PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love calls out teammates

Chronz
01-09-2014, 01:43 PM
ESPN headline says he torches them but it wasn't in a bad way to me.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10268301/kevin-love-torches-minnesota-timberwolves-teammates-loss

"We can't have two guys sitting at the end of the bench that play good minutes just sitting there and not getting up during timeouts,'' Love said, referring to the poor body language exhibited by veterans J.J. Barea and Dante Cunningham in the fourth quarter. "We all need to be in this together. That kind of [ticks] me off. We're supposed to be a team.''

Hes technically right, RIGHT?

Raps18-19 Champ
01-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Don't blame him at all.

NYKnickFanatic
01-09-2014, 01:47 PM
He's absolutely right. I hate seeing players sitting on the bench looking upset, sulking, out of team huddles; **** that. I don't care if you're down 50 points, be there with your team, show some spirit.

SteBO
01-09-2014, 01:48 PM
If ESPN doesn't phrase it the way they did, the article wouldn't get as many hits. There's absolutely nothing wrong with what Love said. In fact, I couldn't agree with him more...JJ Barea is one of the last players in the league I'd expect to display that behavior to be honest.

shep33
01-09-2014, 01:48 PM
He's right.

I need to ask Hawkeye something lol. Does K-Love hate JJ Barea? I remember these two had to separated a year or two back

kdspurman
01-09-2014, 01:57 PM
He's right.

I need to ask Hawkeye something lol. Does K-Love hate JJ Barea? I remember these two had to separated a year or two back

Even earlier this year, Love said something about the bench needing to play better & Barea wasn't thrilled with that.

Timberwolves backup point guard J.J. Barea took exception to star Kevin Love calling out the bench after Monday’s loss to Dallas.

“I don’t like it,” Barea said. “I don’t want to comment a lot on that. I definitely don’t like it.”

Like it or not, the Wolves bench heard the call and responded with 42 points in Wednesday night’s win against the Pelicans. On Monday, they had only five points in a loss to the Mavericks.

http://blogs.twincities.com/timberwolves/2014/01/01/wolves-now-jj-takes-exception-responds-to-loves-challenge-of-bench/

shep33
01-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Even earlier this year, Love said something about the bench needing to play better & Barea wasn't thrilled with that.

http://blogs.twincities.com/timberwolves/2014/01/01/wolves-now-jj-takes-exception-responds-to-loves-challenge-of-bench/

Haha, yeah I think they hate each other. Thanks for the find KD :cheers:

KnickaBocka.44
01-09-2014, 02:01 PM
ESPN headline says he torches them but it wasn't in a bad way to me.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10268301/kevin-love-torches-minnesota-timberwolves-teammates-loss

Hes technically right, RIGHT?

If he hadn't just gone 4-20 from the field, it would mean a lot more. He needs to take the blame for this one.

SPURSFAN1
01-09-2014, 02:02 PM
JJ Barea was good in dallas. Always played good vs the spurs. Not great, but good. Who cares if they stay sitting down. Love just made it into a big deal going and putting it out there to the media. For sure now they won't respect Love. Not what a leader does if you ask me.

nycericanguy
01-09-2014, 02:03 PM
He is so gone...

MIN & NY need to trade JR for Barea...

wolves have a great starting 5 but their bench is pathetic.

pebloemer
01-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Nothing wrong with the sentiment at all. I hope he called them out privately before publicly though

kdspurman
01-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Haha, yeah I think they hate each other. Thanks for the find KD :cheers:

Seriously lol... That's how it goes though i guess. Personalities don't always click, and when you don't have that chemistry/respect with teammates it's tough to be successful. It'll be interesting to see how their coaching staff/management handles this.

D-Leethal
01-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Even if your right, you don't call out specific players to the freakin' media. A 3 year old could decipher exactly who he was talking about. Thats not how you galvanize the troops. And the late game layup drill I saw last night for PHX was in big part due to KLove. Pekovic is great, but they really need a Tyson Chandler type anchor manning the paint for that team. They also should have went after Deng.

shep33
01-09-2014, 02:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IgC4j51ULM

Here's the fight between Barea and Love a season or two ago

Chronz
01-09-2014, 02:57 PM
yikes, yea shouldve kept quiet

bucketss
01-09-2014, 03:08 PM
nice sig.

