PDA

View Full Version : Courtney Lee traded to Grizz for Jeryd Bayless

shep33
01-05-2014, 07:08 PM
The Boston Celtics have reached an agreement with the Memphis Grizzlies to trade for veteran guard Jerryd Bayless, according to sources close to the process. Sources told ESPN.com that the Celtics, after pursuing him in previous seasons as well, are on the verge of acquiring Bayless for shooting guard Courtney Lee. A trade call with the league office, sources said, has been scheduled for Monday. ESPN.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.gL7G0QGl.dpuf

Interesting. Grizz taking on long-term salary

ThaDubs
01-05-2014, 07:11 PM
I don't like Bayless, good move for the Grizz imo

shep33
01-05-2014, 07:12 PM
I don't like Bayless, good move for the Grizz imo

Yeah, I mean he seems like a better fit. Also, great move by the Celtics

Stunner
01-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Yay ?

celtics 34
01-05-2014, 07:15 PM
I think if Lee is given the playing time he can play well there

shep33
01-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Yay ?

Salary dump for the Celts, and a good one

LTBaByyy
01-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Grizz need scoring, Lee will be a perfect 6th man for them

He thrives in a role player role, does horrible in a major role

KnicksorBust
01-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Makes sense for both teams. I personally like Lee as a bench player so I would give the slight edge to the Grizz.

mzgrizz
01-05-2014, 08:08 PM
I don't know about this. Looks like most of you think it's a good thing for the Grizz, but I'm missing JB already.

MrfadeawayJB
01-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Can lee play pg at all cause jb was primary backup pg for us

RaginRondo17
01-05-2014, 08:20 PM

He shouldn't.

YoungOne
01-05-2014, 08:22 PM

not at all

mzgrizz
01-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the headsup. That speaks volumes. Means the FO isn't through yet, so who knows which other Grizz is on the block??

IndiansFan337
01-05-2014, 09:14 PM
I'm surprised the Grizz are looking to deal away one of their best deep threats when that is one if their biggest weaknesses.

bagwell368
01-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Lee is playing the best ball of his career, and he's at his physical peak - and even so - he's barely or not earning his contract. But consider he's got 2.5+ years left on his deal. Meanwhile the Celts get a similarly flawed player who is a FA at the end of the year.

So it's two years of what the Celts do with the money vs. what the Grizz get out of Lee. Too early to call the trade either way.

NBA_Starter
01-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Seems like a good deal to me.

A_Bynum_sucks
01-05-2014, 11:47 PM
Too bad Memphis was Brainless in trading Tony Wroten...who is a better SG or PG then either of those 2 guys...and only 20 years old. And Memphis dealt him to Philly and got absolutely ZERO for him.

Thanks Grizzlies :-)

kingsdelez24
01-06-2014, 12:33 AM
The Grizzlies really took a major step back this year

MrfadeawayJB
01-06-2014, 12:44 AM
I'm surprised the Grizz are looking to deal away one of their best deep threats when that is one if their biggest weaknesses.

Lee is a improvement over Bayless in the shooting department. Way too early to tell, but on paper, the grizz improved shooting in this trade

sep11ie
01-06-2014, 01:03 AM
I might be Lee's biggest fan. I hate seeing him on a rival.

DitchDat
01-06-2014, 07:28 AM
Grizz take on long-term salary, yes, but Lee's deal is reasonable and he's still young and producing well. Great move by both teams as the Celts gain some flexibility. Plus, I've always liked Bayless. He can flat-out score. It just sucks that Pressey's probably off to Maine.

Sportfan
01-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Grizz need scoring, Lee will be a perfect 6th man for them

He thrives in a role player role, does horrible in a major role

Wrong. If anything, he thrives when he does have a major role as a starter opposed to a bench player. He had his worst season coming off the bench last season. He belongs on a starting lineup tbh.

beasted86
01-06-2014, 04:50 PM
I like Lee and Allen at the SG & SF spot playing together.

But Nick Calathes has been putrid. He was a PG in college, but has been a bust thus far. I don't see who else will be playing backup PG.

Maybe waiving Seth Curry opens things up for another move.

BoSox47
01-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Celtics also get a 2nd round pick in 2016

MrfadeawayJB
01-06-2014, 06:56 PM
I like Lee and Allen at the SG & SF spot playing together.

But Nick Calathes has been putrid. He was a PG in college, but has been a bust thus far. I don't see who else will be playing backup PG.

Maybe waiving Seth Curry opens things up for another move.

Calathes has been turrible. I see the grizz attempting to trade him and prince for a backup pg.

Maybe calathes and prince for Andre miller and a filler?

Lakers + Giants
01-06-2014, 08:09 PM
I will always love courtney lee because of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKshgJwb_ac

beasted86
01-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Calathes has been turrible. I see the grizz attempting to trade him and prince for a backup pg.

Yeah, Calathes shouldn't be playing any position let alone PG. But Andre Miller is definitely not the fit needed for the Grizzlies. Need a jumpshooting PG with range out to the 3PT line and better defense than Miller as well.

MrfadeawayJB
01-06-2014, 09:44 PM

Yeah, Calathes shouldn't be playing any position let alone PG. But Andre Miller is definitely not the fit needed for the Grizzlies. Need a jumpshooting PG with range out to the 3PT line and better defense than Miller as well.

At this point grizz fans want anybody who can play backup pg lol

Grizz have had like 25 backup pgs in the last 4 yrs and I'm not exaggerating

theducksmuggler
01-06-2014, 09:55 PM
still dont get why they gave away Wroton to the 76ers he is playing great

MrfadeawayJB
01-06-2014, 10:31 PM
still dont get why they gave away Wroton to the 76ers he is playing great

Me either. He was drafted by the last regime and the new brass never really liked him. He was garbage in summer league and that sealed his fate. Brass brought in calathes (who was high on hollingers draft board ) and he was supposed to be the answer

beasted86
01-06-2014, 10:44 PM

Yeah, but how about once and for all make a clear forward move, instead of a bunch of lateral or backwards moves they have been doing the past couple years that have mostly looked like money saving moves instead of actually trying to improve the team?

Tayshaun Prince + 1st for Jameer Nelson. Same 2 year deal, but makes a bit more money. Clear veteran PG who will be an upgrade for this year and next and stabilize the bench by having a scorer and 3PT shooter. Still maintains flexibility for the summer of 2015 rebuild.

MrfadeawayJB
01-06-2014, 11:03 PM

Yeah, but how about once and for all make a clear forward move, instead of a bunch of lateral or backwards moves they have been doing the past couple years that have mostly looked like money saving moves instead of actually trying to improve the team?

Tayshaun Prince + 1st for Jameer Nelson. Same 2 year deal, but makes a bit more money. Clear veteran PG who will be an upgrade for this year and next and stabilize the bench by having a scorer and 3PT shooter. Still maintains flexibility for the summer of 2015 rebuild.

I wouldn't mind that move. The only problem I see with it is that Nelson is small (like Conley) and I think they want a bigger guard who can match up physically with the likes of Westbrook, Bledsoe, Lilliard in the west

But now that I think if it I'm not sure the grizz brass would want to give up that first in a stacked draft. Maybe a future first or second though