PDA

View Full Version : Boozer to be amnestied: Anybody want to trade for him first?

JasonJohnHorn
01-06-2014, 10:16 AM
As reported, Boozer is expected to be amnestied:
http://prosportsdaily.com/articles/chicago-bulls-expected-to-amnesty-carlos-boozer-283244.html

Boozer has a little over 15 mil this season and almost 17 mil next season.

the issue is, they want to amnesty him in the OFF SEASON, which only saves them one year of cap-space.

I think that a two-year deal makes him good trade bait. If they are keeping him until next year, then he suddenly becomes an expiring contract and they can take back a couple of players for him for a team looking to unload players.

He's also a solid double-double player with starting minutes. If Miami gave up Bosh for Boozer, they'd find that their rebounding was vastly improved (not sure about chemistry) AND the Heat would be spending less and have a shorter commitment.

LAL, NYK an BK might all have something to offer THIS year...

But bottom line is, if the Bulls are going to keep Boozer until the offseason, the might as well keep him next year to as trade bait. His expiring contract will be appealing.

and I hate amnestying players. It seems wrong to pay somebody not to play... especially 17 mil.

kobe4thewinbang
01-06-2014, 10:28 AM
How much does Rose make? If he keeps getting injured, they should amnesty him as shocking as it would be. Boozer still has monster games, but is not the same player he was in Utah as can be expected. I think a trade would be much better, giving Chicago some players to ride out in Rose's absence.

AddiX
01-06-2014, 10:34 AM
No such thing as a Carlos boozer fan..,

Pierzynski4Prez
01-06-2014, 10:45 AM
How much does Rose make? If he keeps getting injured, they should amnesty him as shocking as it would be. Boozer still has monster games, but is not the same player he was in Utah as can be expected. I think a trade would be much better, giving Chicago some players to ride out in Rose's absence.

Can't as Rose's contract was signed after the new CBA was agreed upon.

Also, article is written by NY Daily News columnist. I can't put too much stock into him knowing the decisions of the Bulls FO.

ThaDubs
01-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Boozer needs to amnesty his black ice.

BKLYNpigeon
01-06-2014, 10:47 AM
I cant see why any team would trade anything of Value for Boozer since teams could possibly pick him off of waivers.

I dont think the Bulls was to take any money back because they want to stay under the Salary Cap this season.

Heediot
01-06-2014, 11:14 AM
Expiring contracts have become overrated. The bigger the expiring contract, the more overrated IMO. Also half the teams in the league have a decent expiring contract.

BKLYNpigeon
01-06-2014, 11:32 AM
Expiring contracts have become overrated. The bigger the expiring contract, the more overrated IMO. Also half the teams in the league have a decent expiring contract.

disagree.

if you have expiring contracts its a great way for you to improve your team by trading them for assets that benefit your team.

if you have dead money on the books. getting salary cap relief help you Save Money, because this is a business. And it allows you to have money the following season to spend on free agents that will help your team.

smiddy012
01-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Boozer for Bosh?!?!? Where do I sign? Lol!

First, the Heat aren't that stupid. Without Bosh they have no rings. Second, Bosh is by far the more well-rounded and consistent player.

And as a Bulls fan, I'll take a vey late round first, or a future first for Booz, in a heart beat. We've been planning to amnesty him for a long while now, if not trade him.

Philly Hammer
disagree.

if you have expiring contracts its a great way for you to improve your team by trading them for assets that benefit your team.

if you have dead money on the books. getting salary cap relief help you Save Money, because this is a business. And it allows you to have money the following season to spend on free agents that will help your team.I'm not seeing alot of them being moved lately.

KniCks4LiFe
Where are those Bulls fans that told me Pierce or KG for Boozer :rolleyes:

Philly Hammer
01-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Where are those Bulls fans that told me Pierce or KG for Boozer :rolleyes:It's not like any of those players are great especially KG and Pierce they are declining like a motha.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-06-2014, 12:01 PM
Where are those Bulls fans that told me Pierce or KG for Boozer :rolleyes:

Where are those Knick fans that told me LBJ was a lock to NY in 2010? Or that CP3 to NY was a guarantee. Stop wrapping an entire fan base into 1-2 poster(s).

KniCks4LiFe
01-06-2014, 12:04 PM
It's not like any of those players are great especially KG and Pierce they are declining like a motha.

I know, but team would take KG or PP. Chicago don't even want to keep Boozer.