NYKnickFanatic
01-09-2014, 03:18 PM
nice sig.

Thanks.

Bruno
01-09-2014, 03:22 PM
He is so gone...

MIN & NY need to trade JR for Barea...

wolves have a great starting 5 but their bench is pathetic.
thats actually an interesting idea man.

mRc08
01-09-2014, 03:26 PM
A disgruntled K-Love is great to see as a bulls fan.

P&GRealist
01-09-2014, 03:29 PM
A disgruntled K-Love is great to see as a bulls fan.

If anything he's going to sign with the Lakers in the summer of 2015. A guy who went to UCLA and loves the LA city lights is not going to spend the next 10 yrs of his life on the east coast in freezing Chicago.

EL_MACHETE
01-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Ino it probably wouldn't happen, but I would Love to see Kevin Love here in Okc to play alongside Westbrook & Durant

(Serge Ibaka, two 1st rounders for Kevin Love)

mRc08
01-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Perhaps, either way its seems the only way to get a star player in this day and age is to come out and state they wont resign, and basically force their way out.

Ex- Dwight, Carmello, D-Will.

I'm not saying he will come to chicago, but as a team needing a superstar its nice to see the potential is there.

b@llhog24
01-09-2014, 03:41 PM
There's different methods of leadership; however personally I'd respond in a more positive manner to being pulled on the side and reasoned with as a man rather than being called out in public like a child.

P&GRealist
01-09-2014, 03:53 PM
Ino it probably wouldn't happen, but I would Love to see Kevin Love here in Okc to play alongside Westbrook & Durant

Throw in Lamb, PJIII and Steven Adams and maybe the Wolves consider it.

P&GRealist
01-09-2014, 03:54 PM
There's different methods of leadership; however personally I'd respond in a more positive manner to being pulled on the side and reasoned with as a man rather than being called out in public like a child.

Maybe the first couple of private talks didn't work out and the only way to put pressure on someone's *** is to take it out on public. Even the great Phil Jackson did that, trying to motivate his players through the media.

SPURSFAN1
01-09-2014, 03:58 PM
Maybe the first couple of private talks didn't work out and the only way to put pressure on someone's *** is to take it out on public. Even the great Phil Jackson did that, trying to motivate his players through the media.

This ain't the lakers. I've never heard something like this from the spurs. Two different types. What I do understand is that Love has a garbage game and lashes out at teammates. Childish if you ask me.

EL_MACHETE
01-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Throw in Lamb, PJIII and Steven Adams and maybe the Wolves consider it.

Soo your telling me Kevin Love for Ibaka, Lamb, Jones, Adams, two 1st rounders?!?!

***** your ****ing crazy if you think Okc would offer that. Your just a trolling punk *** Mook

KnicksorBust
01-09-2014, 04:08 PM
Love it.

nycericanguy
01-09-2014, 04:09 PM
]Perhaps, either way its seems the only way to get a star player in this day and age is to come out and state they wont resign, and basically force their way out. [/B]

Ex- Dwight, Carmello, D-Will.

I'm not saying he will come to chicago, but as a team needing a superstar its nice to see the potential is there.

there are a few teams though gearing up with cap space... like NY

nycericanguy
01-09-2014, 04:09 PM

JR's time in NY is up... maybe going somewhere quiet like MIN will keep him out of the limelight some.

Red_Pill
01-09-2014, 04:17 PM

As a Minnesota fan, I would be fine with that trade. Helps us in two ways. First, it puts Shved back at his natural position as a PG. He looks way too uncomfortable at SG. Then, it gives us a "go-to" guy for some offense off the bench, and someone who can take the big shot when we need at end of game situations.

Red_Pill
01-09-2014, 04:18 PM
If anything he's going to sign with the Lakers in the summer of 2015. A guy who went to UCLA and loves the LA city lights is not going to spend the next 10 yrs of his life on the east coast in freezing Chicago.

Chicago is in the midwest...

Red_Pill
01-09-2014, 04:24 PM

I'd take Ibaka, Lamb, and a first.

