PDA

View Full Version : Nobody Has What it Takes to take down the HEAT

P&GRealist
01-06-2014, 01:19 AM
I thought Pacers would be that team, but it's clear there are stretches where they just have trouble putting the ball through the hoop. Having exceptional defense can only take you so far if you close to average offensively.

The Blazers are smokin hot on offense, but their defense is inconsistent.

The Spurs are the Spurs. The greatest regular season team in recent history, but fall flat on their faces come playoff time.

The HEAT can turn it on both offensively and defensively whenever they want. Sure, they can be pushed to 7 games like they have been the last 2 yrs, but they will still end up winning that 7th game if you have LeBron James on your team.

NOBODY can beat the HEAT.

Do you guys agree that no one is stopping them from getting a 3-Peat?

LongIslandIcedZ
01-06-2014, 01:21 AM
Whats with the all capital letters thing?

Does any team have lower case letters in their logo?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-06-2014, 01:24 AM
Miami HEAT.

Matter.
01-06-2014, 01:26 AM
Okc?

NYKnickFanatic
01-06-2014, 01:28 AM
I thought Pacers would be that team, but it's clear there are stretches where they just have trouble putting the ball through the hoop. Having exceptional defense can only take you so far if you close to average offensively.

The Blazers are smokin hot on offense, but their defense is inconsistent.

The Spurs are the Spurs. The greatest regular season team in recent history, but fall flat on their faces come playoff time.

The HEAT can turn it on both offensively and defensively whenever they want. Sure, they can be pushed to 7 games like they have been the last 2 yrs, but they will still end up winning that 7th game if you have LeBron James on your team.

NOBODY can beat the HEAT.

Do you guys agree that no one is stopping them from getting a 3-Peat?

The Spurs, who were seconds away from winning the championship last year, fall flat on their faces every year?

SPURSFAN1
01-06-2014, 01:36 AM
Trolling mad hard. Insecure fans.

TrueFan420
01-06-2014, 01:40 AM
Warriors can if healthy. We have the size in Bogut and lee to cause them problems. If curry and Klay are dropping 3 and in the zone they cant be stopped. Iggy and Bogut defensively. One of the most balanced offensive teams and capable of playing top defense. Our bench is what might hurt us.

TrueFan420
01-06-2014, 01:41 AM

Agreed

HYFR
01-06-2014, 01:42 AM
The spurs fall flat on their face??? Lol this has to be a troll thread.

John Walls Era
01-06-2014, 01:45 AM

b2b champions... why would they be insecure?

sep11ie
01-06-2014, 01:59 AM
I beat the heat by rubbing icicles on my nipples.

asandhu23
01-06-2014, 02:04 AM
I am pretty sure my Warriors did just recently.

asandhu23
01-06-2014, 02:04 AM
Are you Indyrealist's dupe?

bholly
01-06-2014, 02:08 AM
The Heat were a miracle away from losing in 6 last year - certainly wasn't a resounding victory. They're probably still favourites, but they aren't even close to being favourites against the field. Plenty of teams are capable of beatting them.

stawka
01-06-2014, 02:22 AM

By his username, one can expect him to be a Lakers fan. I don't get it either

P&GRealist
01-06-2014, 02:25 AM

I'm not even a Heat fan.

Chronz
01-06-2014, 02:53 AM
Having exceptional defense can only take you so far if you close to average offensively.

That depends on your definition of exceptional. You can most definitely win on the strength of your defense, even with a mediocre offense. Its actually more important to be elite defensively than offensively simply because of the consistency of it.

Wade#Heat
01-06-2014, 03:01 AM
Heat can beat themselves..

Chronz
01-06-2014, 03:22 AM
b2b champions... why would they be insecure?

Because of how vulnerable they have looked.

Shortys4711
01-06-2014, 04:21 AM
Lol. This

Slug3
01-06-2014, 10:01 AM
The Warriors are just the better all around team. Heat only have one great player, but Bosh no good. Lee always outplays him.

Indy, OKC and even the Spurs all have their chances to beat Miami in a best of 7. But it will not be the jump shooting Warriors.

kdspurman
01-06-2014, 10:16 AM
I'd have to strongly disagree here... Any team can be beaten in a 7 game series, the heat are no exception

siix
01-06-2014, 10:18 AM
lechoke

ATX
01-06-2014, 10:26 AM
There are several contending teams out there. It's been a long time since we've seen a team make 4 Finals trips in a row. They have their flaws as every team does, but I trust their mental fortitude and mettle above the rest.

deaner
01-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Even the .500 raptors who have recently had shaken up their roster took them to the last few possessions last night. That team is totally beatable. Add an injury to the 2.5 men and half the teams in the east could beat them.

ThaDubs
01-06-2014, 10:35 AM
We could easily beat the Heat in a 7 game series. We are already the best team in the NBA with everyone healthy. 18-3.

