like candy. Right now Rajon Rondo, CP3, Deron Williams, D Rose, Felton was hurt earlier, Eric Beldsoe...

Why are all the star PG's going down???

Just wondering peoples thoughts on this...

***Edit*** other PGs I missed mentioned in the thread Russell Westbrook, Jrue Holiday, Curry off and on... etc

NYJ - NYY
01-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Raymond Felton's time to shine

koreancabbage
01-10-2014, 02:45 PM

LOL he's now a top 10 pg with all these injuries.

xxplayerxx23
01-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Jrue down too.

Matter.
01-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Guards in general Kobe, Wade and even harden all have been hurt at a point in the season

GunFactor187
01-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Time for the frontcourt guys to shine!

LAKobeBryant
You forgot 2x MVP steeeeeeve Nash and finals MVP Chauncey billups

NYJ - NYY

Hahaha after last nights double double could be on the way (sarcasm) but I don't think he's as bad as people make him out to be... He's average nothing more nothing less

koreancabbage
01-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Lowry's time to shine.

he made the top 10 on the MVP ladder: http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/

Rain City
01-10-2014, 03:29 PM
it makes you have that much more respect for AI.

how did that guy stay so durable and prolific at his size/position?

ghettosean
01-10-2014, 03:50 PM

I agree I was thinking the same thing the guy used to get beaten down and just bounce up everytime... Too bad he had to end his career the way he did.

ghettosean
01-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Jrue down too.

Forgot about Jrue too but didn't include Nash and Billups for obvious reasons because they are old and should probably retire.

Seriously though these guys are going down like flies?!?

Chronz
01-10-2014, 04:02 PM
Allegedly its the new shoes, too much court grip.

TrueFan420
01-10-2014, 04:06 PM
I know there are other injuries in the league but does anyone wonder why PG's especially are getting taken down like candy. Right now Rajon Rondo, CP3, Deron Williams, D Rose, Felton was hurt earlier, Eric Beldsoe...

Why are all the star PG's going down???

Just wondering peoples thoughts on this...

Did you really include Felton and even Bledsoe in star point guard category

TrueFan420
01-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Guards in general Kobe, Wade and even harden all have been hurt at a point in the season

Curry as well

TrueFan420
01-10-2014, 04:07 PM

At their ages they don't really count both should hang it up

TrueFan420
01-10-2014, 04:09 PM

Had the heart of a warrior when it came to the game

ghettosean
01-10-2014, 04:10 PM
Did you really include Felton and even Bledsoe in star point guard category

LOL... Ok maybe a bit of a reach for those 2 though Bledsoe has played very well this year and well Felton did get 13 points and 14 assists to help lift the Knicks over the heat yesterday. Beyond that though he hasn't been a star for a while now but most definitely looked like one last night.

ghettosean
01-10-2014, 04:11 PM

LOL.... Definitely in Deron's case cause he's breaking ankles out there mainly his own

Asik's better
01-10-2014, 04:27 PM
If we're talking about pg's in general, Lin and bevs have been injured a lot this season too.

koreancabbage
01-10-2014, 04:34 PM
funny thing is that, knock on wood, the injury prone Lowry is healthy as ever and leads the lead in taking charges.

Patman
01-10-2014, 04:50 PM

wouldn't surprise me to be honest, the stops and direction changes they pull are often insane, or the Drose hopstep, the guy comes down from so high and then goes up in another direction it hurts me to just watch that stuff. Add to that that they play nearly every other day....

Riodagoat
01-10-2014, 06:12 PM

I nearly choked on my food while reading this. :laugh::laugh:

THE MTL
01-10-2014, 06:18 PM
I think the way the game is played now is to much on a point guard. It's the hardest position in basketball and it's not even close. Also I feel like these athletic freaks, put too much strain on their bodies

ghettosean
01-10-2014, 06:44 PM
I think the way the game is played now is to much on a point guard. It's the hardest position in basketball and it's not even close. Also I feel like these athletic freaks, put too much strain on their bodies

I agree with this I think that PG's today do way more than they have done in the past.... If you look at the 90's or earlier point guards just facilitated the offense but now they are now a days they are driving inside and scoring as well. Stockton is a good example of a guy who was mainly there to setup plays and was not really looked at to be a scorer or rebounder in Utah.... Now PG's are looked at to be scorers as well as facilitators.

archdevil84
01-10-2014, 06:59 PM
russel westbrook anyone?

COOLbeans
01-10-2014, 07:01 PM
The game's changed..There was a time when all the big guys were getting hurt. Point guards today have more responsibility to score and do everything else than they use to do.

Green_Monster
01-10-2014, 07:16 PM
Hahaha after last nights double double could be on the way (sarcasm) but I don't think he's as bad as people make him out to be... He's average nothing more nothing less

Raymond Felton is not an average PG. He's well below average.

Chronz
01-10-2014, 09:34 PM
wouldn't surprise me to be honest, the stops and direction changes they pull are often insane, or the Drose hopstep, the guy comes down from so high and then goes up in another direction it hurts me to just watch that stuff. Add to that that they play nearly every other day....

Seriously, too much pressure on the knees and ankles. I hope these guys wear custom orthodic insoles every day off the court.

ghettosean
01-10-2014, 09:42 PM
The game's changed..There was a time when all the big guys were getting hurt. Point guards today have more responsibility to score and do everything else than they use to do.

Agreed it changed from a big man's game to a guards league for sure.