I'm an OKC fan as well. Would love to see Durant, Love, and Westbrook. Would be so dominant. But at the same time, I think that might improve Minnesota. Ibaka provides interior defense that the wolves need badly, plus he can give you 14 a night. Pek has already proven he can be a 20+ scorer a night as has Kmart, so I think it would be a trade that would benefit both teams.

Longhornfan1234
01-09-2014, 04:56 PM
I think Love goes back to Cali. Lakers or Warriors. Clippers will not trade Griffin.

Barnes + Klay + Lee + 1st round pick for Love?

Hawkeye15
01-09-2014, 05:00 PM
He's right.

Barea is a frustrating player many nights. He over dribbles the ball to death, doesn't run the offense at times, and is too busy complaining that he misses assignments. But, when he is playing well, he is a matchup nightmare for the other team.

I am totally fine with this. Barea will chime in, but Love is totally right. We are 0-10 in games decided by 4 or less. The last thing we need is individuals sulking that they aren't playing the minutes they think they deserve.

nycericanguy
01-09-2014, 05:02 PM
I think Love goes back to Cali. Lakers or Warriors. Clippers will not trade Griffin.

that's wayyy too much for GSW to give up. Those Barnes & Klay are two young, cheap studs. Lee alone gives you almost the same production as Love without all the whining and complaining.

Love hasn't even proven he can be the #1 guy on a playoff team and he's always hurt. Why would GSW give up their future like that for him?

Hawkeye15
Even if your right, you don't call out specific players to the freakin' media. A 3 year old could decipher exactly who he was talking about. Thats not how you galvanize the troops. And the late game layup drill I saw last night for PHX was in big part due to KLove. Pekovic is great, but they really need a Tyson Chandler type anchor manning the paint for that team. They also should have went after Deng.

he actually didn't even mention a name. He said 2 players who play minutes sulking at the end of the bench. They can figure out who he is talking about.

I agree they need a rim protector so badly.

EL_MACHETE
I'd take Ibaka, Lamb, and a first.

I'm an OKC fan as well. Would love to see Durant, Love, and Westbrook. Would be so dominant. But at the same time, I think that might improve Minnesota. Ibaka provides interior defense that the wolves need badly, plus he can give you 14 a night. Pek has already proven he can be a 20+ scorer a night as has Kmart, so I think it would be a trade that would benefit both teams.

That's actually a better deal than offering the whole house for Kevin Love

But since we moved our bench shooting guard we'll need to have a replacement... Jimmer Fredette :)
(Sefo & 2nd rounder for Fredette)

Then we can package Collison & 1st rounder for Shumpert

Pg- Westbrook / Jackson / Fisher
Sg- Shumpert / Fredette
Sf- Durant / Roberson
Pf- Love / Jones
C- Perkins / Adams / Thabeet

(That would be my idea

Longhornfan1234
01-09-2014, 05:03 PM
arnes + Klay + Lee + first round for Love and Martin would be great trade for Wolves.

PG: Rubio

SG: Klay

SF: Harrison Barnes

PF: Lee

C: Pek

PG: Curry

SG: Martin

SF: Iggy

PF: Love

C: Bogut

I haven't look at salaries. Fair trade

Hawkeye15
01-09-2014, 05:04 PM
why on earth would we trade Love to a division opponent that is already a contender? Move on...

Longhornfan1234
01-09-2014, 05:08 PM
why on earth would we trade Love to a division opponent that is already a contender? Move on...

Warriors have nice pieces. What other team can give you better pieces? I can see Love willing to resign to a Cali team.

Red_Pill
01-09-2014, 05:12 PM

Because we're the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Hawkeye15
Warriors have nice pieces. What other team can give you better pieces? I can see Love willing to resign to a Cali team.

Wolves won't trade him this year. I don't even care to think about trade scenarios until next season, because there is no realistic chance he is moved.

Hawkeye15
Because we're the Minnesota Timberwolves.

as soon as I typed it I thought of Burke and Lawson....

But Love is already established. And not a PG...

D-Leethal
01-09-2014, 05:15 PM
he actually didn't even mention a name. He said 2 players who play minutes sulking at the end of the bench. They can figure out who he is talking about.

I agree they need a rim protector so badly.

