PDA

View Full Version : Fall Out In Milwaukee? Bucks on verge of internal implosion?

Giannis94
01-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Love seeing this as a Bucks fan. While I am unsure if I like Larry anymore, he is a nice enforcer to have but is a bit of a lunatic. This could have a bad impression on the younger guys which the Bucks are trying to groom for the future. IE: Giannis, Wolters and Henson.

Bucks guard Gary Neal and center Larry Sanders exchanged words during a locker-room argument following Milwaukee’s 116-100 road loss to Phoenix on Saturday.

In a rare public expression of teammate-on-teammate frustration, Neal took a dig at Sanders’ work ethic and salary, according to the Arizona Republic.

Gary Neal and Larry Sanders got into a shouting match with media present. At one point, Neal yelled, “I earn my money. Why don’t you try it?”
The Journal-Sentinel also reported the exchange, noting that Sanders “questioned Neal’s attitude” and that guard O. J. Mayo tried to downplay the exchange.

Neal was yelling loudly as he exited the locker room and Sanders would not comment on the argument as he exited. Earlier Bucks strength and conditioning coach Robert Hackett stepped between the two players to try to keep the situation from escalating.

Bucks guard O.J. Mayo later said, “A little team bonding, man, that’s all. A little kumbaya, man. It’s all good.”
Milwaukee committed a season-high 26 turnovers, losing for the fifth time in their last six games, and neither player enjoyed much individual success. Neal finished with nine points (on 3-for-8 shooting), one rebound and one assist in 18 minutes off the bench. Sanders tallied seven points (on 3-for-5 shooting), two rebounds and one block, while registering a team-worst minus-26 in 26 minutes.

Neal, 29, signed a two-year, $6.5 million contract with the Bucks in July after spending the three previous seasons with the Spurs. The journeyman guard, who went undrafted out of Towson and played in Turkey, Spain and Italy before sticking in San Antonio, is averaging 10.4 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game this season.

Sanders, 25, inked a four-year, $44 million rookie contract extension in August, and hasn’t been able to escape the negative headlines since. In October, Sanders’ former agent sued his current representation for alleged client poaching prior to Sanders’ new deal. In November, Sanders and new Bucks coach Larry Drew reportedly didn’t see eye-to-eye about Sanders’ role.

Shortly after that news broke, Sanders was involved in a late-night nightclub incident which left him with a torn ligament in his thumb. Sanders was later cited by police for his role in the incident, which allegedly involved throwing champagne bottles, and previous animal cruelty charges against Sanders also came to light.

The thumb injury required surgery, costing Sanders 25 games, and he returned to the court on Dec. 27. The fourth-year center is averaging 7.1 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game, and Milwaukee is 1-4 since his return.

After signing his new contract, Sanders acknowledged that he was being entrusted with a leadership role on a rebuilt Bucks team, and he said that he looked forward to “represent[ing] Milwaukee” for the duration of his new deal.

“Can’t believe I’ve been granted this opportunity to represent Milwaukee for the next five years and hopefully the rest of my career,” Sanders wrote on Instagram. “Words can not explain my gratitude for the Bucks organization and the faith in me as a leader and a worker. I won’t let you down Mil-town.”

Back in early December, Sanders was named to The Point Forward’s Eastern Conference All-Letdown Team.

Milwaukee’s 7-26 record marks the worst in the NBA.

Giannis94
01-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Here is the link! Wouldn't let me properly update the thread.

http://nba.si.com/2014/01/05/larry-sanders-gary-neal-locker-room-argument-bucks-suns/

Swashcuff
01-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Blow it up Milwaukee. I'll take Middleton, Giannis and/or Henson on the 76ers please. :nod:

Tony_Starks
01-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Sanders is straight from the hood. A lot of players are, Damian Lillard and Aaron Afflalo for example, but they're able to use it as motivation to play harder. Sanders strikes me more as a knucklehead that could end up a "what could've been" story....

He also had locker room confrontations with Monta and Jennings last year.

