PDA

View Full Version : Nets report Deron Williams out indefinitely

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Deron Williams Medical Update

January 07, 2014 1:07 pm EST
Brooklyn, NY – Following an MRI on Monday, January 6, Brooklyn Nets guard Deron Williams was diagnosed with a sprained left ankle. Williams was treated with a cortisone shot in the ankle joint, as well as platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections into the lateral ligaments of the ankle. In addition, Williams received a PRP injection into his right ankle and a cortisone injection into his right ankle joint to relieve inflammation. Williams, who will miss Wednesday’s game versus Golden State, is currently in a walking boot and will be re-evaluated at the end of the week.
(source) (http://snynets.com/nets/deron-williams-had-treatment-on-both-ankles-out-wednesday/)
Man, Billy King is a fool. This is Stat all over again.

Riodagoat
01-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Oh well

D-Leethal
01-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Str8 glass homie.

Chronz
01-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Am I crazy for thinking this has anything to do with his reliance on the crossover to create separation? I mean, every player needs some misdirection to their game, but with D-Will, I felt like the only way he penetrated was with nothing but crosses, as opposed to quick bursts. All that weight going on the ankle...... no Im not a Doctor

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Str8 glass homie.

glass has some strength, this jello.

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Am I crazy for thinking this has anything to do with his reliance on the crossover to create separation? I mean, every player needs some misdirection to their game, but with D-Will, I felt like the only way he penetrated was with nothing but crosses, as opposed to quick bursts. All that weight going on the ankle...... no Im not a Doctor

this exactly why I said he needed to be a SG and let Livingston run the point to survive. You hit it straight on, his injuries they've mostly come from his crossover and weight shifting.

NYKnickFanatic
01-07-2014, 02:53 PM
That sucks man. Such a beast in Utah. After Sloan quit, it's like he hasn't been the same. Or is that just me?

Sandman
01-07-2014, 02:58 PM
That sucks man. Such a beast in Utah. After Sloan quit, it's like he hasn't been the same. Or is that just me?

well unless sloan is secretly fitting williams with rigged dr scholls insoles I doubt it has a lot to do with his ankle injuries

Stunner
01-07-2014, 02:58 PM
KG for Boozer and Kirk

NYKnickFanatic
01-07-2014, 03:00 PM
well unless sloan is secretly fitting williams with rigged dr scholls insoles I doubt it has a lot to do with his ankle injuries

:p You're right.

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2014, 03:00 PM
KG for Boozer and Kirk

makes no sense for them

Stunner
01-07-2014, 03:07 PM
makes no sense for them

Another pg who can play defense and run the team with the hurt Williams and Boozer is better than KG .

dhopisthename
01-07-2014, 03:08 PM
wow utah traded him at the right time

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Another pg who can play defense and run the team with the hurt Williams and Boozer is better than KG .

That's 16M they are stuck w/ another player they can't deal and is one dimensional on the floor. Heinrich is the only plus in that deal.

D-Leethal
01-07-2014, 03:22 PM

Pretty interesting observation. I would imagine it puts another level of stress on the ankle that you don't typical get playing bball outside of sharp lateral movements on defense.

colinskik
01-07-2014, 03:27 PM
he's done. how many ankle injuries is this in the last two years?

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2014, 03:28 PM
he's done. how many ankle injuries is this in the last two years?

my count 4.

shep33
01-07-2014, 03:52 PM

Dwill needed to drop weight if he was going to continue with that style of play. Sadly it look like his career is being defined by injuries

BenFrank
01-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Should have just traded him to Houston..

KniCks4LiFe
01-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Should have just traded him to Houston..

I wouldn't even leave that on the table anymore.

leprechaun5
01-07-2014, 04:07 PM
He will be back in a week ,bad news for nets it's their schedule.

shep33
01-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Anyways the nets are so screwed.... they're I'm cap hell, and their two best players are likely to struggle with injuries for the rest of their careers

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-07-2014, 04:40 PM
DoMeFavors stay strong

Rockice_8
01-07-2014, 05:34 PM
this exactly why I said he needed to be a SG and let Livingston run the point to survive. You hit it straight on, his injuries they've mostly come from his crossover and weight shifting.

Actually they been by him stepping on ankles mostly this season. He's been undercut at least twice this season on jumpers once by Kemba and I forget the other time.

This isn't a chronic thing mostly just bad luck. His ankles don't just get sore by pounding on them like Stats knees, they roll easily and he's prone to sprains. Too bad cause he's been playing well when he's been in there.

ManRam
01-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Brutal.

I feel bad for Nets fans.

But, I have no sympathy for the owner/front office. Spend all your money as recklessly as you want! I love it! The fewer big market teams making wise moves the better.

Rockice_8
01-07-2014, 05:36 PM
he's done. How many ankle injuries is this in the last two years?

lol

Wade#Heat
01-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Contractual suicide.

Wade#Heat
01-07-2014, 05:43 PM
wow utah traded him at the right time

This.

numba1CHANGsta
01-07-2014, 05:47 PM
The top 6 PG's in the league are all injured:

CP3
Rose
Westbrook
D-Will
Rondo
Irving

29$JerZ
01-07-2014, 05:51 PM
Team was doomed to fail from the start.