ATX
01-06-2014, 10:39 AM
Even the .500 raptors who have recently had shaken up their roster took them to the last few possessions last night. That team is totally beatable. Add an injury to the 2.5 men and half the teams in the east could beat them.

You do realize the regular season is completely different from playoff basketball right?

JdKing7
01-06-2014, 10:42 AM
The spurs fall flat on their face come playoff time? That is news to me. Guess you learn something new every day.

ATX
01-06-2014, 10:43 AM
We could easily beat the Heat in a 7 game series. We are already the best team in the NBA with everyone healthy. 18-3.

Uh huh. And when is the last time the Warriors made a trip to the Finals? Don't get me wrong, I love watching the Warriors. They have assembled a very fun team to watch. Curry has been phenomenal. I just think that you can't just assume they'd "Easily" beat the B2B Champs in a 7 game NBA Finals just because they beat Miami in a regular season game.

D-Leethal
01-06-2014, 10:46 AM
yea, Spurs sure looked like they had nowhere near what it takes to beat Miami last year.

b@llhog24
01-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Always bet on the field.

ThaDubs
01-06-2014, 10:56 AM
Uh huh. And when is the last time the Warriors made a trip to the Finals? Don't get me wrong, I love watching the Warriors. They have assembled a very fun team to watch. Curry has been phenomenal. I just think that you can't just assume they'd "Easily" beat the B2B Champs in a 7 game NBA Finals just because they beat Miami in a regular season game.
"Easily" wasn't what I meant. My point was that it is very possible for us to beat the Heat in a 7 game series. We have been on a tear recently, and we are showing why we are a force to be reckoned with when fully healthy. We were the only team besides the Heat to win a game vs. the Spurs in the 2013 playoffs, and we beat them twice. And that was without our all-star power forward and with our best player suffering from multiple minor injuries. And don't forget, one of the games we lost to the Spurs was lost on a game winner. Our chances of winning that series if we had been healthy were relatively high. And who knows what could have happened from there? We've had the Heat's number recently so it's not insane or inane to say we could have been champions. And now we have Andre Iguodala and are statistically the best team in the entire NBA when healthy. That is what I meant.

Last time we made the finals was 40 years ago (to answer your pointless question).

Fnom11
01-06-2014, 11:14 AM
"Easily" wasn't what I meant. My point was that it is very possible for us to beat the Heat in a 7 game series. We have been on a tear recently, and we are showing why we are a force to be reckoned with when fully healthy. We were the only team besides the Heat to win a game vs. the Spurs in the 2013 playoffs, and we beat them twice. And that was without our all-star power forward and with our best player suffering from multiple minor injuries. And don't forget, one of the games we lost to the Spurs was lost on a game winner. Our chances of winning that series if we had been healthy were relatively high. And who knows what could have happened from there? We've had the Heat's number recently so it's not insane or inane to say we could have been champions. And now we have Andre Iguodala and are statistically the best team in the entire NBA when healthy. That is what I meant.

Last time we made the finals was 40 years ago (to answer your pointless question).

I'm not trying to downplay your win over the Heat but don't you think you're getting a little ahead of yourself? It took a ridiculous shooting night not only from Curry but your entire team to win which I can assure you won't happen 4/7 games and your defense is a little above average at best. They're a great team and easily have been my 2nd favorite for 3 years but still man....

Also statistically the best team when healthy? What are you basing that off of? Your recent win streak? It's not even halfway into the season.

HYFR
01-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Warriors fans sounding cocky in here.

deaner
01-06-2014, 12:14 PM
You do realize the regular season is completely different from playoff basketball right?

Did you watch that game last night? Both teams had extra effort and it had the feel of game 1 first round. Raps are only 10 games in on injecting half a new rotation. All I'm saying is they are not runaways, even in the east with a full squad let alone an injury to LBJ's toe, Wade's knees, or Bosh's fingernail. There is a lot of ball left to be played before they sip champagne.

Riodagoat
01-06-2014, 12:27 PM
I lol when a certain team beats another team in the REGULAR SEASON and automatically thinks they can beat them in a playoff series.

I really enjoy waching the GSW especially when they gave LAC a whooping, but holy balls, some of the GSW fans here are as dumb as a bag of rocks.

No, Curry is not better than CP3. No, GSW will not beat MIA in a 7 game series. For the last 2 years, people having been saying X team will beat the Heat because of X in a 7 game series. Hasn't happened yet. If anybody will dethrone the Heat this year, it will only be the Spurs.

SouthSideRookie
01-06-2014, 01:00 PM

LOL

I lol when a certain team beats another team in the REGULAR SEASON and automatically thinks they can beat them in a playoff series.

I really enjoy waching the GSW especially when they gave LAC a whooping, but holy balls, some of the GSW fans here are as dumb as a bag of rocks.