I know he didn't - I was insinuating he left absolutely nothing up to the imagination as to who he was talking about whether he called them by name or not. I would actually have more respect if he called them out directly than "two players who play minutes that were sitting at the end of the bench in the fourth quarter".

Longhornfan1234
01-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Wolves won't trade him this year. I don't even care to think about trade scenarios until next season, because there is no realistic chance he is moved.

I don't think they're trading him this season either. I'm just pondering the possibilities.

SPURSFAN1
01-09-2014, 05:20 PM
I forgot JJ Barea makes Matt bonner money. He isn't there to win games. He's a role player. I looked at his stats and they are at his season averages. He isn't to blame for losses. People need to look elsewhere, although he might get traded to keep love happy. Minny shouldn't baby sit like orlando or cleveland.

Hawkeye15
01-09-2014, 05:21 PM
I know he didn't - I was insinuating he left absolutely nothing up to the imagination as to who he was talking about whether he called them by name or not. I would actually have more respect if he called them out directly than "two players who play minutes that were sitting at the end of the bench in the fourth quarter".

I am fine with it. They know exactly who they are. Our inability to win close games comes down to execution, and our team is not on the same page. That needs to stop now.

Hawkeye15
01-09-2014, 05:22 PM
I forgot JJ Barea makes Matt bonner money. He isn't there to win games. He's a role player. I looked at his stats and they are at his season averages. He isn't to blame for losses. People need to look elsewhere, although he might get traded to keep love happy. Minny shouldn't baby sit like orlando or cleveland.

he is not blaming them for losses. He is saying that the team is not acting like one.

SPURSFAN1
01-09-2014, 05:26 PM
he is not blaming them for losses. He is saying that the team is not acting like one.

You're right, but he's saying they are losing because two people in the squad aren't in the huddle at all times. Really?

Hawkeye15
01-09-2014, 05:30 PM
You're right, but he's saying they are losing because two people in the squad aren't in the huddle at all times. Really?

"We can't have two guys sitting at the end of the bench that play good minutes just sitting there and not getting up during timeouts," Love said, referring to the poor body language exhibited by veterans J.J. Barea and Dante Cunningham in the fourth quarter. "We all need to be in this together. That kind of pisses me off. We're supposed to be a team."

where exactly is he blaming anyone for losses? He is calling out 2 players for not being good teammates.

Red_Pill
01-09-2014, 05:30 PM
I am fine with it. They know exactly who they are. Our inability to win close games comes down to execution, and our team is not on the same page. That needs to stop now.

Our problem, at least in close games, seems to be that we have no real leader. In game winning situations, we gone to Pek multiple times, Love multiple times, and Martin and Rubio have even shot for game winners if I recall. Someone needs to decide to take the game into their hands at the end.

Sucks that this "drama" had to happen now after we just got back two key players, and our bench is looking much better. Especially now that Bledsoe is out for a bit, this is our time to make a push in the hunt for the playoffs.

Byronicle
01-09-2014, 05:31 PM

He didn't say they are losing because of two people

He didn't even mention the word losing

It's not even implied

kdspurman
01-09-2014, 05:31 PM

That's not what he was saying... He's saying guys (who play a big role) need to fix their body language and be there to support their teammates and be a part of the huddle. That's really not asking a lot, and shouldn't even need to be asked. Shouldn't need to be asked from anyone regardless of their role on the team, but with guys who play meaningful minutes, it's even worse.

Hawkeye15
01-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Our problem, at least in close games, seems to be that we have no real leader. In game winning situations, we gone to Pek multiple times, Love multiple times, and Martin and Rubio have even shot for game winners if I recall. Someone needs to decide to take the game into their hands at the end.

Sucks that this "drama" had to happen now after we just got back two key players, and our bench is looking much better. Especially now that Bledsoe is out for a bit, this is our time to make a push in the hunt for the playoffs.

run the ****ing offense instead of just drawing up an isolation. None of our players are isolation players. At all. And our defense could stop giving up 120 points per 100 possessions in games with 5 minutes or less, 2 score game.

SPURSFAN1
01-09-2014, 05:34 PM
where exactly is he blaming anyone for losses? He is calling out 2 players for not being good teammates.

He's saying they are bad teammates and is insinuating they are losing because they don't join the huddle at all times. Why else complain to the media if that wasn't your intention?