They really should try to see if they can get anything for Pierce or KG's expiring deal and just hope Deron/JJ/Brook are 100% next season.

kblo247
01-07-2014, 06:19 PM

Unmotivated fat *** syndrome like Baron ... He just coasted on talent and was protected when. Sloan questioned his effort and commitment to stay in shape, and had never been that great since he left

rhymeratic
01-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Wow I kinda always thought this dude was too heavy at PG. It's crazy how quick he fell off. This dude is done.

Hawkeye15
01-07-2014, 06:56 PM

yep, you nailed it. It's also why his turnover rate has always been meh compared to a CP3 for example.

Hawkeye15
01-07-2014, 06:57 PM
I have to be honest, watching Deron at Illinois, I was blown away he became as good as he did in Utah. He was a fatty in college. Goes to show, as soon as his injuries started up, and some of the weight came back, his game fell.

shep33
01-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Yup, these injuries in my opinion are all weight related.

They say he's 6'3 and around 210. He looks bigger than that though

KingPosey
01-07-2014, 07:35 PM

No he's not spraining his own ankle because he uses a cross over lol.

Now if he was having joint problems or other things from repetitive pounding and weight transfer that's different.

Hawkeye15
01-07-2014, 08:37 PM
No he's not spraining his own ankle because he uses a cross over lol.

Now if he was having joint problems or other things from repetitive pounding and weight transfer that's different.

no, he has a great point. Deron, more than any other high tier PG, uses constant crossovers to create distance, instead of blow byes. It has also contributed to his turnovers imo, he had a very high dribble his first few years. Add to it that he might be listed at 210, but he is over that, and that is a lot of stress to be putting on ankles that utilize crossovers almost exclusively to gain separation.

A 215-220 lb PG is very large. Using crossovers as your main way of movement is going to wear the tendons down.

NBA_Starter
01-07-2014, 11:49 PM
Just when they were on a run.:(

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-08-2014, 12:13 AM
This.

And all they got was crap

dhopisthename
01-08-2014, 12:33 AM

favors alone is worth more then everyone on the nets except brook, but he can't stay healthy either.

Wade#Heat
01-08-2014, 01:05 AM

Favors, Devin Harris and picks... Utah knew he would demand the max. I'm sure they would take "crap" over letting him walk for nothing

NYtilIdie
01-08-2014, 04:28 AM
Its amazing how both Williams & Boozer hit a decline as soon as Sloan left. Neither have reached their status in the Utah days since they split.

DitchDat
01-08-2014, 06:06 AM
What is up with D-Will? I don't recall he was injured this much with the Jazz?

ManRam
01-08-2014, 01:20 PM

Favors: not crap
2011 1st round pick: third overall --> Enes Kanter
2013 1st round pick: 21 overall --> Gorgui Dieng, who was traded with Shabazz for Trey Burke

I think that's a pretty darn solid haul for someone that would have just left anyways :shrug:

Kanter's been pretty bad, but there's still hope for him. Favors and Burke (who they wouldn't have been able to get without the trade) are two of their three biggest building blocks going forward.

Rockice_8
01-08-2014, 05:48 PM
no, he has a great point. Deron, more than any other high tier PG, uses constant crossovers to create distance, instead of blow byes. It has also contributed to his turnovers imo, he had a very high dribble his first few years. Add to it that he might be listed at 210, but he is over that, and that is a lot of stress to be putting on ankles that utilize crossovers almost exclusively to gain separation.

A 215-220 lb PG is very large. Using crossovers as your main way of movement is going to wear the tendons down.

LOL I'm sorry but that is a giant reach. The guy rolls his ankles easier than most because when you do it once the ligaments wear down. It doesn't have to do with him using a crossover. It has to do with rolling his ankle time and time again and stressing the ligament. I can't ever recall him crossing over and hurting himself without another player being involved.

And the guy is not done like the Knicks fans in this thread are hoping. He's been playing well when he's on the court. His FG% and 3pt% are both above his career averages. His numbers are just down due to him taking less shots and trying to get his teammates involved more.

Denver-boy
01-08-2014, 06:12 PM
dwill, lol dudes been garbage since he left utah

sammyvine
01-08-2014, 07:24 PM
nets suck

they should have drafted lillard and started a fresh with him. deron is done and garbage.

sammyvine
01-08-2014, 07:25 PM
I have to be honest, watching Deron at Illinois, I was blown away he became as good as he did in Utah. He was a fatty in college. Goes to show, as soon as his injuries started up, and some of the weight came back, his game fell.

was he that fat lol

NBA_Starter
01-08-2014, 11:13 PM
They won that one for D-Will!

KniCks4LiFe
01-08-2014, 11:32 PM
they need to trade him and get value for him before he breaks on them again, but Billy King's inept GM *** is not doing nothing. :laugh2:

The fact it is Livingston who is saving them now, it won't last, but think this. Livingston is here b/c Kidd wanted him, so he's saving Billy King's inept ***.

shep33
01-08-2014, 11:41 PM
I would see if Houston would be wiling to give up Asik + Lin.

You do that deal if your the Nets. The Rox... not so sure