Giannis94
01-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Blow it up Milwaukee. I'll take Middleton, Giannis and/or Henson on the 76ers please. :nod:

Hammond knows what hes doing but Kohls treating him like a puppit. Hell do what Kohl suggests to keep his job. Why do you think they did what they did in the off-season? There is no way in hell Hammond thought the team would be competitive, but it was a big enough smoke screen to "look like" it for Kohl. Even with all players healthy they are an 8 seed at best. The cards are just falling in the Bucks fans favor this year.

Swashcuff
01-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Hammond knows what hes doing but Kohls treating him like a puppit. Hell do what Kohl suggests to keep his job. Why do you think they did what they did in the off-season? There is no way in hell Hammond thought the team would be competitive, but it was a big enough smoke screen to "look like" it for Kohl. Even with all players healthy they are an 8 seed at best. The cards are just falling in the Bucks fans favor this year.

TBH though you guys should be a lot better than you are. I mean injuries to Ily, Knight, Butler and Sanders (think he has hurt his brain even more this year) have hurt you and Mayo is having what is possibly the worst season of his career after having somewhat of a bounce back year last year in Dallas. I would have thought that you guys would have been at least around 12+ wins at this point. You are right about the cards falling into place.

Thoughts on being able to move Sanders/Ily. Do you want to move them?

Giannis94
01-05-2014, 12:04 PM
TBH though you guys should be a lot better than you are. I mean injuries to Ily, Knight, Butler and Sanders (think he has hurt his brain even more this year) have hurt you and Mayo is having what is possibly the worst season of his career after having somewhat of a bounce back year last year in Dallas. I would have thought that you guys would have been at least around 12+ wins at this point. You are right about the cards falling into place.

Thoughts on being able to move Sanders/Ily. Do you want to move them?

Move anyone but Wolters, Giannis, Henson and the pick. I really would like to see either traded for a sg/pg or something. I mean Larry for Iman Shumpert could make sense for both teams (just tossing it out there, long shot. just what I think), but Larry is a headcase and would be negatively effected by the NY media. Ily- why not. The thing is maximizing their value and I don't know if that an be done during the season as both have had issues this year. I am thinking more in the off season unless they get overwhelmed by a particular/desperate team.

Giannis and Henson are the building blocks for sure though. Walters will be a future 6th man? and Middleton will be a solid reserve as well.

PacersForLife
01-05-2014, 12:39 PM
I would think Sanders is worth more than Shumpert.

I still remember the time he tried to fight the Pacers' whole starting five basically. Then I watched an interview, (I think it was just before this seasons started), and he seemed smarter and more down-to-earth than I thought he would be.

KnicksorBust
01-05-2014, 01:04 PM
If there is ever a year you want to be on the verge of internal implosion this is it. Congratulations Milwaukee?

tr3ymill3r
01-05-2014, 01:07 PM
If the Bucks weren't in the NBA come February would anyone notice?

UPRock
01-05-2014, 01:52 PM
How's Brandon Knight playing for you guys so far?

ghettosean
01-05-2014, 02:53 PM
If the Bucks weren't in the NBA come February would anyone notice?

Lol

P&GRealist
01-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Is there a worse GM in the league the last 10 yrs than John Hammond?

Vampirate
01-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Is there a worse GM in the league the last 10 yrs than John Hammond?

One of the New York GMs, look at all the money spent, picks traded and look where it's gotten them.

COOLbeans
01-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Move anyone but Wolters, Giannis, Henson and the pick. I really would like to see either traded for a sg/pg or something. I mean Larry for Iman Shumpert could make sense for both teams (just tossing it out there, long shot. just what I think), but Larry is a headcase and would be negatively effected by the NY media. Ily- why not. The thing is maximizing their value and I don't know if that an be done during the season as both have had issues this year. I am thinking more in the off season unless they get overwhelmed by a particular/desperate team.

Giannis and Henson are the building blocks for sure though. Walters will be a future 6th man? and Middleton will be a solid reserve as well.

Brandon Knights been pretty good this year, no?

AddiX
01-05-2014, 04:19 PM
I forgot sanders and the bucks existed, forgot OJ mayo was there too. Didn't realize sanders was playing this bad.

It is pretty disgusting when a player gets paid like this and just doesn't give a f. I could care less about the owners paying him, but the fans have to deal with that nonsense for years now.