Hawkeye15
01-09-2014, 05:37 PM
He's saying they are bad teammates and is insinuating they are losing because they don't join the huddle at all times. Why else complain to the media if that wasn't your intention?

you are reaching dude. He is not blaming anyone for losing. He is pissed off that 2 players who contribute to the team are sulking on the bench in a big game, crucial time. They need to be in the huddle and engaged. That is what good teams do, they have everyone on board from player 1-15.

Byronicle
01-09-2014, 05:37 PM

Again no he isn't

He even mentioned how when he was hurt, he showed up to every game and knew he would get hounded if he didn't show support

That is what being on a team is all about

SPURSFAN1
01-09-2014, 05:38 PM
That's not what he was saying... He's saying guys (who play a big role) need to fix their body language and be there to support their teammates and be a part of the huddle. That's really not asking a lot, and shouldn't even need to be asked. Shouldn't need to be asked from anyone regardless of their role on the team, but with guys who play meaningful minutes, it's even worse.

As a Spurs fan you should know criticizing other teammates to the media is a big NO-NO. Maybe Love isn't what the media puts him out to be. Maybe JJbarea is tired of the criticism and blame for loses from teammates.

SPURSFAN1
01-09-2014, 05:39 PM
you are reaching dude. He is not blaming anyone for losing. He is pissed off that 2 players who contribute to the team are sulking on the bench in a big game, crucial time. They need to be in the huddle and engaged. That is what good teams do, they have everyone on board from player 1-15.

So why complain to the media? Teammates don't leave you hanging like that. If love wants everyone to be on one page, he sure as hell tore it apart.

Hawkeye15
01-09-2014, 05:43 PM
So why complain to the media? Teammates don't leave you hanging like that. If love wants everyone to be on one page, he sure as hell tore it apart.

because it can be an effective tool?

You are really reaching dude. But, I expect that.

kdspurman
01-09-2014, 05:46 PM
As a Spurs fan you should know criticizing other teammates to the media is a big NO-NO. Maybe Love isn't what the media puts him out to be. Maybe JJbarea is tired of the criticism and blame for loses from teammates.

I'm not saying I agree with how Love did it necessarily, I was arguing that he wasn't blaming anyone for the loss. Coaches and players from other teams handle situations differently. You have an opinion on it cause as a Spurs fan it's much different than what we are used to. But Kobe has done it to guys and it's had positive results, and even Miami has had their own little turmoil on the bench and behind the scenes and they are b2b champs

SPURSFAN1
01-09-2014, 05:46 PM
because it can be an effective tool?

You are really reaching dude. But, I expect that.

Just defend your idea. No one is wrong on these boards. Anyways I'm done on this thread.

SPURSFAN1
01-09-2014, 05:47 PM
I'm not saying I agree with how Love did it necessarily, I was arguing that he wasn't blaming anyone for the loss. Coaches and players from other teams handle situations differently. You have an opinion on it cause as a Spurs fan it's much different than what we are used to. But Kobe has done it to guys and it's had positive results, and even Miami has had their own little turmoil on the bench and behind the scenes and they are b2b champs

I guess we'll see how effective this will be come playoff time. Will it pay off or not.

WES KOAST
01-09-2014, 05:47 PM
maybe love called out barea and Cunningham cuz they called out love's 4-20?

isn't this love/barea 2.0?

Red_Pill
01-09-2014, 05:52 PM
maybe love called out barea and Cunningham cuz they called out love's 4-20?

isn't this love/barea 2.0?

They would have no right to call him out. He's been consistent this year. This is the first awful game I've seen him play all year. Barea and Cunningham have played terribly for the majority of the year.

Yes, this would be the second time they've had an open dispute.

Lakers + Giants
01-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Love baby! Come home!

WES KOAST
01-09-2014, 05:57 PM
They would have no right to call him out. He's been consistent this year. This is the first awful game I've seen him play all year. Barea and Cunningham have played terribly for the majority of the year.

