PDA

View Full Version : JR Smith didn't know the score in the Knicks-Rox game

shep33
01-04-2014, 02:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc0td4SsLxY

Post game:

JR said he thought #Knicks were down two & thought he had a good look to take the shot. He did see Tyson saying to stop, but too late.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/new_york_knicks#ixzz2pPQVV9RO

What's crazy is that they were coming out of a timeout...

RipCity32
01-04-2014, 02:39 AM
Drug test him!!!

shep33
01-04-2014, 02:45 AM
Drug test him!!!

:laugh:

KniCks4LiFe
01-04-2014, 02:52 AM
Drug test him!!!

too easy.

HYFR
01-04-2014, 02:55 AM
When it rains it pours.. This is what we get when our coach insists on having him out there in late game situations. No excuse for that shot

ThaDubs
01-04-2014, 03:00 AM
Knicks are a fail. Just a fail, on so many levels.

FriedTofuz
01-04-2014, 03:06 AM
#tankNation
Also bargs did the same thing, except they won :laugh2:

stawka
01-04-2014, 03:09 AM
Lmao #knickstape

shep33
01-04-2014, 03:17 AM
The Knicks played excellent today, plays like that have cost them this year though. Just silly mistakes.

I have to hand it to JR though, the dude is always honest. A lot of guys would've avoided that question

Riodagoat
01-04-2014, 03:31 AM
Remember when a lot of Knicks fan during offseason were saying they can win it all with JR Smith as their 2nd guy? Pepperidge farm remembers.

And he wasn't high. He really is just stupid.

BenFrank
01-04-2014, 03:39 AM
Definition of Low Basketball I.Q.

Drummond#1
01-04-2014, 03:47 AM
Cocaine is a helluva drug. *****es show Toure Murry your titties. (Clap clap)

lionel
01-04-2014, 03:51 AM
lol

SMH!
01-04-2014, 03:54 AM
he knew the score, he just didnt care

jimm120
01-04-2014, 03:58 AM
He hasn't been right since that night with Rihanna.

....Its like, He was playing like the 6th man of the year and being our #2 last year (which, honestly, people didn't think he'd be able to do). Come the playoffs, he's still good for the first 3 games...then goes out with Rihanna, gets drunk and snorts coccaine....then from that moment onward, he's been horrible.

RipCity32
01-04-2014, 04:00 AM
He hasn't been right since that night with Rihanna.

....Its like, He was playing like the 6th man of the year and being our #2 last year (which, honestly, people didn't think he'd be able to do). Come the playoffs, he's still good for the first 3 games...then goes out with Rihanna, gets drunk and snorts coccaine....then from that moment onward, he's been horrible.

Honestly your right, That's when all went downhill. It's like hes been on a 8 month crack binge.

NYKnickFanatic
01-04-2014, 04:01 AM
Low IQ player, something everyone knows...

JEDean89
01-04-2014, 04:06 AM
you should try watching this **** as a knicks fan, it's unbelievable. How is there no player coach communication during a timeout in which one of the 5 players who are going to be on the floor doesn't even know what the score is? I mean wtf do these guys do during timeouts? It's as if he was inspired by Bargnani and wasn't about to be passed up on the worst shot of the year award. This is a guy who's been known to shoot 35 foot 3 pointers with 17 seconds left on the shot clock, to go out clubbing the night before playoff games, to elbow players in the head for no ****ing reason. I defended him over the summer because, even though I knew he would inevitably regress back to ****, there was a chance that he and Melo get hot again in the playoffs at the same time, in which case the Knicks are a very tough team. Since the Knicks had no cap, I figured he at 6 mil was better than a **** player in the 15th man roll. I didn't think Woody would play this jerkoff in the final minutes of a game he was 2-13 in and for some reason decided to still be shooting. Woody talked a big game about holding players accountable but actions speak way louder than words and he hasn't backed that up at all.

NYKnickFanatic
01-04-2014, 04:08 AM
Knicks are a fail. Just a fail, on so many levels.

I don't know why you have so much hate for the Knicks. Always talking **** every chance you get.

shep33
01-04-2014, 04:35 AM
you should try watching this **** as a knicks fan, it's unbelievable. How is there no player coach communication during a timeout in which one of the 5 players who are going to be on the floor doesn't even know what the score is? I mean wtf do these guys do during timeouts? It's as if he was inspired by Bargnani and wasn't about to be passed up on the worst shot of the year award. This is a guy who's been known to shoot 35 foot 3 pointers with 17 seconds left on the shot clock, to go out clubbing the night before playoff games, to elbow players in the head for no ****ing reason. I defended him over the summer because, even though I knew he would inevitably regress back to ****, there was a chance that he and Melo get hot again in the playoffs at the same time, in which case the Knicks are a very tough team. Since the Knicks had no cap, I figured he at 6 mil was better than a **** player in the 15th man roll. I didn't think Woody would play this jerkoff in the final minutes of a game he was 2-13 in and for some reason decided to still be shooting. Woody talked a big game about holding players accountable but actions speak way louder than words and he hasn't backed that up at all.

