PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen and Spike Lee may do He got game sequel

spreadeagle
01-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Just in time for the J Shuttlesworth jersey release...idk though sequels usually are sub-par, could be a interesting flick though

As evidenced by his last second three pointer during the 2013 NBA Finals, Ray Allen still has game. According to the two-time NBA champion and three point shooting legend, him and director Spike Lee are in talks to make a sequel to He Got Game.

While Allen is admittedly skeptical of movie sequels as a whole, he informed ESPN if the right script and story could make all his skepticism fade away:

But itís something weíve been talking about for the last couple months. If we get a really good story line and are able to bring everybody back, then it would be something worth doing.

In the classic 1998 film, Allen plays top ranked NBA prospect Jesus Shuttlesworth with Denzel Washington playing his father, Jake Shuttlesworth. Last December, Lee posted a picture of Ray Allenís Miami Heat specialty jersey with his Jesus Shuttlesworth name on the back. Allen will wear the custom jersey for the first time this Friday (January 10th) against the Brooklyn Nets.

Take a quick look back to the past with the original trailer for He Got Game from 1998: http://allhiphop.com/2014/01/08/ray-allen-me-and-spike-lee-are-talking-about-making-he-got-game-2/

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-08-2014, 07:39 PM
I'll let this useless thread slide because of your sig ;)

stawka
01-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Inb4jordanneverhadateammatestarinamovie

Seriously though, bring it on. I'd definitely watch it and I know most here would also rather watch that than a Miley Cyrus concert

NBA_Starter
01-08-2014, 11:04 PM
I'd watch

celtNYpatsHeels
01-08-2014, 11:08 PM
He Got Game 2: Retired on Coney Island

shep33
01-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Demarcus Cousins should play Ray Allen's son

DreamShaker
01-09-2014, 12:33 AM
Demarcus Cousins should play Ray Allen's son

Yes!! He could have gotten one of those girls Rick Fox introduced to him in the first film pregnant. Built in storyline!

D-Leethal
01-09-2014, 12:38 AM
What happens to Denzel in the end of that flick again? Jail or some ****? Lose a lot of interest if he's not in the sequel.

shep33
01-09-2014, 01:27 AM
What happens to Denzel in the end of that flick again? Jail or some ****? Lose a lot of interest if he's not in the sequel.

DeMarcus Cousins dunks on Jake Shuttlesworth and the world explodes. So obviously Jake would die at the end of the film

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-09-2014, 04:35 AM
What is the last thing Spike Lee has done? He is so 1990's. I didn't even like the stuff he did back then. How is this man even remotely relivent? The Knicks need a new hype man.

shep33
01-09-2014, 04:46 AM
What is the last thing Spike Lee has done? He is so 1990's. I didn't even like the stuff he did back then. How is this man even remotely relivent? The Knicks need a new hype man.

I liked "He Got Game", but I could see why people who don't watch/play/understand ball wouldn't like that film.

Anyways, "Malcolm X" was pretty good, but my favorite Spike film will always be "Do the Right Thing"

Everything else he's done is meh

Lakers + Giants
01-09-2014, 04:58 AM
I liked "He Got Game", but I could see why people who don't watch/play/understand ball wouldn't like that film.

Anyways, "Malcolm X" was pretty good, but my favorite Spike film will always be "Do the Right Thing"

:nod:

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-09-2014, 05:02 AM

I do like He Got Game. Seen Malcolm X as a kid but wasn't interested in that kind of movie at that age. Might give it another try. Totally forgot about Do the Right Thing. But like I said. All 1990's films. His last success was 16 years ago. But he gets shoved down my throat every time the Knicks are on T.V. I'm sure there is a bigger star that follows the Knicks that they can pimp. It's not his fault. He is just being a good fan. But I see his reactions way to much.