Yes, this would be the second time they've had an open dispute.

haha open dispute. more like in yo face and spitballs flying out confrontation.

what happens when the twolves lose more games? blame the coach and the rest of his teammates? they gotta trade love to the suns to keep damage control down to a minimum

Red_Pill
01-09-2014, 06:01 PM
haha open dispute. more like in yo face and spitballs flying out confrontation.

what happens when the twolves lose more games? blame the coach and the rest of his teammates? they gotta trade love to the suns to keep damage control down to a minimum

Suns have nothing we want.

Warriors do, though.

WES KOAST
01-09-2014, 06:04 PM

Warriors do, though.

not even dragic? dragic would be an big upgrade over Rubio. suns got len and Goodwin with big upside, you can have them too lol

Joshtd1
01-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Love clearly wants to play for SA

mdm692
01-09-2014, 08:24 PM

Warriors do, though.

That's fine and dandy the only one who has to like it is the GM ;).

NBA_Starter
01-09-2014, 09:04 PM
I don't blame him at all for being upset about it. If you are not injured you should be in the huddle.

AddiX
01-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Klove trying to blame loses on jj because he's sitting during a damn timeout. Jj got more moves than Rubio and love combined, he probably wants to be in the game, I'd be pissed too, watching these starters blow game after game in the last 3 minutes.

Love needs to be more worried about himself in that situation, last 3 minutes, he don't score, can't play d, he doesn't even get rebounds because teams block him out in that situation.

Coward move trying to call out JJ like that.

John Walls Era
01-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Maybe he should wait until the next loss. He played like **** vs Suns.

Hawkeye15
01-10-2014, 12:41 AM
wish he would have thrown in Rubio, who has scored 4 TOTAL points in the 4th quarter of all those 10 losses.

JWorthy42
01-10-2014, 01:56 AM
http://thefilter.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/05/13/stewie_evil.jpg

Excellent.

CityofChaos
01-10-2014, 02:23 AM
Don't Love and Barea dislike each other? I remember they went at it during a timeout a few seasons back.

Anyways, Love is definetly not in the wrong with what he said. Bogut "called out" his teammates last season when the Warriors were struggling and even though there were rumors that some of his teammates took offense to his words, they turned things around in the end.

rockets-fan
01-10-2014, 03:40 AM
Demand a trade to Houston!!!!!

Love to Houston
Asik+Lin+Jones +1st rounder to minny

Heck put some future firsts in there throw everything at them....a core of Harden Parsons Love and Howard.....dear lord

Seriously tho Hwakeye, what would it take to get Love to Houston? If he was demanding a trade of coarse.

PowerHouse
01-10-2014, 04:12 AM
Love to the Lakers for Gasol. Get it done.

EL_MACHETE
01-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Serge Ibaka, Jeremy Lamb, 1st rounder for Kevin Love

xxplayerxx23
01-10-2014, 01:01 PM
That's actually a better deal than offering the whole house for Kevin Love

But since we moved our bench shooting guard we'll need to have a replacement... Jimmer Fredette :)
(Sefo & 2nd rounder for Fredette)

Then we can package Collison & 1st rounder for Shumpert

Pg- Westbrook / Jackson / Fisher
Sg- Shumpert / Fredette
Sf- Durant / Roberson
Pf- Love / Jones
C- Perkins / Adams / Thabeet

(That would be my idea

Knicks laugh at that offer. If you want jr fine

xxplayerxx23
01-10-2014, 01:07 PM
Klove trying to blame loses on jj because he's sitting during a damn timeout. Jj got more moves than Rubio and love combined, he probably wants to be in the game, I'd be pissed too, watching these starters blow game after game in the last 3 minutes.

Love needs to be more worried about himself in that situation, last 3 minutes, he don't score, can't play d, he doesn't even get rebounds because teams block him out in that situation.

Coward move trying to call out JJ like that.

Lol you are foolish. JJ sucks simple as that. He plays no defense once in a while he scores but he's not good. Love is a superstar and never blamed anybody for a loss love is right

dodgersuck
01-10-2014, 01:14 PM

Loool I hope that trade is a joke. Lee alone is a similar player to Love so ding Thompson and Barnes is just absurd

EL_MACHETE
01-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Knicks laugh at that offer. If you want jr fine

Actually that trade was gonna happen.. But knowing Dolan he would probably do that trade

But if the trade doesn't happen then its koo, I ain't gonna tripp about it

Sly Guy
01-10-2014, 01:46 PM
this is exactly what love should have said to call out his teammates. No names, a specific situation, phrasing it with the good of the team in mind. I like what he said, shows good leadership.