No, Curry is not better than CP3. No, GSW will not beat MIA in a 7 game series. For the last 2 years, people having been saying X team will beat the Heat because of X in a 7 game series. Hasn't happened yet. If anybody will dethrone the Heat this year, it will only be the Spurs.

You just now realized this?:confused:

and all this talk about the Spurs were a rebound away bla bla bla. It took Danny freaking Green to shoot at a ridiculous historic rate for the Spurs to have gotten 3 games.

Balls Deep
01-06-2014, 02:08 PM
The Warriors have every ability to beat the Heat. But the Pacers will probably be playing us in the Final

jacquewho?
01-06-2014, 02:22 PM
All Hail The HEAT!!!!!!!!!!

Guppyfighter
01-06-2014, 02:22 PM
LOL

You just now realized this?:confused:

and all this talk about the Spurs were a rebound away bla bla bla. It took Danny freaking Green to shoot at a ridiculous historic rate for the Spurs to have gotten 3 games.

Danny Green actually shot 45 percent for the series, so in the sample, it's not that far off of what you expect. Spurs-Heat last year goes to seven games nearly every time.

TheNumber37
01-06-2014, 02:23 PM
The Heat can't beat the Pacers in 7.. not without HC. The Pacers can also trade Granger and plug all the wholes in the offense.

Granger and a pick for Thad Young and J rich

ThuglifeJ
01-06-2014, 03:32 PM
This is why people hate the HEAT. They're suppose to win anyway, they have one of the mist overtop stacked rosters for a while now. I'm not a fan of the unfair roster but w.e.

Also how quickly people forget that the refs helped the HEAT barely squeeze by the Spurs. How is that 'flat on their faces'

Troll.

Please..

ChiSox219
01-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Danny Green actually shot 45 percent for the series, so in the sample, it's not that far off of what you expect. Spurs-Heat last year goes to seven games nearly every time.

Green shot 55% from 3 for the series and 65.9% in the first 5 games...

Slug3
01-06-2014, 03:39 PM
This is why people hate the HEAT. They're suppose to win anyway, they have one of the mist overtop stacked rosters for a while now. I'm not a fan of the unfair roster but w.e.

Also how quickly people forget that the refs helped the HEAT barely squeeze by the Spurs. How is that 'flat on their faces'

Troll.

Please..

Um how did the refs help the Heat beat the Spurs?

beasted86
01-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Reading the posts in here, some of you must feel threatened.

tr3ymill3r
01-06-2014, 03:47 PM
You do realize that Wade won't be healthy for the playoffs again?

Chronz
Um how did the refs help the Heat beat the Spurs?

By giving the Heat the least amount of free throws in Finals history for a 7 game series.

beasted86
Feels good to be the King.

nickdymez
01-06-2014, 03:55 PM
By his username, one can expect him to be a Lakers fan. I don't get it either

Whats his username have to do with the Lakers?

SouthSideRookie
01-06-2014, 04:01 PM

Green, a player who has been cut by the team that drafted him (Cleveland) and then cut by the Spurs, continues to amaze. Just about one year ago he was removed from the starting lineup against Oklahoma City in Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals in favor of Ginobili. But he's played at such a level this year that when Ginobili was inserted into the starting lineup tonight, Green stayed in. Not only did he surpass Allen's NBA Finals record of 22 3-pointers made in a series, he's shooting 66 percent beyond the 3-point line (25-for-38).

Games 1-5^^^^

Danny Green, who was a favorite to win Finals MVP, finished just 1-for-7 from the field. He had a chance to force a second overtime but had his shot blocked by Chris Bosh in the closing seconds.

game 6^^^

Another tough night for Danny Green. So much for him being the dark-horse candidate for Finals MVP. Green shot 1-for-12 from the field after being seemingly unstoppable through five games.

game 7^^^

NYKnickFanatic
01-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Games 1-5^^^^

game 6^^^

game 7^^^

Your point? The games where he didn't shoot well, they were still close...

NYKnickFanatic
01-06-2014, 04:03 PM
You do realize that Wade won't be healthy for the playoffs again?

LeBron James.

That is all.

SouthSideRookie
01-06-2014, 04:06 PM
Your point? The games where he didn't shoot well, they were still close...

and they lost.

SPURSFAN1
01-06-2014, 04:29 PM
Reading the posts in here, some of you must feel threatened.

I think it's all the heat fans. The heat fans don't even go out and say this thread is a troll thread. That in itself says a lot about Heat fans. Many are insecure and they lash out before even half the season is over. Anything can happen in half a season.

king4day
01-06-2014, 04:35 PM
I don't like where this thread is going. To the OP, you can give reasons why every single team in the league won't win this year, including Miami. Without facts to back up your thoughts, I can't leave this one open. It's just opinions.