KniCks4LiFe
01-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Where are those Knick fans that told me LBJ was a lock to NY in 2010? Or that CP3 to NY was a guarantee. Stop wrapping an entire fan base into 1-2 poster(s).

I don't mean your whole fanbase. Trust me. I know there are logical Bulls fans and Knicks fans btw.

bleedprple&gold
01-06-2014, 12:12 PM
They are waiting until the offseason to amnesty him because you cant use the amnesty clause in the middle of the season.

Johnny Squares
01-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Still can't believe that out of the 2001 National Champion Duke Blue Devils 4some of Battier, Williams, Duhon and Boozer, that he went on to have the best career, Battier is no slouch but Boozer was the best of the bunch, a 2nd round steal of the Cavs, who he thanked by negging on a handshake deal. The Cavs FO deserved it as it was a microcosm of their ineptitude during LeBron's years but still Boozer has no class, he's still a solid NBA player but not at 15-17 million a year, more like a 8-9 mil guy...

b@llhog24
01-06-2014, 01:13 PM
No such thing as a Carlos boozer fan..,

So true.

JasonJohnHorn
01-06-2014, 01:32 PM
I cant see why any team would trade anything of Value for Boozer since teams could possibly pick him off of waivers.

I dont think the Bulls was to take any money back because they want to stay under the Salary Cap this season.

That would assume that any team that wants him only wants to add him to their roster for his talent.

20 years ago, trades were about improving a team and were almost all based on talent. Today, however, teams makes trades, more often than not, for financial reasons. If the Bulls want to get better, but somebody else wants to shed a contract, then trading for Boozer would make sense.

A team like Miami might trade Bosh for Boozer to save money. Boozer is a better rebounder, and he costs less.

Plus, if somebody actually did WANT Boozer... then they'd have to trade for him or risk watching a competitor sign him.

If he were amnestied, I'm sure the Clippers, Spurs, Heat and Pacers wouldn't want to see Houston pick him up. So there are reasons to trade for him.

GiantsSwaGG
01-06-2014, 02:49 PM
They should amnesty Boozer's hairspray

mjm07
01-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Miami/Riley/Arison will never trade Bosh for Boozer.

ambisme56
01-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Any chance with getting rid or Deng, Boozer, Hinrich and N. Mohammed that the Bulls have money to sign Melo?

Rose
Butler
Melo
Gibson
Noah

smiddy012
01-06-2014, 03:36 PM
Any chance with getting rid or Deng, Boozer, Hinrich and N. Mohammed that the Bulls have money to sign Melo?

Rose
Butler
Melo
Gibson
Noah

Not unless Melo's willing to restructure/take less money.

spreadeagle
01-06-2014, 05:38 PM
Id give up Amir Johnson and Landry Fields for em

A_Bynum_sucks
01-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Boozer gives up on defense more then he ever gets. No one will ever trade anything for him, except a equally bad, long term contracted player...which the Bulls don't want. So no trade is even remotely possible.

Heediot
01-06-2014, 06:06 PM
disagree.

if you have dead money on the books. getting salary cap relief help you Save Money, because this is a business. And it allows you to have money the following season to spend on free agents that will help your team.

The only good example of recent expiring deals being moved that I can think of was the GS trade to get Iggy unless I'm missing something. Theoretically it is has potential value, but practically the value is not as much as it appears because the league is loaded with expiring deals.

CityofTreez
01-06-2014, 06:51 PM
disagree.

Expiring contracts are such a "gamble" though.

Acquiring them can have a negative circumstance if the if the overall plan doesn't work out in their favor. I understand a GM has his responsibilities to instill into a franchise, but it can go wrong. I still don't know where I stand with the "expiring contract" because it rarely ever does work out.

bholly
01-06-2014, 07:15 PM
As reported, Boozer is expected to be amnestied:
http://prosportsdaily.com/articles/chicago-bulls-expected-to-amnesty-carlos-boozer-283244.html

Boozer has a little over 15 mil this season and almost 17 mil next season.

the issue is, they want to amnesty him in the OFF SEASON, which only saves them one year of cap-space.

I think that a two-year deal makes him good trade bait. If they are keeping him until next year, then he suddenly becomes an expiring contract and they can take back a couple of players for him for a team looking to unload players.

It isn't about when they want to amnesty him, it's about when they can amnesty him - it's the amnesty window this offseason or nothing, those are the rules.