PDA

View Full Version : Wade's funny seven step travel.

xnick5757
01-08-2014, 03:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHPdN-JzuDw

thought this was pretty funny.

:p

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-08-2014, 03:19 PM
It lead to a 4 point play hence why it mattered right?

xnick5757
01-08-2014, 03:21 PM
It lead to a 4 point play hence why it mattered right?

eh it's not really that big a deal since traveling happens all the time in today's NBA

I just thought it was funny because wade kept switching his pivot foot and the ref was right there

Im_in_Mia_bish
01-08-2014, 03:25 PM
eh it's not really that big a deal since traveling happens all the time in today's NBA

I just thought it was funny because wade kept switching his pivot foot and the ref was right there

Eh I've seen worse.
As long as it's while the player is dribbling I really don't care.

It's when they're in the paint or about to score that gets me. And thankfully that's rare.

Shlumpledink
01-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Refs don't pay attention to these things. They wait for someone to flop to make a call. His defender should have just fallen down when wade was party rocking

shep33
01-08-2014, 03:30 PM
I wonder what would happen if NCAA refs called an NBA game

cdnsportsfan
01-08-2014, 03:44 PM

Likely the same thing that happens when NBA players - The US Team in particular it seems - plays in the Olympics, or at least the first few games they play anyways: whistles everywhere!

This is a pretty bad travel, and there's really no excuse for missing it. Though there's rarely any excuse for missing most of the travels that don't get called. What I find funny though is something like this goes uncalled, and yet refs can be thrown off by solid yet very quick pivots and call those as travels. At times it's almost like they only call the slight ones, while they miss the blatantly obvious ones entirely!

KniCks4LiFe
01-08-2014, 03:44 PM
This what I saw

ref: *thinks* "damn I hope I can get DWade's autograph after this"

red shirt fan: "WTF! he traveled! you blind!"

DWade: *singing* "I dream that he, that he is me"

basketball: "nah suckah that's too many steps I'm out"

Hawkeye15
01-08-2014, 04:47 PM

20 travel calls, 10 technicals, and 80 free throw attempts while every big fouled out for over the back.

shep33
01-08-2014, 04:55 PM
20 travel calls, 10 technicals, and 80 free throw attempts while every big fouled out for over the back.

:laugh:

Pretty much. It would be unwatchable.

rapjuicer06
01-08-2014, 05:45 PM

That's so sad that, that is true. Pro players really don't know how to play the game correctly. Its embarrassing

gatkins11
01-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Lol.

Sly Guy
01-08-2014, 07:26 PM
lol, I know his travel really doesn't make an impact on the play, but this is why I hate nba officiating, this is just too hard not to call...

beasted86
01-08-2014, 07:33 PM
That's pretty bad, but I've seen worse. I had to watch the video a couple times to see it myself.

airforceones25
01-08-2014, 11:18 PM

Today's NBA? You obviously have never seen the Jordan Salsa 20+ years ago…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yibQYwITuqA

Also this video makes Wades that much better.. Thanks to LeBron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcvlEeCbkKE

NBA_Starter
01-08-2014, 11:28 PM
I have seen worse.

VinceCarter
01-08-2014, 11:52 PM
I saw a step MAYBE 2 followed by a hop step (no travel there). Then he set his feet and pivoted then he picked up his pivot foot (right foot) at 0:05 and that's where the travel should have been called. So that's 3 or 4 steps total including the pivot step. Don't see where the hell the guy got 7 steps from.

NetsPaint
01-09-2014, 12:41 AM
Imagine referees from the 40s calling today's NBA? Some of the guards might not even make it at the college level without being able to carry.

Corey
01-09-2014, 01:22 AM
Blatant travel.

EAGLES3658
01-09-2014, 03:16 AM
This really is not funny. It is sad. Shows how much of a joke the NBA is.

True Sports Fan
01-09-2014, 03:23 AM
LeBron called it... Not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6...

jaydubb
01-09-2014, 03:39 AM
LeBron called it... Not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6...

:laugh2:

Chronz
01-09-2014, 04:18 AM
worse calls

Chronz
01-09-2014, 04:18 AM
Imagine referees from the 40s calling today's NBA? Some of the guards might not even make it at the college level without being able to carry.
bingo

JNA17
01-09-2014, 11:05 AM
That's so sad that, that is true. Pro players really don't know how to play the game correctly. Its embarrassing

It's pretty sad when NCAA players know how to play the game more than the NBA players do.

Lebron for example would average 10+ TO a game and be the worst travel offender by NCAA refs.

Than again I don't think this is the only bad Wade travels video, he's a pretty big offender too.

James Harden would either love or hate NCAA refs.

Jetsguy
01-09-2014, 11:20 AM
How are people making this out to be less lol. That is s blatant travel, I would like to see a worse one that was not called. That is crazy lol

Raps18-19 Champ
01-09-2014, 11:36 AM

Not that they don't know HOW to play. They are just able to get away with things more. Kinda like in any workplace when the guys who have been there a long time don't always follow the standard books to the t.

ModernDaySavage
01-09-2014, 12:25 PM
It's pretty sad when NCAA players know how to play the game more than the NBA players do.

Lebron for example would average 10+ TO a game and be the worst travel offender by NCAA refs.

Than again I don't think this is the only bad Wade travels video, he's a pretty big offender too.

Yeah for sure man, the best player on the planet definitely wouldn't adjust at all. I completely agree.

Kelly Gruber
01-09-2014, 12:31 PM

Was a huge basketball fan in the 90s, but my interest has dwindled to kind of sort of following what the Raptors are doing and catching the odd game when I have time because of this. It's not even the same sport anymore... Dudes like John Stockton or Patrick Ewing had more fundamentals and intensity in their big toe than the players of today do.

jmartin80
01-09-2014, 01:27 PM
All stars always get the non calls / calls like this.

Those who are making it less than it seems to be appear to be mostly Heat fans.

This is why the NBA continues to be mocked. It is pathetic.

IKnowHoops
01-09-2014, 01:50 PM
That was hilarious! On a serious note, the NBA should clean this stuff up because its just gonna get worse and worse. If your gonna call when someone drags there pivot foot just a tad, and not call a guy changing his pivot foot TWICE.....For the sake of game integrity, the NBA needs to not allow this lazy game calling/playing to continue. As it gets worse and worse, one day it will cease being basketball and turn into ultimate frisbee with a basketball. That was very funny though.

b@llhog24
01-09-2014, 03:26 PM

Wade and Harden did pretty good in college. James never made it but the notion that some people have that these guys wouldn't adjust is hilarious IMO.

lamzoka
01-09-2014, 03:45 PM
Today's NBA? You obviously have never seen the Jordan Salsa 20+ years ago…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yibQYwITuqA

Also this video makes Wades that much better.. Thanks to LeBron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcvlEeCbkKE

Dude forget about Jordan, the outro of this video had me rolling. U gotta watch this vid with the caption on too

Funniest thing on youtube :laugh::laugh:

Hawkeye15
01-09-2014, 05:06 PM

oh, they would adjust over a short time, but to just change the way the rules have been called overnight would cause havoc initially.