Yeah, JR seems like a frustrating player to have on your team. He has talent, but he just settles way too much for low percentage shots. Don't get why this guy never takes it to the rim.

xxcubs22xx
01-04-2014, 08:42 AM
Low IQ player, something everyone knows...

This.

I think the bigger issue about the end of this game for the Knicks should be the fact that Bargs got the offensive rebound and kicked it back out when he was ~10ft from the rim and had a clear look to finish...He had a look at a very high percentage shot and nobody was between him and the rim...

AND, If JR Smith hits that shot...What do we talk about?

mjt20mik
01-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Sad to see such a silly mistake. They were playing so well on this trip too. Easily could have been 2-0.

mightymouse407
01-04-2014, 09:45 AM
#tankNation
Also bargs did the same thing, except they won :laugh2:

Tanking for what? There pick goes to the nuggets or magic

theducksmuggler
01-04-2014, 10:13 AM
That possession was horrible on all accounts Carmelo gave up the ball TWICE in one on one situations Bargani had a wide open lay up and passed it out and then Beno didnt have any idea what to do with the ball...not a knicks fan at all but got that possession as a basketball fan was horrible to wacth

phantasyyy
01-04-2014, 10:18 AM
That possession was horrible on all accounts Carmelo gave up the ball TWICE in one on one situations Bargani had a wide open lay up and passed it out and then Beno didnt have any idea what to do with the ball...not a knicks fan at all but got that possession as a basketball fan was horrible to wacth

lol. dont blame melo for this lost, he did the right thing by passing to the open man(beno) and if you rewatch the sequence he was desperately calling for the ball the last possession but the team decided to just not give it to him

theducksmuggler
01-04-2014, 10:52 AM
lol. dont blame melo for this lost, he did the right thing by passing to the open man(beno) and if you rewatch the sequence he was desperately calling for the ball the last possession but the team decided to just not give it to him

I blamed 3 other people besides Melo is was more then one persons fault group effort from Smith Beno Bargani and Melo...watch the tape again my friend and Melo gets the ball thrown to him with 15 seconds left in an ISO situation with parsons with the lane completely empty and he passed to shumpert who misses the jumper and then again he gets the ball with about 8 seconds ISO again on Parsons drives to lane where i think he could of finished or got fouled by Howard then kicks it out to Beno then Melo drifted in the corner begging for the ball i could care less if he is begging for the ball he had the ball twice in an ISO situation but decided to kick it out...and no im not blaming Melo for the loss because that was team effort to get that loss im just saying its not like Melo helped the situation

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-04-2014, 11:03 AM
he's mad cuz he's brother got cut

now he made the knicks suffer :laugh2:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/hints-betrayal-knicks-reports-team-cut-brother-article-1.1561794

JiffyMix88
01-04-2014, 11:31 AM
LOL at the Knicks and their fans!

NYKnickFanatic
01-04-2014, 02:22 PM
This.

I think the bigger issue about the end of this game for the Knicks should be the fact that Bargs got the offensive rebound and kicked it back out when he was ~10ft from the rim and had a clear look to finish...He had a look at a very high percentage shot and nobody was between him and the rim...

Also, JR took the shot and missed, then Udrih goes and makes a stupid foul, to put Brooks at the line while it was a tied game, giving them the lead.

*Superman*
01-04-2014, 03:05 PM
I'd love to see the guy's reaction who made the YouTube rant when they lost at home to the Celtics by 30 or 40.

KniCks4LiFe
01-04-2014, 03:30 PM
This.

you realize if JR hits that shot, the Roxs have 17 secs to do whatever they want right?

JR took the shot, that led to losing the possession. Had Beno not taken the foul the Roxs have a walkoff possession at home. With our defense right now, that is a 98% chance it doesn't end well for us.

JR holds the ball and resets, we have a walkoff possession on the road and at worst force OT.

JEDean89
01-04-2014, 03:31 PM
^^^^ here ya go
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1910653-angry-knicks-fan-returns-after-jr-smiths-most-recent-blunder

KniCks4LiFe
01-04-2014, 03:32 PM
I'd love to see the guy's reaction who made the YouTube rant when they lost at home to the Celtics by 30 or 40.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYC3P4cIiPQ