Rockice_8
01-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Only a matter of time now before K-Love is in a Laker uni.

jerellh528
01-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Feel bad for hawkeye, he's a laker hater and yet it's only a matter of time before the 2nd best timberwolf ever joins the lakers lol

xxplayerxx23
01-10-2014, 03:09 PM
Actually that trade was gonna happen.. But knowing Dolan he would probably do that trade

But if the trade doesn't happen then its koo, I ain't gonna tripp about it

Speculation. Dolan wouldn't do the deal it makes 0 sense.

xxplayerxx23
01-10-2014, 03:11 PM
Until love realizes he has to play with Kobe lol

jerellh528
01-10-2014, 03:47 PM
Until love realizes he has to play with Kobe lol

So dumb. Yeah I'm sure he'd rather play with Rubio instead of a legend who has helped numerous players earn championships. Big men benefit greatly from playing with Kobe, especially ones as skilled as love. Just ask gasol. Also he'd only play with Kobe for what, one or two seasons before he became the bonafide king of LA. So unappealing.

RipCity32
01-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Loool I hope that trade is a joke. Lee alone is a similar player to Love so ding Thompson and Barnes is just absurd

Lee is in no way similar to Love.

D-Leethal
01-10-2014, 04:40 PM

Sure they are. Both tremendous rebounders despite not being the most athletic guys out there, both can shoot well for a big man, both suck on defense, both white boys.

AddiX
01-10-2014, 04:44 PM
Sure they are. Both tremendous rebounders despite not being the most athletic guys out there, both can shoot well for a big man, both suck on defense, both white boys.

Ive never understood why live fans get so mad at the comparison. There strengths and limitations are damn near identical.

D-Leethal
01-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Ive never understood why live fans get so mad at the comparison. There strengths and limitations are damn near identical.

Not sure there is another guy in the league who draws a better comparison to either one.

Chronz
01-10-2014, 04:55 PM
I used to think David Lee was pretty athletic tho, maybe not anymore but he used to be.... right?

D-Leethal
01-10-2014, 04:59 PM
I used to think David Lee was pretty athletic tho, maybe not anymore but he used to be.... right?

He's a quick leaper and mobile, but I wouldn't really consider him "athletic". He won the college dunk contest but it was a stupid *** dunk where he threw the ball in the air, took his shirt off while it was mid air, and did a regular two handed dunk. He has more hops than Love though. Lee's skillset with an added 3 point shot, combined with ZBo's athleticism (or lack thereof) = Kevin Love.

THE MTL
01-10-2014, 06:27 PM

Are u ********? They are pretty much the same player.... I always considered Kevin Love to be a maxed out David Lee with a three pt shot

RipCity32
01-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Are u ********? They are pretty much the same player.... I always considered Kevin Love to be a maxed out David Lee with a three pt shot
Are you ********? They are just alike because they are both white and unathletic. Love can Shoot athe 3 ball at a elite level which really seperates the two. if anything i would say Ryan Anderson is more like Love then Lee without the rebounding though. Also don't call me ******** you Dick.

Hawkeye15
01-10-2014, 07:21 PM
The only similarities between Love and Lee are they are white PF's. Bout it....

JNA17
01-11-2014, 03:43 AM
The only similarities between Love and Lee are they are white PF's. Bout it....

I think that's the trouble with a lot of fans in sports. Whenever they see two or more talented white players, they get compared to a lot even if they don't play the same style at all.

Example: Jordy Nelson and Wes Welker, Adam Morrison and Larry Bird (lol during the draft) on the top off my head.

Now apparently it's Lee being compared to Love? Is there some hidden rule or something where white players are never compared to any black players? 0_0

John Walls Era
01-11-2014, 04:24 AM
Must've worked. They destroyed the world beater Bobcats!!! Kevin Love is a leader! A Champion!

Lets crown him king of the NBA!!!

John Walls Era
01-11-2014, 04:25 AM
David Lee is way more athletic than Love...

I could list some positives about Love too, but too lazy.